[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
How do you make forest generation as interesting as dungeon generation?
>>
Random encounters from all other biomes.
>>
Ah ah AH AH ah
>>
Apart from many "rooms" lacking walls and ceiling, it'd appear to be much the same.
>>
File: ruhoy battles the LEGS.png (77 KB, 1646x950) Image search: [Google]
ruhoy battles the LEGS.png
77 KB, 1646x950
>>48288727
Put a SEXY WITCH in it that will fix your cursed equipment if you pay her in JEWELRY or SEMEN!

Put UNHOLY DEMONESSES in it who will PEE IN YOUR MOUTH if you get too thirsty, but they'll also step on your butt!

TENTACLE VINE BOSS!

FAIRIES THAT INCREASE PREGNANCY RATE BY 10%!

GIANT BEES THAT STING YOU AND YOU BECOME PREGNANT WITH A FULL-GROWN MINOTAUR!
>>
>>48288727
If you have any woods nearby, take a notepad and pencil and walk around for a bit, and note the strange shit you come across. Near my house:

>an abandoned coal mine from the 19th century
>a bicycle with a tree growing around it
>the foundation of a home from around the '30s covered in moss

all of which have a creepy vibe when you first run into them.
>>
File: 1341802419483.jpg (57 KB, 467x699) Image search: [Google]
1341802419483.jpg
57 KB, 467x699
>>48288770

>everyone in the party gets stung by magical relm bees
>after one horrible night of multiple childbirths and lots of cure major wounds potions
>now every party member has a full grown hugestronk bull man that follows and protects them

wew lads
>>
Have a really, really good mapping system. I mean great.

Stock it with terrain types. Cliffs, creeks, rivers, thick undergrowth, treeline, dense forest, hills, swampy ground, clearings, rocky ground, small caves, crevasse. Each should slightly change movement and each should have a slightly different encounter chance/types.

Track food and water. Create the requirement to either hunt/fish/forage or require the party to expend magical resources. They'll especially need to refill water frequently.

Make liberal usage of minor poisons/diseases. Most plants/animals don't calibrate their toxicity for murder but for severe irritation. A PC who finds out that the blue grape things cause an evening's vomiting and an exhaustion level isn't going to eat them again. And probably insist it's somebody else's turn to taste-test.

And finally accept that this is the Ranger/Druid/Nature Cleric's time to shine. Favored terrain bonuses, Goodberry, and Create Food and Water are *supposed* to make certain problems trivial. Your party can either spend magic resources or time, effort, and risk. That's how it's supposed to work.
>>
>>48288770
You forgot the piss trees.
>>
>>48288727
>How do you make forest generation as interesting as dungeon generation?

"This lasgun doesnt place you at the top of the food chain, it just gives you a chance not to be at the bottom."
>>
>>48288770
Did CoC have an update or something?
>>
>>48291447
He's quoting some table from FATAL.
>>
File: yallneedit.png (624 KB, 1913x953) Image search: [Google]
yallneedit.png
624 KB, 1913x953
>>48290905
>>48291447
>>48292459
Y'all need some Trap Quest in your lives!

Don't get fired clicking on the spoiler, Anon!
>>
>>48293158
Link?
>>
>>48296156
literally trapquest DOT com. It runs slower than thick pearly cum down the crack of my ass, though.
>>
>>48293158
>Called trap quest
>Actually disgusting tf tranny shit
Just kill me lad
>>
>>48288727
Traps. Devious ones. Designed by pissed-off Druids.

EVERYWHERE.
>>
Who built the forest?
>>
>>48288727
Mist/Fog, to be honest. Have the players trapped in fog trying to find their way as they hear ominous noises around them, like things running around or a low growling or swords being drawn.
>>
>>48296156
Imagine being eaten by a paper shredder.

Not an industrial sized monster, one of those shitty desk trash can ones that your uncle fed his phone bill into.

Now imagine it was run off of C sized batteries.

Imagine the time it would take to finally reach your head.

This game takes longer than than to even get up and moving. You will literally beat your dick to death on any other game or even masturbating to dry wall before you find something worth getting stiff about in that game.
>>
FUCKING BUMP
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.