[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General: Necromancy Edition Talk about al
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: 1464972913974.jpg (475 KB, 1200x818) Image search: [Google]
1464972913974.jpg
475 KB, 1200x818
Warhammer Fantasy General: Necromancy Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread: >>48154165

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Rescued WHFRP 2e Fan Material (Please download and post any material you find not in this collection)
https://mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A
>>
File: mchugh_zombie_finish.jpg (48 KB, 723x475) Image search: [Google]
mchugh_zombie_finish.jpg
48 KB, 723x475
>>48216414

>Yeah, fist sized chunks in the soil for too long is enough to raise whole battlefields of corpses from the dead with no involvement from a necromancer at all.

>A Wight King with a decent sized chunk implanted in his chest would probably be super strong, yeah. How strong is up to you, remember to implant chaos fuckery. He could remember his life, start to integrate the warpstone into his skeleton, start throwing around spells, whatever you want. Generally undead don't mutate.

But who's control are the undead under then?
I'd assumed it took magic/power to revive and move them around like puppets on a string.

What motivates and moves them when they're free range undead?
>>
File: 800px-Norsca.jpg (258 KB, 800x513) Image search: [Google]
800px-Norsca.jpg
258 KB, 800x513
>>48217174
I know that there was once old fluff which may be of questionable canon by this point where some Norse tribes (mostly southern ones) did not worship Chaos but worshiped their own gods (one of which is Ulric, pronounced as Olric by the Norse). Is it the same for the Hung and Kurgan people? Are there groups among them who do not worship chaos as well or are they uniform in worshiping chaos?
>>
>>48217272
Generally the further north you go the more in the grip of Chaos you are. Norscans can be alright sometimes but Kurgan and Hung are total dicks because there is no other way.
>>
File: 1466909271591.jpg (95 KB, 2000x527) Image search: [Google]
1466909271591.jpg
95 KB, 2000x527
>>48217272
While I don't think anything's ever been mentioned about them not worshiping chaos I don't see why not.

And aren't the hung and kurgan ethnic groups rather than monolithic tribes?

Because there are thousands of tribes across both Norsca and the Chaos wastes.

And it's not super old fluff either.
Though the End Times is generally considered non-canon by most WHFB players the brothers glotkin had parents that were imperial missionaries to norscan tribes and they lived there peacefully for years.

Meaning that the violent chaos warrior/marauder archetype probably doesn't ring entirely true for their society at large even if they are violent, brutish, etc... when compared to imperials.

Though everything I've ever read said the Kurgan in general were complete assholes.
>>
File: thu.jpg (40 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
thu.jpg
40 KB, 300x290
>>48217247

When basic undead like zombies and skeletons are raised by warpstone, they kind of just wander. They still very much have the instinct to kill, Dhar drives them after all.

For more 'advanced' undead, it's different. Wights retain their fighting skill because vampires and necromancers put more Dhar into them, and have to focus more to bring them back. Dead heroes with skills intact are very valuable, this extra effort is what keeps wights from being just zombies or skeletons. That's why you see the extra blue 'fire' around them, some are partially bound to their soul.

An independent wight...would probably kill himself. Undeath and sentience is horrible for most. Unless he had a good reason to stay, of course.

For further reading, I recommend the Liber Necris. Great book for WFRP undead lore, even talks about how the Nehekharans formed their undead. Like, they make it a science.
>>
>>48217671
Isn't warpstone also used to make Vargheists. Or Varghulfs. One of the two.
>>
>>48217762
Vargheists, I think. Vampires trapped in coffins, shoved into basements where warpstone laced water leaks in.

Varghulfs are what vampires become when they surrender to their bestial nature completely.
>>
Question for the fans: What piece of lore or fluff would you have wanted to see expanded upon and explored?

For my two cents, I'd have loved to find out more about Nippon and whether or not there really was a race of mer-people in the Sea of Claws.
>>
File: var.jpg (555 KB, 838x1172) Image search: [Google]
var.jpg
555 KB, 838x1172
>>48217762
Vargheists have warpstone involved in their creation, as >>48217823 noted. They don't turn into the monster voluntarily though.

Varghulfs, pic related, don't really need warpstone, they voluntarily give into the beast.
>>
>>48218129
The Crusades. I was surprised to find that there wasn't an Time of Legends book about it.
>>
>>48218242

That's when the Bretonnian's marched on Araby, yeah?

Maybe it struck a little too close to home?
>>
>>48218272
Mostly Bretonnia but some Knightly Orders and a few vengeful Tileans and Estalians. I think it'd make a good three part series. I've toyed with writing it myself but it could take me years with all the other things I have on my plate right now.
>>
>>48218129

Tomb Kings back in the day.

I suppose it adds to their mystery but damn, you hear all this shit about them and the few Tomb Kings sources are really spread out over a lot of books. Someone said they had flying ships, that they reached the Naggarond, they shared their golden age with the dwarfs golden age, all sorts of shit.

I just think its funny that like scholars in the old world can't hardly find shit on the TK, the sources for TK fluff are hard to find too.
>>
>>48218129
Estalia in general would be great to learn more about.
As is I'll have to settle for picturing them in my mind as this mix of conquistadores, the spanish inquisition and bronze age hoplites.
>>
>>48218461
I never liked attempts to graft the Spanish Inquisition into Estalia. The Myrmidian faith doesn't seem to lend itself to such.
>>
>>48218501
I agree. It feels really forced. Myrmidia is a goddess of the science of battle, the art of warfare. Not burning witches at the stake.
>>
Sorry if this is a shit question/against thread etiquette, and that's the reason I didn't get much of a response last thread, but:

>How are beastmen in 9th Age?

I saw some people talking about them in 8th Ed WHFB as "complete shit" but I still really want to play them. I'm not the Lizardmen-vs-Beastmen guy, I'm pretty sure there were actually 3 of us in the last thread asking about them, lel

I just want to play drunk fuckugly abortions of nature who haunt the forests and kill elves and steal children and shit. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>48218129
Either the crusades, which was already mentioned, or more about tilea, estalia, the border princes etc...

I understand that they kept the border princes unwritten really in order to give players the ability to go into their own fluff and kingdoms.
But at the same time I feel like it's generally under-represented and I don't even want to make a personal kingdom in a land we have no idea about.

Tilea and Estalia were fucking cool and I wish there were more miniatures made.
I would've spent hundreds on big blocks of tilean pike.

Even if they literally just reused the old dogs of war molds for Ricco's Republican Guard.

Also I wish Drachenfels didn't have such a small part in everything.
Having him as a cancerous heart of some dark land as a sort of second Sylvania would have been cool.
Never attacking the empire outright but just sitting there being an oppressive place that even chaos avoids.

He could have been a fucking army all by himself.
What with demons, orcs, humans, vampires, and other undead all under his direct command.
>>
File: 1467072376918.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1467072376918.gif
494 KB, 387x305
BIG QUESTION

Did GW ever produce a Drachenfels miniature?
They made hundreds of tiny little no-name minis back in the 80's and I feel like with him being such a big part of early lore he'd have some representation.
>>
>>48218501
>>48218520
Yeah, that makes sense I suppose. When put like that it would make more sense for mages in Estalia to be commonly accepted by the more practically-minded Myrmidian clergy.
>>
>>48218590
They'd probably be just as turned off as any other human being, as magic is unnatural , but I'm sure they would accept magic's place on the battlefield. It's like going to the field without cannon. The other guy has it and he's going to use it, so you should too.

I think it was just a "I don't know much about Spain, so I'll just throw that in" kind of moment. The Armies project needed a few more writers, and an editor. The Araby book has a few paragraphs literally copied and pasted from the wikipedia article of Saladin.
>>
File: wallpaper-1350566.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-1350566.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>48217174
So, after much consideration, I think I have a few different ideas for my second army. Here's what I've got so far:

>Warriors of Chaos
A Norscan Kingdom that has recently submitted to the gods, the King's four children each are heading towards a seperate god. When all four siblings march to war, they signify Chaos undivided.

>Orcs & Goblins
A traitor to a Night Goblins Clan turned bounty hunter. He brings along a variety of nasty traps and tricks, along with his band of exiled Night Goblins. He has mastered the art of bringing his prey back (barely) alive.

>Skaven
A Clan Eshin break away, they are led by a Assassin who possesses a repetoire of Future soothing items and retinue. Using his wonky collection of atrifacts and slaves, he has avoided death multiple times, and is obsessed with seeing the future.

>Daemons of Chaos
In a morbid mockery of the fabulous parties of the rich and powerful, these Daemons have unified under a "Ball of the Apocalypse", they waltz across the battlefield, Dancing and reveling in the terror they cause. They are led by a massive Daemon prince that had formerly been a rich noble of the Empire, who was known as a purveyor of splenderous parties.
>Empire
A lord of an estate near Nuln, he has funded many marvelous inventions in order to help secure his holdings. Lightning throwers, horseless carriages and all sorts of amazing weapons help keep back the ever increasing Beastman and Skaven attacks. But in his age, his paranoia is getting the better of him; His rule grows harsher, and guards grow in number as he believes that an Assassin is out to do him in.

I plan on ordering a lot of square bases soon, and I'd appreciate any links or advertisements for base sizes. Game wise, im also going to be focusing on a smaller, more elite army when ever possible.
>>
File: praise sigmar.jpg (157 KB, 884x652) Image search: [Google]
praise sigmar.jpg
157 KB, 884x652
>>48218914
>>A Norscan Kingdom that has recently submitted to the gods, the King's four children each are heading towards a seperate god. When all four siblings march to war, they signify Chaos undivided.

