[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer FB minor factions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: kali.jpg (360 KB, 505x676) Image search: [Google]
kali.jpg
360 KB, 505x676
So I was watching the warhammer armies blogspot project and I noticed that the fluff is for the most part as it literally copy pastes myths and legends from real world cultures and shoehorns it in the old world with slight spelling. Since /tg/ gets shit done and has made pretty cool fluff in the past, I was wondering if we could flesh out the other factions of Warhammer FB a bit more.
>>
File: tampon.png (274 KB, 262x601) Image search: [Google]
tampon.png
274 KB, 262x601
So what we know about ind is this.

a kind anon had the good idea here, lets take it further.
>>48255843
>>
File: seige of the great bastion .png (238 KB, 243x594) Image search: [Google]
seige of the great bastion .png
238 KB, 243x594
>>48255924
dumping what canon info we have of cathay, from tamurkhan and BRB
>>
>>48256030
do you have any more for araby khuresh and the like?
>>
File: cathay1.png (891 KB, 735x701) Image search: [Google]
cathay1.png
891 KB, 735x701
>>48256041
Theres on mention of araby being home to silk clad sorcerers summoning fire spirits out of volcanos in the BRB, still looking for more.

Khuresh is mentioned only once, in the monstrous Arcanum, as being home to Blood Nagas. Here, humans have no power and are merely slaves and prey to whatever horrors live in hose dark jungles
>>
File: cathay2.png (809 KB, 712x609) Image search: [Google]
cathay2.png
809 KB, 712x609
>>48256077
>>
So where do we start with this?
>>
File: cathay3.png (1 MB, 664x846) Image search: [Google]
cathay3.png
1 MB, 664x846
>>48256131
Just pitch ideas for some fluff involving these factions, keeping in mind what has already been established for them in the setting. The idea is to at least get enough to write them a worthy BRB fluff entry
>>
Alright. Lets start with a quasi historical start for ind since we know so little about them.

So humans start appearing post fall of anaerion right?
>>
>>48256208
Humans were always around, they just weren't doing anything aside from building mud huts and throwing sticks at each other until Cathay and Nehekara came into being.
>>
>>48256281
interesting. So are humans among the several creatures made by the old ones?
>>
>>48256348
Yes, elves, dwarfs, humans, lizardmen, ogres and halflings were all made by the old ones. Humans were supposed to be a fast breeding halfway point between elves and dwarfs that could fit any role, but they were so mutable in flesh and mind that they were considered failures. Look at how many human derived abominations there are in the setting like beastmen, chaos warriors, daemon princes and Undead
>>
File: khuresh .png (674 KB, 500x813) Image search: [Google]
khuresh .png
674 KB, 500x813
>>48256153
The only canon fluff we have on khuresh. its ruled by snake men and blood nagas, who are creatures of chaos. Not sure if aligned with the big 4 or if they have their own chaos gods like hashut and the horned rat. If we're making up the fluff though, i vote they get their own chaos god
>>
>>48256077
Forge World released an Eefreet/Ifrit, that might have some stuff on Araby.
>>
>>48256624
Can we base their chaos god on this deity?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasuki
>>
>>48256564
>and Undead
Undead can come in any flavour, we just only see human Undead primarily the most due to a limited model range, but in the BL a dwarf Tomb King exists. The Dogs of War Heinrich Krueger set had skelly dwarfs, orcs and elves as well.
>>
>>48256646
are there examples of elf vampires?
>>
>>48256646
Humans form the vast majority of the undead, and it was a human who was the original father of necromancy.
>>
>>48256640
Like a mixture of this, Khaine and sotek, with poison being s big part of it's background
>>
>>48257230
so big angry serpent lord who gifts his followers by making them more like sneks?
>>
Ideas for a 1 session WFRP adventure?
>>
>>48258043
Marienburger colony in Ind.
>>
>>48256708
The one recent example was an accident and was retconned.
>>
>>48258193
>oh shit i bit you elf bro, guess you are a vampire now
>nah, its cool.
wtf.
>>48258084
to add to this, try reading on some of the early missionaries or traders in india or the books they wrote on.
A more modern example would be willam Daryample's "The last Mughal".
>>
>>48258043

- Adventurers hired on as mercenaries for an expedition down into the Dark Beneath the World as a Dwarf Clan tries to establish a settlement and mining rights for the core of the planet.

