[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: Apocalypse.jpg (735 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse.jpg
735 KB, 1536x2000
>resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Chaos strike back edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
https://seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
>>48279965

No All-gates and Sylvaneth yet.
>>
Are thos chaos knights flying?
>>
Age of Sigmar style ruleset for 40k when?
>>
>>48291275
Rumors point to fall off next year. While it may not be to the level of aos, the rumors say gw recognizes how bloated and needlessly complex the rules have gotten, and are looking to streamline and slim it down, make it more friendly for new players and the like.
>>
>>48291243
aka lazy art
>>
Does anyone know how similar, size wise, a 40k maulerfiend is to a slaughterbeast? Think it would be a fun counts as.
>>
> Really want to play Everchosen, love the Varanguard models
> Don't want empty my entire bank account on 10 models

Do you see my problem?
>>
File: Sylvaneth.jpg (57 KB, 442x666) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaneth.jpg
57 KB, 442x666
What Wargrove is best?
>>
>>48291304
Although to their credit, I don't think any artist has got Dorghar's heads in the wrong order yet. So that's something.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 488x999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 488x999
>>48291205
I would like to cheer for death, but all their leaders except for Ushoran are just lame-ass dipshits.
>>
>>48290994
I really think DE culd technically be on destruction, at least for how they make sacrifices and religiously adore murdering and slavering
>>
>>48291315

Z sells varanguard for like $30 for 2
>>
>>48291303
I would approve WH40k age of sigmar style, but overall without points, (as original was AoS) so i could play sisters of battle more freely
>>
And again, here are the rumored releases for the next 6 months

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/07/gw-rumors-the-next-6-months-releases-2.html
>>
>>48291336
>Renueval of Settra the Imperishable
The best that could happen
>>
>>48291344
Meh, I've never been a fan of recasts. I know I have no right to complain about it but still.
>>
>>48291315
Until they get allegiance abilities, just get a unit and throw em into a chaos undivided list or something.
Or, run a Gaunt Summoner and 2 units of varanguard, and summon tons of demons. Wouldn't be much more expensive than your average army if you go ebay or flgs
>>
Still asking for the "How to paint Ironjawz", cant seem to find it in the pastebin, if anyone have a link or have it, could you please upload it?
>>
File: wp_ss_20160715_0002.png (1 MB, 1262x642) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160715_0002.png
1 MB, 1262x642
>>48291205
>Chaos strike back edition
>mfw
>>
>>48291205
So, Im starting up a Slaves to Darkness army. For about 30$, I got a Chaos Sorceress and a regiment of Warriors. I've also had my local gameshop order me a blister of a Exalted Hero of Chaos. I think after that, I'll be buying a Slaves to Darkness Start Collecting! Box. But, after that, I'm a little lost on what to buy next. I am not too sure about devition to a particular chaos god? Not really sure that any of them really match my tastes, but I guess im not totally against mixing in some more God specific units, like Bloodbound or something like that.

All I know is, i'm ready to pillage some villages!
>>
>>48291377
Still waiting for Heinrich Kemmler to return with Settra to form part of the Chaos aligned undead faction.
>>
Should I shelf my Beastmen and go full Slaves to Darkness/Bloodbound? Beasts are pretty cool but the lack of good formations and Heroes kind of sucks.
>>
>>48291339
No, really not. As much as I would like it for my DE and Ogers to be on the same Alliance they don't really fit. Destruction is too strongly defined by the orky type of Anarchism. Wreck everything for fun with no real personal gain. DE are still to structured and ordered for stuff like that. Where they would fit the best in my opinion would be a Grand Alliance Darkness or Unaligned or something, shared with the death stuff.
An alliance that is mostly defined by the powerful selfish ambition of it's members, with no regards for others. Costs be damned as long as others pay for it. Would have fit both the DE, the Vampires and even the Tomb Kings to some extent.
GW just decided they wanted a pure undead faction, so now DE has to be Order and death is a tiny alliance ruled by a guy that trips over his own ego.
>>
>>48291243
we anime now, everything flies
>>
Did allgates and sylvaneth epub surface yet?
>>
So does the lava drake match the dread saurian in size or is it 2 smol
>>
>>48291243
I think they're all emerging from a realmgate that is floating behind them and falling unto the ground. Most of them seem to be in some kind of downward motion.
>>
>>48291691
Lava drake? You mean the Fyreslayers magmadroth? I'm not sure but I think it's quite a bit smaller than the saurian.
>>
>>48291336
You kinda forget Settra and Arkhan.
>>48291495
>Settra
>Bowing to chaos
Not gonna happen, and Kemmler a shit.
>>
>>48291803
Ahh that's all I was asking. It looked rather sizeable in the pics
>>
>>48291810
Yeah, Settra actually put his hatred of Nagash aside to fight chaos because they dared to offer him a life of servitude to them
>>
>>48291810
Bitch, Grandmaster K is best necromancer!
>>
>>48291840

That scene was hands down the best (and only good) thing to come out of End Times.
>>
>>48291651
>allgates and sylvaneth
Nope, but will upload GHB as soon as possible.
>>
>>48291857
That's easily Arkhan the Black.
Talking about Necromancers, how's the book about Vanhel ? I have yet to read it.
>>
>>48291875
I got atleast a laugh out of Malekith surrendering to Grimgor.
>>
>>48291857
>Calls himself the Grand Liche
>In a setting with Nagash
He aint shit compared to the Big Bone Daddy
>>
>>48291905
I think Vanhel was duped by Vlad to become one of the greatest necromancers of the age. Then he took control of the reanimated victims of the Skaven's own plague to backfire their entire invasion.
>>
>>48291959
Lichemaster is a title that Heinrich Kemmler earned after beating a liche. Which used to be quite the achivement because all liches used to be transcendent top tier necromancers.
>>
>>48291940

