[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to confess your sins and reveal your secret shames from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
Time to confess your sins and reveal your secret shames from tabletops.

I'll start with one of mine.
I used someone's ERP character for a villain in my last campaign. Totally unchanged.
>>
Rifts is my favorite game
>>
Okay, op, you've got to explain that shit. How did that even work?
>>
File: 1395331.png (938 KB, 550x869) Image search: [Google]
1395331.png
938 KB, 550x869
>>48288642
There was this f-list profile I found in /tg/ back when it had ERP threads. Someone linked this evil empress villain profile, and for some reason it really spoke to me. So I just straight up stole the character and used her as a villain.

I did, however, leave out the part where she had a dick. At least, explicitly. Not like the players ever fucked her.
>>
I make endless amounts of character sheets, new world's and campaigns but have never played an rpg in my life due to crippling shyness.
>>
I cheat, constantly. I fudge dice rolls, I cheat prerequisites, and I always round up when averaging HP "rolls" for new levels. I don't always record my spending when I buy stuff for my characters. I only do this for roleplaying games.

In tabletop games, I always play strictly by the rules.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1024x749
>>48288678
Of course, you need to be subtle about these things.
>>
File: tumblr_o2zl1hqn611rs7keco1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2zl1hqn611rs7keco1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x400
I think I like world-building more than actually running games.
>>
>>48288695
I think everyone spends more time doing this then they'd admit. I've got an entire notebook filled with characters for a game I basically ran for myself.
>>
I like world building to the point that I'd rather railroad my party than face the unknown.
>>
I once GMed a game while drinking.
noone even picked up on this.
>>
>>48288935
Is drinking not standard GM behavior?
>>
>>48288942
This. I keep a flask of liquid creativity ready just for GMing.
>>
File: Hi.png (25 KB, 175x123) Image search: [Google]
Hi.png
25 KB, 175x123
>>48288678
I'm glad I inspired you.
>>
I make a bunch of plot hooks and then tie whatever hook they pick up on back to my railroad plot. Illusion of choice, fuckers.
>>
Every female character i make has a dick and is an aggressive lesbian.
No one has really questioned it yet beyond why i always make them aggressive and i say i just like my women that way and i personally can't convincingly RP a shy or quiet type of woman and i'd rather go around banging chicks than dudes which most just nod sagely at.
The only time shit went off was when someone questioned how one of the current harem members i kept got pregnant and i had to bullshit some crap about occasionally one of them wants an actual dicking. I never mention the fact i'm the one dicking and we just bring in nu-male types for humiliation shenanigans.
Oddly enough only one GM so far has ever had an issue with it as it usually never gets that far and he actually let me fluff my all female burgeoning knight based noble family as a result of some "curse" thats genetic and left it at that. It wasn't even an ERP game.
I apologize for nothing.
>>
File: 1397145124737.jpg (49 KB, 467x413) Image search: [Google]
1397145124737.jpg
49 KB, 467x413
>>48289026
We have similar tastes.
>>
I enjoyed D&D 4E
>>
>>48289066
There is literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
I do close to no prep before the first session, no world-building, no character creation... After the first session I still keep the prep to a minimum.
I have the unpopular tendency to just go with improvising, people who do a lot of world building are better off writing a novel.

I also think Dungeon World is a very good game just because of this. I have little experience with other games.

I have sinned against the hive-mind that is /tg/.
>>
>>48289072
I dig the wbuilding and can't help but have some ideas beforehand, but there's nothing wrong with your way anon
Actually I'd like to go fully unprepared once and see what happens
>>
I have tried to force tpks at least two times. I knew it was bad but I didn't know any other way to push the story forward.

I want to thank my players for being stupidly stubborn and not give up even when there seems to be no hope. They have managed to survive with minimal losses.
>>
>>48289124
Thanks brah, I know my way works for me, but most people are more comfortable with more prep.
I do suspect hard-core world builders would rather like to make Skyrim-style video games and straight up railroaders would rather just write stories or movies. But there's no real evidence for that suspicion.
>>
>>48288582
I always pick a "victim" when I GM.

I will relentlessly bully them throughout the entire campaign. Nothing will ever go their way so long as I can control them.
>>
>>48289260
Why?
>>
>>48288678
I wonder why the ERP threads were cast out of /tg/. Not like they were lowering the prices of the neighbourhood, quests still existed. And the threads were all as blue as any other thread.
>>
>>48289283
It's probably the only way he can get an erection
>>
>>48289283
Because i can and because i want to.
>>
I only do intrigue and propaganda.
I couldn't care less about the plot.
Combat is the most boring and tedious part of rpgs, esp in dnd and its derivatives. I'd rather just play x wing.
>>
>>48289285
Violence and murder = okay
Sexual content = not okay
Welcome to western ideologies
>>
>>48289285
Because the hurt feelings brigade couldn't handle people having unapproved fun. Nothing more.

Literally the feelings of a professionally offended minority were considered more important than harmless conversations.
>>
I was going to say this >>48289289 is a silly notion and anon probably has his reasons, but then >>48289293
>>
Every time I create a character, I ask myself what their perversion is.

My latest character was a rogue who was really, really eager to get into her adopted sister's pants.
>>
>>48289310
>>48289317
A pity the threads died in the cold wastes of /soc/
>>
>>48289363
It's on /d/
>>
>>48289372
That's /wsg/ you're thinking of, not the erp threads.
>>
>>48289372
I thought it was on /aco/?
>>
>>48289363
Nah. We went to another chan and brought those we thought appropriate with us.
>>
>>48289026
how does this happen in games
>>
Im running a One Player - One DM game for a friend of mine that is realistic/low magic/ narrativist for the sake of story and setting building.

