[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lawful good cannibal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 1467026880076.jpg (25 KB, 418x475) Image search: [Google]
1467026880076.jpg
25 KB, 418x475
>lawful good cannibal
>>
That young woman looks like she's really faking a good time.
>>
>>48264856
>A society where ritually eating the flesh of the fallen is the standard burial rite.
>>
I DM'd a game with a guy who claimed this once.
>>
>using a system or setting with objective morality
>>
A good person who lives in a society where eating human meat is legal. Of course, the one being eaten has to consent.

The one being eaten can either give his own flesh while alive, or apply for a service where his body will be donated for food after death, after filing the proper paperwork and passing health inspection.
>>
File: Smug Pepe Nun.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Smug Pepe Nun.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>48264856
She looks so soulless.
>>48264928
>Beliving in "objective" morality
>>
>>48264971
>She looks so soulless.

Well she's fucking a black man on camera, sooooo
>>
Maori paladin would be a fun idea.
>>
>>48264856
I initially read that as "lawful good cannabis'.
>>
>>48264971
There's nothing to belive in, anon: D&D has alternate dimensions made up of literal evil. It's absolutely awful. No beliving required.
>>
>>48264856
A peaceful race(Martians) regard memory and sustenance in the highest regards. They are enthusiastic at the opportunity to be incorporated into the bodies of their nest mates.

Read "Stranger In A Strange Land" by Robert H. Heinlen and try to make this argument. I dare you.
>>
cannibalism has two major issues
first of: eating human meat is a fantastic way to spread diseases
secondly: murder is evil, thus obtaining non-diseased human meat will be tricky
>>
>>48264856
Could someone eat only evil people and still be lawful good? What if it is a barren setting where food is very rare? It would seem like an awful waste of food.
>>
>>48265038
You beat me to it.
>>
In some cultures it is tradition to eat the dead.

The people want to be eaten so they can be with their family.

Or think of the bosmer from elder scrolls.
>>
>>48264856
So like... what if it was a plant person? Is it cannibalism to eat plants and stuff? What if they were also Lawful Good?

Lawful Good cannibal is pretty shit either way.
>>
>>48264856
What about something like the Bosmer in the Elder Scrolls? They're essentially anti vegans that follow a strict religious code called the "Green Pact."

Basically the God of their particular forest made a deal with them. They could stay and live in Valenwood so long as they didnt eat any of its fruit or harvest any of its wood. So they're strict carnivores that don't waste any source of meat. This includes fallen enemies which they will butcher as effectively as a deer and use in much the same way.
>>
File: 282166-74872-kevin.jpg (20 KB, 396x348) Image search: [Google]
282166-74872-kevin.jpg
20 KB, 396x348
>>48265142
Judgement of good and evil is subjective and not an absolute, unless you're playing retard Pathfinder with "DM TELL ME IF I CAN SMITE THIS GUY" spells or abilities.
>>
File: this_thread_again.png (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
this_thread_again.png
19 KB, 600x600
>sentence fragment
>>
>>48265456
If you've been on the board long enough to complain about this, then you've been on the board long enough to know that this is a very typical conversation starter.
>>
>>48264856
>He is a Paladin that eats Zombies
>>
>>48265151
I am but an egg.
>>
>>48265456
>adjective noun
>noun verb adjective
>>
>>48264856
Source on pic?
>>
>>48265596
>faggot
>>
I'm playing a character that was fed "shepherd's pie". He was out of rations ravenous, in the middle of nowhere and halfway through when he was informed of the shepherd in the pie. The area had no legal jurisdiction, and the person who served it seemed very much the kind of person to not insult.

The character is lawful neutral, i do not consider it a heinous breech of alignment, only a minor one out of necessity.
>>
>>48265079
One, it's a fantastic way to spread disease if you eat diseased flesh. Applying the same standards of health to human meat as is applied to others negates this risk, or at least minimizes it to the same level as eating anything else.

