[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even More Unplayed Legendaries Edition >RESOURCES >O
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: 104.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
104.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
Even More Unplayed Legendaries Edition

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: 199.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
199.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/molimo-voltron/
I need help cutting shit, and I'm sure there are vital lands that I'm missing.
>>
File: 7245324234.jpg (37 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
7245324234.jpg
37 KB, 223x310
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-03-16-Ssr-reaper-king/

Does my deck look okay? Could anything be improved?
>>
File: 1468366606680.jpg (88 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1468366606680.jpg
88 KB, 720x960
>mfw jin-gitaxias, newlamog, consuming aberration, and terrastodon on turn 5

And my group said BUG was weak
>>
>>48262872
>no title again
You're just fucking up on purpose now.
>>
>>48263139
BUG is literally the most powerful color combination in EDH
>>
>>48262872
>playing Pic Related
>Twincast Enlightened Tutor
>Get Vanishing
>Play on Rayne
>Drop Morph
>Opponent Karlovs Morph
>Draw 2
>Flip Willbender
>Move to Rayne
>Draw 2
>Phase out Rayne
>Next turn drop Spellskite
>Copy Enchant on Vanishing
>Put on Skite
>opponent Returns To Dust both Vanishings
>Draw 4
>Pay 4 life and Move both targets to Spellskite
>Draw 4
>Phase out Skite
>In response Path on Skite
>Draw 2
>Misdirection, pitching Launch
>Target Karlov

SALTY
A
L
T
Y
>>
>>48263139
damn, his eyes look like empty black sockets
>>
>>48263614
I need a Phyrexia flavored BUG legend in my life. 5 color would be perfect though.
>>
File: rayne.jpg (63 KB, 390x313) Image search: [Google]
rayne.jpg
63 KB, 390x313
>>48263740
Please gib list anon, I'm working on her right now. I made it voltron

Could you give me any suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/how-bad-can-a-11-be/
>>
>>48263614
I know this anon. I think my group now understands this

>>48263774
>I need a phyrexia flavoured BUG commander if my life

The closest you will get is mimeoplasm, if you want to talk about og phyrexia though just about any mono black commander will do the trick
>>
>>48263889

Don't have a list one me cause I'm bored at work, but the first thing you should get is a Vanishing. It's basically the best thing for her.

Voltron might work on her, but I think it would be too tricky to pull off. What I learned is that you can't rely on your opponents targeting your shit, so you need regular card draw, too, especially since blue can only tutor spells.

You're definitely on the right track. I would suggest maybe fewer auras and more utility simply because you don't want to get blown out by a path because you drew more auras. Helm of the Gods is good, so maybe utility enchantments.

Also, get Misdirection effects. Misdirection, Spellskite (if you can afford it), Willbender, Mizzium Meddler, ect because it will keep your stuff safe and potentially draw more cards. I run a morph package for Vesuvian with things like Willbender and Spellsnatcher.
>>
Guys help

Do I build Muzzio or Jarad? I love artifacts and Muzzio looks rad as fuck but Jarad also looks neat and I like sac engines/outlets

Neither would be super turbo optimized
>>
>>48264243
Jarad
>>
should i change out profane command and solemn for jarad's orders and life / death or exhume?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v20/
>>
>>48263889
I like the deck anon, have you considered Thada Adel? She does mad work
>>
>>48263988
>The closest you will get is mimeoplasm, if you want to talk about og phyrexia though just about any mono black commander will do the trick

Vorthos i.e fluffy Phyrexia is subpar in Monoblack and I just want G and U to use most of their cardbase.
>>
>>48264243
Do you like cheating out fatties and Blightsteels? Play Muzzio. Do you like saccing your own shit do kill everyone? Play Jarad.
>>
>>48264344
>>48264344
Hm. Neither islands nor artifacts are super big in my meta. Bare minimum, I pick up sol rings, if I can land that hit, which is kinda iffy. I can stick Rayne's flying stuff on thada, but then I'm really moving away from the core strategy.
>>
>>48263044

Looks fine, but just a suggestion, there are three changeling cards that have the champion keyword, if you can get them out you basically can remove every permanent if reaper king is also out. Just an idea.

Mirror mockery is another great "When X attacks, put a token that's a copy onto the battlefield" that you could look into.

Obviously with five color you can go as degenerate as you want, but it looks to be a pretty moderate and non-cancerous power level so I approve.
>>
>>48262872
I think I will build Ramirez DePietro next

And only play the deck while drunk
>>
File: esta hombre.png (56 KB, 157x161) Image search: [Google]
esta hombre.png
56 KB, 157x161
>>48264026
I wonder about vanishing, just on account that I lose any other auras and the equipment falls off. I guess it does dodge field sweeps, which is pretty neat. Does vanishing reattach?

I do have all your suggested misdirect effects, + redirect, - expensive spellskite. Though it IS pretty cute, and I have one, but it's for another deck...I ramble, thank you for the suggestions!

Any particularly good card draw spells you think I'm missing? I dislike simple cantrips like ponder and brainstorm.
>>
>>48264482
On rum
>>
File: images(4).jpg (15 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
15 KB, 223x310
>Unplayed legendary
Unplayed Legendary
>>
>>48264443
>Bare minimum, I pick up sol rings

Anon it's one of the best cards in Magic.
>>
>>48264325
bumping for suggestions please
>>
>>48264507
Vanishing doesn't cause equipment or auras to fall off, they get phased with the creature they are attached too and phase back in still attached.
>>
>>48264507
You don't lose auras or unnattach equipments. That's what's so good about it.
>>
File: 109759.full.jpg (47 KB, 200x278) Image search: [Google]
109759.full.jpg
47 KB, 200x278
>>48264362
If you are deadset on phyrexia flavour I found this for you. Its not U but its what I could find
>>
File: 20160714_09_40_31.jpg (9 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
20160714_09_40_31.jpg
9 KB, 190x266
>>48264703
Maximum kek
>>
>>48264763
So much spicy tree tech, sure it wont see play in any format but hey im sure it will remain a $10-15 mythic for casual combo
>>
>>48264692
>>48264699
!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnba1fKRNZo
>>
File: 3382_200w.jpg (29 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
3382_200w.jpg
29 KB, 200x285
>>48262872
Can he be fun?
>>
>>48265082
>esper is good with artifacts and graveyards
>there is a fair number of artifacts that can pump your land count
>esper can run a strong control suite alongside it

