[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ Rated Rrrrrr!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: space violence.jpg (125 KB, 1585x1700) Image search: [Google]
space violence.jpg
125 KB, 1585x1700
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>48091661

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
File: Tieinter2.jpg (149 KB, 1020x735) Image search: [Google]
Tieinter2.jpg
149 KB, 1020x735
>>48189148
best fighter coming through
>>
File: Rancoro.jpg (695 KB, 1713x1966) Image search: [Google]
Rancoro.jpg
695 KB, 1713x1966
MORTAL KOMBAT
>>
>>48189640
It literally got announced four days ago. So no, not a single person has it outside FFG.
>>
>>48189652

Personally, I could go for some more X-Wing previews:

>What does Tailgunner do?
>How about Snaps and Jesse?
>Where we right about Finn and that one Tech card from the TIE-SF?
>What's the new Starviper going to look like?
>>
Which new edition of F&D has those interesting new Force locations?
>>
>>48190323
Nexus of Power
>>
>>48190463
cool
>>
Imperial Veterans is great

TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)
TIE/fo Fighter: · "Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
TIE/fo Fighter: · "Zeta Leader" (20)
Wired (1)
TIE Bomber: Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
TIE Shuttle (0)
· Darth Vader (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

I've been enjoying this little squad immensely. Doomshuttle Jr is such a great buy.
>>
Asking for advice on d20 Saga
What are some of the pitfalls to balancing a game. E.g. dead picks, op picks.
What era do you recommend
Can a mix of Jedi and NonJedi work as a group
Are some races better than others
Whats a cool idea youve used that worked well
>>
File: 1450923716716.png (87 KB, 630x688) Image search: [Google]
1450923716716.png
87 KB, 630x688
I'm pretty new to TTRPGs in general and looking to start off with a Star Wars game. Which RPG is the best and why?
>>
>>48190519
>Doomshuttle Jr is such a great buy

I wondering about that build, but I wasn't sure given how you can only use it 3 times max.
>>
>>48189540
Seconded. The Interceptor is sexy. And I love running them in X Wing. Unf.
>>
File: cerean female.png (549 KB, 412x955) Image search: [Google]
cerean female.png
549 KB, 412x955
Gonna be starting a new EotE campaign soon, first time as a player.

Since I'm basically the most knowledgeable about SW in the group, I thought it might be fun to play a very knowledgeable and educated character.

So far I'm thinking I'd play a Cerean, maybe force sensitive, maybe Mystic?

Any suggestions or tips?
>>
>>48189540

>ywn be part of a TIE Interceptor flight heading somewhere for RnR.
>Pretending to be lead so no one knows the Admiral's favorite kind of Twi'lek is Blue.
>Or looks blue through the glitterstim haze anyway.

Just blow my Death Star up
>>
>>48190915
Is there a reference I'm not getting here, or...?
>>
File: Cerean.jpg (14 KB, 402x541) Image search: [Google]
Cerean.jpg
14 KB, 402x541
>>48190906

Watch pic related to get in character.

>>48190946

Not really, it started with the Drake Squadron cover story from Solo Command. But then my imagination went places.
>>
Scum and Villainy asker from previous thread.

Like I mentioned, I am considering starting to collect S&V for X Wing, and want some advice on what to pick up as a "base" so to say. I've been eyeing the Interceptor, StarViper and possibly picking up the Most Wanted pack since I already have the Firespray. Or should I pick up some Z-95's instead of the Interceptors? As I understand it, the StarViper is on the same level or equivilent of a Tie Interceptor for S&V, though this perhaps isn't true.
>>
>>48190906
Always try to carry a healthy supply of explosives, a burner commlink, and false IDs.

Don't get into a starfighter if you're playing RAW. Starfighter combat is incredibly lethal without homebrew.

Trustworthy contacts are worth their weight in gold. A good info broker, fixer, fence, and black market dealer are always nice to have.

Stormtroopers are pretty damn lethal in groups, especially if the GM plays them smart and uses combined-arms tactics. Exercise extreme caution around them.

You probably already know this, but still: lightsabers and visually distinct Force powers should be used only as an "Oh shit" button in the Rebellion era.

And as always, watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammunition, and never, ever make a deal with a Hutt.
>>
>>48191013
Addendum: The Most Wanted pack seems like a must have, all in all.
>>
File: Force_adept_TotG.jpg (153 KB, 704x1072) Image search: [Google]
Force_adept_TotG.jpg
153 KB, 704x1072
>>48191031
Thanks for the general tips, but I was more looking for character advice, like what would be a good career, specialization, etc for a character like this?
>>
>>48191078
I had a player interested in making a Cerean doctor from the Core Worlds who was coerced into letting a prominent Rebel sympathizer die on his operating table by an ISB agent and then hung out to dry after the deed was done. Disgraced and desperate to hide from several groups (Rebels, Medical Union, and an ISB agent looking to tie off loose ends) he made his way to the outer rim.

I talked the player down from the idea when he started talking about installing freezer units on the ship and selling body parts on the black market, but the base concept's a good one.
>>
>>48191078

If Force-y maybe a Consular/Sage? Presence and Intel characteristics
>>
>>48191078
Colonist Scholar works if you want to be a pure bookworm using just EotE's core classes. FaD's Force-sensitive bookworm is the Consular Sage, IIRC.
>>
>>48190688
I've only used it twice at most, but for the points it's a big threat and at 6hp it can't be one shotted and can be really annoying to put down of its green dice hold up. And who wouldn't give up 19 points to finish off soontir or some other ahole?
>>
>>48190607
None of the Star Wars RPGs are bad. In fact, they're all quite competent, if a bit obtuse at times.

Personally, I like the FFG games. Read the rules chapter and see if you like it.
>>
>>48191013
Most Wanted is nice. Good bunch of upgrades and ships. Definitely pick up a HWK, too, as they're all fantastic.

Starviper is closer to a defender, maybe an interceptor/B-Wing mashup. It's not a dodger, more of a bruiser. They are a tad overpriced, but the named pilots are good.

