[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha Space Pirate Quest Discussion Thread II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: Rhinehawk Deluxe.jpg (392 KB, 1722x1168) Image search: [Google]
Rhinehawk Deluxe.jpg
392 KB, 1722x1168
Welcome back, to the second-of-its-kind Mecha Space Pirate Quest Discussion Thread! As always, you are Anon, a poster on 4chan's /tg/ (or possibly a namefag).

Today, I'll be answering questions, talking shop about mecha, giving you a chance to post and compare the custom mecha you've designed, and providing setting information as requested. A bit later on, I might even stat some mecha myself with the thread.
>>
>>48198711
http://pastebin.com/PpYEWgmu
http://pastebin.com/JSNAeeTc
I made a couple things in a flight of fancy. Big ups if you can tell what they are based off without using google.
>>
>>48198711
What is the size/dimensions of the newly upgrade RhineHawk?
>>
>>48198711
Good to see you wong. Still haven't finished up The Dutchman, though it's more figuring out what sort of weaponry I want the melee and range variations to have since it can hold 30 cp of weaponry. It even has cool modifiers.
http://pastebin.com/KACNCJvN
>>
Alright time to get going, might as well post my mech

http://pastebin.com/gP5BzH9z
>>
>>48199001
Whats the Design and Decor?
>>
>>48198933

Medium Heavy.

>>48198904

Dark Souls 3 or JoJo's Bizarre Adventures.

>>48199001

There's no shame in beam rifles.
>>
>>48199103
Wrong. Going to have to think of something else with guys named after tarot cards.
>>
>>48199128
I'm going to guess persona since the chariot has a Bardiche which is similar to what Chie's persona uses
>>
When are you going to /qst/?
>>
>>48199171
Nope. I dont think its from an obscure series but that might just be me. Most people would probably have seen Death or Judgment more.
I would actually try to stat Judgment if I could figure out how the fuck you stat drones.
>>
File: ARE YOU READY TO ROCK.jpg (243 KB, 680x638) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU READY TO ROCK.jpg
243 KB, 680x638
>>48199076
General clean up and additional bits for intimidation to fit a machine meant for less legal activities while making the inside more comfortable for the pilot. After all, Roarke proved that a good machine with some good intimidation and cool can make a heist rather easy. Here's a picture of The Dutchman using the manly package.

>>48199103
Yeah, I was thinking either a longer range rifle, or a more accurate one with some short range missiles.
>>
>>48198711
Aaah... My GM flaked when his archive binging got to the Suilemon (I always misspell that) colony being destroyed. He said 'I wanted light hearted mecha space pirate action, not morally grey on grey serious business war stuff'. So my character and mechs all go to waste...
>>
>>48199301
>tfw I made a mech that is also a zaku II
>>
>>48199351
got a paste bin of it? We could compare them.
>>
I asked a couple of times but never really got an answer, Does anyone in our crew who joined after we became captain know we just had a birthday?
>>
>>48199475
well, Sammy and the other girls would have an excuse for not knowing if we kept it relatively close, and the others probably spent the day working over time on various things for the prep of the job.
>>
>>48199437
http://pastebin.com/LmB2CLL3
I was quite pleased with it as a relatively cheep mook mech until I realized its just basically a slightly more expensive Pumpkinseed.
>>
>>48199518
Makes sense, but what about when we came back from training? No one, not even Miles or Richard said anything
>>
>>48199540
Because this is probably the worst time for the birthday party. Got to know the time and place for that sort of thing and I honestly think Roarke in the early days was too cool for birthday parties.. except for the one where he became legal age for drinking.
>>
>>48199570
Being the big criminal ruffian he is I doubt he cared much for the legal age of drinking.
>>
>>48199570
I agree I just meant something small like saying Happy Birthday, I mean you would at least tell your buddy happy birthday
>>
>>48199608
I only remember peoples birthdays based on their proximity to my own birthday.
>>
>>48199608
Not necessarily. If it was the middle of his training then it makes sense to leave him to it. Besides, you want a good birthday present or well wish? Have everyone pull off the job and return alive.

>>48199590
Well, there was a bar that gave discounts for those who just had their birthday, so I figured it'd be like that. An excuse for half priced booze.
>>
>>48199540
>>48199608

Karen gave you your presents early. Nobody forgot. It's a few days early, still, and everyone is busy preparing for Mars.
>>
What is the music world like in this setting? And how popular is Red Siren compared to other top artists?
>>
>>48199530
Yeah, it's tricky to make a unique mech at around 100 if you start going to the medium striker amount. It's what I pictured the pawn as; A basic frame with some simple weaponry and lighter armor.
>>
Are we ever going to see Jegans, Jestas, or ReZels? Heck, even a GM descended mech would be cool.
>>
>>48200084
Honestly? The GM series have always been mass produced gundams, only toned down into mook form. If the Slinger gains in popularity, I can see a line of MP models with similar armaments for their troops.
>>
>>48200084
>>48200111

Yes. The original Thoroughbred-X is the biggest gundam homage in this quest. The Thoroughbred MP, much like a GM, was a cheaper, mass-produced model even though it saw pretty limited production and never really caught on after war. Interestingly, this makes Moe's mech something of an EZ-8, built out of spare parts for the S-Slinger and S-Flowerhorn along with its original pieces.

