[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA General Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: HygienicMagic_1.2_Imaginos.jpg (5 MB, 1200x9372) Image search: [Google]
HygienicMagic_1.2_Imaginos.jpg
5 MB, 1200x9372
The pastebin: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

last thread: >>48225714
>>
File: WorldOfMythAndWonder0.4.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
WorldOfMythAndWonder0.4.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48234207
New stuff: clever beasts/monkeymen, becoming a werewolf notes, quest requirements and rewards added!, clarifications here and there.

Very close to "done"
>>
File: AlteringHistory1.2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
AlteringHistory1.2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48234244
1.2 of main CYOA, just a few things:

'Map Maker' mental trait added
'Enchanting' magic added
'Region Locked' drawback added
'A Dark God' quest added
Nemesis drawback clarified
Level 0 of temperature tolerance slightly toned down (still enough for comfort in almost all climes, but not enough to go naked in a blizzard). Higher levels unaffected.
>>
>>48234244
>>48234277
I'm curious, what are your plans for after this?
>>
Posting just incase the Scientist doesn't see it on the other thread.

Ok finally thought to check and yeah you're the author.
I have a few questions.
Are you planning editing it further? Like adding more minion options or items?
Can the werewolves morph any time they want?
Why do I need ghoul and natural weapons to create a stock ghoul?
Can ghosts possess creations I make through using spells from the promraen caro?
I'm pretty sure I had some more, but I can't think of any right now.
>>
File: 1466634845396.jpg (944 KB, 1600x3864) Image search: [Google]
1466634845396.jpg
944 KB, 1600x3864
>>
>>48234244
>>48234277
Love your stuff anon. You ever seen the film The Man From Earth?
>>
>>48234207
Shower of Youth
Roman Soap
Nimbus Tooth Brush
Cotton Swabs
>>
File: 1466634931131.jpg (989 KB, 1600x3499) Image search: [Google]
1466634931131.jpg
989 KB, 1600x3499
>>48234336
>>
File: 1466635006088.jpg (940 KB, 1600x3572) Image search: [Google]
1466635006088.jpg
940 KB, 1600x3572
>>48234358
>>
File: 1466635781345.jpg (858 KB, 1600x3572) Image search: [Google]
1466635781345.jpg
858 KB, 1600x3572
>>48234375
>>
File: 1468260509117.jpg (4 MB, 1500x3997) Image search: [Google]
1468260509117.jpg
4 MB, 1500x3997
>>
>>48234298
Hmm... after I'm really satisfied with the state of polish and proofreading for both of these (which probably will take most of this week), I'll likely spruce them up with a few images.

Nothing overwhelming; in general I want people to be able to imagine the Sylvans, for example, as they want to. It's meant to be somewhat flexible in interpretations.

After that... who knows. I previously made two jumpchains (Master of Magic and Quest for Glory: So You Want To Be A Hero), so maybe I'll do another one of those. Or another CYOA if I get an inspiration.

I'll sure I'll accumulate more ideas for this CYOA, too, though after this week I'll try to force myself to wait a while before making 2.0.

>>48234339
No, but I've read the summary. I hadn't thought of the connection until you mentioned it, though. Huh.
>>
File: 1468260645487.jpg (7 MB, 1500x8060) Image search: [Google]
1468260645487.jpg
7 MB, 1500x8060
>>48234440
>>
File: Page1.jpg (4 MB, 1600x5600) Image search: [Google]
Page1.jpg
4 MB, 1600x5600
So, WiP post so those who don't want to see it just stop reading.

As I've had problems with layout, language and general presentation in my CYOA design in the past I said I'd post WiPs to get that stuff fixed.
That being said, here's my current design of the first page.

I should be done within a week at least, all my images and text are actually done. Just gotta put it all on the pages now.
>>
>>48234564
That's a lotta kidnapped girls.
>>
>>48234244
What about summoning magic? Or making Golems?
>>
>>48234582
Yeah, currently you choose between 3 different kidnappings you're still a kid...
>>
>>48234244
I know there is Telepathy, but does it let you forcibly alter/rewrite someone's mind?
>>
>>48234564
Looks pretty neat formatting wise; the text is every-so-slightly hard to read against the background, but not distractingly so.
>>
>>48234599
Summoning/golem magic is a great idea; I'll add it to my notes document for consideration. Thanks.

>>48234620
Nope. And the answer to the follow-up question is "nope". Sorry if it ruins your fun, but mental re-programming is such a horror element for me that I can't put it in there. Wank something if you must.
>>
>>48234628
I'm thinking of deleting the background image behind text to make it easier to read. Do you think that'll detract too much on the actual aesthetic appeal or should I keep it as is?
>>
>>48234336
Origin: Innate.
Appearance: Athletic.
Faction: Cult, Self Improvement 2.
Perks: Expert, Training, Authority, Charisma, Reputation, Identity.
Drawbacks: Hated, Valuable, Traitor(Jim Boyce), Body Guard( Hannah Caldwell), Limited, Memory Loss, Weakness, Controlled. Bonus points 24.
Allies: Hannah Caldwell, Alex Keller, Yuito Kataoka(between me and him we figured out how to make me immortal after all my powers were active and I pushed my regeneration to its limit, I stopped aging though I can still be killed, but it works).
Enemies: Fiona Dawley, John York, Derek Hall. They are the only ones left to fight me.
Abilities total points available 49: Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 3, Durability 3, Enhanced Senses 2, Reflexes 3, Immunity 3, Mind Reading 2, Self healing 3, Social Enhancer 1, Unarmed Mastery 3, Mental 2, Focus 3, Directed Energy Attack 3, Flight 3, Training 3, Inheritable 1, Analysis 2, Overcharge 3.
Its been 20 years sense I have been taken in be the Cult to train the Child of Prophesy(Hannah), I have done their bidding in fighting off their enemies(The Prototype, Corrine Devoe, The Ghost that I stopped with my mind, the gorilla Bubbles and his army of cyber animals, Isabelle Hart trying to make me less as a man and more of a weak machine, even my own Clone.) They all fell to my skill. I have raised Hannah to the best of my ability along with my mentor, but now she is an adult and Keller is charged with freeing me and giving me a position in the Cult. Only the lay about Derek that tried to take credit for my work, the upstart Fiona whom tries to damage my reputation daily, and the nutjob Jim Boyce hired (John York) to fight against me for my corpse. So in interest of ending this annoyance I will call upon the Cult with one last favor. Send me to a new world where I can enjoy myself.
>>
File: Traveller's Tale 1.15.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Traveller's Tale 1.15.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>48234564
>reject fate
You got me interested anon
>>
>>48234667
Hard to say without seeing it; I would at least try it within one of the text boxes, though, yeah, to see what it looks like.
>>
>>48234668
looks like I came here>>48234440
Companion: I will now take this chance to explore this new world with Emily(the Lost Technician), and these 2 adventures(-1) to come with us: Theema the Fire Warrior is sure to appreciate my skills in battle while we travel together, and then I can unwind with Emily and Kim(the fae blooded Sorceress).
>>48234485
Nation: Sky lands. Location. Wizard Tower for a defendable home to search around from, and maybe seeing about some permanent utility magic to make me eternally young( or at least in my early 30s or mid 20s), especially seeing as I am just about un-killable. Contact: Young Mage, I haven't had a chance at a relationship while working for the Cult of my homeworld, so I wont waste an excellent chance here for another companion to come along with me while I explore with the others.
Artifacts: I will take the Scanner Device so Emily can use it on the loot and other miscellaneous things we find, maybe even some things for the Young mage. And I will take the Null blade as I don't have any magical talent other then my Self Improvement skill, should be a simple adjustment with my combat skill and willpower to just cut through everything.
Explorables: I suppose we could go to the Sun Temple seeing as Theema wants to have a good fight and clearing out a holy temple is bound to have a few exciting fights. Then I guess me, Kim, Theema, the Young Mage and Emily can take the challenge of Finding the Floating Mountain, Emily and the Young Mage say it might be an invisibility spell gone wrong, but Theema, Kim, and me don't want to take a risk on them going alone to find it. After that me, Emily, and the Young Mage can go for a trip to the Jungle Ruins, Theema is going to come along to help protect the two of them from the looters coming to the city while we investigate. After we are done with each one, I guess we will take it easy in the city around the wizard tower and relax together or study.
wont fit the rest so I'll finish next
>>
File: qlcr0dqotdxkhn64n6iy.jpg (60 KB, 853x431) Image search: [Google]
qlcr0dqotdxkhn64n6iy.jpg
60 KB, 853x431
>>48234672
Bruce Wayne

Background: Roaring Twenties, Private Eye

Skills:
Advanced-tech understanding
Memory
Foresight
Silver Tongue
Natural Physique
Martial Training
Sneak
Unarmed combatant
Tactician
Survivor
Critical
Frontliner

Armor:
Physical Enhancement Suit (500)
Segmented Armor

Weapons:
Caltrop Bag (10)
Hunga Munga (50)
Mines (explosive, 100)
Cestus (20)
Stun Hammer (40)
Grenades (flash, explosive, EMP, knockout gas, 400)

Knick-Knacks:
Pegs
Basic survival kit
Basic bag
ID Card
Bottomless Bag (100)
Multiversal Timekeeper (50)
Mathery Travellers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324 (20)
System jammer (100)
Cedril Vibration Dispenser (300)
Enhanced Occulatus (200)
Wingsuit (100)
Standard Breather (20)
Hacking Module (100)
Monomolecular wire (25)
Infiltration Equipment (100)
Lock Cracker Module (25)
InvisiYUT Cloak (400)
Magnetic Boots (200)

Little Things:
Forever Alone x4
I don’t need no Governa’s dolla! x6
Ethereal Heart +200
Terrorized +100
Ae-Child +1000

