[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tears of Ious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 628x-1.jpg (50 KB, 628x799) Image search: [Google]
628x-1.jpg
50 KB, 628x799
What's the most valuable thing in your setting, /tg/?
>>
File: 1466231021122.gif (4 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1466231021122.gif
4 MB, 500x282
>>48299214
True Love.
>>
>>48299214
A port city in orbit over a soon-to-be-inhabited planet that, due to a loophole, is legally regarded as a freighter owned by a megacorp. It's also the lifeline to the planet, by way of a space elevator.
>>
>>48299214
The fruit/seeds of the world trees, can make a mortal a god and/or drastically change the world.
>>
>>48299214
A Soul.
Lose it, and you're fucked.
Forget the afterlife. Forget reincarnation.
You'll die a true death.
>>
File: this-topia.png (4 KB, 510x46) Image search: [Google]
this-topia.png
4 KB, 510x46
>>48299214

Information.
>>
>>48301895
Deep.
In a good way.
>>
>>48299214
Access to time travel.
>>
Souls.

And Love.
>>
>>48299214
Diamonds are actually crystalized psychic power, their flaws the memories of those whose former mortal forms make them up. When a soul passes on and loses its memories, a diamond forms on the plane that belongs to the god of death. One is consumed every time a new child is born, permanently destroying the memories of the past soul. This does not actually affect the soul, though the soul has a sort of pointer to the memory diamond it held in life so that it can be revived if necessary.
So something between divine sparks, souls (a less powerful version), and diamonds, depending on what your priorities are.
>>
File: Follow your dreams..jpg (76 KB, 564x828) Image search: [Google]
Follow your dreams..jpg
76 KB, 564x828
>>48299214
Souls, specially the ones from high level characters. XP is soulstuff.

A 10th level warrior soul will reincarnate as 10 new souls, one of r every year after his death.

If you revive him 5 years after his death, he will be a 5th level warrior.

The growth of Creation is founded on heroes.

The prosperity of Hell is based on leeching this cosmic mechanism.
>>
>>48299214
Power.
>>
>>48302361
Well, that explains why you have to kill things to get XP.
>>
>>48299214
The gentle touch of a lesbian.

In truth, it's enchanted iron, demons are a major problem and evil fey are extremely problematic in their own right
>>
>>48302382
I can't name many games where you HAVE to take something's like to gain XP from it.
>>
Pieces of a princess that was shattered. Putting her back together would result in setting threat power.
>>
>>48302406
The souls series.
Uh.
Not Kotor...
Fuck, you're right. Most games have so for peaceful outcomes too.
>>
File: 001.jpg (59 KB, 384x816) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
59 KB, 384x816
>>48302382
Not really. My GM gives xp for challenges without any violence or death.

A 3rd level commoner which never fought anything bigger than a dire roach also counts on this.

However, one of the reasons devils are appealing is those soulcoins which can be digested as xp for the distinguished murderhobo.
>>
>>48302539
D&D in particular never says that killing grants XP, only "overcoming challenges".
>>
>>48302539
Undertale
And this is actually a plot point
>>
File: 1405254723676.png (598 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1405254723676.png
598 KB, 1024x768
>>48299343
>The most common and worthless thing in the multiverse
>>
>>48302876
There are a lot of very common things that, if they just disappeared, would make everything else not work.
I'd like to say electrons, but maybe more would naturally be generated?
The metaphor stands regardless of the nature and origins of particle physics.
>>
>>48299343
This.
>>
>>48299343
What the fuck is this "true love" shit, get outta here with your useless romantic fantasies. Ain't no goddamn true love.
>>48299214
Love.
>>
>>48302698
Someday I'll get around to shooping out the disgusting cowballoon tits and end up with an image worth fapping to.
>>
>>48299343
But the Aflutter gem was the most worthless thing in the known universe
>>
>>48299214
Divinity
>>
The Truth.
>>
Even in the post-apocalyptic world of the future, Saffron remains one of the most expensive items around.
Even alien tech doesn't fetch the same price.

When we found this out, we took over the farming community that was growing the flowers and are making a mighty fortress city to guard our fragile, transient riches.
>>
Bees
>>
Land. Not like it's some space or flood apocalypse setting, real estate is just a really valued commodity.
>>
Good threads. They are so rare that no really believes they exist, but sometimes one shows up and all are enriched for it.
>>
File: Lol.jpg (72 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
Lol.jpg
72 KB, 500x409
The almost decayed corpse of a simple human man.

A recurring theme in my setting is a character who found immortality. He is a small but important part in every campaign I run regardless of the timeline. He invented necromancy, he created gnomes, and he enslaved the gods. The only way he could be killed is if the original corpse (which is nothing but bones at this point) was destroyed.

My players get chills if I mention his name, they are more than accustomed to his name being foreshadowing for bad times.
>>
>>48302281
Quite creative
This computer scientist likes your pointer idea
>>
Reverine, an orange mineral that is found all over the world, but in extremely low quantities. It has similar properties to platinum (aside from providing amazing magical power. It can amplify magical power, grant it to those who have none, and is rumored to be able to grant wishes if you can gather enough of it. Its power is similar to that of the gods, and is the only known substance capable of both harming a god and protecting against their powers, but this is a closely guarded secret. It's rare and valuable enough that most are loathe to use it for practical purposes, so it is commonly stored in bars roughly the size of a finger. You could buy a small kingdom with one such bar.
>>
Shards of the souls of gods which when consumed impart divine abilities.
>>
>>48305852
But you can't handle it.
>>
>>48299214

"The Ultimate Weapon", a tool of unknown origin with the power to level cities. Two nations are at war, and if one of them finds it all hell breaks loose.

From a certain point of view, it doesn't exist. The signs of its activity are actually a byproduct of its intended use(s), and by most standards it doesn't qualify as a 'weapon', either. The BBEG relies on this misinformation.
>>
>>48299214
Diplomacy, if you can't talk your way out of a problem then people get fuckin' killed. Which by extension means people will kill for a good diplomat. Thankfully that is my character so far, accidentally.
>>
>>48299214
Phylacteria of the most ancient lich alive.
It's a big magic sapphire in the crown of not!Marocco king. It can control sandstorms and is the most ancient sign of power around these parts.
And it holds an even more valuable thingie... >>48301895
>>
bemp
>>
come on, bump
>>
>>48302876
Wew lad, how's being single treating you?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.