I was hyped for Karl Franz Ascendent in Glottkin and then in Archaon they just went "lol nope he's literally Sigmar" and then still acts like a gigantic chump
>>
Anons, how can I remove the black block? And how to add a blank page to pdf?
>>
>>48291318
I'm playing Heartwood, but only @ 2500 points
That one, the Spooky one and Gnarlwood seem to be the 3 strongest
>>
Does anyone have the How to Paint: Warriors of Chaos booklet?
>>
>>48291875
Eh, Nagash and Glottkin were in large parts pretty good, Khaine was weird (and inappropriatly funny, what with all the phoenix kings basically wearing an asbestos suit), Thanquol was mostly forgettable and Archaon was infuriating and terrible, a few good scenes notwithstanding.
>>
>>48292351

>hey empire
>you know how we retconned killing Volkmar?
>yeah well we're going to kill him again even worse, turn him into the vessel for Nagash, then unceremoniously murder off Luthor Huss and most other named characters
>oh and Empire will job for the undead for the rest of the books and Karl Franz will turn Super Sigmar Seiyan and still job to Archaon

Ok
>>
>>48292422
I still loved Gelt's fall into Necromancy with Vlad as his mentor. I miss them ;_;
>>
File: 1409862240457.jpg (76 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1409862240457.jpg
76 KB, 540x720
Stupid question from a new player.

In the AoS app, is a "Battle pack" simply the essential rules for a specific book?
Lets take the Ironjawz: Battle Pack for instance, does it contain all the warscroll battalions, scenarios and such, and just skips the fluff part? Or do I still gain something ruleswhise by buying the book?

I was thinking on this as I wan the book IRL for fluff and just to have on the shelf, but I want the essential rules in the app when I go play, but I don't want to buy the army book twice if I can help it.
>>
Had anybody shared the Sylvaneth or All Points ePubs yet?
>>
>>48292488
Gelt turning into an opportunist traitor was one of the few parts that made perfect sense.
>>
>>48292515
Just pirate them.
>>
>>48292515
It's going to be the battalions. The other scrolls are already in the app. Buy the book and get the fluff. It's better if you're popping your cherry.
>>
>>48292586

Is there someplace we can get the battalions in the Grand Alliance books? Those aren't even scanned as far as I know
>>
>>48292744
they are scanned, you can find an imgur album link in the pastebin
>>
File: 1465595285667.jpg (221 KB, 1190x754) Image search: [Google]
1465595285667.jpg
221 KB, 1190x754
So, I've been fiddling some more with the stormhost I plan on using for the summer campaign, and I've narrowed it down to two lists, both with the same overall theme.

----------------
Radiant Gallant rapid reaction force (Order allegiance; 2k pts)

Lord-Celestant (Reckless, Relic Blade) - 100
Liberators (5; swords&shields, grandsword) - 100
Liberators (5; hammers&shields, grandhammer) - 100
Decimators (5) - 200
Protectors (5) - 200
Judicators (5; crossbows, shockbolt) - 160
Judicators (5; crossbows, shockbolt) - 160
Skyborne Slayers - 140

Retributors (5; 2 starsouls) - 220
Retributors (5; 2 starsouls) - 220
Prosecutors (3; hammers&shields, grandhammer) - 100
Hammerstrike Force - 120

Knight-Venator (Phoenix Stone) - 120
Prosecutors (3; javelins&shield, trident) - 80

Pros: diverse arrangement of troops; still decent mobility after the teleport
Cons: need to build and paint 4 Retributors and 3 Prosecutors; Prosecutors vulnerable
----------------
or
----------------
Radiant Gallant rapid reaction force (Order allegiance; 2k pts)

Lord-Celestant (Reckless, Relic Blade) - 100
Liberators (10; swords&shields, grandswords) - 200
Liberators (10; hammers&shields, grandhammers) - 200
Decimators (5) - 200
Protectors (10) - 400
Judicators (10; crossbows, shockbolts) - 320
Judicators (10; crossbows, shockbolts) - 320
Skyborne Slayers - 140

Knight-Venator (Phoenix Stone) - 120

Pros: nearly everything one batallion; total battleshock immunity; large units
Cons: need to paint 10 basecoated Judicators; mostly anti-infantry
----------------

I am really uncertain which one to go for. I wish I hadn't dragged my feet and had already painted the lot.
Thematically and mechanically the two are fairly similar, but I suspect they'll require some fairly different playstyles.
>>
If things continue like this, order will win the campaign with no sweat. Do you think there will be some events were currently losing factions will get extra points for wins or something like that, to make it more exciting.
>>
So with all the hype and increased player base around my locals. Ive decided to get back into working on my hallowed knights

Speaking of which; WHEN DID MORE AUDIO BOOKS COME OUT?!

last thing i listened to was nagash detroying tarsus and manfred running away. Now there are 4 new cds?!
>>
>>48293017
Give it a week before making predictions.
>>
>>48293017
>local store has 4 people signed up so far
>all order
>>
These are the Chaos Leaders I have, which is best to lead my forces?
> Herald of Nurgle
> Herald of Tzeentch either disc or foot
> Daemon Prince
> Belly Kor
> Kairos
> Great Unclean One
>>
>order nearly 50% in all 3 cities

praise kroak
praise aelf thighs
>>
So is Abhorent easier to copywrite than Strigoi?
>>
File: rats.jpg (43 KB, 234x320) Image search: [Google]
rats.jpg
43 KB, 234x320
>>48293195
GAS THE LIZARDS

REALM WAR NOW
>>
Have these things changed any today? I don't actually see much difference from yesterday.
>>
>>48293245
It depends, the thing is with Strigoi the term is associated with other Intelectual Properties depicting roughly the same type of thing.

If you were to trademark the word Abhorent, specifically for that unit (with a very precise description of what it is), then it should be pretty simple.