Scyks are hot garbage. Fun to mess around with, but easily the worst ship in the faction and the game.

I would highly recommend the YV, jumpmaster, and G1-A. The YV is a tanky beast with lots of good builds, the jumpmaster can be damn near anything, and the G1 is a bit of a bruiser with a ton of great upgrades.
>>
>>48191246
What's the opinion on the Kihraxz? It looks pretty beefy, and Talonbane looks like he could hurt a lot.
>>
>>48191013
The Starviper is more like the TIE Defender (pre-patch). I love the Starviper, but it's not a ship you'll use very often.

You need Most Wanted if only for the Agromechs and Crew that come with it.

The other guy's recommendations were good.
>>
>>48191303
Not him, but it's basically a Scum X-Wing.
Also, I hold out hope they release a Vaksai title for it at some point, because the Vaksai was my shit in Galaxies.
>>
>>48191232
Shall do, cheers!
>>
Is there anything official or semi-official on why FFG completely ignores the imperial assault gunboat?
>>
Alright, so the list I've been running recently is two glaive Squadron Pilots with the Tie/D title and ion cannons with Predator as their Elite pilot Talent. I've also been teaming them up with a bomber shuttle that has the mark 2 engine and Fleet officer. This has been amazingly lethal, but I'm wondering if it is worth it to drop one of the glaive Squadron Pilots to the countess. It's the same points cost, just pilot skill 5 instead of 6. I lose that extra pilot skill that I love on the glaive Squadron pilot, but gain more unpredictability in my k-turn alignments. Thoughts?
>>
>>48191479
It's probably because the upgrades on the gunboat would basically be exactly the same as what's on the Punisher. Maybe losing the bomb slots, but really just gaining a small amount of health and a large base.
>>
>>48191479
Just take a shuttle with a heavy Laser cannon, and stick Red Line directly behind its base. Perform the same maneuvers on your dials, and there you go. One gun boat.
>>
>>48191479
1) Well....its not a TIE, so visually it clashes with everything Sienar (except the Shuttle, which it does resemble, but babby casuls won't catch on easily)

2) Its basically an Imperial Y-Wing with no turret, which is useful, but how do you jazz it up to not be another bomb truck?

3) Technically non-canon anymore/for the moment, which, depending on how tightly Disney wants them to adhere to NuCanon is a stumbling block (unless it gets recanonized in a novel or Rebels or, hell, I'll even take a mobile game)

On the bright side, FFG gave it stats in EOtE.

Now what's criminally ignored is the Missile Boat...
>>
>>48191303
It's basically an X-Wing without the options, pilots, and fix cards that make the X-Wing good. Talonbane has his uses as a "trade for your ace" guy or at least drawing fire. Not essential, but useful in the right circumstances. I get good mileage out of 2 Black Sun Aces w/glitterstim and crack shot running with Latts Razzi. Subtle as a brick to the face, but it works.
>>
>>48191540
I think Countess is better than the Glaive. Dropping from 6 to 5 is largely irrelevant. You're still under Dash and aces but still over most generics. The extra stuff she can do more than makes up the difference.
>>
>>48191688
That was my thinking as well, but I always have played with symmetrical lists of equal skill when in squadrons. Helps maneuvering options as well as my OCD is calmed.
>>
File: Chewbaraka.jpg (521 KB, 1920x2618) Image search: [Google]
Chewbaraka.jpg
521 KB, 1920x2618
>>48189549

>muffled techno music in the distance
>>
>>48191711

Please tell me Johnny Cage/Han Solo and Lui K'Skywalker are a thing.
>>
File: LAotH_cover_art.png (6 MB, 2504x1234) Image search: [Google]
LAotH_cover_art.png
6 MB, 2504x1234
>>48191031
GM started the campaign with everyone indebted to a Hutt crime lord what do
>>
>>48192864
Be a good lad and do as he says to stay on his good side.
>>
File: Jiggling.gif (809 KB, 322x180) Image search: [Google]
Jiggling.gif
809 KB, 322x180
>>48192864
give him a twilek on a length of chain and call it even
>>
>>48191688
I find Glaives are at a nice spot, for PS 6 and 34pts. Countess is a beast, but she's a specific beast who doesn't benefit at all from Veteran Instincts (like Guri). Glaives do, and are a better fit for something like an x7 build with Predator. You want Countess to have stuff like Juke, Outmanuever, or PtL and MkII or Engine Upgrade.
>>
File: luke_kang_by_fah_qeu-d800277.jpg (172 KB, 1024x1829) Image search: [Google]
luke_kang_by_fah_qeu-d800277.jpg
172 KB, 1024x1829
>>48192809

Well, you're half right

Luke Kang...
>>
>>48193395

Han Zero...
>>
File: leia_blade_by_fah_qeu-d81azn8.jpg (134 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
leia_blade_by_fah_qeu-d81azn8.jpg
134 KB, 1024x1448
>>48193403

Leia Blade...

I really personally don't like these last three, Princess Kitana would have been better for Leia with the Princess connection and the gold bikini at the very least, and Han and Luke pieces are just Han and Luke with the MK clothing and no real changes to the character models

This next one is good though
>>
File: kabal_vader_by_fah_qeu-d8001yt.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1507) Image search: [Google]
kabal_vader_by_fah_qeu-d8001yt.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1507
>>48193423

And Darth Kabal.
>>
File: Lord_Nyax.jpg (178 KB, 483x516) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Nyax.jpg
178 KB, 483x516
>>48193433
MAGNIFICENT
>>
>>48193456

Aw, come on, it's nowhere near THAT bad.
>>
>>48193476
I legit like it. Mortal Kombat works best when it embraces its own ridiculousness, and I'm a sucker for retarded lightsaber designs.
>>
>>48193433
>>48193505

Darth Kabal could actually be a real thing design wise.

>>48193423

Yeah, I'm genuinely suprised they didn't go for Princess Leitana or something for Leia.

