[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you design a compelling "evil mastermind/puppetmaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 24
How do you design a compelling "evil mastermind/puppetmaster behind the scenes" character, /tg/?

Do you have any examples or stories to tell from your own experiences?
>>
>>48205629
Give the mastermind actual, credible, believable goals. Under no circumstance can his motives be explained by himherit being evil.
>>
>>48205629
Write out the notes of what his plans/backups are beforehand, and seal them in an envelope. Never deviate from these, except for ways he could salvage situations on the fly. Never just use GM magic to make him have a "THAT WAS ALL PART OF MY PLAN", for everything.
>>
>>48205629
Make the character someone the PCs know

Make their actions seem innocent but then when the reveal happens put them into context

Do not let the players find out but be unable to prove it, in my experience they get really pissy and metagamey when it happens.

>I tell the townspeople he's evil
>They don't believe you
>But why don't they believe me he is evil
>Maybe because he's lived here 30 years and you rolled in yesterday?
>I show him this horseshoe of cursing he made
>People look at it, they agree it is a horseshoe, they're even willing to agree it could be cursed, they still don't believe it belonged to him.
> But he is evil so they should believe me.
>ARRRGH
>>
File: 1451536749183.png (674 KB, 875x576) Image search: [Google]
1451536749183.png
674 KB, 875x576
>>48205629
>old man mastermind/puppetmaster who is secretly behind all recent uprisings and unrest
>it's actually for a greater good; the old man is the good guy
>>
>>48205629
Mhmmmm >>>/pol/ pretty much? fuck off nazi scum
>>
>>48206041
You don't need to be /pol/ to be worried when a multimillionaire known as "the man who broke the Bank of England" and who is labeled an economic terrorist by the Malaysian Prime Minister has close ties to a presidential candidate of the USA.
>>
>>48206165
>Malaysia
Mhmmm fascist thirdworld shithole much?

Look kiddo you're a fucking FASCIST and this is not a filthy fucking nazi board, now fuck off.
>>
>>48206259
Shut up, commie.
>>
File: nothowitworks.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nothowitworks.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
OP:
>implies Soros is an evil mastermind
>>48206041
>you must be nazi

EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS HITLER!
>>
>>48206041
>>48206259
Does american TV really cause that much brain damage?
>>
>>48205629
Make the character be always in the spotlight in some way with all of his bad intentions being right there in the open, but nobody sees them, not even the players.
>>
>>48206355
>ur american!1
No, i'm not from an idiot country that allows fascist racist neo-nazies like tronald dump.

>>48206349
>>48206326
whoa there trumpsters poltards, how about you fuck off?!
>>
>>48206448
You do realize that George Soros is pretty much a Lich, he's had six heart transplants for fuck sake.
>>
>>48206448
When did Soros ever do anything good?
>>
>>48206521
>>48206531
Soros is:
pro-EU
anti-boarders
pro-Israel
pro-refugees
anti-hate
anti-fascist
pro-open society

What he's done that isn't good mhmmmm? nothing, get rekt fascist scum
>>
File: 1468117424192.jpg (203 KB, 1125x1125) Image search: [Google]
1468117424192.jpg
203 KB, 1125x1125
Could you guys stop replying to bait?
>>
>>48206545
>pro-EU
>good

LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH
>>
File: got.png (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
got.png
5 KB, 224x225
>>48206545
No, no, you are bait. I don't believe you are real. I don't want to believe you are real.
>>
>>48206568
racist brexiter spotted, fuck off /pol/tard grandpa and get with the times it's 2016!
>>
>>48206545
>fascist
Unlike Soros, I never worked for the Nazis.
>>
>>48206601
Any proof of that?
Also he was forced because he was jewish so it doesn't count, you'd join because you're a fucking nazi you stupid white male.

>>48206578
/pol/ very much kid? how about you FUCK. OFF. back to /pol/? /tg/ is a lgbt, antifa and refugee friendly board got it kiddo?
>>
Can we please talk about BBEGs instead of politics and bait?

Basically, it's what >>48205942 said. Give him actual, believable reasons, credible goals, and don't let him pull something out of his arse or escape/succeed in an unbelievable manner.
>>
File: e0d.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
e0d.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>48206615
Ah, I feel better now. You got too obvious.

