[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: dragontusks.jpg (2 MB, 2200x1200) Image search: [Google]
dragontusks.jpg
2 MB, 2200x1200
Dragon Tusks Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly
No waifus or husbandos except for Balablob or Malaclob.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa >>48173899
>>
File: interesting.jpg (30 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
interesting.jpg
30 KB, 292x219
>>48200147
First for Bretons.
>>
File: eldritch degenerates.png (174 KB, 500x924) Image search: [Google]
eldritch degenerates.png
174 KB, 500x924
Are Beastfolk sentient races that were tainted by non-Aedric forces? With the earlier they were tampered with being proportional to how much they could be changed?

>Ehlnofey + Hist = Argonian
>Ehlnofey + Azura = Khajiit
>Ehlnofey + Namira? = Sload
>Aldmer + Boethiah = Orismer
>Human + Molag Bal? = Tsaesci (recent enough to interbreed with humans)
>by the time Azura curses the Chimer we're too far from the Dawn Era for the change to be drastic, and they're still mer

I could probably bullshit some Imga, Giant and other Akaviri origins too but we know so little it seems scarcely worth the effort.
>>48200520
fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>48200520
good la.

Anyone else annoyed that they gradually moved Bretons away from being Brits and towards being filthy frogs? The french are already represented among the Mediterranean Imperials.
>>
>>48200823
Real Bretons are frogs with britbong heritage
>>
>>48200898
Real Brittany is rightful English clay and should be returned immediately.
>>
File: 2016-07-10_05-27-55.png (651 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-10_05-27-55.png
651 KB, 1920x1040
gg, Duke. Will play again sometime, this was a lot of fun.

You nearly won when your half-dead Dunmer Sorcerer manned up and beat the shit out of my Khajiiti Punchmonk with his staff. Really didn't see that coming, and it would have been a cause of panic if it wasn't so funny.
That moment, as well as the time my Dos punched out two Dunmer and sent a third fleeing in terror in a single turn, were absolutely great. 10/10 would Eye of Fear again.
Also that archer who was a certified expert at jumping away from explosions.
>>
>>48201389
Yep, good game.

Was on the receiving end of wizards getting angry one match I played with Lolpwnt, when his Sload starting punching everything to death after Skeletons weren't cutting it. Your Dos was more terrifying though.
>>
File: YYUldmD.jpg (92 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
YYUldmD.jpg
92 KB, 500x438
>>48201444
>his Sload starting punching everything to death
>>
>>48201085
Real Brittany is a Celtic land and should have independence from Norman dogs on either side of the channel
>>
File: 1445620630486.jpg (426 KB, 900x618) Image search: [Google]
1445620630486.jpg
426 KB, 900x618
>>
So we were talking about dwemer metals in /v/ and about brass and bronze, a a bit of copper.
Is there any source about where people get these things? There was mention about a copper mine, but I didn't see a source, or anything about zinc.
>>
>>48202402
I'd be surprised if the dwemer stuff was primarily bronze or brass, personally. By the point you can produce brass/bronze in that kind of quantity steel would be straight better for most applications.

Besides that, no one else appears capable of producing dwemer metal. If it was bronze or brass people would have figured that shit out centuries ago.
>>
>>48202402
Numidium is sometimes referred to as the Brass God, but this is likely more of an approximate term to how dwemer metal looks kind of similar to brass.
Brass would be a terrible material to depend on for the things we see Dwemer use their metal for.
The truth is we have no idea how the Dwemer made their signature metal.
>>
>>48202510
Well, we know it's name, Tonal Architecture, and we know roughly how it's made, but the actual material is never mentioned beyond Numidium.
>>
>>48202612
There's not really anything that indicates Dwemer metal is created through tonal architecture.
>>
>>48202655
Except for the lack of the metal anywhere in the world but from already made dwemer things.
>>
>>48202821
I really fail to see how that automatically makes it tonal architecture.
>>
>>48202932
We know tonal architecture can prevent decay
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/tonal-architecture
We know dwarven metal does not decay.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwarven_Metal
>>
>Tensions rising between the argonians and the dunmer because of the aftermath of Red Mountain's detonation. Dunmer making the stupid-ass decision to try and claim the black swamp.
>The player is in a swamp, being dragged along in a skiff, tied to the boat as dunmeri soldiers drag you along via ropes. Captured as a possible spy since nobody recognizes you.
>Argonian raid. Lizardpeople stand out of the water and plain *appear* from the swamp's foliage and descend upon the dunmeri soldiers. They're chortling in some unnatural language, obviously not normal argonians. One looms close, its eyes blazing red- clouds of smoke roiling within them.
>Stabs the player. Screen flashes red. Player can now hit a button to struggle, but he/she's tied down, unable to move.
>Stabbed again and again- obviously lethal strikes hitting home again and again. Argonian is laughing.
>Flash of blue light. Argonians thrown back. A second spell rains fire from the sky. Someone you can't see begins dragging the boat a different direction.
>Character creation scene. You're seeing yourself from above, still on the skiff, with the swamp moving behind you.
>Wake up in a dimly-lit cave to a voice saying she's sorry- She doesn't know enough healing, but there's one thing she CAN do... But it's just as likely to kill you as your injuries.

>When you wake up... You hear many voices hissing in your ear, calling you 'Child of the Root'.

You are Argonian. Technically speaking, you're Saxheel- Whatever your physical race, you're now linked with the Hist. Whenever you sleep, you end up talking to them. They comment on your active quests, give you advice, give you new quests, or even buff you if your next quest is higher level than you.

However, there's something wrong. The Hist aren't able to communicate with most of their argonians... Because they communicate via the Dreamsleeve. Which the Ideal Masters are pillaging in order to claim all of Nirn's souls.

THE ELDER SCROLLS 6: ARGONIA
>>
>>48203104
>We know tonal architecture can prevent decay
Well beyond the fact that the link you posted mentions nothing about tonal architecture preventing decay, that link isn't even an actual source, just a guys take on tonal architecture.
>We know dwarven metal does not decay
Dwemer metal clearly corrodes, just look at the pieces used to make Dwemer armor. Nothing ever says it doesn't fall apart, just that it's built to last. Also UESP isn't really a source either.
>>
>>48203934
>Well beyond the fact that the link you posted mentions nothing about tonal architecture preventing decay
>Thus, Sunder could cause a resonance with the Heart, creating a single tone. Keening, bearing a force which tears the immortal apart, then took that tone and reduced it to its components, shaping them as needed.