>>48199959

That's a complicated question. S-Pop is the latest thing that the media pushes and has pushed for the last few decades, but people still like older styles of music, including ones that don't exist in 2016 AD and no longer exist by Roarke's time. Red Siren is an enduring celebrity who has outperformed or outlasted most if not all of her potential rivals in her particular field of idol-ish S-Pop.
>>
>>48200111

Ironically, one of the easiest mecha in this quest to turn into a "standard" elite mook was the Osano-Wo because it covers a lot of bases while being competently fast and heavily armored. The biggest problem with it is that beamswords are the hot new thing and the Jovian brass, if they copied the design, would probably want to replace the heat katanas with beam sabers.
>>
>>48198904
Got to go to sleep so I might as well just say. These two are bosses from the first house of the dead game. Y'all niggers need to go to more arcades, House of the dead 3 is my jam.
>>
Right, got an entry to throw into the judgement pit. My first attempt at making anything in this system, so it was as much of a learning experience as it was a design concept. So with that in mind, do let me know if I've managed to fuck anything up terribly.

Also, a question for you, Wong. If the usage of a particular weapon was intended to trigger the self-destruct of a mech immediately afterward, would that have any sort of custom multiplier attached to the property?
>>
>>48200623
And like an imbecile, I forget to actually put in the damned pastebin link. Obviously I need more vodka. http://pastebin.com/XJ777eWq
>>
>>48200623

You can self-destruct pretty much whenever you like normally, so no, it would just be fluff.
>>
>>48200655
Got it, thanks. Now with that problem out of the way, I can start finalizing work on those space bees.
>>
>>48200417
Honestly, compared to GMs, the Thoroughbred MPs make me think of Guncannons, especially with the shoulder mounted grapplechan. Speaking of, there were about 5, right? Think we know of three now. Kaiser, the one the green skull captain piloted, and Clemmy's flowerhorn.

>>48200445
Fiddling with the weaponry design, while Beam melee weapons can be crazy good, they have an odd sweet spot. Their low kills make them fragile as hell(and mating them with anything risky), and as the Kills go up, the normal Melee Weapon can really lay the pain at half the price. In a way, the difference between the two is the same with beam and conventional guns. Beams do the job pretty nicely, but if you want to deal with a particular type of bastard, it doesn't cost much to make a specialized melee weapon.
>>
How did Roarke's parents meet?
>>
>>48200887

You'll find out eventually.

>>48200693

Not...really. Grapplechans are forearm-mounted and pretty small, not a huge cannon. Miles has more of a Guncannon-style dual-cannon array for her close-in weapons.
>>
>>48201025
>Miles has more of a Guncannon-style dual-cannon array for her close-in weapons
Huh, IMHO, gauntlet autocannons are more in line with Miles if anything else.
>>
Are there any surviving Bucephalus Arabian prototype mech? There should be, considering the program was only scrapped because someone got offended and it was expensive enough to cause Bucephalus heavy financial losses when it was plugged.
>>
>>48201025
Fair enough there. So, I am curious about the papacy on the moon. How much control do they have in general? Are they like the mouth for the earth?
>>
>>48201406

Theories vary widely on that. Some say that the RCC is a competing power center with the ultra-wealthy yet extremely few Terrans. Others say that the RCC is just a Terran mouthpiece with no actual power. They have taken a central stage in representing Lunar and Terran interests recently, and the new vatican does have a substantial private military force and a lot of money, that's what's known.

>>48201172

On Io somewhere there should be at least a test model Arabian, and probably several prototypes.
>>
>>48201606
Sound like a nice target for a group of space pirates
>>
>>48201606
Well, thats a worrying sign. Still, depending on who the pope is, it could be a good opportunity depending on if they stick to the 'get a old dude who will likely die off in less than a decade' or not.

Hunting for the prototypes, even for salvagable tech, info and mechs for our crew would be nice. Though, I am not sure if we ever figured out what businesses Fatima's dad had. If he had a bunch of manufacture plants, I say once we free Fatima, we let her keep control of them and see if she can mass produce the Big Za-Tarrasque.
>>
Is there anything specific that you want to tell us about that no one has brought up?
>>
>>48201711
Actually, I'm kind of curious what the situation at Bucephalus is right now. The Kaiser is using a thoroughbred frame as it's base, one of their top mechanics are dead, and bahamut corp are slowly eating into them thanks to the SOUL project. They must be having a bad time.

Other than that, I am curious as to what Moe's mech will be like. Don't want to throw him in the wrong role.
>>
Wong, how would you stat the Macross? Would it require some intense houseruling combining starship and mecha rules?
>>
>>48203215

It absolutely would. It's essentially a humanoid mech with a jet transformation at the highest size of the starship scale.

>>48202059

Moe's mech can handle both ranged and melee combat efficiently, it's Medium-Size but still reasonably light. As for Bucephalus, yes, they still sell a lot of their existing product lines to the military, but Bahamutcorp has a distinct edge on them when it comes to new products.

>>48202001

I'd have to think on that.
>>
>>48203271
Ooof.. not a good place for Bucephalus then. Though I guess trying to make their own prototype team is out of the question. Still, I am quite surprised that Mr Priest was being so diplomatic on the TV. I know it's PR, but part of me is wondering if certain parties are trying to replace their lost green skulls.

Speaking of, what is the public's view on Soul B? Jesus alone must be a good front man.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.