[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #953: This Edition Is Shaped Like A Friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48255231
>>
File: Haha time for friendship.png (511 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Haha time for friendship.png
511 KB, 1280x720
>>48270532
Did somebody say Friendship?
>>
>>48270532
Who is the best bro you can find in jumpchain.
>>
>>48270555
Solaire, obviously.
>>
>>48270564
You're not wrong.
>>
>>48270555
The best I've found so far is Ainz Ooal Gown, but I'm a bit biased, since he and the others in Nazarick saved me.
>>
>>48270564
Nah, it's this guy. Even though he doesn't exist. He is still best bro.
>>
If Dick and Head are about, any chance of the Counter-Strike jump getting a +0cp Filthy Casual drawback or similar which removes the fail condition, presumably at the cost of missing out on the Global Elite rewards (or maybe you can't get points for taking other drawbacks, or both, or something else)?
>>
File: Redemption.jpg (37 KB, 736x954) Image search: [Google]
Redemption.jpg
37 KB, 736x954
>>48270604
>>48270564
Another option is Frisk.
>>
Which settings hand out free starships? So far I've got;
1. Light of Terra
2. Outlaw Star
3. Star Wars: Original Trilogy
4. FTL: Faster Than Light
5. Homewolrd
6. Sins of a Solar Empire
>>
File: g4udxwK.jpg (68 KB, 452x803) Image search: [Google]
g4udxwK.jpg
68 KB, 452x803
(Chronicles of Riddick)
-Background: Holy Man (Free) -Faith is important to mental strength.
-Beautiful Eyes (800CP) -Though honestly, I kind of like the idea of neat eyes.
-Head In A Box (600CP) -Understanding people is also important.
-Knowledge of the Faith (Free) -And respect for other cultures is needed.
-Necromonger Technology (200CP) -But honestly, this seems neat.
-Goggles (Free) -Protecting my eyes are good.
-25,000 Credits (Free) -Also, some money is nice.
-A Lavish House (0CP) (Discount) -AAAAND SOME LUXURY ITEMS.
-Too Bright (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 30 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

I think we all know that I have no idea what I'm doing, based on my mistake of not buying any capstones and more or less going straight for a gimmick build of being a luxurious holy person who teaches love and peace to everyone around. While having fucking crazy eyes and understanding Necromonger technology.
>>
So it's been something like fifteen years since I last read any of the Narnia books, and I don't remember them too well. Could someone tell me which time period would be the safest? Because Chronicles of Narnia has a lot of very nice psychological protection perks, and I kind of want to make it my first jump to prepare my mind for the millennia of jumping.
>>
>>48270631
Frisk, Asriel, Sans, and Papyrus are tied for best bros. Seriously, from a child that saves and befriends an entire race that wanted humans dead, to a kid who loved his adopted sibling so much he would do anything for them, even risk his life, to a skeleton that looks after his loved ones, even if he thinks it won't matter in the end, to a skeleton that can not, and WILL not, hurt anyone, seeking to be everyone's friend. All great bros.
>>
File: Chara.jpg (84 KB, 406x600) Image search: [Google]
Chara.jpg
84 KB, 406x600
>>48270726
Chara has the potential to be a good person, depending on how to interpret their Story. I brought them back to life and helped them find Redemption. They lived with Frisk and Asriel as Siblings, with Toriel as their Mom.
>>
>>48270658
Supreme Commander if you go Drop-In gives you a derelict (but still usable) spaceship, though it's unclear whether it actually has FTL itself and thus would qualify as a starship.
>>
>>48270658
R-Type gives you one for free if you go with the general background. Another background there gets a space-capable transport and everyone gets a fighter for free, but that isn't really what you're looking for.
>>
>>48270745
Supreme Commander uses Jump Gates for interstellar travel right? So the ship probably wouldn't have FTL.

>>48270787
Thanks, and fighters work too. I'm looking for any spaceship that's free.
>>
>>48270807
The ship is from the days before the Quantum Gate Network was established. It might be a relativistic ship, but given that it states that it was built to transport ACUs to the battlefield I'd assume it has FTL. Not much point in a combat transport that takes 15 years to get you to where the engagement is happening.
>>
Rolled 180, 237 = 417 (2d595)

>>
>>48270706
Meh, just start with the first book and skip out on the war. They have a long period of peace after.
>>
>>48270807
Originally such a ship would've had the ability to build its own gates, but as described the derelict would appear to have been stripped of that system.

>>48270853
Yeah, the ship would certainly be capable of relativistic flight, but SupCom FTL is all quantum teleportation. It's just if you've got a Gate at both ends it's magnitudes less energy-intensive than if you have to do a jump from a Gate to an arbitrary destination.
>>
Anything that'd allow my ship to survive ramming into a planet (besides out-massing it)? Assume terminal velocity.
>>
>>48270963
There's a perk in Vandread that's specifically for ramming things at high speed without harming your ship.
>>
Is taking the programmer origin in Generic Virtual World basically a death sentence?
>>
Guess what?
>>
>>48270981
Thanks!>>48270992
>>48270992
>>
>>48270992
No. Tell me.
>>
>>48270992
Chicken butt.
>>
>>48270992
Why?
>>
>>48271011
CHICKEN THIGH.
>>
>>48270992
8-----------<
>>
>>48271023
Ow. That looks painful -- is it?
>>
File: Great Grey Wolf Puppy.png (118 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
Great Grey Wolf Puppy.png
118 KB, 500x413
>>48270555
I picked up a Great Grey Wolf in Dark Souls, dude is a great buddy.
>>
>>48270555
BallsDeep69.
>>
>>48270787
>R-type
I maintain that the most interesting thing about that jump are the bydo and their crazy biology and humanity's crazy technology.
>>
>>48271125
You should bring them to One Piece and teach them the Three Sword Style. Then laugh as people figure out how to fight a wolf with three swords in its mouth.
>>
>>48271132
Klein?
>>
>>48271163
Balls. Deep. 69.
>>
>>48271172
Sir?
Are you BallsDeep69?
>>
What are your opinions on this:

I'm looking at the Transformers Jump, and I can get a Scout chassis for free, but what I want for my robo-alt form is too large for that chassis (a fighter jet).

However, if I apply height boosting perks from other jumps, I can easily get the size I need.

It's a fairly simple work around which does not necessitate me buying the 400 point Large Chassis, but I'm not too sure if goes against what was intended?

What do you guys think?
>>
>>48271136
Well, fucking obviously. That's like saying the most interesting thing about Smite are the fucking gods, of course it fucking is.
>>
>>48271215
I'm fine with that. Tranformers shift size when they transform all the time. Megatron used to turn into a pistol.
>>
>>48271215
Usually purchases operate solely on what's within the singular jump, stuff from previous jumps don't work as prerequisites unless stated otherwise. So in this case you'd basically have to hope Manyfist takes mercy on you.
>>
>>48271132
>>48271172
Thank you for introducing me to this abridged series.
>>
>>48271215
Honestly, ignore the bullshit with the size restrictions, even the large chassis is too small for most fighter plane's wingspan by a longshot. To put it in perspective, the maximum wingspan you can get for a fighter jet is 14m. The SWEPT wingspan for an F-14 is 12m. Read: the wingspan it can't fly with.
>>
What are some good perks for surviving the SAO helmet after dying in game?
>>
>>48271256
You're welcome, anon. Remember, best purchase in the jump.
>>
>>48271302
fuck off and find them yourself, powerwanker
>>
>>48271302
Anomalous Physiology from SCP, Omega-Level Regeneration from X-Men, Onega-Level Self Molecular Manipulation from X-Men, an alt form that lacks a classical brain to fry, etc.
>>
>>48271339
Wow, rude.

