[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain why Dark Angels in Warhammer: 40,000 are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Can someone explain why Dark Angels in Warhammer: 40,000 are all branded heretics? I understand that a fairly large force was actually turned to chaos, but that was during the Horus heresy, and I don't see why 10,000 years later they're still branded heretics. I can understand them wanting redemption, and them wanting to punish the unforgiven, but they're literally the most un-heretical chapter out there, apart from maybe Grey Knights. Also, general Dark Angels discussion thread
>>
>>48210848
They were never branded heretics. That's the problem. In their desire to avoid any reference to traitors, they have commited great sins, Battles have been lost because they just legged it to hunt a Fallen. This has generated more distrust during 10k years that if they had said, "ok, we lost some guys to Horus". Specially with the new HH lore where every legion had some rotten apples.
>>
>>48210848
Dark Angels are widely renowned for being among the purest and most spotless Chapters around. The whole "hunt the Fallen" thing is a dark secret that practically nobody knows about. The great irony is that they have committed *more* sins in their puritanical quest to extinguish all traces of half their Legion falling in with Horus.

They are the "fanatical confessor monks with a dark secret hidden in the bowels of their abbey" Chapter.
>>
>>48210848
>I don't see why 10,000 years later they're still branded heretics
Do you not understand 40k?

Everything is going to shit because everyone is an asshole or a traitor or incompetent (or probably several of those) and everyone else is out to kill you. They won't just forgive someone because they can't trust that it's not yet another trick.

Plus this >>48211156
>>
>>48211247
Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense. Everyone hates everything and everyone for every reason
>>
File: Angel.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Angel.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>48210848
>explain why Dark Angels are all branded heretics

No, because it's just a joke. Half the DA were branded 'heretic' by the other half for plot reasons. Do you even Grimdark?

>I understand that a fairly large force was actually turned to chaos

You evidently 'understand' very little. You're either a humourless, abject retard or the worst /tg/ troll so far today - and I'm not ruling-out both. Buuut ... Just in case you're a naive child:

The "dark secret" of the DA is their shame at a Lutheran schism within their Christian Soldier ranks. The JOKE is that their scandal is "really" about their affinity for wearing 'dresses' teehee, or that they're secretly ALL double heretics, etc. No, they're not very funny, but middle school japes are what has passed for humour in GW circles since the 70s.
>>
>>48210848
Oh great, another anon that got their lore from memes.
>>
File: YouGoofyBasterd.png (555 KB, 3300x3140) Image search: [Google]
YouGoofyBasterd.png
555 KB, 3300x3140
>>48210848
>Can someone explain why Dark Angels in Warhammer: 40,000 are all branded heretics?

This is a joke right? Dark Angels are basically a rogue chapter that black mails the inquisition, plus they don't hesitate to kill inquisitors and anyone else who might stumble upon their dirty secrets.

>they're literally the most un-heretical chapter out there, apart from maybe Grey Knights. Also, general Dark Angels discussion thread

Ah, now here's the joke, while they may not worship the dark gods and those that do within their ranks are put down very quickly due to their paranoia, they do just about everything else that is deemed heretical like the aforementioned team-killing, leaving the battlefield and allies to die to protect their secrets, also they disregard imperial authority, both chapters are shit though OP, one is mary sue and stupid, and the other is space wolves level stupid, you have the taste of an edgy unbridled newfag teenager, you should be proud of yourself!
>>
>>48213744
We created a monster.
I blame every Anon who isn't us.
>>
>>48213546
>japes
>>
>>48213546
Their "dark secret" is that they're closeted queers. Read "The Dark Angel" by Lionel Johnson. It's not particularly subtle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.