>that link isn't even an actual source
>Also UESP isn't really a source either.
I'm not even gonna bother addressing this.
>>
>>48204005
>Thus, Sunder could cause a resonance with the Heart, creating a single tone. Keening, bearing a force which tears the immortal apart, then took that tone and reduced it to its components, shaping them as needed.
Three points here
First off, this line still makes no mentioning of tonal architecture being specifically capable of preventing decay, you are just getting that idea from your own shaken down interpretation of the line which is ironic given:
Two, this is, as I said, just some guys conjecture on rather vague source material to begin with.
And lastly, you do realize the effects involved with Kagrenac's Tools are derived from the Heart, right? There's no specific magical tonal power that allows them to make shit immortal, Kagrenac's Tools can do what they do because they take power from a divine source (i.e something only Kagrenac's Tools were ever designed to do).
>I'm not even gonna bother addressing this
Are you serious, do you honestly not realize why you shouldn't be quoting those links as sources?
>>
>>48204208
I think he's counting "bearing a force which tears the immortal apar"

To mean that tonal architecture is "Immortal"
>>
File: Best_Wizard.jpg (108 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Best_Wizard.jpg
108 KB, 400x400
>>48204208
You're trying to argue that because it doesn't state letter for letter that the metal is made from tonal architecture that it's false.
Sorry child, not much is blatantly spelled out that isn't game mechanics.
I suggest you take some time in the op and learn a bit if you're gonna continue posting here, save everyone the trouble.
>>
>>48204477
Is he supposed to just accept the theory because it's a theory? It's almost entirely based off of conjecture, a nice idea but not much supporting it.

Like he said, Dwemer metal may be resistant to corrosion but is clearly still worn down over time, just look at Morrowind's armor. Plus, given how seriously the use of tonal architecture was taken by the Dwemer and how they argued over it, I don't think it would be used for something as mundane as blessing their metals.
>>
>>48204603
Okay.
How else did they make the metal.
>>
>>48204614
Alloy technology.
>>
>>48204635
What alloy technology
And make sure you have proper sources!
>>
File: it's time.gif (2 MB, 298x188) Image search: [Google]
it's time.gif
2 MB, 298x188
>>48203761
>mfw i main an argonian punchmonk with restoration magic who smites the fuck out of undead
>>
>>48204614
They probably just had some secret recipe/tools that nobody has been able to recreate, but there's not really any information on that, so I don't know.
>>
>>48204733
Yeah, we call that tonal architecture
>>
>>48204733
Are you arguing against existence of Tonal Architecture?
>>
>>48205284
I think he's arguing against the application of tonal architecture on metal.
Maybe like a solvent they dipped metal in to make it the fancy dwemer metal.
>>
File: ESOinanutshell.png (151 KB, 417x276) Image search: [Google]
ESOinanutshell.png
151 KB, 417x276
Any funny book recommendations?
>>
File: considerhorse.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
considerhorse.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
>>48205398
So it's just ebony?
>>
>>48202500
Bronze may be better for resonancy and such, so it's more suitable for tonal architecture
>>
>>48203761
not bad, not bad at all
>>
>>48205491
Not exactly. It's a heart vein, not blood.
>>
>>48204208
>>48203934
I bet you're the sperg that argued about map sizes a while ago
>>
>>48203761
Not what I would have gone with, but pretty cool. Would buy, given some good reviews.
>>
>>48203761
Cool idea (especially if we can fuck up the Ideal Masters) but I'd rather we get a little closure to the Thalmor's story.
>>
File: Racial Boons and Flaws.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Racial Boons and Flaws.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Added like 1 last boon, fixed most of the grammatical errors,added Suthay and Ohmes rules.

Read it, critique it, make suggestions (for the love of sweet rolls make suggestions).
For those not in the last thread the source-game is Barbarians of Lemuria. This is also not a part of the end-product, just a list to help me organize the Boons/Flaws until I've reached my target numbers.
>>
>>48203761
>"hist powers" instead of shouts

But seriously I can see that work or even happen. They would also get bonus nostalgia points for all the dunmeri culture and influence present.
>>
>>48206020
Altmer:
Flaws:
>Elemental Weakness - Weakness to Fire, Cold and Electric.
>Life of Comfort - Summerset Isle is temperate and comfortable, you're not used to harsh weather and environments.

Bosmer:
Flaws:
>Manlet - You will never learn.

Khajiit:
Boons:
>Soft Paws: You're all silent and sneaky.
>Nomad - You know your way around a desert.

Orsimer:
Boons:
>Hardy - You're one tough motherfucker.
>Mountain Folk - You're used to living in the mountains.

Flaws:
>Unfavourable Visage - You look like a fucking Orc.

Redguard:
Boons:
>Sailor - The coastal Redguards are a maritime people.

Flaws:
>Crown/Forebear.
>>
File: telvannidustadept.jpg (2 MB, 1945x2985) Image search: [Google]
telvannidustadept.jpg
2 MB, 1945x2985
What do we know about pic related?
>>
>>48206204
I'm 30% sure the helm is naturally enchanted with water breathing
>>
>>48206200
I was lumping the elemental weaknesses into taking extra damage from spells in general, but I've added Life of Comfort, Nomad, Hardy, Mountain Folk, Unfavorable Visage, and Sailor.
ty
>>
>>48206204
N'wahs be hating on your Bonemold threads and receive minus disposition to Fine Clothier merchants unless it's run by traditionalist Dunmer.
>>
>>48206200
>Bosmer:
>Flaws:
>Manlet - You will never learn.
kek
>>
>>48206200
>Crown/Forebear
Could you elaborate? Do you mean to penalize them as I do Khajiit and Dunmer for having bad reps pre-standing?
>>
>>48206200
>>48206290
> 1. Diminutive – Bosmer are among the shortest people of Tamriel, but even then you are short among Bosmer; standing strait at around 3'6”. Your slight stature grants you a +1 bonus to all Sneak rolls, but you 2 less LB than normal.
>>
File: nordicon.png (72 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
nordicon.png
72 KB, 250x250
>>48206380
>being a manlet among bosmer
By Jhunal, am I glad that the short Nords among us atleast fit in well with Bretons
>>
From 'On the Utility of Marbles and Needles'

>"Kindly serve me an infusion of chal, a marble, and a leather-sewing needle," said the Dwemer.
>"Haw, haw," guffawed the Nord. "Shor's bones! The little milk-drinker's going to play pick-up-sticks, but he can handle only one stick!"
>"At least I don't swear by a god who is not only imaginary, but dead," said the Dwemer, as the barkeep placed his items on the counter.

smack talk is real
>>
File: tipping is dead.jpg (47 KB, 464x528) Image search: [Google]
tipping is dead.jpg
47 KB, 464x528
>>48206814
damn
>>
>>48203761
Can i kek the trees and support the empire instead? Would be nice to have a setting where the Empire gets serious in trying to control Black-marsh.
>>
>>48206221
If not, that's always one of the things I enchant them with.
>>
>>48206634
>Actual retards fitting in with Bretons.