As if siblings needed more reasons to fight. Sounds pretty cool. The Daemon idea too, especially if you can use greenstuff to give him 80's metal hair.
>>
File: 750px-Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg (114 KB, 750x393) Image search: [Google]
750px-Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg
114 KB, 750x393
>>48218914
>A Norscan Kingdom that has recently submitted to the gods, the King's four children each are heading towards a seperate god. When all four siblings march to war, they signify Chaos undivided.
Get chaos warriors on horseback that signify the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
That ride out on white, red, black, and pale horses.
>>
>>48218914
Oops, forgot one:

>Dwarfs
A hold near the EIght Peaks that has come under hard times, as Skaven have begun to encircle their kingdom. Many of their holds Elders and nobility have been slain, leaving them bottom heavy and most of their leaders very young. Faced with the destruction of many of their traditions, and possibly even their history as a hold, they fight to preserve what is left. However, this does have a brightside; their lack of Elders have given arise to the employment of many new mechanisms and ideas that had been held back by their lords.
>>
>>48218242
>>48218336
The events that would lead up to the crusades started with an at the time minor Sorcerer named Jaffar who united several desert tribes. There are unconfirmed rumors of him summoning daemons. He then expands his kingdom by capturing Al-Haikk, Copher, Martek, and Lashiek, major Arabyian cities and declaring himself the Great Sultan of Araby. He also enlisted Skaven to act as spies and assassins.

After an expedition into Nehekhara to gain magic scrolls, Jaffar invades Estalia based on lies told to him of Estalia planning on attacking him. Crusaders from Bretonnia and The Empire then retaliated, wiping out his forces in Estalia and counter-attacking Araby.

Jaffar planned to let the desert sun and raids wear down the crusaders but this plan was demolished by the crusaders being joined by local Arabyans who were sick of Jaffar's tyrannical rule, either aiding the crusaders or simply deserting. Jaffar was then killed at the battle of Al-Haikk.

At this point the morality of the conflict starts to become murky, Bretonnia considered honor to be upheld and struck their conflict with Araby from the books just like how Dwarfs remove their grudges once it's fulfilled. Crusaders from outside of Bretonnia didn't leave until a century later, their goals being to hunt down what remained of Jaffar's forces and take plunder. Some old world nobles joined in the crusades long after Jaffar's death such as Arnyld, a particularly infamous crusader for the purpose of plundering riches.
>>
>>48218272
In what sense? The Crusaders invading the Levant, or Moslems invading modern day France? Either way, it's a very ignored period of WHF's lore that should've at least gotten a short story.
>>
>>48219029
By the end of the crusades, Bretonnia likely has much better relationships with Araby than the Empire, and The Empire had brought back a lot of plunder from Araby. As of the crusades, there have not been major conflicts with The Old World and Araby. However, there was still bitterness, as is said, crusaders stayed long after removing Jaffar who attacked first and also inflicted their own cruelties on Araby. There hasn't been any major conflicts with the Old World and Araby since. The only conflicts of note are Sultan Daryus-e Quabir trying to launch a Jihad against the old world but not even reaching it, getting defeated at the Badlands and Abdul Al-Shar carving out his own kingdom in the Border Princes.
>>
File: 1467110377007.jpg (424 KB, 1093x1500) Image search: [Google]
1467110377007.jpg
424 KB, 1093x1500
>>48218914
>Lightning throwers, horseless carriages
So you're going to use WW2 tanks and halftrack historical models and use the stats of steam tanks or war altars?
>>
File: Aldjfdfhbs.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Aldjfdfhbs.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
>>48219029
Huh. So who wants to make A army based around Aladdin now?
>>
File: 1410927448523.png (107 KB, 1700x800) Image search: [Google]
1410927448523.png
107 KB, 1700x800
>>48219029
Oh I'm well versed in the Crusades, I just mean I think it would have been a really good series to read. I'm rereading the Black Plague because I had a lot of fun reading it the first time around, dem characters man.

>>Bretonnia considered honor to be upheld and struck their conflict with Araby from the books just like how Dwarfs remove their grudges once it's fulfilled.

In the book I'll probably never complete, that was something I wanted to address. After their victory, an Inner Circle knight tries to shame a Bretonnian lord for leaving when there are still slaves out there to be rescued. The lord gets in his face and counts off all the things Bretonnia did, stating that the war wouldn't have started if it weren't for their lances, let alone won. He counters that the Imperial knights are the ones who feel guilty as their contributions paled in comparison and they have to make up for it by staying in the desert longer. They did their job and now they're going home.
>>
>>48218955
As for the Norscan Kingdom, I already have the basics of the four siblings set up. Here's their names, so try to figure out which gods they are falling to: Lord Tyran, Sir Rhurdug the pure, Crown Prince Torvald, and Lady Sivessa. Their father is old and frail, yet is the only person capable of gathering them all under one purpose.
>>48218981
My only problem with that is the key word "Recent". They have only just begun to feel the boons of Chaos, but at their current rate, I could see them as a sort of Four Horsemen as a end game goal. Something to aspire to.

>>48219084
I was thinking a little bit more steampunk/Turn of the century than WW2 tech. Think stuff like Dishonored or WW1 rather than WW2
>>
>>48219090
In my case, if I ever made an Araby army, I would set it in the crusade era as a force of locals in rebellion aided by crusaders, the crusaders would count as Mamelukes.
>>
>>48219179
>>Lord Tyran
Tzeentch.
>>Sir Rhurdug the Pure
Slaanesh.
>>Crown Prince Torvald
Nurgle.
>>Lady Sivessa
Khorne.
>>
File: 1466385491659.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466385491659.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>48219220
Anon, I...

Really cant believe you got them all wrong.
>>
>>48219267
:(

So what are their patrons?
>>
>>48219179
>Slaanesh
Lord Tyran
>Nurgle
Sir Rhurdug the Pure
>Tzeentch
Lady Sivessa
>Slaanesh
Crown Prince Torvald
>>
>>48219329
>Khorne
Crown Prince Torvald

Sorry, my mistake.
>>
>>48219110
I don't know enough details (and I don't think the written fluff contains enough details) to know if Bretonnia contributed more to the war than The Empire did. I guess I had the idealistic view that Bretonnia was willing to bury the hatchet after killing off the big bad.
>>
>>48219303
This guy:>>48219329 is on spot, execpt for two of them getting mixed up:

Lord Tyran Is influenced by khorne, and is twins with Sivessa

Rhurdug is in despair from allowing the gods to overcome their kingdoms old religion, and is held under Nurgles sway. He is also the most powerful bearuacrat in the kingdom.

Sivessa was hidden away in the catacombs and Archives that make up the ramshackle home of the kingdoms Scholars. Only Tyran knew of her till now, and was the only one to visit her. She is being led on by Tzneetch.

Torvald is the best known, most well loved by the people, and the first of the siblings to wed, earning him title of Crown Prince. He is the youngest, and holds the greatest revels. As you can tell Slaanesh. And his wife may or may not be a Daemonette.
>>
What would you say is the lowest point level WHFB can be adequately played at? Is 1k the lower limit, or can we go lower?
>>
>>48219384
The Empire was in the grip of on-again, off-again civil war. Only the Knightly Orders pledged their lances, though I'm sure a few State Troops went along for the ride but only as a token gesture by their Electors.

Bretonnia, on the other hand, fell hard on Araby and threw an entire generation at it. You see, the Errantry War isn't just a fancy name. It's the fastest way the King can summon an army as it's literally sixteen year olds throwing on their armour, grabbing their swords and riding their horses as fast as they can to the meeting place before they all make a beeline to the target. Then the rest of the more experienced knights follow. Baron Tybalt led an army overland through the area that would become the Border Princes, so I can only assume that was because it was too large to transport by ship.

So yeah, they contributed more than the Empire by a huge margin.

>>48219453
500 points. Of course you could always play skirmish.
>>
File: 1468054038508.png (128 KB, 830x660) Image search: [Google]
1468054038508.png
128 KB, 830x660
How come Fantasy never had an almost bukkake scene?
>>
>>48219447
Oh, and here's the mini's I plan to base them off of:
Tyran will be a Exalted Hero of Chaos
Sivessa will be a MistWeaver from that new WHQ gane
Rhurdug will be a Plague Champion from Kings of War

My only problem is that I cant find a mini I like for Torvald. I want something Youthful, yet energetic.
>>
>>48218914
Well, most infantry is on 20x20mm bases
Stuff like orcs, dryads and chaos warriors are on 25x25mm bases
Cavalry is 25x50mm
Lets see what else.. stuff like ogres, rat ogres and trolls are on 40x40mm bases
Chariots are either 50x75 or 50x100mm
>>
>>48219600
>thick thighs ariel bukkake
10/10 would pay money to see
>>
Does anyone have a collection of the information available about The Dark Beneath the World?
>>
>>48220105
What are you, gay?

nah jk I want to impregnate Alarielle too
>>
File: 646px-Lichemaster_Blanche.jpg (147 KB, 646x898) Image search: [Google]
646px-Lichemaster_Blanche.jpg
147 KB, 646x898
>>
File: 1465152658285.jpg (123 KB, 854x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465152658285.jpg
123 KB, 854x1200
>tfw have been making the warhammer fantasy threads and bumping them for the past month

>tfw this Friday leave for month long training and won't be able to even use my phone

>tfw afraid that the general will die and I'll come back to no warhammer fantasy lore friends

Reading warhammer fantasy novels and discussing lore with you guys has literally become my main hobby.
>>
File: 1467252831798.jpg (172 KB, 620x934) Image search: [Google]
1467252831798.jpg
172 KB, 620x934
>>48221323
>>general will die
Since when? I'm also a lorefag and I refuse to let it die and let the slav shit up everything.
>>
File: 1466008209796.jpg (215 KB, 709x636) Image search: [Google]
1466008209796.jpg
215 KB, 709x636
>>48221392
I'm just worried because I've seen it the board go almost 24 hours without the thread being around.
And when the times between threads get longer and longer it starts getting a big scary.
>>
File: 300px-Badass_Settra.png (297 KB, 300x457) Image search: [Google]
300px-Badass_Settra.png
297 KB, 300x457
>>48221445
The fact that it's still here should say something.