Boba Fett should probably be Scorpion, because a Boba Fett who can breath fire is all the universe needs.
>>
File: Lightsaber_set_1_by_shiro522.jpg (98 KB, 992x806) Image search: [Google]
Lightsaber_set_1_by_shiro522.jpg
98 KB, 992x806
>>48193505

Get on my level, padawannabe.
>>
>>48193433
>Hook sabers
Beautiful.
>>
>>48193603
Is that a gunblade saber?
>>
>>48193433

I unironically think this is fucking great, best of the set
>>
>>48193603
>Buster Saber

YES
>>
File: OPTIONS 2.png (1 MB, 1992x1404) Image search: [Google]
OPTIONS 2.png
1 MB, 1992x1404
>>48193505
>I'm a sucker for retarded lightsaber designs.

Let's talk retarded
>>
>>48191303
Kihraxz is like a correctly-priced X-Wing, that replaces it's astro slot with illicit. Torp and missiles are an even exchange.

Otherwise it has a pretty good dial, trading the X-Wing's hard 3-turns for 1-turns, and having both 1 and 2-banks as green.

Gameplay, it's a bit lacking and could use a bit of love. I'm hoping the Vectored Thrusters card in the Arc-170 helps it (and the X-Wing) regain some utility. The Kihraxz has a serious dud pilot in the form of Ghaz the Hunter. He's absolute rubbish, on par with lower-end Tie Interceptor pilots. His lack of EPT is what kills him, and his ability is only sub-par and doesn't make up for it. Talonbane is solid, and benefits from several different builds. I've had luck with engine upgrade, VI, and glitter, but he becomes a 35pt hail-mary. By far the best so far has been Cloak Device, Stygium, and an EPT like Predator, Adaptability (for low cost), etc. It helps him get into that sweet R1, makes him unpredictable, and he feels like a scummy Phantom.

Cartel Marauders are a decent 20pt filler ship. And Black Sun Aces are pretty good EPT carriers.
>>
>>48191584
>Technically non-canon anymore/for the moment, which, depending on how tightly Disney wants them to adhere to NuCanon is a stumbling block

Aren't most of the ships currently available on TT not canon any more?
>>
>>48193980
HWK-290s, Z-95 Headhunters, YT-2400s and TIE Defenders are back in canon and it wouldn't surprise me if more of them slipped back in. Disney/Lucasfilm owns the copyrights for them, so why not make money off them?

The going concern is with the increase in NuCanon movies, shows, books and games, that there's going to be increased pressure to "synergize" with the new products for cross-promotional purposes.

That said, FFG invented the Raider Corvette out of thin air, so who knows what's possible?
>>
>>48194095
>The going concern is with the increase in NuCanon movies, shows, books and games, that there's going to be increased pressure to "synergize" with the new products for cross-promotional purposes.

Plsno. I don't want a rerun of all tie fighter models with a black paint job and slightly buffed stats.
>>
>>48189148

I failed to convince my group to go with Edge of the Empire rather than Star Wars Saga. Consequently, I'll need some help making a gunslinger-type character in Saga. Any suggestions?
>>
>>48194095

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the people at LFL/Disney working with FFG are like, leaning in and saying "hey some of our stuff is pretty hot right now, it'd be good if you could work in the new stuff", but that's as much marketing for FFG as for Disney. Since X-Wing is a competitive, trying to be balanced game which seems, y'know, moderately popular, I assume FFG is still limiting to doing stuff they find interesting or compelling with the game. You can do some real good stuff Ghost, and I saw video of several high finishing lists in Hoth Open using the Inquisitor. Most people seem to agree the latest wave has some interesting and probably useful ships in it.

The question is going to be if NuCanon continues to produce interesting ships or recanonizes interesting ships, and if they don't if FFG will go back to the well of old Flight sims or SWG.
>>
File: wat.jpg (17 KB, 482x358) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
17 KB, 482x358
>>48193703
>metal crossguard
>>
Looking at Strongholds of the empire, Tierfon base, the samply (small) starfighter base, it only has eight starfighters, of a mix of x-wings and y-wings. Is that enough to succesfully attack a supply convoy? Seems on the lower end to me.
>>
>>48193603
But why does the blade curve?
>>
>>48194292
Scoundrel 1, then dump everything else into force-user class/es.

Remember that Use the Force is your primary, secondary and tertiary skill for everything. Grab any and all feats that replaces other skills with Use the Force.
>>
File: darksaber pre viszla.jpg (62 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
darksaber pre viszla.jpg
62 KB, 768x432
>>48195062
>>
>>48194645
It's on the low end, but its enough to attack lightly defended transports. Most of them are slow, have little to no weaponry, and poor shielding. They also aren't going to die to ship blaster packs, so showing up with a squad of ships saying you'll blow the shit out of them is sufficient.
>>
>>48195067

Right. And what about if I want to remain friends with the DM, or have a character who is not a Force User?
>>
>>48195111
>what about if I want to remain friends with the DM...
make sure either everyone is a force-user or no one is.

>or have a character who is not a Force User?
either A) be completely outperformed by the one guy who inevitably goes full force-user, or B) take another shot at convincing your group to play FFG or D6
>>
>>48195062

Superior japanese lightsaber crystals folded over a thousand times.
>>
>>48191246
I've had some success with Ion-scyks, but I have relatively little experience, all of it casual.
>>
File: Predator SWRPG Stats.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Predator SWRPG Stats.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Upcoming Age of Rebellion adventure has the PC's on a mission to rescue rebel POW's from an imperial camp..but soon after the PCs realize they are being hunted by THE PREDATOR!!

>>pic incredibly related
>>
>>48195837

Speaking of Preadtors in Star Wars, have some stats for yautja I made up for the Star Wars Miniatures game.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24107/predator-hunter

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24108/predator-warrior

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24109/predator-hunt-master

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24110/predator-elder

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24042/predator--jungle-hunter
>>
File: Chistori.jpg (22 KB, 241x359) Image search: [Google]
Chistori.jpg
22 KB, 241x359
>>48195837
I would specifically build a Chistori heavy machine gunner, just to have a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus in that game.
>>
>>48195284

Alright, how about a more specific question; what is the quickest/most efficient way into the Gunslinger Prestige?
>>
>finally picked up binder pages for x-wing cards
>now every last upgrade is sorted.