Jehenna was a mistake.
>>
Hey anons, gonna play an Alchemist, can you tell me if I need any Alchemical tools other than ingredients and vials? I looked all through the book, but couldn't find anything, so I'm a bit confused. Surely I need special reagents and stuff?
>>
>>48207308
Nah, Alchemy is fairly straight forward. Maybe keep track of the moon cycles since it does play a part in Calcination according to Argonians.
>>
>>48207308
What game?
>>
>>48207393
The only game that has vials, I presume.
>>
>>48207422
I don't know of any games that use vials, but now that I think of it he might be asking an rp question about tabletop.
>>48207308
Don't forget your mortar & pestle, alembic, calcinator, and retort for refining the ingredients.
>>
>>48207460
Morrowind. Morrowind have vials and bottles and beakers.

A real shame the other games don't, considering I like to put those on my Alchemy Table.
>>
>>48207544
No it really, not actually used in alchemy anyway. And if you count decorative clutter, then all games (at least morrowind forward, haven't played daggerfall yet and didn't get very far in arena) have vials
>>
>>48207596
For roleplaying, anon. To carry with you for Alchemy.

And I don't recall beakers or vials in Oblivion, or even Skyrim. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the closest you get is the standard equipment (Not even that in Skyrim, just an alembic strapped to a table), and the finished product.
>>
Thinking of going back to skyrim after the travesty of fallout 4.

What are the most fun gameplay mods?
>>
>>48207646
iirc oblivion had a test tube rack
>>
>>48207659
Yeah, Fallout 4 was sadly, a horrible wreck.

The survival ones are nice. Things like RND and Frostfall.

Mostly the best things are there to enhance the experience as a whole, and not to make it something else. Things like When Vampires Attack, or Sneak Tools.
>>
>>48207702
There is no such thing.

However, I did discover that Transmuting mineral ore has been a thing since Oblivion.
>>
>>48207659
look through the tesgeneral site, it covers most necessities and will leave you with a good foundation to further build upon
>>
Found this and thought you guys might enjoy it.
>>
>>48207255
Farrun has nordic influence aswell, right?
>>
File: imperialarmor.jpg (50 KB, 736x492) Image search: [Google]
imperialarmor.jpg
50 KB, 736x492
>>48207086
Read the argonian account, empire can't do shit in black marsh.
>>
>>48207969
It's not really mentioned, but presumably.
>>
>>48207925
I love it.
>>
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Asylum_Ball
Every story I hear about Pelagius III makes me feel really sorry for him. Sheogorath's quest in Skyrim, brief history of the empire, Wolf Queen... anyone got more?
>>
>>48207659
>>48207825
>tesgeneral site
You're better off downloading that 400 compiled mod on Skyrim.ru
>>
>>48207987
Oh, it wouldn't be the legions doing the taking over. I'm thinking more of the nebenean style political maneuvering and conspiracy.
>>
File: ebonheartpact.jpg (661 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
ebonheartpact.jpg
661 KB, 800x1200
>>48208634
What gain would there be for stuck-up nibenese nobles in black marsh?
>>
>>48208731
If the Infernal City is a good indicator, stopping them from being swamp niggers and giving them actual trade.
>>
File: summersetconceptart.jpg (476 KB, 1400x750) Image search: [Google]
summersetconceptart.jpg
476 KB, 1400x750
Can someone explain the thalmor endgame to me?
>>
>>48208809
1. enslave/kill anyone who isn't mer.
2. re-ascend to Aetherius to live with the gods as they once did.
So its bullshit really.
>>
>>48208888
Never really says anything about enslaving, and the kill bit is from Kirkles, so it goes with a grain of salt.

Nonetheless, witnessed.
>>
>>48208731
Fresh Argonian Cloaca.

JK lets say a group like the synod or the college of whispers found a mcguffin that deeply interest several empire aligned powerful shadow figures. Said shadow figures pulled strings to make a covert dicking of Black Marsh
>>
File: toddwilson.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
toddwilson.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
>>48208888
Should've been more specific. How do they plan to achieve the second?

They're trying to tear down the towers and crash creation with no survivors right?
>>
>>48208780
>>48208925
I don't see how there's anything of value in Black Marsh though
>>
>>48208888
Isn't simply to undo everything since year 1? Though i think the only thing that would do is to finally kill all the Aedra.

Witnessed.
>>
>>48208970
It involves Histy shit. And probably potential expensive valuable imports. Like Feathered-Serpent feathers, or spit gland.
>>
>Somewhere in elsweyr, a tiny bosmer-like woman is happily married to a giant talking tiger. They have several children, are quite happy, and all their friends and family are ok with this.
>>
>>48204477
To clear this up because apparently you don't understand.
No, I'm trying to argue that because you are trying to squeeze out meaning from a person's POST that is doing the exact same thing from barebones source material, that this is in no way evidence for anything.
Not to mention the connection you are using it for has no real foundation to begin with.
>>
File: 1422982463952.jpg (62 KB, 950x960) Image search: [Google]
1422982463952.jpg
62 KB, 950x960
>>48208970
There was no mention of the Eye of Magnus in previous games either. Beth can just come up with some new artifact that's powerful enough to warrant serious interest from several groups with conflicting interests.
>>
>>48208970
By that same logic, there's no need to have 80% of Hammerfell.

