[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Bestgeneral3.jpg (507 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bestgeneral3.jpg
507 KB, 1024x768
Monstergirls in power armour edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
>>48283425
Why doesn't GW force designers to actually work on codices that need work, a la a video game design studio? Because the current "They work on whatever they like" thing doesn't seem to be working.
>>
>>48283466
Because GW thinks it's valve?
>>
>>48283510
Valve has actual talent though. They can afford to work on minor bullshit + hats.
And I highly doubt GW even knows what Valve is.
>>
>>48283425
Orks need to be nerfed
It's pretty fucking ridiculous when my Eldar get shot down by 72 shots from rokkits
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (218 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
218 KB, 1200x1400
This thread needs bingo!

Today's free tile is: "Someone with an optimized list asking for more optimization"
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Ok /40kg/, post a picture of one of your models, and tell us a little about it.

This is one of the Rhinos from my temporarily retired Nurgle Warband. It's carried Plague Marines across many battlefields, and provided many overwatch-free charges for Chaos Spawn and Terminators.

it has a soft spot with me because it's the first vehicle I ever painted
>>
>>48283568
>FAQ Butthurt
Real talk though, that grenade thing is bullshit.
>>
>>48283568
>every WarConvo list ever
>>
>>48283590
>inb4 some lying sack of hit claims people interpreted it that way prior to the FAQ
>>
>>48283590
What happened? Shit, what'd these fuckers do?
>>
>>48283466
Because the suits have too much influence, and the studio vets that are still there are dipshits. They've gone with a 'clever' sales strategy, as opposed to just providing a quality product that sells itself.
>>
>>48283590
But thats how it was always interpreted before the FAQ.
>>
>>48283590
See
>>48283592
>>
>>48283466
That also has some problems. You know why nids have suck a horrible codex?

The guy who really liked IG Tanks was tasked with making their codex
>>
>>48283609
EVERYTHING. To put it simply, the FAQ was a chance for GW to make things better, but they deliberately chose to make as few changes as possible and fix everything. Instead they made a huge array of sweeping non-changes that often fail to even answer the original problem. And the few changes they did make simply made the game WORSE.

Literally the only thing they did good was give all dreadnoughts +2 attacks. There was an insufferably bad amount of bullshit.
>>
>>48283609
You can only throw one grenade in the assault and shooting phase
>>
I miss matt ward
>>
Repostan question because no replies last time:

Would it be kosher to play a small force of 30k auxilia allies to Stormtroopers in a 40k game?

I want melee scions desperately.
>>
>>48283645
Their drop pod faq created some idiotic RAW faggotry that is already being exploited in tournaments.
>>
>>48283664
I doubt anyone would mind except for some waac tard that thinks only he should have fun (a chance to win).
>>
>>48283654
From a fluff stand point that makes no sense.
>squad of Guardsmen, pinned down by a heavy-stubber nest
>they manage to crawl up to the nest
>about to throw in a few grenades
>the squad Sargent stops everybody but himself from throwing
>>
File: jzUxAv3.jpg (433 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
jzUxAv3.jpg
433 KB, 3264x2448
SOON GUYS. I just put in an order from Anvil Industries, and I'm waiting on confirmation from Statuesque miniatures. I already have 3 Spidergirls awaiting the parts to be finished as heavy weapon teams, and I now have 30 beastmen to serve as my first levy squads.

Much work is now being done on the Monstergirl army of imperial cults and militia. I will post more updates this coming weekend.
>>
>>48283592
Making grenades One Use Only would probably be better.
>>
>>48283664
Didn't you already ask /hhg/?
>>
>>48283697
True, but allowing a squad to throw 10 grenades increases their offensive capability beyond what is intended.
>>
https://discord.gg/FpVfNKp
>>
File: image.png (32 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32 KB, 1162x850
>>48283590
Yeah, but the tau butthurt on the stormsurge ruling made up for it and more.
The tears in the facebook comments are delicious. All the people begging GW to change it, or arguing that it should be D3 wounds instead
>>
>>48283702
Will there be BUSTS?

There better be BUSTS. On ABHUMANS. Who are ROUGH RIDERS.
>>
>>48283723
Why not just nerf the grenades then?
>>
>>48283720
I asked if there were actually any rules for it. I ask here to see if people would be generally okay with playing against it seeing as how there aren't any official rules on the interactions.
>>
>>48283736
They did
>>
>>48283723
I'd do what >>48283710 says and make grenades One Use Only, or just nerf grenades entirely.
>>
>>48283534
it's ridiculous that they have an upgrade that increases movement speed on their transports! Just the other day my opponent got into close combat by turn 3. it's Bull shit is what it is.
>>
>>48283664
Different allied matrices, makes things rather sticky.
>>
File: monster-operator-wolf-2.png (803 KB, 1500x1400) Image search: [Google]
monster-operator-wolf-2.png
803 KB, 1500x1400
>>48283734
No busty. My monstergirls will be tacticool operators who operate operationally in operational zones. There's also no options at all for me to take rough riders in Imperial Cults and Militia.

Let BUSTY anon make his rough riders. I'm going for Leman Russ tanks piloted by Wolfgirls.
>>
>>48283728
Seriously? Jesus christ Tau fags have no shame. If you're so absolutely beyond retarded that you allow your anchored Stormsurge to get tank shocked, you deserve to lose it.

Man Tau players and their self-centered stupidity are unreal.
>>
>>48283759
yeah, its fucking stupid. I hate it when my "friend" fields a stompa and it just tears apart my army. As Tau, I can't remove it off the table right away.
>>
>>48283702
bless you anon.
>>
>>48283592

>Ask instead why anyone thought they could use multiples in the assault phase but just accepted using just one in the shooting phase