Factions:
The Home Guard
Custom Stun Weapon: electric batarangs

Home District:
Bat Country

Hubworld:
Dem-A1 - The Hive city to end all cities

Panic Button:
None
>>
>>48234277
Thanks for altering the title of the Sustainability quest. I feel like it's clearer now.
>>
>>48234737
Drawbacks: Hostile Hostiles. Behemoth because I want to see what's keeping it alive and the Null blade and my powers will let me do that, The Rogue Tower as they might be responsible for the Floating Mountain losing contact and they want to stop us, Cult of the Void( HOW THE HELL DID FIONA FUCKING DAWLEY GET HERE!) this cancer wont leave me the fuck alone and if I have to I will come and kick their ass with my super human muscle. with the tree points gotten from them I will get the location Pirate Ship with the free first mate(-2) and then upgrade the ship to a Swift Flyer. My companions can ride while I fly alongside them seeing as I can go faster then the ship, we can also work for the city and hunt other pirates. Emily can also study the ship and improve on its armaments, seeing as I can pump out the force of an elemental lance on a bad day, I'll handle the heavy fights, while the crew runs interference and boarding actions. Well if anything is still left of a ship I attack. Done, how did I do.
>>
File: Test.png (2 MB, 1507x458) Image search: [Google]
Test.png
2 MB, 1507x458
>>48234722
This is what it'll look like if I delete the background within the text boxes.
Left side is deleted, right still has background behind it. The one in the middle shows the difference.
>>
>>48234806
Left looks slightly easier to read.
If you didn't point it out, I wouldn't see it though.
>>
>>48234806
i think the left looks a lot better
>>
>>48234806
I prefer the deleted; others may disagree.
>>
File: super saiyen 3 goku pic.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
super saiyen 3 goku pic.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>48234793
Forgot inspiration pic. Basically this with shorter hair, and in weird Fairy world.
>>
>>48234848
>>48234851
>>48234872
Yeah, it's a very slight difference but one that people will probably notice sub-consciously and get annoyed at when everything on page is being cluttered. Thanks for the feedback
>>
File: XwfzV71.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
XwfzV71.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1200
Origin: Mutagen, Natural Weapon 2
Appearance: Athletic
Faction: Cult, Self Improvement 2.
Perks: Prime Subject, Expert, Training, Armor(Bio armor under my skin pic related), Charisma, Signing Bonus.
Drawbacks: Body Guard, Hated, Valuable, Traitor(Jim Boyce), Memory Loss(wont be around for this to matter so fuck it more points), Weakness(same thing as memory loss, but no one will know I even have one), Controlled, Limited. Total points gained 24.
Enemies: Fiona Dawley(just bitchy I stood her up on date night), John York(will chill after I am gone), Derek Hall(incompetent fucker will forget me in a week) I don't want to leave any major enemies that are a threat to normal people, hence the annoyance brigade.
Allies: Max(dog bro that's going to come with me), Hannah Caldwell(My student that I am leaving my stuff with sense I finished raising her), Samuel Mason(mentor that sees me off and gets my bonus for his retirement fund and to watch over Hannah if she needs it).
Abilities: Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Durability 3, Enhanced Senses 2, Stealth 1, Reflexes 3, Natural Weapon 3, Immunity 3, Social Enhancer 1, Self Healing 3, Unarmed Mastery 3, Mental 2, Flight 2, Adaptability 3, Inheritable 1, Focus 3, Mind Reading 2, Predator 3, Self Improvement 2 for free from cult stuff, Shape shifting 3. I'll move this over here when I wake up in the morning>>48234440
Good night yall.
>>
>>48234244
"Holy Shit What Have I Done" Edition.

10,000BC, Eastern China
Mysterious Stranger

Genius 3 [10]
Memory of the Ages 2 [7]
Wellspring of Harmony [5]
Economist [5]
Commander [Quest Reward]
Artistic Prodigy [Quest Reward]
Strength & Speed 3 [8]
Reflexes & Reaction 2 [4]
Beauty [2]
Non-Reactor [2]
Diet 2 [5]
Iron Gut [1]
Impervious 3 [9]
Endurance 2 [7]
Super Senses 2 [4]
Temperature Tolerance 3 [9]

Enchanting, Major [Quest Reward]

Inheritable [across all generations]:
Disease Immunity [2]
Extended Lifespan: x3 Longer [2]
Diet 2 [5]
Genius 1 [4]
Impervious 3 [18]
Non-Reactor [4]
Temperature Tolerance 2 [12]

The Dustbin of History [+10]
Tower of Babel [+15]

Free & Sustainable
The Federation

>>48234244
Magic of the People:
Telepathy, Major - Everyone, Just Humans [+12]
Firedancer, Major - Everyone, Just Humans, Fast Mastery [+14]
Spirit Singer, Major - Everyone, Just Humans [+12]
Divination, Major - Everyone, Just Humans, Fast Mastery [+14]
Master of Motion, Major - Everyone, Just Humans [+12]

Neanderthals [-2]
Sylvans, Zealous [-5]
Stonefolk, Greedy [-5]
Centauric Tribes, Spirit of the Beast [-6]
Sky Skimmers, The Winds at their Call [-5]
Ugrish, Warlods [-7]
Homo floresiensis [-2]
Giants [-3]
Dragons [-6]

Rock World + Giant Earth [-1]
Caverns of the Expanse, Fungus, What Lies Beneath, The Dark Practices [-5]
Isles in the Sky [0]
The Living Forest [-3]
Clever Beasts, Monkeymen [-3]
Vampires, Twilight, Without Weakness [-6]
The Restless Dead [-3]
Werebeasts, Natural [-3]

Continued...
>>
>>48235293
Okay, yeah, I can see where this is going. Humanity fuck yeah.

Thanks for pointing out things I haven't properly considered.
>>
>>48235293
Haha, makes me think of Shinsekai Yori where everyone is psychic. That world is fucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbtoX-4F4A
>>
>>48235293
Not to nitpick such a beautiful disaster, but unless this was intentional, you only paid the normal price for Diet 2 for your descendants, which means that its power will diminish.

I love your insanity, but I should have limited the use of Just Humans, just as I limited Beyond Our Ken, to a small number of powers. I'll have to think carefully about the major power/everyone combo in general, too.
>>
>>48235293
The real power of what I've done is not the magic. It is not the invulnerability of my descendants; not in the strength of my arm or in the cleverness of my mind.

It is Diet 2.

By removing the requirement for food and water to my descendants, I have ensured the downfall of other races even if mankind did not have magic. Even if mankind had absolutely nothing other than Diet 2. Oh, it would be long and it would be bloody, but eventually mankind would swarm the other races. Diet 2 allows unfettered reproduction. The only environmental restraint would be physical space and disease. Disease isn't even that great of a threat due to everyone getting perfect nutrition throughout their entire life. Humanity would number in the fucking trillions soon enough.

Anyway, with all the other bonuses, the other races stand absolutely no chance. The heat death of the universe stands no chance. Humanity will spread to the stars and propagate indefinitely.

Humanity fuck yeah.

(Bonus: Since everyone is immune to disease, The Federation's anti-aging serum can be used on everyone)

>>48235325
You may want to severely limit or simply remove Inheritable. Even Diet 1 would tremendously boost mankind, although not to the absurdity of Diet 2. Blessing of the People may be the most balanced way to ensure exploits don't happen (since you pick what can be given and their strength).

>>48235397
Major Telepathy users can block other Major Telepathy users. Since people live long lives (and eventually, live indefinitely), everyone has plenty of time to learn how to block each other out.

>>48235516
Yes, I noticed that. Remove Strength & Speed 3. I don't really need to buy anything else with the leftover 3 points.
>>
>>48234564
>reject fate
ANOTHER FATE REJECTED.

Are all those kidnapped girls representative of the amount of choices that will be on that page of the CYOA in the end?
>>
>>48235582
>Forcing through nerfs with your autism shitting on all other players
Hate people like you.
>>
>>48235639
Yeah, I was using them to represent the general layout of the page since it was the first event I wrote up.
Of course, the wording of "Kidnapped" never states exactly how many kids were taken and you could use that to count how many were taken.
>>
>>48235582
I really appreciate the outside perspective. I'm not going to remove Inheritable, but I may have to limit which powers can be inherited, or to what extent. Because, yeah, I really was not thinking far enough ahead to every human no longer needing to eat for a relatively meager amount of points.
>>
>>48235642
>nerfs
Why would you complain about broken things getting nerfed unless you were planning on using said broken things? Almost any high level power with Inheritable will near effortless overrun the earth.
>>
>>48235717
Because you want it limited to a point of uselessness or outright removed. Meaning nobody can use it for anything, just because you used massive autism to try and break it to get it removed.
>>
>>48234331
bump
>>
>>48235767
I appreciate your frustration, but in honesty what >>48235717 has pointed out to me is a fundamental issue with the power, not a specific munchkinism that he twisted.

I can promise you I will not be removing Inheritable wholesale; you'll still be able to have superior descendants if that is your wise, but I will have to think carefully about its limitations and implications.
>>
>>48235842
A potential idea; perhaps Inheritable can function two ways. Kind of like dragon sizes, it would be a spectrum between the two.

1.) All descendants get a mild form of the power.
2.) Very rarely, a descendant gets a full version of the power.

You could leave "mild" vague and up to the interpretation of the player.
>>
File: witch.jpg (91 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
witch.jpg
91 KB, 800x1132
>>48234277
Mysterious Stranger
(Whatever time agriculture starts in this messed up world)

Genius 3 - 10
Memory of the Ages - 7
Wellspring of Harmony - 5
Polyglot - 5
Gift of the Gab - 5
Commander - 5
Strength and Speed 3 - 8
Reflexes and Reaction 2 -4
Regeneration 3 - 8
Beauty - 2
Non-Reactor - 2
Diet 2 - 5
Iron Gut - 1
Impervious 3 - 9
Endurance 2 - 7
Super Senses 2 - 4
Temperature Tolerance 3 - 9

Personal Omni-Weapon - 1

Inheritable:
Disease Immunity - 1
Extended Lifespan - 1
(Do my children receive the genetic magic I have, ie FD, BO, SS, ShS?)