Trademark laws are a bit easier to work with than Copyright in regards to this sort of thing as long as you're specific. Any word is fine (no matter how generic it may seem) as long as it's given a very precise definition.
>>
>>48293245
There's a comic and tv series that uses that word for it's vampires. And it's likely not the only one. So yes.
>>
>>48293324
Greywater Fastness had some gains on the sides of all sides expect chaos, who lost a good bit.
In the Living City Death gained a lot of traction for a while, but already lost most of it again.
Phoenicium had some Order/Chaos contention for a while (not to the point of actually threatening Order's dominance, mind you), but it seems to be back to the standard arrangement for the time being.
>>
>>48293298
daily reminder that the skinks get to enjoy milky aelf thighs while you're smelling archaon's farts
>>
>>48293393
Order holding, but getting worn down slowly, then, is the gist of it?
>>
File: 1456685820266.jpg (38 KB, 604x437) Image search: [Google]
1456685820266.jpg
38 KB, 604x437
>Go to LGS with army lists for beginners made in last thread by Anons
>Hello Mr. Seller, I would like to take a look at these warhammer miniatures so I could decide if I want to start playing this thing. Could you show me some stormcast eternal miniatures?
>Nope, we have only unpacked starter set - noone is buying or playing AoS here or anywhere within a radius of 50 km
>Oh my, but why? I heard it's pretty easy for beginners, without fuck-tone of rules and General's Handbook is coming...
>Yeah, but we don't like it here, GH is going to be a shit and this game will be dead in next half year
>B-but why?
>Because we don't like it and it's terrible
>So maybe start collecting for wh40k? I would like to play 500p games or kill teams
>Noone is playing low point games here, sorry m8. There are no people willing to play with 10 minis on table if they have armis of 500 for 5-6k of currency

Yeah, it was nice to have fun with AoS or 40k. I will try to ask about AoS group in other LGS but this one has the biggest WH community in my area so well - I tired
>>
File: 1376370302754.jpg (337 KB, 791x1187) Image search: [Google]
1376370302754.jpg
337 KB, 791x1187
>>48292586

>....and to have it on the shelf

You just don't get it do you?
Other than liking to have the books in the shelf of my hobby room, I do believe in supporting the hobbies that I like.

>>48292625

Ill get both, I just don't want to carry my book around when I go play. But I didn't want to buy 2 books (one real and one IRL).
In 40k they have something called "gamers edition" thats like a third of the price, no fuss and just the rules. I was mostly interested if it was the same?
>>
>>48293496
Fug, I mean unopened
>>
>>48292242
>how to add a blank page to pdf?

Seriously, how to add a blank page to pdf?

https://mega.nz/#!j1w2iLLA!a3XcDaBv1tYflf2Ixx_tVjk6g5zNA8dYZ_p4Cqf0xyU

How to paint Sylvaneth here.
>>
Which of this guy's banners is which?
>>
>>48293544
Thats the pennant
>>
>>48293544

Whichever you like is the one it should be.
>>
>>48291318
this pic is just so fucking perfect.
savved
>>
>>48292025
this, he beat a cabal of them around the time Nagash was still banished.

I loved the reveal that Krell wasn't a mindless automaton but was actually the guy in charge between he two.

Arkhan is based, he was even good in the shitty historical series about Nagash with his lo e of being free and keeping a throwing knife up his sleeve from his gambling days.

>>48292002
Did Vlad show up in the plague books? I recall that his descent into necromancy was essentially the result of seeing his brothers family all die.
>>
so I know there's been a lot of talk about how odd the StarDrake is and what it's actual function is, but what's the actual best way to run one? It's obviously a horde/elite unit Mulcher, should the rest of my list be balanced around having heavy hitters to take out monsters + support stuff?
>>
>>48293519
Thank you, much appreciated.
>>
>>48293701
he's not strong as any other 500 points monster. He hits hard-and can gulp entire enemies whole!-but not as hard as archaon or alarielle.
The thing he does, he shits every turn mortal wound on a lot of units on the battlefield, so he is really good at softening the enemy army before finishing them with a single charge.
>>
>>48293519
Hey, do you have any other books? Like, persay, this:
>>48292297
>>
>>48293671
Vlad gave him a chest containing copies of the nine books of Nagash.
>>
File: Sylvaneth spirit-of-durthu.jpg (894 KB, 1567x2000) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaneth spirit-of-durthu.jpg
894 KB, 1567x2000
>>48291318
Heartwood.

REMOVE NURGLE! PLAGUE SPAWN GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
PURGE ROTKIN, WAR OF LIFE NOW!!!
TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!
>>
>>48293739
Say I want one but feel the design is lacking, what would be the best route to convert?
>>
>>48293785
>translated for treeline
I! AAAAMM!! GRROOOOOOOOOT!
>>
>>48293789
Use Smaug?
>>
>>48293789
use some green stuff and change the position on the broken leg, and/or rotate the wings.
This little changes makes him SO better.
>>
>>48293902
>using a wyvern model
>>
>>48293923
Idea, use his wings on a carnosaur
>>
File: Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter.png (332 KB, 725x663) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter.png
332 KB, 725x663
>>48293902
Is the combination of Free Spirits, Household, and Forest Folk battalions good?
Because that's what I am planning on eventually getting for my Sylvaneth army.
Right now, I just have 3 Kurnoth Hunters, A Branchwytch and 16 Dryads.
>>
>>48293918
>>48293789

This

Rotate the wings and suddenly he's Album Cover Tier badass
>>
>>48294025
Didn't intend to reply to that post.
>>
>>48294030
Any pics?
>>
>>48293128
Any help?
>>
File: Goritsi_Box_NoFade.png (1 MB, 1296x776) Image search: [Google]
Goritsi_Box_NoFade.png
1 MB, 1296x776
Guys, I have a question; Would you guys play against somebody who used Pic related in their Vampire counts army? Its the Goritsi Starter box from wrath of kings, and for 30 dollars, USD, you get