God this feels good
>>
>>48194446
Metal crossguards are perfectly acceptable if you use cortosis, phrik, or some other saber-resistant metal. They're certainly less dangerous to the user than Kylo Ren's lightsaber crossguard.
>>
File: deadwood.png (2 MB, 1283x722) Image search: [Google]
deadwood.png
2 MB, 1283x722
>>48189148
What are some movies and shows that could be good inspiration for an EotE campaign?
>>
>>48199832
>inb4 Star Wars
>>
>>48199832
I dunno about it being a good inspiration, and I certainly don't agree with it being good, but I'd love to see you try to do a campaign inspired by Turkish Star Wars.

I'd almost pay money to see it.
>>
File: 1361243705355.jpg (504 KB, 1393x1000) Image search: [Google]
1361243705355.jpg
504 KB, 1393x1000
>>48199832
Though I'm not entirely sure how you'd replicate the caster gun.
>>
>>48199832
Any Kurosawa movie
Fistful of Dollars trilogy
Cowboy Bebop
Firefly
Gunsmith Cats
Outlaw Star
Heat
Reservoir Dogs
Space Dandy
Hard Boiled
Red Dwarf
Planetes
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
>>
>>48199832
Breaking Bad.
Ya know, I would actually want to play a game of being a bunch of low-level schmucks starting off as street hustlers and rising to power and prominence Scarface style.
>>
>>48199832
Just going from what I've watched today, Midnight Run (for a smaller campaign), obviously firefly, The Wild Geese, The Dogs Of War, maybe some plots from CI-5
I've also got a list of westerns as long as your leg that'd be good inspiration
>>
>>48195111
>And what about if I want to remain friends with the DM

If he gets pissy, remind him that he voted for Saga. If he wants to play a decent, balanced game, he can fucking pick the decent, balanced system.
>>
>>48200016
But how do you do mechanics for a training montage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0k-80n-zI
>>
File: The-big-sleep.png (1 MB, 1483x1038) Image search: [Google]
The-big-sleep.png
1 MB, 1483x1038
>>48199832
Try some humphrey bogart film
>>
File: SweetPoster,Bro.jpg (39 KB, 292x427) Image search: [Google]
SweetPoster,Bro.jpg
39 KB, 292x427
>>48201265
Personally, I'm more of a fan of Murder, My Sweet.
>>
>>48200165
I've done that in the old 40K Black Crusade
Funny thing was the damn characters where plagued with bad luck, either half the product would end up in the crew or they'd set part of the ship on fire with an exploding drug lab... then successfully blame it on the crew so they didn't get in trouble with the chaos captain. Whole enterprise sort of lurched from hilarious shenanigans to abject failure every session.
>>
>>48201586
Those are the best sorts of moments
>>
>>48201607
Yeah, this unaligned tech priestess who used to make paint for the Imperium (well someone had to) that got into trouble with the ad-mech, running around with all this chemistry knowledge that got put to no good use and teamed up with a Slaanesh cultist charlatan.
Neither could roll their way out of bed to make/sell or ever break even, but somehow always managed to pull it back from the brink when they where cornered and truly fucked.

Rest of the group was sort of derp-fight types, but those two where memorable
>>
>>48199832

Porco Rosso
>>
>>48191711
Disappointed Baraka isn't a Barabel.
>>
Do the ISB and Imperial Intelligence still hate each other with a passion in Nucanon?
>>
File: pillar men2.png (656 KB, 825x886) Image search: [Google]
pillar men2.png
656 KB, 825x886
>>48200962
Take the party to the gym and award bonuses based on calories burned/weight lost/muscle gains?
>>
I want to play Force and Destiny, but I have no idea how to play, and I don't know where to go to play it.

When I say I have no idea how to play, I mean I've never played a tabletop RPG. My only experience with diceroll games is Kotor 1/2, and even then I don't think that counts because I played those when I was 8.
>>
>>48200136
Planetes? Really? About one garbage man's quest to be a huge jerk as he tries to get into the Imperial Academy?
>>
>>48203021
>quest to be a huge jerk
Sounds like most PCs, really.
>>
>>48202550
Yes.
>>
Dunno who in this thread plays or has even heard of it, but I've been working on a Feng Shui 2 Star Wars conversion for around a month now. Would anyone wanna see that? It's 95% just stat conversion, but I've got hack ideas in another doc waiting to be sprung upon my hapless players.
>>
File: mando29.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
mando29.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1440
>>
>>48204272
My God, it's the Spacia Mandero
>>
File: mando46.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mando46.jpg
394 KB, 1920x1200
>>48204340
Its so friendly looking too, room for 2 and kids in the back, cruise the galaxy murdering people together
>>
>>48204272
How the fuck do you park that thing?
>>
>>48204409
Whole bottom keel section folds under
http://fractalsponge.net/?p=1516
>>
>>48204409
very carefully
>>
>>48204436
>rests on its wings
Why?
>>
File: 83285024.jpg (57 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
83285024.jpg
57 KB, 720x576
>>48204459
IT CAN BECAUSE SPACE STUFF!
>>
>>48193403
1-1 =0

It checks out.
>>
>>48193703
>>48194446
>>48199099
Or if it;s to stop your own hand from sliding up onto the blade.

>>48200121
It would likely have to be more tech than magic, just really exotic ammunition.
>>
>>48204459
Wings are superfluous on a craft that's either flying in vacuum or using its particle shields to work in atmosphere.

>>48204272
>>48204401
>>48204436
I do find the idea that after Fett got famous and Kuat had its post-Endor shakeups Mandalmotors poached (And possibly literally kidnapped) the Firespray team.
>>
>>48204590
>Wings are superfluous on a craft that's either flying in vacuum or using its particle shields to work in atmosphere.