Firedancer, Major - 4
Blessed One, Major - 4
Spiritsinger, Major - 4
**Enchanting, Major - 10
Shapeshifting, Major - 4
Master of Motion, Major - 10
Telepathy, Major + Imbue - 15
*Divination, Major - 10

Disadvantages:
Beastfoe + 15
The Slow Pace of History + 15
The Course of Human Events + 10

Quests:
*Sorcerer Supreme
**The Myth Maker

>>48234244
A Greater People:
Shapeshifting, Innate,M C + 4
Fair is Fair
Firedancer, Innate, M C + 4
Fair is Fair
Blessed One, Innate, M C + 6
Spirit Singer, Innate, M C + 6
Stormsage, Taught, M + 8

Blessing of the People:
Extended Lifespan + 3
Super Senses 1 + 4

Neutral:

Ugrish - 4

Centauric Tribes - 3

Neanderthals -2
Acceptance + 1

Flitters - 1
Mirror Realm - 2
Big
Unseelie - 3
Brownies + 1
Certain flitters are genetically compatible. The children are fucked in the head

Hostile:
Giants - 3
Dragons - 6 (Big and Powerful)

Continued Ice Age - 2
Caverns of the Expanse
Fungus + 1

Vampires - 2
Vampire Hunters + 2
The Restless Dead - 3
Werebeasts - 2
Creatures of the Deep -3
Ravenous -2
>>
>>48235942
It's a possibility, thanks.

Will have to sleep on it in general. Ciao for now.
>>
>>48235983
The world is completely unrecognisable from what it once was. Mankind dwells in the bowels of the earth, fighting for their place against a vast number of hostile races. The shamans lead the communities, their magic giving some hope of survival against the encroaching ice, the creatures of the dark and the giants. Heroic bands of hunters roam the wilderness, protecting mankind's borders against the Other. The communities are constantly under threat from infiltration, Other skinchangers enter mankind's caves wearing the faces of family and friends, and only the strictest adherance to passcodes is any defence. Vampires thrive in mankind's caverns, most accepting their presence with a grim reluctance, knowing they would never allow the extinction of their food source. Lastly there are the hideous demands of the Wyrms, a regular tithe of food, gold and human sacrifice keeps them sated in their domination.

Felt like grimdarkery. I focus on Sorcerer Supreme first. I teach Telepathy to everyone I can, with the intent of giving them a defence agaisnt infiltrators. I encourage learning of Stormsage, the intent being to fuck up the outside climate around cave entrances to reduce the incursions of hostile creatures. I find communities that are being messed about with by a dragon and then slay it to spread my legend. Whenever Sorcerer Supreme is accomplished I lead the tribes of men to conquer all the races (Neanderthals are men, so they're cool). Except those fey dicks. Can't do anything about them but ward everything
>>
>>48235983
I like it; too sleepy to respond in much detail, though, will revisit tomorrow.

I'll have to think about your question.
>>
File: Bioform pt1.jpg (1 MB, 1000x3192) Image search: [Google]
Bioform pt1.jpg
1 MB, 1000x3192
>>
>>48234354
But why :) how will you use those.
>>
File: Bioform pt2.jpg (1 MB, 999x3306) Image search: [Google]
Bioform pt2.jpg
1 MB, 999x3306
>>48236494
>>
>>48236494
THE WALL
Weight Class: -40 Ultra Heavy (10', 2500 lbs)
Caste: -0 Worker
-10 Arm Extra Strength x2
-20 Progenitor Worm
-30 Extra Armor 3
-20 Shield x2
-30 Chitin Upgrade 3
-15 Regeneration
-20 Organ Redundancy
-40 Purifier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
>>
>>48234331
bump bump bump
>>
File: Keraphim.jpg (4 MB, 2733x5000) Image search: [Google]
Keraphim.jpg
4 MB, 2733x5000
>>
>>48234672
Albus Sirena Resdali, 492, Administration, Friendly Manipulator [Male Romanceable]
Female
The Now; Watcher

>SKILLS:
Low-Tech Understanding
Common Ethereal Manipulation

Natural Beauty
Noble Bearing
Silver Tongue
Penmanship
Friendly Face

Critical
Emotional Sense
Organizer

Terrorist
Sage
Handsome Jack
Xeno Expert
Religious Studies

Banker
Touched by Ice

>Starting Credits: 2000

>CLOTHING & ARMOR: (300)
Traveller Leathers (free)
Full Closet (300)
Wealthy Attire (free)

>WEAPONS: (0)
Yuta Brace (mandatory)

>KNICK KNACKS: (600)
“Pegs”
Basic Survival Kit
Basic Bag
ID Card
Melange Box (600)

>Little Things:
I Don’t Need No Governa’s Dalla x5 (2000)
Addict (+200)
Philosophical Aspects (+200)
Can’t Wake Up Inside (+500)

>Faction:
The Administrators

>Covenant:
The Shrine of Freyja

>Home District:
The Central Headquarters

>Companions:
Margo Lesmorana
Raziel Hythloday
Yarihei Neinta
Sans
Me

>Hubworld:
Terra-D12452–In Which Big brother Wins
The Quiet Bitter Rage

>Panic Button:
The Unbreakable
>>
>>48236827
> Lost and hungry, you follow the scent of cinnamon believing it would lead you to food. Instead, you find a pale woman who smells strongly of the spice. She smiles at you, greets you and offers to buy you something to eat.

+ One of admin’s best diplomats and propagandists, Albus has participated in and led countless successful missions in many of the known hubworlds to pacify, inspire, make peace and spread terror through nonviolent means
+ Great at planning far ahead and engineering events to the point where her plans are practically prophecies
+ Terrifyingly good at reading others and persuading them, or rather, manipulating them into doing her bidding
+/- The only form of killing she can do is killing social lives and reputations though she can cause suicides or even mass suicides if required
+/- Fortunately, she has a strong sense of responsibility over her powers so she rarely if ever abuses them though it doesn’t stop other travellers from being wary around her
+/- She’s more than willing to teach you some of her skills as long as you agree to regularly play boardgames with her
- Puts excessive amounts of Melange, which she is severely addicted to, in everything she ingests and because of this, she always smells like a cinnamon plantation
+ Despite how she might seem, she’s actually quite hospitable and down to earth

“My friend, I don’t believe that starting a relationship that may last several centuries with lies and deceit would be a good idea”
>>
File: 1466314210967.jpg (5 MB, 1179x10000) Image search: [Google]
1466314210967.jpg
5 MB, 1179x10000
1/7
>>
File: 1466314285172.jpg (3 MB, 1149x10000) Image search: [Google]
1466314285172.jpg
3 MB, 1149x10000
>>48236983
>>
File: 1466314361337.jpg (4 MB, 1201x10000) Image search: [Google]
1466314361337.jpg
4 MB, 1201x10000
2/7
>>48237003

3/7
>>
File: 1466314438116.jpg (4 MB, 1273x10000) Image search: [Google]
1466314438116.jpg
4 MB, 1273x10000
>>48237020
4/7
>>
File: 1466314568804.jpg (4 MB, 1363x10000) Image search: [Google]
1466314568804.jpg
4 MB, 1363x10000
>>48237042
5/7
>>
File: 1466314782749.jpg (4 MB, 1363x10000) Image search: [Google]
1466314782749.jpg
4 MB, 1363x10000
>>48237057
6/7
>>
File: 1466314703950.jpg (3 MB, 1363x10000) Image search: [Google]
1466314703950.jpg
3 MB, 1363x10000
>>48237080
7/7
>>
>>48234672
Does "Me" have a name?
>>
File: Desert Soldier p1.png (2 MB, 1232x3812) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p1.png
2 MB, 1232x3812
>>
File: Desert Soldier p2.png (4 MB, 1232x3950) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p2.png
4 MB, 1232x3950
>>48237623
>>
File: Desert Soldier p3.png (3 MB, 1232x4068) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p3.png
3 MB, 1232x4068
>>48237643
>>
File: Desert Soldier p4.png (3 MB, 1232x3896) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier p4.png
3 MB, 1232x3896
>>48237656
>>
>>48231846
I'll admit I know nothing, but what scholarship could she get if she's so dumb/whatever to need twice the allotted time?
>>
>>48234336
>Mechanical
>Beyond human
Must be big man to fight big trouble. Big tanks solve bigger problems.
>Military
We must make every man have as many means of production as possible. God save the Russian Federation.
>Durability 2(free)
>Durability 3
>Strength 3
>Endurance 3
>Immunity 3
I have seized the means of production for nutrients, oxygen, and all biological fuel, and have them all implanted in my body. You will not kill me with thing so weak as thermodynamics.
>Stealth 1
>Enhanced senses level 2
>Exoskeleton 3
>Agility 2
>Adaptability 3
>Directed Energy attack 1
>Familiar 1
>Extra limbs 2
Of course, while this armor was made from the start to be mass produced, scientists, the most dedicated and resourceful out of all the proletariat, must first study how it affects the common worker's body. As they say in America, all lights look green to me.
>Training
>Squad
>Expert
The Federation would never send untrained conscripts into battle, at least not with a tank. Those days are over. Federation is older and wiser now.
>Valuable
Of course, my knowledge and my suit are both extremely potent. Many corrupt billionaires playboys and governments would no doubt like to discover the secrets of our engineering in order to bring down the people's control of their fate and replace it with theirs.
>Mechanical limbs 3
>Self healing 2
And that's that.
>Samuel Mason
>Max
The Russian Federation has moved on from their former ways. If only the rest of the world would let old dogs die, the world would be much more peaceful.