Two, accidents. There are other ways to die than murder or disease.
>>
I came up with a hive-structured race once (think naked mole rats) who considered their system of reincarnation to be contingent on being consumed by the clan matron who birthed them upon death.
>>
>>48265079
>A forms of death are murder

Ever
>All forms of killing another are murder

This is not the case in pretty much everywhere
>>
>>48264856
Wasting good meat is the real sin. Are you telling me that after you take care of some bandits that were pillaging a town, you just leave their bodies out to rot? C'mon man. Think of all the money you could give to charity if you didn't have to buy food.
>>
>>48265022
All I can imagine is a really high guard.
"Like dude, you can't steal that helmet. I'm sorry bro, but you need to like go to jail."
>>
Since OP used the D&D alignment system to ask this question, the answer will come from using the various editions of D&D and PF.

So what outsiders and deific/pseudo-deific entities hold domain over cannibalism?

Yeenoghu, CE demon lord of gnolls
Doresain, CE demon lord of ghouls (most of his power has been subsumed by Yeenoghu in 3.5)

>3.5 Book of Vile Darkness
Karaan, CE god of lycanthropy, cannibalism, wild savagery, and urban decay

>PF
Kuru, tribe of evil degenerate humans who kill and eat other people. Named for the d
Koboto, tribe of evil humans who practice foul necromancy and eat other people.
Zura, demon lord of cannibalism and vampires.

In every edition the rules set out that participating in it would lead to the creation of a ghoul.

So based on the above, what we can see is that someone who starts out LG can get into cannibalism, but will inevitably stop being LG quite quickly.
>>
>>48266759
>Kuru, tribe of evil degenerate humans who kill and eat other people. Named for the d
Named for the prion disease from a tribe of cannibals in South America.
>>
>>48265038
>>48265151

lol don't read that shitstain of a hippy harem anime psudointellectual garbage fest
>>
>>48264856
Now now, he's a lawful good cannibal because cannibalism is legal where he's at, thus it's the law. Plus he only eats people who die naturally. It just so happens that stabbing someone or cutting off their head is perfectly natural.

The REAL crime would be letting the meal go to waste. There are starving elves out there, you know.
>>
File: soup.png (1 MB, 1488x937) Image search: [Google]
soup.png
1 MB, 1488x937
>>48264856
His society has a custom of cremating the dead relative and mixing it into a stew that the whole family then consumes. It's intended as a form of respect, that you want them to be with you always. He's also a doting father, respectful to his neighbors, and believes in fair play.
What now?
>>
>>48264856
A Catholic?
>>
>>48264928
>>48264971
>subjective morality
Is it morality anymore?
>>
>>48266920
I like Stranger in a Strange Land too, anon.
>>
>>48264856
>Not consuming the literal flesh of our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ every week
>>
>>48267031
Actually, my post was based on certain examples of actual tribal ritual cannibalism practiced when a relative dies.
>>
>>48265308
I had a character who came from a culture that would eat their dead as a religious ritual. Which the "victims" would have to consent to.
The DM responded by declaring that my character's entire tribe was lawful evil.
>>
>>48267150
Most of the ones I'm aware of typically don't consume the whole person, usually just part of the brain. Which has lead to some sad instances. Not really a wise practice eating a member of your own species as any pests or contagions they carry are much more likely to be acclimatized to living in a human host.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

You can even see evidence of this in the new age vampire crap practiced by certain people where they drink human blood, sometimes sharing each others. Not the wisest practice in the days of HIV.
>>
File: knock-knock-jesus.png (514 KB, 610x507) Image search: [Google]
knock-knock-jesus.png
514 KB, 610x507
>>48264856
>Truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink.
>>
>>48267450
Of course a lich would want to make as many ghoul minions as he could. What better way than to disguise himself as a god and tell those who worship him to eat of his flesh.
>>
>>48264928
>non-objective morality
Spot the moral relativist.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.