[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So question /tg/. What would happen if you threw a fireteam of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 15
So question /tg/. What would happen if you threw a fireteam of high level Guardians from Destiny into Warhammer 40k. How would they do? I mean they seem pretty powerful?
>>
>>48286164
something something Guardian weapons fire tanks rounds something something Chaos something something 40k has the bigger dicks something something muh power levels
>>
>>48286164
They die to Tyranids/Tau Battlesuits/Eldar going at very hihg speeds/Space marines/Daemons
>>
>>48286164
That depends on the question of if a guardian from destiny can survive getting shot by a rocket launcher. If the answer is no, then they would just get gibbed by a space marine who has a rocket launcher that rapid fires from a 30 round magazine.

Having played destiny, I can tell you that a guardian cannot survive being shot by a rocket launcher.
>>
File: 3 classes.jpg (497 KB, 1732x1702) Image search: [Google]
3 classes.jpg
497 KB, 1732x1702
>>48286190
>>48286187
What about if you took all of the Guardians in destiny and threw them into warhammer how would they fare? I mean not being able to die is kind of powerful. So is space magic I.E light.
>>
>>48286210
Cabal use Rocket launcher rounds, that then break apart into micro-sharpnel that then explodes more. So Yes, and if not they can revive.
>>
>>48286213
They all die to the afore mentioned threats.

At the end of the day everything in the destiny game is canon.

So it's canon Guardians react at 30 FPS and cannot aim very well.
>>
>>48286225
>Micro shrapnel

Now, I may not be an expert in Sharpnel, but isn't the point of sharpnel to be jagged and tear bits out of the enemy.

If your sharpnel is too small, it'll just be harmlessly dispersed.
>>
>>48286213
They can not die all they want, the power levels of Destiny are pretty low compared to 40k. Hell, they don't even have interstellar travel, and immortality can only get you so far before the Inquisition says fuck it, captures you after using a few regiments as meat shields, and then feeds your weirdo soul to the Emperor.

Guardians can't even dislodge the Vex and all their time travel bullshit. What chance do they have against the literal forces of hell?

>>48286272
I think the point was 'bombs that explode into more bombs' via programmable exotic matter or [insert totally hard sci-fi buzzword here]
>>
>>48286262
Please tell me you are trolling anon...

Regardless, lore wise they are beating back the Cabal, the Vex, the Fallen, and the Hive by a huge margin.

>>48286272
I was getting at the fact that it is a rocket, followed by a shredder round inside.
>>48286287
Wait killing time traveling robots and elderitch abomination is low tier?
>>
>>48286210
you can tank a rocket if you have a shield active.

>>48286287
[glimmer]
>>
>>48286287
The power levels in Destiny are fucking all over the place.

You, as the Guardian, carry around weapons that are ostensibly just extremely advanced firearms. Your enemies have guns that are miniature portals to suns. They do the same, or less, damage to you as you do to them.

Oryx has broken hundreds of worlds personally, and you shoot him to death with your conventional arms and space magic fire balls. During the fall, humans were using tanks that don't appear to be much ahead of modern MBTs, but Rasputin blew up the Traveller with a hundred anti-matter cannons at once. Space Magic can teleport you all the way from the Moon to Earth when regular teleportation technology can't, but not when you're in combat. You can teleport around the whole system, and your ship doesn't even have a door because teleporting out is easier, but they can't keep the fucking tiles clean in the Tower.
>>
>>48286307
>>48286307
>Regardless, lore wise they are beating back the Cabal, the Vex, the Fallen, and the Hive by a huge margin.

And none of those are a hard threat in the 40k universe.

When you have games that use video game logic like how fast they run or they respawn, then you need to accept the fact that they're reacting at 30 fps with shitty console controls.
>>
>>48286308
We have no information on the effectiveness of 40K armour against Destiny weapons or vice versa.
>>
>>48286331
Oh, and Rasputin can out think something that simulates hundreds of different versions of reality perfectly simultaneously, but can't figure out how to keep the Fallen from breaking into his house.
>>
>>48286332
>Vex
>Teleporting, time travelling robots that constantly communicate with their past, present, and future selves
>Teleported in and mechanized all of Mercury in days
>Not a threat
>>
>>48286332
Ontological weaponry and time travel are direct threats to every single setting, and those are in the game, not the Grimoire.

