[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was reading up about this game Vampyr ans the main character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Vampyr_cover.jpg (88 KB, 590x834) Image search: [Google]
Vampyr_cover.jpg
88 KB, 590x834
So I was reading up about this game Vampyr ans the main character is a doctor who becomes a vampire.

Being a vampire conflicts with his Hippocratic oath and so he doesn't?/wont? become "evil" so to say.

What are reasons that someone who's become a vampire won't or atleast at first wouldn't become "evil"?
>>
Suicide, then forced resurrection.
Played a character with a similar backstory for a long time. He wasn't good, nor completely mentally sane, but definitely not evil.
>>
>>48195653
What kept him from just killing himself again?
>>
File: Tw3_journal_regis.png (417 KB, 654x727) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_journal_regis.png
417 KB, 654x727
>>48195608
They don't actually have a physical need to drink blood, just a strong compulsion or addiction to do so.
>>
>>48196342
So they just have the common erratic behavior associated with addiction?

Huh. Tell me about your man sized leeches
>>
>>48195608
I had a character who was turned against her will. She was able to feed without killing, had friend/lover to help with blood, and lived whole campaighn without killing anyone, thinking bloodlust is bearable and not an excuse for turning into maniac.
>>
>>48197028
Well, I was using the example of Higher Vampires from the Witcher series. The majority of them don't even have an addiction to blood, it's just delicious and intoxicating.

Witcher vampires are pretty interesting. Most of them are little more than animals, or particularly intelligent animals, with some minor magical abilities and a shared enjoyment of human blood. Higher order vampires (Bruxae, alps, Katakans, etc.) are as intelligent as people usually, and are all generally pretty magically potent. They are largely resistant to sunlight, but don't like it, and can mask their presence. They're a little more governed by their basic instincts though, and are a little more predictable compared to actual Higher Vampires. Higher Vampires are your typical human looking vampire, though they can transform into more bestial shapes. They're entirely unbothered by the sun, they're universally magically powerful, totally undetectable by most people, and are of course super strong and such. They're also essentially unkillable. To the point where being turned into paste is reversible even after a significant amount of time.

Notably, none of them are ressurected humans and there's no way for a human to become a Higher Vampire. They're basically aliens, as they arrived during the conjunction of the spheres.
>>
>>48197470
interdasting Might have to keep playing the sexer 3 wild sex now
>>
File: VampireLord.png (233 KB, 594x720) Image search: [Google]
VampireLord.png
233 KB, 594x720
bump
>>
The freaks go bump at night
>>
>>48197470
Wait, when you say "human blood" you mean exclusively? They don't drink from elves or dwarves or all the other monsters?
>>
>>48196264
The same thing as most failed suicides, I imagine. They gain extra time to think it over, and ultimately change their mind.
>>
>>48197987
Beat the main game then play Blood and Wine. It's a good ending for Geralts story, and it also features vampires as the primary plot of the DLC. Geralt's vampire friend Regis is probably my favorite character in the whole game.

>>48203099
I actually don't remember to be honest. Could be, but I doubt it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.