He has no idea that I have never rolled a single die for this game. This lie will continue until his character dies/story ends
>>
>>48289391
I play female characters of all classes like alpha males, i actively hit on female NPC's, fade to black, new addition to harem(if i'm keeping one) comes with us when we leave and the group gets a new maid. Unless its specifically an ERP game in which i'll see if the GM will keep that shit secret until the penultimate moment cause i like messing with people.
If you're asking about the noble house i quickly had several daughters who i routinely tried to marry off to other noblemans daughters and around 3 session later someone finally asked how i had daughters at all considering i married a princess and kept only female servants on hand. GM panicked and said "its a genetic curse on anon's side of the bloodline." And everyone just kind of nodded and said okay.
>>
I'm not the greatest DM but have been stuck as a forever DM for years. Recently one of my players has decided to take up the mantle of DMing and he is pretty awful at it in my opinion but I am hesitant to criticize him too much because he may just give up on DMing entirely (which he did last time I told him things weren't working well) and I'm enjoying just being a player for once.
>>
>>48289156
It seems logical anon. Plus I am entirely too guilty of this myself. World and the game system are just too much fun, and hate when I write this incredible emotionally deep character just to have my players give one word answers or just not fucking respond to dialogue. Infuriating.
>>
>>48289283

Because some people are so sad that they need to use GMimg as a way to feel power over others, usually as a result of feeling powerless over their own lives.
>>
I don't really care about combat and do as little as possible when prepping for it.

I will force scenes to match background music or music I'm currently listening out of game, which can create memorable but jarring changes of tone in games.

If a game I actually get to play in crumbles, I will import expies of the character I was playing into another game I'm running as a prominent npc.

Most of my characters are inadvertently 'waifuable,' but I don't intentionally make this happen and think most of them are raging bitches.

>>48289072
Wbuilding helps me as a framework, but I change it constantly to match my players actions and is never set in stone until it matters or has come up.
>>
>>48289546
Hi drew I agree and I liked your dming
>>
I have sex with my wife on the gametable. I don't even wash it afterwards.
>>
>>48288935
I once GMed a game sober.
>>
>>48288582
I've used my character from a WoW ERP as a quest giver and patron for the PCs, completely unchanged except for the fact that his weird slave thing was never mentioned. He actually turned out to be pretty well liked, because he didn't try to hide the fact that he was using the PCs as pawns in an elaborate game.
>>
I struggle with GMing combat and dungeon delves.
>>
>>48289645
you're abhorrent
>>
>>48289645
>tfw

I have gm'd a game blackout drunk, as well as play in a game blackout drunk.
>>
>>48289643
Thanks, you've finally helped me discover a perk of playing with neckbeard virgins.
>>
>>48289826
Not bragging here but i've done much the same and i've met others that have done it as well.
I've come to the conclusion, at least in my case and i suspect its much the same in others, that gaming tables are invariable JUST the right size, height, and stability for that sort of activity.
It's why I don't do that on the dinner table as its just a bit too high and it one of those extenders so i fear it would snap in half or something.
>>
One of my characters interactions with another PC almost turned into attempted /ss/, completely unintentionally.
>>
File: its gonna be okay.png (85 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
its gonna be okay.png
85 KB, 500x425
>>
File: shame cube.gif (3 MB, 320x227) Image search: [Google]
shame cube.gif
3 MB, 320x227
I've been settled into a regular online gaming community for years. Maybe 10 rotating regular players, various games rising and falling, two-three concurrently running a week. Great friends, many keks are had over the IRC room, personal dramas shared, all that --

I don't give a fuck.

I put on a charade and perform the minimum required inputs to remain in 'the loop'. These people are abhorrent to me, but they believe we are friends. I've just been using them for co-players running on half a decade. Because they're solid, they have gamer etiquette. They show up to every game, they roleplay, they maintain independent system mastery, etc, whatever.

There've been dozens of situations where I just kind of awkwardly entertain the notion like I can't stand these cringey clowns out of game and that we're chums, that I'm not just using them to populate my hobby with better-vetted-than-PUG bodies. I actually really hate several of them, but you know, the integrity of a favorite pastime has always taken priority.
>>
Every world I have ever gmed in is in the sane cosmology and my players have no idea.

That may not be a sin, but the fact a galactic and planar disaster of apocalyptic proportions is on the way, and will kill literally every character they have ever made in the single greatest TPK I or they will ever witness.

The best part? They actually have a chance to stop it in every game, they just have to explore the various subtle hints I throw in every game.

But, I also know they frequent tg. That's right fuckers, maybe I'm your GM, maybe that ultimate TPK is coming for you. Or maybe not. Eyes to the skies gentleman, eyes to the skies
>>
>>48288942
I can't because I tend to fall asleep hugging anything nearby while drunk
>>
File: image.gif (779 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
779 KB, 400x225
>>48290105
That's kind of cute anon.
>>
File: worriedlaughter.gif (3 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
worriedlaughter.gif
3 MB, 540x300
>>48290098
For posting in the shame thread you seem pretty proud.

Good job.
>>
>>48289384
I saw one in /trash/ some time before
Don't ask why I was here
>>
>>48288903
I wish I knew how to run games for myself.
>>
I hate this fucking hobby but I am too lazy to get another.
>>
>>48290121
No it isn't, I go to a party, get some alcohol and end up falling asleep just before I hit drunk and hogging the sofa hugging pillows.
>>
>>48290121
Different anon here. It's not, it's really not. As someone who has to deal with a similar case very often i can safely say its a pain in others asses and generally embrassing to everyone involved.
It's gotten to the point i actually had a buddy from california send me a sandbox tree trunk and now he gets to hug that and think about his drinking habit for the week or so afterwords.
>>
>>48290278
This guy's right it's a pain in the ass, fortunately I only get drunk enough for that twice a year at most and I blame my uncle for that.

Most of the time I just have one beer and stop because I do not want to fall asleep anywhere that's not home or a relative's house.
>>
I like playing 3.5 and Pathfinder because it boasts near never ending character customization.
>>
Every time I play a game I will get bored of my character, be dissatisfied with how I designed them, or something else to that effect. End result is that I try to get them killed through exceedingly stupid decisions. Provided it hasn't been too soon since last time I'd done it.
>>
>>48290340
That's right, 3pf would be astonishingly good if all options were equally good
>>
My characters aren't really far from self-inserts
>>
My characters are one note jokes. Like I have an NPC who only exists to piss the PC's off. He's a good guy, nominally on their side but he's also there to just make them angry.