It's kind of fucking obscene that Guardians are able to do anything to the Vex or Hive, based on what we're not just told but explicitly shown about them.
>>
>>48286332
>using shitty consoles
>>
>>48286357
>Got beaten buy a few guys with small arms as seen by >>48286331

>>48286366
You shoot them and they die. Time travel can't be that useful if your robots die to small arms

>>48286371
>Destiny
>not on shitty consoles
>>
File: Crota, Son of Oryx.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crota, Son of Oryx.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
>>48286332
So, the Cabal, are literally Space Imperium how are they not a hard threat?
>>48286331
Something something space magic. In Destiny there are Guns and armor that are literally alive and talk to their users. It is pretty insane.
>>48286357
>>48286366

One unit can simulate the whole universe....While the Hive have been reaping worlds for billions of years before Earth was even formed. Meaning They probably have killed at least a Galaxy full of life.
>>
>>48286349
That's actually not that strange, all things considered. Really it depends on which parts of him are still online or fully functional, and which parts he considers important enough to safeguard with those fucking orbital Penis Cannons.
>>
>>48286307
>Wait killing time traveling robots and elderitch abomination is low tier?

Have you ever read any 40k fiction?

That's basically your introduction.
>>
>>48286380
>Got beaten buy a few guys with small arm
And Necrons and Tyranids also get beaten by teams of plucky Space Marines. You're point?
>>
>>48286383
Becuase the Imperium is space Imperium.

Also, last I checked nothing in the Destiny uiverse has anything that resembles power weapons AI. Matter disruption fields that only really get stopped by forcefields.
>>
>>48286401
Entire Necron Tomb-worlds and Tyranid hive fleets don't get beaten by Singular Deathwatch teams.

In Destiny they do.
>>
>>48286380
>not stealing the game from Bungie HQ and modifying it to run on glorious Tabletop Master race 1fph
>>
>>48286398
I've read 40k fiction.

Space Marines get killed by Chaos Cultists using lasguns and fucking autoguns more than once. An army of Necrons is defeated by guys riding on horses with spears.
>>
>>48286422
And all the super awesome threats in Destiny get beaten by small arms and fireballs.

Your point?

Also Rough riders carry shaped charges on their spears, so yeah, that'll fuck alot of shit up.
>>
>>48286213
Even without great tech the sheer amount of guardsmen ahem I mean "astra militarum" that they would throw at guardians would steamroll them.
>>
>>48286414
>Entire Necron Tomb-worlds and Tyranid hive fleets don't get beaten by Singular Deathwatch teams.

Eeeh....
>>
>>48286414
>Entire Necron Tomb-worlds and Tyranid hive fleets don't get beaten by Singular Deathwatch teams.
I'm sorry to tell you..
>>
>>48286461
>>48286467

Can you actually post that shit? Because it didn't happen.
>>
>>48286422

Then you know exactly the huge scope on scale in the setting. I'm not saying Guardians couldn't hold their own in 40k, but they're clearly not the biggest or most important Threat.

I'd put them at about Tau level.
>>
>>48286473
If the Guardians were plopped in the middle of Terra, they could kill the Emperor on their own.
>>
File: hive3.jpg (302 KB, 1500x637) Image search: [Google]
hive3.jpg
302 KB, 1500x637
>>48286398
>>48286404
No from what I remember the biggest threats were:
>The chaos Gods, which is basically hell given form
>The nids which is a giant hyper evolving plague
>Necrons which are super advanced robots
>space elves who are dying off
>orcs, waaaagh

Only the high level threats actually screams at me as high tier elderitch abomination or killer time traveling robot. Everything else not really.
>>48286442
>>48286422
Guns kill plenty of shit especially guns that are space magic or paracasual. If dudes with spears and horse can kill necrons, then dudes with space magic can kill other crazy shit.
>>48286473
Even if the traveler was there? I mean they cannot really die unless you have the specific means to kill em, so wars of attrition are a bit one sided against them.
>>
>>48286422
There is a difference to lore and ingame balancing. Choose one.
>>
>>48286473
Actually, I'd put them on the same level as Dark Eldar.