In Star Wars, at least, s-foils help radiate heat or some shit like that. Plus, given the size of that "wing," it probably stores a lot of electronics in addition to all the gubbins that help the lasers work and maybe the trunk. Sitting on that wing sounds like a great way to fuck up all the machinery and moving parts.
>>
>>48204623
Personally I would have given the hinge more room and let the tail thing flick FORWARD so the flat rear of the long part would be on the ground.

And it could even fly that way too.
>>
>>48204272
Oh look, more creative bankruptcy. Since Jango was kinda-sorta a Mando, and Slave I was his ship, clearly ALL Mando ships should look like they were designed by the same guy who designed the Slave I!
GENIUS!
>>
>>48204788
It's hilarious, given that Slave 1 wasn't even designed for Mandos, or by Mandos either.
>>
I just got a most hunter and I'm loving the cards that come with it, but I don't understand something about the camo card
It says that in the final phase you have to roll an attack dice and if you get a concentration result you have to choose to either deactivate the camo or remove the came token
Isn't it the same thing?
What's the difference?
>>
>>48204788
>>48204844
This is a ship made after Boba was put in charge (In the awful Travis trash)

It actually makes sense that emulating Slave 1 became popular at that time.
>>
File: aiat i.jpg (73 KB, 624x323) Image search: [Google]
aiat i.jpg
73 KB, 624x323
>>48205063
>tfw no love for the Slave IV
Goddamn, that thing was pure sex.
>>
What do you guys think of a Triple D list?
Two Glaives with x7 with Crackshot
and Vessey with x7 Crackshot
>>
>>48205149
I like my Glaives with Vet Instincts but it's pretty killy regardless.
>>
>>48205031
when you deactivate it you get to do the decloak move.
>>
>>48200962
what do you mean mechanics. Just apply the standard for learning new skills etc.
Then have the players describe what they're doing in the various moments you cut the focus to them.
>>
File: 1442699002163.jpg (8 KB, 183x169) Image search: [Google]
1442699002163.jpg
8 KB, 183x169
>>48200121
>when another player points out you've essentially made a more serious Aisha Clan-Clan
>and then points out how another has made a less responsible Gene
>and continues with the rest of the group

I don't know if this is a good pain.
>>
>>48205082
Christ, what a bug.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 750x1334
Who else is more excited for Rogue One than they were for Force Awakens?
>>
>>48207487
Still holding out hope despite reshoots that might be making it more quippy. Can't take anything on the internet without a grain of salt.
>>
>>48207487
no Kyle "doom guy" Katarn.... no hope NO HOPE!
>>
File: Mandalore the Beardless.png (190 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
Mandalore the Beardless.png
190 KB, 533x400
>>48208324
Is Stubbles McJacket from the trailer confirmed for a role that doesn't fit the Kyle Katarn niche? Not even a half-assed ethnic Katarn?
>>
>>48207487
yes

but I'm not that excited, because I know too well how being excited for star wars things ends up.
>>
>>48208368
as far as i know...no he has not been and besides u cant half ass Katarn. Im still sour over Disney throwing out the EU
>>
>>48208540
>u cant half ass Katarn
Hollywood can half-ass anything.
>>
File: Rey_ayanami.png (454 KB, 678x711) Image search: [Google]
Rey_ayanami.png
454 KB, 678x711
Daily reminder that Rey > Ahsuka
>>
File: 1456875548992.jpg (66 KB, 625x458) Image search: [Google]
1456875548992.jpg
66 KB, 625x458
>>48208540
>>
File: zeldalikeigiveafuck.gif (340 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
zeldalikeigiveafuck.gif
340 KB, 500x399
>>48209010
Someday, weebs will all die.
>>
>>48209237
Threadly reminder that Star Wars is heavily inspired by the films of Akira Kurosawa.
It's inherently semi-weeb.
Although >>48209010 has shit taste.
>>
File: Rey.jpg (50 KB, 600x712) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
50 KB, 600x712
>>48209672
Superior Rey coming through
>>
Could anyone post some art appropriate for sith assassins/emperors hands -type characters?
>>
>>48191671
In my personal opinion Talonbane is the best pilot in the game. Your boring old lasers at range 1 have 5 attack dice and you get 4 evade at range 3 (unless shot by a secondary weapon).
>>
Does anyone actually play any SW campaigns in here?
>>
File: NCA1.jpg (105 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
NCA1.jpg
105 KB, 700x800
Revan deserves to be canon more than Katarn

Fight me.
>>
>>48210585
Yes, your video game mary sue protagonist deserves more attention then Mandalore the Bearded.
>>
>>48210796
>video game Mary Sue protagonist
But that's Kyle too.

And Revan only gets called a Mary Sue because you play as him. After Kotor 1, everything he does goes to shit. He's imprisoned for 3 years, freed by the Exile for all of a day, then the Exile dies when he tried to take on the Emperor, then he's imprisoned for 300 years, gets freed by a bigger Mary Sue, tries to genocide the entire Sith race, gets defeated and dies, comes back as a Dark Side Lich, and then gets btfo and leaves (presumably) forever.

Kyle is successful at everything he does, or at the least, has a higher success rate than Revan.
>>
>>48210796
>implying Kyle Katarn isn't a video game mary sue protagonist
>>
>>48210943
>>48211024
Not a big fan of either, but at least Katarn has a personality beyond "Bioware Protagonist #11"
>>
>>48211040
Ah yes, because "grumpy quipping beard with mysterious past" is so much more original.
>>
>>48210796
>>48210943
>>48211024
>>48211040
Girls, girls! You're both pretty!
>>
>>48210498
I do! Or well, i have, currently am GM'ing one. Anything you want to know?
>>
File: Vwing_ICS.jpg (230 KB, 1050x951) Image search: [Google]
Vwing_ICS.jpg
230 KB, 1050x951
V-wing for Scum/Villainy 2017
>>
>>48212536
V-wing could be the first all-faction ship, honestly.
Maybe they should do a wave with it, the skipray and some other all-faction ships. That mite b cool
>>
File: GAT-12H Skipray Blastboat.jpg (91 KB, 685x550) Image search: [Google]
GAT-12H Skipray Blastboat.jpg
91 KB, 685x550
>>48212771
Mmmmmm

Skiprays.
>>
>>48212894
>>48212771

See, I'd probably find that an interesting concept, y'know, to release a ship across factions like that which would probably have all the same upgrade slots and to just see how that synergizes differently.

