[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT That GM stories >see ad for group at FLGS, game is held
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 22
File: 1459877803798.png (314 KB, 1042x718) Image search: [Google]
1459877803798.png
314 KB, 1042x718
ITT That GM stories

>see ad for group at FLGS, game is held at GM's house
>meet at FLGS
>two rainbow haired hamplanets, one nerdy guy with a Bazinga tee, GM seems normal
>alarm bells start ringing
>"ok we're running 5e, it's a homebrew anime-esque setting inspired by Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tale
>realise what I am in for
>oh, dis gun be GUD

>go home and begin my epic plan
>make a DORF. Fuck all this anime bullshit, WE DORFS NOW
>Stoneheart Rockbeard is a Slav dorf, interests listed as VODKA, MINING and REMOVING ELF
>first proper session begins
>hambeast A makes shota kitsune homebrew race
>hambeast B makes twink elf
>hipster geek makes edgelord ninja
>enter me
>"stoneheart sees the knife ear and starts making jokes about elves needing to be removed"
>start humming God is a Serb
>throughout session steadfastly have no time for anime shit, play dorf as serious no nonsense elf remover, chopping down sacred trees etc
>GM has to fiat like a mofo as I troll his shitty setting
>we hendersoning this bitch now

>session ends and GM comes up to me
>"don't bother coming back next week, you aren't a good fit for the group"
>tfw I never got to properly derail that shit game
>go into FLGS, see someone else looking for players
>oh sorry Anon, [hambeast A] told me what you did in a campaign she was in, I don't really want you in my game.

Why is this allowed?
>>
You were That Guy, Anon.

If you don't like weebshit then why not just leave and let the hyper-dorks have their fun? No one was holding you hostage.
>>
>>48223075
That other group was probably just as bad, so you dodged a bullet
>>
Because instead of bailing when the GM described his shitty setting you acted like a faggot. And not the kind of faggot a Rainbow haired tumblr land whale would champion.
>>
File: 1468162393708.png (416 KB, 492x374) Image search: [Google]
1468162393708.png
416 KB, 492x374
"What? These people are doing a thing in a way I don't like, that I chose to join?! Rather than just politely declining, i'm going to le epic troll them!"

"What? Instead of allowing me to ruin their fun, they promptly and politely removed me from the game to prevent it from being a problem when they obviously saw I was acting counterintuitively? And their friends are disinclined to play with me because I made an ass of myself? HOW DARE THEY!"
>>
>>48223075
People wanted an anime game, and you disagreed.

Either you didn't keep it fun for both sides, or they didn't want you messing with their fun.

Either way, you're out a game.
>>
nice b8 OP, I r8 8/8
>>
File: 1467605682990.jpg (53 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1467605682990.jpg
53 KB, 500x378
>>48223075
>ITT, OP Is That Guy Without Realizing It

FTFY
>>
File: 1440350959122.jpg (522 KB, 1200x886) Image search: [Google]
1440350959122.jpg
522 KB, 1200x886
If you're intent on trolling, there are FAR more subtle ways of doing it. Really. I've been in games like that and you can always do better than what you just described. Just play a Magical Petting Zoo druid. Best part is you'll look like you fucking fit. Last GM I played with one quietly admitted after the game that he had a flawed DMPC after all was said and done.
>>
File: Bitch, I will fucking cut you.png (1 MB, 1712x1272) Image search: [Google]
Bitch, I will fucking cut you.png
1 MB, 1712x1272
>>48223075
Them playing something that you don't like doesn't make it wrong.

You were wrong for de-railing their game for no reason.

You were That Guy.

You deserve your fate.
>>
>>48223075
>>session ends and GM comes up to me
>>"don't bother coming back next week, you aren't a good fit for the group"
I am heartened by this tale of quality GMing. I can only hope this story is true.

>>oh sorry Anon, [hambeast A] told me what you did in a campaign she was in, I don't really want you in my game.
>Why is this allowed?
It is allowed because if you come into my home and shit on my living room carpet, I will tell others that you did so. I do this not out of malice or any attempt to worsen your life. I will do this because it is my responsibility to my friends and acquaintances to advise them that if they allow you into their homes, you might shit on their living room carpet.
>>
Is this a parody of how every "that GM" story ends up being a "that player" story in disguise?
>>
File: 1455690822906.jpg (17 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1455690822906.jpg
17 KB, 680x383
>>48223384
It's more that an almost unanimous quality if That Guys is being too stupid to realize they're That Guys, as OP so eloquently demonstrates.
>>
>>48223075
>dorf meme
>slav meme
>remove kebab meme
You sure memed them well, anon. Assuming any of this even happened (it didn't).
>>
Excellent bait OP, no doubt you'll rile up a few Anons who're jaded enough to believe that anyone could be this fucking retarded and deliberately make shitty meme derailing attempts while playing himself off as anything but an autist
Your ruse is exquisite OP, you really portrayed being a giant faggot superbly
>>
>>48223075
Poor quality trolling in that group. You need to try harder and be more subtle to avoid detection next time.
>>
File: 1450424006509.jpg (77 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
1450424006509.jpg
77 KB, 685x474
>>48223075
>A group of people all agree to play a specific type of game with a specific setting
>OP crash the party like a big fucking turd because "lol it's funny, we henderson now"
>He then goes on 4chan to complain when nobody want to play with him again
>>
>>48223075
But you were That Guy. You were a douchebag for no reason other than "lol I don't like this setting". Fuck off.
>>
>>48223075
Plot twist: OP was a faggot all along!
>>
>>48223075
ITT: that guy thinks he's funny.
>>
File: funtown.jpg (46 KB, 839x469) Image search: [Google]
funtown.jpg
46 KB, 839x469
>>48223075
>hurrdurr fuck this setting that I knew about before joining
>intentionally fuck everything up
>why is this allowed?
>>
When did /tg/ become a bunch of limpdicks concerned about triggering the feefees of casuals, narutards and gamer grrls

Look on 1d4chan, educate yourself about Henderson, Alphonse Kapowned, the diplomancer story and Edgardo
>>
>>48225256
Henderson was always a pile of shit. It's the story of a munchkin abusing an overly lenient GM to do EPIK stuff when any competent GM would have killed off his character 20 minutes in.