Not many, fancy tech, like teleporting and shit.

>>48286490
>300 Custodes instantly wipe them out

top kek
>>
>>48286471

Necron codex, brokini. Deathwatch team stealth into a Tomb while the planet is waking up, plant some charges and GTFO.
>>
>>48286498
Oh no, those are both things that happened in fluff. The Rough Riders was in a recent IG codex, and the autoguns was in a recent White Scars novel.
>>
>>48286471
It did.
>>
>>48286501
>300 Custodes instantly wipe them out
but who would hold door?
>>
>>48286507
>>48286524

That was several Deathwatch teams.

And sure, if you kill a Tomb world while it's not fully functional, I guess it counts.

Point remains, Deathwatch are 100% more well equipped and trained than the Guardians in Destiny.

For one; they brought planet cracker explosives.

Two: they didn't stop the Entire Necron race with one tomb world like the guardians did.
>>
>>48286537
See, Light balances everything out. It's literally a writer caveat/plot armor. If there's no Darkness in 40k, Light can continue to break every of rule reality/physics there is and have the Guardians beat everything.

In the same vein, if there was no Light in 40k, the Darkness could just blow everyone up one at a time. Acausal magic/weapons are a bitch.
>>
>>48286518
What I'm saying is that lore does not transcribe into the tabletop game, a guardsmen shooting a single las gun at a terminator in game can kill a terminator. In lore there is a 1000/1 chance of that happening. It's why the point system really doesn't make sense. In combat a space marine should be at least 50 guardsmen.
>>
>>48286549
What autistic shit are you talking about anon.
>>
>>48286537
How in the world are they better equipped? How, when your weapons can defy logic and do absurd things? What can the weapons that deathwatch do? Fire "tank shells"? You're going to have to do something better than that.
>>
>>48286557
I know, and what I'm saying is that in lore a single guardsmen shot a Space Marine and he died. That's kind of unusual, but so is space marines soloing an entire planet.

As you say, Space Marines generally boil down to about 50-100 guardsmen in fluff. Which is a pretty hefty amount, but not all that much compared to the literal armies that a single guardian is worth.
>>
>>48286164
Respawn unless Ghost is destroyed, etc. I wonder if a Guardian can obtain a rare weapon, die with it & thus endlessly mass produce it.
>>
>>48286497
>high tier elderitch abomination

That's pretty much ANY Chaos Daemon. The Gods are a step above that in the same way that Yog-Sothoth is a few steps above Cthulhu.

>killer time traveling robot

Time Travelling is pretty common in 40k fluff, although I think there's only one or two characters (Necrons, IIRC) that do it routinely and intentionally.

>Even if the traveler was there?

The Traveller definitely changes the equation by more than a little.

>so wars of attrition are a bit one sided against them.

Not so much. A billion planets producing human meat for the warmachine can probably out grind the Guardians fairly easily by sheer mass.

>>48286501

I'd say that the Guardians lack of Warp Travel stops them from being a major threat.

The second the orks find out there is a galaxy that has an infinitely respawning enemy of ded 'ard 'umies with big dakka is the second the Guardians stop being a threat to the Imperium.

And the Orks too, probably.
>>
>>48286164
>Hey guys, what if X was in 40k?
Is it tuesday already?
>>
>>48286569
Because when they go in to eliminate a target, they don't fire fireballs and shoot small arms, they pick their weapons properly and uttely devastate the target because they learned and developed their weapons to combat them.

See, Guardian weapons don't defy logic and do absurd things, they shoot bullets and energy like every other weapon.

At the end of the day, an ork Nob will bisect a guardian with a power Klaw.

That is how worthless guardians are
>>
>>48286164
I'd rather spawn Samus Aran or Doomguy.
>>
>>48286575
>but not all that much compared to the literal armies that a single guardian is worth.

Eeeh...
>>
>>48286603
No, Guardians are imbued with light and so are their guns. They can do anything they want because of that. Oryx was literally indestructible, but Light allowed him to be killed.