- A dwarfish submarine crew trying to survive as their submersible breaks apart around them.

- Chaos Cultists trying to pull of a greater daemon summoning in Nuln.

- The governing body of Nuln fighting off the results of a successful daemon summoning.

- A alt. rock band trying to land the mid-show gig at the Bloodbowl Championships.

- A Norscan raiding party, debating where to attack, organising and raising supplies and men and then executing their attack.

- Oceans 11 in Marienburg,
>>
File: 1451528275821.jpg (533 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1451528275821.jpg
533 KB, 900x900
Arabyan magic mostly revolves around the Dhar or djinn. The winds are calm over most of the Southlands, leading to 'curdled' pools of magic (Dhar) used mostly by necromancers.

Djinni are unlined daemons, presumably comparable to the spirits of Kislev's steppe. They are bound (through trick or deal) by sorcerers who draw upon them to cast their spells (and compel the djinn to act as well).

Chaos worship can be found in Araby, but it probably mostly involves fucking with parts northern. Slaanesh and Tzeentch are favored.

Arabyan seikhs and especially fortunate pirates may be lucky enough to have djinn bound to their ships, who aid their masters by filling sails with wind or setting other ships alight.
>>
>>48258249
It's likely the Nehekharan elixir doesn't work on elves, dwarfs, or halflings.
>>
>>48258304
so they are like minor wood spirits like those in athel loren?
>>
>>48258324
Yeah. Most would be weak, some are powerful - those are the one that magi want, naturally.

The question is, naturally, how do they not perish far from their environ? Perhaps they are fed the life force of animals or even humans.
>>
>>48258374
I like to think of them as cold storage rooms. If the temp is cold enough, it reaches an equilibrium. Same with magical creatures. so you have small oases of magical creatures that are stable.
>>
File: Qelong-89.png (170 KB, 744x433) Image search: [Google]
Qelong-89.png
170 KB, 744x433
>>48258084
>Run Qelong but replace the lost shell with warpstone.
>Nagakin are Beastmen.
>Varangians are Tilean mercenaries.
>Add Skaven to taste

I am a genius.
>>
>>48258583
well, there you have it.

What other folk tales could you spin into warhammer?

>secret love child grows up far away from his princely brothers.
>is taken by evil cultists
>despite their evil nature he doesn't fall to chaos and is a stand up guy
>clashes with his brothers
>dies with honor at the end.
>>
>>48258583
There's an idea for powering djinn: warpstone. It plays off the 'exotic eastern alchemist' thing, too!
>>
In the BRB there's a line about "living volcano gods belching forth armies of elemental flame at the behest of silk clad sorcerers." Maybe the wind of aqshy blows through Araby but most of it gets bound up in volcanoes. Or, the volcanoes tap into the geomagnetic web or some other source of magic deep below the earth and bring it to the surface. Either way, we get fire elementals in araby from that. The spirits probably can't manifest too strongly when away from the volcanoes, so they agree to sorcerous pacts that bind them to magical items for a time that let them exist throughout araby
>>
>>48261264
so kinda like vaul's anvil having fire elementals?
>>
>>48256637
>>48256077
>>48256041
The WFRP 2e Tome of Salvation has probably the most in-depth accounting of the Araby crusades that I know of, and even then it's not much.

>>48258304
I thought that since they were far from either pole and relatively close in latitude to Ulthuan there wasn't even that much True Dhar in Araby.
>>
>>48262030
ulthuan is also a magical hotbed
>>
>>48262030
>I thought that since they were far from either pole and relatively close in latitude to Ulthuan there wasn't even that much True Dhar in Araby.

Relatively speaking, I don't think there is, but what there is pools and collects and just sits around.
>>
>>48262114
But that's because it's the drain.

Ulthuan sucks the magic from the rest of the world to keep it from flooding.
>>
>>48262188
yeah, assuming magic is a fluid, araby can be a place where some magic coalesces into a semi stable state.
>>
>>48262343
The more magic "Coalesces" in Warhammer the LESS stable it gets.
>>
Due to the more sparse winds of magic in araby, I see them having many more magical machines and devices like the luminarks and arcane battle altars of the empire. They probably also have some bastardized traditions from the nehekaran priests and perhaps even minor forms of necromancy
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.