>>48271302
My suggestion would be a perk that reinforces your nervous system or makes it redundant. Anomalous Physiology from SCP might work, for example.
>>
File: Hello Again.jpg (9 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
Hello Again.jpg
9 KB, 324x324
>>48271339
>>
>>48271302
Good Technokinesis or Hacking Perks to remove the lethal consequences for everyone.
>>48271339
What does that even have to do with powerwanking? He's asking how to beat a helmet. Not even a special helmet, a gaming device made of plastic and metal that only presents a threat in terms of microwaving your brain.
>>
>>48271302
Be a Star Wars Gen'dai? That race has had at least one 'kiss the sun' which I take as a colloquies for being sent into hard vacuum close enough to a sun to challenge the shields of the ship he was on, not actually full contact with the sun. Not sure how he survived that but there was some cybernetics needed afterward.
>>
>>48271302
It is a little surprising that there isn't a perk like that in the jump.
>>
>>48271344
>>48271348
I wonder if just having enough durability perks would help?
>>
>>48271370
People like this are always searching for skeevy ways to get around limitations, and they're even too lazy to think of them themselves. If you ask me, dying in the game should result in a fiat-enforced death and end your chain, but of course these threads have gone to shit and are currently filled with moralless scumbags, so that would never come to pass.
>>
>>48271438
>skeevy
>moraless scumbag

Timmy. Find a therapist. Talking this negatively about yourself isn't healthy.
>>
>>48271316
I really wish that there was an option to jump the abridged version.
>>
>>48271453
I thought that was the All Out of Mercy drawback. Am I wrong?
>>
>>48271468
>Fresh out of Mercy: He’s unstable, your existence triggers his PTSD (violently so), and he has all your Perks. Somehow.
>>
>>48271482
It has been far too long since SAO Jump.jpeg

There are no mountains Captcha only trains!
>>
>>48270658
How big can that hangar get KOTOR?

I've got something 300x300x70 meters, and while I get your rules on the hangar, I can take the specs for that ship and upgrade the star wars one to those specs. The hangar would simply be more convenient compared to my current set up.
>>
>>48271426
If you could stick your head in a microwave and not get severe brain damage, you're okay.
>>48271438
Nobody was asking you, by the way. If you wanted that to be the ruling, you should have made your objection as the Jump was being made, rather than calling everyone amoral scumbags for wanting to do things you seem to think are Powerwanking, like circumventing an overglorified Oculus Rift with a Microwave attached's murder mode.
>>
>>48271525
Didn't he say that it would always be big enough for your ship no matter how big it gets?
>>
>>48271538
He might have in the thread, but not in the document itself.
>>
File: blue dragon is terrifying.jpg (80 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
blue dragon is terrifying.jpg
80 KB, 800x600
what happens if you use dark binding to eat a Hollow?
>>
What are some good aura type powers?
Stuff like Cognitohazardous from SCP and Aspect Cultivation from Lord of Light
>>
>>48271567
Nen (Hunter x Hunter)
Aura (RWBY)
Shinsoo Manipulation (Tower of God)
Mantra (Asura's Wrath)
That's all that come immediately to mind.
>>
>>48271567
Stay Healthy from Chrono Trigger, Travelers Light from Destiny, or Bloodlust from Assassination Classroom.
>>
File: sideglance.png (248 KB, 435x488) Image search: [Google]
sideglance.png
248 KB, 435x488
>>48270912
This.

First book's danger is literally just Jadis beating random people up, mugging a jewelry store, fighting the police and generally having a very long nigga moment after she notices her magic doesn't work on Earth.

And once she gets to Narnia, she...basically gets dimensional travel seasickness so she gives up trying to conquer everything for a while.

You're completely safe as long as you stay the fuck out of Charn and can outrun a woman who can casually rip a lamppost out of the ground as an improvised weapon.

>>48270555
Well, the obvious choice has been announced but apparently that Mr Rogers person people brought up ages ago is the only person, real or fictional, I remember having unanimous praise for by the entire thread. And is companionable in the Generic Children's Show jump.

Also apparently there's someone called Gentaro in Kamen Rider Neo Hessei who, every time I've asked anyone who knows about the show, has been described as an infinite font of friendship.

...Look, I'm really out of my depth here, IC and OOC. I guess Belial & Nabaros from DS1/SMT, the versions of Palpatine/Grievous from Auralnauts' Star Wars and lots of JoJo characters but especially Johnathan Joestar are also pretty cool? The only guy I can definitely vouch for, Michael Carpenter, would a) need a pod and b) wouldn't leave his family/God-given duty behind.
>>
Warhammer 40k Orks Edition When?
>>
>>48271628
The archivist Brutus is working on it.

Along with Star Wars The Old Republic.
>>
249. Guardians of Ga'Hoole
Origin: Drop-In, Species: As You Were (-100)
Perks: Prehensility (-100), Nurse-Maid, Gadfeather (-100), Silent Wing (-200), Hot Coals for Gizzard Stones (-400)
Items: A History Of Ga'Hoole by Lyze of Kiel, Ember (-100)
Import (-200)
Drawbacks: The Ground is Dangerous (+200)

Stalwarts: Guardian Typical Owls, Instinct, Prehensility (-100), Chaw [Weather Interpretation], Colliering Chaw (-100), Hot Coals For Gizzard Stones (-200)
Roberta: Guardian Pure Tyto (-100), Instinct, Prehensility, Chaw [Search and Rescue], Raptor (-300)
SoB: Guardian Typical Owl, Instinct, Prehensility, Chaw [Blacksmithing], Red Glare (-100), Silent Wing (-100), Hot Coals For Gizzard Stones (-200)
Isaac: Drop-In Typical Owl, Instinct, Prehensility, Nurse Maid, Higher Magnetics Spronk (-200), Ryb of Blacksmithing (-200)
Toby: Denizen Peacock, Instinct, Prehensility, Strong Gizzard, Jumper Who Doubts (-100), Gizzard Flying (-300)
Kerbals: Pure One Pure Tyto (-100), Instinct, Prehensility, Nachtmagen (-300)
Chris: Guardian Peacock, Instinct, Prehensility, Chaw [Search and Rescue], Red Glare (-100), Silent Wing (-100), Hot Coals For Gizzard Stones (-200)
Argit: Denizen Bat, Instinct, Prehensility, Strong Gizzard, Jumper Who Doubts (-100), Gizzard Flying (-300)

>I can survive a small nuke
>There's an earthly predator that can hurt me
I never touched the ground. Not fucking once. I don't know what this creature is but I want approximately no part in it's existence. It's not even worth animorphing into. I nearly touched the ground once and used the geokinesis from Teen Titans to move the ground.

