[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. Did you know that Beskinski and Giger AREN'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12
File: Zdzislaw_Beksinski_75_2048x1536.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Zdzislaw_Beksinski_75_2048x1536.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Hey guys.

Did you know that Beskinski and Giger AREN'T the only artists that ever existed?

Pretty crazy huh?
>>
File: image.jpg (309 KB, 883x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309 KB, 883x593
>>
>>48253870

prove it faggot
>>
File: black iodl.jpg (229 KB, 1024x1016) Image search: [Google]
black iodl.jpg
229 KB, 1024x1016
>>48253870
Show me butthurt art school fag.
>>
>>48253870
Oh, great, he thinks he's an artist now.
>>
File: All Tomorrows by CM Koseman.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
All Tomorrows by CM Koseman.pdf
1 B, 486x500
CM Koseman, Wayne Barlowe and Roger Dean are my favorite artists still alive.
Favorite dead ones are Giger and Jean Giraud.
>>
>>48253870
Yes and?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8 KB, 260x194
>>48254108
Just scrolled to look at the pictures, now I have to read the text.
>>
>>48254249
That's also one of his earlier works, his more recent stuff is pretty good too.
>>
>>48253870

> provides neither names nor artwork
> posts a Beskinski
>>
>>48254265
so everyone's a schlong, or has one on their chest.

2/10, wouldn't be a short guy in that universe
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 500x632
>>48254108
Pretty good
>>
File: isitt-nightland-001.jpg (372 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
isitt-nightland-001.jpg
372 KB, 700x525
>>48254108
So many ideas to steal.

I need to now find a way of combining this with The Night Land.
>>
File: Gods01.jpg (479 KB, 1600x1222) Image search: [Google]
Gods01.jpg
479 KB, 1600x1222
>>48256075
>tfw your campaign setting is basically The Night Land + All Tomorrows.
Maybe a bit of Carcosa too. That's worth taking a look at if you haven't already seen it.
>>
I'm partial to Wayne Barlowe
>>
>>48256664
>Carcosa
Never heard of it.

Can you give me a brief summery?
>>
File: Carcosa-121.jpg (426 KB, 1154x818) Image search: [Google]
Carcosa-121.jpg
426 KB, 1154x818
>>48256979
It's a weird science-fantasy setting for old school D&D inspired by A Voyage to Arcturus and Lovecraft.
>>
>>48254669
nuh-uh, the upper head is actually the schlong, the schlong-alike is actually the head.
>>
>>48257272
>"We aren't the best at everything!"
>"Well, shit. Better give up then!"

It's like a HFYfag getting a reality check.
>>
>>48257324
Nigga, why you gotta bring that cancer up? Anti-HFY fags, HFY faggotry, everyone is just tired of this conversation.

Besides, you know there's going to be one individual human who fights off massively superior race because plucky courage or friendship or mutual assured destruction or some shit like that.
>>
>>48257377
I know, I know, it was just the best analogy I could think of.

I just find the idea of the setting seems a little off. Sure, Lovecraft explored concepts of the inconsequentiality of humans in the face of the universe, but that was the great revelation; the twist that turned the story. Here, it's already common knowledge, and has been for years. It seems odd that no-one is trying to better humanity just because other entities were better first.
>>
>>48253870
Bullshit.
>>
>>48253870
If there are, how come I've never heard of them?

Check and Mate.
>>
>>48257272
Alright here is the basic setting

Maybe it's some grim and distant future earth, maybe it's not.

There is no light. The sun has gone out.

The last teeming millions of "True" humanity live in a fuck huge arcology.

True Humanity consists of a number of subspecies;

The genius level Architects who know how all the shit works. Tall, frail, pale and bald with slightly larger heads.

The technicians who make all the shit work. Diminutive, six fingers per hand, extremely dexterous and good at navigating multi-dimensional mazes.

Farmers. They dwell in the field-caverns and tend the vertical vine farms. Typically very strong and surprisingly tanned for a world with no sun.

Soldiers. Pale, big black eyes, white hair, not as strong as the farmers but way faster. Good hand eye coordination. The ones most commonly seen beyond The Wall.

There is nothing in law about one breed being confined to a job typical of their breed but people tend to do what they can do well and after 10+ million years this has resulted in distinctive breeds.

Beyond The Wall is a dark and hellish place where the few surviving tribes of Near-Humans are hunted and devoured or killed without thought or notice by things infinitely their greater.

There are the Sub-Humans and Once-Men that can be seen to have a common ancestry with humanity but they aren't kin now. Some can't even comprehend the notion of kinship at this point.

There are other mundane predators kin to things man once walked under the sun with in better days.

But there are other things. Things from Beyond and Between and Within.

Huge living mountains of malevolence and things made to look like men but really, really aren't.
>>
File: Terranigma.jpg (522 KB, 1749x1200) Image search: [Google]
Terranigma.jpg
522 KB, 1749x1200
>>
>>48257272
>"the lot of mankind does not permit it the luxury of theoretical speculation."

But that's all that 4chan is!

>stunted scientific progress
>stealing such technologies is easier than inventing them

Sounds like China today.
>>
File: blumbomeniformes.jpg (224 KB, 735x474) Image search: [Google]
blumbomeniformes.jpg
224 KB, 735x474
bump with more Snaiad cock-monsters
>>
>>48257324
>giving up like a cuck because you have to work to back up your claims
>a reality check
Maybe to you, you fucking coward
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.