He's a complete dick who is better than them in every way. Why? Because it makes them angry.
>>
>>48288883
Write a book then, fucko.
>>
>>48290329
>>48290227
Reality and fantasy are always different, grass is always greener.

I was picturing anon hosting a comfy session before falling asleep hugging his gm screen. I also have an opposite reaction and get wired when drinking.
>>
>>48289072
I just wish heavy improvisers would stop gloating about their laziness.
>>
>>48289928
Yet another reason to play online.
>>
File: madoka_religion.jpg (157 KB, 782x1246) Image search: [Google]
madoka_religion.jpg
157 KB, 782x1246
>>48288582

It is time to confess a most heinous sin.

I was GMing an ERP and one player didn't want to do the E in ERP so I made his character get raped via aphrodisiac tea.
>>
>>48290527
Why did he join ERP in first place?
>>
>>48290527
don't do that
>>
>>48290463
See that'd be fine and kinda funny, exactly because that shits comfy experience for drunks. Now when its shit like the only couch, you, a cactus, maybe you wake up and its a TV he just happened to see before passing out. Then it becomes pain in the ass tier. Sadly most aren't comfy drunks.
>>
File: ggnore.png (168 KB, 388x339) Image search: [Google]
ggnore.png
168 KB, 388x339
>>48290036
I've experienced something similar to this, like in the workplace for example. Best thing you can do is try to detach your emotions to these persons and control your reactions to the stupid shit they do. Just remember nothing they say or do matters, they won't do nothing much with their lives anyways. After that you won't even care when they fail in live and kill themselves, trust me you won't feel anything.
>>
>>48290551
Why not? He was there for an ERP session then said "no, fuck you." To everyone there. At that point just leave, don't bring the table down with your petty ass.
>>
My biggest shame?... Oh boy, whenever I make a female character she's always this bookish intellectual brunette whose usually a mage, sometimes a cleric, and I'm wondering if that's my ideal woman. Always feel a little awkward RPing as a woman, so when I can I just roll up a Barbarian HE-MAN or some kind of frontiersmen.

My other regret, having all the women in my stories well endowed and having a Elf as the main villain every time.
>>
>>48290459
I like writing systems more than running games. What do?
Not that anon
>>
I love breaking my players. Not in combat, I stomp on their hopes and dreams by throwing as much shit at them as I can outside of combat. I get them to as many extreme situations as much as I can and when they think that they reached safety or will finally catch a break I throw some more shit on them.
It's a blizzard, you don't have food or equipment but you finally arrived to some village or town? Too bad, it was raided by orcs, better GTFO out of there because they might still be in that area. Looks like there will be another few days of traveling through frozen hell for you.
>>
>>48290609
Was this ERP part of a bigger game that was not mainly ERP? Because it doesn't sound like he just created a character that whoopdy bop got suddenly raped?

Because seriously, holding an ERP mid-game when one player explicitly doesn't want it sounds a lot like a That GM business.

How much was this ERP session discussed about? Did you ask your players' opinions about it beforehand?
>>
>>48288582
>tfw you can do that with yyour own and nobody would notice
Who here /evildragon/?
>>
>>48290754
I wouldn't know. I figured anon meant it was an ERP game not an ERP moment.
>>
>>48290467
But it's so easy to gloat, you could even argue it's justified. I'm a good GM despite prepping so little, and heavy preppers spend so much time on shit they'll never play.
It feels like I've won on every level!
>>
>>48290527
I seemingly tagged the wrong anon before.
See >>48290754
>>
File: OSR Dungeon Crawl.png (19 KB, 470x400) Image search: [Google]
OSR Dungeon Crawl.png
19 KB, 470x400
I'm extremely passive with a heaping helping of self-doubt. The last few time we were supposed to have sessions everyone seemed to forget about them and I felt that if I asked them to join I'd just be bothering them. This has killed several games of mine and I wish I could be a little more assertive.
>>
>>48288883
>I think I'm everyone on /tg/
>>
>>48288582
The number of times I've wanted to tell a player how they 'should' play is insane. Sometimes it can be really hard to not blow up at someone for playing a gimmick character, or playing a character who does nothing but follow the party until combat starts.
I've tried to write a novel before, but I don't get the same psychological feedback as I do when I'm DMing.
What I wouldn't give to be part of a decent ERP campaign, just for the experience.
>>
I used to think Dungeon World was a good game.
>>
>>48291143
>when you want to tell the GM he's playing an npc because of how they've been characterized before
>when a player does something so blatantly out of character you stop the game to tell them no

I know your pain
>>
File: suzuki_sixmantag.jpg (55 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
suzuki_sixmantag.jpg
55 KB, 400x533
I have no idea what I'm doing.

I think the players are getting suspicious.

Please send help.
>>
I always play the character archetype, half because I always have to be the team leader or else nothing gets done, and half because the only campaigns I ever finished were online, and that group had to break up at least temporarily because of college and grad school stuff.

>>48289359
I'm also somewhat guilty of this one. Less for the fetishy aspect, more because I like to go super in depth with my characterization, and their kinks are a part of that. It only ever came up once, and I don't think people really noticed.
>>
>>48290741
Similar to this, I love escalating situations to bizarre proportions. Just subtly things get worse and worse.

That guy you beat the shit out of in that inn? He was the son of the local lord and now they've framed you for raiding a nearby village and butchering its inhabitants (that his militia actually is responsible for).

Wait you actually beat those kings guard sent to take you in? Oh shit that was the Kings brother. Now you're really in for it.