It's either artifacts or control(or some combination thereof) with a voltron finisher. I think you could do some cute stuff looping burnished hart, solemn simuacrum, wayfinder's bauble with esper graveyard/artifact shenanigans, but at the end of the day it's a voltron strategy. If you like that, you could have fun.
>>
>>48264559
Rum has done very bad things to me in the past

There is a brewery near me that sells nautically-named beers, I'll buy from them
>>
>>48263740
Probably salty because you broke a rule. You can't change both targets of the Return to Spellskite.
>>
I want to make Boros-Flavoured Tajic Solders. I dunno if this deck will end up very good, I might end up having to splash into other sets like Theros, but I'm determined to make it work somehow. Any recommended cards?
>>
How good is Archetype of Endurance? Does it make you too much of a target?
>>
>>48265371
I would much rather have an Asceticism
>>
>>48264507

The thing about Phasing is that they just stop existing until your next Untap step. Equipment falls off, but auras stay. Nothing leaves or enters the battlefield, you just ignore them for awhile until they return.

The Misdirect effects are just nice because you draw cards, then move it to your opponents stuff and keep yours.

I happen to really like Brainstorm and ponder effects, but otherwise draw spells that don't cost 6+ are usually nice to have. Oona's Grace is nice cause you'll get a lot of lands, Deep Analysis, ect

>>48265342

6/1/2011 If the spell or ability has multiple instances of the word “target,” you choose which target you’re changing to Spellskite when Spellskite’s ability resolves.
6/1/2011 By activating Spellskite’s ability multiple times, you can change each target of a spell or ability with multiple instances of the word “target” to Spellskite, one at a time.
>>
>>48265426
>One other target
>OTHER TARGET
>OTHER
>>
File: nonon.png (119 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
nonon.png
119 KB, 256x256
>>48265401
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs
>>
>>48265371
I like it as an Arcane Lighthouse on legs.
Puts your dudes at a decent position and you can still clone it to cancel it out.
6.5/10 CMC is too high
>>
>>48265453

Hrm. No none caught that, but the only difference would have been drawing 2 less cards because I would've moved the target on Rayne's vanishing.
>>
I want to go FAST

Who is the best commander for going at hypersonic speed to either fuck up the entire table in a single turn or crash and burn horribly
>>
Tasigur, Ghave, or Prossh for a Seasons Past styled recursion deck? I feel like Tasigur/Sultai in general is the obvious choice but I'm specifically building this as more of a midrange casual deck so I'm leaning towards Ghave.
>>
>>48265653
Scion of the Ur-Dragon Hermit Combo. You win by turn 2 or not at all.
>>
>>48265655
Tasigur reads "any infinite mana combo instantly wins the game". Ghave and Prossh will make you public enemy number one the second you reveal, though.
>>
>>48265401
Much less synergy, as the archetype is a creature in green. So that's pretty nice. Contributes to most good green draw(stuff based on number of creatures), and easily tutorable.

Asceticism is stronger overall, but they each have their place. Also, hey, now you can target their Narset.
>>
>>48265653
Heartless Hidetsugu
godspeed
>>
>>48265655
You have to build Tas a particular way to make it a resilient deck but there's less potential for getting hated off a table than there is with Ghave or Prossh.

In my opinion it's easier to build a casual Tasigur deck than it is for the other two, despite the fact that he does kill with infinite mana. He's more political (give me my counterspell back and I'll stop his boardwipe) and you can play anything from instant tribal to battlecruiser goodstuff control.

Ghave and Prossh have the problem that it's difficult to build a mid-power deck that's fun to play more than once or twice. It's easy to make a weak do-nothing deck with either of them, but it's also pretty easy to put a few good cards in and have either of them accidentally go nuclear.

>>48265653
If you're talking competitive, I believe 5C Druid or Zur/Jeleva Storm/Doomsday are the fastest decks in the format.

Otherwise, consider Mayael/Gahiji hasted fatties, or Urabask chaos/mutually assured destruction.
>>
File: 20160708_163916.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160708_163916.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>48262872
I just got a signed vhati il dal the other day!
>>
>>48265825
Oh gosh that looks silly

>>48266252
>>48265699
I'm not really looking to lose my group, they're low-power and I don't want to devastate them, but I can appreciate those decks. Mayael might be alright
>>
>>48266326
Mayael is great, big dumb fatties that you cheat into play or ramp into its literally Magic: the Craw-wurmening

I play her in my casual/budget meta
>>
i want to be that guy and play winter orb
which card can i use to tap it on my upkeep so i don't have to suffer its efects?
>>
File: Kill Switch_NE.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Kill Switch_NE.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>48266508
>>
>>48266508
Clock of Omens
Icy Manipulator
Relic Barrier
>>
>>48266326
You could always just do fair Scion of the Ur-Dragon. He's a bit more Durdly, but can oneshot each one of your opponents, with Moltensteel combined with Skittles/Dragon Tyrant. (Or a shitton of lifegain.)
>>
>>48266553
Without a way of putting those back in your library you'll only one-shot one person.
>>
>>48266508
Lodestone Myr
Clock of Omens
Ghirapur Æther Grid
>>
>>48266522
>>48266552
i activate them durin my upkeep, or the opponents end step?
>>
>>48265653

If you want suicidal charges and maximum coin flippage through ability manipulating, Zada can't be beat.

If you mean "fast" as in efficient, any of the tier 1 commanders would really do it. Prossh can win with a god-hand in one turn supposedly if no one packs disruption.
>>
>>48266567
Generally I end up killing at least two people off Scion. If you have enough red mana, Tyrant's firebreathing can kill by itself; Moltensteel can kill by itself if you're at full life, and Skittles is abusable with pump effects and double strike, both of which are obtainable in the deck. The real trick of the deck I like to use is filling my grave up with Dragons off Scion activations, then turning Scion into Savage Ventmaw and using the ramp to get off a Rise from the Dark Realms.
>>
>>48264470
Thanks for the suggestions, didn't know about the champion thing.

But what if I want it to be a cancerous power level?
>>
>>48266589
Upkeep, I believe you can activate the kill switch before untap step
>>
>>48266846
Wrong.
>>
>>48266873
Thanks for letting me know!
>>
>>48266730
>Prossh can win with a god-hand in one turn supposedly if no one packs disruption.
Dang anon, how?
A turn 1 tainted strike kill seems like it would cost at least 8 mana. 6 for prosh, 1 to entomb anger/concordant crossroads, 1 for tainted strike.