MOOOODS, DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD THAT ISN'T ABOUT TABLETOP
>>
>>48206639
>Be on the right side of history
>Ur le bait!!
naw fuck off nazi.
>>
>>48205629
He looks like he replaced his heart or something
>>
>>48206616
But anon, evil (at least evil in stories) is nothing BUT politics and bait.
>>
File: Criminals Crimes and Cruelty.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Criminals Crimes and Cruelty.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48206615
>antifa
Danke fĂ¼r deine Offenbarung, Bernd. Falschflaggaktionen benötigen aber etwas mehr FeingefĂ¼hl.
Now if you would kindly stop the bait and just post " I heff bin ze evilmastermind all along, you foolz!" so we could get on with the thread?

On topic:
Apart from having believable goals, which shouldn't be obvious right from the start, the most effective way to play this kind of BBEG is following advice for creating a murder-mystery plot. Meaning you need to sprinkle non-obvious clues around. (Yet obvious enough that the players catch them or at least remember them when the plan becomes known to them.)
The moment you hear "So THAT was why..." you know you've done it right.
>>
>>48206750
>Danke fĂ¼r deine Offenbarung, Bernd. Falschflaggaktionen benötigen aber etwas mehr FeingefĂ¼hl.
Woah there anti-refuge neo-nazi how about you mc fuck off eh whitey neo-nazi?
>>
File: 234475677856y.png (25 KB, 209x93) Image search: [Google]
234475677856y.png
25 KB, 209x93
>>48206002
I sincerely hope you aren't implying Soros is an agent of good.
>>
>>48206750
stop feeding him any (you)s, he'll wither and go away without them
>>
>>48206766
holy fuck you need to fuck right off this board. Yeah, I'm getting baited but an already decently interesting thread is being ruined by someone (hopefully playing at) being a retarded SJW. Mods, please.

On topic, you make them rational but still have a good reason to be against what the players want. This is the really tricky part, because if they're smart, thinking beings they'll deal and compromise when they need to, and doing so with PCs ruins them as a villain.

For personal tastes, I like it better when masterminds aren't that imposing/dangerous on their own. It's always annoying as a player to finally corner the bastard, only to find out he's *also* a super martial arts master somehow. Getting to the villain should be the fight itself, once the players do this let them resolve the rest easily.
>>
As everyone in this thread has said, give them limits.

Decide at the beginning of the game what areas he's meddling in and how big his resources are. He can change his plans as the campaign goes on, but having an idea of what they're invested in and roughly what they're capable of stops you from bullshitting everyone by making him asspull a solution to every problem.

They don't need to be related to the PCs party in any way, but they should at least be a known figure in the campaign in some capacity aka as a noble, or a mercenary captain or a banker or priest or whatever.
Cardinal Richlieu from the Musketeers might be a good example.
>>
The most important thing about a mastermind BBEG is his facial hair. You might be thinking goatee here, but you are wrong. That's henchman-level at best.
>>
>>48206545
>anti-borders
>anti-europe
>pro-'refugees'
>pro-'open society' aka anti-native
Found it right fucking there
>>
>>48205942
Don't tell me what to do, nig.
>>
File: 1468109114638.png (165 KB, 369x421) Image search: [Google]
1468109114638.png
165 KB, 369x421
>>48206545
This is bait, but people like this do exist unironically believing these thing's.
>>
>>48206615
>/tg/ is a lgbt, antifa and refugee friendly board got it kiddo?
Blue board doesn't mean 'safe space', baiter. Grow up and stop trying to speak for everyone here, it's not your place to say what this board is or is not.

On topic, I like BBEGs that completely come off as nice people and the PCs would never think twice about being evil because they're clearly an asset to the party. Then the group takes another look and realized they've been doing the ditty work of an asshole that would have been obvious if they took a slightly closer look along the way. Shane as posted above is also a good example.
>>
THIS IS THE PERFECT THREAD TO A QUESTION I ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE.

TO PEOPLE THAT ARE ARE TELLING >>/POL//
I HAVE SOME QUESTION:

HOW THE HELL SOME GUY X DISCUSS POLITICAL RELATED THINGS (LIKE THIS THREAD) OR A /TV/ THREAD ABOUT MOVIES RELATED TO POLITICS, WITHOUT DOING SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE YOU TELL THE GUY X "BACK TO /POL/?
>>
>>48209595
get the FUCK out you stupid NAZI.
>>>/pol/

>>48207446
>>48206772
Spotted the neo-nazi!

>>48207640
>>48206821
>O-oh n-no!! he spotted us being in the WRONG side of history!!
>I-it's clearly biat!!! i'm not in the wrong side of history!! n-nazism and fascism is good!!