>4 sessions later

Remember that deal you had to make with the devil to lift the curse slowly starving all of you? Well he's come to collect, but instead he hands you a magic sword and tells you to go kill his rival demon lord. Boy I wonder what's gonna happen next.
>>
>>48290600

That sounds like awful and unhealthy advice.
>>
>>48290497
My gf and I will fuck sometimes during a game that we're playing or one that I'm running online.
>>
>>48291820
Different anon. Thats how you deal with depression, anon. That's the "cure". Pills only do so much and sometimes thats enough but for most people, 93% of depression sufferers and you can google that number to confirm it, it's nowhere near enough and never will be. So you learn to cope and make mental defenses to dull the edge as much as possible.
>>
>>48290188
everyone's a /trash/can whether they know it or not
>>
>>48291898
thats not how you deal with depression
thats a very unhealthy and counterproductive way to deal with depression

get a therapist
>>
I reciptrocated/accepted a furry relationship because it would actually greatly benefit my character.

I don't think the DM was a furry either, since it was a one time thing which in context made sense. Still, it felt like a little dip into magical realm.
>>
>>48288582
I got into an arms race with my group's crunch experts after they kept trivializing my encounters.

I lost.
>>
>>48289021
This is a good way to run a game honestly. They get all the feeling of freedom a loosely plotted game gives along with the flow and quality of a railroad game. As long as your players don't see through the illusion, you're golden.
>>
>>48289066
Its a great game. Its just not a great role-playing game.
>>
>>48291898
Go outside. Get some exercise. Eat a healthy diet. Go to bed at a decent hour.

It's not a cure-all, but it'll make your body feel a lot better, and not constantly dwelling on all those little aches and pains will do wonders for your psyche.
>>
>>48291977
I've had 20. Each one said i needed more help than the next till i saw a regional expert on it. He helped me reach a way of dealing with it since medications either have no effect on me or make things worse. One of them was just learning how to cope with things as they were since not everything will be rainbows and sunshine all day everyday and never will be, thats just how life is, and one of those ways was just learning to shut most everything out and withdrawing myself just enough to keep the world at arms reach but still take in info. Beyond that was learning to not care what others felt about me in any way shape or form which was actually intensely liberating.
>>
>>48289021
>tfw you do the same
>But there is no plot
WHEN YOU WHERE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WHERE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THERE WAS A RAILROAD?!
>>
>>48292145
Well i already do this to stave off pain from childhood sickness though the only thing that will erase that level of ache is opoids and i refuse to touch that on principle and since medications have always caused more harm and never any good for me though thats down to how i metabolism them from damaged liver and kidneys.
>>
I feel desire to butcher npcs even though my character is Good.

I am in conflict with the concept of getting rewards for the vows in the book of exalted deeds. However, I just realized that the relationship (i.e. Was the vow taken with full knowledge of the rewards or did the rewards come from a sincere vow that realised the strength that came form it?) is based on the cosmology of the game.

I constantly assume that if I am playing D&D then the GM is using the D&D cosmology and give high wisdom to my characters to justify metagaming towards the functioning of power within D&D.

I don't want to ask questions about a GM'S cosmology because I feel as if that if I ask them they will feel as if they were gods teaching mortals about themselves even though I am a player and not an npc within their world.

I just realised I am afraid that my GM sees my character as an NPC and not a player. Furthermore, my character IS an npc within the game as well which makes me freak out at the idea that I am just following a GIGANTIC railroad towards what my GM wants my character to be rather than what I think he should be.

I feel like the wisdom I'm trying to show within D&D is an analogy to how I could demonstrate wisdom in my day to day life. But I have no Idea what it is to be wise and feel like a constant failure because of the constant knowledge (or strong belief) that my character will never be fundamentally wise so long as I cannot understand wisdom with some sincerity at some level.

I "corrected" the immortal's handbook's "superluminal" speed entry from 5,621,108,587 feet to 5,901,413,760 feet.
>>
>>48292108

I wouldn't be so sure that the players seeing through that is the end of the world. I have sat at a table and coached a new DM at doing that in front of the whole table full of players and the game only got more fun from there. You'd be surprised how many groups want to see the cool stuff and keep the game moving.
>>
>>48288594
YOU'RE A MONSTER
>>
>>48290527
What is ERP?
Please and thank you.
>>
>>48292480
Erotic Roleplay, namely what you do in WoW inbetween minigaming and raiding.
>>
>>48292383
>I "corrected" the immortal's handbook's "superluminal" speed entry from 5,621,108,587 feet to 5,901,413,760 feet.
What's the point?
>>
I was diddling my GMs little daughter when rest of the group was going out for a smoke break, they never found out. I was kicked ouf of his group because he though that I was going thourgh his notes when they were out.
>>
File: I_see_a_pedo.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
I_see_a_pedo.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>48292576
>>
>>48290848
>I felt that if I asked them to join I'd just be bothering them.
I fell ya anon-kun
>>
>>48292566

Consistency. The author called it superluminal even though it was slower than what is our knowledge of the speed of light. I thought it was the least thing to do than to at least make it as fast as light. Writing about this made me think to look at the speed of the expansion of the universe and write down a speed that goes faster than that to justify travel between planes by "breaking through" the expanding space of the universe into a different universe with a different speed of expansion and etc.
>>
I really like all the Space Marine Chapter/Guard Regiment/Etc creation threads but they come up so rarely nowadays so I just rolled up a bunch of them on my own and put them in an excel file.
>>
>>48292677
Thats retarded. You'd only be able to go "up" planes with speed at that point unless you come up with an equally retarded idea like slowing down more than 0mph or going faster in the opposite direction of expansion.
>>
I am running a campaign where I have grown to hate one of my players and all of the drama she stirs up, even though I feel like I have to try and put up with it because I am the DM and that is what DMs do.

This has reached a point where, since she has stopped participating in the game and is probably going to leave, the only real guilt I feel is over the fact that I only wish this happened sooner.
>>
>>48292881
>She

I'm a ramping faggot and I can never be on a good foot with women (they're HUGE bitches, plus I have a shit personality, utterly my fault there), plus everyone where I live in a sex-less nerd so I always try not to play with any girl since they'll stir up shit and I know it.
>>
I design all my encounters out to be a good amount of difficulty higher than what the party should be facing, and then drink enough to make occasional tactical errors. I also wing noncombat interaction and even plot devices, but I have a lot of improv experience so no one has caught on. I feel no shame since everyone has a good time.
>>
>>48292776

Depends on the cosmology.