Eat shit, OP.
>>
>>48225256
These were all stories of players wronged by their DMs, not players joining a game with a style they didn't like and were clearly warned about just for the sake of ruining someone else's fun, you asshurt deranged bitch.
>>
>>48225256
The guy who played Henderson was dealing with a genuinely shit GM and not just REEEEEing because they were running a game they didn't like.
Saging because fuck's sake, you really are sticking with this b8
>>
>>48223075
EPIC story! Epic FOR THE WIN! xD
>>
>>48225391
>not ebin :DDDDD
>>
>>48223075
Your story is funny but not for the reasons you think and I wouldn't advocate anyone copying you.

Trolling people who have the wrong kind of fun is best done:
1)Online where the repercussions of failure can be dodged with ease.
2)With at least some attempt at subtly.
3)With the the groups best interests at heart that is to say to shame, trick, educate and/or convince them to become better roleplayers.

Kill with kindness OP don't be a faggot without a cause.
>>
File: 1393290416112.jpg (23 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1393290416112.jpg
23 KB, 460x345
once again OP is a fucking retarded faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 600x857
>>48223075
>Be GM
>Run animu shit because whatever, I think it's fun and that's what matters
>Four people answer FLGS ad.
>One of them keeps mumbling something about dank memes and kebabs. Politely ignore it, maybe he has some mental handicap?
>Game day comes, get some weird characters, but at least everyone seems to be having fun
>Everone except kebab guy, who plays a racist dwarf
>Dwarf keeps derailing everything. I have to fiat shit just to avoid a party fight because he's purposefully instigating shit
>Tempted to just drop rocks on him, but I'm more mature than that, so I just deal with it until the session's over.
>Pull Dwarfguy aside and politely tell him not to come back, he's making it impossible for anyone else to have fun.
>His eyes narrow and he walks away grumbling something about hamplanets and weebs. Could swear I see him pull what looks like a dragon dildo out of his dash and start deepthroating it as he drives away
>One of my players apparently warned a friend of hers not to play with Dwarfguy, after that. Can't really blame her, her friend probably dodged a bullet.

We found a new player and continued having fun without him. Feel a little bad for Dwarfguy though, I think he might have autism or something.
>>
>>48223173
>magical petting zoo
What's that?
>>
>>48223075
When you intentionally ruin others' fun because of your personal dislikes, it makes you That Guy.

Of course, only a fool would think this story actually happened.
>>
>>48223075
It's nice to see a group able to politely handle That Guy and ask him to leave the group like an adult. It warms my desiccated heart there still exist such mature players.

Assuming any of this actually happened.
>>
File: Zelda giggle.jpg (9 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
Zelda giggle.jpg
9 KB, 191x264
>>48226016
lol'd
>>
File: no faggots today OH SHIT ITS OP.jpg (322 KB, 704x800) Image search: [Google]
no faggots today OH SHIT ITS OP.jpg
322 KB, 704x800
>>48225256
Henderson was interesting made his own new shit and everyone ran with it. Including, inexplicably, the GM.
OP yelled memeshit and got asked to leave.

This is the difference between successful trolls and OP.
>>
>>48229810
>This is the difference between successful trolls and OP.
Check again.
OP has successfully trolled an entire thread into discussing his fictional nonsense.
I agree with this anon >>48224173
Decent bait, better than I've seen since summer began, over a year ago.
>>
>>48230164
Anon, if this is what you call a "successful troll", then I guess trolling has become so weak as to not be an issue any more.
>>
>>48230164
>OP has successfully trolled an entire thread into discussing his fictional nonsense.
Not that anon, but when every reply in the thread is some form of "OP is a fag and his story is fake", I question your ability to discern successful trolling.
>>
>>48223075
b8.
>>
>>48230532
EPIC

TROLLED SO HARD
>>
>>48223075
A bit too hamfisted to be good trolling, still if you'd toned it down a little could've been good.
>>
>>48230164
>>48224173
Why would you ever assume that the OP is being ironic when them being a genuine retard makes so much more sense?
>>
>>48230265
>Anon, if this is what you call a "successful troll", then I guess trolling has become so weak as to not be an issue any more.
More "badly done" than weak, but yeah.
>>48230294
>Not that anon, but when every reply in the thread is some form of "OP is a fag and his story is fake", I question your ability to discern successful trolling.
Imagine if you will, a troll that intended to generate an entire thread of responses to their obvious faggotry.

>>48230764
>Why would you ever assume that the OP is being ironic when them being a genuine retard makes so much more sense?
Because he's not a genuine retard, but a perfect one. That makes me think he is clearly telling a fake story to get tg going which it clearly is.