ITT: Serious /pol/tard invasion and DIRE need of ACTION ANTIFA.
>>
>>48209647
Carefully.
>>
>>48209647
If all /pol/tards GTFO we wouldn't have fucking stupid conservative and nazi retards.
>>
>>48209647
>WITHOUT DOING SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE YOU TELL THE GUY X "BACK TO /POL/?
your only hope is to time the thread when the ironic/overly sensitive are asleep

and good luck doing that, because they're neets
>>
>>48209976
Ooooorrrr
we make all stupid filthy and dumb fascist scum go away???
>>
File: eldar.png (170 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
eldar.png
170 KB, 1280x1024
study actual masterminds from history, then turn them evil.

the general principle is to use a form of competence to gain power, be blocked by something you can't openly remove, get/wait for someone unrelated to yourself to start up some shit and either direct it at your obstacle or use it as pretext to usurp it.

that's a very clean and effective approach which is why you call them masterminds. if you want the players to oppose them they'll need a realistic way to do so. a typical weakness is a time when they didn't bother with the pretext.

alternatively you can just make some funny shit up. just remember you get bonus points for logical motivations and choices relying on knowledge the characters would actually have without retarded bullshit reasoning.
>>
>>48209922
>get the FUCK out you stupid NAZI.
Nah. I hate the /pol/tards as much as you do and all the stormfags can go die in a fire. But a) you're in dire need of rereading the rules, things like
>you must be 18 to post on 4chan
and b) you're also completely missing the point of the anonymous culture fostered here. You can speak for no one but yourself, and trying to do otherwise is retarded. If calling me a Nazi is all you have, you're doing nothing but making wild assumptions about me through some mouth-frothing desire to feel like you made a change. On an anonymous image board. For board games.

You're being retarded and childish. Calm down.

>>48210025
>we make all stupid filthy and dumb fascist scum go away???
Make them go away? How? Like, with guns? Isn't silencing a person's voice wholesale for your own convenience because you can't properly think of how to debate them like adults... Wouldn't that be... fascism?
>>
>>48206041
>>48206259
>>48206448
>>48206545
>>48206578
>>48206580
>>48206615

this is bait
>>
>>48205629
sort of >>48181086
>>
Another good thread ruined by sjwfags and /pol/tards arguing. You're both wrong by the way. My grandpa always said there are three sides to every argument. The way one side says it is, the way the other side says it is, and the truth. You're both closed minded and half right. Additionally, it's 2016. Stop responding to bait and feeding trolls. That's how threads get ruined. The trolls are retarded but if you fall for their tricks you become the guy that was fooled by a retard.
>>
>>48205629
From time to time I make the BBEG the party's boss's boss. The good guys are basically there to act as enforcers when one of the evil lieutenants isn't doing their job well, or to knock out overly ambitious rivals.

The best evil masterminds are patient and happy to accept incremental progress towards their goals.
>>
>>48210383
>If calling me a Nazi is all you have, you're doing nothing but making wild assumptions about me through some mouth-frothing desire to feel like you made a change
More to the point, how is him calling you a Nazi supposed to change your behavior?

If you actually were a Nazi, you'd just say 'Yep, I'm a Nazi' and he'd have no more arguments left.
>>
>>48210554
>the middle ground is always right
>everyone is wrong, only I know the truth
Okay
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>48205629
I like diverting my PCs attentions and pointing them towards a mastermind who's actually a good guy (but seems like a bad guy because their motives are so inscrutable to the untrained eye). It's also fun to drop PCs in the middle of a shadow war between two masterminds and leaving them to figure out who to support (assuming they don't decide to take out both).
>>
>>48209647
>HOW THE HELL SOME GUY X DISCUSS POLITICAL RELATED THINGS (LIKE THIS THREAD) OR A /TV/ THREAD ABOUT MOVIES RELATED TO POLITICS, WITHOUT DOING SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE YOU TELL THE GUY X "BACK TO /POL/?

By going to /pol/. That's where political discussion belongs. Now if you wanna talk about Soros' new evil tabletop RPG, sure, do it here.

Soros himself? Not /tg/, take it to /pol/. It's really not difficult.
>>
>>48210639
Good point. Lol. I might have thought to say so but I have given up long ago on saying "no, I'm not" when someone on the internet comes at me with a retarded accusation.

Also I recall someone made a thread the other day about likeable bad guys and Hank Scorpio came up. He was a really good example and relevant to this thread. Genuinely nice guy that cared about his accomplices. Even if he did have all those crazy schemes and doomsday weapons and whatnot. Plus I want his jetpack. At least I'm pretty sure he had a jetpack.
>>
>>48210383
Killing facists it's being on the RIGHT side of history nazi, fuck off with your white privilege and check it.
>>
File: 1467656246490.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1467656246490.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
Bait thread?