>Isabelle Hart
Unfortunately for her, the only wireless part of this suit is the AM/FM radio. And fortunately for me, the battle we will have will make a great story of fighting against all-consuming greedy & soulless bourgeois who wish to control and oppress the people. Or would an AI be a means of production if she's making cyborgs? I don't know, who cares, there isn't a word for robot in Russian.
Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTBukDar6vE
>>
>>48234244
How does Beastmaster affect werewolves and monkey people if they're already intelligent? Can you make a werewolf human-intelligence during the three day period? Do monkeys become Genius 2s?
>>
>>48237728
'Murica has legislation that can force schools and organizations into giving out grants and scholarships to undeserving individuals to meet diversity quotas.
>>
>>48237042
>pagan
>Crosses everywhere
Huh?
>>
>>48237967
>Pagan
huh?
>>
>>48234277
>>48234244
As you add more and more options, and more and more alternatives, it becomes increasingly difficult to spend only 140 points. Perhaps increase number of points one can recieve through drawbacks if you wish to add more spells and such? (which I'm all for.)
>>
>>48238037
The crusader, it says she's pagan. If that's so, why is the cross all over her gear?
>>
>>48238171
it never said her religion isn't christian-related
>>
>>48238268
Heretic =/= pagan
>>
>>48238323
pagan =/= not christian
>>
>>48233412
There needs to be some proportionality between amount of points / options you can take versus available options
If there are 25 options, but I can only take one, that's boring.
I think Super Soldier anon said you can get 25% of all powers with the available points. I think somewhere along the vicinity of 20% is good, but obviously there are situations where that doesn't apply.
Of course, when it comes to companions, I'd say there can be many companions without you being able to pick many IF there isn't a lot of text for them.
Take Space Refuge, there's something like 160 companions and you can only take three, unless you buy more.
That's fucking dumb. That's 157 options you read but ended up being meaningless.

tl;dr more available options = must be able to take more
>>
>>48237782
What does she represent that is deserving of free money?
She's white. Or do the American government hand out free money to women and non-heterosexuals?
That's fucking heterophobia or hate against straights, whichever you like the most, to reward people for not being straight.
>>
>>48238484
You sound like a faggot.
>>
>>48238484
Anon is talking out of his ass.
>>
>>48238484
You know absolutely nothing about her life to warrant such assumptions. What we do know is that it is not uncommon to need more time to complete your studies when your outside life interferes with your studies. We also know she was in several abusive relationships.
>>
File: 1468271455556.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1468271455556.gif
2 MB, 400x226
FERREAN WHERE IS THAT HALF-DRAGON CYOA? GIVE US AN ETA PLEASE.
>>
>>48238556
I think you mean Dragonborn CYOA. Half-Dragon is the three page one with the purplish background, made by someone who didn't make Dragonborn.
>>
>>48238556
Dragon > Dragonic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mudbloods( half dragons) = humans > all other
>>
>>48238523
The important thing is that people with nothing better to do with their lives can inflate their self-esteem by shitting on someone they don't even know.
>>
>>48238556
Why are you pretending to be me?
>>
>>48238582
Why are dragons so amazing? What is it about them that makes anons unanimously agree about their superiority?
>>
>>48234277
I'm liking the change to Nemesis but does that mean he could fuck over your plans by picking Slow Pace of History or any drawback that affects humanity as a whole?
>>
>>48238700
>highly intelligent
>Very and wise old, seen it all
>Magnificent creatures
>Strong as hell
>MAGIC
>BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Individual dragon is stronger than anyone else beside steel donuts
>>
>>48238700
They are the personification of sin, and people have always loved the bad boys.
>>
File: ff4.png (448 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
ff4.png
448 KB, 900x900
>>48234207
PICK A CYOA. EVERY ANON WHO EVER POSTED ON CYOAG GETS TO MAKE A BUILD FOR IT. HOWEVER ALL OF /R9K/ JOINS THE SETTING AS A HIDDEN SOCIETY THAT RULES THE WORLD. THEY ARE PROMISED INFINITE POWER AND WAIFUS IF THEY MANAGE TO KILL ALL OF CYOAG. WHICH CYOA DO YOU PICK?

If there's overlap, the anon can pick whether to make a build OR join the /r9k/ society.
>>
File: 1462478982480.png (1 MB, 788x872) Image search: [Google]
1462478982480.png
1 MB, 788x872
>still no necromancer update
>>
>>48238807
>one day
>ONE DAY
it was ONE DAY since it was confirmed that work on Necromancer continues, he can't work too fast
>>
>>48238700

If dragons were superior they would actually exist.
>>
>>48238817
BUT HE SHOULD
>>
>>48237759
I don't understand the need for Stealth 1, but other than that it looks very fun. Nice work.
>>
>>48238825
Dragons are so superior that God cannot allow them exist.
>>
>>48238836
> If God doesn't exist, then why are there no dragons?
> Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>48238836

That's the most retarded thing I've heard in a while.

At least you tried though.
>>
>>48238807
Reminder that:
Purple is the classic necromancer
Blue is the spooky necromancer
Red is the edgy blood "necromancer"
Green is the peaceful necro-druid
Orange is the meme-tier toiletpaper mummy

I can't decide whether I would want Scientist to fix Orange or to make it even more of a meme.
>>
>>48235516
please don't, this abomination is amazing.
>>
>>48238850
>orange
>you can literally resurrect people or make them die any way you want
Definitely fix.
>>
>>48238855
OR make it a super secret forgotten book and make you take a special perk that would allow you to select some spells from it.
>>
>>48238855
You're also a toiletpaper mummy, a walking amalgamation of worms, or a kinky magical dominatrix. Not to mention most of your magical spells are somehow build around you settling in a pyramid and creating traps like a magical version of home alone. No, thank you.
>>
>>48236669
Love the song in the video.
>>
File: Update when.png (457 KB, 1921x1051) Image search: [Google]
Update when.png
457 KB, 1921x1051
>>48238807
Filename soon, stalker.

>>48238850
>>48238855
Ancient necromancy is getting reworked/partially removed

I'm planning on giving Spirit necromancy a neat little feature that makes it more dangerous to justify its power.

>>48238878
It's now going to be a partially-recovered scroll with most missing, but the remaining spells are powerful.
Also, you learn scarabic. It will bug you if you don't.

On a slightly unrelated note, Illustrator is clearly the superior CYOA making program.
>>
File: 124436215.gif (8 KB, 424x389) Image search: [Google]
124436215.gif
8 KB, 424x389
>>48238923
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>48238797
Super Soldier. I made this so I can hunt down just about anyone.>>48235117 I will find any followers they have and devour them, then on to the next guy, and the guy after that, and the guy after that, until I get the big prize at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>48238923
Make the skeletons great again
>>
>>48238923
Do you plan to progress the metaplot further, or will it take place basically at the same time as the older necromancer started?
>>
File: 1466825195179.jpg (5 MB, 1800x6815) Image search: [Google]
1466825195179.jpg
5 MB, 1800x6815
>>
>>48238956
I consider it a retcon/rewrite/remake, so the same time.
>>
>>48238968
Good.
>>
>>48238923
Are you changing companions? I worry for my husbando.Valaul, Lester and Dante are best husbandos. I could never decide between them.Laughing Man is toptier too.
>>
>>48234564
you've really grabbed me here, anon
hold me tight
>>
File: CYOA Broken Waifu v1.1.jpg (3 MB, 1200x5001) Image search: [Google]
CYOA Broken Waifu v1.1.jpg
3 MB, 1200x5001
>>48238968
Hey, Scientist? I had a question about this. Sorry if it sounds really dumb. If I take Homeless, can I just have my waifu live with me, or is there some actual requirement that she be out on the street.
>>
>>48238982
Stupid spoiler tags revealing my superior taste.
>>
>>48238850
An interesting twist could be if a different CYOA popped up along the same vein, for like, druids or something. Like necromancy, druidism is a fairly broad concept that has room for loads of specialization.
>>
File: 1447953813379.png (3 MB, 1200x4425) Image search: [Google]
1447953813379.png
3 MB, 1200x4425
>>48238797
Secret World
Get fucking wreck'd
>>
>>48238937
It's probably not a good idea to attach your life to a powerful cult when /r9k/ is basically the illuminati amongst illuminati.
>>
>>48238797
Girly Curse.

All of /cyoag/ become cute girls with immortality of the unkillable sort. Some of them would have a magic-using waifu, some might have a witch slave, all (waifus and slaves included) would be immune to the powers of others (i.e. anon can't affect another anon or their waifu or slave, but anon could still affect their own slave if they chose to have one).

Other candidates would be Choose Your Own Immortality, and God Is Tired + DLC (the latter one basically having the Multiplayer choice forced for everyone).
>>
File: 1468289772330.jpg (370 KB, 1424x842) Image search: [Google]
1468289772330.jpg
370 KB, 1424x842
>>48238968
will freed slave be as useless as she was before? How "smart" are skeletons, can they be programmed to do certain tasks? How many we can control? Will Purple be buffed?
>>
>>48238968
>>48238992
I also had a question about Broken Waifu. Is there a reason that muscular is both a body type and a distinctive feature? I don't really mind spending the points on both, just curious.
>>
>>48238995
You need a special brand of autism to make a long cyoa like Necromancer. Such a child is born maybe once in a blue moon and are functioning enough to find their home amongst us. I doubt anyone else will soon make another cyoa like that.
>>
>>48239005
Different Cult, just evolution enthusiasts. Also that means they get to be my next meal.
>>
>>48239020
Well, I didn't say identical.
>>
File: QdoL8jA-1OM.jpg (1 MB, 2120x2120) Image search: [Google]
QdoL8jA-1OM.jpg
1 MB, 2120x2120
>necromancer update soon
I think I might still have a reason to live.
>>
>>48239043
Why is that cake anathema to cats?
>>
File: 23423635724.jpg (140 KB, 536x862) Image search: [Google]
23423635724.jpg
140 KB, 536x862
>>48238923
>I'm planning on giving Spirit necromancy a neat little feature that makes it more dangerous to justify its power.
>Still no love for purple grimoire
>>
>>48238982
I will be, by both removing the unpopular/unnecessary ones and altering the ones that remain to be more appealing.
I thought they were fine, but apparently not everyone shared my perspective.

>>48239012
>will freed slave be as useless as she was before?
I'll likely remove that one.
>How "smart" are skeletons, can they be programmed to do certain tasks?
Not very smart, but i think that could be a neat perk, or something that the Ancient magic school could help with, in the future.
>How many we can control?
I don't see an upper limit, just as many as you can make.
>Will Purple be buffed?
Buffed and simplified, so redundancies are removed.

>>48238995
Feel free to make it.
>>48239020
Autism or too much time and a modicum of motivation.

>>48238992
The Homeless option doesn't preclude her from living with you, just that she has no home of her own. She doesn't live with her parents, a friend, etc.

>>48239013
I think i overlooked it, and was looking for an option to fill the slot. Consider it double-muscular if you will.

>>48239056
It will get it.
>>
>>48239006
is this your response to all of frogman's "one cyoa is now real" questions?
And re-read his question. I interpret "gets to make a build" as "aren't forced to", so everyone mustn't necessarily become a girl.
>>
>>48239065
Motivation to do something as meaningless as this is equivalent to autism, when you have time that could be spent doing more valuable things.