And if it's a foodchain thing, that seems like it's even more mana.

sol ring, manacrypt, dark ritual, land...and somehow you need to filter some of your mana for RGB...teach me your wizardry.
>>
Scroll Rack
Mind's Eye
Staff of Nin
Tower of Fortunes
Sensei's Divining Top

What are other good colorless draw engines in EDH?
>>
>>48266949
Draw sources(if not engines) include:

old Kozilek, sandstone oracle are great.

carnage alter is kind of shitty, but it exists and can be good.

In the right deck you can take good advantage of skullclamp.

sword of fire and ice
>>
>>48266831

You'll need to cut down on flavor and increase efficiency. Believe it or not running thirty creatures might be too many. There are a LOT of powerful sorceries, enchantments, and instants you could use.

Cards like Rhystic study or Mystic Remora are better card draw engines then any draw X spell, and Remora is a bulk rare. Run as much artifact ramp as you can, in order to ensure you can cast powerful multicolor spells like Maelstrom Nexus. Consider continuous bouncers like Deadeye Navigator to really ruin a boardstate. Clone legion is a great curve topper.

Defense of the heart is basically reads get two creatures destroy two permanents if your King is out. Tooth and Nail is similar. There are literally dozens of spells with interesting synergy with Reaper King that aren't just scarecrow creatures, and a few good gatherer searches should set you up.

Basically, when you have access to ALL the colors, packing goodstuff (Examples: http://commandertheory.com/) is strictly better than using something like a fang skulkin. The issue is, by doing this you run up your costs exponentially, and decks get samey. But to be degenerate you basically have to think, build, and play like a spike. I would recommend doing this, as EDH is supposed to be fun.
>>
>>48267021

Not recommend doing this*
>>
>>48267044
Everyone at my LGS has a "fuck you" commander deck anyways. I want it to be good, but not top tier or anything like that. Thanks for the tips, will put some of them to use.
>>
>>48264325
>>48264325

Solemn is too good don't cut it

Profane command is fine but jarads orders is more important to your deck
>>
>>48266326
I think she's best played with a couple of haste enablers (if you want to go suicidally fast, Mass Hysteria is your card), some dorks, and the 25+ most impactful creatures you can find.

Slam Avatar of Slaughter and Blazing Archon, then scream loudly during every subsequent combat step. Lock the game down with Iona or Realm Razer. Clear paths with Bogardan Hellkite, Angel of Serenity, and Dragonlord Atarka. Cause hurt feelings with Blightsteel and Archetype of Endurance. The fun is limitless.
>>
>>48267188

Also life death is really good, exhume is more powerful potentially but I'm not a big fan in multiplayer
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/isperia-commander-of-the-skies/

I don't know how else to improve this maybe other than D-Lord Ojutai and Talrand
>>
What's the best fireball for commander?
>>
>>48267474
Comet Storm.
>>
>>48267474

Comet storm is the most mana:damage efficient of the ones that can hit multi targets

Banefire is useful for powering through mother of runes and counterspells
>>
>>48267536
Yeah, it doesn't get mast Mother of Runes.
>>
>>48267615

Oh shit you're right my bad
>>
>>48267615
You just target Mother of Runes among other things and they have to chose whether to save it or the other things.
>>
>>48267188
i was only thinking cut him because i have more draw and mana accel, he turns into a dead drop past turn 6 but okie doki
>>
>>48267731

He was referring to my mistakenly saying banefire can get through pro-red from mother of runes, I only mentioned mother of runes as the first damage prevention effect off the top of my head but he's right that protection from red still counters banefire
>>
>>48267731
So how exactly are you hitting multiple targets with Banefire?
>>
>>48267412
Anybody?
>>
>>48267751
>>48267757
Ah, my mistake, thought you were talking about Comet still.
>>
>>48267763

I don't really like your enchantment subtheme, Starfield of nyx can go, stasis snare should be path to exile, citadel siege is mediocre, vessel of paramnesia is atrociously bad, unless I'm missing some kind of reanimator theme you have

Speaking of which, you're missing two of the best flyers in wu, that happen to combo: karmic guide and reveillark, although looking at your creatures, you don't have enough small flyers to make reveillark all that great, and you really should, I would cut some of your 6-7 drop flyers for low cmc flyers to benefit from all your +1/+1 effects

Another aspect of all your 7 drop flyers and such is that you don't have much ramp, if you want to run a low ramp list you should be focused more on low cmc flyers

You should have sphinx's revelation for flavor alone, but it's also one of the best wu cards and it should be there I think
>>
>>48267865
Would it help if I said my meta isn't exactly super competitive? But thanks for the advice I'll what I can do
>>
>>48267908

I didn't mean to be harsh, I'm sure you're deck is fine in many metas, I was just giving you some ideas on what to change if you want it to be better

Also forgot to mention that yes, Dragonlord ojutai should definitely be in the deck, goes great with your always watching
>>
>>48267412
Avacyn
Iona
Normal linvala
FoW
Mana drain
Counterspell
Dual lands
Fetches
Manlands
Mana crypt
Crucible
Wasteland
Stripmine
All of the swords of x and y
Ghostly prison
Winter orb
Enlightened tutor
Sphinxs revelation
Boardwipes
Probably more but im out
>>
>>48267908
Get wonder
>>
>>48267927
You weren't being harsh. I just gotta dig through my shit and see what I can easily replace
>>
>>48267955
Wonder doesn't work the way you think it does.
>>
>>48267256
>>48266730
Yeah I was going for more of a death or glory approach, they look pretty good too

Thanks fellas
>>
>>48267955

Wonder doesn't really make sense to me in a flyers deck, though it's a great card
>>
>>48267993
My guess is he thought it worked on cards in your library, so it could "turn on" the cards in your library to be tutorable with Isperia.
>>
>>48267945
I can't tell if this is shitposting or not
>>
File: image.png (140 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
140 KB, 223x311
>>48265360
>>
File: unnamed.gif (201 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
201 KB, 500x224
>>48268015
>asks for advice to make deck better
>is given advice to make deck better
>doesn't like advice given to make deck better
>complains about advice given to improve deck
>LOL U R SHITPOT TROLL HUEHUEHUEHUE
>/tg/
>
>>
>>48267044
But thinking, building, and playing like a spike IS fun
>>
>>48267412
raptor and mindscour are pretty bad, I think

you might be interested in isochron scepter. fire-shrieker is another fun artifact in isperia, if a little magical christmas land