Land=Power. When those lands have people who can trade and it has natural resources, that's even better.
>>
>>48209007
>Khajiit
>Married
>>
>>48208970
I can easily see a small Imperial scientific expedition delving deep into Black marsh and discovering some great source of wealth or magical power. Remember the Argonians are only the symbiotic servants of the Hist. Who knows what sort of magic ancient sentient trees might have harnessed, maybe they have their own bio-engineering based magic that lets them mould living flesh. That knowledge alone would be invaluable. Maybe old Herma is influencing the imperial expedition so he can learn the secrets of the hist.
>>
File: khajiits_by_1ndajone5-d5i9xan.jpg (325 KB, 724x912) Image search: [Google]
khajiits_by_1ndajone5-d5i9xan.jpg
325 KB, 724x912
>>48209007
>>
Let's settle this once and for all.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10714014
>>
>>48209007
female bosmer aren't too small though, it's the males who are merlets

khajiit and bosmer don't like each other too much, but I can imagine relationships between different breeds of khajiit being unusual

alfiq and pahmar/senche
>>
File: hermaeusmorastatue.jpg (288 KB, 1024x621) Image search: [Google]
hermaeusmorastatue.jpg
288 KB, 1024x621
>>48209022
>hermaeusflora
I like it
>>
File: morrowindroom.jpg (237 KB, 891x896) Image search: [Google]
morrowindroom.jpg
237 KB, 891x896
>>48209116
Limeware is the most expensive but I find myself biased towards redware, because it's so simple and homely.

My favourite houses are never the super fancy ones, it's the comfy shacks. Not exactly poor either, it'd still be well furnished.
>>
>>48209178
The bosmeri looking Khajiit have facial tattoos and the women are as short as the males.

And can't get pregnant by non-khajiit. The purrfect combination for a mistress.
>>
File: Elsweyr News.png (1 MB, 1159x1553) Image search: [Google]
Elsweyr News.png
1 MB, 1159x1553
>>48209178
He's talking about Ohmes, not actual Bosmer.
>>
>>48208970
Eye of Argonia is supposed to be the key to some ancient as fuck, probably even pre-Hist city in Black Marsh.
>>
>>48209116
>>48209226
This. Nothing is more comfy than warm colored earthen pottery.

Also, Limeware is pretty acidic in real life, so the reason it's expensive is more likely because somebody lost their finders making it. The antithesis of comfy, but fairly metal.
>>
>Skyrim's 200 year leap from the events of Oblivion effectively killed off 99% of NPCs 'offscreen'
JUST RED MOUNTAIN MY SHIT UP
>>
>>48209245
>>48209246
Oh I see.

I'm no furry but I wouldn't mind wifing an Ohmes. Anything more furry than that (literally all other variations, even Ohmes-Raht) I wouldn't do.
>>
>>48209178

No actual bosmer involved, it's just that Ohmes khajiit are indistinguishable from bosmer except by being a bit shorter. Khajiit and bosmer are probably related.

Which makes me wonder if ohmes ever get sent to bosmer lands as spies.
>>
File: 800px-MW-quest-Ahnassi.jpg (136 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-MW-quest-Ahnassi.jpg
136 KB, 800x600
>>48209364
Maybe for diplomatic reasons, but the tattoos are pretty prominent, and even then, those serve to exaggerate their already more feline features.

>>48209345
DELETE THIS.
>>
>>48209364
Ohmes get their faces tattoed so they don't look like Bosmer.
>>
>>48209301
My redware redguard
>>
With the way Khajiit procreate, pregnancy planning, contraception and abortions are probably important as fuck in Elsweyr.
>>
>>48209423
sorry

I did change the 'waifus' in the OP to Ahnassi a few threads back though
>>
>>48209345
What are you, some kind of faggotsexual?
I bet you don't even have a special friend.
>>
>>48200147
Now this at least looks like a real dragon.
What mod is this from?
>>
From 'The Horror of Castle Xyr'

>CLAVIDES (looking at the armor): Your master is a big man.
>ANARA (laughing): Oh, serjo, don't tease. That's giant armor, just for decoration. My master slew that giant ten years ago, and kind of keeps it for a souvenir. For you.
>>
File: skyrim.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
skyrim.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1200
>>48209524
Diverse dragons collection 2.0
>>
File: Xyr.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Xyr.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>48209600
Tell me about Sedura Kena Telvanni Hordalf Xyr, what does he keep in his dungeon?
>>
>>48209301
Earthen pottery makes for shitty utensils.
They make pretty good cooking pots though.Gives off an earthy flavour.
>>
>>48207460
No, as in, UESRPG, I will be playing an alchemist and the tools table has nothing alchemical-related other than ingredients and vials
>>
File: khajiit_by_quidames-d9o0rck.png (5 MB, 2335x1412) Image search: [Google]
khajiit_by_quidames-d9o0rck.png
5 MB, 2335x1412
>>48209479
Maybe, but probably not as important as you'd think. Especially not in Elsweyr proper.
Remember that "different but equal" is a very important concept in both Khajiiti politics, tradition and religion. Their morphology isn't just a system that might accidentally screw you over, the Khajiit believe that all their shapes are not only equal, but that all have their purpose. They're supposed to be different, it's one of Azurah's gifts to them.
>"And Azurah in her wisdom made them of many shapes, one for every purpose."

Also, most Khajiit live in large family/clan/tribe units (varies from area to area), and childcare is a communal activity. So if two parents of a smaller breed get a Senche-rath, the family will help raise that child. So unless you're in a position where you don't have family/friends/clan to support you, Khajiiti society is geared towards raising all their weird kids.

Now, if you're for example a couple that live outside of Elsweyr, and with no Khajiiti community around you, then it probably makes sense for you to avoid giving birth to a housecat. But if you're surrounded by friends, family and clan, then everything goes.
>>
>>48209345
>>48209423
>>48209496
I feel like it's something I would try out if I lived in Tamriel, but later regret or have to hide.

I'm fairly confident that I could still do the job right, though, even without barbs. I'm sure oral isn't a think with khajiits due to sandpaper tongues, and I'm pretty good with my hands that don't have razor sharp claws on them.
>>
>>48209764
>shitty facepaint
Eh.
Also those eyes are creepy as fuck.
>>
>>48209659
There aren't redware utensils. Just silver and wood.
>>
>>48209764
>cat ears
>human ears
>for what purpose.jpg
>>
>>48209788
Yeah, I just couldn't find any pictures of female Khajiits or catgirls.
>>
>>48209841
You can't exactly remove human ears.
>>
>>48209854
Oh, you can.
>>
>>48209849
Did you even try?