For example, The hypothetical universes expand from one point at different speeds in the form of a sphere in the same direction.

Each universe has a certain constant distance from eachother because each has a different, but constant, speed of expansion. Thus, I believe that in that case, by going at a certain speed superior than that universes expansion, the object would land in a universe which is superimposed on that "original" universe that is unseen because it is expanding faster than that "original" universe and once the ship slows down, being in a new universe with a different expansion, might have a new relative state of inertia.

There should be a limit of course or else that would mean that any object in that cosmology that slows down could effectively go into another universe unadvertedly. I think it would be a question of calibration where the nature of "acceleration" would be fundamentally different because of a new inertial state

>an equally retarded idea like slowing down more than 0mph

Also I do not know if its possible to actually go slower than a universal inertia.

Fun.
>>
>>48291731
Wiat, this is something that's confession worthy? This kind of escalation has been my go to method of GM'ing since I started running games since 3rd edition D&D was first a thing.
>>
>>48292910
>ramping faggot
>everyone around you is a sexless nerd
Are you even trying?
>>
>>48292969
Assuming we're using our understanding of the universe then all points of the universe are expanding outwards unless acting with matter or some sort of large gravitational force.
You might be able to try and escape a blackhole and slip into another universe in the manner you described in so doing but thats assuming you can accelerate out of a blackhole. subsequently you might be able to "slow down" enough by falling into one.
>>
>>48293065
I don't fuck my friends. Like all well balanced people.

Case in point for you being a horny sexless nerd tho.
>>
I don't use coasters.
>>
>>48293182
Don't worry. I got like 80 folding tables from a local Legion's closing what i only use for gaming now so it's all cool.
I only switch them out when they burn down or the vomit's eaten through the compressed cardboard and anything you do to it until then only diminishes your playing experience.
>>
>>48293296
Are you for real? If so, I have questions.
>>
>>48293100

I assume by "our understanding of the universe" you mean "my understanding of the universe".

I would say I have no idea what you are talking about because I don't know what your understanding of the universe is (since you never explicitly exclaimed it, neither did I.)

I have no understanding of "the universe" but I try.

Initiate Socrates doctrine.

What is "Understanding" and by extension "your understanding"

That then being established. What is "The universe"?

What in your understanding is a "point"?

What is "matter"?

WHat is a "force"?

What is "acceleration"?

What makes something "gravitational"?

From prior answers. What is a "black hole"?

What is to fall?

And WHat is one?

IF you present to me what you can from these questions I can have an idea of what you meant and have a possible entrypoint to what "our understanding" is.

From that point I could demonstrate what my potential knowledge of these things is. (or could not I don't know yet)

Fun.
>>
>>48293332
Yeah. Legions everywhere are closing down since the younger crowd isn't drinking there. They liquidated 2 nearby which is where i got the tables and some chairs and now the nearest has a sign saying anyones welcome no membership needed so its only a matter of time. I put them in the old shes i never use.
>>
>>48293368
Yeah but why do you need 80? And why are you saying 'when they burn down or the vomit's eaten through it' like those are things that frequently happen?
>>
>>48293368
What is this Legions you speak of? Google doesn't give me anything conclusive for "legions restaurant" or "legions club"
>>
File: 2015-09-16 15.46.44-11.jpg (124 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-16 15.46.44-11.jpg
124 KB, 700x700
I started playing RPG's with 4E D&D and angrily argued for its case for years against 'imbalanced' 3.5/PF and GM'd 4E exclusively primarily ironically with a bunch of WoW players who loved it.

Then I decided to pick up Pathfinder and realised it was everything I'd imagined D & D to be when I read about it. I loved the crunch have and verisimilitude in the rules. I began to angrily tell 4E players how much they were playing a World of Warcraft clone.

Now I play 5E as it's simpler to GM than PF which I could never run perfectly crunch wise. I've never played anything other than D & D properly in 8 years. I really want to switch to gurps now but my group are all filthy casuals.
>>
I'm really bad at making characters. Instead of actually trying to stupid character optimization, I intentionally make my characters even more useless for the sake of retarded snowflake fluff nobody actually cares about except me.

>>48289285
They were competing with the lewd writefag thread, and they managed to convince the mods by continually spouting "It belongs on /soc/!"

No really.
>>
>>48290098
Now I want to do this
>>
>>48293460
The American Legion. Its a place for vets to go and do activities with other vets that just so happens to have a massive bar area in each one. They've always been thought of by my generation to be the place your dad or his age group goes to quietly drink and reminisce and they've gotten the reputation for being the place you find hardcore drinkers both of which aren't the kind of people who want youngsters around for one reason or another. This has lead it's attendance to steadily decline since the 70's as newer vets are of the same opinion of the places and would rather go to places like TGI or regular bars until now when its just getting unsustainable. What compounds this is they make you pay a membership fee of $10 a month to even get into the place.
>>48293452
Well its happened frequently in the past when i initially tried "disposable" tables you'd buy from target for $15 or so so i'm expecting it to happen again. And 40 each was how it worked out so i just took the lot and said i'm stockpiling since i burned through one every 3 weeks or so before.
>>
>>48288942
I was just wondering the same thing. Forever GM here.
>>
>>48289293
Confirmed.
Power hungry fag located.
>>
>>48289359
That's not perverted at all, it's not like she's your real sister.
>>
>>48293761
I say the same thing about my daughter.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 199x254) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 199x254
>>48293341
>>
File: 1449337614355.png (480 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449337614355.png
480 KB, 1280x720
>have a bud in my group, our PCs often end up together
>we have a lot of fun playing off each other, even do dumb stuff like joking about who'd take the lead if our PCs went to fuck
>we're both the only writefags in our group so we often write about everyone's characters and relationships, including ours
>sometimes lewds of our PCs together
>want to ask them if they're into erp for a while now
>>
I used to make lesbian nymphos on online roleplaying sites. Noted that was many years ago and nowadays I cringe whenever a I remember one of them. One was so bad she was used as an example of what NOT to do.
>>
>>48289645
Get out.
>>
File: Blap.gif (544 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
Blap.gif
544 KB, 303x357
>>48290036
Go on...?
>>
>>48292009
Just like sodium, too much magical realm is bad for your health, but in just the right amounts it can be healthy and good.
>>
>>48290656
Try publishing your system. If you have a hobby that has the chance to make money might as well try to make money off it. Don't need to specifically design a system to be marketed, if you finish a system, try polishing it up a bit and send it to some publishers. If no one publishes it, whatever, if someone does, hey get paid for your hobby.
>>
>>48291627
>Cardboard cutout in the back
Kek
>>
>>48288582
I have cheated my players into surviving more times than i can count. They end up doing stupid shit, like aggro an entire dungeon for an example, and when they are about to all get killed I end up having a "cave-in" and saying it was apart of one of the three in-game monthly rolls I do to help have random/extra things happen in the game. Then I have to panic and be on the ball for the majority of the session as everything is off the cuff and not planned at all, but they never realize that they should have died there and convince themselves time and time again that I make "impossible" encounters knowing that something like this is going to happen.