Because it's how using grenades in assault worked in 5th edition and I would like to think 6th edition. I've always considered grenade usage in the shooting phase a minor addition which was mutually exclusive to using grenades in the assault phase.
>>
>>48283767
THIS IS A STRICTLY ANTHRO LEMAN RUSS TANK BOARD.
>>
File: image.gif (937 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
937 KB, 720x405
>>48283759
If an opponent reaches one of my Stormsurges or Riptides in 3 turns I just concede, I'm not wasting my time playing some waacfaggot.
>>
>>48283772
It's like "Now we have to put THOUGHT into our deployment of the 12" tall rocketspamming death machine! How could you do this to us, GW?"
>>
>>48283772
Seriously. Many tau fags litteraly said there was no reason to bring the stormsurge now, and all of them said that that part won't make it to the final draft, because reasons.
Tau are the fucking worst. At least marines and eldar acknowledge their codex is powerful, and don't bitch about nerfs (too often).
>>
>>48283778
Mob rule is the most OP part of the damn book. it's not fair that my marines have to wait a turn to regroup, when all my opponent has to do is kill a few models or be locked in combat.
>>
>>48283819
THIS SO MUCH
The new faq makes it so that stormsurges can actually get killed by other things, like fucking tanks, and they have to make descions about who to shoot before hand. The unit is absolutely worthless.
I'm really considering shelving my tau, no reason to play them. They're the absolute worst army in the game right now.
>>
>>48283677
Last I heard some dude made a list with FUCKING TWENTY-TWO DROP PODS and was able to turn something like more than half the table into impassable terrain.
>>
>>48283795
6th's line is "Only one grenade (of
any type) can be thrown by a unit per Shooting phase."
>>
>>48283837
Or just exploit the 1" rule, and drop 3-4 pods somewhere without opening some of the doors. Impassable los blocking terrain.

Or open the doors, and get 4.5" of free movement before you even disembark.
>"Measurement starts at the tip of the door"
>>
>>48283762
Their fluff and models would just be Scions, there's simply no rules for dedicated CC scions at all.
>>
Recommended army builder program?
>>
>>48283664
It wouldn't be really, but I sincerely doubt anyone would take issue with you doing so. Those melee auxilia look fantastic man, I can see why you want to use them so badly.
>>
Why aren't Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus one list? Will each list be getting new stuff soon?
>>
>>48283947
Pen, Paper & Calculator.
>>
>>48283899
It really is shocking how incompetent Games Workshop is when it comes to rules. How are they not embarrassed?
They have terrible leadership, and lose out on so much sales and growth due to their own failings.
>>
File: formation.png (54 KB, 652x1059) Image search: [Google]
formation.png
54 KB, 652x1059
>>48283947
Microsoft Excel
>>
>>48283960
>Why aren't Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus one list?
$$$$$
>>
>>48283947
Because there is one old faggot who wastes our Tax money on chinese plastic toys that posts on here will probably tell you to use pen and paper, the most widely used program is BattleScribe. There exists apps for both PC and Phones atm.
>>
>>48283878
Ork players get charge rerolls, HoW stock, and two(!) walkers with 5 wounds for only 230/45 points!
meanwhile I have to subtract one everytime I roll on the D table with my wraith guard.
GW isint even trying to balance the game.
>>
>>48283947
battlescribe is ok.
>>
>>48283954
I kind of want to try converting Scion models anyways.

I guess the Scions could be the Household retinue and the FW guys could be the Troops tercio.
>>
>>48283645
They did kill Gabriel Seth's Used Taxi Emporium though
>>
>>48283992
Not anymore. Now I just tell people to use their brain. It's just two numbers, the one you're holding in your head, and the one you're adding. All you have to do is memorize the entirety of your codex word for word, and setup pre-defined 'chunks' of your codex from which you can rapidly assemble an army the moment you arrive at the table. It's so simple a 5th grader can do it.
>>
Is there any good reason archons can't use reaver jetbikes?
>>
>>48283964
>How are they not embarrassed?
"Games Workshop is in the business of selling toy soldiers to children."

- Tom Kirby, (former) Chairman of Games Workshop PLC *He is still there, though.

They don't care. They do not care to see that the vehicle by which they sell their models is neglected and abused to the point to drives more people away than it attracts.
>>
I'm not sure how anyone interpreted the grenade rule differently. The rules say that a unit may elect to throw ONE grenade of either type, not a fucking shower of them

I guess I've missed out on a lot of 8"strength 6 shooting by my Zerks then, and a shit load of damage I could have done to Tau fag Fire Warrior unit with the frag grenades,
>>
>>48283994
I hear you man. I'm so sick and tired of having to park my Scatbikes in terrain so they dont get vaporized by Lootas.
1. Lootas are complete bullshit
2. It's not easy fitting 36 Scat Bikes in terrain; and I ALWAYS lose at least one to a failed test
3. This game is so broken. Fuck Orks.
>>
>>48284076
It's in regards to grenades in melee people are annoyed by.
>>
>>48283967
>"Okay Veterans, you did a great service to the Emperor for fighting on this planet so far."
>"We are now assigning you two chimera transports to go along with you on the battlefield to commend your 16hr survival time planetside."

Aye, Sir... But why are we marching in formation in front of them to the battle field?

>"Well, someone has to protect the Chimeras from incoming fire!"
>>
>>48284076
It's grenades in close combat that caused confusion, keep up.
>>
>>48284058
GW a cunt. FW not a cunt, run him as a jetbike Corsair Prince instead.

155 pts gets you
4A at S5 AP3 Rending
3+ armor
2++ shadowfield
ML1 divination for shadowfield rerolling shenanigans
Plasma and defensive grenades
Rage and Rampage, so up to 9A on the charge
2 splinter and 2 shuriken pistols
Reroll rally tests for corsairs within 12"

Literally just painting my Kabalites and Corsairs in the same scheme and saying they're fluffwise the same group. Archon-Princes and Dracon-Barons.
>>
>>48283710
Logical though that solution is, I wouldn't enjoy it game wise
Can I split my grenades, meaning I use 1/2 turn 2, 1/3 turn 3 and 1/6 turn 4? Then that means keeping track of which models used their grenades and which didn't, a paperwork nightmare if one of my similarly posed AssMarines gets shot

Are they one use, all against the same target? That sucks too, now I'm overkilling the first vehicle I come across while being unable to scratch any other
>>
>>48284082
>Loots
don't even say that name to me man. D3 str 7 shots 14 point model is crazy. and did you see the rules on that new flier!? the other day I was playing without any AA, and my opponents flier shot at my army the whole game.
>>
>>48284092
LOL! It's actually a visual shorthand to myself. Troops behind the vehicles are bubble wrap/deepstrike protectors/utility and objective holding footsloggers. Guys in front of the vehicle are riding inside.

I'll clarify that someday. When I stop being lazy.
>>
>>48284164
You'd be able to split grenades.

