[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martin Shkreli buying Magic cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 22
File: 8NoqtbsA.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
8NoqtbsA.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/07/accused-pharmaceutical-fraudster-martin-shkreli-eyes-collecting-rare-magic-cards.html

How does TG feel about this scalper eyeballing the reserved list?

Will investors ride the coattails of this announcement?

Will Wizards reevaluate the reserved list in general?

Just media nonsense?
>>
It would be retarded to try and buyout the Reserved List en masse. Yeah, the higher the prices go the more the cards are technically worth, but the harder they are to actually move. He'll very easily cross the threshold into having shit that's too expensive for anyone to be buying.
>>
>>48196810
Not disagreeing with you, but isn't that kinda this guy's thing? Owning shit no one else can afford? E.g. the WU Tang Album.
>>
>>48196810
The more of the reserved list that ends up in the hands of one man, the less incentive and reason there is for keeping it rare.

With some luck, he will buy enough of the cards and invest quite a lot of money in to them only to have depreciate 99%
>>
>>48197173
>E.g. the WU Tang Album.
I'm still fucking mad about that shit.
>>
>>48197232
Me too. Thankfully he'll go to jail, his assets will be seized, and some nice person will upload it to the internet for free for one week, only to end up having it removed from everywhere available, making those who downloaded it insanely rich.
>>
>>48197173
>>48197232

Be mad at Wu Tang for pulling that shit, they are artificially hyping and inflating demand for their shitty music by printing one album, that was always going to happen. Fuckers like this guy have always existed.
>>
>being mad about people more successful and intelligent than you will ever be due to your biological inferiority
>>
File: 1464618613136.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464618613136.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>48197319
>implying ethical superiority isn't the paragon of choices
>>
>>48197333
>slave morality
>>
>>48197350
>le ayn rand meme
>>
>>48197350
>implying those with the most arent ruled by their assets, while those with the least aren't free to do as they wish
>>
>>48196484
He might be looking to dump his money into an unregulated form, in fact that's probably what it is.
>>
>>48197367
yes, turning up for work 8 hours a day 6 days a week at some supermarket and stacking shelves with 4 hours of free time a day is truly the pinnacle of freedom, compared to some multi millionaire who spent a relatively small part of his life building wealth with the rest of it to do virtually whatever he wants

christianity really was a mistake desu
>>
>>48197319
>more successful and intelligent than you

He's massively in debt and got absolutely fucked with the whole medication scheme because another company pulled the rug out from under him and started selling his "$750" medicine for like $12. As far as I know, he didn't even recoup the losses from buying the rights to the medicine to begin with.
>>
>>48197429
There are much more viable and secure ways to do that.

What is looking to do is vanity, generating controversy/hype and interest for an upcoming project. Probably related to games, traditional or not.
>>
So what happens to Shkreli when his eventual cellmate, Juwan, finds out he bought the only copy of that Wu Tang album just to troll the entire world?
>>
>>48197477
>Kekles at his shekles.
>>
>>48197448
Freedom is relative.

I'm an educated person capable of meaningful and well-compensated employment. I intentionally choose an easier job that pays me less money in order to feel more satisfied with my life. Why? Because there are things in life I know I can't buy and a good night's sleep is more valuable than you'd think.
>>
File: bait-incoming.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
bait-incoming.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>48197319
>>
File: IMG_20160630_140300.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_140300.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
>>48197481
>Implying rich people jails have blacks in it
>>
great ontopic discussion guys
>>
>>48197448
>thinks rich people just have their money in a big pile they can live off of for the rest of their lives
>>
Buying power 9 cards as a long term investment might not be so crazy. You could have probably bought copies of Action Comics #1 in the 80s for 5 figures. Now, they can be 1 million easily. If you project mtg cards to behave like comic books, collectors-wise, who knows.
>>
>>48197448
Anon, if you're regularly sleeping 12 hours a day there is something seriously wrong with your body and you should have yourself checked out.
>>
This is fucking glorious.

I just want him to buy all the ABR duals and every single copy of Power out there. Just every single fucking one of them.

You can probably do it for a cool million or two. Just completely murder the marketplace.