Just saying, you're clearly autistic, nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
File: 8789458713.gif (959 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
8789458713.gif
959 KB, 480x270
>>48239065
>removing the unpopular/unnecessary ones and altering the ones that remain to be more appealing.
>translation: removing all husbandos, and creating more filthy moe sluts to appeal to anon

O-okay...
>>
File: 1467320211663.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467320211663.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
>>48239065
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rwxs1gH9w

>Buffed and simplified, so redundancies are removed.
ALL PRAISE SCIENTIST

>I'll likely remove that one.
Oh well, I thought she had potential, especially if she was smart enough, because former low-born girl who can only clean house can turn into something better
>>
>>48239043
>reason to live
Don't you mean a reason to die?
>>
>>48239077
>is this your response to all of frogman's "one cyoa is now real" questions?
Yes, why else would I reply to said post?
>And re-read his question. I interpret "gets to make a build" as "aren't forced to", so everyone mustn't necessarily become a girl.
That's actually better in the sense that people aren't forced into it if they don't want to. Nevertheless, the /r9k/ faction is doomed to fail because some (if not all) of /cyoag/ would be unkillable.
>>
File: 6140746.jpg (25 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
6140746.jpg
25 KB, 500x344
>>48239117
serves you right
>>
>>48239065
You should think about a way to make multi-toming viable. I think mono tomes are much more powerful in the current version.
>>
>>48239143
How could he make multi-toming viable when the cyoa also offers friendly companions who are masters at their respective fields of necromancy?
>>
>>48239065
will kobold warrior be buffed? Since one warrior that is worse in equipment and training than any other choice costs 2 points
>>
File: tumblr_mmuxujX44l1rg5bz8o1_500.gif (979 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmuxujX44l1rg5bz8o1_500.gif
979 KB, 500x281
>>48239138
At least I'm not a smelly neckbeard who will never ever get a gf in real life because he smells worse than the unwashed penis of a muslim immigrant. I'd wish your oneitis would cuck you with a Chad but she's probably already doing that. Now kill yourself and leave me alone.
>>
>>48239152
Well, first of all, there are already minions that require two tomes. Just make them a little more useful and accesible.

Second, most of the "masters" are people who would want to use you for their goals, and not the other way around (besides maybe Laughing Man, but who knows; maybe liches exiled him because he's too powerful, and and crashing the world with no survivors is a part of his master plan). Other companions maybe have respectable tier 3-2 spells.
>>
>>48239177
why is this defected Taiga looking at me angrily?
>>
File: 9875325.png (366 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
9875325.png
366 KB, 600x800
touhou cyoa when?
>>
>>48239085
Do you know where you are?

>>48239117
No, not removing them from husbando status.
Just that one of the lines of critique i got saved is
>Lot of the problems is that the majority of the masters of the school are complete psycho
So things like making them less like that.

>>48239120
I can keep her then, she could use a rework.
Redundancies removed via simplification are things like requiring 2-3 spells to make a basic minion and replacing it with a "less minion" spell and a "greater minion" spell.

>>48239168
Kobolds may be removed entirely to be replaced with a new race that will tie in with the sequel planned.
Convince me not to remove kobolds.

>>48239143
>>48239152
>>48239187
It's something i'll look into. I don't claim to an expert on cross-school magic, so i'll have to work on it.
>>
>>48239215
>Convince me not to remove kobolds.
My first Purple build was about using stasis to transport army of skeletons to desert and genociding all kobolds. Don't take away this joy from me
>>
>>48239215
>Convince me not to remove kobolds.
I think you should make them non-sentient. sapient? I always mix those up. Maybe leave a few tribes on neanderthal-level of development. Maybe a single companion that learned ten words of common language or something. I won't cry if kobolds will be kill.

Just don't add super high-magic elements to the setting.
>>
>>48239215
>Convince me not to remove kobols.

I like settings where one race is clearly inferior to the other races but somehow manages to survive. Not only does it give a positive message, but it also keeps the setting from becoming a donut steel wonderland where each race is speshul and beautiful in its own way.
>>
File: 1227369490283.gif (5 KB, 448x498) Image search: [Google]
1227369490283.gif
5 KB, 448x498
>>48239243
>>48239248
Take that back or I'll double murder you!
>>
File: C.C..jpg (105 KB, 640x446) Image search: [Google]
C.C..jpg
105 KB, 640x446
>>48239215
>I can keep her then, she could use a rework
Nice
>>
>>48239208
go back to /jp/
>>
>>48239208
Isn't that the setting where literal worldbreaking mages settle their differences through a card game because one autistic meme goddess told them to do so and stop wrecking the planet?
>>
>>48239317
TOUHOU WAIFU CYOA

>>48239301
no
>>
>>48239132
>Yes, why else would I reply to said post?
is there a point when no matter how he states his question and the conditions beyond "you get to make a build, too", your answer is always the same?
>>
File: Ascendant.jpg (2 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Ascendant.jpg
2 MB, 1200x4800
>>
File: Pick_One.png (2 MB, 3500x1100) Image search: [Google]
Pick_One.png
2 MB, 3500x1100
Do CYOAs impact your life positively, or negatively?

I'm starting to think it's a net negative for me.
>>
>>48239402
I never understood what the purpose of this cyoa was. Help?
>>
>>48239417
You just ascend to godhood in a world of adjustable adversity. And you interact with that world however you like using the powers you chose. What's not to get? It's not far from your basic run-of-the-mill Demigod CYOA.
>>
>>48239414
It will all be worth it once we find that one cyoa that actually works, r-right?
>>
>>48239317
No, Yukari didn't have anything to do with Danmaku, and she can't force everybody to play along even if she did. It's a simple game that some of the girls play as a non-lethal combat alternative. There are at least three characters in the actual games who aren't very good at it, though, because they still do it at lethal levels.
>>
>>48239435
Except you barely have a real body, your powers are extremely limited, you stand to gain nothing from actually being worshipped as a god, and yet there's something you have to do for a bunch of not-dead old gods unless you want them to somehow punish you. What's the point? Why would anyone want to build such a terrible fate for himself? Have you actually build for it once?
>>
>>48239437
Sure. In the meantime it exercises our imagination, reading and writing skills and it leads to some social interactions, kind of. Maybe.
>>
>>48239457
>you barely have a real body
Unless you take certain powers.
>you stand to gain nothing from actually being worshipped as a god
Lack of incentive? Right, I get that. Though it didn't bother me. For me the incentive was shaping the world I think.
>What's the point?
What's the point of anything?

Hmm. I actually get what you're saying. I see how the relative weakness of the powers and the lack of obvious positive incentive would turn some people off.
>Have you actually build for it once?
Yeah and I had fun. Proof: https://yuki.la/tg/46405374#p46410789

Btw I'm not even the creator. I just like this cyoa, not sure why. It tickles my fancy.
>>
>>48239485
That lack of incentive is a dealbreaker for me. I can't imagine keeping myself busy for an eternity on such a low scale of divinity. Your build was pretty interesting though. I guess messing with high profile members of medieval society would be most fun. Except I'd probably Zombify the Pope or something and watch the vatican crumble. Maybe do the same with a lot Kings.
>>
>>48239527
>can't imagine keeping myself busy for an eternity on such a low scale of divinity
Do you feel the same about >>48234277 then? And immortality in general?
>Your build was pretty interesting
Thanks!
>>
>>48238700
Because they are literal perfection given physical shape.
>>
>>48239552
You can't possible compare Ascendant to Altering History where you have incredible powers, near immortality and interesting quests to keep you going. Ascendant is a very limited sandbox at best.
>>
>>48239527
I think Elementalism can be pretty strong, even if a lot of the options aren't. If nothing else, Enchanting sounds great, unless the only thing you can see from it is Fiery Burst tier, in which case there's very little that's worth anything. Some of the wording seems biased, though. Complicate would be better if it let you make something that actually was a work of art instead of some arbitrary cultural edit.

>>48239552
Altering History is easier to deal with, especially if you drag in a ton of shit from the DLC. I want monsters, flying islands, dragons, youkai, wizards, magical girls, deep ones, the whole she-bang.
>>
>>48234244 >>48234277
Arrival: Pre-Agriculture (9,9XX BC , ???)
Position Within Society: Mysterious Stranger
Mental Upgrades: Genius (Level 3), Memory of the Ages (Level 2)
Body Upgrades: All but Beauty.
Supernatural Gifts: Divination (Major), Telepathy (Major), Master of Motion (Major), Blessed One (Major), Shapeshifting (Major), Enchanting (Major)
Company: N/A
Items: N/A
Pocket Dimension: N/A
Drawbacks: The Dustbin of History, Tower of Babel, Stormbringer, Beastfoe, Nemesis
Other Than Human: N/A
A Greater People: N/A
Neutral Species: N/A
Hostile Species: N/A
Global Alterations: Verdant Earth, Giant/Small World (Giant)
Environmental Additions: Caverns of the Expanse, Isles in the Sky
Darkness: N/A
Quests: Singularity, A Dark God

Overall idea is to go a little crazy. I took more complications than necessary to try and manipulate what my Nemesis could take. The best they can pick is The Slow Pace of History, Betrayal, and Skin of the Outsider. Those guarantee they have "an incredible setback" from the backstabbing and that they're disliked by those they want help, which is a top tier psychological effect I want them to have to suffer. I doubt that either of us would be able to do the other in if we went all out but humans are squishy and I'm not. I have an advantage over my opponent that's very likely gonna let me beat them.

The other quest is done easily enough but it's time consuming. Once my Nemesis has been dealt with via the completion of A Dark God and I lose my shackles I'll probably spend a year or two just building a base to dick around in before actually starting. Will spend the points from Singularity on Wellspring of Harmony and Map Maker while spending the points from A Dark God on Stormsage (Major). From then is to construct a superior body for my mind made of only the best enchanted materials with the help of the AI I created.

tl;dr: Gonna kill humanity, turn into a robot, and then live with my waifubot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZAQXZZKYQ
>>
>>48237491
I've been calling him Newkid Greeter myself.