I don't see how it'd be any more of an issue than a 10 man Vanguard Vet squad with combi weapons.
>>
>>48283987
Nah, they just didn't want to roll out ALL of the Redboys at once, so they split the codex to create 2 separate roll outs
>>
>>48284185
>>48284082
How do you guys deal with fucking Nobs? The guy at my store always fields a fucking Rape-o-Naut with 6 fully kitted nobs and always proceeds to walk all the way across the field unscathed, because of bullshit vehicle rules, while blowing up all of my MCs and then unloading the nobs onto any group I send to deal with the Naut. Now that I can't fucking throw more then two grenades at once, I have zero fucking way of destroying the naut as either my eldar, spacemarine, or tau army. Every game my Warlord gets fucking whiped out by a nob'n'naut formation.
>>
>>48284082
Ok, I know we're all having fun shitposting, can we move on from this topic please?
>>
>>48284264
Wait what? Didn't ork suck just a couple of days ago. What change?
>>
>>48284095
That's just as retarded then. Did you really think you could just krakk grenade everything to death?
>>
>>48284288
Its how every edition prior to 7th worked.
>>
So I should probably just take krak grenades or meltas on my sarges from now on. He sits in the back anyways due to leadership, and I think I can compensate for the lowered range if it means one guy with infinite nades for one point.
>>
>>48284270
Oh look, another Apologetic Ork shitposter who can't fucking handle the fact this his codex is OP as shit. Atleast Tau Faggots know that their codex has really powerful units UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE.
>>
>>48284095
Yes but grenades in CC are now logically consistent with grenades in the shooting phase, as they should have always been. do keep up
>>
>>48284264
>Being this bad at Warhammer 40k

Oh my fucking god.
>>
>>48284245
Give every infantry model two different combi weapons and that's more like how it would play out.
>>
>>48284315
Found the Ork WAAC player/
>>
>>48284281
Read the goddamned thread. And get some ability to understand subtext, you autitst.
>>
>>48284245
The number of models expected to take Grenades is an order of magnitude higher than the number who even have the ability to take combis
>>
>>48284315
Fucking ork WAAC players. Always saying how the issue is that people don't know how to play right.
Your codex is broken. When my skyhammer with grav spam and SMASHFUCK PRIME and friends can't even kill one measly grot, your WAY past extremely over powered.
>>
File: image.gif (480 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
480 KB, 206x196
>>48284185
>>48284264
>>48284082

Sometimes I love this place.
>>
>>48284352
They could reduce the number of units that would have grenades.
>>
>>48284332
I play SoB everything tables me by turn 3, unless some how my flamers and meltas kill 70% of his army before that.

Every god damn game is a nightmare of broken shit.

I don't see a new codex, did you all really dependen on silly Grenades rules for dealing with them?

Grenades have always been for assaulting and destroying vehicles. Why did this edition thought it was a good idea to make them an additional shooting thingy is beyond me.
>>
Forgeworld is so fucking broken. GW needs to ban models from them in their stores. I was fielding three Storm Surges in a 1850 pickup game when I made the mistake of going against the local waac ork player. He brings out a large stack of printed facebook pages with small boxes with barely readable text inside. He then continues to field these fuckers and charges them at my storm surges. I end up missing because GW doesn't let me field enough markerlights and he gets ready a really low rez picture. He then proceeds to tell me that my storm surges are dead after doing a tank charge at each of them without making any rolls to dmg. I start to argue with him thats not how it works and then he shoves the paper in my face. I see that the FAQ states now that rooted stormsurges are removed if tankshocked....

Fuck this game man, we need GW to fucking sit down and balance this game.
>>
What are some house rules (general and faction specific) that everyone uses in their gaming groups?
>>
File: fuckoporks.jpg (46 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
fuckoporks.jpg
46 KB, 600x620
>>48284515
Here is what he was using
>>
>>48284520
SoBs don't roll for AoF
No invisibility (reroll if you get it)
Non-super heavies get -1 on the D chart
No Death from the Skies
>>
File: 1468336334052.jpg (42 KB, 699x491) Image search: [Google]
1468336334052.jpg
42 KB, 699x491
>breaching drill deepstriking into a deployed stormsurge
>>
>>48284520
We sometimes just give extra point to shit codexes
Call it a narrative battle, say SMs are holding off waves of Nids, then the SMs will get 1750 points and the Nids 2500
As long as the Nid player isn't a dick trying to bring 10 Flyrants.
>>
>>48284515
This has to be bait
>>
>>48284520
Up until the Space 0din fandex came out, we used to give all ork players a 25% handicap. So if the SM player had 2000 points, Orkbro used 2500. Now we have the GW orks codex outright banned.
>>
File: Untitled.png (90 KB, 237x185) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
90 KB, 237x185
>>48284569
BEHOLD! THE UNDERMINER!

He is always below you, but only Wraithknights are beneath him!
>>
>>48284569
Wait, this would work? What's the rules for Breaching Drills?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160715-001145.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2149) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160715-001145.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2149
>>48284694
Basic deep strike model with a small squad attached. After deploying from deepstrike, the next turn the squad can deploy without scatter from the hole
>>
>>48284410
>I play SoB everything tables me by turn 3, unless some how my flamers and meltas kill 70% of his army before that.
>Every god damn game is a nightmare of broken shit.
SoB are solid mid-teir. Lacking in options and support, but what you have is perfectly good. If you're actually getting tabled by anything that isn't top tier, esspecially stuff like orks, CSM and nids, then you need to get better as a player
>I don't see a new codex, did you all really dependen on silly Grenades rules for dealing with them?
Nothings happened. Everyone is just acting like orks are OP. It's funny, because nothing could be farther from the truth
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-21+at+08.32.54).jpg (77 KB, 1558x787) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-21+at+08.32.54).jpg
77 KB, 1558x787
>>48284745
> 100 points
> "If the template is placed in contact with an enemy unit, that unit suffers an immediate tank shock or ram attack"
> MFW
HOLY SHIT THIS IS GLORIOUS. FUCKING TAU WON'T EVER SEE IT COMING.
>>
>>48284768
>>48284745
>>48284668
I'm loving this
>>
>>48284768
He still has to be in a certain mode to die from that
>>
>>48284801
Yeah, basically pay 100 points to guarantee SS doesnt anchor. Which, if its vs. Guard, chances are it should be charging up the field anyway.
>>
>>48284801
It doesn't matter to me! I can just leave all three of the breaching drills in reserves! Just the threat of being gibbed will force the tau player to never shoot twice. Now he can just die to Beastslayer shells
>>
Does the veteran squad still come out of reserves if the breaching drill is destroyed?
>>
Is there a way to play Tau without these fuck huge models or are they basically too good not to take.
>>
>>48284831
They only can't come out if the drill is destroyed from a mishap or they suffer a mishap from deployment.
>>
>>48284852
Make an army that looks like this:

> 6 Fire warrior Squads
> 6 Devilfishes with bells and whistles
> Cadre Fireblade
> All the rest of your points put into models to support the above
>>
>>48284826
You could also scatter your DS no? And if the template scatters away from the SS, then nothing
>>
>>48284852
play firewarrior breachers and pathfinders in transports with only a few handfull of suits.
>>
>>48284852
Fire Warriors with invocations are in fact quite powerful
>>
>>48284867
The stormsurge is very large. The scatter can also be made more accurate with certain things, like Space marine allies with convenient teleport homers who drop down first. So you could have 3 tactical squad drop pods come down to provide targetting for your breacher drills to drop on the SS's with no scatter, guaranteeing some kills.
>>
>>48284867
It's not that he needs to gib the thing by deepstriking. It's the THREAT of deepstriking at any point during the first few turns that matters.
>>
>>48284867
Its going to be pretty hard to miss a stormsurge base. Also, the squad that comes with the drill isnt that bad and can be used for other things. it is only 100 points.
>>
>>48284761
Eldar and Necrons.
SoB are not mid tier. It is a bad codex. You just learn to play with way better.

40k needs to get back where the biggest thing you could field outside of retardidly large apocalypse game was a Monolith/Landraider.
Knights, Titans, super heavies, gargantuan, flayers, should have stay in Apocalypse grade games. The kind where you threw everything in your collection at the game.
>>
So apparently the Stormsurge was actually a huge gambit on GW's part to get everyone playing the Krieg army instead of vanella Cadians. Thus driving FW profits up a thousand fold!
>>
>>48284874
>>48284881
>>48284866
I was thinking something like the pirhana wing, the fire support wing, commander with two gaurds, and the rest fire warriors, and maybe one of those silly drone net things cause why not.

Thinking of ways to just boost tau str 5 to WS 4 or 5 cause I think it'd be funny?
>>
>>48284946
>Knights, Titans, super heavies, gargantuan, flayers

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. However, LOW needs to be expanded upon and alot of models need to be moved there and there needs to be a percentage limit like in 30k: 25% max of your army pointage can be LOWs.
>>
How do I play tabletop even though I don't have anything and have no models and I don't know anybody that plays?
>>
>>48285049
goto lgs, buy a start collecting box, engage small talk
>>
>>48285049
go to a place where people play and ask how its played, if they have an army you can use, i learned on 500 point marine mirrors this way
>>
Foe smiter is turning out to be my favorite relic, where do I find a bolter that's fancy.
>>
>>48285049
Have any friends that are interested? I started with a guy when we were both around 15 just by proxying Lego dudes as Guardsmen and Necrons.
>>
Any other Necron players here? I'm always so lonely because I'm the only one in my friend group and in my lgs. Even the tournaments and Campaign-Nights I've been too have featured everything from WAAC Eldar jet bike lists to extremely fluffy Ork lists, yet seemingly Necrons are nowhere to be found. I just need confirmation that I'm not alone in my love for skeletal robots.
>>
>>48285292
I play them, boy are they fun. I play iron tide, zero wraith, massive bodies of warriors with smaller squads of warriors inside ghost arks folooking behind. It's fun to have a wave of chrome painted dudes gauss squads of guard to oblivion.
>>
If anyone in Minnesota is interested in a team tourny there's one on the last Saturday of the month at legion games
>>
>>48283645
>give all dreadnoughts +2 attacks
They didn't give all dreadnoughts +2 attacks.

Oh wait, you think they made changes, and claims they haven't explained most of the rules properly. You are an idiot, why are you playing a game when your reading comprehension is this bad?
>>
>>48283723
But if only one guy gets them, then why the fuck do some units pay a price-per-model? That only makes any sort of sense if they can all use it, otherwise it should always be a fixed price for the entire unit.
>>
File: 1464816944892.png (44 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1464816944892.png
44 KB, 625x626
>>48285857
>>
>>48285883

Better question - Why would a model prefer to punch a tank with its fists when it has an anti-tank grenade available?

I understand this exists to bring anti-walker capabilities down - but the old rule of only being able to hit a walker with a grenade on a roll of a six existed for a reason. It's crazy they took it out considering the grenade FAQ.

Also if they're worried about grenades doing too much damage to vehicles, then why did they also remove the variable speed rule when hitting vehicles in close combat? IE back in 5th edition where models would hit a vehicle that moved combat speed at 4+ and vehicles at cruising speed on a 6+.

The level of abstraction needed to comprehend some of these rules is getting pretty absurd.
>>
>>48284568
>Non-super heavies get -2 on the D chart
Fixed
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 1024x701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 1024x701
So, anything new happen recently? What are you working on currently?

I need something to distract me from FW nerfing a unit that needed to be buffed. Is annoying.
>>
>>48286574
Currently waiting for paints and brushes that I just ordered.

I think I forgot to order my Master's Brush Cleaner. Shoot.
>>
>>48286574
need to base a bunch of models, and do some sculpting work for my converted obliterator and inquisitor.

the obliterator is pretty much together, just need to fill some gaps and add detail.

The inquisitor needs some hairoplasty.
>>
>>48286574
Just bought the 7th edition rule book for 40k along with the space marine codex, trying to figure out of I want to do imperial fists, salamanders, or Templars.
>>
File: 1462536360824.jpg (80 KB, 872x960) Image search: [Google]
1462536360824.jpg
80 KB, 872x960
>>48286574
Just finished scraping, cleaning, pruning, washing my deredeo. 24 hours of work tomorrow before I am released to freedom on the weekend. Gonna be real excited to prime this bad boy.