I like archangel of tithes

another fun possible subtheme is spirits. a lot of spirits have flying, and if you run tallowisp you can get things from isperia and convert them immediately into stuff like pillory of the sleepless and other auras for two toolboxes
>>
>>48265360
Agrus Kos might be good
>>
File: 1468361989197.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1468361989197.png
8 KB, 493x402
>>48268114
>recommends all these ridiculous cards that are only used in competitive metas and end up costing $300+
>ignores the post I made about my meta not being super competitive and looking to see what I can replace
>durr he don't like my advice

I'm starting to recognize you, you fucking faggot
>>
>>48268114
it's like saying "why don't poor people just get more money" is all. yeah, it makes them less poor, and your suggestions would make the deck better, but it's not exactly practical to put into use.
>>
Are Ramirez's Raiders (pirates/nautical stuff) fun? I really want to try them, I don't care if they're not super competitive
>>
>>48268235
they're fun if you make them fun. if your group is the sort to play drunk, it'll be great.
>>
>>48268158
>>48267412
oh, another card I forgot is stonecloaker. it's good and versatile, but won't make anyone flip tables or complain, tutorable if you need it.
>>
>>48268235
>>48268252

More fun to look at the decklist and chuckle at the nautical card names than to actually play that pile of garbage
>>
>>48268305
yeah I wouldn't set out to build it seriously for more than one game at a time, and I'd spread its appearances out so it doesn't wear out its welcome and so you can gather more shitty pirate jokes
>>
File: koto.jpg (57 KB, 846x471) Image search: [Google]
koto.jpg
57 KB, 846x471
Ron Spencer used to be such an overworked artist.

I don't like his art much, but I have to respect that he painted his hands to the bone morning, day, and night to get MtG off the ground.
>>
>>48268305
>>48268346
I suppose you're right, I just want to play something gimmicky and fun

>>48268252
We like to drink and play
>>
>>48268409

I suggest building a deck that's gimmicky in-game rather than gimmicky simply from reading the card names
>>
>>48268358
I like Richard Kane Ferguson and Phil Foglio
>>
File: AlltheDicks.jpg (12 KB, 200x311) Image search: [Google]
AlltheDicks.jpg
12 KB, 200x311
>>48268205
>>48268221
This is why tg is laughed at in the magic community, even the reddit crowd isnt this stupid

>plz gib advice on budget deck
>plz no hurt my feeling
>i want to be able to win with a deck thats worse than a precon
Your deck is shit, fuck off back to kitchen table, edh isnt casual enough for you
>>
>>48268114
Anon, you know as well as I so that you were shitposting t1 control bullshit at the cost of an arm and a leg. If a deck is fleshed out recommend that jazz. If it's not, just drop like 3 cards and call it a day.
>>
>>48268443

I don't think the people who responded to you were very graceful but

you're an unbelievable fucking faggot, kill yourself immediately, pour acid on your face or something, fucking shit eating little fuckface
>>
>>48268462
>>48268485
>responding to the bait
>>
>>48268511

Every time

I can't help it
>>
>>48268443
Wrong. /tg/ has people at various levels of magic because it's anonymous, this more honest. Every other community circlejerks 3 to 5 decks and calls everything else trash. At least we understand how to have fun, please take your autism elsewhere. You're generally unpleasant and I see your shitty summer posts quite frequently as of late. Shape up or ship out.
>>
>>48267412
isperia, supreme judge
icefall regent
war tax
dungeon giests
azorious guildmage
return to dust
glacial fortress
myriad landscape
talisman of progress
wayfarer's bauble
temple of enlightenment
emeria Shepard
akroma (time spiral is 5 bucks, do it)
glory
karmic guide
rout
akroma's vengeance
supreme verdict if you are feeling saucy to spend for an uncounterable sweep
monasatary seige
faiths reward
>>
>>48268511
Fuck I know it always gets me. I'm a bad person...
>>
>>48268546
Shitpost
Thats like $23 worth of cards my deck is budget
>>
>>48268546
oh and mulldrifter
>>
>>48268485
>>48268530
Found the standard players, nice GW humans decks bros
>>
>>48268638
GW can get fucking nasty in EDH though, let's be fair
>>
>>48268614
>Pretending to be me

Go to bed, faggot.

>>48268546
Its good to get recommendations like this. I think I have some of those lying around somewhere
>>
>>48268659
True, i play teeg hatebears
>>
>>48268659
The new tamiyo makes we want to bant hard
>>
>>48268638

You should put bamboo shoots under your fingernails

And then you should cut your dick off and eat it
>>
>>48268638
Two things:
>standard
And
>implying g/w trostani isn't awful to play against
>>
File: 1361204796468.jpg (143 KB, 1233x1040) Image search: [Google]
1361204796468.jpg
143 KB, 1233x1040
>mfw my group doesn't run mana rocks
I think they need a healthy dose of Hokori.
>>
File: distortedneverface.jpg (8 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
distortedneverface.jpg
8 KB, 223x226
>thread is derailed by some faggot being upset that his advice wasn't taken by some other faggot
>>
File: slayer.png (123 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
slayer.png
123 KB, 223x311
What do you guys think I should run in my human tribal deck?
I have a few equipment I run, but no auras. I'm torn between these two, on the one hand the survivors gets it on the field and negates the equpt cost, which can be quite nice with something like argentum armor, or sword of vengeance, but the ironclad slayer is a LOT cheaper (but he's also a warrior, which turns off some of my anthems)

I honestly dunno.
>>
>>48268713
>>48268735
You 2 guys need to get a room and work out who is going to be the woman your flagrant public display of homosexuality is scaring the children, this is a sfw board
>>
>>48266949
otherworld atlas, howling mine style effects, serum tank, and candles of leng come to mind. deal broker is also a pretty sick looter in colorless, plus you get to run a draft card. feels good.
>>
>>48268762
No, it's a meta-shitposts talking about some defensive autist from days ago doing the same thing, except anon gave him reasonable recommendation and he summarily dismissed them in one line of greentext before begging for help.