It's bullshit, but it's the explanation given.
>>
We should note that much is in-universe propaganda. A Melta gun would fuck up World Eaters good.
>>
>>48286617
>but not all that much compared to the literal armies that a single guardian is worth.
I'm sorry to tell you..
>>
>>48286612
>Doomguy

It's Doomslayer now, at least that's what the demons call him.
>>
>>48286617
>>48286634
kek I messed it up, was trying to mimic >>48286461 and >>48286467
>>
>>48286626
I think I remembe, "The Guardians choose their own Fate" or something. The Vex already have multiple alternative timelines where they've won yet still can't defy that.
>>
>>48286603
>not the anon you're responding to
Guardians in full force would be like an eldar army. Good tech and psych but would fall flat in the sheer amount of dakka that any 40k army could produce.
>>
>>48286630
In-Universe propaganda is a really shitty explanation for 40ks inconsistencies. It's just written by shitloads of different writers pulling in all kinds of different directions.

A thousand space marines can conquer an entire planet, and twenty dudes with rifles can kill a space marine. An Eldar has diamond bones and moves faster than the human eye can percieve, but gets krumped by a single ork with a choppa. The Tyranids can out adapt anything, except for when the Tau create a virus that kills all of them. The Necrons can build a machine that switches off suns, but can't fix their faulty wiring.
>>
File: Squat.jpg (64 KB, 738x936) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
64 KB, 738x936
>>48286653
Despite all that, the Squats are the only ones smart enough to escape 40k.
>>
File: sunbreaker time.jpg (82 KB, 600x718) Image search: [Google]
sunbreaker time.jpg
82 KB, 600x718
>>48286581

>That's pretty much ANY Chaos Daemon. The Gods are a step above that in the same way that Yog-Sothoth is a few steps above Cthulhu.
No it is not, the Chaos daemons have not taken countless worlds and shit them out as nothing but barren landscapes. In terms of fluff Destiny wise Oryx has been fucking up species longer then some Chaos gods have been alive
>Time Travelling is pretty common in 40k fluff, although I think there's only one or two characters (Necrons, IIRC) that do it routinely and intentionally.
Give me a source, I'm genially curious about that.
>The Traveller definitely changes the equation by more than a little.
This I agree with.
>Not so much. A billion planets producing human meat for the warmachine can probably out grind the Guardians fairly easily by sheer mass.
Meh, I don't think guardians would fight the Imperium, but if they did, I guarantee that they would go for the shit that matters and not just grind it. They would hit key worlds the rest would go back to the dark ages.
>>48286617
>>48286603
Guardians are worth armies. Channeling light makes them godslayers. I actually wouldn't put it pass them to go into one of the Chaos Gods Realms and kill them there.
>>
>>48286549
So. Chaos, then?
>>
>>48286677
There's the entire Chronomancer order of Crypteks, but most of them are just able to do stuff like slow time and see the future. Only Orikan has the ability to move backwards or forwards through time at will, and even he admits it's not infallible. He's lost despite it before, and he clearly can't just go back in time and erase humans for instance.
>>
>>48286691
If anything I think Chaos would stand the best chances desu. But that depends on the Guardians.
>>48286697
So still not as strong as the Vex, but it is an ability to time travel which is pretty strong.
>>
>>48286712
>If anything I think Chaos would stand the best chances desu. But that depends on the Guardians.

Nono, he literally described Chaos with that.
>>
Isn't the Traveler actually the bad-guy?
>>
>>48286723
Naw, Chaos has established limits within the canon. It's powered by faith/souls/emotional energy. They're not all powerful. They can be pushed back by powerful enough psykers.
>>
>>48286737
No, but it's not as friendly as it appears. It's self-interested, and doesn't care about humanity, but ultimately it's better to live under it than live under/worship the Darkness.
>>
>>48286743
It's literally the "light/dark" argument.
>>
>>48286737
>bad guy

he is just being held at doomsday gun-point by rasputin, who probably shut himself down because he figured that if there were less humans to use Light, the people that manifested Light would be stronger to fight against the Darkness with. he took a Darth Bane approach to it. the traveler is just using humanity as meat shields while it heals form stopping the Vex back when the Darkness first arrived in system, and pushed the Darkness beyond the Jovian moons
>>
>>48286518
Guy, Black Libary novels are so inconsistent. There is one that says that when a mass-react shell explodes it's blast radius is a meter.
>>
>>48286612
Now see, they might stand a chance of doing something productive, although I think the latter might be to busy killing deamons to bother with anything else.
>>
>>48286780