>>48234756
>no Off-world Obligations
Gotham better be in complete cinders.
>>
File: 1451965511238.png (2 MB, 1000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1451965511238.png
2 MB, 1000x3000
>>48238797
>>
>>48234672
Name: L3X5GV914Y1076T90V* Codename 'Endurance'
Background: The Darkness

[Traits]
Advanced tech understanding
Mathematical Genius
Mechanical Adept
AI Expert
Tech-head

[Gear]
Traveler Leathers
Contained Plasma Saber [500]
Multiversal Timekeeper [50]
Phase Generator [300]
Flux Generator [200]
Venathari Headset MK-182 [150]
Internal Weaponry Module** [300]
Hacking Module [100]
Tech-Virus Cancer Module [50]
Power-Generator Large [400]
Mechanical Transfusion [Free]

[Little Things]
Waste of Skin x2 [500]
Etherial Heart*** [200]
My Best Friend [+500]
That Guy [+500]

[Companions]
Frederick Nietzsche, 302, Philosopher and Consumer of Meat
Indori Magram, 1971, Technical, Wise Crone
Pierre Sorsari, 121, Technical, Expert Hardlight Technician
Temel'Parah Vas Ae, 330, Technical, Engineer of Great and Small

[Other]
Department - Independant
Home District - Tesseract
Hubworld - Terra-D2368 In Which the Future is blank
Panic Button - The King
>>
>>48234564
Looks rad, good work anon.
>>
>>48239703
[Fluff]
An AI created by an advanced civilisation designed to endure the inevitable heat-death of the universe and record what -if anything- comes after. L3X5 was left the last sentient being in an entire universe and after untold years he was found by a scan from a traveler ship investigating this dead galaxy. L3X5 has a shy personality, eager to meet new people and share new experiences after such a long period of isolation, but too socially awkward to begin such relationships. L3X5 constantly tinkers and experiments on his equipment, body and the capabilities of his mind and persists in a personal philosophy of self improvement and the search for knowledge. One key feature of his origin universe, and the reason that it didn't follow a cycle of rebirth like many others, is that it wasn't merely devoid of etherial presence, but completely negated all etherial influence. This affect also applies to L3X5 and thus, many etherial powers and abilities simply flicker and die in his immediate vicinity. While L3X5 still tries too enjoy the life that he was, until recently, denied, he still obeys his primary

* Due to the advanced nature and long history of his creators, L3X5s designation is extremely long, a result of the multitude of robot models that have been invented by the time of his creation
** Basically all of his equipment excluding his clothes are integrated into his body for ease of access
*** I know it is biological exclusive but I liked the idea too much to refuse, I even paid 200 credits for it instead of receiving any
>>
>>48235983
>>48236006
I love, I love it. Thank you for the narrative and the effort. Great creativity in having humans forced underground (at least until you lead the great crusade, of course). Definitely saving this one.

The issue of magic inheritance, and other inheritance, will be addressed next time I update. I'll currently thinking about it very carefully, because I don't want to have to keep changing it.

>>48238068
Hmm... maybe. Currently you can make it much cheaper, or even free, to get magic by making the world itself magical. You only have to pay full cost if you want to be the only source of that magic in the world.

>>48238718
Oh, no. I'll add something along those lines.

>>48238854
I agree it's amazing, but I have to balance between amazing and, well, balanced. I don't intend to remove the possibility of making humans super magical, it's just an issue of balancing them with other races.

>>48239624
Interesting original idea; thanks for sharing. One catch is that it says that the Nemesis' drawbacks "do not have to be" your drawbacks; it does not say that they cannot be. I also think you're 1 point over the total, but I could have counted wrong.
>>
>>48239632
TELL ME HIS NAME! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE TIE?!
>>
>>48239450

Spell card rules are enforced, but by Reimu, who is basically impossible to fight outside the rules due to her intangibility power (which is banned under the rules) and status as a lynchpin to the settings continued existence, making killing her terribly unwise.

Breaking the rules by allowing disputes to kill village humans (whose existence is also key to the continued existence of the setting, as they provide faith and fear for the various supernaturals) or otherwise cause massive damage opens them up to not only other super strong forces MAD style, but also an angry nigh-unbeatable Reimu who won't be holding back.
>>
File: 140.png (29 KB, 514x338) Image search: [Google]
140.png
29 KB, 514x338
>>48239750
>"do not have to be"
Accursed lack of sleep! Fuck it. They play towards the chaos and help enough until I can get rid of them.
>I also think you're 1 point over the total
I double-check with the calculator and did so a third time just now. I fucked the reply order, the "20,000" that's supposed to be "2,000" in the filename, and for whatever fucking reason missed the extra space in-between the "BC , ???" where the comma is but I'm particularly vigilant when it comes to points.
>>
File: Spirits.jpg (74 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
Spirits.jpg
74 KB, 650x300
>>48238923
>>48238850
>still no "spirit" Necromancer
>>
>>48238923
>Illustrator is clearly the superior CYOA making program
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Illustrator%20/tripcode/%21tVkYMO4X7k/
How much do you get paid per post?
>>
>>48234440
Here I am, also don't plan on taking Max with me this go around. I will be the close combat blender with legs.>>48235117
On to Companions: Emily the Lost Technician. We going to work together to make a bunch of advanced tech shit and push my Mutagen to the limit. May also become friend with benefits until she gets a way to leave, and I will support her if she wants to stay or not.
Adventurers(-1): Jane the Thief for some fun in the dark, I mean sex and stealing other shit, and Theema the Fire Warrior, will get along with Jane because she can help get loot, and wants to train against me as I am an ever adapting war machine that will help her improve, likes Emily because she helps her make awesome loot to protect her friends with. May take as my mate for adventure and outdoor fucking under the stars, also to hold hands when we finish.
>>48234485
Nation: Sky lands, Location: Pirate Ship. Contact: First Mate, dude is going to help me run the ship and take the loot where we need to go sell it. Going to Upgrade the ship to Swift Flyer(-1) to haul cargo faster. May equip a elemental lance at some point, or me and Emily will just make a bigger gun.
Artifact(-1): Null Blade, I need something anti magic, otherwise I can kill anything else.
Explorables: Jungle Ruins for some Aztec murdertime, Sun Temple because why not have a church be cool with us (also a fun trip), The Floating Mountain, with the ship we got we can easily search the place quickly with our scanners.
Drawbacks: Hostile Hostiles: The Ardent Flyer(+1) doesn't like us because we are the fastest ship around, The Rogue Tower(+1) is involved with the Floating Mountains disappearance, and The Behemoth(+1) is going to be my lunch and with the Null Blade I can find what is keeping it alive and cut it out. Might be able to sell it, or give it to Emily to study.
With the 3 extra points I will buy another location in the Sky Lands, Wizard Tower: free contact will be the Magick Shop( hit word limit.)
>>
>>48234244
>>48234277
>>48239750
Took a break to make a build of my own; not involving World of Myth and Wonder yet, since that is still in the major balancing stage.

>Starting Location: Modern Day Kuwait, 10000BC
Not only is this region fairly advanced, but with Region Locked I will still be able to access all of the middle east into Iran, along with Egypt and Asia Minor. More than enough to be able to accomplish my goals.

>Drawbacks
>+15 The Slow Pace of History
>+15 Tower of Babel
>+10 Region Locked
* Slow Pace of History is annoying, but won't impede my plans in any way.
* Going to work around Tower of Babel with me and each of my five companions knowing one language
* Switched out 'Betrayal' for 'Region Locked'. Based on my start location, according to my measurements, that's going to give me enough range to cover the Indus river valley, all of Egypt, Asia Minor, and of course the whole fertile crescent. This gives me three huge population centers to work with, along with a lot of early development.

So, 140 points
> 6/134: 5 companions
Not sure who yet, but won't change the build.

> 81/59 Each receives full mastery & teaching ability in one of the following:
Divination
Stormsage
Spirit Singer
Blessed One
Master of Motion

This costs 15 points each, 5 points to get to Major (half price), and another 10 to be able to imbue at major. 75 total.

>91/49
I take Minor Telepathy + Imbue Minor Telepathy

>130/10
Companions and I ALL receive the following (at 1.5x cost due to sharing with five companions):

9 Genius 2
4.5 Memory of the Ages 1
3 Strength & Speed 1
3 Reflexes & Reaction 1
4.5 Diet 1
3 Iron Gut
0 Impervious 0
6 Endurance 1
0 Temperature Tolerance 0
3 Sanitary Convenience 1
3 Super Senses 1

>140/0
I take Gift of Gab & Economist

Quests:

1. Sorcerer Supreme (Major Telepathy, Minor Shapeshifting)
2. The Myth Maker

(1/?)
>>
>>48239909
reviving dead beer would be a very usefull skill
>>
>>48239979
First order of business is mastering our magic. The six of us will imbue each other with all magics, leaving six wizards with: Major Divination, Major Stormsage, Major Spirit Singer, Major Blessed One, Major Master of Motion, Minor Telepathy. Spend a millenium or so, on the down-low, mastering these magics. Once we do, pretty much unkillable due to the foresight of Major Divination, the protection of the Spirits, and the healing of Blessed one.

So, 9000BC. We start finding worthy candidates (as defined by me as those least likely to use their power for domination) via Minor Telepathy and "teaching", and teach those worthy candidates: Major Divination, Minor Stormsage, Major Spirit Singer, Major Blessed one, Minor Master of Motion, Minor Telepathy. A rare few we give Major Master of Motion to. They are challenged to go out into the world, use their gifts, and tell all of the six magi who sit at the heart of the world, giving blessings to those worthy of heart and noble of purpose.

Several thousand students, and MANY millenium later, this should be more than enough to satisfy the conditions of Sorcerer Supreme. Would probably be relatively quick if not for the total population constraint; as is should be achieved by 1,000 BC, due to the increases in population sizes the magic will make possible. In the meantime, traveling all over our 1500 mile radius, uplifting humanity as much as possible in a moral sense (given that technological advancement is not possible).

Once that is complete, I will grab Major Telepathy for myself, along with Minor Shapeshifting.