This anon is just pretending to be retarded to prove an arbitrary point.
>>
>>48268697
The new tamiyo singlehandedly convinced me to change my vorel of the hull clade deck into a jenara asura of war +1/+1 counter/superfriends deck
>>
>>48268798
>mfw I was that guy

I'm glad I didn't take your advice since you're being such a fucking retard
>>
>>48268774
Mono white or other colors?
The new sigarda would be great for GW she is an angel but gives all humans and you hexproof and although its not a human sun titan goes in every white deck pretty much
>>
>>48268780
>a single comma
Christ anon, that was awful to read. At first I thought you weren't punctuating anything, now I think your brain might be borked.
>>
>>48268871
Called it. Everyone pack up and go home, nothing to see here. Please use a trip to identify yourself in the future so we're all aware of your high quality posts.
>>
File: survivor.jpg (73 KB, 445x311) Image search: [Google]
survivor.jpg
73 KB, 445x311
>>48268876
GW human tribal, Saffi is my commander.
I already have sigarda, she's a beast.
This is a question between slayer and auriok survivors, though if anyone has better suggestions they're welcome. I'm kinda starting to run a flicker theme.
>>
>>48263139
>And my group said BUG was weak
Your group is dumb
>>
>>48268677
>Teeg is $25 by himself
Fugg
>>
>>48268438
Raymond Swanland masterrace
>>
>>48268885
>i have no valid, comeback so im going to try and make? myself appear superior by correcting somone. on their grandma on a mongolian basket weaving board&
Wewladyourdeckisstillshit
>>
>>48268920
You are past the point of irony right now, you are legitmately fucking mad for whatever reason because people don't like you shitty advice. Its time to stop posting now
>>
I use perfect chinaman fakes for proxies of dual lands, imperial seal and basically anything else I want. I've never been caught and I resell them to potatoes all the time.
>>
File: 1394072473628.jpg (33 KB, 366x252) Image search: [Google]
1394072473628.jpg
33 KB, 366x252
I changed my Aurelia list to include creatures that drop multiple bodies + low CMC + a few looting cards and cutting a lot of the fat costs has made it so much better. I can actually win now. But I want more ETB tokeners.

Right now, I have
Mogg War Marshall
Blade Splicer
Pia and Kiran Nalaar
Knight Captain of Eos
Siege Gang Commander
Captain of the Watch

I'm even considering dropping Brimaz, Hero of Bladehold and Rabblemaster for other ETB Tokeners if they're good enough.
>>
>>48268965

He spiked to $60 at on point, I got him just a couple months ago for $10 though
>>
>>48269145
attended knight is a decent early game creature
>>
>>48269205
I think he might still be played in legacy or modern he was in that GW modern deck last year for exactly 3 minutes, probably why it spiked
>>
>>48269205
Lucky

I want to try him for hatebears or a heavy resource denial build
>>
>>48269271

Well yeah hes been in random legacy sideboards since he was printed, but I think his price rise was due to buyouts from speculators
>>
>>48269265
It's true. /tg/ is awkwardly high functioning, but I'm a diagnosed sperg. That's why I meticulously obsess over my deck for months, realize I had no idea what I was doing, rage quit, then start again. Circle of life.
>>
so I'm going to the prerelease sealed event after not playing MTG for a few years, how do I get up to speed on the Innistrad + spoiled cards?
>>
>>48269340
Go WU or WG, red and black are bad in soi/emn
>>
>>48269382
Go whatever you get passed

trying to draft the 'OP' colors is noob bait, if everyone tries to draft the OP colors, then they end up fighting over cards and everyone has a shit deck.

If you're the only UB player you will have a much better deck if your pod has 4 GW players because you had the best choice in cards.

source: I drafted ravnica and everyone went boros because it was the 'best' and I just consistently played gruul or dimir and smashed face because my deck had like 4-5 rares because people would pass me shit like soul ransom and consuming aberration.
>>
I Pithing Needled a Krenko today and made the guy concede after popping Mindslaver and making him swing at a Gwafa deck that had Lightmine Field out

Felt good
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/then-do-it-again-1/

new maelstrom deck, what am i missing? curve too high? not enough ramp?

landbase is missing fetches, shocks etc but i'll work on that next month
>>
>>48266589
During the end of your opponent's turn. The untap step happens first thing on your turn and players don't get priority during it. If Winter Orb is untapped when your turn starts, it's too late.
>>
So I'm running a Nicol Bolas theme deck which I enjoy, but since it's basically bad grixis control with no proper finisher aside big bad bolas himself, the deck completely relies on my ability to politick and manipulate the other players into killing each other/wasting resources on each other for it to win.

The irony is not lost on me, but is there a good combo finisher I can add to the deck to make it a little better? Bonus points if it fits Bolas flavor.
>>
>>48269509

Insurrection is a nice wincon in some metas, fits bolas flavor I think
>>
http://tappedout.net/users/DokuNoSquid/deck-folders/

rate me
>>
>buy a single return to ravnica pack for no reason other then an impulse buy
>rare was a underworld connections, oh well didn't expect to pull anything good
>see a shine in the corner or my eye
>it's a fucking foil bloodcrypt

Now I'm really really tempted to make a Rakdos deck. Suggest rb commanders please.
>>
>>48269548

Grenzo is my favorite straight rakdos color commander
>>
>>48269540
> deck has tons of steal/copy effects
> I never considered insurrection
> there's a sliver player in my meta

Thanks anon, for reminding me of that card. In it goes.
>>
>>48269548
Just do grixis or jund, rb decks tend to end up rakdos eldrazi
>>
>>48269588
There's other commanders that exist other then Lord of Riots ya know.
>>
>>48269548
malfegor or lyzolda. good luck
>>
>>48269548
Rakdos lord of riots for beatdown and fatties. Grenzo for graveyard craziness. Makes cards like reito lantern, epitaph golem, and junktroller into all stars.
>>
>>48269598
Grenzo was already mentioned. I know there is a shitty third one that is much better in the 99. It has a k in it somewhere. I know kresh is jund.
>>
>>48269548
Exava is a fun +1/+1 counter tribal commander
Kaervek is interesting if you wanna play rakdos control
Malfegor if you want an alternate playstyle, he's hard to build around but interesting
Olivia, Mobilized for war is really really cool if you like vampire tribal, but you don't want to be constrained into only running vampires
>>
>>48269548
>underworld connections followed by foil bloodcrypt