Almost always works to the betterment of the overall session and opens up new paths for them to take, new NPCs to associate themselves with, and things of that nature but I know that the second there is a time where i can't bullshit them out of a situation they got themselves into they will more than likely just drop as losing their current characters now would be them wasting half a year's worth of time and connection to their characters.

Some just can't be saved though and I have a global sheet that everyone can see to record the fallen characters that the players have had before, and we just reached 13 yesterday with the player of the character that died dropping the campaign.
>>
>>48293182
le ebin coaster meme xD
>>
>>48288845
What the fuck.
>>
I'm obnoxious as fuck and consistently get away with it because Bard. I feel like an asshole but continue to do it because the group has come to accept it. Now, due to in game events I have an opportunity to drop it but.. I honestly can't see myself playing any other way.
>>
>>48292175
So the cure for depression is... nihilism? Who would have guessed.
>>
>>48294394
I have a similar problem. My group keeps letting me live even though I should have died to an unlucky roll, or having an exceedingly shitty amount of armor/health stat and getting hit at all.

I feel like I'm cheating.
>>
>>48289260
Stop posting, Noize.
>>
>>48289546
Same desu. I'd love to be able to play, but all of my friends are pretty horrible as DMs.
>>
>>48288999
THE TRIPS OF TRUTH CONFIRM
>>
>>48294449
>le ironic xd posting
>>
>>48290098
Well, if this is real, we'll know for sure when we get a post about some group beating their ST to death.
>>
>>48290098
A. Idea stolen and i'll actuallg do right by it
B. Literally impossible for you to be my GM cause the only other GM in the group besides me is a complete and utter idiot who could never pull this off in any convincing manner even if you wrote it all our for him right down to the NPC's lines
My secret shame is that i even let him GM for me just so i can occasionally taste the simplistic joy that comes from actually being a PC. The fact i let him GM at all is a sin in and of itself.
>>
>>48288582
I have jerked off during online sessions while in a voice chat.

No one noticed, I didn't make a sound.
>>
I've started a translation project for a foreign RPG system that people have been clamoring for, and 5 years later I still haven't really gotten a whole lot done. In fact, the last time I had the chance to work on it seriously was literally last year. I use the fact that I work 5-6 days a week constantly as an excuse, but I still have time to fuck around on the internet, play card games, and generally do other shit rather than get this shit done.
>>
>>48290340
I'm the same way
>>
>>48290340
so do a lot of other people, which is why it's such a popular system especially amongst rollplayers (and theres rly not much wrong with rollplaying they just get a bad rap here for being bad roleplayers)
>>
>>48292576
You're fucking sick
>>
File: 1468516523187.jpg (15 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
1468516523187.jpg
15 KB, 500x318
>>48292576
>>
>>48288999
wew
>>
>>48292576
how old was she
>>
>>48288582
In just about every campaign I've run a pretty large amount of the population are shapeshifters and only one party has realized they even existed in setting

I sorta stole someone's gf after he brought her to D&D once
>>
I cheat like a motherfucker when we roleplay to make the game more interesting. I don't care if my character suffers because of it, if I can tell the GM is aiming for a certain outcome I'll go out of my way to help make sure it happens.

When it comes to boardgames I get off on running the game for others instead of playing it.
>>
>>48294134
Do it.
>>
File: 61lNajI.png (464 KB, 797x540) Image search: [Google]
61lNajI.png
464 KB, 797x540
>>48292576
>>
>>48288582
I can't find anyone to play with ever and haven't played any games in a long time.

I've only every played dnd for 3 sessions.

I have tried roll20 and find a game on here and both times i haven't been able to find someone to respond.

Oh the shame.
>>
>>48289310
yeah and the british seem to have it backwards and as much as a perv like me dislikes it, i like having my violence at hand.
>>
>>48301547
What do you typically try to play?
>>
I play video games while waiting for my turn during roll20 combat because my group always takes forever to decide what they want to do.

I mute the game so I can hear what is happening in the campaign but I don't care to look at an ugly map waiting for my turn.
>>
>>48301569
dnd 5e. I'm a simple man and its a simple game.
>>
>>48301639
And your characters?
>>
>>48301650
80 year old Political barbarian (he owned a tavern and just eventually became the wise sage of the village)

Neutral druid that just wanted to paint miniatures.

Paladin that hated being a paladin.

What, am i doing something wrong?
>>
>>48301702
I don't have enough details to determine if you are or not.

