[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me the bad news...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14
File: MalReynoldsFirefly.jpg (30 KB, 250x258) Image search: [Google]
MalReynoldsFirefly.jpg
30 KB, 250x258
/tg/, what's your status? How bad is it down there?
>>
File: image.png (681 KB, 608x1119) Image search: [Google]
image.png
681 KB, 608x1119
>>48254600
I have more unpainted models than painted ones
>>
>>48254600
Well the hull is breached, the crew is mutinous, and casual Friday just isn't taking off
>>
>>48254600
GM's unmotivated to idea for the campaign and we can't get a schedule together to pull off a sidestory to both try to inspire him and also have some kind of a game.
>>
File: 1449641804745.jpg (80 KB, 630x603) Image search: [Google]
1449641804745.jpg
80 KB, 630x603
>>48254600
The experimental re-wash over parts of the highlighting turned out A-OK on the test model, so now I get to do the exact same thing 20 more times.

In other words, all clear
>>
>>48254600

I've just moved more than two hours away from my nears gamer friend, lost my job, long running rpg campaign just ended unsatisfyingly and my dad died.

Overall, pretty fucking shit really.

But on the plus side I got a copy of the 1ed of 'A Study in Emerald' for half the RRP, which is nice.
>>
>>48254600
The party almost TPK'd to a bunch of rapey orcs with tentacles
>>
>>48254600
Well, one player wants to reroll again, another is having financial issues, and the DM is swimming in debt.

Everything's under control, how about you captain?
>>
>>48254600
My fourth foray into traditional gaming has died before it really got started. Just like the previous three attempts.

I don't know why I keep trying.
>>
>>48254600
got t carrried by a cyborg cat into a crowd of armed guards who are already looking for us while covered in blood....we died
>>
My circle of friends can't do shit for campaigns, no one except myself and two others attend the sessions or even respond to messages about future sessions. It's been four years and no one has completed a campaign, and for some reason some of these nitwits think starting new campaigns is a good idea. I just want to play the game dammit!
>>
My Deathwatch campaign has been put on hold so another group member can run a FFG Star Wars campaign, but I'm having plenty of fun playing a droid for once, so all good here.
>>
Attempting to create an encounter chart that is some semblance of usable for 5e, and have it take into account the presence of magic items. Also reworking the crafting system so magic items are economically feasible in settings like Eberron.

Also reworking the actual rarity of Magic items as a whole, because apparently a Belt of Giant Strength and a Potion of Giant Strength have the same value and Rarity.

Basically going full Aspie on a particular segment of an otherwise nearly perfect game system.
>>
>>48255057
are you me?
>>
>>48254600
I am like a leaf in the wind!
>>
File: cant wake uppp!.jpg (57 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
cant wake uppp!.jpg
57 KB, 940x627
>>48254600
ITS NOT GOOD MAN!

THANKS FOR ASKING!
>>
>>48254600
A TPK happend on Monday. To characters we've been playing for past 16 months
>>
>>48255725
I am like a plank in the ribs!
>>
>>48256020
How did the players take it?
>>
>>48254600
I am very alone, sleepless and drinking
>>
>>48256103
Badly. We were supposed to play today, but the game is postponed till Friday.

On the plus-side, we can now switch from Twilight 2000 to Infinite Earths, which we wanted to do since February
>>
>>48254600

I lost the Karkinos to a volley of Clarents.
>>
>>48254600
Terrible. Girl left me, no friends, quite depressed, no group, there probably isn't one in 100 km and I have 1 GB worth of internet during the day.
On the plus side, it's limitless 4G LTE after midnight.
>>
I haven't had a game in 4 years and don't even have anybody who I could try and drag into a game.

I'm actually trying to home brew a single player wargame to kill time with.
>>
File: christmas.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
christmas.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>48254600
I currently own, in print and in digital format, a gaming collection comprised of around 300 roleplaying games, board games, and wargames.

I have only played 5 of them.
>>
File: Sweet Jesus, help me.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Jesus, help me.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>48254600
Last time I've played a game it was 2005.

For past 11 years I've only GMed.
>>
>>48254600
I finally have money and am living on my own but no time to do anything I want and no one to do it with.
>>
File: its for you.jpg (148 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
its for you.jpg
148 KB, 768x1024
>>48257602
>13 years of running games
last time I got to play was D&D3.5, we quit because it was complete shit.
I had a human fighter and I didn't care if it was wrapped in a shit sandwich of a game system... I loved it