There's something oddly magical about that.
>>
>>48269598
I am astutely aware of this, but there is a reason he is the most popular commander of rb decks
>>
>>48269650
Because of rtr babies?
>>
>>48269642
>playing sealed limited Shadows draft
>not fnm bullshit, real deck lists and prize support
>guy across the table cracks a foil avacyn
>that was in the pack backwards, so the purifier side was facing out
>guy proceeds to shit on everyone and win the tourney
Magic is spooky sometimes.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-14+at+01.00.22).jpg (98 KB, 432x595) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-14+at+01.00.22).jpg
98 KB, 432x595
>>48269548

this bad bitch is probably the best rakdos commander and it's not hard to see why when the entire color theme is suicidal advantage seeking
>>
>>48269548
Tsabo Tavoc
>>
>>48269650
>the most popular commander of rb decks

every red black deck i've seen has always been some clueless old man playing Mogis with a bunch of shitty durdle cards

go home grandpas
>>
>>48269688
I could run that with edgewalker in a mardu tribal. Not sure why, I just have a thing for clerics recently.
>>
>>48264985

>wont see play in any format

I can't hear you over how hard that card is going into my Doran deck.
>>
>>48269677
No because most rb players have more narrow vision than mono red players. Not saying rb is bad but I would rather run grixis or jund.

>>48269726
I probably should. Its been a long day
>>
File: lord of riots is for pussies.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
lord of riots is for pussies.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>48269548
Go straight to the deep end and play OG Rakdos! Don't let his card text scare you, he's honestly fun as fuck. Suicide RB or go home! He is sure to really spice up your game for the entire table.

Something about him makes everyone chill and have fun with the game unless you have that one tryhard faggot at your pod. They honestly can't get mad even if you swing at them or even go as far as to hold back their disruption cause they wanna see him in action.

Your impulsive decision to randomly buy that pack rewarded you with that foil. Take it all the way!
>>
Lord of riots is more like a colorless commander anyway.
>>
>>48269760

I don't really understand why you would play this card outside of kaalia

Like does it really feel good if your opponents take pity on you and don't path to exile after your attack trigger resolves?
>>
>>48269827
it feels good to suit him up and defile some bitches

even if it's magical christmas land
>>
>>48269827
run him in a deck with protection and redirect
use black hand disruption to clear out removal
use stifle style effects to cheat him in
run lots of demons to offset the cost

it's almost like he's a casual, build around card, but running a deck that isn't 40% staples and can't combo out turn 4 doesn't really make sense in a competitive format like edh
>>
>>48269827
>>48269898
Just run him in jund with that new sorcery that puts all your lands from the yard onto the battlefield tapped.
>>
>>48269877
Off topic post

>>48269548
Grenzo gobbos
>>
>>48269630
>Olivia

Shes honestly better for enabling reanimator via her discard rather then tribal vampires/dumbaggro. You're pretty much fucked by a single boardwipe or people focusing their removal on you.
>>
Is Newzuri as broken as everyone was hyping him up to be or is he okay? He on the same level as Mizzix?
>>
>>48269827
Oh yea, he's totally trying to take this deck to a GP and top the whole edh event. Fuck having fun amirite?
>>
>>48269949

he's probably the best infect commander other than skithryx
>>
>>48269948
You shouldn't underestimate RB's ability to come back from boardwipes, red is the color of wheels and red can draw for days.
Couple that with a cheap commander and a way to use dead draws (give haste for free, hell yeah) and you've got a pretty sweet commander.

Think outside the box a little, granting haste for (essentially) free lets you do some crazy shit, like dropping an eldrazi titan and triggering annihilator before anyone can respond (outside of instant removal, which can fuck literally any deck so fuck off with that dies to doomblade bs)
>>
>>48270007
*black can draw for days
>>
Wow, I didn't expect to get so many replies this late at night.

Well so far at a glance, I'm looking at: Grenzo, Kaervek, Malfegor, and Defiler Rakdos.

The last two because I am a bit of a sucker for alternate playstyles or things that really change how I play. Kaervek looks neat for a group slug deck and looks way better after reading he hits creatures too. Grenzo seems like the most stable of them all but I could see potential in him too.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
>>
Best b or w discard cards? I'm looking for something like carrion feeder but discard, or an off colour wild mongrel.
>>
File: 53.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
What's your favorite underplayed card? Mine is pic related.
>protects itself or your other creatures from removal
>can act as a better maze of ith
>deals with abilities too, you can use it to temporarily stop an edric or a glen elandra or something or to interrupt creature based infinite combos like kiki-conscripts
>can't be interacted with except by things that counter abilities
>makes your dead disenchant effects live
Just earlier today an oloro player passed the turn with a felidar sovereign, a fuckton of life, and a rhox faithmender. I turned the sovereign into an enchantment on his end step, untapped, made the faithmender an enchantment, then cast return to dust on both of them.
>>
File: 145285736458.jpg (12 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
145285736458.jpg
12 KB, 325x325
>cast rakdos
>harmless offering
>curse of the nightly hunt
>maze of ith rakdos every turn
One salty opponent
>>
>>48269949
He's good for infect as>>48269984 said, other than that he's easy to milk out experience counters since dorks and bears trigger his ability. Still doesn't hold a candle to meren though
>>
>>48269898
>>48269912
>>48269976

Guys rakdos the defiler is awful, unusable, in a CASUAL meta

Do you not understand that all it takes is a removal spell? Even the most casual decks run removal

All my decks for medium low power meta too, I just dont understand why you would run a card that literally relies on your opponents kindness to not be complete selfdestruction

Like even in the most casual metas you still expect your opponents to try to win right?

Also I'm not seeing the fun, you can just run pox if you find it fun to have everybody sac a bunch of permanents
>>
>>48268743
every playgroup needs a healthy dose of hokori
>>
>>48270087
Sadly, most players will target a hokori player on sight.
>>
>>48269548
Grenzo is fucking dope with cards like magus of the moon and mindclaw shaman
>>
>>48270036
don't hurt my Ddric he dindu nuffin
>>
>>48270087
>>48270100
As they should. Fuck that guy. I bet you degenerates run winter orb and balance.
>>
File: storm.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
storm.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>48270036
that's some pretty sweet janky tech. here's mine
>returns cards allowing you to ETB trigger again
>can return himself in order to reuse him
>flies
>makes tokens
>if you have doubling season out he can return himself and another token and put 4 soldiers on the field for 4
>cyclonic rift reads: target soldier player cackles maniacally
it's a shame he doesn't have flash and he's a bit too expensive, but he's a great card. so many sweet interactions, he may not be very good (honestly if I wanted to really tune my deck I'd cut him) but the amount of fun he nets me is worth keeping him around.