I'm not saying it's not "I was only pretending to be a retard" but it is better than the weaksauce I've seen lately.
>>
>>48231155
Anon, I don't think you understand what trolling is, if these responses are what you consider successful trolling.
Either that, or
>>48230265
was correct and trolling is now a complete non-issue, as it's gotten so weak.
>>
>>48231155
>Imagine if you will, a troll that intended to generate an entire thread of responses to their obvious faggotry.
That's not a troll, it's a shitposter. If you can't tell the difference, you need to lurk moar.
>>
File: sad_jordan.jpg (36 KB, 306x460) Image search: [Google]
sad_jordan.jpg
36 KB, 306x460
I was That GM.
> party of three players, two are really into dragons
> only one is a compentent player, the other two are girls who just do the first thing on their character sheet
> first time with 4e, have them battle the 4e sample dungeon with the kobolds
> they get to the ice dragon, it begins to kick their asses to a fearsome degree
> try to think of some way to prevent TPK
> "there's something on the dragon's back, it looks like you could pull it off the dragon"
> they pull off a cloak, activating my pure BS and transforming the dragon into a put out kobold
> "it transformed into a dragon using a ritual"
> the only competent player, playing a mage, and very into dragons, says, "-I'd- like to learn -that- ritual!"
> panic, tell him he never can.
> his face when
>>
>>48231519
>Not sending party on a long running side quest to gather ritual components.
>Not making them work for their dragon form shenanigans.
>Not letting them have dragon form shenanigans they actually earned.
Yep, you dropped the ball.
>>
Dude, everyone else wanted to play anime. You played Dorf SlavLord and tried to ruin their game out of spite. If you don't like their game, just leave. There are games out there where you can play a Dorf to your heart's content.
>>
>>48231597
This
>>
>>48223075
Henderson is spinning in his grave from the disrespect to his name
>>
File: trollstop.png (61 KB, 1072x364) Image search: [Google]
trollstop.png
61 KB, 1072x364
>>48231196
>Anon, I don't think you understand what trolling is,
>>48231207
>That's not a troll, it's a shitposter.

>Troll:
A person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community

"Upsetting" /tg/ enough to fill a thread with posts informing him that he is a faggot fits, I believe.
What makes the troll better than recent attempts is every post informing him he was That Guy when that was his intent.
>>
>>48233312
see, and now you reveal you don't understand what the word upset means.
>>
>>48233333
>>48233312
Yeah, I don't really see any one being angry.
And the only argument, actually, is you, insisting that this is somehow successful trolling.
And that still hasn't made anyone upset.

The thread's been very tame.
>>
File: checked.png (340 KB, 494x627) Image search: [Google]
checked.png
340 KB, 494x627
>>48233333
Came here to check this.
>>
>>48233369
And you're a faggot for doing that.
>>
>>48233443 no, but seriously. >>>/trash/4042158 check timestamps
>>
File: 1467777304304.jpg (53 KB, 680x742) Image search: [Google]
1467777304304.jpg
53 KB, 680x742
>>48233369
I just checked, and you got nothing senpai
>>
File: exc.png (158 KB, 680x681) Image search: [Google]
exc.png
158 KB, 680x681
>>48223075
>>
>>48225256
>badwrongfun
>>
>>48223075
>>"ok we're running 5e, it's a homebrew anime-esque setting inspired by Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tale
>combining Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tale
Maan, that line alone has amount of whiplash at lethal level

Oh that meme again.
That meme when you devote your time and effort to ruining games of people having fun wrong instead of just doing 360 and leaving.

>>tfw I never got to properly derail that shit game
>>oh sorry Anon, [hambeast A] told me what you did in a campaign she was in, I don't really want you in my game.
>Why is this allowed?

Huh.
Well I'll give you some points for a surprise twist in the story.

>>48225321
He's not even a real munchkin, he was literally pulling out skills out of thin air like a freeforming powergamer does his infinite katanas.

>>48231519
Could've at least said "kobold racial"? Although that could've suddenly induced suicidism in the mage.
Or if he was actually a bold, >>48231597
>>
>>48233333
>see, and now you reveal you don't understand what the word upset means.
>>48233350
>And that still hasn't made anyone upset.
>The thread's been very tame.

It is very possible that y'all missed the connotation of the quotation marks around 'upsetting'.
I suppose I could have been more clear.

/tg/ was "upset" only in the sense that they felt compelled to point out his faggotry, rather tamely so.
A steady stream of tame responses is the yield of subtler bait. Spicy bait attracts more exciting responses, but often scares off most of the fish. Too spicy bait is the hallmark of a poor troll.
>>
That guy thread, hmm?
Have I got a tale for you, happened this last sunday.