I spent the rest of the time chilling with owls, who instinctively recognize me as prey. It was actually pretty cool. They had all the best stories, and neat tricks, and while they didn't exactly trust me at first I just used Redwood Soldier Meditation to hide in the tree when they began getting me. I'm very good for the health of trees.
>>
>>48271562
You get a familiar that is a Hollow. They're just souls.
>>
File: chuckle.png (227 KB, 595x496) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.png
227 KB, 595x496
>>48271663
>I can survive a small nuke
>There's an earthly predator that can hurt me

Good lord, you seem to be hunted by Manbearpig.
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.full.639235.jpg (316 KB, 842x686) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.full.639235.jpg
316 KB, 842x686
>>48271603
Anti, the first book was The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
That's the one where the kids find a wardrobe and murder Jadis after she tries to get a kid hooked on magical heroin chocolates.
After Jadis dies, all four kids became monarchs of Narnia, and they spend something like forty years or more just doing that while the whole realm lives in peace. Then they accidentally find the way back home and fall out of the wardrobe the same age as when they left.
So, if you decide to pop in in the first book, you can just fuck off while Jadis is getting killed, and then you're just in a huge section of peace and tranquility where nothing happens.

The book you're thinking of is called The Magician's Nephew, and is actually the sixth book in the series.
Although everything else you said is correct.

>>48270555
I'm gonna second Frisk from Undertale, mainly just because I don't know who any of these other people are, and Frisk is pretty great.

I didn't companion him, because that probably would have ended up causing me to become a better person.
Lord knows we can't have that.
>>
And I'm back! Forgot my name sorry! I was this guy >>48271628.

>>48271652
Didn't know that, thanks.

I've been working on a weapon of massive destruction that I'm calling either God's Revolver or Chekhov's Gun.
It started as the GBE (Blame!) which I have since fused with the tracking gun pointed out by this guy >>48052946, the way I fuse my weapons is by taking them to be Enchanted (King Arthur) to have the 'Make it absorb other items to gain their properties'. Then I made it both the Barrel Replica and the Seventh Holy Scripture before Alice Winters gave me some advice. I have since used the Golden Weapon import (Magical Girl Noir) and Dreadnaught Engineering (FFXIV) to upscale the GBE to short rifle status. Next I've fused it with the Dark Matter gun (FFIX), and my Caster (Outlaw Star).

Anyone got any other good gun/weapon imports or should I just cycle this through the Sword Plant (King Arthur) Let's Make It Better (Unholy Heights) cycle for a few hundred years. Also I tend to make Sword Plant (King Arthur) versions of the original models of what I have so I still have an original recipe GBE for mass production should I need them.

On an additional note.
How well would this monster do against the Worm Endbringers?
I'm hoping well because I'll be going there as soon as Worm anon makes Friendbringers canon.

>>48271699
>>48271718
Hi Anon-Formerly-Known-As-Anti-Spiral and Konata!
You can be better Konata, just do it in such a way that you need no effort to be better.
>>
>>48271302
Rolling Counter from Mother plus any regen perk that keeps your mind intact while it fixes your brain.

Probably any perk or magic that gives resistance/immunity to electricity or better yet electromagnetism (since the helmet kills you by frying your brain via EM).

Sufficient stacking of luck perks so that the helmet glitches and the kill subroutine fails to go off before you can remove the helmet.

Dog Talisman from Jackie Chan Adventures (though you may or may not have the migraine from hell afterwards).

Heart Of Steve from Minecraft Reloaded, depending on whether the helmet zaps once and is done or just keeps zapping until you are dead.

Red Hot Shot from Bayonetta, A Bad Dream from Rust, Extra Life from Scott Pilgrim, Horcrux from Harry Potter, or similar "second chance" perks/items.
>>
>>48271737
You know, I'm not sure if it's only for swords or not, but I think that the Merlin jump has an item that allows you to import a weapon as Dragon forged. Meaning, any blow is fatal. Does that help?
>>
>>48271699
>>48271718
Oh hey guys I'd love to see your ATELIER: ARLAND TRILOGY jumps just to see how bad mine is by comparison.

>>48271756
Oh shiny! Also thank you I'll look into it.
>>
File: eh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>48271718
...oh.

Huh, I was thinking chronologically. Or maybe I just got confused by the recent edition that apparently list The Magician's Nephew as the FIRST book because, well, chronology.

But yeah, that's. That's a good idea as long as you've got a way to not freeze to death.

>>48270987
Also no and why would you think this? You'd think being a programmer in generic VIRTUAL world would be like, mad lucrative. Just hole up somewhere and program like crazy.
>>
>>48271718
>>48271773
Another title for the first book could be "Winter Came".
Though for Jadis it would be Brace yourself, Spring is coming.
>>
File: ayep.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
ayep.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>48271737
Hi, guy!

>>48271763
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43017728/#43023123

AKA: ASA Spends 10 Years Stoned Out Of His Goddamn Mind.
>>
>>48271525
From reading the Hangar Bay perk, it would have to be exactly as big as is necessary to allow "plenty of space to walk around your ship and conduct repairs or modifications".
>>
>>48271544
It says it can hold the Death Star, so depending on which version it's have a diameter or up to 900km. But yea I think it does grow to fit your ship.
>>
File: everydayofmylife.png (201 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
everydayofmylife.png
201 KB, 500x281
>>48271737
Pfffff. But if I'm better, how can I be all sad and terrible? I don't understand at all!

>>48271763
>I'd love to see your ATELIER: ARLAND TRILOGY jumps
I never made a build for that, actually. I don't really know anything about Atelier?
Anti told me all there was to know was, like, "become super alchemist -> win" or something.

But I just never got around to making a build for it. There's a small but surprising number of jumps that just fell through the cracks like that for me.

>>48271773
Yeah, you probably were? I mean, it's a PREQUEL, so you're not wrong insofar as it occurs first out of any of the stories. But, nah, it's actually the first book that was written by Lewis.
>>
>>48271820
It says (paraphrased) it can fit the ship you import, so sure if you had a Death Star from another jump you could import that, but the phrase "Death Star" in the perk itself refers to the aesthetic of the hangar, not the volume.
>>
>>48271822
I've been told it's a crafts(wo)man's dream Jump, so I thought you'd have been all over it.
>>
>>48270963
Maybe a cataclysm shield from Bastion? It's the same type of tech that protected some areas from the planet exploding, so it should be able to save a ship from hitting a planet?

>>48271302
Administrator Access from Kidd Radd gives you admin access on public servers. So you could just...turn the bad options off and free everyone, I guess? Assuming the SAO game server counts as a public server.

Will of the User (same jump) would also be good.
Technopathy (Buffy or Sonic) or taking Giffany from Gravity Falls should also be able to break your helmet if not free everyone from the game server.