I'm loving how poseable these contemptor type dreadnoughts are, I have no idea what I want to do with it but I'm excited.
>>
>>48286696
>Templars
Man, I'm not even pissed anymore at the retcons or inability to use Crusader squads in formations. I'm just sad right now.
>>
>>48286709
I've been talking to peeps at my
Local store and they love Templars but tell me it's a hard army to use competitively. I want to have fun but also be able to use the army in tournaments.
>>
>>48286696
Do you like boltering the fuck out of stuff, painting yellow, and enjoy devastators, but wish they were better at fucking tanks to death from across the board? Do you enjoy building fortifications and also tearing them apart with siege weaponry?

Do you have a fetish for flamers, meltas, and wish you could master craft everything? Do you like a good close range firefight? Do you enjoy the ease with which green is painted onto armor?

Do you want to join the elite crew of choppy angry bastards in the not-choppy edition? Do you like knights templar imagery and want tremendous opportunity for customization and kitbashing for making knightly looking models? Do you kinda want to play a melee horde army, but also want to serve the Emperor?
>>
>>48286738
Problem is I can see myself enjoying all 3 playstyles. I generally prefer shooty, but the Templar lore is my favorite.
>>
>>48286756
>Canonically 1300 marines.
>>
>>48286738
I want relentless shooty jump infantry with a good number of base attacks so they can follow up the shooting phase with a powerful assault

I don't care if they are 1 W models and cost a fortune in points
>>
File: BT cents.jpg (92 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
BT cents.jpg
92 KB, 736x552
>>48286709
You didn't choose the house rule life, the house rule life chose you.
>>
>>48286783
Those look amazing for Centurions. The smaller, less retarded weapons really help out.
>>
>>48286768
...Death Company?

>>48286756
While shooty is doable with templars, they simply have no benefits to shooting like other marines (ultras, fists) might receive. Pretty much all the templar rules are based around running, charging, chopping, and fighting duels. Templars are... probably quite fun depending on how competitive the group you play with is. The best part about them to me is they have the straight up pimpest looking models and special characters. To play flavorfully you will be fighting up close and won't be very much for using ranged units. Salamanders and Imperial fists may focus on flamer and melta weaponry or on bolter and anti tank or siege units respectively, but they tend to be more adaptable if you want to take a combined arms approach to play to their strengths.

The most important thing is to pick dudes you like. In your heart you know who your dudes are, you just have to listen. If you don't pick the dudes you like, you'll get dude-regret and not wanna paint all your dudes. Don't get dude-regret dude.
>>
>>48286574
Almost done with my Solar Auxilia Storm unit to be used as my bunker for my Inquisitor. Kinda nice that they look like they have bolterlike weapons in terms of looks.

Quick question though, I loved the idea of storm bolters, but thinking about it, is it really worth the 2 ppm more than regular bolters? Assault 2 at the same range as Rapid fire... Triple the cost for 1 extra shot above half range seems overly expensive
>>
>>48286756
I >>48286832 am an imperial fists player, by the way. My salamander knowledge is limited. I feel for you though, I had to make your choice a while ago and it wasn't easy. Templars and fists are both super cool.
>>
Why the fuck can't my Farseer take a Scatter laser on his jetbike? He's walked all the goddamn paths of the Eldar, there is literally no reason he can't use it. Meanwhile, all Orks get to use power klaws like it was their basic melee weapon. Shit is so broken, my d-flamers should get the -1 removed to compensate.
>>
>>48286887
New bait?
>>
>>48286768
people do that with bikes now because its safer
>>
/tg/ im thinking about buying a fuck ton of tanks and making an IG mech army. Why wouldn't this be tons of fun? I've wanted baneblades since they first showed up on forgeworld.
>>
>>48286933
Because for 900 points you could have 300 conscripts.
>>
>>48286922
New joke, read the thread.
>>
>>48286946
Well, actually it's 1080 if we include all 6 basic unupgraded platoons to take said conscripts.
>>
What are the top three space marine chapters in melee?
>>
>>48287018
Carcharodons. For sure.

Dunno about the rest.
>>
File: 20160715_044927.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160715_044927.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>48283586
That's a very pleasant rhino, typhus.

This is my favorite tactical sgt. He looks unremarkable. He is never fielded with upgrades and fights in a minimal squad with a heavy bolter. He has never been killed.

Sent 2 squads of termagaunts off the field and killed a tervigon. Last remaining model on my field.

Held line in apocalypse game against orks and chaos after his squad was wiped out. He shows snake eyes for most morale checks and never falls back. Mowed down cultists, raptors, boyz, and a helbrute.

Killed a tomb spyder in melee, survived an entire round of shooting from a warrior squad and ghost ark. Charged and clobbered destroyer lord.

Against a khorne daemon player who knew of his prowess and attemped to slay him, was attacked by a squad of bloodletters. They failed their charge range and were mowed down.

I should really give him some new kit to reward him.
>>
>>48287096
Nice yellow Bruce.
>>
>>48283590

>Bullshit

It's not even an FAQ. What fucking retard needed clarification on how nades work? It says explicitly only one nade per unit with no ambiguity. The "FAQ" just says to read the god damn rule book.
>>
>>48283728

>tau butthurt

What are you talking about? The reactions have almost all been

>anchoring a stormsurge
>ever
>>
>>48283849

>marines
>Acknowledging their broken codex

Not on here they don't. The answer is always to scapegoat Tau and make excuses about how it\s just a few formations and units before shitting on Eldar.
>>
File: Holup.jpg (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Holup.jpg
62 KB, 250x250
>>48283586

That rust effect is straight boff, anon.
Tell me your secrets, o ePersonality.
>>
So we play mostly 1.200 point games, because we are just a group of friends who don't usually have a lot of time outside of work.

I have an inquisition army being built up. So far I barely have enough, and I am not sure hwo to finish out my army. So far it seems like even Anti-air haven't been an issue when someone decided to bring a flier against me, but I know I am missing *something* to round out my list properly. Help?