2 Vampire Expies
14 Grave Guard/Necromancer/Vampires
8 Werewolves around the size of Vargheists
1 Werewolf the size of a Varghulf
1 Werewolf the size of a Crypt Haunter

This seems like a really kick ass deal; my only problem is that one, its not GW, and two, They look dangerously furry
>>
>>48294090

As long as they are painted at least two different colors IDGAF. Looks great to me, have fun.
>>
>>48294090
The game is a big cluster of fetishes.
Which is fine by me.
The game itself is pretty great, its only HUGE problem is that its dead.
Like, really dead.
And i don't suggest you to use them in Aos, the models are not in heroic scale and look completely different from anything from GW on the table.
It would just look different.
>>
>>48294090
It'd kinda bother me if you're doing it soley because its cheap. If you wanted to use them because you really loved the models, sure, but it doesn't seem that way.
>>
>>48293701
The Stardrake, regardless of rider, is basically meant to support the rest of the Chamber Extremis, i.e. your Dracothian Guard, all of which hit like a ton of bricks and are hella tough. Use the Stardrake to blunt enemy units that are about to be charged, dig out tarpitted units and troubleshoot where needed.
For example, don't be affraid to leave the drake in melee while the fulminators pull back for another charge. He's tough enough to last a while.
>>
>>48294090
I wouldn't mind, the werewolves look appealing enough and, provided they are painted, would look pretty decent on the table. That said, that unit of three monopose witches is no good. That would look awful by modern standards.
Also, for some reason I am getting major Warmahordes vibes from this set.
>>
File: 1468616156334827796314.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
1468616156334827796314.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>48294148
I think they fit fine enough with the scale. I've put them up with my GW and Mantic units, and so far, they look right at home, albeit a little different in style.

>>48294175
Well, its not just that; They are gorgeous models for the price, and are awesome looking to boot. I already own one of the leader Vampires as a solo, because I loved the mini so much. I bought it off a friend who was using the wardancers as a SoB conversion, and trust me, its lovely. I didn't know about the game itself till I started looking for a way to expand my AoS armies, but from everything I've sern, they are perfect.
>>48294133
Oh, I plan to definetly paint them. I wouldnt be caught dead playing with a half painted army

Pic related, its the Wardancer I painted, flanked by some Skele's. 3 down, 47 to go!
>>
facing orruks tomorrow, will bring sylvaneth (1500 points)

this is my list:

>gnarloot wargrove
>treelord ancient, +1 armor, ignores -1 rend
>branchwych, dunno about the artifact
>drycha
>5 tree revenants
>20 dryads
>6 kurnoth hunters with swords
which spells should I give to the wizards?
should I change anything?
how the fuck do I bring down the special hero on mawkrusha?
>>
>>48294321
Excuse the shitty face on the wardancer, im still trying to do touch ups on that.
She was one of my furst attempts at painting flesh, unfortunately. I intend to make amends with the new box
>>
Dudes, I love Dragons. I want to build a whole dragon themed army. Sadly, the only Battleline dragony units are Dragon Knights only if you're Ordo Draconis allegience, so no Extremis Chamber stuff, which kind of takes the wind out of the sails.
>>
>>48294025
why is every treeman have a stupid grin on its face, time to get the lumberjack
>>
File: Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter sword.png (296 KB, 512x666) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter sword.png
296 KB, 512x666
>>48294350
Because Sylvaneth=master race, and Big Wooden Cocks.
>>
>>48293768
ah, i'm only on the second book, but Vanhel was a necromancer before Vlads influence.
>>
>>48294340
>how the fuck do I bring down the special hero on mawkrusha?
You don't get charged.
Whatever you do, don't get charged by a mawcrusha.
Charge first or stay the hell outta it.
>>
>>48294396
since when is a plant a race last time i checked attention whore vegans/vegetarians eats them
>>
>>48294348

Just take two units of liberators and fill the rest with Dracothians and Star Drakes.

10% of your army will not be literally dragons, that's a pretty good percentage
>>
>>48294422
Sure, they get their whore mouths stuffed with BWC.
>>
>>48294321
I wouldn't care about you using them if you have taken the time to paint them and like them. But m8! The scale difference is seriously obvious in that photo!
>>
File: 1468616929514-130778787.jpg (5 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
1468616929514-130778787.jpg
5 MB, 4128x3096
Looky /AoS/! Guess what came in the mail today!
>>
>>48294454
To be fair though to him, things like bloodreavers are slightly scaled up from the old marauders.
>>
>>48294479
shit treemen
>>
>>48294479
Ogors or Orruks.
>>
File: 20160715_161131.jpg (4 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160715_161131.jpg
4 MB, 4128x3096
>>48294489
Guess again!
Although I was tempted by it...
>>
>>48294531
90% of players are bloody treehuggers
>>
>>48294479
>>48294531
Dragon dildoes.
>>
>>48294531
ORRUK BRUTES MY MAN?
>>
>>48294531
Ogors or Orruks. Again.
>>
>>48294480
Look at the vampires head compared to the skull of the skeletons...methinks her mommy had the zitka virus
>>
>>48294531
Always bet on Orruks.
>>
File: 20160715_161147.jpg (4 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160715_161147.jpg
4 MB, 4128x3096
>>48294531
>>48294564
>>48294568
>>48294581
>>48294582
>>48294622
Try again~
>>
Is it me or are the Chaos gifts and artifacts pretty meh compared to the other factions?
>>
>>48294728
>not orruks or dragon dildos
Why should I care?
>>
>>48294728
One of the Aelf groups. Or Sigmarines.
>>
>>48294728
Stormcast?
>>
>>48294728
Goblin King?
>>
>>48294728
Dracoth?
>>
>>48294728

Silver tower knight Questor
>>
>>48294603
To be fair, most of GW's skeletons are bigger than their humans. They are basically cartoons.
>>
>>48294771
I dunno.