Lastly, and most stupidly...the microwave thing that zaps your brain is a type of radiation. So Self Sustenance from DC makes you immune to radiation, it does nothing to you even if it triggers.

>>48271663
Nice build.
>>
Question on the Riddick jump:

If we kill the Lord Marshall, does the Necromongers' "keep what you kill" rule still apply?
>>
>>48271748
>(since the helmet kills you by frying your brain via EM)

The wiki says it's not specified whether the actual killing is done via EM induction or microwave cooking, so you'd want immunity to magnetism AND radiation just to be sure.
>>
File: Konaitcantbehelped.gif (413 KB, 293x130) Image search: [Google]
Konaitcantbehelped.gif
413 KB, 293x130
>>48271842
>>
>>48271870
Yes the keep what you kill would apply, it actually happens in cannon. You'd also have to watch your back for the rest of your time there too.
>>
>>48271908
Works for me, thank you.
>>
>>48270555
Player One from Kidd Radd, may not be best bro, but is certainly a bro. The perk says so!
>>
So, what's the deal with the Heroes jump, that no one ever talks about?
>>
>>48271936
It's a meh-tier jump from a Spacebattler who didn't have a good intro to /jc/.
He had to ask if people wanted the non-Force-using-classes in SWTOR before dropping it, and then subsequently picked up an OP Chinese xianxia novel with universe-busters and too many gods, followed by... Well. heroes.
>>
File: Kirby is Shaped like a Friend.jpg (250 KB, 1024x1390) Image search: [Google]
Kirby is Shaped like a Friend.jpg
250 KB, 1024x1390
TIME FOR LATE RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS FROM LAST THREAD

>>48266201
The arrows.

>>48266276
You have to choose a specific weapon. You cannot switch. You could possibly train yourself up to that level with other weapons, with a lot of time and effort.

>>48266299
Kirby and his friends will show up during the events of Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and if you have no other way out of Halcandra then you can hitchike a ride with them to Pop Star. I'm sure Kirby wouldn't mind.

>>48266324
You can breathe in space.

>>48266642
Most of the really expensive ones, like Aurelion, are expensive for a good reason. I'll still go over it once I'm finished with the jump proper and make sure there's no goofy mistakes, though.

>>48270473
If they have Copy, yes. If not, no.
>>
So, if I weren't making a gun here >>48271737 and instead made a Melee weapon are there any good ones to suggest?

>>48271936
Not really that good. Power Copying would be the only reason I'd ever go and it has some serious limiters on it that never lift, ever.
>>
>>48271936
>>48271959
Wait, did that thing even get onto the drive? Last I remembered it was technically a WIP around the time whathisface stopped posting altogether.
>>
>>48272043
It's in the Drive for some reason, yes.
>>
Would AMP Intensifies make you the one who gets the Dual Blades skill in SAO? Since it goes to the player with the fastest reflexes? Doesn't that mean that Kirito won't be able to clear the game. . .
>>
>>48272050
There is still a line asking for item suggestions in the jump.
>>
>>48272043
It's a WiP. That it's in the drive is a mistake that should be remedied.
>>
In the Overlord (LN) jump, are the Ring and Bracer indestructible by virtue of being world class items or by virtue of jump-chan fiat?
>>
>>48272095
Both? I think.
>It is soulbound to its wearer and cannot be stolen,given away, destroyed, or lost by any method short of death.
>>
>>48272081
Welp. I know Brutus was actually agonizing over it.

Collective consensus should let him know to remove it.
>>
>>48272050
>>48272060
>>48272081
I see. Well, Brutus'll hopefully get the message at this rate. Doesn't that guy-or one of his friends-kinda have a bad track record in upholding his jumps onto the drive without thread approval?

>>48272054
Doesn't Kayaba still have admin rights? Can't he just buff Kirito himself? I guess you could also just, you know, train less?

>>48272095
Wait, they're supposed to be literally indestructible? But I'm positive even canon World Items have never been said to be indestructible.
>>
>>48272139
Crazy Durable to the level of practical indestructibility. If you go by the lore didn't most of the world level items literally survive their world being destroyed by a titanic dragon? Before they somehow ended up in Yggdrasil. Also it already has the soulbound etc clause in the description so it's kind of a moot point
>>
Alright as of right now here's Chekhov's Gun...
1. Base weapon Gravity Beam Emitter (Blame!)
2. Enchanted (King Arthur) to 'Absorb other items and gain their properties'
3. Absorbed Tracking Gun (Blame!) from >>48052946
4. Dragon-Forged Weapon (Merlin)
5. Import as Barrel Replica (KNK)
6. Import as Seventh Holy Scripture (KNK)
7. Absorbed my Caster (Outlaw Star)
8. Absorbed the Dark Matter Gun (FFXIV)
9. Import as a Golden Weapon (Magical Girl Noir)
10. Utilized Dreadnought Engineering to upscale it to short rifle status.
11. Sword Plant (King Arthur) short rifle.
12. Using Let's Make It Better (Unholy Heights) to improve the traits.
13. EX Rank Item Construction (Fate/Extra) to make it an A-Rank Noble Phantasm.

From here I think I'll need to craft a melee weapon of equal power or just odd hax and then I fuse the two in RWBY.
>>
>>48272139
>Can't he just buff Kirito himself?
Why would he? The thing that made Kirito special is his absurd reflexes, if there is someone better than him at that he wouldn't even pay attention to Kirito.
>>
>>48272260
>The thing that made Kirito special is his absurd plot armor.

FTFY
>>
>>48272294
The same can be said of all characters in all stories.
>>
>>48272219
That's the thing-the game's lore doesn't seem to have anything to do with the New World's lore. I dunno how far to trust the game's lore, when it's clear whatever force is inserting players into the New World is alien to it and some spells don't precisely work as advertised (e.g. that spell for summoning undead reanimating corpses instead, XP being based on spiritual energy).

You have me at the soulbound thing, though.

>>48272260
Because I've never watched SAO.
>>
Purge Jump?
>>
>>48272302
No not really, he has more bullshit plot armor than superman anon. Literally the abridged version is the only version worth watching because the real deal is nothing but a badly thought out series of asspulls rivalling the entirety of naruto in one season.
>>
>>48272302
But enough of that, have at you!
>>
>>48272313
nah
>>
>>48272312
You seem knowledgeable about the settimg, what race is Ainz anyway? I don't think he is a normal skeleton. Is there any way to become the same race as him?
>>
>>48272331
Racial Levels friend!
Skeleton Mage (15)
Elder Lich (10)
Overlord (5)
Unknown (10)
>>
File: 01- momonga.png (544 KB, 800x1296) Image search: [Google]
01- momonga.png
544 KB, 800x1296
>>48272331
>>48272341 beat me to it. Just take skeleton as your race and a magic-user class, and then say some of your 100 levels are the same as his.
>>
File: Jumpinggundam.jpg (36 KB, 209x400) Image search: [Google]
Jumpinggundam.jpg
36 KB, 209x400
250. Gundam Future Century
Origin: Gundam Fighter (-100), Age: 22
Perks: Country's Finest, YES I DO HAVE TO YELL THE NAME (-200), It's All In The Mind (-400), Hand Calm; Mind Serene (-300)
The Help [Chris]
Items: Absurd Recognizable Outfit [I am possessed by the ghost of Crocodile Dundee], Memento [Keychain]
Mobile Fighter: Import Macross (-50), Core Lander, Mobile Trace System, Head Vulcans, Beam Sabre, Martial Upgrade [Drunken Fist] (-50), Battle Mode (-150), Powered Melee Weapon [Super Electro-Whip Tail] (-150), Emotion Energy System (-400)
Drawback: Old Master (+200), Country Rivalry [Neo Mongolia] (+200), Country Rivalry [Neo India] (+200), Country Rivalry [Neo Turkey] (+200)