There's a BL novel that devotes several pages to Space Marines farting in each others faces.
>>
>>48286789
>killing Daemons
>not productive
I'm betting that Khorne has huge guts.
>>
>>48286737
It kinda is a good guy but the Darkness is doing its own shit to it.
>>
>>48286442
Ohh nooo, grenades on sticks
>>
>>48286823
but anon, what if they were melta grenades?!

>>48286442
that has mostly to do with Paracausal when killing the things that shouldn't really die to just bullets.
>>
File: feat7.jpg (121 KB, 1023x804) Image search: [Google]
feat7.jpg
121 KB, 1023x804
I think that Kars & especially Jorge Joestar Kars would do more damage.
>>
>>48286737
It's a "helps those who help themselves" kinda deal. In the end, it is the best ending for humanity, but it isn't going to be anywhere near as easy as the Darkness could have been. Moreover, it appears to leave unless someone, or something, stops it. I kinda take that as one final test before it helps you fight off the Darkness.
>>
>>48286789
Once Doomguy sees someone from 40k, he's probably gonna scream "YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GODS!"
>>
>>48286842
>jump

>18 meters

Get the fuck out of here with your shitty ups you fucking poser.
>>
>>48286869
>implying you have a 60 foot vertical leap.
>>
>>48286869
>jump when you can fly
>>
File: ripped and torn.jpg (417 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
ripped and torn.jpg
417 KB, 1200x500
>>48286855
>HUGE GODS

He's already killed one of those.
>>
File: UltimateCars.jpg (123 KB, 604x503) Image search: [Google]
UltimateCars.jpg
123 KB, 604x503
>>48286869
I doubt jumping ability is anything relevant to Kars.
>>
>>48286906
He'll want to rip and tear a few more
>>
>>48286798
I don't believe you
>>
>>48287039

Space Marine - Ian Watson.

Literal pages.
>>
>>48286164
No point to this thread, all you're going to get is 40k dick swinging
>>
File: Saeki-Akai_Hako_6.jpg (90 KB, 590x394) Image search: [Google]
Saeki-Akai_Hako_6.jpg
90 KB, 590x394
>it's 40k vs <other fiction> thread
>>
>>48286677

Your first point is factually incorrect on the first count, and only vaguely sort of relevant on the second. Anyone who's waggling dicksize with Chaos doesn't really grip how Chaos works; you can't kill or defeat Chaos (and it, in turn, can't REALLY kill or defeat you; at worst, it corrupts you and makes you a part of itself, but even then, you still have autonomy. Chaos is weird) so the power levels of Chaos are neither greater or less than anything else, they're just operating with different goals and on a different scale. Basically, you can't beat Chaos because Chaos can't lose; this isn't a power level thing, it's a blueberries and pebbles thing: maybe the same shape if you squint right, but fundamentally completely different things. The Chaos Gods are ACTUAL gods, metaphysical and spiritual beings, not just some hopped up wizard. 'Killing' them doesn't actually do anything, especially not in the long run.

As for the scale of the Imperium thing, I don't think you grasp just how many worlds there are in the Imperium. The number is in the multiple billions, and there ARE no key points, no 'shit that matters'. Every forge world is just as relevant as any other.

Now, this isn't to say that Guardians would just die or be beaten by the 40k setting. They'd, honestly, be just fine, but they wouldn't take over the galaxy or anything. They'd be on the level of, say, the Grey Knights or any other powerful Space Marine chapter, maybe a vague cut above, but that's about it.

Your concept of 'winning', and the fanboys defending 40k, is irrelevant to the discussion.

Like it is in all of these threads.
>>
>>48287401
There are only 1 million worlds in the Imperium and there are absolutely key points.

The Segmentum Naval bases, Mars, Terra, Cadia, wherever there is a local telepathic relay, etc.