> be forever DM, one of my players, a cool BR guy asks if he can run his own session
> promptly agree because our group is cool and there shouldn't be any problems
> sunday comes around, euro finals, flgs is practically deserted. 4 of my regular 6 aren't there
> instead, through sheer force of bad luck and planetary alignment, two of the biggest losers in the world show up to play
> not hyperbole, one of them is a smelly, unkept, glasses wearing neckbeard with drool on his collar, the other had shown up months ago with his dad to play in my session
> DM explains the setting, explains dragonborn characters are hunted for sport, dwarves are slave drivers and duergars drove normal dwarves out of their old mountain homes so
> of fucking COURSE neckbeard boy makes a dragonborn character and daddy's boy makes a duergar character, all while tye DM slips me a homebrew "witch hunter" class asking if I wouldn't mind playing that
> I agree to the witch hunter (fun class) while the tweedle dad and tweedle dumb start spouting edgy shit about their characters
> Now wouod be a good time to tell you all about the party. 7 people. There's me, a fat nerd that at least shaves, a friend I made back in college, a 15 year old kid that's a pretty cool guy, we're playing witch hunter, smith mountain dwarf and human barbarian respectively (to be continued)
>>
>>48239676
> on the red side of the ring there's dadnard and dragonfag, a math teacher that kept trying to trade his bunyip mini for my wolf and a shy girl he kept flirting with to no avail, playing his warlock duergar, monk dragonborn, half-elf sorcerer and halfling rogue
> the girl was also problematic because it was her second session, and as such the DM felt bad for her so he had to make the adventure a level 1 affair.
> after an HOUR of character building (in 5e, no less, where chars come pre-made, essentially) because warlorf wouldn't shut up to the DM aout how cool and awesome and edgy his duergar was, and how his robes flowed like shadows and he had this bitching dragon-shaped scar in his left nut or whatever, instead of writing down on the fucki g sheet
> meanwhile fat boy, being the exemplary roleplayer that he is, kept practicing his character voice. Except it wasn't a dragon's voice, or even just a batman growl, it was his "funny jamaican voice" (did I mentioned he loves warcraft trolls?)
> So for an hour I'm listening to a guy who brings his dad to dnd sessions and a literal drooling retard make an annoying fucking voice so goddamn loud he'd eventually run the next table's group out of the store later down the line
> as soon as the session actually fucking begins the wonder twins start hamming it up, they won't let the DM talk, interjecting everything he says with stupid reactions like "Yaa, mon, zurga zurga want punchy punchy bad guy" and "I look at the thing you described with my white eyes. Did I mention my character has white eyes?"
> Essentially the only times anyone has a say in anything is when the chromosome boys are being told to ease up by the DM when it's someone's turn in combat, and even then they find ways to be annoying
>"My dragonborn monk shits itself when he sees the ankheg and then it smells like doodoo"
>"My character looks at you after you attack the beast with his WHITE EYES and goes like 'whoa'.
(Tbc)
>>
>>48239835
why did you even stay.
>>
>>48239835
> meanwhile we reach our town of destination, where people have been kidnapped and the DM said it was MY job and that of my "troupe" to investigate since it could be monsters at work
> of course I don't get in a single word with the NPCs since our special needs friends feel like they should be the ones conducting an investigation, rolling insight after every 2 words
> the halfling rogue then tries to steal all the 120 copper pieces in town, and that by itself takes like 20 minutes of stealth rolls and listening to doors
> all the while math teacher kept trying to convince me uis bunyip was totally a fair trade for my wolf mini, which I can't trade, because it's used by my beastmaster player
> this bullshit goes on from 4 to 7:45 when the store is essentially starting to lock up

> then on monday morning the DM sends me a text asking me if the sorcerer was too OP and made the game unchallenging.

NO. I had NO problem with the fucking sorcerer, what I had a problem with was the two limp-necked ball sniffers that monopolized the fucking session with doodoo and white eyes.
I'm still mad and I probably will still be mad until next sunday. Fuck.
>>
>>48239926
>I'm still mad and I probably will still be mad through next sunday.
FTFY
You don't honestly expect improvement, do you?
>>
>>48239914
It was BRDM's first dm session in literal years. He's become a good friend, and I really wanted to PLAY after three straight years DMing basically every week. It was a horrible stroke of shit luck at the worst possible moment.
>>
>>48233312
Considering this is the only person saying op was a successful troll with everyone else saying he wasn't because 1) no one is upset and 2) literally everyone knew he was a troll and liar from the start I'd wager this is op trying to convince himself he succeeded where there is only failure and shitposting. Either that or this is some other fag dick riding op so hard he won't be able to walk for the duration of his pregnancy. Not sure which scenario is more pathetic really.
>>
>>48239926
Talk to the DM, make sure to praise his ability to keep stuff moving despite those retards, because damn that sounds annoying for someone just starting to DM.
>>
>>48239926
I lol'd at limp-necked ball sniffers. Did the guy actually have his character shit himself or were you exaggerating?
>>
>>48239361
that's not what upset means, anon.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure out how to troll at some point in the future.
>>
>>48240804
He literally had his character shit himself.
The guy isn't too right in the head. What I left out was the annoying jamaican accent "comment" his character made afterwards because it goes without saying.
>>
>>48242126
>that's not what upset means, anon.
Can you read? I specifically was stating how I was stretching the meaning of the word.
I also mentioned my use of quotation marks for emphasis.
Quotation marks can be used to acknowledge that you're abusing a word's meaning, or using it in a nonstandard way:
>A cat's "thumb" is located on the back of its foreleg.
>A "couple" of reasons .. [going on to list 7 things]

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure the how to read posts at some point in the future.

>>48240720
Not OP, just an anon making an unrefuted observation.

>1) no one is upset
See above

2) literally everyone knew he was a troll and liar from the start
And yet many of them responded as if he honestly didn't realise he was the That Guy of the story?
Odd way to demonstrate their knowledge of his approach to trolling, don't you think?
I'm guessing you don't think.
>>
>>48242892
Sorry anon, you're using the word wrong.
Are you getting upset that you used the word wrong?
Don't worry, I'm sure you will learn how to use words properly at some point in the future.
>>
>>48242937
>>48242892
Yeah, I think he's gotten legitimately upset that people pointed out he was using the word wrong.
I guess that means the only person trolled in this entire thread... was him.
>>
>playing game
>heading into bar, trying to get some information on a local crime boss
>my character heads over to where some people are playing cards, gets himself dealt into the game
>playing, but also asking around while I do so
>my guy has a pretty good gambling score
> DM AMtells me to roll perception instead of gambling.
>object
>no, this time you roll perception with a +3 due to your familiarity with common games of chance
>whatever, not worth arguing, he'll just trot out rule 0
> roll mediocre.
>DM notes it down, I lose the hand, oh well
> keep playing, keep asking questions, now rolling gambling as proper
> even when I roll a 19, DM announced I lose every hand

I don't even know why he did it, the amount was negligible for our level, and he never gave off an overtly moralfag reaction about gambling before
>>
>>48243045
Maybe he had you roll to spot a cheated deck, which you had the chance to do due to your gambling skills, but failed?
>>
>>48242937
>Sorry anon, you're using the word wrong
>>48242954
>I think he's gotten legitimately upset that people pointed out he was using the word wrong