When people call him out as a villain I will call him a fucking hero for killing Legacy and Vintage. Finally, no more listening to the bullshit that they're alive and well and Wizards stringing it along to give people false hope.
>>
>>48197634
Various M:tG counterfeits already exist. If the cards go further up in price, it's reasonable to assume that so will the quality of counterfeits.
This is the one thing I'd be worried about when thinking about M:tG collection as a long term investment.
>>
>>48197634
It's dumb. Buying a few of them is smart, buying all them means your assets are tied to an arbitrary company that can reprint everything at any time just to fuck you. Black Lotus going from 20k to 19.5k may not seem like a big deal, but if you have 100 of them, that's $5000 dollars you just lost. A more realistic scenario is Wizards reprinting the power 9 across 9 Eternal Masters style sets like expedition lands, and the price being cut at minimum 20%. Now imagine having hundreds of millions of dollars tied up in magic cards. While some may go up in value, others may go down. It's not a smart investment.
>>
Who what when where why and how?
>>
>>48197733
Your scenario is based on too many unbased speculations. Even if WotC breaks the RL promise, long term effect on original P9 would be negligible. Black Lotus has never gone down in price, and if it were reprinted, the price of the original would still go up. We are talking waiting years to cash out here, not months. Collectors want the original, not the newer versions. This is a universal truth. As far as the 9 Eternal Master reprint scenario being more realistic, what are you basing this on? Do you have access to Hasbro's commercial strategy?

I don't even know where the hundreds of millions of dollars figure comes from. How many Black Lotus, moxes and Ancestral Recalls do you think are for sale?
>>
>>48196484
I sold him chinaman proxies. He doesn't know yet.
>>
>>48197715
You will always be able to detect counterfeits upon close examination, unless the counterfeiters have access to the original paper, ink and machines used way back then. The best ones out there are virtually undetectable when sleeved and across the table, but if you know what to look for, you can always spot them.
>>
File: B9YioB-CMAAswfT.jpg (50 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
B9YioB-CMAAswfT.jpg
50 KB, 600x450
>not investing in Rosalina

Amiibo reserved list when.
>>
>>48198141
Isn't that from the autist who doesn't like all the girls in Smash so he's buying all the amiibo he can so no one else can get them?
>>
>>48198173
They just crave attention and this is an easy way to do it.

They're no different than preppers. They need something to brag about so they throw money at something.
>>
File: chamas.jpg (330 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
chamas.jpg
330 KB, 2400x1800
>Not buying domestic firearms
>Not stockpiling bullets
>Not forgetting what the purpose of this thread and the buying in the first place.
>>
>>48198261
>preppers
The survivalists? The kind of people that stock 5 years worth of canned food and enough guns and ammo to supply entire border patrol unit? I always thought it's more about a Cold War paranoia throwback.
>>
>>48198288
While it doesn't take away from the impressiveness that you carved a gun completely out of cheddar, it makes me a bit sad that your Ralph Klein autograph is fake.

And if it's real, I'm sorry, but it looks like you got it when his brain was shutting down.
>>
>>48198303
There's nothing wrong with being prepared.
>>
>>48198323
Actually there is.

Take backpacking. Being over-prepared means you will be over-encumbered thus making for a difficult trip. You don't need a full blown first aid kit, you don't need that extra pot for cooking, you don't need all those extra sets of clothing. You are going to lug around all that crap and it's just going to make the journey that much harder.

Preppers are prepared for a scenario that just won't fucking happen. Their level of preparedness vastly exceeds the needs of the present and their ideas that the government is going to collapse or we're going to eat a nuke. They are incurring a huge cost for near zero percent return.
>>
>>48197275
Implying he doesn't take 5min out of his time to destroy it or give it too a friend fro safe keeping first.
>>
>>48198634
>implying he has friends who won't just turn it in or sell it off themselves

Quite frankly I don't care. He seems like a person who doesn't know what he's doing and if he's past exploits are anything to go by, he'll just end up fucking himself.
>>
>>48198623

But they support our burgeoning survivalist industry.

Imagine all the nuclear bunker companies that would go bankrupt if they suddenly stopped.
>>
>>48198623
True, in case of an apocalypse like the one they are preparing for there only two scenarios:
A) you are dead
B)you wish you were dead
>>
>>48198665

He tried to give money to his mum because she works long shifts as a janitor. I think she raised him be herself and worked really hard. She refused the money because she saw it as unethical.