Also, on topic:

Don't make him some high profile person like a dictator or something. Have him be some relatively obscure advisor, a man with many connections and influence but little formal power. Formal power might be some long term goal for him but since I assume your story is just starting have him stay in the shadows.

Also, on the manipulation itself, don't make it some hyperlogical grand plan that perfectly unfolds. Have him be a great improviser, somebody who has backup plans when his main ones fail. Make him a great people person, a casual liar, no firm loyalties to anyone...you get the idea.
>>
File: your end is nigh.jpg (227 KB, 1050x960) Image search: [Google]
your end is nigh.jpg
227 KB, 1050x960
Depends on the game and the setting.

In a sort of straight forward game they have to be relatively obvious or the players will run around and never uncover them unless you set up some "choo choo" action to insure that the mastermind comes to light.

In a political game you can literally throw a rock blindfolded and hit either this guy, the magnificent bastard, or the smug snake. Everyone is plotting all the time. Even in their sleep.
>>
Come up with a plan for the BBEG, as well as several cover stories that serve as red herrings.

Start the BBEG at step 1.
Start the players at step 1.
>>
>>48206355
Amerifat here, sure as shit does
One too many sham-wow commercials probably
>>
>>48206521
>six heart transplants
Okay what the fuck
Really? How? How has he fucked up six different hearts? Where's hia phylactery?
>>
File: image.jpg (316 KB, 1801x961) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316 KB, 1801x961
>>48206567
If we don't reply to bait, what else would we do with ourselves
>>
>>48206259
>implying fascism is so far off from what uncle barney sandals offers
>>
>>48211169
His phylactery is a giant pile of cursed money he has filtered into circulation. on another note, would that work as a phylactery?
>>
>>48211019
Maybe someone who does a lot of royal bookkeeping? He'd be low profile, trusted, and quite literally have his eyes everywhere.
>>
>>48211327
Indeed. Littlefinger springs to mind. Alternatively, you could go the Frank Underwood route and have him be a minor but highly ambitious politician who schemes him way to the top.
>>
>>48211287
I don't see why not. One big fat stack of cash
>>
>>48209922
>Fight Fascism with fascism
>>
>>48211019
>>48211327
Literally jafar
On a side note, disney has some great villians
>>
>>48211287
Depends on the setting. But I'd lean towards no - your phylactery has to be a single object and a valuable object, IMO. A pile of cursed money would only work while it stayed together.

(Plot hook: a lich's phylactery has been deliberately disassembled and put into circulation this way. Since it was made in parts, it's not considered "broken" or "destroyed" and will resume reforming the lich if ever collected in one place.)
>>
>>48210986
But today I identify as an African woman and you can't tell me I don't or you're a fascist, racist, misogynistic rapist neo-Nazi who needs to check his own white cisscum privilege and not vote for Trump or you're oppressing me.

Here's your final (You). Don't spend it all in one place.

>>48211019
Actually Trump would make a great BBEG if he was given one or two likeable traits.

Also anyone know of any good mastermind type examples to adopt and alter for BBEGs? I'm thinking like Light from Death Note or Edmond Dantes, for example. People that are just mildly damaged enough to have a terribly vicious streak and be severely flawed if well-intentioned people, but still make their allies say "Holy fuck, I'm glad they're on OUR side."
>>
>>48211407
well, its split across the world, and eventually will be taken out circulation due to wear, so no its not a good idea
>>
>>48211452
Well trump is a good example of a choatic good rich guy, soros is lawful evil, Bill gates is true nuetral.
>>
>>48211460
What about a brick of gold stored in National Gold Reserve?
>>
File: 1467746057099.jpg (194 KB, 736x1318) Image search: [Google]
1467746057099.jpg
194 KB, 736x1318
Give him a winning smile
>>
>>48211442
>literally Jafar
Fuck, right. Disney does have some great villains
>>
>>48211452
>People that are just mildly damaged enough to have a terribly vicious streak and be severely flawed if well-intentioned people, but still make their allies say "Holy fuck, I'm glad they're on OUR side."

Perhaps the Mentats from Dune. Maybe even the Emperor if BL hadn't turned him into a moron.
>>
>>48211452
>Actually Trump would make a great BBEG if he was given one or two likeable traits.

I fucking despise Trump, but admit that he can be funny and charming to the right audience when he wants to be, in a brutish, classless way. He's also got an aura of artlessness to him -- as if he's so authentic he'll just say whatever's on his mind, at length, in a way that common people wanted to say but couldn't.

He's like your crazy uncle. Sure, he's racist, but you feel like he's got your back, and he says what he means. It doesn't matter that he's a piece of trash who is conning you; he FEELS authentic, and that's what matters.