>>48294773
Nope! Very close though!

>>48294859
Little small for that!

>>48294866
>>48294778
Nah, not the golden boys! But it is from the same set!
>>
>>48295049
>45 minutes of this so far
Just fuck off with your attention whoring.
>>
>>48294728
Mistweaver Saih
>>
File: 20160715_161203.jpg (4 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160715_161203.jpg
4 MB, 4128x3096
>>48295049
Oops! Forgot the pic!
>>
>>48295002
That's right, but still doesn't stop that model looking out of place with the skeletons
>>
File: 20160715_161303.jpg (4 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160715_161303.jpg
4 MB, 4128x3096
>>48295076
And we have a winner!
>>48295075
You've fallen for a illusionary bait!
>>
WAAAAAAGH!!!!
>>
>>48295110
>that Orruk smashing the giant spear into a treeman

GET FUCKED TREES
>>
Also fuck GW for making this beautiful two-pages images one with columns of text in all later battletomes and other books!
>>
File: Warhammer Dryad.png (1 MB, 843x694) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer Dryad.png
1 MB, 843x694
>>48295110
DIRTY GREENSKINS GET OUT OF MY FOREST!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48295097
True; but in a undead army, I think there is the excuse that you want your hero's to be indentifiable from the rest of the army. Besides, another problem with that mini is that she is stuck in a indented base, making her even shorter than nornal.
>>
>>48295164
I agree, but a vampire (or any hero) shouldn't be smaller or slenderer than a skeleton it just looks silly. But, just cus I feel that way and would never personally use one like that, I would never stop another person using the model they like, unless they were trying to claim it as something preposterous!
>>
File: 1465506548065.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1465506548065.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>48291205
> Unironically playing Age of Shitmar.
>>
That fucking Deff Ride rule is ridiculous. In a good way.

Oh, yeah, preorders up on NZ site. Do try to remember it's all in hakacash.
>>
File: D I S G U S T.jpg (16 KB, 296x394) Image search: [Google]
D I S G U S T.jpg
16 KB, 296x394
>>48295332
>Unironically thinking we care about your opinion dad.
>>
>>48295332
>Going out of your way to find people to try and insult instead of doing anything else with your time
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1023x662) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1023x662
>D3+3 damage against monsters
>plus D3 mortal wounds when they die
Damn. Is there now actually a unit in the game that can take down the mighty necrosphinx? Of course, they would need to catch it first.
>>
>>48295272
Oh, of course! Im not gonna claim that she's something big and beasty. I plan on running her as just a regular Vampire Lord, maaaaybe flying, equipped with a Cloak of Mist and Shadows. We mostly play using bases, not models, so its not too big a thing to have a wonky scale size. And as for lore, I could just fluff it as non Human Skeletons
>>
>>48295332
>baitposting /tg/ on a friday night
>>
What happened? Why is there ledgit hype over this? I thought this was going to be the death of GW and yet it seems like the community is rising like a god damn phoenix, I'm not upset, just baffled
>>
>>48295426
Wow, not too bad on the offense.

These fuckers are 100 points mind, not sure about that when they have a 6+
>>
File: sylvaneth tree revenant.jpg (589 KB, 1536x1420) Image search: [Google]
sylvaneth tree revenant.jpg
589 KB, 1536x1420
>>48295477
For me, it honestly was just "Dude, Trees, Lmao".
Or in non meme speak, the Sylvaneth models.
They are pure fucking sex, and lured me into AOS like a candle lures a moth.
>>
>>48291318
Dreadwood.
>>
>>48295477

The generals handbook was leaked and it turns out AoS is going to be the most balanced wargame GW has put out in a decade
>>
File: 2wounds.png (1 MB, 1120x724) Image search: [Google]
2wounds.png
1 MB, 1120x724
Fucking 2 wounds? Really? On basic fucking horde infantry?
>>
>>48295553
Excuse me what? Is this a prank? GW balanced, Age of fucking sigmar balanced? I... does not compute.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 325x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 325x396
>>48295477
The Sylvaneth models are just that good, especially the queen of thighs and I had over a year to be annoyed over the death of WHFB. It also seems to the the fantasy game that everyone plays in my town, so I'm just gonna go with the flow.
>>
>>48295556
>1 damage
>save 6
>no rend
>bravery 5
dude, another wound is the least they could get. Looks orchish enough to me.
>>
Bonesplittas pre-orders are on New Zealand site!
>>
File: 3wounds.png (1 MB, 1113x720) Image search: [Google]
3wounds.png
1 MB, 1113x720
>Three fucking wounds
>pile in twice, always
>>
>>48295556
>10 or more models
>Big stabba is now a separate unit
>My block of 10 Sorcs w/ a big stabba is no longer playable, as the 8 remaining orcs are undermanned
Thanks GW
>>
>>48295568

M8 I'm just as confused as you are, but seriously I think they saw what the community did with their own competitive systems and just took it from there.
>>
File: arrer.png (990 KB, 908x586) Image search: [Google]
arrer.png
990 KB, 908x586
>2 shots
>3 shots if enough dudes
>2 wounds
>100pts for ten orcs

>>48295580
If allegiance Bonesplitterz i's an unrendable save 6 as well as a 6++ against mortal wounds, though.
>>
File: MyWargamecom.jpg (73 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
MyWargamecom.jpg
73 KB, 600x802
>>48295477

I hated AoS... No, you don't get it, I HATED AoS... They robbed me of some of my best memories of youth with this game, and I hated GW for it.