You're engaged in a fanwank-battle with a 12 year old, you don't have to exaggerate to win.
>>
>>48287134
I don't care, I refuse to believe something that fucking stupid is in a book that was published by actually people.
>>
Does the Traveler actually care about humanity? Is it really benevolent?
>>
>>48288105
nah, it was going to leave b4 the speaker shot it so bad it shut down
>>
>>48288105
No. It's survival tactic is to stay a few centuries ahead of Darkness, uplift any local sapients, give them a power boost, enjoy being god for another century, use the ants he gave big boy guns as meatshields, skip town, and repeat until space and time ends.
Humanity was just the most promising race so far so it stayed a little longer just to be sure we weren't worth its time which was JUST enough time for us to aim all our shiny new guns at its kneecaps.
Now it HAS to help us to live and we get to suck its never ending river of blood to fuel our magical space warriors.
>>
Depends on if they could cut a deal with some faction and which one it is.

If they can't, they're fucked. Guardians are hard motherfuckers, but the 40k galaxy has a fair number of hard motherfuckers itself and a bottomless well of population from which to draw an endless tide of scrubs to support their hard motherfuckers.

If the Guardians manage to sign on with a radical inquisitor or something so that they are inside that support network and can be deployed or withdrawn at need, they are going to have a long career of kicking tremendous amounts of ass. The galaxy becomes a very slightly brighter place. Not fixed, not even close, but better.
>>
>>48286697

There used to be* an arm of the Inquisition dedicated to time travel and the preservation of continuity as well. Though they've apparenty obliterated themselves either by meddling with shit they shouldn't or getting into some sort of Time War that went badly for them.

*is the part tense correct when referring to something that has never existed, but which did have existed 'before' erasing itself?
English isn't built to handle describing time travel related catastrophes.
>>
>>48288653
I'm just trying to imagine what the logistical boon of a whole corp of guardians would be. They can't lose their equipment, they resupply via the things they kill, everything they kill drops programmable matter that can be turned into literally anything including more space magic items, can't stay dead more than 30 seconds so long as their ghost has its dimensional pocket full of material which any self respecting ghost would, and their ghosts(the source of guardians power) can't be killed by anything less than weapons hand made by The Darkness that not only kills the ghosts but the guardians as well and steals the Light from both.
It'd be like a never dying, self supplying spehss muhreen chapter where everyone is a psyker to some degree that won't run any sort of risk of corrupting. Hell, depending on how equipped the guardian is when you transfer them they each might have a bank full of game and reality breaking shit that means they have infinite stamina or causality erasing ammo or shit that explodes several heads per headshot. You can't even permanently kill their personal transports as the Ghost scans that shit as well.
>>
>>48287401
The Emperor and others make it pretty clear that the Chaos gods are not actual gods, just extremely powerful warp entities. They can be beaten, and more than one faction has had plans to do so. You've been listening to too much of Lorgars propaganda.
>>
>>48288820
Maybeprobablywasandwillbehasdefinitely*
>>
>>48287401
>Chaos can't be killed, but it also can't win
Not true though. Eldar plan to kill Slaanesh with Ynnead and they will probably kill or weaken the other 3 if that happens. The Emperor planned to kill or weaken them to a non-threat once humanity evolved to their psychic potential and that can still happen. On the other hand if the Emperor dies now then Chaos will literally tear apart reality and replace it with Chaos.
Nothing really concrete mentions this, but it's also possible that Gork and Mork can kill them once Orks rule the galaxy, the Necrons somehow trap them or something with their anti-Warp technology once they take over and it's possible that the Hive Mind could just smother them once they consume the galaxy. Because they would be extremely weak without other races to fuel themselves on.

This of course only works for 40k factions. Others would have zero knowledge of Chaos and without psykers or really advance Warp technology it would be impossible to combat.
>>
>>48288820
Is the Ordo Chronos really gone? or is that what they want you to think?

