[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many Thrones would it cost to buy a Warhound Titan? Assume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: In 41,000 easy installments.jpg (106 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
In 41,000 easy installments.jpg
106 KB, 800x680
How many Thrones would it cost to buy a Warhound Titan?

Assume the base model, no extra fit and features.
>>
>>48195365
Its priceless, you dont buy things with cash, you buy its service with favors and power and titans are not sold as they are the currency and power of the Adeptus Titanicus and selling one is relinquishing that power so the only way to get a titan is to either be part of a legion or have a legion be in your service.
>>
>>48195365
Step 1: Be Rogue Trader/Explorator

Step 2: find something valuable like a STC for a machine that produces Nailclippers.

Step 3: Trade the STC for your own Warhound Titan.

Step 4: loose it in drunken gambling.
>>
>>48195365
You can't buy a Titan. It's like asking how many Thrones would it cost to buy a nuclear weapon from the United States.
The only way for you to get a Titan would it be to find it in some backwater planet that the Mechanicus forgot, hire a legion of Malateks or hereteks to refurbish it somehow. With that you would get a fancy paperweight since you'll still need a crew. And it is not the kind of crew you get after doing a weekend long course.
>>
>>48195504
>Fancy new paperweight
That is such a rogue trader thing to do
>"Archebald! Fire up the reactor, these documents keep blowing away!"
>>
>>48195365
Civilian de-militarized Warhound or a straight-from-the-front one?
>>
File: rogue trader2.jpg (397 KB, 679x1000) Image search: [Google]
rogue trader2.jpg
397 KB, 679x1000
>>48195462
>be rogue trader
>find nailclipper STC
>tell techpriests it's a higly advanced melee weapon.
>mfw Space Marines run into battle wielding them.
>>
>>48195689
>you can only buy a titan with four meter long barrel semiauto bolters.
Feels bad man.
>>
>>48195710
Why do you NEED those full-auto assault vulcan mega-bolters? Are you going to shoot up the local Schola Progenium or something?
>>
File: ho-ho-ho.jpg (161 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
ho-ho-ho.jpg
161 KB, 1024x1024
>>48195365
Gifts don't cost anything.
>>
>>48195780
No, I'm going to shoot down the local governor if he decides to embrace no good heretical demon gommunism. Praise the Emperor.
>>
>>48195365
Titans are considered to be literal God-Machines by the Adeptus Mechanicus. To acquire one would have less to do with the cost of thrones and more to do with having extensive Magos-level contacts within the AdMech who implicitly trust you (and even then, it would be a loan, not a gift).

But, for the sake of argument, let's use wonky and unprofessional economics to see how much a Warhound might cost. First, I converted Thrones to USD by discovering that the average entry salary for an Assembly Line Worker is approximately $18,200/year. Divide this by 12, and we come to the figure of $1,517/month (after rounding off decimals). A comparable job in 40k terms would be the Drudging Classes, who, at level 1 in Dark Heresy, make 30 Thrones/Month. So USD to Thrones is approximately a 51:1 ratio (after rounding off decimals).

Next, I consulted with a friend of mine who served in the Navy, and he recommended that I compare the Warhound to a Destroyer. An Arleigh Burke-class destroyer costs 1.843 billion USD. Converted to Imperial currency, this comes to 36,137,255 Thrones (after rounding off decimals). This would just be the basic cost of manufacturing a Warhound, it does not factor in additional fees due to religious significance, or the cost of a crew skilled enough to pilot it (and don't even get me started on the costs of sacred ungents and such).

This is, of course, assuming one would ever be for sale, which is nearly impossible. If someone outside of the AdMech got their hands on one, it's doubtful they'd want to sell something so insanely powerful.
>>
>>48195784
They probably have Invictus hidden somewhere on Calderis.
>>
>>48195365
For an STC you can get your own planet with ease.
But a titan? Nah.
On one hand, those are incredibly andvanced machines of war with their own developing mind.
Said mind will fuck your shit up should you be to weak willed. Most people are.

None to say for the necessary augmetics, but that's a rather small point.

On the other hand, each titan is a walking icon of the Omnissiah. They are the combination of flesh and metal given form as the most destructive ground weapon in the galaxy.
For the cogbros each one is true cross tier holy.

Also titans need a fuck huge supply chain.

So it's not "how many thrones" but "how many worlds".
I think a sub sector worth should be enough.
>>
>>48195696
Worse still, they prove to be effective weapons. Leaving you to wonder who wanted to trim their nails with a power field.
>>
File: 1396770442450.png (226 KB, 342x325) Image search: [Google]
1396770442450.png
226 KB, 342x325
>>48195365
bout three fiddy
>>
>>48196107
Actually I think titans are rarer than space ships. Only forgeworlds have Titan Legions and they are around 50 units at best. Meanwhile every subsector has two scores of warship minimum.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.