[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey anon! How frequently do you use a different voice when talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1319933734754.png (153 KB, 725x291) Image search: [Google]
1319933734754.png
153 KB, 725x291
Hey anon!

How frequently do you use a different voice when talking In Character?

What about when you're DMing a game? Does every character get a different voice?
>>
>>48215076
I try it but always end up mixing up voices and just giving up
>>
>>48215076
I usually only use stereotypical voices. tough guy, orc voice, slightly british/uperclass thing, etc.
I usually just voice females in my regular voice.
>>
>>48215076

I do as wide a variety of voices as I can. I generally don't try accents though since I can't do many.

Can't stand those plebs who won't even try. Even worse when it's all because they're too embarrassed/shy but they try to make excuses instead for why they're objectively right not to do voices.
>>
>>48215076
As a DM I try and improv a voice on the spot and try to keep it consistent even if it's dumb, or not use a special voice at all for characters. Quality of your fake voices is less important than consistency I think.

As a player, I try to give all of my characters unique voice/speech patterns and keep that consistent too. It helps people know when I say something in character or not.
>>
File: 1332468208923.gif (2 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1332468208923.gif
2 MB, 350x263
>Guy has a character that speaks super softly, pretty much a whisper
>Player gets annoyed when he isn't heard because he does that while other people are talking and nobody can hear him
>Loudly exclaims "SHUT UP I'M TALKING" in order to get a word in

Come on man, what the fuck did you expect was going to happen?
>>
>>48216570
Being interrupted is always shitty.
>>
>>48215076
No matter how hard I try, my character's voice always ends up sounding like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC5sQYTjEP0
>>
>>48215076
I can't really do voices, but I will mix it up with dialects and the tone in which characters speak. You can tell whether one of my characters is book smart or not, and it's really easy compared to working on accents or the like and trying to shift your voice.
>>
>>48215076
I never use voices, I feel like it just detracts from the overall feel of the narrative.

But we play via skype/roll20 so text is a viable option.
>>
I do a wide variety of voices as I DM. Each character has a slightly different voice and each region corresponds to a different part of the world when using accents. My party loves it and have told me its one of the best parts of the game which makes sense seeing as how most of them came from being critical role fans

Also one of my favourite characters that I played was a conman like the guy from Catch me if you can, so I had to whip up a fake voice on the spot pretty much every session.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.