If he weren't likable on some level, he never would have won the Republican primary.
>>
>>48209935
Wow that's closed minded.
>>
>>48211452
>Actually Trump would make a great BBEG if he was given one or two likeable traits.
compelling evil guys need a purpose. trump's more of a parasite.
>>
>>48211566
Generally national sovereignty is more than a compelling enough purpose for a villain.
>>
>>48211452
>one or two likeable traits

"tells it like it is" and "spouts our propaganda not theirs" are reasonably likeable. "alpha not beta" doesn't hurt either.
>>
>>48211488
>chaotic good
What makes you say that? Not agreeing or disagreeing, I'm genuinely interested in hearing your rationale. Soros I don't know enough about to agree or disagree and Gates I'm on board with your appraisal.
>>
File: ted-cruz-large.jpg (46 KB, 547x330) Image search: [Google]
ted-cruz-large.jpg
46 KB, 547x330
>>48209922
Boy i do love the screams of children
>>
>>48211488

> Trump
> Good

> Gates
> Neutral

Bill Gates did a lot of shady shit in order to get to the top, but in true robber baron fashion he's trying to buy his way back to morality by helping save the world. Unless he's lying about being an atheist, he's doing it purely out of altruism.

Donald Trump fucks whores behind his wife's back and brags about it, slanders war heroes and mocks disabled people.
>>
>>48211558
This is partially correct.

Trump has swagger like other great Americans like Dutch coda and patton.

He also has kind of figured out what the actual people in America, not interest groups or generalized minorities but people are pissed about. That mostly happens to be liberals acting high and mighty and morally superior without warning it. Trump is a conservative backlash to this attitude.
>>
>>48211597
Not him, but I could see it. Says what he feels is right even if it causes controversy, socially progressive well ahead of the curve, chaotic or lawful depends on your particular viewpoints.
>>
>>48211443
>Since it was made in parts, it's not considered "broken" or "destroyed" and will resume reforming the lich if ever collected in one place.)
So the villainous group are forcing a regime change so all the currency gets recalled and replaced?
>>
>>48211597
With trump its hard, depending on your definition, he wants to remove the old political class because he rightly feels that they have become too corrupt and distanced from the common man, and he wants to return to a time before that. What do you make of it?
Soros is a real life supervillian. He has literally crashed whole systems of banks, funds both domestic and external terrorism in the us (see blm) and chooses to support a new world order under socialist dogma, not for the good of others, but so he can kick the ladder down to cement his position. sounds pretty fucking evil. Thats all on record for more about soros, go to /pol/
>>
>>48211589
if he meant to sacrifice the population of new york to convince ctulhu to destroy america then it would be. but his entire actual plan is to never stop being oblivious of his own incompetence. if it works, then they deserved it.
>>
>>48211671
progressive how? in what sense rather.
>>
>>48211606

McCain certainly deserves to be mocked, the dude sincerely wants to arm terrorists with surface to air missiles etc.
>>
>>48211627

I've often said that you get the enemies you deserve. The Left is so terrible, so absolutely self-righteous and ugly and mean-spirited, that anything that triggers their snowflake sensibilities makes mainstream Americans happy. It's tempting to feel that way, just because of how monstrous the Left in America has become.

Unfortunately, in Trump, he's not a conservative backlash, he's just anti-Democrat. He's a centralizing national socialist whose racism is less masked by doublethink and paternalistic pretense. Like Mussolini, whose fascism was a heresy of socialism (not conservatism), Trump's ideology as it is is just repackaged leftist policies from the 1960s.
>>
>>48211726
Hes more of a paleo conservative if you ask me.
>>
>>48211719

Then mock him for that. That's an honest criticism, and we can have a debate about that.

But disparaging the guy for his history in Vietnam -- getting captured and mercilessly tortured, and refusing to be allowed to get sent home so he could be an example for the other POWs who weren't the sons of admirals -- is morally and intellectually indefensible, and the fact that Trump has never really apologized for it is further evidence that he is unqualified for the presidency.
>>
>>48211718
Like in terms of being the Grand Marshal of the Israeli gay pride parade and putting women in charge of construction projects, both before those were mainstream things to do. He also doesn't mind having viewpoints dissimilar to most of his base on stuff like the whole Trayvon Martin thing, trans bathrooms, the Iraq War, etc.
>>
File: 1448213654712.png (529 KB, 925x519) Image search: [Google]
1448213654712.png
529 KB, 925x519
>>48211452
or nanomachines
>>
>>48211695
He also funded radical anti-church, anti-traditionalist movements like FEMEN in every country in the world then pulled their funding when they came to Israel.
>>
>>48211590
>alpha not beta
>lies about penis size
>can't please his wife, resorts to paying for sex
>can't handle his male-pattern baldness
>can't handle opposing opinions and whines like a little bitch when proven wrong or questions are "too hard-hitting"
>can't roll with the punches and ever EVER deal well with a question that wasn't planned out and approved ahead of time
>threatens to sue anyone who makes him look bad, which often takes minimal effort.
>even the people in his OWN camp think he's a whiny, narcissistic, bitchy little egomaniac
>alpha