We're all gunna get through this

please let me die in my sleep
>>
File: cant wake up.png (71 KB, 1393x832) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.png
71 KB, 1393x832
>every online group I try to play in fall apart after the first game, if it gets that far
>forever gm
>gm for real life friends
>they are all have no critical thinking or role playing skills
>constantly try to feed them with good opportunities to role play and think in clever ways to get what they want
>all they want to do is kill things
>they try to kill all my npcs
>they feel no remorse from their characters dying
>they are still my friends though
>can't get them to stop no matter what I do
>can't just tell them to fuck off
What do I do?
>>
I have to go two full weeks without playing any sort of /tg/, working full-time the entire time. The last session I played, we fucked around for four hours trying to follow incredibly vague clues, and ended on a cliffhanger. I also spend the next two weeks knowing that even when I get to play again, I'll have to sit across the table from that guy.
>>
>>48254600
Its pretty sticky sir.
>>
I'm going to college, one of us is joining the marines, and one of us is moving as far out of town as he can possibly get, all within the next two years. We're the only three players who have kept one of our guys sane while he's stuck here.
>>
>>48254600
not as bad as it could be going, working on my own setting that i will eventually run quests in so i can get some experience before i go to ask my friends if they want to do some PnP stuff.

i'd say that i am about 30 percent of they way done with it, gotta get maps done eventually, fluff out the 9 islands which is going to be the majority of the work. go the way that magic works mostly down, got the 'religion' also mostly down, but as i said got the majority of the work in the 9 isles.
>>
>>48258508
Worst part of it?
Stuckguy and I are the Forever GM's in our LGS group who would shoulder the burden for one-another.
>>
>>48254600
Pushing double shifts including weekends. Team is down to 3 people out of original 7, the other two guys are taking turns with their vacation and the show must go on. Gotta endure until mid-September when I can drop the extra hours and start another semester of college instead
The closest I got to roleplay in past couple weeks was when somebody started hitting on me here on 4chan. So yeah, I've had worse.
>>
We haven't gamed in months and we won't for another month and a half until one of the players comes back from the army and the GM goes to university where he won't have shit internet anymore.
>>
>>48254600

It's /a/, /v/, /pol/, and Magical Realm as far as the eye can see. Me might not win this one, cap'n.
>>
Alrighty then, I kinda fell asleep while yous were all talking, but let's get to addressing ya woes.
>>48254625
Paint man, paint like you never painted afore!
>>48254637
Plug the hull breach with the crew then. You know, all casual like.
>>48254666
If you have to, throw a book at your DM. Some good fiction might lead to a solution.
>>48254747
Were things all clear before or after the re-wash?
>>48254767
...ouch. I ain't got nothing to console ya with, son/gal.
>>48255002
The worst kind of orc (though some might disagree). Glad you pulled through!
>>48255010
Drunk and eager to land.
>>48255016
...ouch again.
>>48255027
This is why you always clean one person so he looks all respectable and shit.
>>48255057
Shoot 'em. Politely.
>>48255063
Is it the droid you've been looking for?
>>48255069
Sounds a lot of math and bother, there.
>>48255098
Damn it, men, what have I told you about stealing each other's identity while on duty?
>>48255725
Good for you, sunshine.
>>48255864
NO PROBLEM!
>>48256020
Damn.
>>48256063
Your voice certainly is.
>>48256103
Orally, I imagine.
>>48257206
That makes two of us! Let us be alone *together*.
>>48257453
Gorram it, man, don't say I didn't warn ya!
>>48257529
Aye, I know the loneliness alright...
>>48257555
Do share when you're done, I'm sure the crew'd enjoy some one-man games...
>>48257560
Challenge for the remainder of the year: make that 6.
>>48257602
Amen.
>>48257634
Such is life, I've heard.
>>48258222
Learn to live with them, I guess.
>>48258460
Oh for the love of...alright, someone get me my gun.
>>48258508
An honourable end.
>>48258822
...I'm not drunk enough for this sh*t.
>>
>>48259571
What's your status, captain?
>>
>>48255057
>no one except myself and two others attend the sessions
That's enough people for a game. Drop the others and play with the reliable people.
>>
DMing a new campaign starting on Saturday. The party is going to be plopped down in a town where martial law was declared shortly after communication with the nation's capitol ceased following a massive sneak attack by diamond-riding plague robots from space three months prior. They will be dealing with the destruction of civil liberties and figuring out just what exactly happened.
>>
>>48257602
I love GMing. Ideally, I'd get at least some play on both sides of the table, but being forever GM wouldn't be so bad if I could only find a reliable group of good players who actually gave a shit.
>>
>>48259571
What are you drinking senpai? I just finished my bottle of wine, and I'm internally debating sleep, skipped last nights kip. Hope all's well with you OP
>>
>>48259956
My status is NSFW, lad, let's say no more.
>>48260009
Damn it, there goes that campaign idea...
>>48260318
Currently? Coffee. An' a damn strong one at that.
>>
>>48259571
Things were not all clear after the highlighting captain, which is why the re-wash was necessary... however we were uncertain if the re-wash would make things worse or better

yay for luck!
>>
>>48259571
I was that person I got snatched by my ally...who then charged into combat... since I said we need to run he thought run past the enemy
>>
Alright then, I'm headed to my quarters in a sec. Anyone wants to "help" me catch 40 winks (ladies?) you know where to find me. The helm is yours, mister...um...you. Yes, you, get over here.