GENERAL DOES NOT SERVE
IT RULES
>>
>>48217174
What do you guys think of "through the drakwald"? I played it and found it kind of weak, I mean, it was fun but not "that" interesting for an introduction to WFRP 2e.

I'm gonna initiate my players to WFRP 2e and I'm looking for a good, interesting module to start them off.

Do you have any module recommendation for first-time players to the system?
>>
File: 1466631468616.jpg (33 KB, 470x698) Image search: [Google]
1466631468616.jpg
33 KB, 470x698
>>48221555
Never played it, can you give us a rundown?
>>
File: 1449173750434.png (82 KB, 750x835) Image search: [Google]
1449173750434.png
82 KB, 750x835
>>"Sweet dancing Sigmar!" said Seneschal Helgart, taking his helmet off his head and holding it against his breastplate.
>>"Don't blaspheme!" replied Father Kruger.
>>Helgart nodded and made a small bow but could not take his eyes off the sight before him. These knights of the Grail, as they called them, were like rage and destruction, power and divinity. Everywhere the knights rode their enemies fell before them. Had Helgart not sworn an oath to see the Arabyans destruction he would have pitied them.
>>His attention turned to the lead knight's lance which tore through a mameluke's riverbeast shield. Only within the Inner Circle did he see in the best of times such precision. His fellows might have mocked their neighbours for their lack of discipline, their decorum and their dress. Helgart saw much more in these fleeting moments.
>>They were angels of a wrathful woman. The Bretonnians called her Ladrielle, their Lady of the Lake.
>>Helgart called her a woman scorned.

>>48221555
I wouldn't recommend any pre-generated adventure save for stealing ideas. Campaigns are always better when YOU write them. You take your players and their tastes into account. Even if you can't predict their behavior, which I admit is nearly impossible at times, it still adds a personal touch that no pre-gen can match.
>>
>>48220144

The entry for the Shard Dragon in Monstrous Arcanum makes mention of it attacking white-bloated fungoid slugs that swim in underground seas.
>>
>>48221583
I've no problem doing that in, let's say, pathfinder, because I come up with my own setting and I'm really confortable with the system, known it (well, dnd 3.5) for years.

Thing is, I'm relatively new at WFRP, and I freaking love it, so I want to change the usual pathfinder games into WFRP. But I'm not as confortable with the lore and to some degree the system. So I feel a module could make things more interesting for my players, since it'll have more details about the warhammer universe than what I could come up on my own (still reading through all the PDFs).

>>48221574
Basicly, Untergard, a middenland village, has been attacked by a horde of beastmen/chaos during the storm of chaos, but they managed to survive and hold off the invaders in an epic battle over the village's bridge.

Then, a couple weeks later, while they're celebrating, a beastmen scouting party comes in a crash the party. You then learn there's a horde of over 200 beastmen coming this way.

The adventure assumes you wanna help the villagers, and not save your skin, so the next step is abandoning the village and leading the villagers to Middenheim. So it's basicly an escort quest.

There's a couple encounter, and plotwists; also a subplot with a magic user that performs an evil ritual. I don't wanna say too much.

It's not bad, but I always found escort quests to be somewhat boring.
>>
>>48221660
Sounds boring, it's relatively hard to RP travel.
Especially without handwaving it and breaking immersion.
>>
File: 1459125759597.jpg (61 KB, 789x828) Image search: [Google]
1459125759597.jpg
61 KB, 789x828
>>48221660
Well that's what you got us for, my nigga. I honestly can't recommend any pre-gen as I've never run one, but so long as it's simple then you can't go wrong. My first ever campaign took place in Rottfurt where the PC's had to expose a cult of Nurgle, but also found out about a warpstone mine that a Necrarch vampire was behind.

It didn't go the way I wanted it, but them's the breaks. For some reason my players ignored the homeless man with a giant scar across his face and the Witch Hunter, who had the same scar on his face, but the end result was still the same. Except the Witch Hunter burned at the stake.

In short, come up with an outline and throw it in this thread. Unless the slav is ruining everything then you should get a decent amount of feedback.
>>
>>48217174
Just saying, but I think you should add this link to the header in every new thread.

This map is just incredible.

http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow-full.html
>>
>>48221729
I want a scaled globe like this.
>>
>>48221728
Thanks, I'll think of something and I'll do that. Still got about 3 weeks to prepare it, so it's plenty.
>>
>>48221583
More of this fluff please

I like to think that during this first crusade, the Fury of the Knights supercharged their blessing and made them even more terrifying than normal, especially the Grail Knights. Also like to think it made them capable of feats they normally wouldn't be able to achieve like directly attacking cities, somehow. I think the first time they attacked Arabywas at Copher, and the fluff mentions them pulling down towers. The Arabians were ready to fight off an army of Knights, but weren't expecting what came off the ships that day.
>>48219497
At least one elector count was sick of the civil war and took a portion of his army into the crusades, according to the daemon rulebook.
>>
File: getfile.jpg (123 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
getfile.jpg
123 KB, 600x450
>>48221660
Once you've become acquainted with the setting it's one of the most satisfying to make your own.

I did one recently off the top of my head and my players were in love,
>traveling to the inn of one of the player's parent's
>it's in sylvania
>end up riding through a depopulated village
>meet a group at the inn that have been paid to map a "haunted" (abandoned) castle
>hire on
>village outside the castle is seemingly abandoned
>they try to raid the houses
>houses full of ghouls that attack them but won't go into the sunlight
>they move on to the castle
>one player and a DMPC go to second level to map
>one player and a DMPC go to the basement to map and come upon a split path, they split up
>when they meet back up the DMPC is pale as death and semi-silent
>player 2 comes back down to help and leaves the other DMPC upstairs
>when they all head upstairs the other DMPC is silent and pale as well
>they all hear dancing ball music from above them
>they go into the final level and find hundreds of fancy people dancing and feasting
>the DMPCs start dancing and feasting from the tables as well
>they accidentally run into one of the musicians and the music stops
>when the music stops they see that what they originally thought were nobles are emaciated ghouls wearing tattered finery
>the tables are piled high with dead peasants
>the DMPC friends they've been with for 3 hours now are feasting on bodies
>the music resumes
>everything goes back to being fancy
>they leave the castle
>as they leave they notice the sun is going down and ghouls are streaming from the peasant hovels around the castle
>they have to race the setting sun back to the original inn

Very little actual fighting and confrontation but it was one of the best RPs I've ever run.

I also found it super handy to start counting down from 5 in very tense situations to add a level of artificial stress to their actions.
>>
File: 1467483231864.png (376 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1467483231864.png
376 KB, 900x702
>>48221748
>>48221729
How much do custom globes cost?
Because I'd buy one of these.
>>
File: 1457259532574.jpg (28 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1457259532574.jpg
28 KB, 500x358
>>48221749
>>3 weeks
Bitch you better get used to much less than that. Some weeks I wake up after a night of drinking, my friends calling me four or five times to wake up, and ride the edge of my seat like a motherfucker. I feel like I work best under pressure, but roll20 makes it hard to improvise. How are you doing your game?

>>48221758
I made it up, but I can always make more.
Protip: Overwhelming anger is my favourite emotion.
>>
>>48221762
shiiiiit son, that's a nice adventure. might steal it.
>>
>>48221791
I remeber your other fluff on the crusade, anon, from a few months back. Very much enjoyed it
>>
>>48221801
Dude definitely.

And again with the counting down thing, having them ride torn up horses with the cannibalistic peasants at their heels while having them make 2-3 very quick decisions really adds to the thrill.
>>
>>48221816
I don't remember posting it, I was probably drunk when I did. A royal funeral, right?
>>
>>48221817
I used to have pic related, it really does add stress and helps with immersion.

Sadly I lost it, so I usually use a cellphone timer, or a countdown like you do. It's a really good trick.
>>
>>48221817
>>48221801
I also had them retrieve a book that when examined,
> "It seems almost as if the binding is twisting as if it's alive, when you attempt to look directly at the book your eyes naturally seem to jump over it"
Insinuating the entire thing was due to chaos taint, which you could use to spread on to a further campaign.

And the horses they'd left outside had been sapped and were very weak from the oppressiveness of the castle.

Any little bit to make it creepier or add to the suspense is big; they maybe did one round of combat the entire RP (when they tried to go into the shacks during the day).
>>
>>48221791
Lately I've just been improvising, no notes, just a general idea of major plot points.

Was a time where I'd do miniatures of the dungeon though. For one specific module. It was cheap stuff, but it was better than a drawing. Really made for an interesting game, so sometimes preparation pays off.