Every time I look at his face I see this little kid literally desperate for approval. I think his life would be a rollercoaster of ups and downs. On one hand he 'had/has' money and everyone knows his name, on the other, only niggers like him, while getting laid would be easy you only going to be getting whores and users, his mum hates what he's done and all the attention he receives is pretty shitty.

If I tried paying my mother back with a goyf she would probably tell me to fuck myself too
>>
>>48197536
Is he even poor enough to go to jail? We already learned this week that you can commit treason if you're rich enough and they'll make you president.
>>
>>48198761
You grossly underestimate my misanthropy. I would endure my own suffering solely on the joy derived from suffering of the others.
>>
>>48198835
Except he's not a woman.
>>
>>48198839
Suffering of just anyone or someone you hate?
>>
>>48198896
>Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or contempt of the human species or human nature.
take a wild guess
>>
>>48196484
Funny guy. I'm continually surprised by the hate-boner the media has for him to report on this speculative crap.

>>48197696
This desu
>>
>>48198835
Being rich and having powerful friends you're useful to are not the same thing.
>>
> people honestly believe he's buying magic cards as a way of preserving assets
>>
File: jewphoric.png (269 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
jewphoric.png
269 KB, 450x488
>Shkreli

what
a
surprise
>>
>>48198856
With as much money as he has, he could be one overnight.
>>
>>48199083
Touche
>>
>>48197319
Get out of here /pol/.
>>
File: Cm85_gNWcAAZxKL.jpg (93 KB, 1128x655) Image search: [Google]
Cm85_gNWcAAZxKL.jpg
93 KB, 1128x655
>t dot co/nzNCXttWfm

OH SHIT HE'S ALREADY STARTED BUYING OUT THE BEST REMOVAL SPELLS
>>
File: 1414117168441.png (363 KB, 1000x1029) Image search: [Google]
1414117168441.png
363 KB, 1000x1029
>>48196484

"He then told CNBC that he didn't want the reporter to contact either himself, his lawyer or anyone who "works for me."

>pulls off a real life never talk to me or my son again
>>
>>48197448

in my case its either work at my job so I can continue to live in a room with 4 walls and a ceiling or don't work and be on the street, free to spend twenty-four hours of a day looking for work, bumming cigarettes, strapping shoes on my feet
Got to find a reason, a reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason why my money's all gone
>>
I honestly think he was just jealous that they were calling the other guy The Martin Shkreli of Magic.
"Hey wait a mintue, I, the actual Martin Shkreli, could be an even bigger douche than this pretender!"
>>
File: 1467953626389.jpg (39 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1467953626389.jpg
39 KB, 540x390
Do you think it's possible for Wizards to reprint stuff on the reserved list just to fuck with this guy?
>>
2 things
>I wasn't going to get any of the reserved list stuff except duals so I don't give a fuck if black lotus is 10k or 100k.
>there's a good to fair chance this isn't real. He just claimed it, but nothing confirmed.
>>
Travis Woo is helping him? Pretty cool.

>>48199206
The reporter called into Shkreli's stream to talk to him directly instead of going through his agent or whatever. I love that the dumbass was trying to justify it as "not stealing Kotaku's lead on the story". Poor guy got roasted: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl79yd5sDNo

>You're writing a story about my... card collecting?
>Hahaha, yes I am.
>Do you... Do you have better things to write about?
>At the moment? No.
>>
>>48199462
>The reporter called into Shkreli's stream to talk to him directly instead of going through his agent or whatever
Whoops never mind, that's false. I was halfway through the video and forgot the opening 30 seconds.

You can tell he's fed up with journalists, and that's really all the justification he needs.
>>
>>48199012
There must be a massive ton of people out there who wouldn't part with their collection unless he was paying way stupid money. Knowing legacy people, their lives revolve around the game so they probably wouldn't part with their cards.
>>
>>48199170
I think he pulls this shit just to antagonize people. No one can be this stupid. Realestate is a safer option than magic cards.
>>
>>48199271
I think this post has it right.
>>
>>48197173
>the WU Tang Album.
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>48197319
>due to your biological inferiority
prove that part
>>
>>48203589
you're posting on 4chan
>>
>>48198288
>cheddar gun
for what purpose
>>
>>48198896
What's the difference?
>>
>>48203611
No, that's the vicious and constant child abuse, not genetics. Try again.
>>
>>48197232
He's played it on stream

It was preddy good.
>>
File: hero.jpg (482 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
482 KB, 2400x1800
>>48203628
When the time comes, I'll know.
>>
>>48196484
i don't really care about any of that i just really hate his face
>>
>>48197319
Shkreli never mentally advanced past the age of about 15, intellectually or emotionally. He's literally a psychopath who got ridiculously lucky and now believes that there are no consequences for anything he does.