>>48209854
You can if you're dedicated enough.
>>
>>48209764
> not liking a little bite in your bj
>>
>>48209849
nigger, google "Female Khajiit," +art/fanart/illustrations and you'll get literally thousands of images
>>
>>48209750
I thought Khajiit would plan the kitten's form depending on what are the clan's needs.
>>
>>48209875
No, because it's not really that important, and finding pictures of catgirls on the internet is probably something you have more experience with.
>>
File: words to hurt me most.jpg (104 KB, 722x690) Image search: [Google]
words to hurt me most.jpg
104 KB, 722x690
>>48209905
>and finding pictures of catgirls on the internet is probably something you have more experience with.
>>
File: 001zxg.jpg (416 KB, 1852x1258) Image search: [Google]
001zxg.jpg
416 KB, 1852x1258
>>48209905
>finding pictures of catgirls on the internet is probably something you have more experience with
Yeah, I actually know how to google, which it seems you haven't figured out yet.
Besides catgirls is way too vanilla.
>>
>>48209849
here's a ton of them
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Female+Khajiit+art
>>
File: 1422359719128.jpg (141 KB, 593x894) Image search: [Google]
1422359719128.jpg
141 KB, 593x894
>>48209944
I'm sure you'll live.

If it makes you feel better, I'm not sorry in the slightest.
>>
>>48209944
>>48209974
It's not nice to make fun of the mentally retarded.
>>
Is incense a thing in TES?
>>
>>48210098
Yes, of course.
>>
>>48210089
I didn't want to google, so I used a pic of shitty cosplay I saved years ago.

Why do you get tremendously upset over trivial things?
>>
>>48210098
Yes.
>>
>>48210125
So is it mentioned in a book or something?
>>
>>48210098
Why the fuck no.
http://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=incense+-online
>>
>>48210138
I was just trying to speak up for you.
>>
>>48210161
in arena when you enter the mages guild i believe, it mentions the scent of incense
>>
>>48210161
>go on uesp
>search "incense"
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Kesh_the_Clean
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:2920,_The_Last_Year_of_the_First_Era#Book_Four:_Rain.27s_Hand
That's both dialogue and book.
>>
>>48210161
It's such a basic thing you don't even need to ask.
>>
>>48210225
My friend was arguing that it's not a thing, so I just wanted a specific source.
>>
>>48210253
Your friend may be in denial, or hiding something.
>>
>>48210253
Tell your friend he is a retard.
>>
>>48207925
Getting strong Dalí vibes, nice
>>
>>48210189
That's interesting. I really did like how in arena and daggerfall, they used descriptions like smells or the seasons. I wish more games did that.
>>48210276
Yeah, it thought it was fairly strange, too. As a general rule, I assume TES has everything the real world has, like camels and dolphins.
>>
>>48208609
>using compilations
fucking disgusting anon, whats wrong with you?
>>
>>48210277
Will do.
>>
>>48208609
>Skyrim.ru
Page doesn't exist, care to share a link?
>>
File: elder scrolls dolphins.jpg (102 KB, 820x722) Image search: [Google]
elder scrolls dolphins.jpg
102 KB, 820x722
>>48210311
>I assume TES has everything the real world has, like camels and dolphins
That's true, but in TES they have tusks.
>>
File: af1.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
af1.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
>>48209116
>Not getting Limeware to match your skooma pipe.

Absolutely disgusting
>>
Fun fact: Limeware is actually Dwemer in origin.
>>
File: the-discourse.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
the-discourse.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>48204664
Never game with metallugists.

Or doctors, lawyers, GIs, or fucking cab drivers for that matter.

>hurr, [thing] doesn't work like that in the real world.

Good thing this isn't the real world, then.
>>
>>48209996
that's a big cat
>>
File: four ewe.jpg (900 KB, 1528x964) Image search: [Google]
four ewe.jpg
900 KB, 1528x964
>>48210473
>>
>>48210448
Source?
>>
>>48210454
Went through nursing school, can confirm that I get annoyed at medical or anatomical discrepancies in games.
>>
>>48200682
This actually sounds fairly reasonabke, honestly. Your examples check out.
>>
>>48210351
http://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_p152425847#post152425847
>>
>>48210494
>[exotic items] Well, some of the finer materials are hard to come by these days. While it would be nice to have such items as dwarven limeware, it has become too difficult to obtain it.
>the whole [dwarven limeware] topic
Also look at the designs, limeware items have dwemer runes on them.
>>
>>48209600
>love Castle Xyr
>rec'd it last thread
>never noticed this
>>
>>48210587
thanks

>>48210311
there are camels in ESO
>>
>>48210600
That's really interesting. Thank you, anon.
This also explains why it's so expensive, although it does make me question why the consensus office had a Limeware Platter before the Nerevarine came along.
>>
>>48210722
Yeah, I remember discussing that, and trying to find the fireside chat with MK where he mentions Hoonding having a camel.
>>
>>48210730
The strange part is that the only Dwemer ruin you can find limeware in is Sorkvild's tower. But I guess it's just a minor fuckup on Beth's part.
>>
>>48210712
Thanks for the big list pal. I just got around to finishing all of yours and the other guy's recommendations.
>>
File: 2.jpg (606 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
606 KB, 1680x1050
Those who have done TESO's Craglorn/star gazer/fallen constellations quest line, what do you think about it?
>>
File: 1420464386198.jpg (20 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1420464386198.jpg
20 KB, 420x300
>>48210586
Thanks anon. I was just about to start moping.
It's been hinted that giants are from elven stock and the Kamal & Tang Mo take inspiration from demonic figures so I think it could carry through. It might also explain Imga's Altmer obsession.
It falls a part a little when I try to apply it to Goblin-ken though. Since they're so different that they'd have to be created early but connected to Malacath so they'd have to wait until then. Maybe Malacath's a combination of Trinimac and a preexisting goblin daedra? idk
>>
File: morrowinddwemersphere1.png (508 KB, 769x541) Image search: [Google]
morrowinddwemersphere1.png
508 KB, 769x541
Sotha Sil teaching some kids on the Isle of Artaeum:

He pulled a small fibrous ball, about a foot in diameter from his white robes.
“What is this?”
The students understood this test. It asked them to cast a spell of identification on the mysterious object. Each initiate closed his or her eyes and imagined the ball in the realm of the universal Truth. Its energy had a unique resonance as all physical and spiritual matter does, a negative aspect, a duplicate version, relative paths, true meaning, a song in the cosmos, a texture in the fabric of space, a facet of being that has always existed and always will exist.
“A ball,” said a young Nord named Welleg, which brought giggles from some of the younger initiates, but a frown from most, including Sotha Sil.
“If you must be stupid, at least be amusing,” growled the sorcerer, and then looked at a young, dark-haired Altmer lass who looked confused. “Lilatha, do you know?”
“It's grom,” said Lilatha, uncertainly. “What the dreugh meff after they've k-k-kr-krevinasim.”
“Karvinasim, but very good, nonetheless,” said Sotha Sil. “Now, tell me, what does that mean?”
“I don't know,” admitted Lilatha. The rest of the students also shook their heads.