I hate drawback enforced sadness. I know it's not organic, I know it's not something I would let rule me, but I can't stop crying over this fucking kangaroo. She raised me alongside her own daughter, kept me safe in her pouch beside her own daughter. When I learned to walk, she taught me to jump and leap across the land, building the strength in my leg muscles immensely. I was taught mastery of the Drunken Fist beside her own daughter. When it came time to test our mastery, and I came out ahead, Mama gave me one last kiss goodbye and sent me out into the world of men. Sister became a Gundam Fighter for Neo Australia, and I agreed to be her back up.

I will kill the Devil Gundam for this. We both will. AND FUCK ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS STANDING IN OUR WAY! COME ONE AT A TIME OR ALL AT ONCE!
>>
>>48272355
>>48272341
Thanks!
>>
>>48272312
World items are basically completely indestructible by their own settings capabilities though. The only shit that could break them were themselves if they decided they wanted to break after one use, or other world items.
>>
Are there any Horror Movie jumps other than Generic Horror Movie?
>>
>>48272042
Should you be making a melee weapon, theres a melee version of the Gravity Beam Emitter, a Gravity Sword used by the sillicon life. It's weaker then the GBE though of course you can remedy that, by synching so that it gets it's gravitons from a microverse via Rick & Morty provided you actually upgrade it to handle that much input, and you don't care whats behind where you swing.

If say you wanted to forego that and instead physically cut an Endbringer, theres always making a Noble Phantasm or powering your preferably long melee weapon with Sting's power, while also powering it with Super Spin or some shit.
>>
>>48272321
Really? I'll acknowledge that his hacking feat to save that little girl was bullshit but what else was so bad?
>>
>>48272447
Not him but the part where kirito dies then gets revived was bullshit too. Literally everyone else immediatley gets killed when they lose but kirito gets a free pass for reasons.
>>
>>48272522
Actually there is a delay before that happens, that is how the rare item that revives someone who died recently worked. Since he cleared the game as he died the whole thing ended before he would have been executed by the nervgear.
>>
>>48272535
If there is a delay they how come nobody can yank off the helmets? It takes less than 2 seconds to remove a helmet so any realistic delay(I think it was 10 seconds here) implies that the people had ample time to remove other folks nerve gear.
>>
>>48272425
Alien? Dead Rising now has a movie. Blade and Resident Evil might qualify if you stretch your definition of "horror"...?

...that's a horrible lack that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I think someone was already started on a The Thing gauntlet, so grab a horror movie and make more jumps!

Actually it's probably due to horror movies not being particularly good jumps since the protags and a good chunk of villains are usually ordinary people, and anyone going in with two neurons to rub together would avoid a lot of the dumb decisions slasher movies require.
They probably make better gauntlets than jumps, though.
>>
>>48272544
>Expecting your fast-twitch responses to function as normal after months of atrophy and inactivity
>>
>>48272544
How would anyone know to try?
>>
>>48272544
It's not a delay on the helmet, it's a delay in the system, the helmet has it's own thing to fry a brain when you try to yank it off.
>>
>>48272563
No I said other people removing the helmets for them.
>>
>>48272544
That would require in game death to log them out, which it doesn't.
>>
>>48272535
Except there isn't one? That's not something present in other cases of people dying.
>>
>>48272583
You assume that they are immediately killed when you see their avatar die, which is not necessarily true.
>>
>>48272571
>>48272544
>>48272522
How did this bullshit make it all the way to marketing and global sale with a murder the user button anyway?
>>
>>48272599
Apparently there was only one guy that designed and made the thing, and no one caught that he had something to disable the safety system.
>>
>>48272583
>>48272544

Dont argue logic there are way too many kiritofags and you will just get chewed out. Let it die.
>>
>>48272611
I always find it sad when people like you pour largely undeserved hate on things just because they're popular.
>>
>>48272544
>The transceivers are not only capable of inducing fake sensory signals, but can also block every movement command from the brain to the body, preventing the player from moving their body while in FullDive to avoid injuries.
So the helmet paralyses you while it's active so you don't injure yourself trying to run in VR and smashing your real body into physical objects.

Even if there is a delay, if you die, the helmet is still active - you can't do anything during the delay before your brain is fried.

If people outside the system try to yank it off before that goes off, it goes off anyway.

>>48272599
Maybe the kill switch was disguised as something else?
>>
>>48272599
It was hidden, basically the builtin battery dumps it's considerable charge in a way that would kill the user. It would have just looked like a safety hazard and those can get glossed over for a long time when it comes to cool new tech.
>>
>>48272615
Popular does not mean good. Look at hot topic.
>>
>>48272620
Really? I would hope that the "it fries your brain if it malfunctions" security flaw would been caught long before it went to market. Sword Art Online poses a horrifying scenario about consumer safety regulations in Japan.
>>
>>48272611
I've never seen SAO, and would like to know what apparently makes this show so substantially worse than all other terrible shows.

Your comments entice me to believe 'not much'.
>>
>>48272629
Notice how I didn't say popular is always good?
>>
>>48272637
Do you know what happens when a cellphone battery malfunctions? It probably won't kill you but it is not pretty.
>>
>>48272639
It really is just because it was so popular and hyped up when it was aired. This is all just the usual backlash and exaggeration of flaws to counter the endless hype and praise that got heaped on it (Which the show didn't really deserve, it's not too great). The shows not some miracle by any means but it's hardly awful. It's just one of a thousand common anime out there.
>>
>>48272652
Yes, and do you know how rare it is for a cellphone battery to malfunction that way unless you deliberately tamper with it? Besides, this thing is a lot bigger than a cellphone, you could get around that flaw if it was a legitimate safety issue much more easily. You have room to install things like circuit breakers.
>>
>>48272639
Not that anon but it started out pretty well and then made a sharp dive in pretty much every respect very quickly, for some reason they just kept making more of it though. . .
>>
>>48272662
>unless you deliberately tamper with it
....like the helmets were in SAO?
>>
>>48272662
He didn't want them to be safe!
>>
>>48272676
But any company selling them would.
>>48272668
He personally alterred every helmet?
>>
>>48272668
>>48272676
You're missing my point. Yes, they were deliberately made to have that feature. But a competent review of the technology (which I would hope any neural induction tech would be subjected to) should catch such a glaring danger. Whether or not they thought it was a flaw or intentional sabotage, the review board would have noticed it. And then, depending on their reaction, either had Kayaba arrested or at the very least sought legal injunction to prevent the helmets from going on the market. That this did not happen suggests horrible things about the safety oversight his company was subjected to. Either the review board was bribed by him to let it pass, or they just didn't bother to investigate it fully. Whatever the case, they are bad engineers and bad people.
>>
>>48272668
>>48272676
And that can't make it to market. Not in a 'you should sell that' way, but in a, 'if it's not safe, you can even buy this shit because it breaks safety regulations' way. That's the least of the fucking issue with SAO, in plothole terms.
>>
>>48272701
It was literally the first of it's kind, there were no regulations for this kind of thing.
>>
>>48272695
>>48272701
Kayaba was smart enough to create that World Seed thing, true artificial reality and actual AI. Maybe he just managed to hide it from people?
>>
>>48272716
There are safety regulations on literally every new technology sold to the public.
>>
File: stairs-dalek.jpg (65 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
stairs-dalek.jpg
65 KB, 512x384
>>48272701
> safety regulations
> in anime
... is that even a thing?