Not saying I'm gonna go that far for that one, but I at least want some degree of preparation/quality.
>>
>>48221828
Maybe a different anon, but I remeber someone was posting about a novel they will never write. One was about Jaffars right hand man who didn't really believe in the cause, and the Skaven considered assassinating him
>>
>>48221816
1/2
>>"There are hundreds, no, thousands of slaves out there! Do you speak the words of your vows or do you actually mean-" Grand Master Leitvelt's words were interrupted by a mailed fist to his nose.The bone and cartilage crumpled beneath its onslaught.
>>"Don't you dare, don't you goddamn dare!" roared Lord Aladine. He stood over the now prone Imperial, his fists balled and his arms shaking with rage. "Don't you DARE look at me and speak such words. Where was your Empire when Estalia pleaded for aid? Did your Emperor send his warriors to aid his neighbour?"
>>Leitvelt god back on his feet, though he staggered for a moment, his hand held against his broken nose. Were this any other man his hand would have been on the handle of his sword, but he waited. He knew this was a long time coming.
>>"No! Your Empire is dying and dying, and yet you seek to cast your guilt on us? The arrogance!" The Bretonnian had his arms stretched out wide, looking at the vast expanse of the desert before him. "WE were here first. WE led the fight. WE liberated the Estalians and broke the Sultans armies. You were a token gesture. A party favour."

>>48221992
Okay, that was probably me. I remember a plotline like that.
>>
>>48218524

Beastmen are top tier in 9th age. But that isn't saying too much because everyone else isn't far behind. Just an entire army of hard hitting ambushers/vanguards is difficult to deal with.
>>
>>48221816
2/2
>>Aladine pat on the ground. "If there is guilt to be felt, it is yours. Pay for your own sins, we have paid for ours in our sons lives."
>>Aladine turned, his crimson cloak billowing in the hot wind. Leitvelt stood where he was, his pride injured. But his pride didn't matter. His body didn't matter. What mattered was that there were still Estalians, Tileans and Crusaders who were still bound to the lash of their slave masters.
>>But, more importantly, he burned because the Bretonnian was right. Despite his nation being older by nearly a millennia, having military and academic institutions, the feudal lord was right. The Empire joined the war as a gesture and nothing more. Its knightly orders would be reborn in the burning sands, their sins purged of arrogance and pride. They would be forgiven for their people's transgressions. Leitvelt hoped he could only forgive himself.

>>48221917
Improvising is good. Keep it up.
I used to use models for my game before everyone moved to different parts of the country. I still paint, in the hopes that we'll be close enough again. I feel they make the game a lot better.
>>
>>48222012
>>got back on his feet
>>corrupt and dying
Oops.
>>
>>48221323
>>48221392

Our love for Warhammer can never die.
>>
File: 1466821185226.jpg (214 KB, 630x866) Image search: [Google]
1466821185226.jpg
214 KB, 630x866
>tfw nobody ever wants to do a warhammer fantasy discussion skype group
>>
File: 1467258199945.gif (4 MB, 406x339) Image search: [Google]
1467258199945.gif
4 MB, 406x339
>GM for a group of friends
>they fuck up at every possibility and fail to follow simple clues
>tfw i have to spend a majority of our sessions improvising what happens next because of this
>tfw a complete trainwreck is painstakingly avoided every session
>>
>>48222193
Stories?
>>
>>48221648

I've wanted to make a new Dwarf army based on the idea of a clan of Underwater Miners who accidentally break into the Dark Beneath the World, but I can't find enough material on it to make it worthwhile without it coming across as just headcanon and magical realm.
>>
>>48222336
>Dark Beneath the World
????
>>
>>48222336
i was about to tell you to flip through the monstrous arcanum for entries on beasties of the deep but the other anon beat me to it
>>
>>48222200
>checked

anyhow, im not very good at story telling so i dont think it would be very interesting

A lot of it has to do with being lackeys to a witch hunter in [x]burg and blowing their cover at the worst possible times
The world "subtle" is lost on them
>>
>>48222419

There's about two references to it that don't go very deep.

>>48222418

There's a few oblique references that suggest that the interior of the Warhammer World might actually be hollow, or at least have a massive Underdark-esque setting deeper than the Skaven, Night Goblins or Dwarfs have dug.

The secret route the Dark Elves take to raid the Old World and bypass the High Elves is heavily implied to be part of it.
>>
>>48208381
>>48216414

Cheers, going to have him remember his life and shout taunts in Classical at the PC's as he raises zombies against them. I'll give them all a strong green glow in their eyes and crevices to make it apparent.

Lets hope the PC's don't fuck up this encounter with unpredictable bullshit like they usually do.
>>
>>48222336

As far as I'm aware, the Monstrous Arcanum is seemingly the only thing that has even hinted that something exists below the ground besides Dwarfs, Skaven, and maybe Goblins. Probably because the book is all about monsters.
>>
>>48222450
Story teller as in making a post about it on here
im fine as a gm im told
>>
>>48222454
>the Monstrous Arcanum is seemingly the only thing that has even hinted that something exists below the ground besides Dwarfs, Skaven, and maybe Goblins

Yeah, that's about the sum of it. One or two of the Gotrek books reference there being stuff deeper than even the Dwarf Holds go - and one of Nathan Long's Gotrek novels has something from the Dark take over a hold.

Surprisingly/depressingly the best material I can find to give me something to build on is actually the EoT/AoS stuff where they start talking about what lies at the heart of the Warhammer World.
>>
>>48222479

I'm not sure AoS even goes into it much other than the core of the world still existing, it having a magical nature to it, and weapons being made of it.
>>
>>48222418
AFAIK it'some sort of giant underground ocean.
Where a lot of monstrosities and cthulhu-esqe creatures live
>>
>>48222479
>where they start talking about what lies at the heart of the Warhammer World.
A globe of magical metal?

I wonder if the globe was magical before the apocalypse and if it actually was the reason the old ones chose the place, maybe it's linked with the possibility of the geomantic grid
>>
>>48222508

I could imagine it being magical in some way, as you said the geomantic grid was a thing.
>>
File: Sigmarines in vidya.jpg (768 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sigmarines in vidya.jpg
768 KB, 1920x1080
have you good gentlemen praised sigmar today?
>>
File: tumblr_nilpc4iAw71reeeq1o3_1280.jpg (257 KB, 1274x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nilpc4iAw71reeeq1o3_1280.jpg
257 KB, 1274x1920
>>48222542
Only in the good old fashioned way.
>>
>>48222497
>'m not sure AoS even goes into it much other than the core of the world still existing, it having a magical nature to it, and weapons being made of it.

That's the sum of it, but it's a start. And it gives my dwarfs a reason to try and mine for the center of the planet.
>>
>>48222479
The dark elf books hint at a lost civilization in there which may or may not be the fishmen. I'm betting that some of the monsters and civilizations from the time of the old ones escaped the lizardmen armies and hid deep underground. There's also the elder dragons who sleep under the sea so that probably qualifiesbas the underdark as well
>>48222542 what mod is this? I actually like AoS and fantasy equally, would love to use these in custom
>>
>>48222578

I could see stuff moving underground from when the Old Ones moved the Warhammer world closer to the sun.
>>
>>48221555
Terror in Talabheim is my favorite campaign for WFRP 2e. None of that detective work nonsense (at least not when the story really gets going)
>>
>>48222550
Myrmidia > Sigmar desu
>>48222578
radious I think. He literally used AoS units in the dorf roster before someone told him that it would get his stuff removed.
>>
File: lizardmen in azyr.jpg (117 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
lizardmen in azyr.jpg
117 KB, 1024x512
>>48222596
>frogs fought eldritch abominations by turning up the thermostat
Kek
>>
>>48222717

Kind of makes sense that some lifeforms would have only existed because of the current temperatures and conditions and couldn't adapt.
>>
>>48222696
I would like a proper AoS mod though, even if just for custom battle. Stormcasts are just reskinned chaos warriors and bretonnian units
>>
>>48222737
Just gonna stop you there. Don't post bait, everyone knows they're Space Marines.
>>
How much could someone reasonably get for selling a fist-sized chunk of warpstone?
>>
>>48222775

Which were created to try and capture the popularity of Chaos Warriors.
>>
>>48222737
That'd require so much work you would better be waiting for a proper aos game at that point
>>
>>48222801
Nope. Gav Thorpe himself said that he and other devs had been under pressure to create something like Space Marines in Fantasy for a long time. Bulky armour is the only real thing that's shared between Warriors and Sigmarines.

Sigmarines deep strike into battle. Most Warriors take the long way either on foot or by boat.

Sigmarines can't truly die and are brought back after being defeated. Only a few Warriros have been brought back from the dead as it's easier and more efficient to just wait a few years for a new generation to crop up.
>>
>>48222801
Pls don't
>>
>>48222823
And there goes the thread

Post elves
>>
File: Alith Anar.jpg (20 KB, 322x480) Image search: [Google]
Alith Anar.jpg
20 KB, 322x480
>>48222857
>>
>>48222780
A lot of warp tokens, yes-yes.
>>
File: rat-catcher.jpg (570 KB, 1247x1844) Image search: [Google]
rat-catcher.jpg
570 KB, 1247x1844
>>48222867
In Imperial Crowns Skaven fucking shit.
>>
>>48222823

It's funny you bring up Thorpe and then don't acknowledge his own words where he says that Space Marines were partly created to attempt and capture the appeal of Chaos Warriors

>I was… surprised. Surprised by how bold GW had been in shaking things up. I was also not surprised in some respects. For example, the Stormcast Eternals. Even when I had been working in the Design Studio the idea of being able to translate the appeal of Space Marines into the fantasy setting had been something of an ambition, if not a specific objective. (Ironic considering Space Marines were partly created to capture some of the appeal that Chaos Warriors had in Warhammer Fantasy Battles at that time!)