(1/2)
>>
File: morrowinddwemersphere2.png (342 KB, 375x541) Image search: [Google]
morrowinddwemersphere2.png
342 KB, 375x541
>>48211105

“There are layers to understanding all things,” said Sotha Sil. “The common man looks at an object and fits it into a place in his way of thinking. Those skilled in the Old Ways, in the way of the Psijic, in Mysticism, can see an object and identify it by its proper role. But one more layer is needed to be peeled back to achieve understanding. You must identify the object by its role and its truth and interpret that meaning. In this case, this ball is indeed grom, which is a substance created by the dreugh, an underwater race in the north and western parts of the continent. For one year of their life, they undergo karvinasim when they walk upon the land. Following that, they return to the water and meff, or devour the skin and organs they needed for land-dwelling. Then they vomit it up into little balls like this. Grom. Dreugh vomit.”
The students looked at the ball a little queasily. Sotha Sil always loved this lesson.

(2/2)

That last line though. Classic Sotha.

Wish we knew more about him, Vivec and Almalexia have a lot more lore.
>>
Trying to tell my friend that Alchemy in TEs is another form of magic, not some weird chemistry with magical ingredients.

Any sources proving me right or him right?
>>
>>48211224
"The alchemy discipline is the processing and refinement of ingredients and materials through arcane processes to elicit and preserve their subtle, hidden magical effects in alchemical potions."
So I guess it's both magic and weird chemistry.
>>
>>48211273
Where'd you get that?
>>
>>48211224
I think I recall a passage about chanting in Alchemy. I think it was in the context of being about Altmer creating standardized chants.
>>
File: 1386512139209.png (338 KB, 810x664) Image search: [Google]
1386512139209.png
338 KB, 810x664
Where do the bulk of non-sapient species (animals & monsters) come from according to Tamrielic religion?
>>
>>48211332
Morrowind dialogues.
>>
>>48211659
The thing about Tamrielic religion is that they're pretty much, uh, right. From a certain point of view.

Anyway, I figure that animals were just born from the Earth Bones alongside the rest of Nirn.
>>
>>48211659
Different ones were made by different greater beings, others are just feedback from the creation of the universe, and others still are older than Tamriel..
>>
File: can-count-to.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
can-count-to.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
>>48211224

What the hell is it with 12 year-olds coming on here to win arguments with other twelve year-olds over stupid shit?

Mix some marshmerrow and wickwheat in a mortar and pestle, and if what you get is "magic". Then get back to me.
>>
>>48211659
Some are degenerated Ehlnofey.
Some are extra-Kalpic creatures.
Some are twisted by daedric influence.
Some are remnants of Wild Hunts.
Some are Divine spawn.
>>
>>48211798

Somebody has to do a report on his favorite video game for summer school, and, ugh, has to come up with, like, sources and shit. It's total BS, y'know?
>>
File: 1401825259636.jpg (24 KB, 233x318) Image search: [Google]
1401825259636.jpg
24 KB, 233x318
>>48211798
>>
>>48211092
I wouldn't say it falls apart. There's just a LOT of races, so there's always room for more explanations.
Also, when in douby, just claim a race as fragments of the previous kalpa. "Get out of jail free" card.
>>
File: Rude.gif (3 MB, 209x229) Image search: [Google]
Rude.gif
3 MB, 209x229
>>48211798
>>
>>48211105
>>48211128
That lesson is, unfortunately, something that likely never really happened.
2920 is historical fiction, very well researched historical fiction, but still historical fiction.
The majority of the conversations are just embellishment.
>>
File: big guy.jpg (56 KB, 747x187) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
56 KB, 747x187
>>48209600
I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed this
>>
>>48212058
I know most books aren't 100% true. It's just something I wanted to share cause I like this sotha sil guy
>>
>>48210454

Engineering grad here.

"It's magic, stfu" usually works for me.

>I like magic with consistent rules tho

On another note, are there any mods for Skyrim that have more food/ingredient effects? Like a mod with a similar system to Fallout, where you can get addicted t drugs/alcohol?

>Do they have skooma/moonsugar pipes?
>>
File: loreforcasuals.jpg (1 MB, 780x7000) Image search: [Google]
loreforcasuals.jpg
1 MB, 780x7000
Oblivion's potato faces weren't poor design, it's actual lore. Fetal alcohol syndrome is rampant in Cyrodiil.

t. loremaster
>>
File: 1464947203768.png (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1464947203768.png
6 KB, 225x225
>>48211851
How does kalpic gobshite even work? Like, at what point does The Monomyth cut off? Before Anu & Padomay? After the creation of Mundus? Is it the same 8 Aedra & 16 Daedra & 1 Nirn in every kalpa?
>>
>>48212510
8 & 9 are news to me
>>
File: anime convention.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
anime convention.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>48212741
Convention.
>>
>>48212741
>Like, at what point does The Monomyth cut off?
Convention, when they shoot off Lorkhan's heart and Aka splits into pieces.
>>
File: vivec 5.jpg (6 KB, 315x160) Image search: [Google]
vivec 5.jpg
6 KB, 315x160
>>48212781
Wait, If Gil is meant to be Trinimac, and Ilya is Lorkhan, who is Shirou supposed to be in this analogy? Kyne?
Also, wouldn't that make those maids into Stuhn and Berserker into Tsun, or the other way around?
Or would the maids be Stuhn and Tsun each, and Berserker as someone else?