That's not what that word means, fool.
>>
>>48211799

If you can degrade or put down a complete traitor like McCain, who is definitely not a war hero but someone who knowingly supports the enemy and still to this day won't stop doing it, you should. People need to stop looking at him as a war hero.

He didn't pick the right way to do it, but its a tricky position to be in: faced by a coward who hides behind his veteran status. As a veteran, I hate vets who turn traitor worst of all.

>and the fact that Trump has never really apologized for it

The moment he said it? Nobody who harps on this nonsense claim has ever watched the conversation.
>>
>>48211868
The way he standing up to bullies is pretty alpha, you must admit. You have to admire the way he slammed Megyn Kelly so hard she gave herself a Trump haircut.
>>
>>48211765

Paleoconservatism stresses social traditionalism, federalism and opposition to the welfare state. Trump openly flouts sexual morality, spits on the Constitution and wants to leave Medicare and Social Security untouched. He's a leftist.
>>
>>48211558

I also think there is and was a metagame going on with Trump, similar to what happened with Brexit. People who've been shit on constantly by the economic realignment over the past 30 years had an opportunity to stick the boot in to the class that engineered it and the classes that cheer for it, and presented with the opportunity they put that boot in good and hard.

Turning it back around to the topic, a mastermind BBEG should have people who are genuinely loyal to him/her whether it be through patronage, service, tribal loyalties, long simmering resentments that they hope the BBEG redresses, whatever.

I've always liked the idea of a BBEG who runs soup kitchens and food banks as a sideline/recruiting buiseness. Looks for people needing the service who are young, smart, and angry, which is easy, as having to take a handout to survive is humiliating, then brings them into their organization gives them a job and a purpose. So you're not dealing with minions who's only tie is money or glory. The BBEGs minions are people who's families were fed by the BBEG when they were hungry, who were given a sense of purpose and meaning when they were lost and directionless, much harder to turn, and much much more likely to fight to the bitter end than hirelings.
>>
>>48211900
At this point I'd support him just to watch him pissing off liberals.
>>
>>48211726
>national socialist

Joe, is that you?
>>
>>48211799
His complete lack of manners is the least of his worries.

The guy has the temper of a 12 year old, is wholly clueless on basically anything. You really don't want someone like that given access to the US military.

Shit, the only real reason he's got a fighting chance is that in the opposite corner is Hillary Clinton who is possibly the most corrupt person ever.
>>
>>48211950
Interestingly, a lot of groups that either are or are condemned as Islamic terror groups (obviously Al Qaida for one, but some probably don't deserve that label) do heavy charity/social works projects.

The concept is doubly effective both as a shield and a way to transport provisions.
>>
>>48211950
>People who've been shit on constantly by the economic realignment over the past 30 years had an opportunity to stick the boot in to the class that engineered it and the classes that cheer for it, and presented with the opportunity they put that boot in good and hard.
To be honest, it's been worth it just to see all the suburban tears and minorities crying about how they're afraid to leave the house.
>>
File: 1439865633280.jpg (16 KB, 423x272) Image search: [Google]
1439865633280.jpg
16 KB, 423x272
>>48206002
Fuck no. Fuck that globalist and any of his lackies. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1456634709593.jpg (32 KB, 400x504) Image search: [Google]
1456634709593.jpg
32 KB, 400x504
>>48206041
Fuck you, socialist faggot.
>>
>>48211970
He's actually very calm and restrained on the prospect of using military force, ie basically never except with regards to ISIS (which is, to be fair, an organization that, without hesitation or exaggeration, openly endorses genocide and slavery), while Hillary on the other hand is extremely hot headed with regards to interventionism.
>>
File: 1468027419770.png (291 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
1468027419770.png
291 KB, 640x629
>>48206041
>>
File: Alexis-de-Tocqueville-Quote.jpg (46 KB, 800x415) Image search: [Google]
Alexis-de-Tocqueville-Quote.jpg
46 KB, 800x415
>>48206165
Who was quoted as saying the happiest time of his life was working for the nazis seizing Jews property and wealth.
Fuck Schwartz.
>>
>>48211873
>If you can degrade or put down a complete traitor like McCain, who is definitely not a war hero but someone who knowingly supports the enemy and still to this day won't stop doing it, you should. People need to stop looking at him as a war hero.