I also don't see anything about pressure there.

>Bulky armour is the only real thing that's shared between Warriors and Sigmarines.

And the fact that they're stronger than normal humans because they've been empowered by their respective god(s).

>Sigmarines can't truly die and are brought back after being defeated.

Except they can permanently die.

Honestly not even sure why you brought that up when Space Marines don't come back either, unless you count a worthy Marine managing to cling on to life long enough to be interred within a Dreadnought.
>>
File: 1458660513717.jpg (1 MB, 625x4109) Image search: [Google]
1458660513717.jpg
1 MB, 625x4109
>>48222857
>>
>>48222889
Business pressure. Don't be thicker than normal.

Sigmarines have no place in this thread. There is an Age of Sigmar general somewhere on /tg/, I suggest you go there.

>>48222875
A lot. I wouldn't say any particular number but easily in the hundreds. But if it were an NPC in my campaigns I'd try to lowball you first. A fist sized chunk could easily go over a thousand crowns.
>>
If you guys want to talk about Stormcast eternals please go to the Age of Sigmar General. The hate for them is virtually nonexistent at this point there
>>
File: 92.jpg (667 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
667 KB, 827x1169
>>48222857
>>
>>48222951
>>
File: 1380817867832.jpg (142 KB, 740x1110) Image search: [Google]
1380817867832.jpg
142 KB, 740x1110
>>48222960
>>
File: 1413697645256.jpg (76 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
1413697645256.jpg
76 KB, 599x900
>>48222965
>>
File: 1401896259861.jpg (143 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1401896259861.jpg
143 KB, 900x900
>>48222978
>>
File: yulin-li-morathi.jpg (969 KB, 1469x1000) Image search: [Google]
yulin-li-morathi.jpg
969 KB, 1469x1000
>>48223003
What does Morathi smells like?
>>
File: Malekith.jpg (66 KB, 1024x478) Image search: [Google]
Malekith.jpg
66 KB, 1024x478
>>48223017
Incest.
>>
>>48222801
By that logic I'd be as close if not closer to my more distant ancestor than my closest one.
Shit doesn't work that way.
>>
>>48222911
I'm going to lowball the fuck out of them then. The buyer is a Stephen Fry's Lake Master-like character, and money wasn't the primary motivation of the warpstone.

Having him just reach into a bag of money and throw a few indeterminate handfuls of Crowns at them should work, maybe 20-30 gc each.
>>
>>48222857
>>
File: scared.png (255 KB, 488x474) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
255 KB, 488x474
>>48223017
She smells all things wrong and foul with the world, but with a covering of roses.
>>
>>48222889
>>48222823
Never understood why there was so much butthurt on both sides of the "they're fantasy space marines vs they're totally not space marines" debate.its pretty clear that the stormcasts are a fantasy analogue to space marines. So what? Pretty much everything in 40k except tyranids and tau were just what fantasy had but in space. Sure there were years and a few editions for more unique identiy from each other(particularly the eldar and elves) but the point still stands. GW Making analogue races between THEIR OWN SETTINGS is nothing new. Stormcasts eternals are space marines in the same way Orcs are Orks, elves are Eldar, and chaos daemons are literally the exact same chaos daemons.
>>
>>48223034
How does Malekith even fuck Morathi in that armor? I thoughy he's fully encased in it darth vader style. That, and even if he takes it off he's all scarred and crispy
>>
>>48223247
Probably the same way he uses the washroom. A hatch and a lot of excruciating pain. He can take off his helmet as there was a short story where he did that, making Morathi feel sorry and angry about his condition.
>>
>>48223121
>So what?
They fail at the translation because they end up repetitive and overdesigned while bringing all the downsides of having space marines taking the spotlight of a setting on top of representing the epitome of late-Kirby's studio at GW: Taken over by businessmen and suits disconnected with the creative process.

Go look at blanche's drawings as he tried to save the concept, and count how many details were changed or removed making the models more in line with the idea of fast paced CAD sculpting or to make them even more similar to marines.
>>
>>48218590
>>48218795
I agree with the first guy: I feel like magic would be more accepted in Estalia, because it's probably SAFER too. Remember, Estalia is farther from the poles, which tends to make for weaker but more stable magic.

I could see the Myrmidians having a secret order to hunt down rogue warlocks who dabble in the Ruinous Powers.
>>
Is there any adventure to be had in Lustria beyond "Kill lizards get money?" I know that the Lizardmen pretty much hate any interlopers in their lands but my group are the sort of bleeding hearts that would want to make nice with them. I know that the Lizardmen did treat with the elves at least a few times, would they be receptive to a ragtag group of weirdos (mostly dorfs) looking to do good and adventure some? Or would it be right to the poison blowdarts and snakes?
>>
>>48224369
I'm sure there's plenty to be had. The PC's could be contacted by a skink and sent into areas where a group of Saurus would either fail or just alert all their enemies, and skinks are too weak for the task.

For example; go into an old temple/laboratory and expel the druchii rooting around in there. Recover an artifact from their sorceress and if possible, take her prisoner and bring her back to the skink alive.
>>
>>48224369
Pirazzos Lost Legion got hired by lizards in the middle of the jungle to go fight the undead on the vampire coast, so lizards refrain from killing every rare once and a while.

It's hard to do Lustria without the lizardmen, because they roam the whole damn continent. You could have the party stumble onto a cave like the ones they have in Naggarond, where great seas exist under the world. Old lizardmen ships nearby could be the start of an under-adventure, remember, the caves in lustria have more holes, so a whole underground ocean lit by what feeble sunlight trickles in would be a cool image. Ancient cities from unknown civilizations could also be included at any point.
>>
>>48224369
Have em start a coffee/tobacco /chocolate plantation. You can have quests to clear jungles of hostile megafauna so you can farm safely, and negotiate/trade with lizardmen for the land and maybe even excess seasonal skink laborers.

Why loot when you can create wealth?
>>
>>48221555
The sequel adventures are pretty good, although it makes the death of any character that survives the Middenheim chapter extra harsh because the mark of unity won't transfer.

>>48222454
The first Thanquol book mentions an ocean below the skaven tunnels.
>>48222479
That was more of something roughly an insect equivalent to Dragon Ogres buried under the dwarfhold.
>>
So, can people confirm something for me?

To get even petty divine magic you need 1100 XP to finish the Initiate tree, and then 100 to start Priest, and then 100 for Mag1, 100 for Arcane Language, 100 for channelling and 100 for the Petty Magic (Divine) talent right?

And none of the channeling, Mag1, arcane Language, or Petty Magic skills/talents has any utility until you have ALL of them together? (Well, maybe arcane language has some use) and then mage sight takes another 100.
>>
>>48223121
>Never understood why there was so much butthurt on both sides of the
Because they destroyed an amazing setting that had been around as long as most players.

Literally everything they do makes people butthurt at this point.

It's like when one of your old friends slowly gets more annoying to the point that even them doing normal things like breathing pisses you off.
>>
>>48225195
It was only after the old world was totally ded that i stumbled upon the WFRP games and realized just what an amazing setting they nuked to make their spesshereen expys. Like why not just find a place in the Old World for your silly armor angels?
>>
File: They shall know fear.png (63 KB, 850x320) Image search: [Google]
They shall know fear.png
63 KB, 850x320
>>48217174
I have a quick question. Is Dwarf Fortress undead just as bad as WHFB undead?
>>
>>48224894
Correct. This ain't D&D.
>>
File: Skink-Grafik.jpg (9 KB, 200x229) Image search: [Google]
Skink-Grafik.jpg
9 KB, 200x229
>>48224369
there're plenty of examples of paceful interactions between lizards and other races in their oldest armybook (5th ed); as long as the invaders don't plan to touch their shit they usually get ignored.
you have to remember that the lizardmen don't want to trade most of the time, they don't care about gold as a resource for example (and don't understand why the other races value it so much considering they don't use it properly), reasons for interactions may be a slann willing to ask certain questions (it looks like some of them either don't know how shit is going around in the world or want to see how the races advanced their perceptions, for example asking about means of reproduction, distance of continents or the appearance of signs of sotek), if not for informations they can ask for help, we have examples of lizardmen asking humans to use their ships to catch dark elf pirates or arabians and lizards cohordinating an attack into a nehekarian tomb to retrieve stuff (riches for humans, a slann's bone for the lizards).
on top of that any extravagant plot may be a part of the great design a slann wants to see happening and you could have your dorfs marked as blessed by the old ones and escorted, perhaps with curious skinks asking questions along the way considering the slann barely care enough to explain shit to them.
>>
File: 1466911548305.jpg (38 KB, 426x960) Image search: [Google]
1466911548305.jpg
38 KB, 426x960
>>48225261
Because Tom Kirby.

For some godforsaken reason they left a half-human clone of what aliens created in the image of a horrible retail manager in charge of everything for like 10 years.

>Didn't understand the playerbase
>Didn't understand the lore
>Didn't understand how the game was actually played
>Wanted "bigger and better things"
>went on expensive vacations and was never in the office on the company dime
>sued companies for selling bits on their websites
>sued companies for selling models that slightly resembled models they had never even made but had made rules for
>sued companies for making pauldron bits
>lost every lawsuit
>shut down community forums and avenues of feedback from players
>etc...