No, seriously. I'm legitimately trying to think of a show where safety regulations actually came into play and I am drawing a complete blank.
>>
>>48272733
stairs a dalek's 2nd worst enemy.
>>
>>48272729
And weird scooters that explode if you ride them too much still get sold.
>>
File: 1466192603722.jpg (293 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
1466192603722.jpg
293 KB, 1131x707
So what was Okami like for you guys /JC cause my time was shit!
Alt!Form was the big on in pic related
Okami Jump [016]:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Drunkard (+100)
Pervy (+100)
Art Style Woes (+200)
Magnetic (+200)
Bug Out (+300)
MacGuffin Container (+300)
Background: Brush God [Kitsune] (-200)
Skills & Abilities:
Calligraphy (-50)
Space Invader (-100)
Ink Bullet (-100)
Prayer Slips (-200)
Dexterous Oral Telekinesis Acrobatics (Free)
Brush Up (-300)
Moon Tech (-400)
Brush Technique [Snatch] (-200)
Items:
Sake x2 (-100)
Magic Ink Pot x4 (-150)
Reflector (-100)
Rosary (-100)
Companions:
Klein [Warrior, 300] (-100)
Swordsman (Free)
Godhood (-300)
Glaive (Free)
Celestial Envoy (-100)
>>
>>48272733
Daleks cqn fly though..
>>
>>48272740
You mean the things that are called hoverboards but aren't really hoverboards?
>>
>>48272718
Maybe, but I find it doubtful. There's only so much you can do to hide wiring meant to fatally electrocute the user. Dismantling the headsets should have revealed it. It's sadly more likely that the regulatory board were just negligent in their duties. Which is monstrous. Yes, Kayaba's a monster for setting that system up, but the people who should have stopped him but didn't have a share of the blame, too. It flies in the face of engineering ethics.
>>
Sorry to bring up GATE but do Apostles have any feats for surviving brain damage?
>>
>>48272753
Yes and I refuse to call them that, they are just stupid looking scooters.

>>48272755
The receiver/emitter that the device uses to interface with the brain has a hidden program that causes it to turn the power up so high that it fries the user's brain. It is not like it is something obviously wired to kill someone.
>>
>>48272755
This shit happens all the time, I don't know why you're condemning the review board as such awful monsters. How many times have you heard of cars or appliances being recalled because of flaws? Of food getting recalled because it has something nasty in it? Shit happens, review boards are staffed by people and people make mistakes, even when they aren't bribed or manipulated. It hardly makes them monsters either, certainly not near the level of awful that the sociopath Kayaba is on, just means they made a mistake.
>>
>>48272782
If it isn't wired to allow it then it would not work, the most you would get are some nasty burns.
>>
>>48272785
Yes, and those people who made those mistakes in real life were monsters, too. Engineers have a responsibility. To shirk that responsibility is to commit a sin.
>>
If you don't understand what all the fucking stupid shitty things about SAO's plot and general writing, just look up one of the fucking hundreds of reviews/rants/diatribes about the topic. There's so much about it that any discussion about why it's bad at this point is redundant.
>>
Without perks how long would it take to become a level 6 esper? From raildex.
>>
>>48272810
What a solid, reasonable argument you present, what with the complete lack of making any points of your own.
>>
>>48272797
It doesn't have to be wired to kill, it is wired to do something else and could potentially malfunction in a fatal manner. The software (written by the World Seed guy) was set up to intentionally cause that malfunction. Since it was the first version of such tech the flaw was overlooked, later versions even had to be reduced in functionality to prevent this possibility.

Safety hazards are often overlooked, especially in new technology. Kayaba abused this fact to hide a literal kill switch in the device.
>>
>>48272846
Wrong, later versions had the same problem. See SAO2.
>>
>>48272825
Never, you are hard capped by the jumpmaker at Railgun's level.
>>
>>48272755
Hey, you know how Volkswagon sent out all those cars with illegal emissions and no one noticed for a long time, because they were intentionally hiding it? every single one of those cars and vans could have had the deception found out by a through examination there to. But that is not practical.

Presumably, 1, people are not expecting death rays in VR gear, and two, the specs and helmets submitted for testing were normal.

Then change stuff at the factory but say it is the same pre approved model. If you think someone has noticed and will order a recall, start Evil Plan early.
>>
>>48272857
So rank 5 then? How long would that take?
>>
>>48270658
Destiny has a little one that comes free.
>>
>>48272826
Yeah. I know. So, shut the fuck up if you won't acknowledge it.
>>
>>48272870
The entire jump (10 years) barring perks that speed it up.
>>
>>48272870
Magic side jump will have you at that level by the end of the jump.

Science side jump says that reaching your full level 5 potential could take decades of hard work. (without perks)
>>
>>48271453
Just house rule it as a zero point drawback. SAO is too boring otherwise.
>>
>>48272859
I concede that cases where no one even thought to look for a flaw are a grey area. But this was a mind-machine interface helmet. What sort of person looks at that and doesn't worry that it could fry your brain? All you've done is shift these engineers from being negligent to being stupid. Either way, they're not fulfilling their responsibility as engineers. This is something that was hammered into me very thoroughly by my professors. When something goes wrong in a system and it costs innocent lives, then everyone involved in producing that system shares in the blame. Perhaps not an equal share, certainly in this case Kayaba bears most of it, but the blame is shared.
>>
>>48272894
You'll probably be way stronger on magic side in way less time because of level 5 cap
This is why everybody does the whole multi skill stuff, because how else are we going to match up with magic side bullshit.
>>
>>48272810
>I am a lazy human shitstain on the thread, but take my word for it, would I lie?
>>
>>48272894
>>48272893
Ok thank you for the help.
>>
>>48272910
Maybe the testing model was perfectly safe, and the production model had one digit secretly nudged up so instead of producing X levels of power a malfunction can produce X+Y levels, bumping it up to the level in canon? Wouldn't be the first time production models and test models weren't exactly the same.
>>
>>48272912
Honestly I kinda liked the build I made for railgun, I rolled clairvoyance and the future and post sight ability at 5 could be really really useful. Does magic side have something similar?
>>
>>48272870
There are two Raildex jumps, the imaged one is the Science side of things and will take decades of effort.

