[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the competitive games you play, /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: questionthingy.png (8 KB, 581x307) Image search: [Google]
questionthingy.png
8 KB, 581x307
Tell me about the competitive games you play, /tg/
>>
File: Game_Of_Pretend.jpg (98 KB, 541x486) Image search: [Google]
Game_Of_Pretend.jpg
98 KB, 541x486
>Pretend
>50% skillful play
>50% pure luck
>>
>>48295236
>list/deckbuilding
nice meme
>>
I feel like the amount of skill or luck required is too variable depending on what deck you're playing. Some have very little actual decision making because the most optimal play is almost always self evident.
>>
File: Infinity.jpg (40 KB, 581x307) Image search: [Google]
Infinity.jpg
40 KB, 581x307
Compare...
>>
File: Magic The Gathering.jpg (42 KB, 581x307) Image search: [Google]
Magic The Gathering.jpg
42 KB, 581x307
>>48295305
And contrast.
>>
>>48295236

>40k
>%20 skillfull play
> %60 list building / what army you pick
>%20 pure luck

Example. There are 2 players in my area i will use as a prime example.

One of them is a good enough player but brings the latest netlist to every tourney.

The other guy lacks game play skill and takes the units he likes, thinks look good on the table top, has cool fluff and or loves to paint.

Now Mr. Netlist will place in the top 5 out of 40 players. And Mr. fluff bunny will place in the bottom 10.

One tourney when Mr. netlist and i were going back and forth about how much skill / army list came into play (Mr. netlist thought it was all skill.... WHAT A TWIST!!!) i bet him $100 that if he swapped lists with Mr. fluff bunny that netlister would place in the bottom half of players and netlister would place in the top 8.

After the tourney ended i got myself $100 in store credit.

Since i ring for the tourney i either get free entry and im gunning for best painted or i get to chill out and paint all day. This one i was painting so after each game i would walk up to Mr. netlist and tell him what i was going to buy with his $100 bucks.

The tears of a powergamer are sweet annons.
>>
>>48295446

He thinks 40K requires %20 skill. Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

Its at best %5 skill, %70 List and %25 luck.
>>
File: 52a.gif (999 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
52a.gif
999 KB, 500x654
Winning a game of Weiss Schwarz is
>20% Skillfull play
>30% Good deck
>50% Luck
>>
Winning a game of shitposting is

20% skillful play
50% good bait
30% pure luck
>>
>>48295236
Winning a game of BattleCON is
100% skillful play,
0% good list/deckbuilding, and
0% pure luck.
>>
Winning a game of life is:

10% skillful play
30% good starting list, and
60% pure luck.
>>
Winning a combat in Edge of the Empire is
0% skillful play
0% good building
100% pure luck
>>
Winning a game of Coin flip is
0% skillful play
0% good list/deackbuilding
100% pure luck
>>
>>48298413

It's 100% good list/deckbuilding if you use a two-headed coin.

Or maybe that's skillful play?
>>
>>48295236
10% Luck
20% Skill
15% Concentrated power of will
5% Pleasure
50% Pain
>>
>>48299264
10% Luck
20% Skill
15% Concentrated power of will
5% Pleasure
50% Slam
100% Reason to remember the Jam
>>
>>48299327
kek
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.