On the surface your characters do seem to be rather tongue in cheek, which most groups are adverse to. NEETs tend to take their roleplaying "seriously".
>>
>>48288582
Ha! I can top that easy.
I used an ERP character in a non-erp game and no-one noticed.
>>
>>48302690
>Played an ERP character in a non-ERP game.
>The other players had just come to expect that of me and just tolerated my autism in silence.
>>
>>48302727
They were a cursed magical armor that some dumbass had made the mistake of putting on. Shove the details of what it took to get the person who put the armor on to do what the armor says way way way into the background, and viola! A perfectly normal not at all mind breaky character.
>>
I let my girlfriend play in one of my groups.

She chose a Tiefling Paladin, know neither what a Tiefling nor a Paladin was. She roleplays as neither.

I'm letting half my party play evil characters, while the other half are just sort of murderhoboes.

I don't keep track of spell ingredients, or even the cost of learning new spells
>>
>>48292576
>shit that never happened
>>
>>48303687
>never happened
My last GM just got his ass stabbed for this very thing not 3 days ago.
>>
>>48294551

Diagnosed depressed here, I can confirm that my current nihilist phase has done me a world of good.
>>
>>48303718
Storytiem?
>>
>>48303967
We take half hour breaks for smokes or various store/beer runs and there's one guy who always stays back cause he doesn't smoke, drink, and i've never personally seen him eat in the year i saw him for.
So we get back after one longer than usual run and he's nowhere to be found so we figure he flaked for once in his life. Everyone is getting comfy again or getting chips set and stuff so the GM goes and checks on his 4 year old daughter while we busy ourselves with getting things set up. All we heard was a scuffle and some screaming from the other guy and the GM's daughter so we all rush in to see what happened and the guys on the ground bleeding and the GM's got one of those survival style knives in his hand.
Turns out the GM walked in to check on his daughter and saw some guy in her bed fondling her and he just started stabbing and didn't know till after the lights turned on it was the anon that usually stays back.
Now me and everyone else have a court date next tuesday to give witness testimony.
By all accounts the guy seemed trustworthy up to that point.
>>
>>48288582

I half-ass my sessions, with working out the canon in my head during the week.

Each saturday we game, like 2 hours from now, and I got jack shit prepared.

it's a glorious improv-fest that I never seem to escape.

Also been forced to DM or nobody else will is sort of shit, but I like worldbuilding so hey
>>
File: 1430419537623.gif (13 KB, 221x244) Image search: [Google]
1430419537623.gif
13 KB, 221x244
>>48293555

>never satisfied

remember to never game with you anon, because you are an entitled cunt.
>>
>>48289285
Not like the mods care about what boards shit goes on anyway.
>>
Sometimes while other players are doing stuff, especially during combat, I just tune them out and stop paying attention. I don't do it deliberately, and I feel like an ass when I notice it.
>>
In a game I play regularly, I took an opportunity for my character to use Science to reverse his age and become unrecognizable, and stepped right into my magical realm along with that.
I have no regrets.
And neither does the other player whom I ERP with, thanks to their amazing taste in fetishes
>>
I make dangerous or suicidal decisions for my character, justifying it as 'taking one for the team', such as touching the clearly evil corruptive substance of unknown origin to gather more information (my character's skillset involved psychometry).

It's mostly because I want to kill myself but I don't have the courage to. The team thanks me for stepping up.
>>
>>48304617
and anyone else, please give me sage advice on improv.
>>
>>48306997
Drink.
>>
>>48304589
can't fucking trust anyone in this world
>>
>>48291977
Therapists know nothing. They can only help crybabies with minor or moderate depression.
Being dead inside isn't so bad once you get the meds to regain agency. Once you can actually act of your own volition, it's manageable, and unlike hocus-pocus canned CBT and other methods, actually works
>>
>>48292145
Doesn't work for real depressive disorder. Only the weaksauce ones.
Still something you should do anyway, but it won't actually make one feel better, it's just nice to have done in advance in case one survives
>>
>>48308764
>>48291977
Here, ACTUAL "m-muh depresion" treatment.
1. All "M-muh depreshioon" faggots and sissies
2. If you're not a real men (Ie a faggot or a sissy) you don't deserve to live

So after this facts here is how to treat faggotry, IE "depression", time tested, over 2000 years of use and TOTAL success, "man the FUCK up" there you go.
If you can't refer to fact 2 and suicide, faggot.

>Inb butthurt neets and sissies
>>
File: 1466433325430.png (319 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1466433325430.png
319 KB, 803x688
>>48308929
Excellent bait
>>
>>48308963
Neet or just "Muh depehshiiioooon ;_;" sissy?
>>
File: Euphoric stirner.png (106 KB, 318x444) Image search: [Google]
Euphoric stirner.png
106 KB, 318x444
>>48309025
Neither, the world is my oyster and I've only to take it while you still dabble in spooks.
>>
>>48308929
you seem mad anon

are you feeling alright? do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>48309059
Stirner IS a spook.
>>
>>48309096
>U-u m-mad x-D

I'm mad people throw the history of mankind to the trash to the feed the psychojew because they're not men.
>>
>>48309107
That's pretty spooky
>>
>>48309059
How'd that milk shop work out for you, friend?
>>
>>48303687

I hope you're right.
>>
I broke up one of the best gaming groups I ever had by sleeping with both the Gm and another player at the same time.

Interestingly, it was the other players finding out and throwing a shot fit about me and our GM that was the death knell, not the girls themselves getting mad.
>>
>>48309205
Infectiously
>>
>>48290098
I've been doing this same thing. Every game I've run in the past 8 years has been set in different parts of the same universe, at various moments in history.
>>
>>48288845
I only fudge dice rolls when I'm doing something that the whole party is depending on me to do.

I have no idea where the plot is going and just make shit up as I go along.
>>
>>48290527
>Joining an ERP
>Not wanting to do lewd rp
>>
>>48290450
My DM had a recurring character like this. Having an NPC like that can be fun. Knocking the characters down a peg once in a while is great. I've never met someone with a good reason otherwise.
>>
>>48290340
You ought to try 4e if you like customisation anon
>>
>>48290098
Already did this. Players were in sigil. They died and my multiverse ended.

