[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Astrid Lindgren and RPGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Would you play campaigns based on Lindgren's fantasy stories? Stuff like The Brothers Lionheart, Ronja, The Robber's Daughter, Mio, My Son and possibly Most Beloved Sister?

I'm thinking making a series of campaigns based on the books, but I have a few questions;
Does it sound like a fun/viable idea at all?
What should one think about when adapting a book to a campaign?
What system would you use for this? I've been thinking of either Symbaroum, but that might be a little too lethal. Solar System I have never played it, and I thought that this might be a chance to try it out.
>>
File: Liek.jpg (134 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Liek.jpg
134 KB, 800x450
>>48223921
great idea, but I would recommed to do them as one-offs. both the brothers Liionheart and Mio would be rather easy to make into adventures. the rest of her stuff is very dependent on interpersonal relations between characters and thus less easy to roleplay especially with younger kids.

As for systems I would recommend Trudvagn Chronicles for Ronja and possibly The Brothers Lionheart (eller Drakar & Demoner Trudvagn om du är svensk, bork bork). Might work for Mio as well I dunno.
>>
Only if you let me roll Karlsson
>>
>>48223921
>Does it sound like a fun/viable idea at all?
extremely. Brothers LIonheart is perfect for a campaign
>What should one think about when adapting a book to a campaign?
In general? Know a lot of small details and be willing to change it - stay in it's style, especially when expanding on it. Don't, for example, make Katla just a dragon that's part of a big DnD-style Dragon race and Karm just a specimen of a worm race - They are presented as a dual system symbolizing death and fear, keep them as that.
>What system would you use for this? I've been thinking of either Symbaroum, but that might be a little too lethal. Solar System I have never played it, and I thought that this might be a chance to try it out.
That depends on what you want out of it.
>>48223921
>>
>>48224745
Hm, bra idé! (bork bork) I have Trudvang as pdfs, I think...

>>48224834
Thanks!
>>
>>48224812
>CN Bard
>>
>>48224961
Hur skulle man bäst kunna göra en Emil i Lönnberga kampanj? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap10T00_sOE
>>
>>48225707
Hmm, det känns lite mer slice of life-igt. Har inte spelat det, men kanske Golden Sky Stories?
>>
File: Get on my back, Skorpan.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Get on my back, Skorpan.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
>>48223921
>Does it sound like a fun/viable idea at all?
If you can find the right people for it, certainly.
Might not work toó well as a combat-heavy game though, would feel kinda wrong.
Something along the lines of
>Some of Tengils old goons have found the horn at the last resting place of the brothers; the party has to steal it away out of the fortress before they find another dragon to control
or
>A child has run away from the trading caravan and gone missing in the woods around Matti's keep. You got to go find her, possibly by enlisting the help of some robbers
>>
Selfbump
>>
It would be fun to run an adventure and see if the players realize the characters, setting and plot is lifted from an astrid lindgren book.
Just change the names so it isn't too obvious.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.