Also, I assume that this would also make the Grail Aka-Tusk, so would Kirei be Arkay?
>>
>>48212781
I see you took anon's advice. Good man.
>>48212802
Alright then so the gap between Convention and the beginning of the Merethic Era is full of prior timelines that solidified and dissolved only the solidify into something else? Some of which are theorized to be where Dreughs/Hist/Yokudans come from?
>and Aka splits into pieces.
Okay now this is news to me. I thought Aka didn't split until the Dance of the Selectives, which is the whole "Akaotsh = Lorkhan" thing happened.
>>
>>48212917
You're reading way too much into this, onii-f'lah.
>>
>>48212917
Gil is Padhome, Ilya is Nir, Shirou is Anu. Or the other way around, Gil is Anu the Everything and Shirous is Padhome the Change. Grail is the Creation.
>>
>>48212942
>the gap between Convention and the beginning of the Merethic Era

Doesn't Merethic begin basically at the instant time becomes linear?
>>
>>48212510
>sources true stl?
>>
how much influence do daedric prices have? can they control time?
You can get oghma infinium in oblivion, and then in skyrim again but it is locked in ancient dwemer box buried in a glacier.
did mora moved it there, or are there more than one oghmas?
>>
>>48212942
>I thought Aka didn't split until the Dance of the Selectives, which is the whole "Akaotsh = Lorkhan" thing happened
That is pretty much made up lore, what's known about the Selectives is that they wanted Auriel to not be Akatosh.

All we truly know about Aka is that it broke when his "perch from Eternity allowed the day"
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/etada-eight-aedra-eat-dreamer
A quote, cross referenced to PGE1's introduction,
>To AKATOSH whose perch from Eternity allowed the Day
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/pocket-guide-empire-and-its-environs-first-edition

The term "day" is likely intended to be interpreted as 'the end of dawn' as in when Akatosh became linear and ended the Dawn to bring the 'day' of which mundane existence comes out of.
>>
We can assume that if Almalexia looks chimer and Vivec looks half Dunmer-half Chimer, then Sotha Sil would look full dunmer right?
>>
File: 1463508849913.jpg (120 KB, 540x550) Image search: [Google]
1463508849913.jpg
120 KB, 540x550
>>48213187
I assume the OI returns to Mora every time someone reads it and is placed again somewhere nice and convenient by the Prince.
>>
File: housedagoth.png (92 KB, 128x256) Image search: [Google]
housedagoth.png
92 KB, 128x256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5lfrn0YHYQ

>>48213187
Daedric artifacts frequently change owner. It does raise questions about time because dwemer wouldn't just leave a giant empty box.
>>
>>48213261
It'd make sense, after all he was the one to encourage the Dunmer to wear their new faces as New Mer.
>>
File: engravedringofCHIM.jpg (166 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
engravedringofCHIM.jpg
166 KB, 1024x768
>>48213277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l83vT2svg3g
>>
>>48213293
Very fitting of the anticipation of Azura. 2920 also mentions Sotha Sil as a dunmer, but as an Anon before me already said, it's historical fiction.

>>48213308
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfOyk9XXnQc
There's something musical about Dagoth's Ur voice. I think I know what 'The Poison Song' is.
>>
>>48213267
>>48213187

I think it was put there and raided by the last person to have the Ogmha, to keep it from Mora.

Probably CoC/Sheo just to dick with him
>>
File: 1454959675143.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454959675143.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>48213277
>>48213308
>>48213329
Urge to join House Dagoth grows.
>>
>>48213187
Mora being the prince of fate, is known to have true influence over time according to the Census of Daedra Lords.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/imperial-census-daedra-lords
Though the same can't really be said with certainty when regarding the other Daedra Lords.
>>
>>48213365
wow, nice, source on that pic?
>>
From 2902:

>“Well, you're not thinking of staying here, are you?” laughed Cassyr. “It's certainly quaint, but come wintertide, there's going to be snow up to your eyelashes. It's no place for a new baby. What is her name?”
>“Bosriel. It means 'Beauty of the Forest.' Where are you going?”

So 'riel' means 'beauty'. What does the 'au' in 'au-riel' mean then?
>>
>>48213441
Eh, probably nicked it off /tgesg/. If someone knows actual source I'd appreciate it too.
>>
>>48213378
Hermaeus Mora confirmed to be Akatosh of the last kalpa with still some of his powers left
>>
>>48213470
Auriel is Auri-el, though. As far as I know.
>>
File: canisroottea.png (180 KB, 400x558) Image search: [Google]
canisroottea.png
180 KB, 400x558
>>48213365
>>48213441
>>48213473
here you go f'lahs

http://tomhanch.deviantart.com/art/Akulakhan-Construction-585906065
>>
>>48213473
>>48213441
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Akulakhan-Construction-585906065
>>
File: herma mora.png (61 KB, 1534x409) Image search: [Google]
herma mora.png
61 KB, 1534x409
>>48213483
nah brah
elder scroll
>>
>>48213489
Oh wow you're right, I'm a dumbass.

While we're on the subject, are there any other dunmer names using Riel?
>>
>>48213501
>>48213506
>Histmind
>>
File: Дагот_Ур.png (384 KB, 571x1028) Image search: [Google]
Дагот_Ур.png
384 KB, 571x1028
>>48213506
>>48213501
Thanks.
>>
As some of you know already by the comments I'm leaving, I'm reading 2920.

Are there any TES books longer than it?