I'm in the brainstorming process for starting all over.
>>
>>48290036
Don't feel bad. I'm sure they feel the same way about you.
>>
>>48288582
>I used someone's ERP character for a villain in my last campaign.

I'm playing one of my own ERP characters in a campaign. She turned out very, very different from how I play her on F-list because kek teasing seductive lesbian with shrinking powers and an appetite is too obvious.

She basically turned into a sex, drugs, and rock and roll sort of Bard who actually pretended to be retarded last session in order to get away with being spotted trying to hide.
>>
>>48309915
On a related note, almost every single one of my characters so far has been a /fit/ girl. I honestly don't know why this keeps happening.
>>
I randomly discovered /tg/ a few years ago and since then have been browsing it daily, I've never played any TTRPGs and I am kind of afraid of interacting with people I don't know so I probably never will either but I enjoy the community and reading about the general topics on this board.

Please don't get mad
>>
>>48309667
Tried it once but it felt too much like an MMO.
I prefer 5eds mechanics yet that still lacks more content that will come with time.
>>
>>48310029
I'm not mad, anon, but you should try gaming some day. A lot of people involved are not super social, so they'd understand, and that's how I learned to make friends and talk to people and stuff. It's much less awkward than trying to do things with people outside of gaming.
>>
>>48310065
I guess that's fine, some people just don't like 4e.

They're really slowed down the release schedule for 5e, so don't expect much this year.
>>
>>48288695
I bought about 14 books DnD, Pathfinder, CoC and just read trough them, some have nice stories, did not play till this day, want to though.
>>
>>48289026
>has a dick
>is a lesbian

I'm not sure it still counts.
>>
>>48310029
You should try it though, it's fun.
>>
>>48310029
The more the merrier.
If you like the company on here, maybe try to convince some friends to play with you if it works you can talk about it all day.
>>
File: 1467770169494.png (291 KB, 488x391) Image search: [Google]
1467770169494.png
291 KB, 488x391
>>48290036
So you like them, but you also hate them?

Congratulations, you have friends.
>>
File: 1467868201536.jpg (43 KB, 576x521) Image search: [Google]
1467868201536.jpg
43 KB, 576x521
>>48290600
It's always important to work towards not feeling anything.
>>
>>48310460
Well i never anounced they had dicks. To everyone else i was just a hardcore aggressive lesbian who occasionally cucked husbands or humiliated stable boys by making their loved ones/crushes say goodbye to them and explain why they're leaving the village with me while my harem(if i have one this time around) coos or congratulates her for joining.
>>
File: 1461121483470.jpg (13 KB, 461x458) Image search: [Google]
1461121483470.jpg
13 KB, 461x458
>>48291898
>>48291977
I have a friend with depression who ended up having to go to a facility for a while and now he has a shrink/pills. I told him I thought I might have depression and he's pressuring me to go talk to a doctor but I don't want to do that because that might make it real or something. I haven't managed to come up with a believable lie and he keeps getting more assertive and I'm afraid he's going to cut me out if I don't go but I'm also afraid of how everyone else will react if I suddenly have to go talk to a doctor about possible depression I've never talked to them about having. It's a pretty bad scene.
>>
>>48292490
All I did was play the auctionhouse. PvE means Player vs Economy, right?
>>
>>48310705
Go and see a doctor, if you have something it is already real and you might make mistakes because you think everything is okay. If you don't have anything a doctor will tell you that and even than you at least have someone listening to you. And trust me from family experience that no one will judge you negatively for having depressions but its quite the opposite and people want to help. If you don't want that , don't tell anyone you are seeing a doctor.

And lastly don't blow up countless scenarios in your head what could happen, if you are just kinda down the last few weeks you will just worry over nothing and if you are depressive a grim outlook won't help much.
>>
>>48293619
What the fuck do you do to your tables?
>>
>>48294551
>Who would have guessed.

Nietzsche.
>>
>>48301254
Details on that second part?
>>
>>48301272
>running the game for others instead of playing it.

My DM always tries to do this in Cosmic Encounters if he can. It enrages at least one other player.
>>
>>48310705
Just go, it's real whether you talk to them or not
>>
>>48310805
I treat them right and wash them down every time afterwards. Players, they're the monsters here. They treat nothing with respect if it's not theirs and refuse to reimburse like it's your fault for letting them near it and maybe it is, so i now only let them near the cheapest of the cheap until they prove themselves. Like children.
>>
>>48309122
I'm mad you're having trouble piecing together a coherent statement.
>>
>>48309289
Details?
>>
>>48293555

>Not just enjoying all three editions

Is something wrong with me or is something wrong with the rest of the world?
>>
>>48310460
>>48310693

I probably shouldn't ask this, but I was told a chick with a dick still counts as a lesbian, but doesn't if they have balls?
>>
>>48288582
As a DM, I occasionally turn hits of my NPCs into misses against the players when I feel like the RNG-gods are conspiring to kill the PCs.
>>
>>48310824
>Nietzsche
>arguing for nihilism
Idiots who can't read go and stay go forever.
>>
>>48311505
That's just semantics
Futa
Fullpackage
Newhalf
It's all futa unless you're talking cuntboys which somehow miraculous are just labeled males with female bits rather than trans or something. Basically it's pandora's box and people are just trying to sort through the shit.
>>
>>48311768
Whole balls touching and whatnot but instead it's yuri if vags are involved but no balls, ignore the dick it's not part of this equation. Yes i know its the whole point of the equation but lemme just not feel gay or less gay just this one time.

That's the basic argument. Then you gotta point out what about all female bodies just with balls attached but no dick, no not that they lost the dick just the balls and they never had dicks to begin with.
Suddenly its an arguement over exactly what makes gay "gay" is it the balls? The dick? Is it the combo? maybe its the bod. Mentality?
>>
>>48311505
The magic of fiction means it counts as whatever the hell you want it to. It's not really equivalent to real-life trannies (which would be a whole other unrelated clusterfuck of terminology).
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.