And I was like "Who cares, its a kids game anyways... pfht.. not even using points". Then I met an old friend who I knew played Warhammer back in the day, and this dude started talking about AoS and that they had a group that played regularly. I went and watched, and was baffled as they where having some serious fun, and I wanted to hate them for it! Soon after I discovered the rumors about Generals Handbook, and not a day later, my old friend was texting me about the same, like "have you seen this? You wanted points back right? We are all super exited.. yada yada yada". And I didn't want to care... really, I didn't... but now I'm sitting at my desk painting my first Orruks... Fuck you GW!
>>
>>48295639
>If allegiance Bonesplitterz i's an unrendable save 6 as well as a 6++ against mortal wounds, though.
It's still a 6+. i mean, fluffy and cool, but really unreliable and almost useless.
>>48295615
for just 2 single orcs? I mean, an old single box of bonesplittaz is like 20 bucks and you get 16 orcs +2 big stabbas.
>>
>>48295701
You're right, I shouldn't be so harsh on GW - it's nice that they're supporting and updating their legacy ranges with stuff like this. I just hope we see some new gitmob soon.
>>
>>48295735
i have the same "problem"-plus, my orcs are all dedicated and heavily converted to Nurgle so now i have to buy another box for 2 fucking orcs and a bonestabba.
Oh well, an wbtire unit of bonestabbas looks so comicly badass its almost arousing.
>>
>>48295642
Yeah, I hated AoS, but somehow it just won me over in the last couple of months. It's also not like I need to buy GW minis to play it.
>>
>>48295793
I don't give a fuck about "mini correctness", and it's served me well. The sheer variety of units in the game means that subbing in "counts as" off-brand minis is pretty easy. Dwarfs in powered armor, for example, can be run using stormcast rules. Some of the hardcore GW crowd I play with don't like it, but I think a bit of mix-and-match and conversion is a huge part of the hobby! (Base sizes no longer mattering also makes off brand substitutions a million times more convenient)
>>
> Savage Orcs are all extremely killy to the extreme but made of paper because loincloths

This actually feels pretty ok.
>>
>>48295477
Want to know what's crazy? Frontline gaming is picking the game up and adding it to the ITC for global rankings.

They aren't doing that with 9th age or KoW.
>>
File: CE5Pgfc.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
CE5Pgfc.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>48295766
bonestabbas are so fucking retarded and yet so awesome
>>
>>48295908
Savage orruks: two wounds and a pseudo-6++
regular orruks: one wound and a regular 5+
They aren't stormcast or dorfs, but for cheap horde troops they are really durable.
>>
File: image.jpg (413 KB, 2368x2266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
413 KB, 2368x2266
Fuck chaos. Can't do anything right. I hereby begin the skaven seperatist movement!!! No longer will we be associated with those weak-fail blood-things, tit-things, fire-things and plague-things!
>>
File: image.jpg (557 KB, 2003x1277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
557 KB, 2003x1277
Is the bonesplitta release missing the savage warboss? Seems odd to leave him out.
Also, I have no idea what this guy is meant to do except be a mystic shield dispenser. Maybe the unique spells from the battletome will make him more interesting.
>>
>>48295984
Skexit
>>
>>48295984
SKEXIT 2016!!!
>>
>>48295984
But you also have plague-things, fire-things and blood-things. And you totally *should* have tit-things.
>>
>>48295984
Or you could switch to destruction, the real faction.
>>
>>48296075
We don't want rats.
>>
File: image.jpg (647 KB, 1998x1270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
647 KB, 1998x1270
Great spell on this dude. Easy to cast, high chance to get the better version, dead useful and rerolable in a pinch.
>>
File: Nagash.jpg (25 KB, 480x268) Image search: [Google]
Nagash.jpg
25 KB, 480x268
How goes the campaign in your corner of the battlefield /aosg/?

Nagash hit us hard in our corner of Greywater.
>>
>>48295793

This isn't true for me though. A part of me always missed fantasy, and I (a guy who was in on the WoW early Alpha) never had a problem with their new "cartoonish" look. In fact, I loved it. In my mind I always thought to myself "hey... if I didn't hate this game, and if I could play that model in a videogame, I would be FREAKING AWESOME!".

So yea, the models did a lot for this game to impress me. Further, I was pleasantly surprised that my vacation of various other games had left me a increase in quality when I purchased my first AoS models.
I'm also under the belief that a hobby is a luxury, meaning its not a necessity of life. Thus it should cost what the customer is willing to pay. And growing up during the "buy a little every month" era, I am accustom to not wanting 400 models in one batch, but rather spread my expenses with the simple use of a budget. And thus I also have time to paint my miniatures to the standard of my liking.
>>
>>48295556
>2 wounds
>bravery 5

Oh yes this pleases me
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 776x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 776x455
>>48295897
Yeah, I have always been a huge fan of proxy minis and I'm currently building Empire/Free Guilders out of historical minis and old 5'th-6'th edition minis that better match the historical scale.

>>48296258
Yeah, I miss the old setting too, but to me the WHFB setting had just been spinning its tires in the mud for at least a decade. It just felt too conservative after the Storm of Chaos thing and the fluff just felt less inspired over the years. So I was falling out with it anyway. The End Times also left a bad taste in my mouth as well and it has tainted my enjoyment of the setting.

As for the minis I'm a big fan or realistic and thoughtful design when it comes to wargear, so most of the Age of Sigmar minis don't appeal to me. However, the Sylvaneth is a bunch of cool tree people, so I don't have a problem with the way they look and I'm really getting into the mood of buying some later this autumn.
>>
>>48296539
If I get into it I'm probably grabbing a seraphon/sylvaneth joint force with lots if bright blossoms on the latter and colorfule feathers
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 199x253
>>48296387

>empire general on griffin flies in, kills 6 orruks
>makes the rest test on battleshock at 2d6
>GREEN SKINS GET OUT KAWWWWWREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48295639
Arrow boyz have the same ballistic skill as Shoota boys, hehe
>>
Stop making me want to start Age of Sigmar. I already purchased Betrayal at Calth and I don't need more plastic piles!
>>
>>48296539

Well, theres another thing about miniatures. It seems GW is now really pushing to make each and every team stand out (of new AoS releases that is). No more "average" down the line miniature that could be just about any type of elves, or any type of dwarf, or any type of human and so on.
They have a specific theme, like it or not (i kind of do, sort of what they gave HOMM in later days, for those of you familiar with that cpu game).