(2/3)
>>
>>48239992
Now free of the Region Locked constraint, I will travel the world making myths of a benevolent teacher god. Meanwhile, my companions will be asked to continue their teachings, in whatever way they deem fit. If they want to make myths, too, by all means. We'll keep in contact via my telepathy easily enough. Every so often we can travel together to a single place and grant magic to many more worthy candidates.

Given that it's already 1,000BC, I'll have to hustle, but given the plethora of powers at my command, Myth Maker should be more than achievable. Once it is is, I will use my points on A Shared Gift to give Major Telepathy and Minor Shapeshifting to my companions, and then additionally buy Commander for myself.

Now that the quests are done, it's time to bring the world to a more peaceful conclusion. Through diplomacy, warfare, and magic, it shall be done. The six magi shall sit in the six seats of the Earth, and ensure that prosperity continues.

Will aim for things like Free & Sustainable, even though I won't get the rewards for it.
>>
>>48238923
>On a slightly unrelated note, Illustrator is clearly the superior CYOA making program.
And so, we went to war.
>>
>>48239851
Alright, then; I don't care enough to re-check myself.

Again, thanks for sharing!
>>
>>48239998
No... Google Docs > Export to pdf, is.

Heh.
>>
>>48239950
Forgot to count the cost for the second location(-2). Anyways I will keep the shop rolling with the stuff I pic up and rotate injured crew to work there while I am out, otherwise me and Emily will take care of the place, and I will spend my last point on getting a second contact at the Wizard Tower, and it will be the Young Mage. Met her while I was bringing in supplies for the shop she came in and saw me. With a chunk of Behemoth meat. It was kind of awkward, but she kept coming by and started working with me, going to take her out on the ship for some adventure and practical lessons. Going to try to keep Jane from being a bad influence on her, otherwise I will keep her close so I can "protect" her. Also having a sexy study buddy is hot as shit and she can fill me an Emily in on the magic around here. Might even improve scanners.
>>
>>48239979
Your build feels weird, mostly because you're almost but not really abusing the whole powered companions thing. You're basically creating 6 equal sorcerer-kings and yet somehow insist you're their leader. Why would they not insist on a fair democratic system? Why would you get to be the first among them? You're not better than any of them.

I know it's your cyoa and all but yeah, it feels fucking weird.
>>
File: 1464604486491.jpg (285 KB, 673x1189) Image search: [Google]
1464604486491.jpg
285 KB, 673x1189
>>48238957
Cleaver Guy!
Human Male, Familiar Face:(-10points), 17
Beacon Academy, Vale
Semblance: Fast Mover this time.
Gifts/Talents: Memory(-20), Strength(-20), Agility(-20), Intelligence(-10), Precision(-20), Will(-10).
Weapons: Melee will be a two handed meat cleaver with Collapsible and Weight Enhancement, and the second will be a variable Sniper rifle and Assault rifle combo that can use dust charges (Total cost for both 600)
Items & Gear: Scroll(free), Parachute and Grappling Hook(-150) cant be too paranoid and will use the Hook in my fighting, Rebreather(-50), Wilderness Gear(-50), Dust Charges(-50) for some super ammo, Armor(-100) pic related. Final version.
>>
>>48240095
I have three things that they do not:

Gift of Gab, Economist, and, later, Commander

And I don't really imagine me bossing them around, to be fair, it's more of a Round Table thing. Gift of Gab is mainly what allows me to maintain my slightly elevated social standing, where they tend to look to me when consensus is needed.
>>
>>48240178
Yeah, I noticed that. It was your lack of Wellspring of Harmony that got me thinking though, or more specifically their lack of Wellspring of Harmony. Time really changes people and after seeing a few millenia worth of shit I'd imagine you might disagreeing on some heavy stuff. What happens if one of you were to decide that humanity is not worthy of your help, after seeing the xxxxxxth commited by a human? What happens if one of them decides that the world would be better of without humanity after witnessing how much the world has changed post-industrialization? Or far more personal, what happens when two companions fall in love with the same men/women and a cliched fantasy plot starts playing out?

>where they tend to look to me when consensus is needed.

But there's 6 of you? What happens in a 3-3 situation?
>>
>>48239750

Could you answer

>>48237777
please?
>>
>>48239699
>Life Is A Rock: Selfless
>Fly Like an Eagle: Selfish
>Be The Little Girl: Selfless
>Wizard: Selfless
>Mai Waifu: Selfish
>Series of Tubes: Selfless
>In Space, Baby: Selfless
>Slam Jam: Selfless
>King-guy: Selfless
>Sacrifice: Selfless
bleaaaaaaagrh
>>
>>48234336
Still no Angel:'(
>>
>>48240304
Yeah. I could have really gone for fluffy wing and angle booty. This giant mutant dick cant hotdog itself. Well it can, but that's beside the point.
>>
File: 445.jpg (15 KB, 217x208) Image search: [Google]
445.jpg
15 KB, 217x208
>>48239699
>life as a rock:selfish
i want to see space travel man
>fly like an eagle:selfless
i dont care for flying or teleporting
>be the little girl:selfless
>imagine the lewd posting
>wizard:selfless
we're all magic now.
>mai waifu:selfish
i dont want to be alone for my immortality
>series of tubes:selfless
now everyone can shitpost
>in space baby:selfless
we star trek now
>slam jam:selfish
fuck you i can slam now
>king guy:selfless
fuck that responsibility
>sacrifice:fuck that
fuck that.
>>
>>48240246
That's a fair point. I'm not going to rebuild until I've more "finalized" the DLC, but it probably would be good to work in Wellspring of Harmony, and even more empty companion slots if I can.

I didn't want to go into this much detail, but the idea would be in a 3-3 my Gift of Gab and command of resource allocation could typically win them over to my point of view. I could be overruled in a 4-2 though.

>>48240278
Sorry for missing it before.

You can't make anything smarter than a human with Beastmaster, regardless of how smart they start out at. Monkeys as smart as humans aren't really "beasts" more anyway, so I wouldn't even think of beastmaster as working on them normally.

As for the werewolves, that's an interesting idea I will consider.
>>
>>48239787
The spell card rules are not mandatory at all. That's the canon reason there are no guys in the game - they all think it's too womanly and boring as compared to fighting normally.

The meta reason, of course, is that ZUN can't compose for men.
>>
>>48240285
>>48240380
I wish you cucks would leave the thread.

>>48239699
All selfish, except that pathetic BE THE LITTLE GIRL option. No selection for SACRIFICE.
>>
>>48240458
Oh, and I mentioned Yukari because he talked about an "autistic meme goddess," and I figured she was the best pick, as she gets rampantly wanked by secondaries who never played the games as having unbeatable godly power via no limits fallacies.
>>
>>48238992
BROKEN WAIFU
[START: 15 Points]
>Meeting: Dating Site (16 Points)
>Nationality: South-East Asian (15 Points)
>Body Type: Skinny (12 Points)
>Age: 14-17 Years Old (14 Points)
>Height: 142 cm (18 Points)
>Breast Size: C Cup (17 Points)
>Ass Size: Larger Side of Average (15 Points)
>Attractiveness: Beautiful (10 Points)
>Amputee (14 Points)
>Cute Laugh (11 Points)
>Clumsy (13 Points)
>Addiction: Internet (14 Points)
>Addiction: Travel (16 Points)
>Addiction: Anime (13 Points)
>Addiction: Video Games (10 Points)
>Addiction: Self Harm (13 Points)
>Long Hair (11 Points)
>Common Color (11 Points)
>Straight Hair (9 Points)
>Bad Vision (11 Points)
>Allergies (12 Points)
>Asthma (13 Points)
>Insomnia (14 Points)
>Personality Traits: Mature (11 Points)
>Personality Traits: Shy (13 Points)
>Sexual Features: Fetish: Asphyxiophilia, BDSM (11 Points)
>Squirter (8 Points)
>Hobbies: Music (6 Points)
>Shoplifting (9 Points)
>Traditional Games (6 Points)
>Video Games (3 Points)
>Student (3 Points)
>Personal History: Abused (8 Points)
>Intelligence: MENSA (1 Point)
>Normal Sluttiness.
>>
>>48240501
That really is a broken waifu
>>
>>48238995
>Animal magic
>Plant magic
>Insect/swarm magic
>Fungus/disease magic
>Urban druidism magic

Not sure what other variants there could be, or if those ones could be condensed. It's a little niche.
>>
File: 1465584079561.jpg (30 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1465584079561.jpg
30 KB, 467x700
>>48238992
>Meeting: Random [15]
>Race: Middle-Eastern [16]
>Body Type: Muscular [12]
>Age: 26 [12]
>Height: 182cm [10]
>Breast Size: A Cup [12]
>Ass Size: Large Average [10]
>Attractiveness: Hollywood Material [3]
>Feature: Trap [8]
>Feature: Thick Accent [9]
>Hair: Short [9]
>Health: Bad vision [11]
>Personality: Equal [8]
>Sexual: Nymphomaniac [5]
>Occupation: Fortune 500 [-15]
>Intelligence: Clever [-18]
>History: Abused [-13]
>History: Orphan [-10]
>Fetish: Urolagnia [-8]
>Fetish: Asphyxiophilia [-7]
>Fetish: Acrotomophilia [-4]
>Slut level: High [0]

Seems my broken waifu is a actually an incredibly rich, goodlooking and muscular arabian husbando. I'll learn to live with it...
>>
>>48238995
>>48240529
>ANIMAL/PLANT
>SPIRITS (OF NATURE)
>FUNGUS/DISEASE
>LUNAR/SOLAR
>"MODERN"/URBAN DRUIDISM

Maybe this?
>>
File: soldier76.png (436 KB, 653x844) Image search: [Google]
soldier76.png
436 KB, 653x844
>>48240380
>we're all magic now.
>>
File: Secret world cyoa Mystery Box.jpg (418 KB, 1200x2393) Image search: [Google]
Secret world cyoa Mystery Box.jpg
418 KB, 1200x2393
>>48238996
Forgot the mystery box.
>>
>tfw you're making a cyoa based off an established property and can just pull all the weapon and companion descriptions off of the wiki
>>
File: 50a.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>>48240677
Tell me more.
>>
>>48234244
Mysterious Stranger

Pre-Agriculture (The Fertile Crescent)