The non-imaged one is the Magic side of things and will get you to level 5 by the end of the jump.

This is presumably because the power from the Science jump is free while it is a capstone in the Magic jump.
>>
>>48272913
>I'm an idiot that will assume arbitrarily that other people are wrong about something when they have mountains of arguments to the contrary on their side because they aren't willing to debase themselves to correct my stupid ass personally on the internet.

Fuck off.
>>
>>48272930
Completely true but bumping it up enough to physically harm a person should also change the way it works for its intended nonlethal purposes. As well as being pretty obvious.
>>
>>48272936
>Raildex clairvoyance
>Good
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>48272948
Guess I will look at the magic side then. Thanks.
>>
>>48272965
>This meme needs to die
>Something anyone says
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>48272965
Is it not? I am geniunely asking here.
>>
>>48272965
When combined with another perk in the jump it gives you pseudo plot armor that makes you look like Touma.

Though in hindsight you could probably combine it with any other clairvoyance/future sight perk for the same effect. . .
>>
>>48272975
some people just have irrational hateboners for certain perks. See Jurassic Park's Life Finds a Way and MtAw magic
>>
>>48272852
Wrong, it's obvious you didn't see the show. People died in the game because they were being shot dead in the real world simultaneously.
>>
>>48272949
What, is the next thing your gonna tell me is that the world is a sphere? I know better than that. The fact that you won't show any evidence or make any of your own arguments just proves you don't have any.
>>
>>48272975
It has a very good combo with another perk from the same jump but since you could theoretically just replace it in that combo with Force Sensitivity the other powers are better.

Imagine breaker is objectively the best power if you have a way to turn it off but it has mandatory drawbacks that pit you against enemies that are well. . . Raildex level. . .
>>
>>48272949
>mountains of arguments
you have not ACTUALLY bothered to make an argument.
All you have done is yelled
>It sucks lots of people say so WHY DOESN'T ANYONE BELIEVE ME I mean I keep saying the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER so it must be true!
Buy you sort of forgot to actually type out specific examples of how and why it sucks, so people just sort of assume you are a child parroting what other people think in an effort to be a "Kool Kid"

But hey, have fun with puberty, kiddo!
>>
>>48272990
MtA magic is mostly garbage unless you actually want to summon Paradox demons to eat with Take Over Demon Soul. I say this as someone who took it as one of my starting jumps.
>>
>>48273016
Well darn, guess I can go to magical version then but no misaka sister. Thats kinda saddening. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>48273029
Magic side is shit too though. So don't bother with either unless you plan to completely break the setting like most of us do.
>>
>>48273027
It isnt really all that bad if you use it for enchanting or healing. It is when you try to do something flashy in front of sleepers that things get really weird.
>>
>>48273027
Not sure you know how Take Over magic works mate.
>>
>>48273037
Wait what? Explain please.
>>
>>48273026
I'm just going to let you know, you're baiting super hard and it's obvious to fucking everyone, you aren't going to catch any replies this way.
>>
>>48273029
Or you could jump both of them, getting two Esper Powers and sisters. Also the Science side has the female Accelerator companion, which you might really want if you are going for a power build. Yuriko + Sacrificial Bestowment = you get Accelerator's power.
>>
>>48273046
You kill it and eat it for it's courage.

Basically. Paradox are demons, so it works on them.
>>
>>48273057
Sorry but you cant jump both of them.
>>
>>48273050
There are lots of ways but the easiest is to take Yuriko and follow the combo in >>48273057

If you want to get disgustingly OP you can also research the setting's metaphysics and abuse the shit out of them.
>>
>>48273029
Why are you just choosing one?
They are two different settings with two different book series after all.

They don't even have to be the same universe, where one is an alt reality of the other.

Do different things in each one, have fun. It is your jump.
>>
>>48273068
Why not? Is it Badwrongfun?
>>
>>48273059
Which is great and all.

But you still actually need to kill it. Take Over is worth shit if you don't have enough personal power to survive against one of those demons on your own already.
>>
>>48273082
>>48273074
>>48273057
I thought the maker limited you to one or the other.
>>
>>48272805
Yup. According to the wiki, after the SAO shit went down all of the NervGear helmets were forcibly recalled, various people involved in making them ended up in prison, etc, and all new helmets had to be rigorously designed/built so they couldn't be rigged to fry people's brains.
>>
>>48273051
Hey, if it IS bait and he takes it, I win.

But if he does NOT take it and finally just shuts up, I win even more.
>>
>>48273096
I don't think so, regardless it isn't stated in either of the jumps and the jumpmaker isn't around anymore.
>>
>>48272910
>What sort of person looks at that and doesn't worry that it could fry your brain?
Stupid teenagers with poor impulse control and an excess of disposable income?
>>
>>48273027
As someone who took it pretty early, it's not very good if you want to throw fireballs at people without the risk of demons, but you can use various methods to reduce the chance of paradox, and then take a solid punch worth of damage if it still happens. Jumpers can get insane levels of durability, so you're probably fine unless you're intentionally spamming spells (that take three seconds per cast so it's probably not the best for spamming either).

For utility however it's incredible, especially since disbelief not being a thing post jump means you can use magic to do things that would otherwise have been unraveled. Biological abominations or using a pen as a sword are a lot easier post jump.

Also, the covert spells in all arcana don't risk paradox at all (unless you get too obviously supernatural in the mage jump itself) and offer great utility. Sure you can get scrying from other jumps, but finding one that lets you scry through time, or reach through present day scrying windows and steal stuff is a bit rarer.

There's a lot more generally useful spells in there too, although if you wanted to make a bag of holding for instance you're probably better off going with Harry Potter, maybe a D&D jump for an actual bag of holding.

This is all just my ramblings though, I don't expect to convince anyone it's good, I just hope some people realize it isn't as bad as it's sometimes made out to be.
>>
>>48273039
What are you talking about?

You really don't get it if you think that that excuse is good enough. Any weakness or fault isn't compensated for by saying that it has things it can do that other magic systems already do better.

'It can heal though.' isn't good enough in this case. Yeah, it can heal, but it can't do that and shoot fireballs both of which I can already do with any other magic in all of jumpchain. Utility isn't something other magic systems are lacking. Stop pretending MtA magic is unique in this aspect.
>>
>>48273130
Disbelief is an inherent part of the magic. Just like paradox, it doesn't go away.
>>
>>48273130
I bought maxxed (for the jump) prime, I am still unsure what I can do with it.
>>
>>48273148
The fate branch of magic is pretty unique, I think only Scarlet destiny can do anything similar. Since it is highly subtle there isn't much risk for paradox either.
>>
>>48273148
What are you even trying to argue here? That it isn't inherently better than every other system of magic out there? Wonderful, great, have a cookie who cares?
>>
>>48273160
I thought it did get stopped post jump. Yup, it's in the notes.