Inquisitorial Army (1061/1200 points)

Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (541pts)
HQ (100pts)
Inquisitor Coteaz

Elites (436pts)
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (147pts)
Psyker
7xAcolytes with Bolter, Flak Armour, Laspistol
3xAcolyte with flak Armour, Laspistol, Plasmagun
Chimera
Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition

Psyker
3xAcolyte with flak Armour, Laspistol, Plasmagun
Chimera

Psyker
3xAcolyte with flak Armour, Laspistol, Meltagun
Chimera

Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (520pts)
HQ (80pts)
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (80pts)
Carapace Armour, Force Sword, Needle Pistol, Psyker (Mastery Level 1), Ulumeanthi Plasma Syphon
Elites (440pts)
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (220pts)
10x Crusader, Psyker
Chimera
Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Psybolt Ammunition

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (220pts)
10x Death Cult Assassin, Psyker
Chimera
Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Psybolt Ammunition

This is everything I have, and I know I need to find some more stuff to add, but I have no idea what.
>>
>>48287365
More or less

Why the fuck would you? Sure, an additional shooting phase with the stormsurge... or you could just stomp on shit too tough to kill with its rather shitty guns.

The Stormsurge is good because of the Destroyer missiles bringing some much needed D to the table for Tau, something we have no access to elsewhere. But after they have been blown, the guns are lackluster, compared to the sheer damage it can do in close combat. Better to get it into close combat and stomp faggots to death.
>>
>>48287096
Arent 40k models really expensive down there in Australia?
>>
>>48287479
Pretty sure in Australia you can get FW for the same price as GW, which is why 30k and other FW stuff is popular there.
>>
File: 1459598394744.png (73 KB, 594x474) Image search: [Google]
1459598394744.png
73 KB, 594x474
>>48284569
Bueno
>>
>>48287455
>Bolter
You could swap out to Stormbolters. Better, and costs 3 points rather than 1. Adds a few points to your many bolterlytes.

Other than that, maybe replace a chimera with a Valkyrie. They are pretty damn good to use for transporting Death Cult assassins, and gives you some very solid anti-air.

Or, take an inquisitorial Land Raider Redeemer for your Death Cults, adds much the same, except for being an assault transport with grenades built in (This is very good) and 2 flamestorm cannons.

From my knowledge, psybolt ammunition doesn't benefit flamers, do they?
>>
>>48283645
>better
>worse

The FAQ's just explained how the rules are supposed to work.

The only changes are the ones on the Errata pages.
>>
>>48283908
Why does GW even bother with FAQ's when you can't read, it only applies to doors that CAN'T open.

So unless you do a trick where you glue 2-3 of the doors shut an dleave the other open for long deployment, no cigar.
>>
>>48284946
>Knights, Titans, super heavies, gargantuan
>SoB are not mid tier. It is a bad codex

But that's the meta they thrive in, 1/6 chance to ignore the D, melta out the wazoo, s8 ap1 rockets, full units of armourbane.
>>
>>48287506
>>48284569
>>48284745

It's not a vehicle any more though, changed to your beloved MC type, so instead it just gets d5+2 HoW attacks when it drills into something.
>>
File: 1420099790493.gif (3 MB, 164x267) Image search: [Google]
1420099790493.gif
3 MB, 164x267
>>48284946
>40k needs to get back where the biggest thing you could field outside of retardidly large apocalypse game was a Monolith/Landraider.

go play killteam.

seriously.

crying "the game needs to be like X because i dont like Y" makes you sound like a bitch.
>>
>>48287654
go play epic

seriously.

crying "the games need big shit to compensate for my tiny e-peen" makes you sound like a bitch.
>>
>>48287670
>"go play a game type that no one plays so i can have my safe space"

SH/GC are in the main rule book. Either adapt or fuck off to a different game.

>"hurr it must be because you have a small dick"

babby's first internet argument.
>>
File: 1464780613131.jpg (108 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1464780613131.jpg
108 KB, 512x512
>>48284946
Hello this is the /tg/ complaint department, have you considered tailoring the game to suit your needs and those of your gaming group instead of playing with rules you don't like?
>>
>>48287670
This.

To have things as big as titans and IK in a 28mm game just fuck things up.
>>
>>48283697
Well but a single soldier is equipped with one or two grenades, not one per turn.

>>48283710
What are you smoking?
I challenge you to play games with 30 Chaos Space marines. Each of them has 1 krak and one frag grenade. And the Champions have meltabombs as well. Care to remember who had what?
>>
>>48287648
Only changed for newest DKoK-list. IG and Assault Brigade still use the old rules.
>>
>>48287670
>crying "the games need big shit to compensate for my tiny e-peen" makes you sound like a bitch.

nigga, super heavies are the only things that i can play to get some edge. Sorry if my macharius/baneblade/crassus triggers you, i will put a trigger warning next time
>>
>>48287757
>Care to remember who had what?
Holy shit, are you legitimately retarded? You mean to tell me that you can neither remember, nor think of any way to make it clear who used what?

How the fuck do you manage to hold a job?
>>
>>48287712
knights are barely harder to kill than a land raider and cost almost twice as much.

i get that fighting 3+ of them can be impossible if your army wasn't set up for it, but ANY reasonably versatile army should be able to handle at least 1 or 2.

If your opponent puts a single knight on the table and you have nothing able to deal with it, you may want to re-evaluate your list.
>>
>>48287883
Land raiders can be exploded.
>>
>TFW Europoors still haven't gotten Battle for Vedros

I just want a fucking Ork starter GW, I like the convenience of having all my rules on one little sheet.
>>
>>48287919
That's a shit argument. You can't rely on explodes results, and even still an explodes result will get you d3 hull points on a knight.

Melta, armorbane and haywire still work just fine on them.
>>
>>48287866
I can but don't want to.

If you do not understand why using markers or making people remember little details like that in a game with over 100 miniatures per side (or >1000 in apocalypse) is a bad idea, you might want to apply to GW as rule designer, they seem to want to make their rules even worse these days.
>>
>>48287957
A knight can take from 2-6 Explodes to die
A land radier takes 1
That doesn't account for ion shield to cover the rear/most threatened direction or WS to defend from melee.

Knight at at least twice as tough as land raiders, av 14 doesn't mean much against Melta, armorbane and haywire.

Only time they're even close to being barely even is if they are surrounded on all sides with "death by plink" weapons.
>>
File: file.png (675 KB, 960x571) Image search: [Google]
file.png
675 KB, 960x571
>>48287932
They can keep it.
>>
>>48287968
A game lasts for 7 turns at most. You will almost always use all grenades for a given squad at once, given the chance.

If you cant keep track of it, you are an idiot, plain and simple.

I would suck at making rules, but that particular rule should never be an issue for anyone with normal mental faculties.
>>
>>48288013
WS is only 4.