Don't get me wrong, I like the "mordheim era" of miniatures as well, and find great pleasure in taking inspiration from original sketches of blanche from time to time, when the setting is right. And for me, that setting just isn't right in AoS, its for a new audience, a new era so to speak. I run my grim-dark models when I play Mordheim, because frankly, thats where they truly fit!
>>
So what are the best allegiance command traits and artefacts for death?
I'm guessing ruler of the night & maybe red fury command traits, artefacts maybe cursed book, tomb blade and immortal ring?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 181x182
>>48296613
>foulrain congregation fire 3 shots each with 2+ to hit and wound, -2 rend, and with rerolled hits if at least one hits.
>2d6 damage per shot.
>orruks out
>chitter-squeak intensifies
>>
Well I'm sold on a seraphon sylvaneth alliance, what will make the best team both visually and aestheticly
>>
>>48296182
Good lord what region is this in
>>
So my brother found an old ogre battalion box, and he's been thinking of doing ogors for the low model count. It includes:

6 ogors
4 leadbelchers
6 ironguts

He consulted me about it and I figured it will make the perfect starter. He just has to make one of the leadbelchers into a tyrant (or I would advise making the 4th leadbelcher into an irongut and the extra irongut into a tyrant) using spare bits and some creative greenstuffing to make him imposing, and he has exactly 1000 points.

And the leadbelchers are battleline because he's keeping with the gutbusters.

The box is about $105, but he wont need to buy anything more to play games. So it's pretty exciting.

He will need some 40mm rounds though, but we can get those from a few cheap sources so no big deal there.
>>
>>48296820
Kent, UK, one of my local stores.
>>
>>48296872
Is that just the local store or the euro results as a whole
>>
>>48291205
How many points does the star collecting khorne deamons box come to?
>>
>>48296731
Oh yeah, I totally get that the game is for a new generation, but I'm still gonna collect the minis that are fun to me. Otherwise I would not be enjoying the hobby aspect at all.

I'm still putting my Empire/Free Guilder dudes on square bases so that I can use them for old Warhammer games and maybe Kings of War. It's just nice to have options.
>>
>>48296905
Just the local store, they're all leaning undead around here.

In general Order are still blazing everywhere though.
>>
How much a beer and pretzels game is it? I want something more than just smashing shit together in the middle, but not much.
>>
>>48296957
It's beer and pretzels and blowjobs.
>>
>>48296982
Explain
>>
>>48297007
The winner gets blowjobs. It's on page 5 of the core rules.
>>
>>48296771
Here's a thought:
>jormungandr (sotek-related constellation) in symbiosis with yggdrasil (the home-tree of your sylvaneth glade)
>common colours are the vibrant purples of the upper scales of lizards and the top of leaves, light grey for rocky weapons, deep blue with dots of white and maybe a luminous effect in adjacent surfaces for magically energized parts (lizards and sylvaneth innards, with starlight replacing blood and lymph, or underbelly and underside of leaves)
>more celestial turquoise for lizards, more green turquoise for trees; branches and scales can end up in creamy colors for further association
>yellow, white and deep blue for markings
>sneks on stuff
>>
>>48297032
Ugh, my short attentionspan always keeps me from getting past page 4.
>>
Been looking at the Start Collecting: Skeleton Horde box that contains Arkhan the Black. Does anyone know if the sprue has the option to build either Mannfred or Neferata instead? New guy so might be a dumb question, but I don't know how the sprues work.
>>
>>48291205

So, what do you guys think of the Night haunt army? They look like a pretty fun and solid list.

I'm interested in the mourngul, but I can't find the point value for it.
>>
>>48297212
Yes. All of those boxes have all options for the kits
>>
>>48297287
Perfect. Thanks!
>>
Sup /tg/.

Some people may already know my list, I'm currently buying and painting it slowly. Need some help/advices though.

This is my 1.5k list (playing with 2+ battleline with my friend)

Heroes
Herald of Tzeentch on Foot 120
Lord on Daemonic Mount 140
Bloab Rotspawned 260
Bloodstoker 80

Battleline
Horrors of Tzeentch 140
Horrors of Tzeentch 140

Misc
Burning chariot 160
Burning chariot 160
Gorebeast chariot X3 300

What battleline / units would you add for a solid 2k army? I'm thinking mighty Skullcrushers, but dunno if I want more horrors. Stuff that synergies with my list is things that can wound in multi phases and fast stuff. Was thinking Daemonettes but they are expensive for a good solid unit and also don't really wound in multi phases.
>>
>>48297228
Mournghuls are FW - FW points will be provided separate
>>
>>48297408

Alright, cool. Any guess at how much they will be? Some people at the shop guessed around 350-90.

Also, are there any rumors that the Night haunt list will be expanded?
>>
>>48297444
Considering how broken they are, at least 500 IMO
>>
>>48297389
>Chaos god mixing
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>48297473

Is he really as good as something of equal points? Like a Drakesworn Templar?

He incredibly nasty in close combat, but most other units of that point value you have an amazing support role on top of that.
>>
>>48295639
Dakka dakka dakka
>>
Posted a FEC list yesterday but made some changes, thoughts on this list? 2000pts.