>>48242892
>Quotation marks can be used to acknowledge that you're abusing a word's meaning

So, what you two are saying is that neither of you can read, at all?
Completely illiterate?
Seems "legit."
>>
>>48243138
>gets so upset he deteriorates into "you can't read!" when it's pointed out he used a word wrong
>after he acknowledges he used the word wrong by putting quotes around it
Look, anon, I'm sorry you got trolled and are upset now, but you need to calm down your anger, or the troll wins.
>>
>>48243084
This was my immediate impression too.
>>
>>48225256
>Look on 1d4chan, educate yourself about Henderson, Alphonse Kapowned, the diplomancer story and Edgardo
Why should I educate myself about shit that never happened?
>>
>>48243138
You're a funny guy, mr. angry pants.
>>
File: 1316615143619.jpg (37 KB, 526x473) Image search: [Google]
1316615143619.jpg
37 KB, 526x473
>>48243177
Yet, religious studies are still popular all over the world.
>>
>>48243138
Neutral third party here: from my observations, you've spent a good deal of time trying to convince people that you aren't upset. If you really didn't care, you should probably have closed the thread by now.
>>
>>48243204
Sure, but that's more like studying the posting styles of the anons who make shit up, rather than studying the 1d4chan articles directly.
>>
>>48243212
Oh, he's just one of those "trolls" who think any response at all is a success. Even if getting those responses makes him angry. You know how those guys are, good times.
>>
>>48243045
you got scammed, bruh
>>
File: Dream.png (2 MB, 917x1165) Image search: [Google]
Dream.png
2 MB, 917x1165
>>48243163
>>48243197
>be me
>point out abuse of a word as I post with quotations.
>idiots can't figure it out
>I explain nicely
>idiots still can't figure it out
>I explain they're idiots
>idiots prove they're idiots and also say "U mad"
>I point out the unlikelyhood that they are actually this idiotic
>"lol U mad we winz"
There are winners here fellows, where do you think we are?

>>48243212
>from my observations, you've spent a good deal of time trying to convince people that you aren't upset. If you really didn't care, you should probably have closed the thread by now.
One could equally argue that they've spent the same amount of time attempting to convince me they can't read, when obviously they can.
Why do they care?
I'm just an anon with an unrefuted observation.
>>
>>48223075
>"don't bother coming back next week, you aren't a good fit for the group"
What a mature individual. I like him. Okay, his game is shit. But what an awesome individual.
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>48226016
>>
>>48243237
Not even close. But feel free to keep guessing.
Pro tip: it is an open-book quiz, if you can read I've already given you the answer.
>>
>>48226054
same as a heavy petting zoo only with mage hand
>>
>>48225256
This is nothing like Edgardo. Do not sully his name.
>>
>>48243463
The name, is Allendo.
>>
File: Edgardo.png (973 KB, 1514x4546) Image search: [Google]
Edgardo.png
973 KB, 1514x4546
>>48243481
???
>>
File: TaleOfAllendo.jpg (3 MB, 1514x4416) Image search: [Google]
TaleOfAllendo.jpg
3 MB, 1514x4416
>>48243582
>>
>>48243394
Anon, you seem to be upset that you used a word wrong.
You intentionally used the word wrong, seeing as you used it in quotes, but you still used it wrong.
I know you got mad trolled by those posters, but come on, even you can see that.
>>
>>48243439
Aw, he's grumpy I broke kayfabe and pointed out he was trying to troll.
(and getting mad trolled in the process, hot damn)
>>
>>48243707
Why would I be mad I intentionally used a word wrong?
I did it intentionally.
>>
>>48243726
Nope, still wrong.
Keep guessing.
>>
>>48243763
Who knows, but you seem so dang upset people didn't let that fly.
Oh well, I guess it's all part of your grand "trolling" plan.
>>
>>48243788
>confirmed for on the nose
Haha, oh man.
>>
>>48243792
>you seem so dang upset people didn't let that fly.
Let it fly?
I rolled the ball to them and they gathered around to point out I didn't kick a field goal.
>>
>>48243809
Now you're just repeating the same wrong guess.
>>
>>48243864
Well, of course.
If you're going to try to make an argument that something is really Y, based on the definition that includes X, but you use an intentionally wrong version of X, then people are going to correct you as part of their good nature.
Can't have someone putting forth an incorrect argument, that would just be uncivil.
>>
>>48243888
Hey, if the shoe fits.
>>
>>48225256
Fellow lurker, you seem to be a tad misinformed. Allow me to fix this, such that you are never again this fucking wrong.

Let's start with Henderson
>Alright then, I'd like to start by saying that the GM was a bastard that had it coming. Bullshit tactics to make everyone go crazy like a d6 with only 5 sides. No story, no reason; lose 10 sanity.

And from the Director's Cut of OMH:
>WHM tends to get emotionally attached to a well-made character. To him they're the means of exploring a story, and a good story is something he thinks the very foundations of modern society are based on. He doesn't mind a 'bad end' so long as it's legitimate.
Botched a roll at a bad time? Shit happens. Bad choice, in character? Meant to be. Simply screwed by circumstance? Them's the shakes. 'LOL you're dead because you actually disagreed with my self-insert fetish-fuel character with two katanas!'? I actually had to stop him from choking the fat bastard.
>Which might make him sound like a bad person, ruled by petty emotion, but the truth is he's like a bear: normally quite chill. Not that easy to piss off normally. So he doesn't move often, but when he does... Things like Henderson happen.
>It was the fifth session of the game with an 'experienced' GM, using 'Trail of Cthulhu' (a small distinction on the whole, but one worth mentioning in my eyes) and he'd already lost three characters. To the STUPIDEST shit.
>Seriously, the last one some evil force put a curse on him, and he ended up being killed by a horse. Falling out of an airplane.