I've had my knight popped in only one turn of shooting against every army in the game, and when it costs 25-33% of my army's points I feel it.

I'm not saying Knights suck or that they are weak, but calling them game breaking is retarded.
>>
>>48288131
>every army in the game
Really?
>>
>>48288175
Yep. Even Orks.

I don't run a super competitive list, because I actually like to have fun. It just sticks in my craw when people cry about Knights like they're unkillable or broken.
>>
>>48288259
People complain about all knight armies, not armies where only 25% of them are super heavies.
>>
>>48288063
>A game lasts for 7 turns at most. You will almost always use all grenades for a given squad at once, given the chance.

Think more and call others idiots less.
You are thinking of krak grenades. Not including those thrown, thrown in overwatch etc. And what about previous losses?. What if you have 6 squads on the table. And no you would not always use all. Especially when popping rhinos it might be better to use only some. (2/3 hit + 1/2 glance = 1/3 to strip a HP)

Also it does not mitigate the problem that walkers/MC suddenly face 10+ S6 AP4 attacks making IG squads a real threat to them. 60pt IG squads.
What about frag.
Do you use one when assaulting inot cover?
Do you think its fair to use 1 from a squad to get assault grenade boni but 1 from an IC does not?

>I would suck at making rules,
Yes
>>
>>48287609
>Why does GW even bother with FAQ's when you can't read, it only applies to doors that CAN'T open.
>So unless you do a trick where you glue 2-3 of the doors shut

Thats exactly what people are doing you fucking smart assed little faggot.
>>
>>48287471
>The Stormsurge is good because of the Destroyer missiles bringing some much needed D to the table for Tau, something we have no access to elsewhere

How many armies do you think have ranged D you dicksucking retard? Jesus christ you Taufags are unbelievable.
>>
>>48288330
>Thats exactly what people are doing you fucking smart assed little faggot.

Real people? Or just the hypothetical people that "ruin the game and keep you from bothering to actually play"?
>>
>>48288276
People who complain about all knight armies havent played against them because they are automatically associate those lists as too powerful. In reality, knight lists are pushovers if you brought enough anti-armor, which you should have since every army and their mother has 30+ tank killing options.
>>
>>48288341
He didnt speak about ranged D but just D.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>48287365
>implying
>>
>>48286574
Recently traded all my tau shit for my friend's imperial guard.
Gonna turn all the infantry into acolytes for my inquisitor, and then use the vehicles as a starting point to get my Krieg army started up for good.

Also just patiently waiting to be allowed to bring my 30k mechanicum to 40k.
>Please let me keep bringing Scoria FW.
>>
>>48287670
Let me guess, you think 40k is only supposed to be a skirmish game as well, right?
If you don't like superheavies, don't play them or play with people who play them. Don't try and force what you enjoy on everyone else. A huge part of the appeal of 40k is that it's one of the few wargames that allows you to have such varied armies and battles, from tiny kill team games to massive apocalypse ones.
Having the option to use SH and GC doesn't force you to use them, but not having the option does force the people who like them to not use them. The more options, the better.
>>
>>48288356
Real people are doing it anon. The ruling is already being exploited in tournament play. Drop pods are being used as los blocking impassable terrain, and people are gluing doors shut in order to accomplish this.

And I play once a week, so Im not sure what you're talking about. Perhaps you have me confused with another anon.
>>
>>48288357
>every army and their mother has 30+ tank killing options.
Spam s7/8, hoping to roll at least 2 5s on a 2d6 roll or walking to melee.

That's not 30.
>>
>>48288456
>Having the option to use SH and GC doesn't force you to use them, but not having the option does force the people who like them to not use them. The more options, the better.

2500+ cutoff point worked fine.
>>
>>48288366
>Imperial Armies have access to assault only str D on an AV based platform
>better give the Stormsurge 4 str D missiles
>>
>>48288414
I love how they think a rhino or, god forbid, an ork truck, is just going to drive across the board uncontested and run right over their precious mech.
>>
File: 1465577555546.gif (3 MB, 368x349) Image search: [Google]
1465577555546.gif
3 MB, 368x349
>>48287710
this

have a random
>>
File: 1460299198309.png (75 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1460299198309.png
75 KB, 983x1013
>>48288414
>all of these tears
>>
>>48288454
No way they are going to bring the special characters.

If I have to take a guess, they are going to bring... pretty much the whole 30k Mechanicum arsenal. All of those still DO exist 40k but are just rare and almost heretical in some aspects.
>>
>>48288454
>>Please let me keep bringing Scoria FW.
As awesome as that wluld be, I doub the new IA would allow it. It's only loyalists ad mech, not dark mech.

Which is bullshit by the way. This imperial armor should have been CSM, chaos renegades and dark mech vs loyalists space marines, gaurd and ad mech. It should have been allowing the 30k stuff to be played by all the 40k equivalents. chaos could use the boost, and who the hell doesn't want dark mech to finnaly be a thing? I'm a fucking loyalists player to the end, and even I want them to finnaly have a table top equivalent.
And lord knows tau didn't need anything more.
>>
>>48288485
>precious mech

You mean creature. Gargantuan Creature. Just ignore the two pilots clearly visible sitting in an exposed cockpit up there....
>>
>>48288481
They are just S8ap1 missiles without ample markerlight support. And every player worth his salt knows to supress markerslights first anyway. I've faced tau many times and killing the markerlights are almost always the way to go since they are so massive force multiplier for the Tau army.
>>
>>48288467
>You need to roll 17, 18 pen in order to dmg AV13

Go get a rulebook.
>>
>>48288500
>No way they are going to bring the special characters.
A man can dream.
Atleast 30k Magos's are one of the most likely people to survive into the 41st millenium.
I know they're probably not gonna do it.

I just want more scary robutts to play around with.

