[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, my group has been watching a lot of heist movies like Heat,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 431x300
So, my group has been watching a lot of heist movies like Heat, Oceans Eleven, stuff like that. They wanted to run something along those lines, but our GM hasn't really run anything other than D&D or Rogue Trader. I was wondering if there was any systems that could work for this idea? Alternatively, ideas for cool heist ideas would also be cool. Just trying to help my friend out.
>>
>>48261106
Fiasco.
Shadowrun.
Cyberpunk 2020.
>>
>>48261106
Traveller.

You remember how the backstory for the A-Team was that they robbed a bank in Hanoi, but their CO died before he could confirm their orders when they got back? The team could be a SF team doing daring behind the lines shit that mostly involves stealing enemy shit / munitions / secret prototypes / NAZI GOLD or whatever.
>>
>>48261725
I thought shadowrun was cyberpunk fantasy or something, I'm not very familiar with it. The other two I'll look into

>>48262031
I like that premise. I'm realizing probably straight up criminals might be a little harder to do. Maybe special forces running crime ops or something would work better
>>
>>48262087
Shadowrun is cyberpunk fantasy alright. But your average session of Shadowrun is literally "someone just paid you to do a crime, so plan it and execute it". A series of heists isn't at all unlikely for a Shadowrun campaign.
>>
>>48261106
Hollowpoint, it's a system especially for Heists. Rather rules light.

>Heist Idea
The focus of the Heist is a plane. A big ol passenger jet, the players need to steal it, crew are optional.
>>
>>48261106
I mean, the first couple Thief games were pretty fun, from recollection, and that'd fit into D&D in a pinch. It sounds like you are looking for something more modern-ish though.
Heist ideas are pretty much going to be based on a thing to steal, some security to defeat, and dealing with the person paying. Shadowrun has a lot of things against it, but some of the best things FOR it are the fluff and feel of infiltrating a high-security compound.
>>
File: 1465252519836.gif (550 KB, 285x375) Image search: [Google]
1465252519836.gif
550 KB, 285x375
>>48262031
>You remember how the backstory for the A-Team was that they robbed a bank in Hanoi, but their CO died before he could confirm their orders when they got back?
Which doesn't make any sense because special operations like that aren't approved by just one guy. That's not how the military bureaucracy works.
>>
>>48261106

Fiasco.
>>
>>48261106

Savage Worlds
Feng Shui 2
>>
>>48261106
Heroic heist of corrupting artifacts from an already corrupted area using D&D or Rogue Trader (requested by Inquisitor). Start rough with training and practice heists. Comical errors are part of the fun and learning experience for you and the GM. Part of Shadowrun is keeping the guards alive to keep yourself alive. I've heard the Shadowrun rules are terrible, but the small amount of team design and mission planning stuff I've read online is good.
>>
>>48262552

Thirding Fiasco. Shadowrun is great but requires commitment to learn heavy rules and there is no guarantee that you will want to go longer than 3-4 sessions with this idea.

Alternately, run an Eberron: Sharn Campaign in whatever flavor of D&D you like.
>>
File: cia.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>48262126
>The focus of the Heist is a plane.
>>
File: shutupjj10410.gif (351 KB, 150x176) Image search: [Google]
shutupjj10410.gif
351 KB, 150x176
>>48262234
>A-Team
>doesn't make any sense

Does this surprise anyone?

I tried to run a heist game in PF about four years ago. It was kinda fun but very rapidly devolved into Ace Attorney: Judge Judy Edition at some point and I kinda can't remember how.
>>
>>48268203
I would imagine that an arrest happened.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.