And let's be honest, he has enough money that there probably aren't. The man is basically the devil.
>>
>>48203708
>psychopath
He's not psychopath, he is simple told by his PR Agent that he is not going to be likeable and to be unlikeable as possible without being hated. He makes money of this, interviews, appearances is all money in his pocket.
>>
>>48203739
If he's not a fully diagnosable psychopath then he's falling pretty close to the mark desu senpai

His media presence doesn't actually make him that much money because he's not that sort of celebrity.
>>
>>48203708
Bait for the bait god
>>
>>48203794
There is no falling near the mark, it is a yes/no on/off. It is a brain wiring, or rather miswiring, of the forming brain. It can not be developed or brought on.

He is generating talk, buzz and hype.
>>
>>48196484
I think it's just media nonsense but I think he's calculating whether it's worth it trying to invest. To which I say, I hope he fucks over the Dual Lands market. It'll send a clear signal to players who's the real asshole here: Wizards. And Wizards HATES negative PR so they might just end up having to do SOMETHING about the abysmal nature of Eternal MtG prices.
>>
Has anyone here actually seen this guy in an interview not done by fucking vice or some other liberal media? He's actually a pretty well natured guy who just knows how the pharma market works, unlike most people. Also who fucking cares what his hobbies are can we not just leave him alone and let him do what he wants to do with his money?
>>
Noob question incoming.

Why does the reserved list even exists? I mean, I understand the reasons, but why making it public? Just say behind closed doors "We're never reprinting this, this and that" and say nothing to all the faggots playing stock exchange with pieces of cardboard.
>>
>>48204364
It exists to protects collectors wallets. Imagine if you had several cards worth hundreds or thousands of dollars. Now imagine that everyone could also get those cards for $20 and your formerly expensive cards are now quite cheap.

As a collector I understand why it's there but I for one wouldn't be astonishingly upset if they did what they did with vintage masters in paper
>>
>>48199284
I would be willing to bet that if he somehow got over half of a single card on the reserve list they would reprint that card

it defeats the purpose of their game when one person just takes the whole thing
>>
>>48204364
It is there because WotC needed a way to keep the secondary market from collapsing. This was the answer. They needed to give collectors a reason to buy into the game by removing the fear that the cards would become worth the cardboard they were printed on. This got them through the first time the game almost died (and tcg's would have gone with it).
>>
>>48203828
>There is no falling near the mark, it is a yes/no on/off. It is a brain wiring, or rather miswiring, of the forming brain. It can not be developed or brought on.

There are so many psychological studies that would argue otherwise that making a statement like this is asinine.
>>
>>48204709
Please furnish me with one respected and known publication with a test group over one hundred subjects and I will recant my post. This must be a link to a journal of medicine that published it, not a simple website of those who conducted it.
>>
>>48204379
I think reprints wont affect collectors who collect Magic cards because they actually like Magic and collecting, they'll still have their legit rare 20-years-old pieces of cardboard. Originals wont lose their value by a big margin because, you know, they are the originals, and reprints are just reprints.

Now, who will be affected by reprints:
- actual MtG players will be able to buy cards they need for much less money
- scumbags who turned trading aspect of MtG in a fucking stock market bubble simulator, who don't give a shit about Magic and in the end just want to (be able to) resell cards for maximized profit
>>
>>48203708
>psychopath

The word you're looking for is sociopath; but even then I doubt he fits that description.
>>
>>48196484
if he did this and damnation ended up costing 1000 dollars i would just buy china proxies you cant tell the difference anyway. Also I would murder him for not only taking a wu-tangs cd but fucking with my magic
>>
File: 1353335803710.jpg (54 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
1353335803710.jpg
54 KB, 640x516
>>48204760
If I had Martin's ear I'd convince him to first buy up all of the original dual lands he could, and burn all but a playset of each; and see what Wizard's response would be. Then move on to Power Nine, etc and repeat until there is nothing left. Reserve list isn't a list if the cards cease to exist.