His last move as boss was to nuke WHFB for his pet project he dreamed up himself, AoS, and then vacated the position and left an actual human in charge.

The new guy is alright but he's managing a shitshow with x-wing overtaking 40k and AoS selling like cowpatties.

It's the equivalent of a ship captain running into an iceburg and making his first mate the new captain once the ship starts sinking and then jumping onto a lifeboat while yelling "the captain always goes down with his ship".
>>
>>48224014
nobody expects the estalian questioners
>>
>>48222136
Because every single skype/discord group eventually turns into an attentionwhore circlejerk
>>
>>48218501
>>48218520
The Brunner Books gave Tilea a particularly nasty Solkanite inquisition. (in Remas of all places, one of the two Myrmidian birthplace cities) That could fit into Estalia too.

Though that would require treating good ol Solkan and the gods of Order as canon.
>>
File: rf 23.jpg (180 KB, 640x585) Image search: [Google]
rf 23.jpg
180 KB, 640x585
>>48225767
>Though that would require treating good ol Solkan and the gods of Order as canon.
>>
File: 1445857156879.png (12 KB, 382x262) Image search: [Google]
1445857156879.png
12 KB, 382x262
>>
File: 1441336010-0.jpg (21 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
1441336010-0.jpg
21 KB, 600x403
>>48217174

Where should I start looking if I want to read up on WHFB divinity and deities? Trying to fluff up an army and could use some inspiration for the origins.

In particular, I'm looking for:
Manann, Empire God of the Deeps
Stromfels, Manann's Devil-equivalent
Mathlaan, Elven Poseidon
The Underdark, mentioned earlier in this thread
Anything at all on the Old Ones
The relationship between the Old Ones and the 'God' survivor plotline that End Times introduced.

I've never read through any of the RP books, do any of them go into great depth?
>>
File: anon on his 30th birthday.gif (144 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
anon on his 30th birthday.gif
144 KB, 126x126
Got a stupid question. Why do wizards only pursue only one lore of magic?
>>
>>48222136
Look, it's fun to talk about Bretonnians all the time here, because as an anon no one calls me out for focusing almost exclusively on that.

In a Skype group, I would become 'that Bretonnian guy,' no matter how much other discussion I took part in. And it would be a lot harder to keep up discussion in a 24/7 chat than it would be on an imageboard thread.
>>
>>48228372
Trying to pursue multiple tends to lead to insanity and falling to the Ruinous Powers if you're a human.
>>
>>48224369
There are other groups in Lustria, you know. Colonists from various parts of the old world, amazons, and a few undead and pirates.
>>
>>48223291
I've never actually seen Blanche's drawings of Sigmarines. Could you share some? I'm curious to see how more fantasy they could look.
>>
>>48228372
the elves describe humans incapable in mastering more than one lore in the same way they can't walk in 2 opposing direction, it's both an innate limit and a tradition for the purpose of making magic easier to teach
>>
File: 1466707329165.jpg (282 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
1466707329165.jpg
282 KB, 873x627
>>
File: CnFtmegWYAALFfd.jpg (230 KB, 884x884) Image search: [Google]
CnFtmegWYAALFfd.jpg
230 KB, 884x884
Not sure if this has been posted, but CA have teased Malagor, Markus Wulfhart and the Beastmen for Total War: Warhammer on their twitter.
>>
>>48229459
Cool, Malagor and Khazrak are my favorite two beastmen lords, though the Brass Bull is cooll amd Molghur is kinda okay.
>>
>>48222911

>Business pressure. Don't be thicker than normal.

I don't see any of that, I don't see Thorpe saying that those involved with the business side of things came down cracking whips and demanding a Space Marine like army. Fantasy already had that in the Chaos Warriors who were for the most part one of the most popular armies. The only difference is that they couldn't be marketed as the "good" guys.

I see more of it being something of a holy grail, to be involved in the creation a Fantasy army that was as popular as the Space Marines in terms of players, sales, and being known outside of the game.

>>48223036

Just trying to say that shoving your fingers in your ears and trying to pretend that their aren't similarities between the two, even if the Stormcast may draw more from Space Marines, doesn't mean that the similarities don't exist. Seriously the only reason it's even an issue is because there are Fantasy players who hate the Stormcast because they're interwoven with AoS and those same Fantasy players or others hate Space Marines because they put 40k on top and shit all over Fantasy in terms of sales.

>>48223291

Well if this isn't just filled to the brim with the usual memes about GW. Kirby, businessmen running the design studio, and the devious CAD.

Blanche's designs for the Stormcast were nice, but they're also all over the place because they were in all likelihood concept art and not him trying to save anything. The concepts got passed along and were changed either because the sculptors made a change or changes were made so the things could actually being created as more than one off models.

You want to know how I know the above is a possibility? It's the process they described for the Silver Tower models. Blanche did concept art for the Chaos barbarian, the elf wizard, and one of the Tzeentch Acolytes. Most of the details for the first and third made it through to the models, but the elf wizard was changed in minor ways by the sculptor.
>>
>>48230140
I usually am not the hugest Blanche fan, and outright hate sigmarines, but that's REALLY damn good art.
>>
>>48230140
We're watching you... scum.
>>
>>48229459
Pffft. Giant man beasts? That's more ridiculous then giant rat people! They dont exist!
>>
Is roadwarden the best starting career for WFRP 2nd ed?

>Get a light warhorse
>Get a fucking 200 crown gun
>Be a fucking wilderness sherrif, fuck up bandits and goblins with your other roadwarden bros
>Do literal drivebys

Who needs pistoleers desu
>>
>>48232164
Uhhhh beastmen are probably the best known threat in the entire empire, even higher than greenskins.

And they are the one scapegoated (Heh, goated) for Skaven attacks to keep panic low.
>>
>>48233405
So wait, if beastmen hate any semblence of order, how come they have Shamans?
>>
>>48233750
They're more chaos sorcerors than amber wizards.

(And honestly "Beastmen hate all organization and all structures except mysteriously chariots" is kinda fucking annoying.
>>
>>48233750
>>48233868
I always imagine that you can handwave away any and all plot holes WRT chaos with 'chaos is the antithesis of all rules and order; its own included.'
>>
>>48233868
Hey man, Chariots are cool. So is beer and Axes.

I agree though, Beastmen seriously need a face lift in the fluff dept. They need more to them than simply "Hurr durr poopsmithing unga bunga"
>>
>>48233750
Shamans are the antithesis of the priest of other gods - they don't actually do much leading among the herd.
>>
>>48234012
they do have more to them

ooga booga herdstone rituals
>>
File: Ungor Sword.jpg (45 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Ungor Sword.jpg
45 KB, 600x620
>>48234012
I want beastmen with fuckhuge greatbows fired Dark Souls Dragonslayer Style, just made out of huge horns and whole yew saplings.

Also I wish that that "Ungor Sword" came in Gor and bestigor sized versions with gor and bestigor sized arms because that basic "Fable cleaver" sorta blade is my favorite.
>>
>>48234050
So, lets see here, what are the main tenets of Beastmen:
>Rape
>Pillaging
>Getting drunk
>Occasional fights

They just feel so shallow. What could we add though?
>>
>>48234108
They resent human privilege.
Sigmarite doctrine demands mutants be purged; as near-human outcasts they are all victims of Imperial society by accident of birth.
They Dindu Nuffin
>>
>>48234108
ritual sacrifice

They are still creatures of chaos, after all. Those shamans have to be doing something. What's good about beastmen is they're more of an open book, without much tying you into specific choices. They're the feral counterpart to the wood elves Fey, and that's about all the info you get.
>>
>>48234108
Coprophagia
>>
>>48234191
>>48234186
>>48234183
>>48234108
>>48234050
>>48234034
>>48234012
>>48233979
Im still confused on how the fuck the Beastmen are able to keep up a population. From their fluff, it seems that Beastmen either come from Beastman rape or parents throwing their mutant children into the woods. As far as we know, there aint any Beastwomen, so they must focus a lot on getting laid. However, it is shown time and time again, that Beastmen are a laughable army. The Empire militia's easily hold them off, Bretonnians stomp them, Warriors of Chaos amd Skaven Enslave them, Orcs & Goblins murder them, Ogres eat them, and Elves kill them when ever found. Seriously, how the fuck do they even exist?
>>
>>48234311
>trying to apply sensible logistics to WH

Come now, anon, you should know better.
>>
File: 1467507521830.png (139 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1467507521830.png
139 KB, 600x800
>>48234311
There are beastwomen though. They show up in one of the Gotrex and Felix stories.

>She doubted she or [her child] would have survived if she had not encountered the beastwomen in the forest; if they had not taken her in and guarded her and fed her. She remembered them as being oddly shy and gentle compared to the gors and ungors.
>>
>>48234334
I know, but still, they at least pretend to some degree. At least the Orcs sorta just pop out of the ground, but with beastmen, where do they even come from?
>>
>>48234311
Dark forest ritual magics or some such. Fuck a tree and some months later an infant will tumble out from beneath the roots wailing and howling.
Or maybe they grow out of swamps and shed their gills and swimming tails like tadpoles before growing into bull frogs.
>>
File: beastwoman KerrLowRes.png (652 KB, 2000x1952) Image search: [Google]
beastwoman KerrLowRes.png
652 KB, 2000x1952
>>48234311
>>48234334
>>48234350
Of course "Shy and Gentle" is all relative.
>>
>>48234311
Here's where we slap WHFB's now cooled corpse on the slab and open her up for a dissection.

