[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FINAL DUNGEON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: eye in the deep.jpg (321 KB, 1035x1600) Image search: [Google]
eye in the deep.jpg
321 KB, 1035x1600
What goes in the Final Dungeon, /tg/?

I've got a party of first-time players reaching the end of their first campaign, and I want to make it memorable. They've got to bust into an ancient, ruined advanced magical research facility. Get to the central ritual chamber, usurp the power of the gods, use said power to defeat the Eye Beneath the World, etc. I need ideas for traps, mad experiments, crazy rooms, etc. Help a GM out?

It's 5e D&D, party is 12th level with good teamwork. I've been having trouble seriously challenging them, and I want to put them through the wringer here at the end.
>>
Oh, I forgot: for inspiration, please tell me about final dungeons or final missions from your campaigns!
>>
>>48244709
>Dungeon run
>memorable ending

[doubt]
>>
Tesseract rooms
Literal holes in reality (like a portal to Plane of Fire used for heating, melting iron, summoning creatures...)
Reliquary full of relatively hi-tech shit, left over from Predecessor race that walked this world before Eye Beneth ever blinked for its first time
Hall of Magic-Cryo-Frozen heroes that got there before
Maze with invisible but almost indestructible walls
Magic mirrors that lure heroes in: they show tham better life, what they dream about, how they would be if something didn't happen. Willpower saves heroes to not walk in and get trapped
Magic mirrors that spit out angry, twisted, evil copies of heroes. Same level, same character, almost same skills, but philosophies and principles of copied hero are twisted to be the edgiest shit
A wide hall that makes any sound made in it much louder. Like, "my ears are bleeding and skull is squeezed by this sound" louder.
Stele crystals: twist some game mechanic for several turns. Now you get refreshing of abilities and spells not for resting, but for the most cruel murder. Now you can get bonus to your roll if action involves some part of baneposting meme. Now you are the monsters.

Damn, "Chronicles of Siala" and "Dungeon of the Endless" are dope
>>
>>48245110
Everything's good, when done right by good GMs and good players. Even the worst and wrongest of fun.
>>
>>48245156

Ohh, thanks for this. This is the kinda shit I need.
>>
bymp
>>
>>48244709
A room where every object is a mimic, even the doors.
>>
Geometric shape enemy that fires lasers
>>
>>48247321

Angry disco ball! I like it, it's in.
>>
>>48244709
The central ritual chamber is constructed around an opening to the wellspring of all magic in the world, and they have to delve down into it to conduct the ritual.

The wellspring is a rocky opening full of water that twists down hundreds of feet into the earth before opening up into a vast underwater chasm with a very strong current, incredibly distant walls, and an unknown depth, like the chasm at the bottom of Devil's Hole in Death Valley. They have to descend into the darkness. Cue 2001: A Space Odyssey style apotheosis.
>>
File: 1458233180253.jpg (93 KB, 1000x801) Image search: [Google]
1458233180253.jpg
93 KB, 1000x801
>>48244709
A hall filled with towering crystalline tubes containing strange creatures sleeping, floating in a viscous colorful fluid. If they stop to examine the creatures, they will eventually find one copy of each PC among the tubes. This facility is ancient, but either had access to time travel or an incredible understanding of the deterministic nature of the universe and the organizers were able to predict the exact people who would come here and do this.

What happens if the PCs free the copies?
- They're evil. Obviously.
- They're friendly NPCs. Chaos ensues as everyone assumes that they must be evil.
- The players now control two identical characters.
- Shift narration and make the original characters into NPCs, the copies into PCs. Derail the game with halfbaked questions regarding the nature of existence.

Also, throw in some clones of past villains and some horrible things floating in tubes.
>>
>>48247719

Great idea! But that's basically how they got to the Land of the Dead six months ago, so I gotta do something different here.
>>
>>48247588
I think he was more going for Ramiel, the 5th angel(6th in Rebuild). Motherfucker is just... best angel.
>>
File: DMvkgDg.gif (3 MB, 380x200) Image search: [Google]
DMvkgDg.gif
3 MB, 380x200
>>48250260
Picture for reference. It looks like a regular octahedron(d8) in its base form.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.