In this story, Waffle House Millionaire and A Self Called Nowhere played through a game that was originally fine, then in came the "self-insert fetish-fuel character with two katanas."

Henderson was born entirely out of oppression and shit GMing, none of which exists in >>48223075 this chucklefuck's story.
>>
>>48243908
Exaggerated more than wrong, but anyway the point is, I acknowledged it, then idiots tried to point out what I had already acknowledged as if I was unaware of it.
Trying to make me seem like the fool in that scenario is sadly obvious.
>>
>>48243983
You continue to act like you're unaware of it, anon.
If you were aware that an incorrect X means your Y is wrong, you wouldn't have put forth your argument in the first place.
You did, and you continued to defend it, so obviously you need some schooling.
>>
>>48243922
But it doesn't, and you seem to have given up, which is fine.
Reading is hard.
>>
>>48244008
Yeah,
>>48243726
totally called it.
>>
>>48244001
I did so because subtler trolling yields tamer responses, as you might have read above if you were capable.
Tamer responses aren't really upset, they're "upset".
I am neither btw
>>
>>48244025
Nope, I am just an anon with an unrefuted observation.
>>
>>48244055
Anon, if they're not upset, the non-quotes kind, then it's not successful trolling, tame or not.
Getting replies period does not mean a troll was a success, it just means you started a discussion.
You do seem to have calmed down since mid thread, but hoo boy you were spicy for a while there.
>>
>>48243665
I am confus.
>>
>>48244076
This is going to go on forever, so I'm just going to point out every time you respond is proving him further correct, and then let you have the last word you require as per your "trolling" doctrine.
>>
>>48244080
>Anon, if they're not upset, the non-quotes kind, then it's not successful trolling, tame or not.
I respectfully disagree.

I was never spicy, I was just pointing out illiteracy.
>>
>>48244126
Well, I guess you disagree with the definition you yourself posted of trolling, then.
And the other anons were the ones in the right on the illiteracy front here, anon. As per the "wrong according to the definition you yourself posted" thing.
>>
I really only have one THAT DM story
>Join game currently running at a store
>Trying to get some information from guards
>Didn't want to outright bribe them but know its the quickest way
>See three guards playing cards
>sit down and play with them
>Proceed to intentionally lose my ass off
>Make enough of a show that I am intentionally throwing gold at them so they get the gist
>Start throwing out the odd question at them which all get shut down
>After I drop about 50g to these guys (with them knowing I am covertly just handing them this money) and basically getting told to fuck off even with some decent persuasion checks I give up
>Female barbarian PC comes up and shakes her tits to one of them and gets the information immediately
>Get mildly pissed off
>Game goes on and it turns out NO ONE IS USEFUL BUT HER
>She finishes off every monster and takes almost no damage from any hit
>Does all the RP because if anyone else tries they fail
>Try casting a spell? It always misses or they save. ALWAYS.
>Session is over after about three hours and I get up and leave
>Hear one of the other players mumble about it being "such bullshit"
>Start talking to him and we end up forming another group that plays at my apartment
We have been playing for three years now and I am stuck at forever DM
>>
>>48244099
>This is going to go on forever
See pic related >>48243394

And my last post was providing the answer unguessed at.
>>
>>48225256
>>48243975
Now while you try and process this, allow me to give you another example; Edgardo.
> So, recap. Everyone’s a pretentious fuckwad, the mods don’t give a shit, and Edgardo is beyond worthless. Great start.
> Pick myself out of the dirt and limp away to get myself healed.
> Nope. I was broke, so I couldn’t get shit. I’d have to sit my ass down and wait to heal naturally, which would take days.

Yes, it's a weaboo setting, but that's what Edgardo apparently wanted to play, so he did. He only fought against the mods because they treated him like shit (which only happened because he wasn't a massive fuckoing edgelord and everyone hated him for it.) Again, people are treated like shit, and fights go on DESPITE the animu edgelord premise of the game.

And lastly, Feminist Diplomancer:
According to that OP, the bard had two problems:
>Firstly, her character's backstory. She was a Tiefling Trickster Bard who had been raped, repeatedly, in her backstory essentially every time she trusted everyone
>Second, and related, she hated men. All men. Regardless of alignment, species, or nature. This wasn't one of those nice, blatant hatreds that makes for some good roleplaying tension, plenty of nice in-character arguments, and a chance for people to overcome their prejudices. Oh no, this was a passive, subtle hatred. For example, is your character male? Good luck getting Majestic Word or any sort of buffs.

The woman in this game is just as much a That Guy as OP is now, inserting shit that doesn't belong in that game and forcing everyone else to deal with it.

Allow me to summarize:
>Edgardo, Henderson and Thaneborn from Diplomancer fought against either horrible GMing, bigoted players, or both.
>OP is a fag
That should cover everything.
>>
>>48244134
>Well, I guess you disagree with the definition you yourself posted of trolling, then.
>A person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments
>"Why is this allowed?"
>"You were That Guy, Anon."
Sounds like an argument to me.