Talking about funding the FSA is not "supporting the enemy." It's the wrong position at this point because of practical issues, not moral issues.

Veteran status does not lend any authority to opinions on matters of strategy unless you had experience in strategic planning, and John McCain has never hid behind his war record to support his plans.

Besides, Trump wasn't slamming McCain because McCain was talking about arming the FSA. He was attacking McCain because he lost the '08 election. He just brought up McCain's veteran status, criticized him for being captured and tortured, and called him a loser.
>>
File: e45.png (1 MB, 680x499) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
1 MB, 680x499
>>48211970
>The guy has the temper of a 12 year old, is wholly clueless on basically anything
He decried the NATO intervention in the Yugoslav wars, has said that the military budget needs to be reduced and has said that illegal immigrants are dangerous on account of being unregistered people and potential cartel gangsters. How is that clueless?
>>
>>48212030
I don't buy that for a moment. This guy shifts his positions faster than the wind.

To be entirely, honest now is the time to go third party and try and break this toxic duopoly.
>>
>>48210790
>>48209935
>>48209976
congratulations for not answering the answer

>>48210790
>By going to /pol/. That's where political discussion belongs.
/pol/ dont allow alignment chart threads as some example.
or discussing some evil comic book character
or talking about mainstream pop music
and other stuff that may have a little relation to /pol/ and that ends with someone with

What you basically told here is to make /pol/ a new /b/ where you can only enter if you would fit on old /pol/.
This new board would have threads about everything, not only politics and if your opinion fit on /pol/ then you would be welcome there (and not welcomed on other places)
>>
>>48211900
Standing up to bullies does take some courage but that alone doesn't make one an alpha anything. The whole Megyn Kelly thing, either I missed that story or just forgot about it. Definitely haven't seen the haircut change. But I guess I'll have to give you that one based on my own lack of knowledge.
>>
>>48212200
>What you basically told here is to make /pol/ a new /b/ where you can only enter if you would fit on old /pol/.
>This new board would have threads about everything, not only politics and if your opinion fit on /pol/ then you would be welcome there (and not welcomed on other places)

also many have the same opinion about /mu/, telling users "/mu/, please leave" when people have certain musical opinions outside mu, on musically related questions, like movies soundtracks threads, game soundtracks threads, hottest musician threads.....

This means the same would have to be made to /mu/, turning it into a new /b/

Then you would need to create a new board that mix /mu/ and /pol/, since /pol/ people would complain about /mu/ on /pol/ board and vice versa.
>>
>>48212200
>congratulations for not answering the answer

I...thanks, I think?

>What you basically told here is to make /pol/ a new /b/ where you can only enter if you would fit on old /pol/.

No, what I basically said was to take political discussion to /pol/. It's really that simple. Wanna talk about how evil Soros is? /pol/ exists for that. Wanna debate Trump's hair? /pol/.

The question was 'how do I discuss political related things on /tg/' and the answer is 'get your ass to /pol/, which exists to discuss politically related things.

Now if you wanna talk about where politics and traditional games intersect, like if Trump made a new tabletop RPG or if Hillary wanted to ban DnD or something, sure, discuss it here.

But if you literally just want to talk about politics under a thin veil of /tg/ topics, get your ass to /pol/ and stop shitting up the board.
>>
>>48212172
>Shift positions faster than the wind
He's mentioned often that he's willing to negotiate on the non-core parts of his plans.
Build the wall and deport illegal immigrants, figure out what the hell is going on in the middle east and destroy ISIS, make friends with Russia, take care of the vets, make sure China doesn't get an unfair advantage, and make sure the other members of NATO are paying their due in military investment.
>>
>>48212085

>not moral issues

Arming Islamic terrorists is definitely a moral issue. We got a pass on that once because somehow we didn't know terrorism was bad.

A senator endorsing Islamic terrorists be given surface to air missiles is DEFINITELY a moral issue.

I seriously don't care for this meme that people that are victims get a free pass in life, especially when they're traitors who unironically support Islamic terrorism.

Anything that takes down a traitor who supports Islamic terrorists a peg is worth it in my book.
>>
>>48212172
>This guy shifts his positions faster than the wind.