Then again, I'm hoping Chinese counterfeiting collapses the market entirely.
>>
File: fastshow.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fastshow.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>48204829
If I had Martin's ear, I'd charge him a forture to get it back. Or scream madly at the Sky Gods and eat it.
>>
>>48204829
>>48204851
If I had Martin's ear then Martin would be down an ear.
>>
>>48196810
I think you underestimate just how much rich nerds are willing to pay for their hobby.

The threshold should have been crossed long ago.

Even if the average Legacy deck cost $10,000 you would still have faggots telling us that it's fair.
>>
>>48204829
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZuc3nBWdu0
>>
>>48204925
I'll never understand the people who try to justify +$2,000 for a competitive modern deck to play an elaborate game of rock/paper/scissors that is the meta. The only competitive Magic I ever play anymore is limited; and I'll spend my two grand on a new firearm and video card; things not printed on paper.
>>
>>48204971
Seto Kaiba is the hero magic deserves.
>>
>>48204985
Even worse, those people will justify the price and tell you not to play if you can't afford it. As if everyone who chooses not to spend thousands of dollars on a TCG is a poorfag.

Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I will purchase something that is grossly overpriced.
>>
>>48205021
My father, who knows nothing about the game other than that I play it, brought up that a local card shop was recently burglarized for an estimated $75K. His point being "How could they possibly have so much value?" Upon explaining how certain cards are exceptionally rare while also being nessecary for competitive play, causing cards to be valued from hundreds to thousands of dollars each. His first response was to ask how counterfeiting hasn't caught on.

Even my ignorant father can see the impending market collapse.
>>
File: sadgungrabber.jpg (31 KB, 634x358) Image search: [Google]
sadgungrabber.jpg
31 KB, 634x358
>>48205091
>Even my ignorant father
>Won't tell his son he hates the fact he spends his money on playing cards instead of the pursuit of manly virtues.
>your old mans face when you leave
>>
File: 1438082051886.png (87 KB, 321x308) Image search: [Google]
1438082051886.png
87 KB, 321x308
>>48205103
Nice projection; but I haven't lived with my parents since 2010; I haven't spent my parent's money on magic cards since I was a teenager. Hell, my father and I go the range together, and propelling lead through pieces of paper isn't a cheap hobby either.

Some of us on this board have jobs that pay rather well.
>>
>>48199462
I thought this guy was rich, but his room looks like a typical college student's dorm. What a poseur.
>>
> you will never be retardedly wealthy and buy a playset or two of every magic card in existence along with a snazzy filing/display cabinet to keep them all in in the gaming room of your comfy postmodernist mansion
>>
>>48198623
But you're lacking one crucial detail Anon, you're not carrying all this stuff around.
>>
>>48204829
Let me tell you what would happen:
Fucking nothing.
Force of Will was never on the reserved list and yet it didn't get reprinted for ages. And then it was upshifted to Mythic. From fucking UNCOMMON.
U N C O M M O N

Wizards does not give a shit about Legacy. If you'd go out and buy every available Dual and Legacy staple and destroy them, all that would happen is that the influx of new players would change from figuratively zero to literally zero. Apart from people playing with proxies or fakes. So it'd just be Vintage, a bunch of old grognards playing with the originals and a couple of wannabes using proxies with nothing really happening.
And Wizards would just keep giving no shits.
>>
>>48205091
>Even my ignorant father

>Won't tell his son about the baseball card trading empire he built in his youth
>Hides with shame the warehouse filled with beanie babies
>Is secretly Martin Shkreli
>>
>>48208944
I think the point is that they could "prep" in a reasonable manner while spending the rest on something that doesn't just sit around and collect dust forever.
I guess if you like eating years-old canned food, there's some fun to be had here.
>>
>>48198803
Fuck you anon! Making me sympathise with such a top tier wank-stain is not okay!
>>
god is there a single image of that guy where he doesn't look like a smug cunt?
>>
>>48199170
This... this was a joke right? I mean he can't be that stupid, even I have one of those and literrally the entirety of my collection is the remenants of an oath draft that was going on in the room nest to where we were playing DnD.
>>
>>48205103
"Ignorant" doesn't have to an insult. It just means you don't know about something, and his dad doesn't play magic.
>>
>>48197634
That worked out great for me when I bought all those super-rare pogs in the 80s. And Beanie Babies in the 90s.
>>
>>48208944
Analogies. Perhaps you have heard of them?
>>
>>48209389
Why would they? It's not like they got a vault full of old expensive cards they're slowly putting out there. They're not making a penny from someone buying a card for 10,000 dollars.
>>
>>48197275
>thinking that anything uploaded to the internet is ever truly gone

I'll bet you think those embarrassing myspace pictures that were on your account when you deleted it are gone, too.
>>
>>48204364
What would be the point if they didn't make it public?
>>
>>48210169
Hype.