Historically, the original run of Beastmen that GW produced were actually leftovers from their prior contract with either Chaosium or Avalon Hill, whoever produced Runequest at the time; as they were really just rebranded Broo.

A famous Rune-Quest monster roughly analagous to Beastmen, but notable in that it can reproduce by copulating with damn near anything; particular Broo even being supernaturally potent enough to impregnate such things as men, rocks, trees, piles of dirt, ect.

Take a look at these minis; recognise any remote ancestors of familiar Beastmen minis?
>>
>>48234381
Yeah, but who the hell is going to raise a infant in a tribe of Beastmen?
>>
>>48234484
the beastwomen?
>>
>>48234530
You know, I would love to actually see a portrayal of Beastmen with a Native American feel; Less Redheaded step child of Chaos, but more of a rugged and adaptable kind. Not the whole "At one with nature" crap of course, thats wood elves, but almost Tauren like, you know?
>>
>>48234604
>Let's portray the alcoholic rapebeasts as Native Americans

t. /pol/
>>
>>48234636
Well anon, Im not saying they should be rape beasts. Maybe they're a herd of beastmen that god captured by DarkElves long ago, and brought to Naggaroth. However, they escaped and fled into the inner continent, and have adapted to the Plains. With no towns not filled with Dark Elves or pissed off Chaos Worshippers, they took up a nomadic life style. Not every tribe has to be Murderhobos.
>>
File: The_Warpgates.png (3 MB, 1262x852) Image search: [Google]
The_Warpgates.png
3 MB, 1262x852
>>48234604
Tauren are gay son.

Beastmen represent the savagery of nature in man; grown unchecked and warped by the powers of Chaos, they cast off the vestiges of their humanity and retreat into the primeval night of the deepest Drakwald.

Beware the woods.
>>
>>48234689
Except they do. It's the fundamental difference between furries and werebeasts.

The former are animals made men. The latter are men made animals.
Like >>48234771 says. Beastmen, like werewolves, are about the savage and primal nature of man let wild. Chaos is the Id run wild, and Beastmen are basically our most basic animal instincts run wild.
>>
File: mm65flagellantswd127.jpg (37 KB, 684x238) Image search: [Google]
mm65flagellantswd127.jpg
37 KB, 684x238
Hi, Oldhammer guys! I'm painting up a 4th edition era Empire army and I'm looking for a reference for these Marauder flagellants.

I vaguely remember seeing a picture of them fighting skeletons, with trees in the background.

I've look through all of my old books and can't find it. Do you have it saved by any chance or know which book its in?
>>
I missed AoS Goblin question bro in the last thread, when they asked about if Daemons have personalities, but here it is.

Daemons are created out of the energy of the Chaos God who birthed them. Getting into specifics, Chaos Gods are technically gigantic colossal collections of all of the raw magic that pooled around them and became like the core. Souls are magic, which is why Chaos Gods and Daemons can eat souls. But being swirling masses of souls isn't a static thing, nor is it enough.
Like a gigantic cloud of energy, it shoots out other energy from time to time. Chaos Gods can also use their energy intentionally, which they use to shape the Warp magics that are too rigid to generally use as part of their "body" into their Realms.

Now back to the original, point, all Daemons that align to one of the four Chaos Gods are thoughts. When a mortal has a thought, they create a Daemon. But these are generally generic thoughts, the stuff of Chaos Undivided which is either short-lived or becomes prey for the powerful entities within the Warp. Like producing a single sterile fly on the planet earth, it'll be dead soon and isn't important enough to notice although it will probably become prey for something.

When a Chaos God has a thought however, they create a Daemon. Usually this is intentional, but Slaanesh and Tzeentch are always thinking and thus always creating. By contrast, Khorne creates armies and Nurgle creates populations but aren't constantly popping out Daemons.
>>
>>48234995

These Daemons, who began as a thought, have a mind of their own. But they're pretty set in the ways of whatever kind of thought that birthed them. A Daemonette of tender passions will usually not be much of a fighter, and instead waits to be summoned by a Warrior or a Dark Elf on a lonely night to spend painting skinned slaves in colored salts or massaging their (temporary) master with organs that shouldn't exist outside Slaanesh's mind. By contrast, if Slaanesh was thinking about his Mary Sue dancing Daemonettes cutting Khorne's to ribbons, they'll be fighters born and spend their existence in a dance waiting for their chance to command the attention of everyone as they gut some Bloodletters.

Daemons who please their creators are promoted, like Slaanesh's being allowed to drive the fun chariots. Those who don't are, with a thought just like what created them, rendered into energy within their master again.

When a Daemon dies, its up to the Chaos God who created them whether or not to resurrect them. Generally the Chaos Gods don't, that's something only really for Daemons created intentionally like a Greater Daemon but there are exceptions, like Unit Champions and anything that is allowed to have a mount. So technically, Daemons are just as mortal as mortals in that they can be consumed by a Chaos God upon their death.
>>
>>48234366
"There are as many Elves as the plot demands."

-Gav Thorpe

Seriously, GW has absolutely no thought about that kind of thing. Priestly did, but the current guys? They just want it to be more anime, and don't want anything they don't think is interesting to even exist let alone be written about.
>>
>>48234311
It works better when you go with the fluff that has a huge world with many billions of humans in the empire.

Beastmen are basically rape machines that wipe out small villages all the time and peasant babies changed evil by warpstone left in the woods.

When you use the fluff that has a relatively small world and population it falls apart.
>>
>>48234410
I wish we had better alternative models for females to mix in with males.

Someone has to make decent female Skaven proxy eventually. The ordinary Skaven, and the bloated titty monsters.

Does Raging Heroes take requests? Maybe we can petition some proxy models for Beastwomen and some skeletons and zombies in medieval dresses?
>>
>>48234689
Any tribe that made it down past Naggaroth would be Dino-food pretty quick if Pygmies, terrifying wildlife, Norscan Amazons, Vampire Pirates and Old World Conquistadores didn't get them first.

You seem to misunderstand the nature of the Warhammer world; it deals in ptolemaic absolutes of light and darkness; searing and uncompromising, and Chaos creatures carry in them the seed of destruction, rapine, nihilistic all-consuming anger, and a strange lust for self-annhialation even as they strive for immortality.
>>
File: 1466950211305.png (2 MB, 838x1188) Image search: [Google]
1466950211305.png
2 MB, 838x1188
>>48234366
>At least the Orcs sorta just pop out of the ground,
>Implying

There are female orcs in bloodbowl and half-orcs in the old fluff.

While they hint at porting over the fungi-meme from 40k they never explicitly state it.
>>
File: hfw.png (40 KB, 401x569) Image search: [Google]
hfw.png
40 KB, 401x569
>>48235067
>>
File: tumblr_nd2m01swmG1sz7asho9_1280.jpg (109 KB, 802x618) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd2m01swmG1sz7asho9_1280.jpg
109 KB, 802x618
>>48235057
>pygmies

Is this really a thing?
>>
>>48234771
>>48234813
Well, to be fair, I was trying to come up with a way to make them more intresting than them being just being a bunch of losers who get shat on by everyone, and whose characters have the depth of a shallow puddle.

Of course there is value in the primary concept of them being a bunch of crazy, rapist beasts. Them being a sort of anti-thesis to order, and showing the true nature of man are a pretty good representation of Chaos. But in the end, I feel like that just subsumes everything else. But I also hate how they seem to be constantly shat upon as a faction. I'll admit, that their rage is a central part of their character as a faction, and perhaps I went a little far in my attempt to mangke them into somethig else.

But, I think the beastmen are best looked in this light: They are the spurned, the revenge hungry, the Redheaded step child of the world. Everyone loathes them, Chaos does not bother to even gaze upon them, and they are surronded in a hostile world that holds no love for them. All they have is Spite to fuel them, and the Herd of those like them. But when they get the chance, they maul who ever they can, in a bloody tyriad of pent up hate. Them representing just beasts or the warping of Chaos are all just tenats to their overall theme of bestial hatred at Order, at Chaos, at everything, like a abused and mistreated animal, that because they have been shown nothing but malice and brutality, that is all they have, along with what instincts nature has left them.
>>
File: Spurdo dorf.png (78 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo dorf.png
78 KB, 853x543
>>48235067
I would like to see orc women in fighting ranks, participating in their favourite pastime and to get enough influence to get a spouse of sorts
>>
File: info beastmen map.jpg (2 MB, 3189x2362) Image search: [Google]
info beastmen map.jpg
2 MB, 3189x2362
>>48234311
>Seriously, how the fuck do they even exist?
They're like the cancer of the Old World. Wherever the corruption of chaos festers there are gonna be Beastmen soon enough.

At least that's how I like to think about it.
>>
Beastmen coming to Total War: Warhammer.
>>
File: BB_orc_cheerleader.jpg (45 KB, 373x333) Image search: [Google]
BB_orc_cheerleader.jpg
45 KB, 373x333
>>48235359
I wish GW still made female orc models, and not just for bloodbowl.