>>48270082
play rakdos, pass
untap, swing with rakdos, opponent 'lol swords'
then you 'lol wild ricochet' and exile their 2 best creatures, then they sac half their shit.
>>
>>48270030
How about tresspasser il-vec? Some people in edh don't expect shadow to make an appearance
>>
>>48270123
Balance is banned m8
>>
>>48270123
I'm sorry for having fun wrong
>>
>>48270133
Jesus, that's some value. I might find a way to sneak it into kataki. If only it had flash.
>>
>>48270143
Good. I'll tell Mike that he's a cock sucker using it last week.

>>48270158
Your fun gets in the way of my fun. All I want to do is ramp into fatties. Or reanimate fatties. Or hard cast them a turn slow because there are so many in my fucking deck. And you'll shit all over that on t2 with a good draw, or t4, right as I'm about to drop my foodstuff.
>>
>>48270168
I personally would avoid using it outside of soldier tribal or unless you're doing bant flicker stuff or token stuff already.
It fits my saffi deck really well because it does all 3 of those things, but without a lot of synergy his overcostedness really becomes evident.
>>
>>48270133

Sweet magical Christmas land scenario

Wild ricochet is a cool card though
>>
>>48270193
>Good. I'll tell Mike that he's a cock sucker using it last week.

The fuck? Someone actually used it in a game of yours? Got a story to go along with that?
>>
File: mytsabo.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
mytsabo.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>48269725
My man!
Tsabo is overcosted, but look at that flavortext!
>>
>>48270168
oh yeah I almost forgot, you can also use kor skyfisher with him to pay 1W and put a 1/1 soldier on the field as many times as you want, great lategame mana sink.
>>48270206
>reverberate
>ricochet trap
>despise style spells
>rakdos' return before combat
>reroute
>imp's mischief
>muck drubb
>shunt

also don't be a dumbass? don't swing if your opponent isn't tapped out and you have no protection?
>>
>>48270321

Reverberate doesn't help
Ricochet trap doesn't help against 4 colors
Duress will just get your rakdos killed before attacking, a great victory for a shit deck to be sure

Muck drubb is cool though, never seen that one before
>>
>>48270260
Sure, it's not that interesting.

>playing my maelstrom wanderer land ramp against his monowhite anafenza weenies
>get off to a good start, hit the deadly Birds of Paradise with Sword of the Animist equipped combo
>he's durdling uncharacteristically, his deck is all about low cmc and value
>ramp up to 7 lands super quick, decide to blow them on a scry-assisted animist's awakening
>hit 4 lands, I'm golden for the game, if I draw another land I'm going to asceticism into wanderer then pray for rain
>he has 3 mana up on his turn, missed a few land drops, casts fucking balance
>I have to put 8 lands into my graveyard, and blew my was on a fancy magical Christmas land hand
>I have no cards in my hand because of course I don't
>proceeds to ping me for 2 commander damage for 11 turns after he drops winter orb the next turn
>>
>>48270389
Something tells me that Balance was an EMA Balance.
>>
>>48270380
reverberate sure, my bad
ricochet trap still works, you cast rakdos last turn you have 6 mana up.
if they kill rakdos in response to you duressing then you get to look through their hand.

Assuming you drop rakdos turn 5 or 6, ignoring the rest of your board which might be awesome you can attach equipment to him, protect him with redirects, and do all sorts of other shit and still have plenty of mana to cast something to give him double strike or unblockable. His downside only happens when he attacks, so protect him before he attacks and you're fine.

I really don't understand why you're so against this, it actually seems like a fun deck to play and it's quite political too. You're not going to win every match but if you build a deck and play it how I've said you'll get his trigger off at least once a game I reckon. Unless your meta is horrifically bogged down in board wipes, control and removal you should be able to have plenty of fun with him, and even if your meta IS bogged down with those things, using redirect spells and rakdos control cards will make people think twice about killing him.
>>
>>48270424

It doesn't seem fun to me at all

Maybe I'm just especially risk averse but in my opinion it's fun to play cards and benefit from them, not work my whole game plan around protecting a liability

In my experience, just hoping your opponents don't have the answers is frustrating, not fun

Also one thing missing in your calculations is that you have to sac most of your lands and mana rocks when you swing with rakdos, puts a damper on your plans to protect him
>>
>>48270415
Yep it was. Barely cracked from the pack. I tried not to bitch too much, but that left a bad taste in my mouth and now I know why. This is also the reason I now worldly tutor heartless hidestugu.
>>
>>48270087
Tell me how to hokori
>>
File: I can punch guy.jpg (29 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
I can punch guy.jpg
29 KB, 401x367
>playing duels at lgs for boosters
>jhoira.dec
>t4 suspend emrakul
>JUDGE
>mfw
>judges fw
>opponent plays sol ring
>umm judge
>opponents fw
>move onto round 2
Ill take the win i want those sweet conspiracy boosters
>>
File: greater-gargadon.jpg (71 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
greater-gargadon.jpg
71 KB, 480x680
>>48270036
Damn thats cool.