People are idiots - they see expensive cards in Modern and even Standard and, without understanding the changes in how cards are supplied, dream of their own lucky pulls getting up to that kind of value in the future. They figure it's valuable now, so it'll only get more valuable in the future as the available supply dries up once printing is done.

Others get into Magic from hearing stories about stuff like expensive old cards or some of the crazy things that happened in the past. This new blood is important to Wizards, because they sure as shit aren't going to learn the game and get started at FNMs and stuff with those old cards. At worst, they'll get a gift of some cheap cards from an established player's collection of junk, who had to buy packs to get those anyway.

Either way, the existence of a secondary market with absurd prices helps support Wizards, even if they aren't selling those cards themselves. Anything that generates interest in MtG in general contributes to their market.
>>
File: d6f.jpg (18 KB, 403x389) Image search: [Google]
d6f.jpg
18 KB, 403x389
>>48210169
>why would wizards want to reprint cards for legacy, they don't make money off legacy
>>
>>48210063
Yet again, you are not carrying stuff you have in your bunker, so the analogy is stupid.

If you have the time, money and space to prepare for everything, then more is not bad.
>>
>>48197978
>You will always be able to detect counterfeits upon close examination
Cards being examined drops their value. You can only get a 10/10 grading if the card hasn't been touched. So go ahead, take it out of its casing and sleeves, bend it, drop water on it, see how happy the owner is.
>>
>>48210684
Did you read what I wrote?

If I buy a pack of MTG cards for a few bucks and pull a super-rare and expensive card out of it, and then sell it off to some rich asshole, Wizard isn't making any money off of it. They got their few dollars when they sold the pack, but they're not getting any money for the card I sold forwards. Nor will they get any money when that guy sells it. Why would they care if someone bought such a card for 10,000 dollars and shoved it up their ass?

>>48210669
How is some rich asshole buying all the expensive old cards that are quite useless in day to day MTG gaming as it is going to destroy MTG? How many of your average players are going to ever buy one of those old cards?
>>
>>48199462
Holy shit, I don't even like Shkreli but he blew the fuck out of that reporter.
>>
>>48210825
Did you read what I wrote? Wizards makes their money on sealed product, obviously, so the more sealed product they sell the more money they rake in, obviously, so they're already looking for ways to pander as much as they can to people who will drop a few hundred on some boxes. If, suddenly, most of the cards in the reserves list stopped existing, say because Shecklerelli bought them all and used them to snort his coke, Wizards would have all of the reason in the world to abolish the ban list.

Oh, I almost forgot this was 4chan: Faggot.
>>
>>48211064
*reserved list

Fuck
>>
File: skelly.png (20 KB, 569x197) Image search: [Google]
skelly.png
20 KB, 569x197
Are you ready?
>>
>>48211064
>Did you read what I wrote?

Yes. Now how does that make Wizard any money when a person sells an old card to another person? Or how does it affect their sales if some faggot rolls that card up and sticks it in their dick? If I buy a black lotus and rip it, how the fuck does that make the new box set they make any less appealing to a buyer?
>>
His next purchase will be a skull shaped mountain
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>48211138
>>
>>48211138
>Kanye playing whatever the most successful yet least skill-intensive deck in the format is and then claiming to be the greatest magic player who ever lived

>Shkreli playing the most expensive deck ever made

>Trump playing some dank-ass Wall tribal
>>
Is /tg/ so far behind the rest of the internet that they haven't figured out that this was a troll
>>
>>48203628
To eat, obviously.
>>
It would be interesting to see what happens to the prices of RL cards if the RL gets removed and they get reprinted.