The half-orc models were kinda shit though, basically the same as hobgoblins.
Human bodies with ugly faces.
>>
>>48235410
Cathay and Nippon really have a lot of Beastmen.
>>
File: 1468029558754.png (16 KB, 200x241) Image search: [Google]
1468029558754.png
16 KB, 200x241
>>48235410
>There are more beastmen than almost every other faction put together
What the actual fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 750x1334
>>48234311
Beastmen can reproduce normally it's mentioned several times in their rulebook. They make a distinction between regular beastmen and turnskins, the ones mutated from human parents that are much rarer. Beastmen babies are probably much more developed than human babies and are able to travel with the tribe at a young age, like most wild animals are. Rape babies are probably very rare because few human females would be able to handle the exposure of the wild and I don't see beastmen wasting their resources to take care of delicate humans just to have one baby.
>>
>>48235476
Rape machines and mutant babies. I'm surprised that there's a lot of them in the Southern pole. It makes sense to me that there would be a lot of them up north, but does anyone live in the South Pole?
>>
File: pygmies_wd_70.png (319 KB, 717x261) Image search: [Google]
pygmies_wd_70.png
319 KB, 717x261
>>48235155
1985 Citadel Pygmies sculpted by the great ancestors Alan and Michael Perry themselves.

They may or may not be in cahoots with the Lizardmen.
>>
I know this is quite an outdated thing to ask for but I just updated my computer and lost my AB 2.2 crack. Does anyone have it?
>>
>>48235538
Horrible amphibious Penguin and Leopard Seal Beastmen, I presume.
>>
>>48235538
>>48235564
There's a second warp-gate on the south pole.
>>
File: 1456686455145.jpg (94 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
1456686455145.jpg
94 KB, 800x537
>>48235564
That makes sense.
>>48235574
I know that but who lives there?
>>
>>48235574
Aye, and it may be greater even than the northern one; it's just so isolated from the rest of the world.

From an aerial view that map >>48235410
makes quite clear the impending doom of the world and it's inevitable fall to chaos.

Not saying I thought the end times worked out well though.
>>
>>48235591
No one lives there, the whole place is just full of beastmen. The only time the South Pole is ever explored, the beastmen resembled daemons and weren't tainted with the weak forms of man.
>>
>>48235650
>the beastmen resembled daemons
They already have goat hooves and horns in what ways could they look like daemons even more?
>>
>>48234771
So what is happening in this picture? People and animals mutating into the first Beastmen or what?
>>
>>48235650
>Beastmen
>Cut out the man part
>???
>>
File: stick_125x85_furious_eng.jpg (79 KB, 661x449) Image search: [Google]
stick_125x85_furious_eng.jpg
79 KB, 661x449
>>48235452
http://russian-alternative.ru/news_events/the_furious_orcgirlz/
>>
>>48235452
What if they do? What if all warhammer fantasy orcs and goblins are in fact females, and snot-lings are the men?
>>
>>48235678
>>48235747
GW writing, anons.

Tell, don't show. Only show if its something that goes at the centerpiece of an army.
>>
>>48235738
Something along those lines; I suppose when the winds of magic ebb one might get close enough to a warp gate to even live to see it; but then your luck runs out, you are too close to the epicenter of the burst and your body and mind are ripped apart or rendered unrecogniseable by the mutagenic powers of pure creative potential.
>>
>>48235794
I thought so.
>>48235793
Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>48235783
Then this bit of fluff gets a VERY different context.
>>
>>48235747
It means that they have no man ancestry. They are in fact penguins and seals that where mutated in to manlike shapes.maybe
>>
File: Boy at his Rig.jpg (59 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Boy at his Rig.jpg
59 KB, 512x512
>>48235763
Well Zog me, Gitz with Titz.
>>
File: mdk.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mdk.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>48235855
>>
>>48235067
Mushrooms in fall build up the wall

I swear i read that about orcs in the empire somewhere but i cannot for the life of me remember where
>>
File: 1465852119931.jpg (478 KB, 440x624) Image search: [Google]
1465852119931.jpg
478 KB, 440x624
>>48235926
There's also one BRB that mentions a single line calling them spreading from the old ones as "spore".

But also that was from a brief phase when GW was trying to kinda merge the settings.

And also it's hard to contradict tons of fluff bits talking about half orcs with 1-2 lines over 2 books.

And I'm pretty sure at least one Empire BL book implied townsfolk being raped by greenskins.
I used to have a screenshot of the paragraph because we're talked about it before but I can't seem to find it now.
>>
File: oR1Ab93.jpg (434 KB, 1275x1014) Image search: [Google]
oR1Ab93.jpg
434 KB, 1275x1014
Anyone know if this would work as a Shrine Of Temptation (Slaanesh chariot) in 9th Age? Because I'm having a hard time finding a decent proxy because Hellflayer Chariots kind of look too boring, and this looks perfect.

I'm just worried its too big.
>>
>>48235168
There are plenty of Beastmen in Ind, which is apparently a chaos cult infested hellhole.

Not hard to imagine some Tiger Headed Beast-king holding his twisted court decked out in pillaged finery in a ruined temple courtyard deep in the jungle.

Flanked on all sides by his attendants - men with the features of apes and great cats, vultures and hyaenas, acompanied by human dacoits and cultists who act as their Beast-Sultan's footmen.

Warhammer fantasy is a big world.
>>
File: Half Orcs.jpg (490 KB, 997x1397) Image search: [Google]
Half Orcs.jpg
490 KB, 997x1397
>>48235972
I have this.

Part of the reason I think GW retconned this isn't making all Orcs into spore-apes who scratch their balls and shit to breed, but because they wanted the only tribesmen of note to be even more speshul snowflakes than they already are. Because Go Chaos Or Go Home.
>>
>>48235972
They've retconned things much more integral to the fluff than orks sexually reproducing, like Dark elves worshipping slaanesh and the lizardmen and slaan being different races.

>>48235860
>>48235747
Pic related. Thats the only real description we get of southern beastmen. I don't think penguin and seal beastmen were ever mentioned in any actual fluff, thats just a meme.
>>
Will GW hold anymore official Fantasy events or tourneys, or will it all be Age of Sigmar from here on?
>>
>>48236178
Probably AoS from here on out. With the point release though, its really not a bad game. The joke rules got removed and pretty much every unit from fantasy, even named characters, has rules. you totally can use legacy units to recreate battles from the world that was, its even encouraged. From what i've seen on the AoS generals, Bretonnia actually became a top tier army, and Tomb kings have some of the most OP units, especially the necrosphinx. If you can get over the butthurt of "muh setting got nuked for sigmarines" then you can play with all of your old models without issue.
>>
It might be my goto plan but why not set fire to the forests to kill beastmen? The trees will grow back eventually, and I for one wouldn't miss those trees.
>>
>>48236093
So where the fuck were these in End Times? Where the fuck are these in AoS?

GW literally wrote the best Beastmen ever all for the purpose of giving Archaon a visual peptalk, and nothing else.
I'm SO. FUCKING. SICK. OF ARCHAON.
>>
>>48236340
Tomb kings and bretts aren't even fucking sold anymore.
>>
File: 1422234792288.jpg (67 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
1422234792288.jpg
67 KB, 500x682
>>48236340
>world that was
That will never not piss me off to read. I think its the first time the word "triggered" applies to me.
They never even fucking named our setting, and the term used to refer to it is so blase and dismissive.
>>
>>48236340
But why would we play AoS with points when 9th Age is an objectively better balanced game that also has rules for all the old models?
>>
>>48236340
yeah, I'm just wondering how to base my units. I like circle bases for some reason, but I wouldn't mind being able to play old fantasy battle 8th edition with my army if I find a group that favors that.

But if I'm only going ot be playing Fantasy with friends, might as well base circle since anyone playing Fantasy won't be 'official' anyway.

Right?
>>
>>48221729

my god
>>
>>48236408
It;s not possible to use the fantasy ruleset on round bases.
>>
File: dragonprinces.jpg (129 KB, 1000x763) Image search: [Google]
dragonprinces.jpg
129 KB, 1000x763
>>48236408
Wrong.

Fantasy literally requires square bases, its how the game works.

You, full stop, cannot play Fantasy or 9th Age with round bases. The models have to rank up with each other, and base contact only works in four directions.

That's why so many people flipped over the round bases. There's absolutely no reason to ever use them, they provide no benefit and many people really hate how models look when they're staggered because you can't rank them. Round bases are only for skirmish games, AoS is the first wargame trying to make round bases work but that's mainly because it was built around the idea of small forces and getting people to gradually buy more without concern for the endgame result clusterfuck.
>>
>>48236408
You can play AoS on square.

You cannot play WHFB on round.
>>
File: 1388724039297.jpg (60 KB, 648x486) Image search: [Google]
1388724039297.jpg
60 KB, 648x486
>Round bases
>Destroying the time-honored tradition of unit filler

Games Workshop hit rock bottom with that one.
>>
I wonder Beastmen will be handled in Total War Warhammer...

CA has done an excellent job in both battle and campaign, in terms of uniqueness to there races, but Beastmen seems to be completley different then any other race. Hiding in the forest and all that jazz.
>>
>>48236598
Maybe you don't actually control territory? You just fuck stuff up and retreat back to forest tiles that are neutral ground just for you. Rinse/repeat until you get a big enough force to completely eliminate a faction.
>>
>>48236598
Especially when other races literally can't enter the deep forests on the campaign map (Or can only pass under them if Greenskins or Dwarfs)

>>48236598
>>48236632
I figure they'll probably be like the chaos warriors, possibly with worse in-battle units but better overworld abilities (Faster horde growth, a stance that combines raiding, ambush, and encampment while stationary in light forest, some sorta abilities like that)
>>
>>48236492
Unit fillers can aslo be done with round bases senpai.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.