[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm running a game of Dark Heresy, and I decided I wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I'm running a game of Dark Heresy, and I decided I wanted to have the Dark Eldar as antagonists for a campaign.

This means I have to have them show up for something more than just a singular raid, and now I'm stumped. Help?
>>
>>48220826
I had a vague idea of them, at least temporarily, taking over an Imperial Planet, but I have no idea what circumstances would required for something like that to happen.
>>
>>48220856
More slaves for the taking.
>>
>>48220826
Lead up to it. Saboteurs, collaborators, ect. Ancient literature describing raids in the past, like this is a season reaping or harvest.

For multiple raids, make it either so they survive and escape before being hunted down, or the Inquisitor knows where the next raid will be so he sends them in.

Piss them off enough and the acolytes get a target on their heads.
>>
Some up-and-coming Deldar decides that he/she won't be able to grow powerful enough in Commorragh and decides to try their luck out in realspace?

Alternatively, a Deldar with some decent psychic potential is born and they discover it. Knowing they can't use it within the Webway, they go out into realspace to experiment?
>>
>>48220856
>>48220900
>>48220954
Op here, thanks for the suggestions guys, but...

What would it take for the Deldar to be in 'open warfare', like in Dawn of War or something?
>>
>>48221266
Derp, clicked on myself by accident. I meant to click on >>48220867
>>
>>48221266
It would take a grant space raid. DE don't fight to cover ground or recover artifacts. They fight to take slaves back to their homes in comorragh.

It would take a charismatic DE leader gathering everyone to do one giant raid. Something where all the humans on the world are prime candidates for slaves and they want to quickly go in, strike at them, take as many as possible, and leave.

DE don't gather forces and meet head on on a battlefield. That's suicide for them. They are cowardly. They would rather the enemy just not see it coming and leave as fast as they came.
>>
>>48221266
You could have the Deldar be stranded . By political backstabing or a rare moment of imperial competence the way back to the Webway was destroyed/blocked. The Deldar know of another way back and are having trouble getting to it. This could be another "Portal" on a different continent, or maybe they need to take over human ships to travel to another planet. Or they need to push threw Imp. Guard lines to get where they need to.
>>
>>48221395
The idea is that Deldar never commit to open warfare so YOU as the GM need to craft a reason for them to not just raid and run any planet they want.
>>
>>48221395
>>48221408
Yeah with DE, a large open battle would mean someone fucked up bad somewhere and they are desperate. It is pretty clear that when they face pretty much anyone head on and expected, they have very little chance of success.

All the successful battles in the codexes are of them coming in unexpected, under the shadows, or with the enemy caught completely off guard. Any other time is not worth their precious lives.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.