I don't think the V-Wing could do that because it should have an Astromech slot, which, y'know, would not be supported Imps normally and would probably cause some issues.
>>
File: ARC170_concept.jpg (59 KB, 848x576) Image search: [Google]
ARC170_concept.jpg
59 KB, 848x576
>>48212771
You see, I can picture V-wings as Rebel/Scum ships, but not as Imperial. The V-wing was specifically phased out for the TIE Fighter soon after the formation of the Empire, as opposed to something like the ARC-170, which they still did use in small numbers as 'elite' craft.
>>
File: uhsuka.png (132 KB, 256x375) Image search: [Google]
uhsuka.png
132 KB, 256x375
>>48209672
agreed.
uhsuka is best girl
>>
File: ewok-pillow-fight-o.gif (6 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ewok-pillow-fight-o.gif
6 MB, 320x240
Anyone want to talk about the times they've been taken into, or maybe confess about the times they've brought Star Wars RPG players into their magical realm?

With this general I expect most of the stories to be about the times they've had players modify star fighters.
>>
>>48213094
They were canonically still in use with remote garrisons and reserve units around the time of the OT
>>
>>48213027
>I don't think the V-Wing could do that because it should have an Astromech slot
V-wings can only use the one specialized model, actually. So they shouldn't have a slot
>>
File: chief-chirpa.png (249 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
chief-chirpa.png
249 KB, 300x418
Any other Star Wars LCG players? My two main decks right now are Rebel fighters and Sith Force dominance. But I'm toying with an idea for an Ewok deck using the Jedi faction. If I put in all of the Jedi or neutral objective sets with Ewoks in them, I come up with 11 objective sets.
>2 x Lost in the Forest
>2 x Sacrifice at Endor
>2 x Ties of Blood
>2 x Warriors of the Forest.
>1 x Courage of the Tribe
>1 x Tribal Support
>1 x Tribe of the Trees
I'm not sure which one or two objectives I would want to take out. Taking out 1 would get me down to standard deck size, and taking out a second would let me try to get in a set with Twist of Fate or some other useful tech.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 900x1309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 900x1309
>>48210013
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 1550x1015) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 1550x1015
>>48214052
>>
>>48213273
Every time I convince my gm to allow a character to find a Z-95 mk.1.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 600x881
>>48214095
Just pretend the blades are red
>>
File: wonder what his title is.jpg (277 KB, 900x1169) Image search: [Google]
wonder what his title is.jpg
277 KB, 900x1169
>>48210013
>>
>>48210013
Say no more, fampai.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 800x800
>>48214148
>>
>>48211152
Just want to hear about whats been happening in the game and the story and shit.
>>
File: 1453174331430.jpg (26 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
1453174331430.jpg
26 KB, 500x685
>>48210013
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 800x962) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 800x962
>>48214188
>>
File: star wars.png (4 MB, 1269x1800) Image search: [Google]
star wars.png
4 MB, 1269x1800
>>48210013
I request this in a drawthread long ago.
I think they looks kind of sith-y.
>>
File: sith.jpg (103 KB, 600x825) Image search: [Google]
sith.jpg
103 KB, 600x825
>>48210013
Robot-kun needs to learn when the image is different it's not an identical post.
>>
I'm curious, what is the most stable position in the Empire? Useful enough where you won't be tossed to the front lines tracking down rebels and would-be Jedi, but not under close scrutiny from Palpy and Vader?
>>
>>48214174

Darb Yakya
>>
>>48195333
underated post
>witnessed
>>
File: 1436006136082.jpg (122 KB, 871x1000) Image search: [Google]
1436006136082.jpg
122 KB, 871x1000
>>48210013
>>
>>48212894
Tyber Zann for 2016 Scum Expansions.

I want Buzz Droid torpedoes on my StarVipers!
Skipray Blastboats jamming enemy weapons!
Tyber Zann himself bribing the enemy!
Make Scum and Villainy corrupt again!
>>
>>48214297
Probably being the planetary governor of some obscure tiny world somewhere in the mid rim
>>
>>48214148
>>
>>48214297
...Emperor?

Outside of that, probably something in infrastructure, like maintenance, damage cleanup, Basically any non-combat pencil pushing role on a quiet little Core World.

Not mechanics and technicians, though. They get killed by Rebel saboteurs with alarming frequency.
>>
>>48214413
Civilian contractors were the real losers of the Galactic civil war.
>>
>>48208324
>>48208368
I am pretty sure he's Biggs.
>>
anyone have the DarkStryder campaign adventure books in PDF format? specifically the Kathol Rift and Endgame
I recently picked up the box set and first adventure book and I can't find the other two in the OP mediafire
>>
>>48214999
I think its in here somewhere http://www.hungry-ewok.ru/sw/all_books.htm
>>
>>48215055
nyet, that only has the short stories from the adventure books, not the books themselves
>>
>>48214405
making the picture half red actually made it more visually interesting

good work anon
>>
>>48206370
Oh I see
>>
File: SWG-light-frighter.jpg (858 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
SWG-light-frighter.jpg
858 KB, 1500x1500
>>48189148

Man, I've been playing so much XWA. I'm bummed we'll never see a new game like this ever again. This is really cool. If only they could mix FPS/RPG with this kind of combat. That'd be sick.
>>
>>48215345
>FPS/RPG with this kind of combat
If you mean a game where every button on the keyboard is used for something, no matter how arcane, situational, or pointless it is, have you tried ArmA? It even comes with planes that pretty much require a joystick to properly fly. It's also moddable as fuck.
>>
>>48214318
>We Skyrim Sith, now!
>>
>>48215345
You could look into Star Citizen, it's really picked up momentum ever since the beginning of the year.
>>
>>48195079
is that a real pic?

looks like a wabocho or some other japanese knife.
>>
>>48216612
Yes, it's a real pic. It's from season 4 of The Clone Wars, I believe.