An inquisitor will see to you twenty minutes ago
>>
File: VoG.jpg (4 MB, 1200x7200) Image search: [Google]
VoG.jpg
4 MB, 1200x7200
>>48289206
So would Warlocks work? They can see the future and plan accordingly by dying and self reviving. Although it is brief glimpses. So I do not know if they can be akin to psykers.
>>48287401
Hey listen man I understand 40k is overpowered and crazy, but stop twisting lies that not even other 40k fans are defending. It makes me start taking more and more stuff as hard to understand and believe canon. I know everything in the universe is powerful but not to the extent you seem to think, Chaos can be defeated, the Imperium does not have billions of worlds and there are locations of power in there. Granted I understand I may come off as biased with the Destiny wank. I understand they may not make a significant impact the moment Guardians hit ground, but I do think they would sit in the setting pretty firmly rooted. Plus I do agree with you that if the traveler is there it would make a giant difference, if it was alive. But so far in most of the lore the Guardians have been doing the heavy lifting.
>>48288105
>>48288543
Basically yeah, it uplifts and tries to give its new race a fighting chance. It was about to fuck off, but Rasputin said, cyka blat, and shot it in the kneecaps. The traveler realizing it didn't have enough strength to flee decided to risk it on humanity and made the ghosts to channel the best of humanity. All of a sudden a few centuries later the Guardians are beginning to take back the solar system and killing shit that was a problem for it in the past. Basically in lore cards Guardians are described as a legion of undead crazy space human warriors who kill enemies while dancing on top of their corpses and fashioning armor out of em.
>>
>>48289617
They also might be brainwashed or created whole cloth. They just do the travelers bidding and kick down doors of fallen that dindu nuffin just because the speaker said so and what the speak say is always right as its akin to the word of the traveller and we can't question that. Seriously though not a single word of questioning just go to the moon and shoot fallen who were up till then peacefully doing fuck all trying to survive.
Hell we know they're useful if given the chance but we gotta show power.
Plus that whole the fallen screaming about us being "darkness" and shit when my fist is cracking skulls.
>>
File: Imperium of Man - Psykers.png (2 MB, 1587x868) Image search: [Google]
Imperium of Man - Psykers.png
2 MB, 1587x868
>>48289617
Psykers are just a 40k thing. It's something in your brains that allows you to steal power from the Warp and then channel it in a million different possible ways. Even those that can only read auras and moods are relying on the Warp. Only humans, Eldar and some minor races can do it. Then there is whatever Orks and Tyranids are doing, but that's possibly Warp related too, just channeling it in a different way.
At best non 40k races can protect themselves from direct assaults (fireballs and stuff) and maybe reverse engineer tech to nullify psyker powers. But becoming a psyker is impossible. And without somebody teaching them how to protect your soul and mind against possessions or mind attacks they are extremely vulnerable to non-physical attacks.
>>
>>48289206
The Eldar are full of shit and there's no evidence their plan would even work, especially with every Eldar plan typically resulting in mass death and destruction. We also know that the Chaos Gods themselves are all swimming around the Golden Throne itself salivating for the Emperor's death. He's the only thing holding them back from tearing through reality and killing everybody.

Plus given the whole End of Times shit in WHF GW is 99% most likely to have Chaos win and kill everybody in 40k's inevitable end of times.
>>
>>48287401
If the top big dick nigga eldar stopped being petty fucks, which they're pretty much incapable of doing, they could pretty much fuck Slaanesh into oblivion. The only reason chaos even has a fighting chance is because all the other races are too busy skullfucking each other to do so. Dark Eldar need to hunt for souls and torture puppets to keep their city going and feed their addiction, the empire is too stubborn to manipulate the orks except for a few cases out of sheer desperation, the eldar are too busy sucking their own dicks but not other eldar dicks because they're apparently not eldar enough, tyranids don't give a single shit and kinda of sent the empire/squats/a few others back a few millenia in power, and some dipshits woke up the necrons. The only power chaos has is the fact that everything is already falling apart and their gods are the only ones that seem to give a fuck enough to do anything.

>>48292732
Though that is a thing, for how insanely powerful high end eldar can be, holy fuck their decision making is bad. And again, getting them to cooperate would just lead to someone fucking things up out of spite and arrogance.
>>
>>48286898
>fly when you can floof about
>>
Guardians have the Darksouls factor where they can lose 10,000 times and it doesnt matter because all they have to do is succeed once, 40k has the splerglord factor where there is always a bigger more meaner more killy dude some cockwaffle has written into canon somewhere, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. See: Avatars of Khaine being used as pencil sharpeners by space marines.