>>48288508
>Chaos should be allowed some of the 30k mechanicum untis for more dark admech
I actually wouldnt mind that.
Also always wanted a Slaaneshi dark mech force, but i wonder how'd they'd make them different to the admech we already have... besides giving daemon 5++ to all vehicles.
>>
>>48288476
>2500+ cutoff point worked fine
Maybe for you. Some of us have a great deal of models, and want to be able to field massive armies at times. If you don't like anything more than 2500, then don't agree to play anything more than that. Don't force some arbitrary restriction on everyone else because you personally don't like something. That's must selfish, and frankly, childish.
>>
>>48288534
Well, if they do add dark mechanicum, I hope its different unit upgrades and units rather then admech codex+ free chaos bonus
>>
>>48288496
It is quite wonderful, isn't it?
>>48288485
This is the ar,y that has had players litterally say "if I can't kill it in one turn, then it's worthless"
Tau are not the kind who are good at strategy, or long term thinking.
>>
>>48283640
...the sad thing is that if it were me making the 'nid codex, it would probably end up being GenestealerCodex.gif for about half of it.
>>
>>48288545
>Don't force some arbitrary restriction on everyone else because you personally don't like something.
That's how tidestar and wkspam defend themselves too.
>>
>>48288585
>That's how tidestar and wkspam defend themselves too.
Not an arguement.
>>
File: a2.jpg (55 KB, 358x532) Image search: [Google]
a2.jpg
55 KB, 358x532
>>48288585
>>
>>48288563
>Tau are not the kind who are good at strategy, or long term thinking.

So?
Personally I prefer an army that can respond to a changing battlefield, I'd hate an army that played like a locomotive, rolling on rail and unable to change direction or even make fast stops.
>>
>>48288414
Get FUCKED Taufags

Any faggot that bought a Stormsurge deserves to have it crushed. in game or otherwise
>>
I really want to start playing 40k but everyone is so horrible about tau (who I want to play) I think its not worth it.
>>
>>48288635
>"Tau players are retards"

>So?
>I prefer to play an army that only requires me to point and click
>Movement, and thinking a turn or two ahead are both outside my comfort zone - and capability

Who replies with 'so what, I'm a retard' when accused of being a retard? Come on Taufags, you're taking the drooling mongloid stereotype too seriously.
>>
>>48288721
Okay, Good bye!
>>
>>48288721
See ya
>>
>>48288456
>A huge part of the appeal of 40k is that it's one of the few wargames that allows you to have such varied armies and battles, from tiny kill team games to massive apocalypse ones.
Yeah, but it does all of that poorly. Boards are too small and the rules are too fiddly for massive, apocalypse size engagements, while the system isn't granular enough or complex enough for kill team level engagements.

I'd rather Superheavies be removed or heavily limited in the core game so that the game can be more properly focused around mid level games.
>>
>>48288721
Yeah just stay the fuck away then. The playerbase doesnt need another mouthbreathing waacfaggot.
>>
What codexes even have the D?

Daemons have ranged D in the Tzeentch spells and melee D in Khorne HQ's.

Eldar have ranged and melee D all over the place.

Tau get ranged D.

Space Marines get a single relic with melee D.

Knights get melee D.

Do C'tan have random access to the D?
>>
File: Solar-Auxilia.jpg (228 KB, 800x570) Image search: [Google]
Solar-Auxilia.jpg
228 KB, 800x570
>>48288721
Good (wo)man. Play SA, Vosroyan Firstborn, or Mordians.
>>
>>48288765
Heralds of Ruin is a popular Kill Team ruleset with its own lists, including several armies that dont exist in 40k proper.
They also made several adjustments to the rules which make it vastly superior to GW's 250 point shitshow.
>>
>>48288654

What if I destroy your vehicles way before you are within 12, or I never anchor my Stormsurge?
>>
>>48288721
Fuck the haters. In real life, people arent this spergy. And if they are... just disregard those autistic faglords.
>>
>>48288341
Most armies do. With knights available to Chaos, pretty much all armies have access to the D outside of the lowest tier armies.

>Marines don't, hurr

Yes they do, taking an allied formation available freely to them that adds 1 to 3 Knights does count, you cockgargling faggot.
>>
>>48288765
>Boards are too small

You do know that you can put two boards together right?
>>
>>48288721

Play Kroot then, if you are this beta.
>>
>>48288808
I'm well aware of that, but HoR has some pretty major flaws of its own. It's still a D6 system, and it's still shackled to GW's shitty rules.

The fact that a 3rd party has their own pseudo-system to try to fix GW's mess is hardly a good selling point for 40k.
>>
>>48288823
>Knights
>ranged D
>>
Question on Jetbikes and measuring (and regarding hit allocation). As we know Eldar and DE bikes are rather long and are provided with small flying bases. Do you guys measure
From the base of the bike to allocate range/movement/hit allocation, or the actual model itself? It seems the rules seem to imply the bases as they aren't vehicles but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>48288736
What can I say?

My plans never work out so I stopped bothering, instead I take the game's event's as they come.

And to be honest I play Orks, lower expectations so I have little way to fall when I fail.
>>
What will be the stats and equipment of Farsight Post-Apotheosis. What about Shadowsun, once she gets stuck in a Ghostkeel?
>>
>>48288357
I have, and yeah, I managed to draw the game, but even if I had won, i would still have declined games with similar armies in the future. Because even with a lot of anti-tank weapons, it STILL sucks to have 70% of your army rendered useless. I don't care if those 30% are enough, the fact that the last 70% might aswell not be there is annoying as fuck.
>>
File: image.gif (444 KB, 187x134) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
444 KB, 187x134
>>48288813
>in real life, people arent this spergy

True, people are more of a 'reluctant acceptance' attitude in real life.

So if you dont mind being the guy people roll their eyes at, only play against when theres no other option, and secretly despise - then go for it. Play Tau and add your name to the growing list of dicksucking faggots with questionable social awareness.

But hey, at least 40k will be super easy for you to play, right? And thats what matters at the end of the day, fuck the guys you're playing with, its your world, theyre just living in it.
>>
"Overwatch fire now counts as firing at 4".

How would it change the game?
>>
>>48288823
>a single str D melee weapon on an AV platform

Better give Tau four ranged D weapons!
>>
>>48288887
No idea what it's supposed to mean so couldn't tell you.
>>
>>48288885
>But hey, at least 40k will be super easy for you to play, right?
HAHAHA. Pure Tau are tier2 army, losing to tier1 stuff easily.

Even I can beat optimized Tau list with my IG. Granted, I take options that are good against stuff that Tau brings since those same options work against many other threats I have to face.
>>
>>48288887
Fuck off, Taufaggot. CC is already fucked enough without Breacher's gutting any charge that occurs with Supporting Fire range.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.