Like, look at Sol Ring. Reprinted numerous times and wildly available, an alpha one is about $300. I could definitely see some of the most expensive cards losing magnitudes of value.
>>
>>48197228
>>48197696
>>48197733
>>48197937
>>48204026
>>48204760
>>48209389

Shkreli's antics make it HARDER for wizards to go back on the reserved list, not easier. Without him, it's a simple promissory estoppel case, one that wotc can try to argue was never meant to serve as an investment platform and the people who stand to lose from the promise are unintended beneficiaries that aren't covered under the protection of estoppel.

With Shkreli, he can make claims that wizards' renegeing on the RL is a specific, conscious and dedicated effort to defraud HIM. And from a legal perspective, he'd be absolutely right. WotC goes under, and in all likelyhood drags Hasbro with it.
>>
>>48211260
It doesn't you stupid faggot. The hypothetical here is Shkreli buys up a shitload of valuable cards and destroys/hoards them all. You're fucking purposely ignoring the bulk of what I said because you know you're a dumbass.
>>
File: 1379356443_jaden-smith-441.jpg (32 KB, 350x441) Image search: [Google]
1379356443_jaden-smith-441.jpg
32 KB, 350x441
>>48196484
Man, Magic economy sure is super interesting.
It's not like Pauper is best format and all, amirite?
>>
>>48213462
>It doesn't you stupid faggot.

Then why are you fighting me on this?

>You're fucking purposely ignoring the bulk of what I said because you know you're a dumbass.

Because none of them got anything to do with what I said.

>The hypothetical here is Shkreli buys up a shitload of valuable cards and destroys/hoards them all.

And from monetary reasons, WotC should care why, exactly? How would it ruin them if he did buy valuable cards and keep them or destroy them? Valuable cards are sold every day and I'm sure some get destroyed just as well.
>>
>>48211484
>Trump plays Jeskai America deck trying to be patriotic
>Called racist for not playing black
>>
>>48213650
Because of shit like EMA. Wizards obviously acknowledges the existence of formats other than standard and modern and are willing to provide support to them, if Shkreli did buy out massive amounts of eternal format staples then Wizards would need to either abandon them completely or find ways of putting more copies of staples into circulation.
>>
>>48213717
The irony is, Trump is BR as fuck
>>
>>48213929
I'd say he's RW - reckless, impulsive, idealist.
>>
>>48198623
>You don't need a full blown first aid kit, you don't need that extra pot for cooking, you don't need all those extra sets of clothing
Right up until you do. Thing is, when that happens, you're REALLY going to need that full-blown first-aid kit.
>>
>>48210721
Huh? There is no need to do anything like that. A simple examination through a loupe will tell the tale. Also, collectibles graded by a professional company are worth more, so everybody meaning to sell high end cards will get it graded, and thus, authenticated.

Thanks for trying, though.
>>
>>48213360
I know, Anon, I know.

And it'll be beautiful to see.
>>
>>48199078
Worse.
Albanian.
>>
>>48198835
>treason

Yeah, nah.

You're every bit as retarded as those SJW's who think cat-calling is 'sexual violence'.
>>
>>48216540
While you're right it isn't necessarily treason, and I'm not the guy you're replying to, it is a huge breach of national security and could well have been intentional, in which case it would be treason.
>>
>>48196484
He is probably going to try to crash the singles market, or go around to game stores burning rare cards in front of nerds and laughing.
>>
>>48213360

>t. night school lawyer
>>
>>48197350
This. Achieving superiority over others is the only goal one should have in life. Morality is something the slaves niece to make themselves feel better.
>>
>>48218457
You thinking self-actualization, which simply implies superiority.
>having an external assessment of value
>>
>>48217445
Tax accountant, so not far off. Still had to take 3 contract law classes.
>>
>>48196484

I don't "invest" in Magic cards.

This literally has zero effect on me.
>>
>>48204666
That's the hilarious catch-22 (if that's the right term here) of all this

They created a list of cards one person with all the money in the world can just buy, that they themselves will never reprint a copy of because they want to preserve the values of collections, which is weird because usually it isn't the job of a company to interfere with anything that involves a market they don't make money in.

But now, if one man in the world owns practically every copy of Black Lotus, nobody will have a copy that isn't collectible and nobody would be playing paper vintage (something I doubt they want).
>>
>>48196484
Someone go tell /pol/ he's a Jew so they'll sacrifice him to Kek.
>>
>>48218933
>dem dubs
Praise Kek!
>>
File: Sk.gif (18 KB, 472x352) Image search: [Google]
Sk.gif
18 KB, 472x352
>>48196484
Him asking why nobody has just bought all of the Black Lotuses except for four and then destroyed the rest was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

The guy's a real-life Kaiba.