Appearance - see pic

>Mental
Genius 1 (2)
Wellspring of Harmony (5)
Polyglot (5)
Gift of Gab (5)

>Physical
Strength and Speed 1 (2)
Reflexes and Reaction 1 (2)
Regeneration 3 (8)
Beauty (2)
Sanitary Convenience 2 (4)

>Supernatural
Divination, Major (10)
Shapeshifting, Major (10)
+Teachable Minor (5)
Spirit Singer, Major (10)
Beastmaster, Minor (5)
Master of Motion, Major (10)
+Teachable Minor (5)
Blessed One, Minor (5)

>Companions
5 Companions (6)
(Leaving blank, so I can keep my favorites through the centuries)

Inheritable
+Lifespan 1 (1)
+Shapeshifting, Minor (5)

>Drawbacks
Slow Pace of History (+15)

>DLC
Magic of the People - Spirit Singer
+Taught (+4)
Magic of the People - Blessed One
+Innate (+3)
Magic of the People - Storm Sage
+Taught (+4)

Hostile Species - Giants (-3)

>Quests
The Myth Maker
Sorcerer Supreme
>>
>>48238878
Toiletpaper mummy can be rejuvenated, either by the spell or that priestess companion who thinks you're the next pharoah.
>>
File: 1420557417279.jpg (48 KB, 605x806) Image search: [Google]
1420557417279.jpg
48 KB, 605x806
>>48240643
>>
>>48240594
Animals/plants is far too much content put into one section, while barely anything could be done with both nature spirits and celestial bodies.
>>
File: logo.png (13 KB, 922x216) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
13 KB, 922x216
>>48240727
Have this.

I mean, it's still not gonna be ready today or tomorrow because I only get like an hour to work on it each day, and there's like 15 weapon choices I have to layout per class (with 4 classes, only done 1 so far), but having the wiki available to me saves a lot of time.
>>
File: Fourth_Wall.jpg (782 KB, 768x5294) Image search: [Google]
Fourth_Wall.jpg
782 KB, 768x5294
>>
>>48236983
This guy has a serious problem with plurals.
>>
>>48240837
>Shardblade and Shardplate
>No spren waifu that allows you to surgebind
Whats the fucking point?
>>
>>48240837
>Slayer [22]
>Circleless Alchemy [45]
>The Force [80]
>Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy [81]
>Magic Wand [105]
>The Wither [100]

There was so much to choose from, I ended up making a suboptimal build. This saddens me.
>>
>>48240894
Just... pretend there's a spren option?
>>48240983
Yeah that cyoa is just a bunch of cool stuff thrown at the wall in a haphazard manner. You can always make a newer, better build tho.
>>
>>48240837
>SCP-682 (140)
>The Wither (145)
>The Joker (165)
>Go'aul (180)

>Green Lantern Ring (110)
>The Force (75)
>The Slayer (53)
>Clapchemy (30)
>Magic Wand (6)
>Lightsaber (1)
>Guide to the Galaxy (0)

A decent amount of redundancy. This one is pretty strong so taking all four of those isn't a problem. Taking Mirror You for the Sub-tract Card and Sonic Screwdriver was considered, but that's a terrible idea, because the things I already have are better, so I'd be fighting a physical god to the death for shits and giggles. Of course, the First Slayer really objects to masculinity, I can have the Ring turn me into a woman, because I was going to have it change my race anyway into some bullshit fantasy species, like the Burning Martians or Kryptonians or something. If anyone isn't familiar, the Power Rings also include subspace, basically a bag of holding, and can grant infinite charge if you physically implant the battery in your body, which is worth considering. The Lightsaber is actually still useful because, by default, GL Rings aren't supposed to have kill functions, and I'd rather not take that particular gamble.
>>
>>48241020
Nah, the optimal build would be Crystal Gem [30] + Circleless Alchemy [53]. Then you could use your Alchemy on yourself to transmute your base gemstone into a higher, nigh-unbreakable tier, making yourself pretty much undestroyable in turn. That still leaves you 47 points to have fun with.

I don't want to be a Crystal Gem though.
>>
>>48241072
The only reason the First Slayer was a woman was because the council of Shadow Men who made her, believed that such power could only be entrusted to a (submissive) woman. Giving such power to a man would put him in a position where he could overthrow them. It was pretty clever of them but it has no function in modern society.
>>
>>48241074
>immortality
>super human durability/strength/agility/speed
>ability to create hard light constructs
>shoot laser beams
>can shapeshift to almost any form imaginable
>become a androgynous girl

To be fair only the last part might put people off.
>>
>>48241103
Yeah, I haven't watch Buffy this decade, so thanks for clarifying. Of course, if you're going to be shapeshifting, you might turn into a woman at some point anyway, just because you can.
>>
>>48240837
I like how the Protagonist option requires you to take all the enemy options and leaves you with only 5 points left to choose shit. Hammers in the point that only boring fucks get to be protagonists.
>>
>>48241103
wait I thought Buffy was a feminist show
that doesn't sound very feminist
bonus question: is there a cyoa based on that show? besides the jumpchain one
>>
File: 1417907686840.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1417907686840.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48241162
There was one that never got finished. This one, maybe.
>>
File: HelmetJasperDP.png (81 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
HelmetJasperDP.png
81 KB, 2000x3000
>>48241151
Technically the gems are genderless and can appear quite masculine. I mostly have no interest in being a member of what is almost an hivemind of autistic femdom fags. I suspect that in a realistic world, they'd appear very, very inhuman which is a turn off too.
>>
>>48241161
It's enough points for a lightsaber, which is only useful if you can get a trainer, so you'd probably find somebody to train you, which means you can be a jedi. It's still kind of a boring option, though, but now you too can be Ray, or however her name was spelled.
>>
>>48241177
Thank you!
>>
>>48241162
It is a decently feminist show, but that doesn't change the fact the original Shadow Men (and frankly the current Council too) were quite sexist.

It makes a ton of sense though. You definitely wouldn't give superhuman power to a male warrior in an archaic patriarchal society, dominated by powerful men. Nope, such a man would grab power and rule as a literal demonic warlord. But give that kind of power to a girl and she just becomes a freak to use against the darkness, since absolutely no people would accept a girl as their leader. That was their reasoning though.
>>
>>48241162
It's literally the patriarchy. Although, the council of watchers is also an equal opportunity employer.
>>
>>48241188
Anon they can shapeshift to imitate any human on earth or even sculpt their bodies to be more human.
>>
>>48241177
I'm pretty sure I saw a newer version of that ages ago with the Watchers and stuff.
>>
>>48241224
Is there evidence of that in the show cause I can only remember seeing them looking extremely inhuman with those colour schemes.
>>
>>48240837
Hmm... I wonder if there is any synergy possible with Skitter and Shadow Clones. Can you retain knowledge of what bugs "learn"?
>>
>>48241231
for real??
>>
File: consider the following.png (472 KB, 957x535) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
472 KB, 957x535
>>48234277
I think you should make it so the other two books update after the present is reached and then continuously so. I think it would remove the buyer's remorse of losing points on a seemingly temporary thing. You could adjust the cost for it doing that but I wouldn't because they don't interfere with anything and most can't even benefit from it for something like 10,000 years.
>>
>>48241241
There was one episode where the crystal gems were all playing Steven tag, Amethyst and Garnet shapeshifted into Stevens but still maintaining their colour schemes.
>>
>>48234672
Argus, 45,True Travellers, Technomagical Weaponsmith [Female Romanceable]
Male
Old civilization, Terrified Onlooker

Talents 3+2
-Origin
--Advanced-Tech Understanding
--Basic Ethereal Manipulation
--Stone Soul
--Languages Proficiency
-Advanced Ethereal Manipulation
-Mechanical Adept
-Scavenger
-Tech-Head
-Technomage
-Explorer (Faction)

Stuff (2200)
Clothing (400)
-Travellers Leathers
--Upgrades (Faction)
-Mandalorian Full Suit (400)

Weapons (200)
-Yuatja Brace
--Upgrade 1 (faction)
-MAD. 11 Hunting Shotgun (200)

Knick-nacks (1000)
-Pegs
-Basic Survival Kit
-Basic Bag
-ID Card
-Bottomless Bag (100)
-Advanced Medical Kit (100)
-Cedril Vibration Dispenser (300)
-Munitions Worktable (200)
-Omni Camping Equipment (50)
-Toshamark Standard Computer (200)
-standard breather (20)
-Mathery Travellers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324 (20)
-1 Metric Ton of Concentrated Bleach (10)
-Hoverbike (500)
-Power Generator-small(100)

Faction
-True Travellers

Allies
-Wu Mei
-'Sam'
-Captain Grahm
-Temel'Parah Vas Ae

Homeworld
-Free Traveller

Hubword
-Terra D2- Samplings

Panic Button
-The Duke

Little Things (+200)
-I don't need no governa's Dallax2 (-800)
-Minor (500)
-That Guy (500)

"So I'm working on something I like to call an 'Intelligent Device'. I don't know what it'll do but it should be cool"
>>
>>48234277
Instead of having the books update after reaching present (as per >>48241287), I'd say they should update whenever new knowledge/culture is either made or encountered.
>>
>>48241347
I would have suggest that if not for The Historian quest.
>>
File: 1444608479646.png (7 MB, 900x6236) Image search: [Google]
1444608479646.png
7 MB, 900x6236
>>48241252
>>
>>48240837
The Joker +20
The Wither +5
Go'aul +15

140 points

The Force 35, 105 (assuming this comes with a decent level of natural potential)
Magic Wand, 81 (assuming this comes with apparation)
Alchemy (Circleless), 58
Shadow Clones, 32
The Slayer, 10
Daredevil, 1
Hitchhiker's Guide, 0

Certainly not an "optimal" build, this is more a very, very, very versatile galaxy trawler; with enemies to match. He doesn't have a ship, but apparently Hitchhiker's Guide is going to rectify that one way or the other. Magic wand is generally NOT used in combat situations, because of how fragile it is, but has so much utility potential outside of it.

I don't really know much about FMA, but Circleless Alchemy seems really powerful; does it make Magic Wand redundant?

Shadow Clones will allow relatively quick skill building in the other areas, as well as proving useful for other means.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.