>And the other anons were the ones in the right on the illiteracy front here
No. I explained my use of "upsetting" and they responded as if they couldn't understand English words: illiterate.
>>
>>48244294
See, now you're using argument in the most strained of fashions possible to try and defend your previous stance, since it was shown your use of upset made your entire argument incorrect.
I know you really, really, REALLY want OP to have been a troll, but at most he was a shitposter who started some calm discussion. Which is, ironically enough, what all discussion but what you've put forth in this thread has been.
>>
>>48244342
>calm discussion
>calm discussion arguing different points
>calm argument
Potato, potahto anon.
>>
>>48244387
And that's what I mean by stretching the definition to its absolute limit, anon.
If we're going to call literally any discussion at all an argument, like you are trying to do, then literally every OP in all of 4chan history has been a troll, as has been anyone who wants to talk about cool things.
Since that is patently ridiculous, and renders the term "troll" meaningless, we can discard that, as it is a pointless use of the word.
>>
>>48244458
Not all discussions are arguments.
Not all statements are arguments.
All statements that argue with other statements are arguments.
Not all posts that result in arguments are trolls or bait.
But OP was.
Maybe he'll find his testicles, run them together, and post a confession before the thread dies.
>>
>>48244581
Sorry anon, but your definitions pretty much reduce "troll" to a completely meaningless word. They're not practical.
>>
>>48244677
I respectfully disagree.
How would you define a troll?
>>
>>48244714
For the sake of this thread, as per the definition of troll posted, without critically-stretched or quoted defining words.
Just the words, as they are intended in primary use. Not twisted for the sake of argument.
>>
>>48244750
>>48244714
or, more accurately, here is how I define troll.
https://youtu.be/gRdfX7ut8gw?t=309
That exact moment.
>>
>>48244750
>Argument:
1. An exchange of diverging or opposite views
2. A reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

Still think this word applies to "Why is this allowed?" versus "You're That Guy, anon."
>>
>>48244842
Sorry anon, that's not to start an argument, that's to be involved in an argument.
also,
https://www.google.com/search?q=argument+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
As google definitions says, if it's in a calm manner it's not really an argument.
>>
>>48244923
>typically
>always
Now who's stretching the definition?
>>
>>48244978
Still you, for reaching for the clinical definitions in a colloquial setting.
>>
>>48244923
>Sorry anon, that's not to start an argument, that's to be involved in an argument.
Fine.

>Starting an Argument:
Starting an exchange of diverging or opposite views, sometimes with a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong
>>
>>48245016
>>48244978
and the definitions that make the word "trolling" meaningless, forgot that bit.
>>
>>48245026
anon, if the troll's involved in the argument and not just starting, then they're not doing
>>48244812
>>
>>48245016
Really?
That's your defense of flagrant conflation?
I'm disappointed in you, anon.
>>
>>48245058
Kinda supports my point that OP is a troll.
>>
>>48245030
Well, define it better or shush.
>>
>>48245060
You're just disappointed someone knows the difference between common definitions and clinical ones, and had google, the biggest information broker on the planet, backing him up.
>>48245093
Again, the only argument thus far has been the stuff you're doin'. And I'm like 95% sure you're the OP.
>>
>>48245116
You may have to read a few posts up.
>>
>>48245058
Also, that definition said nothing about participating in the argument.
>>
>>48245150
you got to scroll way, way, way up to the original definition of troll posted, which stated the troll started the argument. It didn't say they participated.
Or you could check the more recent video definition for the same point.
>>
>>48245148
Fiddler is not a definition.
>>
>>48245171
A, there've been text ones for you, and B, you have to be crazy to not agree that's the most accurate definition thus far.
>>
>>48237999
Those are trips of excellent quality
>>
>>48245170
Okay...
But this post >>48245058
Still doesn't make sense
>>
>>48245203
It totally does, anon.
Are you using the youtube timestamp function correctly?
>>
>>48245124
Nope.
I'm just an anon with an unrefuted observation.
>>
>>48245238
See OP, this is your main failing.
You're trying to troll by pulling teeth, instead of actually trolling.
>>
>>48245264
Still not OP.
And my phone battery is dying.
So long for now, you nonsensical gents!

Next time, you could at least try to refute beyond declaring definitions not definitions.
>>
Not really a "that gm" more like a "that session"
>3rd session with this party
>Pathfinder
>4 PCs 1 rouge 1 wizard 1 fighter and 1 ranger (me)
>We just defeated some goblins south of some backwoods town and have stopped in the local tavern for some food
>Tavern is run by a man and wife, now refereed to as Mr and Mrs TPK
>We're the only ones in the tavern, which is also an inn, and Mr. TPK is excited to see us.
>"Oh hello brave adventurer's! I heard news of a few men going to slay the goblins. Are you those I heard of?"
>Rouge flys off the handle saying "WE DON'T NEED TO PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU"
>Rolls intimidate - nat 20
>Mr TPK almost shits himself
>"P-Please, take whatever you want!"
>Group wasn't evil, but the rouge had some problems in social situations (home brewed autism trait for more intelligence but had -2 cha and wis)
>We try to calm down Mr. TPK, and eventually he does. However he seems wary of us.
>A few drinks in and he brings out a plate of muffins.
>"These muffins are my wives... specialty. I hope you enjoy them."
>Walks away like a fucking creep
>No one touches muffins, we're all suspicious.
>Everyone rolls perception on muffins, and wizard casts detect magic and detect poison.
>My roll for perception was nat 1, gm says they look delicious
>ohfuckno.jpg
>Having no reason to fear the muffins I take a bite
>GM has me roll con save (tells me later dc was 10)
>I roll a 7
>I fall to the ground holding my stomach dry heaving as this horrible muffin taste enters me
>Turns out wifey used wheat with mold on it, and I was having an adverse reaction to it
>Party springs too life, but I'm in too much pain to do anything over that dry heave
cont?
>>
>>48245498
yes plz
>>
>>48223075
>all campaigns involving SAVING THE WORLD no matter what we play
>told us he want to do something new and less heroic
>railroading mixed with stiff branching
>obnoxious NPCs speaking with quest lines everywhere
>one of players literally got other player's cutscene, NPC kept telling him wrong lines and put words into his mouth
>last session of campaign is THE CHOICE, with one "right" option, and few total wipe options
>pushing everyone to "right choice" by as he called it "GM's advice"
>we saved the world, congratulations!

