[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creating a sci-fi setting help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Sci_fi Setting map.png (323 KB, 543x480) Image search: [Google]
Sci_fi Setting map.png
323 KB, 543x480
Hello guys, I am in the middle of creating a sci fi setting that could be used for future sci-fi games. But I come to a grinding halt when it comes to fleshing the setting out. Here is what I got so far.
First off is the alien species. I'll list the major ones listed in the map

>Light Blue: The Human Empire
Your standard humans in a sci fi setting, could use some help in order to make them unique/interesting

>Red: The Vrobrak Coalition of Stars
Vrobaks a race of fast breeding and resource consuming expansionists, that hail from the high gravity world Jurt-Ba. They tend to cover entire planets in cities while using up all the planets resources. There are tentions between them and the Human Empire

>Green: The Ehsi Alliance
The Eshi's are a species of insectoids that live on the planet "Erstahr" a cold and almost lifeless planet that lies on the border of the goldielock-zone in their home system. In pre-FTL times they had a cold war situation, but when that ended they became more unified instead of more split. Neutral to all other factions, but old stockpiled weapons are sometimes sold to other races.

>Black: The Ar'arb Holdings
The species known as the Ar'arb is a race of four legged avians. They are very secluded from the other factions and races due to their home world and nearby stars is bordering several black holes that limit FTL travel. By being very secluded from the others has made them very protective of what little planets and stars they control, this has lead to the name of their goverment to be "The Ar'arb Holdings"

Cont in the next post...
>>
>>48227125

>Purple: The Ukmelh Dynasty (Dark purple are current minor Dynasites that are fighting for claim on their Empire)
The Ukmelh Dynasty is not to be confused with the name of their race, but that is the name of the family that rule the empire at the moment. As a species thay call themselves Travlanok, and they are a race of long limbed bipeds that hail from the jungle planet Ke'Otom They have a very large empire but it is not well enforced or protected so many minor Dynasties pop up and claim parts of their empire as thier own. But with weapons bought from Eshi merchants have made the Ukmelh Dynasty the supreme rules for many years.

>Dark Blue: This represents the border of what is explored/safe routes to use FTL, and what is not safe and/or explored.

I could use some help to flesh out other minor races, star systems, events, etc. I would be greatfull for any help
>>
Selfbumpin'
>>
What kind of atmosphere are you going for with this setting? Space western, constant war, political intrigue?
>>
>>48228148
I haven't really decided yet, I just thought of making a setting after a few ideas I had. That is why I ask for help, but political intrigue sounds fun. Maybe we can mix western with intrigue?
>>
>>48228194
That could work. If inter-faction law is loose, then the political side could come from dealing with the different factions and sub-factions. The more western stuff would be from everything outside an office. Like House of cards but everyone has a gun.
>>
Any ideas for some minor races anyone?
>>
File: 1379507143084.jpg (188 KB, 1170x805) Image search: [Google]
1379507143084.jpg
188 KB, 1170x805
>>48228690
Carcharodons, landsharks with mildly aggressive instincts and lots of bulk.
>>
>>48228690
The Craalliwk: An amphibious cephalopod species found commonly in starports and other places of high travel, stowing away on spaceships. While they show sentience, they have primitive minds and are considered mostly as pests in common space. They tend to collect scrap and steal tools and such, and construct crude housing units or "nests" as they are normally referred to. In some of the more rundown starports, rumors have spread of finding Craalliwk nests large enough to house 100's of Craalliwks.
>>
>>48229166
I like this, I like this a lot
>>
>>48227125
>High grav and cities
No
>Insects and cold planets +cold war mention
No
>Very secluded very secluded
Writers 101 failed, also 4 legged birds only works if they can't fly
>Long limbed jungle bipeds
These guys better be small, like half the size of a human

You have a very long way to go, I suggest you start looking into evolution trends and biology. You also need to decide on your setting, without that this might as well be some shit from MS paint with random words attached.

>>48228690
If you can't come up with that much on your own, this project will never get done. Just a warning not to waste your time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.