The saber is supposed to be a relic from the Old Republic era, over a thousand years in the past, which the guy's ancestor stole from the Jedi Temple when the Mandalorians wrecked it a millennium in the past.
>>
>>48216612
>>48195079
>>48216683
It;s literally a recolor of the generic vibrosword, it was originally going to be a Cortosis or Beskar Vibroblade but lucas said he'd rather that lightabers not go up against saber-resistant swords (Staves were fine though, he just didn't like it done for sword vs sword from an aesthetic point of view)

THe less-round blade apparently makes it somewhat easier for a non force sensitive to use it without having it torque out of his hands.
>>
Finally downloaded Outlaws off GoG

What is this A+++++ Spaghetti Western glory? How did I miss this, man? I want to play a bounty hunter based off this guy TONIGHT.
>>
>>48217202
Of minor interest is that it was stolen from the jedi who had it on lockdown. Implying they had to seal it away from someone else
>>
>>48209699
If I pull that off, will you die?
>>
File: Bloodline-cover.jpg (529 KB, 1579x2400) Image search: [Google]
Bloodline-cover.jpg
529 KB, 1579x2400
Has anyone here read Bloodline? How'd you like it? I've enjoyed most of the new books but they have a serious case of 'nothing much happens in the end'. Without giving away what happens in Bloodline is it the same?
>>
>>48220248
No, stuff definitely happens, but the problem here is that it's all a setup for TFA. There are some genuinely good bits, yes, but most just feels like A is happening so B can be there by the time the movie happens.
>>
>>48220248
The damn book feels like part one of a trilogy.
>>
File: 20160711_005645.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160711_005645.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Hey /swg/ how's my painting skills? This is my first attempt at repainting a ship, although it's nothing too drastic. I tried to create lieutenant blount's ship.
>>
>>48220638
Is that a good or bad thing?
>>
File: 20160711_005940.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160711_005940.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>48220708
>>
>>48220713
I'd say it's bad because parts two and three won't come out and we'll get a movie instead.
>>
>>48213273
>Women in helmets
That's hot, also thanks for the new fetish
>>
How much world-building do you do in preparation for your star wars games? Cities, the people there, all that jazz. Apologies if this is worded poorly, i'm not quite sure just how to articulate my issue.

I have been sort of aching to run a game again(maybe one of the FFG books), but the irl group I ran with up until a year or two ago has made me too nervous about giving access to a ship. The fear being, of course, that they'll just fly off and do their own thing, probably on some planet or in some sector that I hadn't really accounted for. Galaxy's a big place.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, necessarily - I could get into some more exploration-based shenanigans instead of following whatever humdrum story I piece together. Depends on the group. I struggle a great deal with it, though, in that I just feel constantly unprepared for keeping it entertaining.

Is there anything I could perhaps do to make this sort of changing of locations a little easier to work around? Or is it perhaps something I should hope they just don't do that often?
>>
>>48220968
Keep a generic map, enemy and characteristics list that you can adapt to any of the ridiculous places your party harebrains off to.
>>
>>48215119
http://d6holocron.com/downloads/wegdarkstryder.html

D6 holocron. When you've got that WEG feeling.
>>
>>48220968
Here's what I would do, the players are the assigned crew to a ship they've been assigned to by the Empire/Rebellion/Black sun/whatever. There is only a single NPC on the ship, the Captain, who receives a list of targets/rumours/opportunities from elsewhere. He turns to his trusted crew to decide on where to go next, and sometimes he decides that they must go somewhere next. This way you end session arcs with letting players vote between 2-4 short descriptions of destinations/quests, and then have time to prep the actual place in detail as it is relevant.
Eventually you can off the Captain when you feel the players are in a place where they will probably continue this same behavior on their lonesome, and ofcourse the pipeline of information will still remain from further up.

Also, never underestimate the capability of talking to your players beforehand and laying down some groundrules, ie they can't expect to just fuck off wherever they want. They need to make goals and interests clear beforehand so you can prep for it, if there's a difficulty winging it.
>>
File: Vivec-Cropped.jpg (219 KB, 494x622) Image search: [Google]
Vivec-Cropped.jpg
219 KB, 494x622
>>48215403
Fuck, now I want to figure out how to run The Elder Holocrons as a tabletop campaign.
>>
>>48220708
>>48220737
Looks decent. The red lines are rough: cut some masking tape and use it to sharpen up those red lines.
>>
X Wing help:

I've been running the Y wing like it can use it's primary weapon AND it's ion turret per turn. Is this the case?

I got completely rekt by it at the weekend but that was mainly because we were counting all the dice hits rather than just 1 damage per use of the ion turret. I researched it because it was clearly OP but only using the turret per turn seems too weak.
>>
>>48224114
>like it can use it's primary weapon AND it's ion turret per turn
Are you running it with the BTL-A4 title?
>>
>>48224241

No I wasn't. Is that with the Y wing expansion or a later one.

It was Horton Salm with an astromech I can't remember and Ion turret. Since my opponents was ignoring the ion turret only does 1 damage sentence. He was shooting then hitting for up to 3 damage with the turret rerolling misses. Took Vader out in turn 2.

I was too stoked to use my new interceptors I neglected to read up on the Y.
>>
Any armada news?

Flotillas when?
>>
>>48224286
Then no, you can only make one attack per turn regardless of how many weapons you have unless you have a card that explicitly says otherwise.

The main advantage of turrets is that you do not have to worry about firing arcs.

For ion turrets you roll the attack as normal, it's only after any amount of damage gets through the defender's green dice/evade tokens/etc that the damage dice results get replaced by 1 damage and an ion token.

If that 1 damage seems weak, that's because the whole point of ion weaponry is to inflict ion tokens, the damage is just a bonus.