Never again.
>>
>>48223075
OP, you're that guy.

Henderson is both
a: A terribly fake story
b: THAT GUY sort of behavior.

>>go into FLGS, see someone else looking for players
>Why is this allowed?
Because you're an asshole. You joined a game which you knew you wouldn't enjoy, and set out with the goal of derailing the game and ruining four other people's time.

I just want to reiterate one more time. You're the asshole here. You're the child. You're that guy.
>>
>>48245498
continuing with "that session"
>Party springs from their seats to try and help me
>Wizard and Rouge both do heal checks to try and find out what's happening
>Wizard passes barley and determines i'm having an adverse reaction to the muffin
>Noshit.jpg
>Wizard does nature on muffin and crit fails
>GM says, "You believe the muffin has been tainted with something, but you don't know what."
>Later GM says that it's obvious from a nature check that the coloration of the muffin is different and the smell present when made from wheat is there, but it's not exact.
>Wizard is convinced that the muffins are fine, but Mrs. TPK scrapped mold from somewhere else and put it on our muffins.
>Fighter says, "This is ridiculous, i'm going in there to give them a piece of my mind."
>Proceeds to draw blade
>Rouge follow while Wizard attends to me
>I do a local check for information about the area concerning farming and wheat
>DM tells me the swampy area is difficult to grow wheat in, so they transport wheat in from the south.
>Only road in from the south is the road we took from the goblins
>Remember seeing fields of wheat only miles from the goblins
>Piecing it together
>After a bit the fighter and rouge come back soaked in blood, and I stop heaving.
>I tell the party that I think the goblins were poisoning the wheat fields and possibly stealing it for themselves.
>Wizard says, "But I didn't detect any poison."
>Fighter says, "Maybe they pissed on it."
>Group looks at GM who's laughing his ass off
cont? Final post will have resolution
>>
>>48245825
Enjoying it so far. Also quite believable, which is a nice change.
>>
>>48245825
Last post of our adventure with "that session"
>Flip the script to the rogue and fighter
>They were in there for roughly a minute
>Fighter got in an argument with Mr. TPK about the quality of the bread (Oddly level headed BDF to not accuse them of poison, guessing he believed the wizards checks.)
>Autistic rogue ruins it by claiming Mrs. TPK try to poison us, causing her freak out
>She tried to run out the back door, but he tackled her her down
>This causes Mr. TPK to believe we ARE the bandits he assumed and goes aggro on the rouge
>You can guess from there
>Anyway, we do nature checks and find out that diseased urine is more likely to cause mold than normal urine, and a similar problem happens with other wheat crops with goblins around
>holyfuck.html
>We attempt to leave before local justice rolls up, but he comes knocking while the rouge is making the scene look like a domestic disturbance.
>We try to lie, but it's hard to make a case while half our party is covered in blood
>Sheriff justice calls in the boys in blue and we fight
>To make a long story short it was us 4 vs 10 guards and it didn't end well from there.
>The rouge went ape shit because he was wrong about the situation and decided it was best to die than handle that fact
>The fighter was taken out first, due to the size of his meat slicer, and was rushed by 4 mens
>The wizard was captured and sent to the local jail, but escaped because he's a fucking wizard. His character was used in a later campaign with an alignment shift.
>I moved to the kitchen of the tavern and held out as long as I could, but was surrounded before I could escape.
>My character was also arrested, but couldn't escape with the wizard (I forget how he got out, but I think it was a mixture of grease and hold portal after luring guards to his cell.
>I wasn't lucky enough to escape, and had my hand chopped off as punishment since I didn't kill anyone, but did harm guards.
>I hate my friends.
>>
>>48242892
Whatever you say op. You're right you did an excellent job trolling. Your mommy must be very proud.
>>
>>48245498
>Rouge
Leave and never come back please.
>>
>>48242892
> And yet many of them responded as if he honestly didn't realise he was the That Guy of the story?
> Odd way to demonstrate their knowledge of his approach to trolling, don't you think?
Not at all. The conversation might very well benefit other fucktards that might have done the same thing.

Stories are epic when someone gets bullied / victimized by a system / person and find a way to get back at it. Moving in like an asshole makes your victims potential heroes.
>>
>>48246741
Well, I guess it's the only way.
>>
>>48246890
Fair point.
>>
>>48239926
Just say all of this to your DM
>>
Apparently OP does NOT have two nuts to rub together.
>>
>>48246241
That rogue is a dick, but I guess it was in character. But autism doesn't make you full on retard mode.
>>
>>48243138
You are a "faggot"
>>
>>48223164
Somebody needs to use paint o remove bobby's nose and move his mouth up.
>>
>>48243864
That's because despite your instance that you are playing kickball we were actually playing Football.
>>
>>48223075
You were definitely THAT GUY.

You THAT GUY'ed the group so much that other people now don't want you in their games for fear you'll just ruin any game they happen to want to play.

Hopefully you will learn from this, and maybe improve your social skills. If you admit what you di was douchey, and you honestly regret ruining your reputation with other gamers, hopefully you will earn your way in with a group where you are actually a good fit, and not THAT GUY.

I mean, I wouldnt have wanted to play in that game either, but I would have just not joined to begin with.

Joining with the sole intention of ruining it for everyone else is the most THAT GUY thing I've heard of anyone doing.
>>
>>48251322
"Heh"
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.