He also did nothing wrong with Daraprim. The company had been running at a loss for decades because toxoplasmosis is so rarely a problem that Canadian hospitals don't even stock the drug anymore, they just produce it on-site when they need it.
>>
>>48217114
Whether or not it was intentional one of the laws violated specifically has in its minimum required sentencing "is barred from ever holding any public office in the federal government."

Ignorance isn't really a defense either. When your defense against having compromised national security is that you're too retarded to operate a blackberry, you're really better off taking your chances in court.
>>
>>48219124
Trying to get rid of Hillary with some bullshit about her email server is a bitch-nigga move.

Just let Trump defeat her on the debate stage with his radiant holy majesty.
>>
>>48219177
>Trying to get rid of Hillary with some bullshit about her email server is a bitch-nigga move.
But she did break the law.
And also put many people in danger.

She released the real names of 4 living CIA agents while trying to clear herself.
That means that every connection, contact, informant, and supplier of everything they've ever done while employed by the agency will have to be tracked and either protected or covered up.
Not to mention the fact that her unsecured emails were accessed by dozens of third parties before everyone figured out the security breach was stemming from her.

Soldiers have been sent to prison for plugging their fucking iphones into secure computers to charge.
The fact that she purposefully scrubbed the classified headers from documents means a whole lot more than most people think it does.

It's less "oh she's bad at email" and more "oh holy fuck this dumb bitch is so out of touch she doesn't understand that real life applies to her".
>>
>>48219412
We're talking about someone who literally takes on being for popular topics like gay marriage and 15 dollar minimum wages to get votes so they can be in office and get paid, not to actually do any sort of political action.

If she does get voted in, she's not doing anything on her own accord. It's because she's doing it for her second term and she's acting on the will of her investors. She'll do anything she can to try and blow off anything bad against her so she, her drones, and the people shoving money into her pockets can be blind to the fact she's actually a physical retard that has a chance at being our president.
>>
>>48219504
Except that she makes more money per year doing speeches and shit than she would as president.
>>
File: 1457837385811.jpg (61 KB, 689x800) Image search: [Google]
1457837385811.jpg
61 KB, 689x800
>>48219655
But imagine how much more lucrative it would be to invest in the fucking president, who would be willing to lobby against a harmful trade agreement if it meant getting more money.

You really underestimate the goals of career politicians.
>>
>>48198835
We'll never know because the evidence is gone. At the very least we know it's serious shit because she openly committed obstruction of justice to cover it up.
>>
File: 1468068039108.png (231 KB, 548x960) Image search: [Google]
1468068039108.png
231 KB, 548x960
>>48219177
I'm actually inclined to agree. This black guy Chris Smoove I watch on Youtube was fucking pissed at Hillary like two days ago. We've gotten to the point where her core demographic are starting to realize she genuinely thinks she's better than them.

If she got torpedoed by the law, there would be whispers forever that Trump was afraid of her or something. Fuck that. That yellow fuck may be a huge douche but he is EXACTLY the sort of huge douche you need to crush a cunt like Clinton. I can't wait to see them handcart that dinosaur stroke-victim up to the podium at the debates to face the alpha-strike firing squad of linguistic killshots.
>>
>>48219655
It's not her personal pay that matters, it's the Foundation she heads and the xbox huge amounts of money the Saudis dump into her pockets through it every year.
>>
>>48196484
>Martin Shkreli
>SHkreli
>Shekel
/pol/ WAS RIGHT AGAIN!
OPEN THE GAS CHAMBER.
DREDGE DID NOTHING WRONG.
FREE DREAD RETURN.
>>
>>48213948
As a Boros player, a person who doesn't particularly like Donald Trump, and someone who also feels they're somewhere in the realm of R/W R/G/W, I agree 100% with this statement.
>>
>>48196484
Why do people talk about an album from a shitty rap-group in here like its worth anything substantial?
>>
>>48199078

He's not actually a Jew. You need to watch the "How to identify a Jew" video again.
>>
>>48226315
he's an albanian, not a jew
>>
>>48203794
Psychopaths try to blend in as best as possible, long term attention and scrutiny like this is not something they would want or foster. You seem to have them confused with narcissists.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.