[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play/DM a game set in the Runescape universe? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1451268289357.png (269 KB, 3640x920) Image search: [Google]
1451268289357.png
269 KB, 3640x920
Would you play/DM a game set in the Runescape universe? What would your character be? DMs, what would the story be?
>>
Why is Zaros an xbox?

I would play a Runescape campaign
>>
>>48294194
>Would you play/DM a game set in the Runescape universe?
Absolutely.
>What would your character be?
Traveling hippy Guthix priest/tank who's always balls-deep in a treasure trail.
>>
I'd play a character who is researching the theory behind why it's so hard to put anchovies on a pizza.
>>
>>48294194
Wait, guthix died?
>>
File: Slowpoke_1a7504_4755302.jpg (33 KB, 780x425) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke_1a7504_4755302.jpg
33 KB, 780x425
>>48297510
>>
>>48297510
Yep, Jagex killed him off so they could bring in the gods as characters since his edicts would no longer apply if he's kaput.

>tfw you were a Guthixbro before this happens
>tfw you had to pick a new god to follow

Also Bandos should be a grave too but this is out of date. Bandos and Armadyl squared off and Arma won. Get fucked Bandoskiddies.

People might hate on RS3 being too different but the new lore is kickass.
>>
>>48294194
>Menaphite Pantheon not even present
I'd be offended if it weren't for them essentially exiling themselves from the ordeals of the word to hang out in their desert. Icthlarin is a bro.
>>
>>48298076
You bet your neutral green ass that I'm mad my Big High War God got killed off. I'd be madder if Armadyl wasn't objectively the most bro tier god in Illanor and didn't have such a sexy voice. No Bird Homo.
>>
Zaros is best god, I liked him back in the day due to how mysterious he was plus ancient magic was awesome. I loved him so much when they put out god baseball caps I had to buy one and am actually wearing it right now.

Not sure what they did to him in Newscape though.
>>
Statting some of the weapons in DnD would be fun to do
>standard longsword would be bronze
>plus 1 would be mithril
>plus 2 would be rune
>plus 3 would be dragon, add a rechargeable special attack
>plus 4 and beyond would be shit like chaotic and boss weapons

Plus plenty of people are still into Runescape do finding someone familiar with the story wouldn't be too hard, unless they're grindscape players who never do quests
>>
File: Zaros_Concept_Art.png (667 KB, 1023x908) Image search: [Google]
Zaros_Concept_Art.png
667 KB, 1023x908
>>48298352
Zaros is hands down the best god, he has all the best goodies from a metagame standpoint. And his ideals are also top-tier from a lore standpoint as well, self-reflection and improvement? Nobody else comes close.

I'm not a huge fan of the new lore, but I'm also not opposed to it either.

Oh yeah I'd play a campaign set in RS.
>>
>>48294194
I honestly never knew that there were more than three gods in that game
>>
>>48298054
> that image quality
Like a lightly fried twitter meme, good lord
>>
File: circa. 28 Aug 2007.png (154 KB, 511x338) Image search: [Google]
circa. 28 Aug 2007.png
154 KB, 511x338
>>48299136
Most of them were minor background characters before the God Wars Dungeon got added.
>>
>>48294194
What? I don't recognize half these gods.
Are they from the new lore? If so no way, og or nothing.
>>
File: 1467897618701.jpg (176 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1467897618701.jpg
176 KB, 1632x1224
>>48300525
>protection prayers and high prayer gear used to be useful
>>
>>48303699
All but like 2 are from the old lore, those being sliske and godless.
>>
>>48294194
I remember when you could play as Guthix. Kill me, for the best choice is gone.
>>
>>48294194
I never noticed there was an actual universe. I just thought it was stock standard generic rpg setting.

Guess that's not paying them the shekels.
>>
>>48294194
Fuck I've been away for a long time.
Last time I logged in, that Fist of Guthix minigame was brand new. Somebody give me the rundown.
>>
>>48305501
So basically
>shit happens
>questing ensues
>some fuckface called Sliske shows up
>yoinks MacGuffin
>kills Guthix with it
>basically he ruled that gods can't influence mortals or set foot on Runescape
>since he's dead those rules no longer apply
>gods are back
>cue God Wars 2: Electric Boogaloo
>with his dying breath Guth made your PC the chosen one
>basically the outcome of the new God Wars is dependant on which god the playerbase likes the most
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.