Not on interventionism, trade, etc, no. Its not particularly hard to understand his policies: keep from wasting capital overseas and keep from depreciating the value of American labor.
>>
>>48212444

Let me break it down for you: No one is talking about arming Islamists. No one is trying to arm America's enemies -- not Obama, not McCain, not Romney, no one. The debate is over whether it's worth it to arm the anti-Assad forces and risking weapons getting into the hands of terrorists. You're allowed to take a position on it other than, "No weapons go to Syria, ever."

And if you think that Trump's comments are excusable because it's a "take-down" of someone you disagree with politically, you're a disgrace to America and participating in the slander of the Armed Forces.
>>
>>48212522
>Being this fucking retarded
Does "the future does not belong to those who slander the prophet of islam" ring a bell?
>>
>>48212522
>No one is trying to arm America's enemies -- not Obama, not McCain, not Romney, no one

Obama does arm America's enemies and McCain endorses doing so. Obama even overturned the one good thing Dubya did, which was put a ban on helping groups that use child soldiers.

>and risking weapons getting into the hands of terrorists.

Well no, its intentionally going into the hands of terrorists, no one can deny that's the intended function. The FSA, to the extent that it exists other than on paper (

The question is how many of the terrorists we are arming are also in ISIS (many of them), how many of the terrorists we are arming will defect to ISIS (thousands of them), and how many of the weapons will fall into the hands of ISIS (thousands of them), and of the remainder how many of them will continue to be gangsters, warlords, criminals, and terrorists after our specious and short sighted political goals are met (most of them).

He crossed the line from "myopic and treasonous" to "an advocate of WW3" when he endorsed arming Islamic terrorists with surface to air missiles to shoot down Russian planes.

That's the best case scenario for McCain: the best case scenario is that, if literally everything he says is truthful and nothing goes wrong, he's a diehard supporter of Islamic terrorism and wants World War 3. More likely, this is going to get allied planes shot down too, if someone listens to him.

>And if you think that Trump's comments are excusable because it's a "take-down" of someone you disagree with politically,

Standing up to people who knowingly and intentionally arm Islamic terrorists is good. Too many people respect McCain, though it seems not that many considering Trump's ratings went up afterwards.

>participating in the slander of the Armed Forces

No. Trump's the #1 fan of the military and vets of any candidate this cycle, and Trump is the #1 choice of the military and vets.

McCain's always an advocate for aggression that will kill troops.
>>
>>48212736

>inb4 "its out of context"

For those who don't watch Obama's speeches, the context was that he said "the future must not belong to those who slaughter Christians. The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam," which is a bullshit equivalency.
>>
>>48212751
source?
>>
>>48212522
>The debate is over whether it's worth it to arm the anti-Assad forces and risking weapons getting into the hands of terrorists
>AND RISKING
Make no mistakes, the anti-Assad forces are the terrorists of the future.

I want all the tyrants and dictators back. Saddam and Gadaffi and the rest of them were far better for the West than ISIS goatfuckers and a trillion Arabs/Africans 'fleeing' to Europe.
>>
File: d2929.jpg (28 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
d2929.jpg
28 KB, 550x633
>>48206041
>>48209922
>>48209935
>>
>>48212777
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/25/remarks-president-un-general-assembly

For the record, I don't think he's remotely a muslim.

Specifically what I fucking hate about this speech is: note how he repeats "the future must not belong to X." Its fair to say that the linguistic flourish of:
>the future must not belong to those who slaughter Coptic Christians in Egypt
>the future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam
>the future must not belong to a dictator who massacres his people

is intended to equate the three statements. Stop me if I'm being dishonest or unfair.

>Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims and Shiite pilgrims. It’s time to heed the words of Gandhi: "Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit."

Via a rhetorical flourish he equates intolerance to violence, and then he quotes a guy equating intolerance to violence.

Finally, I'm going to point out the speech was on the Benghazi victims, and many people were implying it happened due to a youtube video mocking Islam or Mohammed.

So in a speech to commemorate the victims of violence that were supposedly suffering from hurt feelings, he equates hurting feelings to violence repeatedly. To me, that's way beyond the pale of what's acceptable.
>>
>>48211019
>>48211327
Is this a joke? BBEG scheming chancellor is the oldest trope in the book.
>>
>>48212926
>>the future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam
The prophet is a piece of shit though. I'm honestly starting to believe Obama is a secret muslim.
>>
>>48213025
He's probably just a pandering dhimmi.
>>
did this get deleted
>>
>>48213259
Yes.
>>
>>48213305
No
>>
>>48213418
maybe
>>
>>48213537
can you repeat the question?
>>
>>48213593
you're not the boss of me now
>>
>>48205629
Funny story, I actively use George Soros as a reference point for Lowfyr whenever I run Shadowrun. IRL dragon, desu.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.