[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you dark fantasize the Forgotten Realms? Looking for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: icewindale.jpg (355 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
icewindale.jpg
355 KB, 1024x768
How would you dark fantasize the Forgotten Realms? Looking for some grim shit.
>>
Forgotten Realms is a low latitude setting so most people are dark.
>>
>>48283141
>fantasize
Man, using it in verb form like that is really confusing. I can't tell whether or not I think it sounds cool or not.
>>
I really would like it if Forgotten Realms were just destroyed and forgotten about. It was fun back in the Crystal Shard days with the old art but its so full of vidya shit it's not even worth playing anymore.

Fucking cancer. But then pretty much every Wizards of the Coast setting except for Grayhawk was cancer.
>>
>>48283276
Glad you liked it. Or not.
>>
>>48283339
Well, last time I checked, nobody obliterated every copy of the original Grey Box, nor does WotC send a committee to every gaming group to make sure they're playing the most recent version of the setting, sooo...kinda failing to see the problem here.
>>
>>48283141
Put the focus on what's been lost. Pretty much everywhere is build on something that fell apart, due to war, or monsters, or magic, or people being assholes to each other, or just the fucking weather changing.
Terrible things can happen at a moments notice. At the end of summer, a hundred dragons could come flying out of the north and terrorize a region. You could show up in an area to find that every settlement within 200 miles has been devastated by attacks from above. Crazy shit like that.
In the old days, 1e and 2e, Elves and Dwarves were fading from the world. Elves were in Retreat, meaning they were abandoning most of their homes to go live elsewhere - there's an entire fucking region of humans that actually depended on living right next to a big Elven court. And the Dwarves are dying out due to low birthrates and too many wars - they've lost most of their settlements, most of the Kings are actually 'King-in-Exile', and so on. (This got changed in later editions, but there's no reason to hold onto that change).
Just some basic, top-of-my-head thoughts on it.
>>
>>48285660
this anon get's it. forgotten realms sans protagonist bullshit is actually a really horrible place to live. take drizzit and all his clones, and then imagine just how shitty the world would be if all these special snowflake drow weren't saving the day every five minutes
>>
>>48283141
why is Drizzt a nigger instead of a drow in this picture?
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 600x549
>>48283141
> Everyone has aids
> Mages rely on being cucked for their power, the more cucked they get the stronger they become
> [insert black people joke]
>>
>>48285732
Seriously, the 'here's the last two years' section in the original boxed set is amazing. Dragons came down from the sky, devils were running amok on a major trade route, two Viking cultures went full scorched-earth in their war with each other...great stuff.
Hell, assuming you ignore the bullshit novels, and bullshit adventures, and bullshit computer games, even the NPCs aren't too bad - as described before the 3e book, they're basically just retired adventurers and grumpy old assholes, not world-saving living macguffins.
There's a couple lenses that can be applied to Faerun. 'Dark' may not be the most obvious, but it's totally there.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.