HEROES
Abhorrant Ghoul King (100)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Vampire Lord (140)
- Flying Horror
Necromancer (120)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
UNITS
Crypt Ghouls x 20 (200)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Dire Wolves x 5 (60)
Dire Wolves x 5 (60)
Crypt Ghouls x 20 (200)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
MONSTERS
Terrorgheist (320)
FORMATIONS
Abattoir (60)
>>
>>48297784

>equal to a drakesworn Templar

Easily
>>
>>48297883
Put the Ghoul King on the terrorgiest. The d3 regen and unique spell is pretty nice.

Consider mashing those units of Ghouls together so you can have a 30 and 20 unit in the Abattoir formation.

I'm not sure how I feel about the dire wolves. That could be a second Crypt Haunter or second Ghoul King/Terrorgeist king upgrade.

Consider combining the two Crypt Horror units into one.
>>
>>48297962
My problem is meeting battleline requirements, so I need three units of ghouls basically. I also can only have max 6 heroes. The spell for ghoul king on terrorgheist seems a bit redundant considering I get the same ability for my allegiance bonus, but I'll consider putting him on there and giving him red fury command trait I guess
>>
>>48297962
also not sure if you're thinking of a different formation, but abattoir requires two crypt horror units and only has one crypt ghoul unit
>>
>>48296905
Uk isn't part of the Euro city.

Europe has it's own, UK+Rest of the world, and US/Canada.
>>
>>48298163
You can double his spell AND your allegiance ability, which is why its so good.

And consider taking a single pack on zombies instead of a dire wolf squad. With the ghoul put on the terrorgeist, you should be good to go.

Also, with the way its worded, you may be able to model a Vampire Lord to ride on a mount and have wings at the same time. Just something to consider if you want to squeeze as much power as you can.
>>
>>48298931
Wait, so for every wound I get to roll twice to see if its negated if I have battle trait + spell off?
>>
>>48299018
Yuuuup. It's why mass Cauldrons of Blood are a thing.
>>
>>48292351
That part in Khaine just before he jumps into the flame was GOAT but yeah the rest was weird.
And thanquol and archaon were stupidly grim dark, past the point of sense
>>
>>48299143
>And thanquol and archaon were stupidly grim dark, past the point of sense

It was the end of the world, what did you expect?
>>
>>48296824
That's pretty good, I hadn't thought about that
>>
How many points would the start collecting Khorne daemons box come out to if I converted the herald on foot and built the skull cannon?
>>
>>48299414
520 if you ran the herald aas bloodmaster. There aren't generic heralds for some reason
>>
>>48299489
Bloodmasters and Skullmasters are heralds, just new names. They're not unique or named characters or anything, just rebranding.
>>
>>48299489
It's also worth noting that the SC box may not give you enough battleline grunts since the bloodcrushers aren't battleline unless your general is skullmaster
>>
>>48299414
100 points of Bloodletters
180 points for the cannon
160 for the Blood Crushers
A Bloodmaster is 80

I think the herald on foot sucks. Put the bloodthrone big demon head on one of the crushers, and call it a skull master (100pts), way better. You're short one crusher, but they're like 20 bucks for a single model on ebay. If you don't wanna go that route, I tried basing the bloodthrone guy on foot, and his stance is hella weird.
>>
>>48299509
I play destruction so I wouldn't know. I just have the PDFs of all the points for all units and figured I may as well help out
>>
>>48299559
Convert it so it's surfing a tidal wave of gore
>>
>>48299559
I'd also recommend trying to get a bloodthirster since they have a command ability
Does anyone know if Daemon princes have special rules to make them not shatter your alignment or no?
>>
File: 1363737600187.jpg (45 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1363737600187.jpg
45 KB, 500x373
>Just got his models of Orders of the Empire.
>Downloaded the point system
>Nothing.

Fuck, I wanted to field them too. Dunno what I could proxy them as.
>>
Does anyone have a link to the imgur post with all the grand alliance order faction fluff
>>
>>48299780
Nevermind, found it. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>48299788
I'm curious about the daughters of khaine fluff
>>
How's this sound so far? 1360 points. I'm not looking for something super powerful or WAAC, but just to field something cool. Gonna call them the Sons of Wulfric. They come from the Realm of Ice and Snow, the Lands of Midheim. They're sort of a cult, albeit devotees of Sigmar, they believe in the Wolf God. Possibly paint them in the old Middenheim colors.
HEROES
Freeguild General (100)
Lord Celestant (100)
UNITS
Freeguild Guard (80)
-Pikes/Halberds
Freeguild Greatswords (160)
Freeguild Handgunners (100)
Empire Knights (140)
Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
Protectors (200)
Liberators (100)
Judicators (160)
ARTILLERY
Helblaster Volley Gun (120)
>>
A little help here, does a general's command ability also effect themselves? Could they choose themselves as the target of their command ability?
>>
>>48300066

Should work fine. If you're going to make your general the Free Guild general, then I would switch the Celestant for a Castellant
>>
>>48300066
Hey, I actually have a suggestion for tgis: Why not have the Lord Celestant be Ulric reincarnated? Same thing with them as the Daughters of Khaine, execpt this time, the wolf god somehow came back as well.
>>
>>48300110
depends on the wording. what command ability are you referring to?
>>
>>48300218

The command abilities in the Bloodthirster types.
>>
Should I get a stegadon or a bastiladon? I was told the only good one is the bassie.
>>
>>48300257
I always assumed that since it doesn't say "Other" It hits him too. I mean, he's within 8in of himself, right?
>>
>>48300325
Bastiladon's damn near unkillable. hopefully the new savage orruks have an easier time cracking those turtles though
>>
File: Yes it does.png (25 KB, 425x150) Image search: [Google]
Yes it does.png
25 KB, 425x150
>>48300110
Take a look at the errata on the website, it answers a few of these confusing questions.
>>
>>48291313
If you mean slaughterbrute, roughtly the same size.
>>
File: 20160715_223633.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160715_223633.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Posting my orruk wip
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468643318839.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468643318839.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Hulk pants hurr
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.