Postjump, you will still incur paradox for using vulgar or overt magic outside of a demesne, but you will no longer be subject to the disbelief of sleepers (nonmagic and nonsupernatural beings) that see you do it. Disbelief will still however be in effect if you travel to and use magic in other WoD based jumps.
>>
>>48273148
So the setting has its pros and cons. Just like every other settings magic.
>>
>>48273148
This gets into the whole 'if it isn't the best why get it?' issue though. There are lots of tech perks that offer things that can be done in one way or another better by other systems. I'm still going to buy them. If you don't, that's fine, it's totally ok for you to value only getting new things, and me to like redundancy, that's cool. And if I've misread you and you value things different to what I think you're saying, that's fine too.
>>
>>48273172
>>48273189
No. I'm arguing that it has no value over any other magic in existence. Only detriments.

Compared to all other magic, MtA magic will come up short, every time.
>>
>>48273129
We have had VR helmets in real life before.
And if someone had tried to raise awareness about "But how do we KNOW it won't microwave our brain" when they came out, people would assume that:
1: It was a sleazy news program trolling for viewers by manufacturing cheap scares,
2: Someone was a kneejerk Luddite.
3: Someone was trying to be clever about wanting to limit your game time.
4: Someone was fucking with you.
5: Etc.

"The New Tech Gadget Could Kill You" is really not normal behavior, and will make you look like a reactionary freak until such time as new gadgets actually DO start killing lots of people
>>
>>48273202
Yes. And?

Jump it or don't I went there for the setting and the magic because while everyone else was dealing with disbelief I was flying around on a magic surfboard turning geese into alligators and shooting magic missiles from my fingertips going bang bang.
>>
>>48273160
Except, it's not. It is an artificial effect of the Abyss, and the Abyss does not exist in most Jumps.
>>
>>48273218
>I was flying around on a magic surfboard turning geese into alligators and shooting magic missiles from my fingertips going bang bang.
>going bang bang
I was with you up until there. Clearly magic missiles are closer to pew-pew than bang-bang.
>>
>>48273218
That would cause a paradox, the way that world works is that the paradox happens due to sleepers seeing something that should be impossible under the worlds metaphysics. Unless you have a perk that lets you ignore such a thing the paradox would affect out of jump magic too.
>>
>>48273202
Some of us like to load up on bonuses for post-spark, and WoD archmastery is pretty attractive
>inb4 you have an autism fit about how talking about post-spark is evil
>>
>>48273202
Why are you so obsessed with proving that nobody should jump mage? It has some really good uses and some really big drawbacks just like everything in the world of darkness settings. I mean I wont touch changeling magic with a stick but I don't bitch about it incessantly.
>>
>>48273245
Because idiots continue to insist on peddling it as something useful that people should think about taking.
>>
>>48273235
No I was making bang bang noises while making shooty fingers. Although I am ashamed as you are clearly correct they should be pewpew.

>>48273241
Out of jump abilities and powers are not subject to the same limitations as those from a jump.
>>
>>48273241
No it doesn't. Even if we were to take your fucking troll ass seriously, the jump fiat is that magic rules like paradox only applies to the setting's own magic.
>>
>>48273256
>think about taking.
>think about
Those are the active and important words anon, you should think about doing it but you do not have to.
>>
>>48273218
Any magic or supernatural phenomenon would experience push back and paradox due to the consensus based nature of the setting. The paradox is not a weakness specifically for the settings magic but a function of the local metaphysics that would apply to everything including your out of jumps stuff as long as it was beyond what the sleepers consider possible.
>>
>>48273202
Really? I'm going to present a hypothetical here.

I want to gather some information. I have Elder Scrolls magic, and Mage the Awakening magic.

Let's try finding it out with Elder Scrolls magic....

Uh... Will Clairvoyance find me a path to who killed this guy? Will it tell me who organised a shipment of drugs or weapons? I wander the scene of a crime. I can... Make things lighter so I can move them around, see if someone covered evidence with rocks?

Ok, let's try with MtAw. Postcognition. Oh, that's who killed the guy here. Various fate spells, oh look at that, I've 'coincidentally' found some evidence we overlooked before, or 'just so happened' to run into someone who knows something, and by 'pure luck' said exactly what I needed to say to convince them to tell me everything.

Look, at this point I'm starting to think you're baiting. It's not worse than 'any other magic in existence', and no amount of badmouthing it is going to make that suddenly be the case.

For fairness sake, once I've found the guys I'll then be using ES magic to armor myself and throw fireballs and lightning bolts, but I could also make the cement they're on conductive, or if I'm running from them make the door seal shut by fusing it with the frame.

Random (and unrelated) note, Space can act as a discount Byakugan, minus seeing chakra; add life spells to detect living things and you're even closer.
>>
>>48273085

Nope, Jumpmakers rules. Unless you take one before your last jump, you can't take both. I do remember someone saying something about him thinking about changing that rule though.
>>
>>48273241
Are you getting it confused with Mage the Ascension? Paradox happens because you're dragging supernal magic across the Abyss to try to change the Sleeping World, and sometimes the Abyss manages to touch your spell and mess shit up.

Vampires, Werewolves, Changelings, and all the others however could do supernatural shit in front of normal humans without any paradox at all, or Disbelief. They have their own reasons for not doing that though.

Also >>48273270
>>
>>48273277
Do you think I'm fucking stupid or something? You literally just framed the situation and walked through it in a way that favored you argument. I'm not going to fall for that bullshit, and hopefully no one else would be either.

Also, Just to correct your incorrect imaginary scenario, you could have solved that situation with ES magic alone, and liable faster too. You don't know jack shit about ES magic if you can't figure that shit out.
>>
>>48273333
Ok then, how?

Also
>Do you think I'm fucking stupid or something?

From the way you are acting yes.
>>
>>48273333
I generally assume anyone who says "you can use X magic to solve Y situation" is a liar unless they provide actual examples of spells which could work for that purpose. Especially considering TES magic really doesn't have any good divination spells when last I checked.
>>
>>48273333
Can elder scrolls allow you to create an area of infinite magical energy leaking out of a rift in space? I think primes 5 can. Granted I could be wrong there.
>>
>>48273300
>Are you getting it confused with Mage the Ascension?
I think I might be actually.
>>
>>48273333
I came up with one scenario to show it's not worse at literally everything. Yes, paradox is dangerous and you need to be careful, but it's not...

Ok, look, I am not trying to attack you or anything. I'm saying that you're making an assertion that I feel is untrue.

Also, having played Oblivion and Skyrim I thought I had a pretty good grasp on it, but if there is a way to solve that sort of mystery with ES magic please let me know. Was it from Morrowind or an older game? As I said, I've only played ES4 and ES5.

>>48273346
Prime can sorta do that, but ES probably could too. It's rather versatile really.
>>
>>48273333
Okay, what Elder Scrolls magic can do that? Because I'd like that. I'm not being accusatory, here, I'd really like to know. That sounds useful.
>>
Would that magic safety perk from Card Captor protect you from paradox?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.