Tl;dr- this is thread literally a "who is more autistic" argument.
>>
>>48293064
Well it IS Destiny which is PRETTY autistic to the point they don't even hide the plotholes and plotarmor and instead call it "Light" and make it an actual factual mechanic ingame and inlore. You literally can't win cause if the Guardians need more Light suddenly the Traveller is miraculously shunting out more Light, but only for a bit* so you better hurry**.

*the increase in Light output is permanent and will be backed up by plot or added lore or possibly forgotten about.
**see the above kickback, enjoy your new powers, drink some lemonade or something, and maybe just act like shits bad so we don't have the citizenry stop working themselves to the bones to survive.
>>
>>48293264

40k isnt better, replace Light (tm) with Warpfuckery/techno-magic-bullcrap.
>>
>>48293606
I suppose. I'm just pointing out its like a weapons race of "nuh uh! I have a forcefield!" "Nuh uh! I have a gun that ignores forcefields!" "Nuh uh!" "Yeah HUH!"
>>
File: masterrace.png (69 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
masterrace.png
69 KB, 270x400
>Console peasants
>>
>>48296763
>i live on welfare cause my graphics card is outdated 3 weeks after i bought it
>oh shit! My motherboard can't handle this new graphics card!
>aww shit! Intel released a 128 core processor and I gotta get that shit!
>awww shit my hard drive only has 125TB and this new game takes 125.0001TB!
>oh no! My car broke an axle cause i never had the money fix that shit when it needed it! I need that to get to work to pay for my PC!
>oh well, it was a shit job anyway.
>guess I'll go back to sucking dicks for cash! Lord knows i love that shit!
>>
>>48296763
hows bloodborne?
>>
>>48292907
>Though that is a thing, for how insanely powerful high end eldar can be, holy fuck their decision making is bad. And again, getting them to cooperate would just lead to someone fucking things up out of spite and arrogance.
Eldar ought to shoot every one of their Farseers, as they seem to be pretty shit at their jobs with fair consistency.
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (320 KB, 1000x1283) Image search: [Google]
Settra_Rules.jpg
320 KB, 1000x1283
>>48286164
>tfw you will never ever see a Ghost discover Settra & enjoy the results as Settra makes the Ghost his revival-bitch
>>
>>48298123
How's games other than bloodborne?
>>
>>48298123
30FPS
>>
>>48286549

Light and Darkness are two forces in Destiny and acasual is part of the reason given why they're basically able to do magic.

Light comes from or is primarily channeled through a giant floating white orb known as the Traveler and seems primarily concerned about helping whatever species it has came upon grow and prosper. The downside is that if things start to go downhill because the Darkness or its worshipers show up, the Traveler will run away. The only reason this supposedly didn't happen in Destiny is because one of humanity's AI warmind satellites somehow prevented it from leaving in order that humanity would have a chance of surviving.

The Darkness is a force that primarily works through worms that are ingested by a race that has become known as the Hive, who worship the Darkness. The Darkness is all about survival of the fittest and how only the strong have the right to impose their will on the universe. It hates the Light since it sees it's habit of giving things away and not making species work for them as weakness.
>>
>>48302239

Was for >>48286565
>>
>>48302239
Rasputin fired a piss ton of antimatter battery's at its asshole after warning it what would happen if it tried to flee.
>>
>>48286331
Don't forget its canon that Guardians respawn.
>>
>>48286536
Custodes Hodor, obviously.
>>
File: Whizzard.jpg (148 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Whizzard.jpg
148 KB, 250x250
>>48287795
>something that fucking stupid

Escape means climbing virtually straight up through a narrow pipe for these three:

"Compression of the guts caused inevitable farting. D'Arquebus vented through his tunic and his silks virtually into Yeremi's face. Nor did Yeremi have much option but to gas Tundrish in turn."

Fart fetishists thrilled at those three sentences and enjoy inflating them into whole chapters of blissful grimdark sniffing.

Watson is bad - but not THAT bad.
>>
It'd put them at scions level.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.