[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any suggestions for making a 60-card standard/modern deck for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (5 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 120x120
Any suggestions for making a 60-card standard/modern deck for 20 bucks or less? Preferably u and/or b but as long as it's fun color doesn't matter. Doesn't have to be outrageous or competitive or whatever
>>
Something like this looked fun
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blueblack-eldrazi-attack/
But I'm new to the game so I'd like to see what else is out there
>>
Pls respond
>>
Why not just play on cockatrice for free?

Do you have friends who play modern or standard in paper?

Do you just want to go to FNMs and play modern or standard?

A $20 blue black deck is going to have a 0% winrate at FNMsin modern or standard, it would ironically be a waste of money, you're not even really playing the game

If you have friends who play you should just borrow a deck and save your $20 until it's at least $50-$100 and you can start trying to build a budget deck that can compete
>>
>>48243328
Its a casual thing I'm doing with my brother, we're giving ourselves a 20 dollar budget to make things interesting. It won't even be competing in FNM for that matter. Are there other themes/colors you'd suggest then? Surely I can make something casual fun that's not total trash for 20 bucks
>>
>>48243913
For 20 bucks?
>Drive to a hardware store
>Pick a cheap pair of gloves
>Buy a brick
>Drive to a LGS that hosts Modern events

That should use up most of the budget. Now, the next few steps are essential

>Find somebody playing modern
>Bash his head in with the brick and take his deck

That's it. For 20 bucks you'd be struggling to make a fucking Pauper deck from scratch, let alone Modern.
>>
>>48241364
You could always make an Insolent Red deck, one that uses Insolent Neonate along with a bunch of cheap madness spells. It's mono-red, so you don't need any special lands. The most expensive card is probably either Castigator (which is a sideboard card anyways) or Avacyn's Judgement.
>>
File: 1457124483072.png (133 KB, 315x250) Image search: [Google]
1457124483072.png
133 KB, 315x250
A budget modern deck is a bit of an oxymoron. It can be done but if you're wanting a "low" cost of entry standard is the way to go if you're wanting to build a deck. If it's just something you're doing with your brother for ~$20 I'd recommend playing a draft game or two to start out. Talk to the guy at your FLGS about it more if you're wanting to go deeper, most of them would be more than happy to help. As of right now, for being someone fairly new to MTG myself, I would say to look at the sets you like and just make a deck. Fuck if it's good, just make a deck you like and have fun with that you can call yours regardless of anything else.
>>
>>48243913
Just buy a couple intro decks
>>
>>48241364
Put it in the fucking general, jesus christ.
>>
I guess I'm not looking for Modern then, I don't know what each format means. Strictly casual fun is the name of the game
>>
Soilshaper-Jeskai Ascendancy combo

The only problem is the mana base.
You'll need a playset each of evolving wilds and terramorphic expanse unless you can afford better...
It'll be difficult to cast Ideas Unbound or overload Mizzium Mortars, but the deck functions on that budget and is hilarious when it randomly decides to win.

It (sort of) works because the decent arcane are mostly dig spells.

Alternatively, you could just run The Unspeakable instead of the combo.
>>
>>48244333
Then just don't worry too much about it.

If you're not tournament level competetive, then formats are only so important.
Do however agree to limits in some way, because some asshole is going to find a copy of Channel or Balance and ruin friendships.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.