Oh, and I'm going to bed now. Leave the thread alive for me please.
>>
File: masterneloth.png (175 KB, 254x292) Image search: [Google]
masterneloth.png
175 KB, 254x292
>>48213542
>>48213543
Neloth is always quicker though. That's how he prevents getting mind controlled without even knowing how Miraak mind controls people.
>>
File: 1413760542056.jpg (129 KB, 788x613) Image search: [Google]
1413760542056.jpg
129 KB, 788x613
>>48213547
The Lessons, I'd say.
>>
>>48213543
Dagoth Ur
>>
>>48213581
Welcomes You
>>
>>48213590
My sweet, persistent friend!
>>
>>48213590
I remember him from Morrowind
>>
How'd you rank the races as least to most racist?
>>
>>48213547
I believe King Edward is the only series that is longer. Though I honestly wouldn't recommend reading it.
I was tricked into reading it from lines in the Real Barenziah which seemed to imply it was going to be a heroic epic about the Bretons and Dunmer working together to overthrow the Nordic Empire.
It basically just ends up being a story about some kid Edward (who's not even an actual king but, an heir) who gets taken away by a Dunmer guy who his mother had previously eloped with. He's briefly allowed to be the first human to learn at the Crystal Tower (for no reason). He goes off on some short quests with his Dunmer stepfather, mother, and associates and the whole time your thinking 'alright they're just training him, soon he will be ready and he will do something important,' but he never does and the whole story ends incredibly anticlimactically. It's even seemingly indicated in the Sai chapters (a large portion of the story that is actually a story within a story) that the whole tale takes place after the fall of the Nordic Empire which makes the lines in the Real Barenziah make no fucking sense.
I would only recommend reading the last chapter as it at least provides some interesting information on the nature of magic and gods.
>>
>>48213795
I seriously fucking hope you aren't talking shit about Moraelyn here.
>>
>>48213580
Seconded. Read the Lessons.
>>
>>48213864
I don't want to but I am, sorry man. I would have loved to hear a legendary tale about an Arthur-esque Breton King conspiring with a great Dunmer lord all the way across the continent to drive the Nords collectively out of their lands. Hell reading the lines from the Real Barenziah I was thinking 'whoah maybe this "Mora"elyn is really a westernization of Nerevar' or at least that he was the prince of Mora mentioned in sermon 22 who was a hero of the war with the Nords, but it even seems implied Moraelyn did not fight the Nords. I was promised epic heroic tales but not much really happens.
Maybe I just expected too much, but the series just kind of comes off as something that has no idea what its fucking doing.
>>
>>48213543
>дaгoт_yp.пнг
>>
>>48214118
The fact that Moraelyn is introduced, very early in the story at that, as "witch-king" should have tipped you off that this was taking place way after the Nords were driven out of Mournhold.
I mean, how else would he be king? Hadn't you already read The Real Barenziah?

Moraelyn fought the Nords with his father and brothers, and after Mournhold was free his father became king. Only later did Moraelyn inherit the throne, and only later still did he and Edward free High Rock. This is all in The Real Barenziah.

I won't try to say King Edward is the most amazing text in the lore, but you clearly went into it with expectations built upon things you had forgotten or misunderstood.
>>
File: mfwihnf.png (418 KB, 561x938) Image search: [Google]
mfwihnf.png
418 KB, 561x938
>>48213365
He seems like a nice guy, sure but he'll end up literally eating your face off.
>>
>>48214397
>>
>>48213761
Dunmer
Altmer
Nord
Breton
Khajiit
Redguard
Bosmer
Orc
Argonian
Imperial
>>
>>48214501
Switch Dunmer and Altmer, and Khajiit and Redguard and it looks good to me
>>
>>48214661
I'm not sure about the Dunmer and Altmer...
>>
>>48214263
>I mean, how else would he be king?
Almalexia is said to have been a queen in Mournhold while the Nords ruled the land. I find the whole Nordic Empire thing to be rather superficial; likely just based in the collective idea of unchecked Nordic expansion, be it in conquest, raids, or colonization. Other sources make it clear that Nordic expansion was never an organized thing, with the conquest of Morrowind undertaken by ambitious Nords inspired by Vrage's success in High Rock, and likewise in Nibenay where Nordic earls envious of the boon found in High Rock and Morrowind sought their own means to expand their realms.
Nordic "rulership" in far off places like Morrowind was likely similar to Mongol "rulership" in places like Kievan Rus (i.e, heavy tribute at the threat of annihilation)
>Moraelyn fought the Nords with his father and brothers
Here's some quotes from the book
"It took Sai a hundred and fifty years to get things set right again, and he needed a lot of help. From Moraelyn's brothers and father, among others."
"Mats, I was taught that Moraelyn's father and brothers were just raiders and that the Nords were the real owners of the lands they took"
"Moraelyn's father, Kronin, and his brothers, Cruethys and Ephen, took to raiding after the Nords drove them out of Ebonheart"
Never mentions Moraelyn himself, only his brother and father.
"there's a fair number of dark elves who lived through it still around. Moraelyn's aunt Yoriss for one, she who rules in Kragenmoor"
quote says Mora wasn't alive then.
>and only later still did he and Edward free High Rock
The Sai chapters make it pretty clear that High Rock had already been freed and the Nordic Empire fell while ago.
another quote
"The dark elves and Bretons have been lucky to get their lands back, you see, and it's been hard times for Skyrim folk"
Other, albeit, later sources imply that the Nords were getting pushed out of the Western Reach before the War of Succession even began.
>>
>>48214661
Dunmer hate *other* Dunmer who weren't born in Morrowind. Altmer practice eugenic infanticide on themselves.

It's a tough call, really.

Khajiit hate the Imperials--possibly justifiably, for seizing Leyawin, and they hate Bosmer because Bosmer. Redguards are just all, "We need the land, yo". If anything, there's more Crown/Forebearer strife within Hammerfell than there is Redguard/breton strife across the Bay.
>>
>>48214661
>>48214770
The Morrowind section of PGE1 states as follows about the Dunmer
>They consider themselves superior even to other Elves, who in their estimation are effete and decadent specimens of the pure Elven race
The critical altmer annotator of PGE1, YR, responds to this line saying
>For once I agree with this scribe. The tone of my visit was set at the frontier, when I was questioned by three swaggering chap'thil ~ called me "ill-bred" to my face as if I knew no Dunmeri, and had not even the courtesy to call me by my full name. I held my tongue, under the circumstances ~ I am not as young as I once was, Uncle. ~ But I relish the come-uppance at the hands of the despised humans. Despite everything, I cannot help but to think that a season under human rule would temper Dunmeri arrogance to a most salutary degree
Ancestors and the Dunmer state that, prior to Imperial dominance, the Dunmer viewed the non-mer races as being no more than animals. Some Dunmer in TESIII still question whether Nords have souls.

I think Dunmer are the most racist.
>>
>>48214956
>I think Dunmer are the most racist.
Maybe they're more honest about it, but last I checked Dunmer weren't trying to unmake reality and remove even the concept of man.
>>
>>48215514
That's not really driven by contempt though, rather the vehement belief that this action will help them achieve their goals.
It's also not really well understood how many Altmer or even Thalmor members are truly aware of their organizations endgame.

Dunmer society seems to hold far more personal dislike for foreign races than the Altmer.
>>
>>48215514
#NotAllAltmer
>>
>>48205398
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Jokes
>>
>>48210311
Tamriel has wombats.
>>
>>48217062
dunmer women once again confirmed sluts
>>
>>48213232
Well if that's made up when did Akatosh and Lorkhan become one and the same then?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.