I dont know if greater dong is underplayed, but I recently got one and I love it as a sac outlet.
>>
>>48270472
tap out your mana at the start of combat and it won't empty until the end.
Barrel Down Sokenzan is a nice piece of tech to return all your mountains to your hand before you swing, you can do the same with Sink into Takenuma for swamps. not ideal but better than losing them.
You can also spam tokens to offset the sac, and I'm sure theres a few ways to stifle effects.
You can run stax effects so everyone is just as bad off as you, dictate of erebos/grave pact lets you sac creatures to force your opponents to do the same, you can use herald of leshrac to steal lands then sac them, shit like mortician beetle to get advantages out of sac, undying/persist creatures also let you keep your board state while feeding the sac. deathrender, it that betrays, additional combat step cards

suicide rakdos is tricky and you can get blown out but there's rewards to be reaped. it definitely won't work out every time, but you can do some crazy shit, unlike a lot of commanders you can't just slap good cards in and expect it to work, you really need to build around him but I think he can work to the point where you'll have fun.
>>
>>48270495
mana rocks, incremental advantage, and white stax/artifact stax
toss in an a few swords as win cons
>>
>>48270583

That's wrong

The rules were changed, mana is emptied from your pool at the end of each step
>>
>>48270082
of course you don't swing with him naked. you basically spend a bunch of time making up for the ground you lose when playing him, all for the opportunity to defile people. it's not about the card's value as a card, but for the satisfaction of pulling it off. yeah, he's a big target for removal and actively screws you, so you protect him, much like any other general dependent on attacking, and you put effort into mitigating the way that he screws you, like any other general with a drawback.
>>
File: Cabal Patriarch_OD.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Cabal Patriarch_OD.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
What Legendary creature do you wish based off of art was viable as a commander?
Pic related for me
>>
>>48270727

That guy is much better than rakdos the defiler at least
>>
>>48270727
Not viable in mono black? You need to learn how to produce mana my friend, because thats very doable.
>>
File: Reveka, Wizard Savant_HL.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Reveka, Wizard Savant_HL.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
>>48270741
I really don't think so, rakdos can be devastating if used correctly.
Cabal pappy is just crap

Also,
I'm considering building around pic related unironically, in blue, she's really good at shotgunning small utility creatures, and in blue, I can cheat ways of untapping her whenever (freed from the real)

What do you think?
>>
>>48270801

Nah, rakdos is way way worse than a vanilla commander from legends, cabal patriarch is at least a 6 mana 5/5 with repeated removal
>>
>>48270801
Intruder Alarm + Deadeye Navigator + Cloud of Faeries
>>
>>48270785
> You need to learn how to produce mana my friend, because thats very doable.

And a lot of creatures, preferably nontoken creatures.

I don't know, even in the magical Christmasland where I have him on the field with an infinite mana combo (or, crypt ghast/etc etc) and a shitload of creatures to sacrifice, it just doesn't seem to do enough, in my opinion.
>>
>>48270822
In my opinion, rakdos is low tier, but higher than vanilla legends and other high cost legendaries (see: Garza zol )

Again, you're entitled to your own opinion, this is just mine. Maybe in your meta rakdos is trash, but in mine, (or other more casual player's) he's solid.

We're just here to throw our legendary creatures in the ring and see who comes out world heavy-weight champion, so don't take it too seriously.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emrakul-groupstax/

Any ideas for this newmrakul deck? I've never built a colorless deck, and despite my initial derision towards newmrakul (time walking an opponent doesn't sound great) I decided to give it a try after someone was talking shit about it in an earlier thread. It started out as a grouphug/kingmaker deck with emrakul giving an extra turn to whoever was furthest ahead, but I prefer to at least try to win when playing edh, so I turned it into a colorless owling mine deck.

I'm especially interested in cards like storm cauldron that let me screw opponents over when I take their turn with Emrakul, and cards that ensure opponents (and me) always have a full grip.
>>
>>48270893

He's trash in every meta dude

All the work you put into to protecting him and suiting him up with equipment, you would have a suited up vanilla that has no risk of blowing yourself out, prolly a better color scheme too
>>
File: images(6).jpg (15 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
15 KB, 223x311
>>48270899
Ugin's nexus

Might as well throw planeswalker karn in
>>
File: dont.jpg (13 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
dont.jpg
13 KB, 500x287
>>48270899
More manarocks may be nice...

Seriously though, don't play kingmaker. You can play new'mraul fine without that.

Playing Kingmaker is like beating off your friend in the lead under the table while the rest of the table is forced to watch. Nobody wants to see that, or be stuck sitting at the table while you do it.
>>
File: ehhhhghhh.jpg (10 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
ehhhhghhh.jpg
10 KB, 202x184
>>48270944
But a vanilla legendary won't make the opponent wipe half their non-demon Permanents!

Its OK, i Agree to disagree, anon

>>48270955
>>48270899
And i know you're not building Kingmaker now, but that deck list almost says otherwise
>>
>>48264985
It is going right into my treeman deck.
>>
File: hank in hell.gif (903 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hank in hell.gif
903 KB, 400x300
>>48270826
Oh god she can literally kill the entire table off with that combo

T-thanks my dude

I owe you one
>>
>>48270948
Ugin's Nexus seems great! Karn was considered, but since the deck isn't going to be very strong Karn is more money than I plan on dumping into the deck. If I ever got a hold of one I'll probably throw it in my Teferi deck and proxy it in this one. I'm trying to keep cards at $20 or less unless I already own it.

>>48270955
In the last thread when someone said newmrakul was garbage I said he'd work fine as a kingmaker deck, but I am actively avoiding that option. Like I said in my first post I try to win when I play games. If anything I'd give the extra turn to the opponent who is furthest behind to help him out (and of course, direct as much of his removal and attacks as possible at the other opponents) As for mana rocks, any in particular? I try and avoid rocks that only make one mana, unless they have extra utility, or fit the theme like spectral searchlight.
>>
>>48270988
Which parts point towards kingmaker? I know howling mine effects are often used in grouphug/kingmaker, but they also help my wincon and give me much needed card draw for colorless.
>>
>>48270507
>sol ring
Wha-?
>Duel
You fuckin gay
>>
Anyone willing to give my deck a check out?
It's been doing pretty well in my fairly competitive meta.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rafiq-of-the-get-out-of-my-face/
>>
>>48271324
I'm gonna take Sun Titan out of it but I don't quite know what to put in, yet.
>>
>>48269740
I feel you man. I am stoked for that card.
>>
>>48271337

Why take sun Titan out?

It's one of the best white cards in edh
>>
File: 31751_200w.jpg (24 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
31751_200w.jpg
24 KB, 200x285
hey guys give me your thoughts on the viability of this deck

I have a vorel of the hull clade +1/+1 and charge counter deck, but I'm getting a little bored of it.

I really like the new tamiyo and wanted to build a bant deck in order to use her, so I thought of morphing my vorel deck into a jenara deck. The deck would include all the best +1/+1/charge counter cards from the vorel deck, and also a heavy superfriends theme with all the proliferate and planeswalker specific cards i can get

think it could work?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.