>>48263367
Lucky indeed, I'd not mind seein' the results some time.
>>48263428
Fools run on where...uh...where normal people bring a big gun? I dunno.
>>
>>48254666
I feel the same, our gm is a good guy but he get depressed and unmotivated and just slips into a depression coma. I wish he could get his shit straight.
>>
>>48254600
Nice dubs, captain.

I'm working on a 90s action movie style campaign. Should be ready for the next Game Finder thread.
>>
/cry I have a whole cabinet full of unbuilt un painted minis...
>>
>>48267190
Also no FLGS near me either.
>>
My backup character has multiplied into a backup party.

I can't stop making characters, help.
>>
I wish to play boardgames. I live in a major city but can't find SHIT in the way of groups to do it with.

Fuck the south.
>>
File: sad hannibal.png (307 KB, 427x559) Image search: [Google]
sad hannibal.png
307 KB, 427x559
I've been browsing /tg/ for 2 years, read and lore binged on a dozen different games, and spent countless hours thinking of hypothetical campaigns and scenarios.

I have yet to play a single session of anything.
>>
File: 72898ac5e7278354becdf.jpg (114 KB, 596x648) Image search: [Google]
72898ac5e7278354becdf.jpg
114 KB, 596x648
>>48260031
>I love GMing
>being forever GM wouldn't be so bad
Wait till you end up trapped as a GM for more than a year.
>>
File: 1442417240082.png (488 KB, 322x387) Image search: [Google]
1442417240082.png
488 KB, 322x387
>>48267447
>2 years

Try 6 years.
>>
>>48254600
The albino is infected with an alien Instrumentality virus, the team leader is juggling treason with boy problems, the manu has an imaginary friend after being Winter Soldier'd, the amnesiac is inviting his ex-cyborg wife to his girlfriend's birthday party, and the punk's little sister is being soldered into the robot projecting an AT field across the city.

So, a pretty fun Adeva game.
>>
my longest lasting campaign got cut short by the GM not wanting to drop players and exchange them

we also kinda destroyed the mood by playing way too over the edge in what was supposed to be a lighthearted game

I mean fuck, one guy said that he started bleeding from his face like a madman and I felt like I had to one up that fucker

There was also the fact that I made a minmaxing fuck and started to destory the mood by myself as well, blaming me on that one

it also dosent help that this marks the fourth or fifth campaing that I will never finish, restating the fact that roll20 only works to break hopes and dreams

currently setting up for a Ryutama campaign, hopefully this one won't die

also does anyone live in Vancouver? please someone tell me if there's a place to play some honest to god tabletop, Canada is filled with weirdos so there must be someone. I mean, it's fucking better than Colombia where you can't find any of that shit
>>
File: Saddest People.jpg (348 KB, 794x515) Image search: [Google]
Saddest People.jpg
348 KB, 794x515
>>48254600
Everyone except the party's cleric and inquisitor was petrified or afflicted with mummy rot. They are level 5, several days away from civilization, and on an island with hostile giants.

I thought they could handle it, that they wouldn't roll awful for 5 saves in a row. The sharkman's player was super salty about facing a medusa and her two mummy guards in a witch's cave. The ghost that was leading them around didn't tell them that there was a medusa since ghost, but he was upset about the the lack of forewarning.

Just never had near TPK like that.
>>
I got sick of mass painting skaven for a game I will likely never play again and gave up.

I'm getting into Infinity now but holy shit these models made me realize what a shitty painter I am.
>>
I have much less time for game thanks to the new schedule afforded to me by my new job.
Shit's bad, captain.
>>
File: Summer.jpg (55 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Summer.jpg
55 KB, 250x250
Autumn is coming.

Which means it's Summer.
>>
>>48268668
I live in Vancouver, and I ain't found much, Big Pete's in North Van has a D&D campaign running on Saturdays, but I can't attest to its quality, I think it's mostly casuals
>>
>>48254600
Welp, going back to a GURPS campaign that I hate. We alternate campaigns a bit and I'm looking at months of being stuck playing heroic fantasy in a system that does it horribly. Plus the GM never gives us any treasure or money or respect and we're just stuck in this slog of a shitty sequel to GDQ. I snuck a look at the book about a year in, the parts we'd already played mind, I'm no metagamer, and there's pages and pages of treasures and star sign benefits I haven't seen hide nor hair of. Been gaming with these folks for years and they're family at this point, but the only person I know for sure enjoys this game is the GM's wife. Sorry for the wall of text, but the campaign is just awful, and it makes me sad, because we have a great horror GM running Ravenloft and we could be playing that instead.
>>
>>48254600
My group doesn't want to play anything other than D&D5e, because they don't like doing math. They also don't like Sci-fi or modern settings.
>>
>>48254600
I'm gonna run a modern day NotDelta Green game in a Small Town US setting in three hours, I've been doing mostly dungeon crawls and low fantasy for the last two years so I'm really rusty for this style, anything to help me get the right tone?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.