Basically your opponent was indulging in some turbo-bullshit.
>>
>>48224446
Thanks for the clear response.
>>
>>48224425
Flotillas, Interdictors, and Liberty-type are all still "on the boat."
>>
>>48224507
>Interdictors
>no Black Asp Title
>no Captain Iillor
This betrayal can never be forgiven.
>>
>>48202733
Beginner Boxset has all you need, get some friends who like lightsabers together and get to using the Force
>>
>>48191124

I had a trandoshan doctor that sold body parts. Good shit; even cut up a hutt.
>>
>>48202733
>I played those when I was 8.
>start to call user underageb&
>realize that kotor 1 is 13 years old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc
>>
>>48224673
Don't worry anon, 10 years ago is still the 90s for me and I'm close to 30.
>>
File: old fogey.jpg (169 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
old fogey.jpg
169 KB, 480x680
>>48224673
>Dark Forces came out 21 years ago
>X-Wing came out 23 years ago
>WEG's Star Wars d6 system is 29 years old
>Heir to the Empire is 25 years old
All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.
>>
>>48224286
As the other guy said, epic level bullshit.

The only way a Y-Wing is getting multiple attacks, is if it takes the BTL-A title, or a Twin Laser Turret. With the Twib Laser Turret, it makes two attacks at 3 dice as a turret, but each attack inflicts only 1 damage if it goes hits. With the BTL-A title, it can perform a turret attack after performing a primary weapon attack, but it can never attack outside it's arc (the turret is essentially locked in the forward position).
>>
File: 1349417340855.jpg (38 KB, 550x510) Image search: [Google]
1349417340855.jpg
38 KB, 550x510
>>48224760
>>
>>48202733

Local game shop or roll 20 or get books, dice and friends.

1. Read Books
2. Have fun.
3. ???
4. Profit.
>>
>>48224973
Welcome to being an adult.

Just wait, eventually you'll see shit from the early 2000's, and it will look goofy and outdatd.
>>
>>48199099
Are any of the saber resistant materials still canon?
>>
>>48225065
>saber resistant
>talking about blaster-resistant
Fucking hell, my reading comprehension is shit.
>>
>>48225021
>eventually
Shit from the early 2000's looks goofy and outdated TODAY.
>>
File: 1453721723745.png (791 KB, 680x612) Image search: [Google]
1453721723745.png
791 KB, 680x612
>>48224760
>>
So how hard is it/should it be to get a small handful of people out of the spice mines of kessel (around the time of the galactic empire)? I've tried reading up on the place but a lot of what I've found is inconsistent or at least paints a very complected picture.

Basically I need a few pieces of information.
Who, ultimately, is in charge of Kessel. On paper or in reality. I've read that the empire controls the place but also that local nobles control the place. Are the nobles part of the empire? In their pocket? Does the empire "donate" prisoners to them?

Can you land on kessel? Under any pretense can you say sneak a freighter onto the planet with the guise of doing normal merchant shit?

Can you survive on the surface of kessel? I keep reading that it's various stages of uninhabitable, mostly that the atmosphere just sucks and is supplemented by factories that produce oxygen. Could you say walk across the surface unprotected?

How much of a shit would the folks there give about only a small handful of slaves getting away? Acceptable losses not worth losing 40 guards over (but maybe worth 20)? Chase to the ends of the planet? Chase to the ends of the galaxy?

Is there any indicator whatsoever what a prison on kessel might look like? I'm picturing more of a mining camp without a whole shitload of security and cells and shit just because it's not like you can run anywhere, instead of say a bunch of maximum security prisons that they let you out of to mine every now and then.
>>
>>48225021
Though, it is worth keeping in mind that at the turn of the century, we had lots of digital tech advancements and were still figuring out how to apply them. We had advancements in CGI. The Internet was almost what it is today. The N64, Playstation 2, and Xbox were in their prime. The music industry was still safe and secure prior to the rise of the MP3.

Sure, these weren't all life changing developments functional blaster when, but the early 2000s had some very interesting changes for the world.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (98 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
98 KB, 600x397
>>48193603
>no Tsubaki
>>
File: Kyle_Katarn.jpg (592 KB, 1232x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kyle_Katarn.jpg
592 KB, 1232x1200
>>48189148
I miss Kyle, do they at least have some replacement?
>>
>>48225525

There isn't much solid information about how Kessel works. The Empire controls the mines, likely through a Governor (everyone loves that title). Prisoners are sent there as part of Imperial-sanctioned punishments, so I'd expect the prisons are similarly Imperial-operated.

Given how tightly the Empire controls the Spice trade from Kessel, you'd likely need special clearances to land, even if you aren't buying/selling spice. You should expect searches, especially when departing.

The atmosphere does indeed suck (it is an asteroid in most of the appearances it has had). Surviving on the surface would be difficult, due to thin atmosphere and cold.

You'd likely get a fairly heavy initial pursuit; any vessel carrying slaves off of Kessel could also be carrying stolen spice. The Empire also looks very poorly on raiding their prisons in general. Depending on who you freed would determine if the Govenor would escalate the response (if a few minor prisoners? They'd likely cover it up. Major political prisoner? Expect big trouble).

The prison would still be heavily guarded, due to Imperial standardisation of stuff.
>>
>>48225650
Kanan Jarrus is shaping up to be Katarn-light along with Rahm Kota light. He hits a lot of the same buttons for a lot of folks, including myself. He's not really a full replacement yet but I hold out hope.
>>
>>48225525
From what I recall, deep in the recesses of my childhood, Kessel is a red planet that is incredibly dry with lots of canyons. The Empire treats the planet like a very high security prison, as it's a popular destination for people that piss off Palpatine or commit capital offenses (i.e. Incom's staff that didn't escape to the Rebels was sent to Kessel for passing the Rebels the X-wing designs). Travelling on the surface is possible, but not advisable, partially because of the conditions, and partially because there is nowhere else to go. That, and because Imperials patrol the surface with both TIEs and walkers. Most of the facilities (including the mines) are Imperial, and therefore incredibly blocky and grey.

I'm not sure if business can be conducted, but I imagine if there is either you normally deal in spice with the Empire, or it's under the supervision of several blasters.

Take anything I said with a grain of salt, as this is what I vaguely remember from the old Rogue Squadron game many years ago.
>>
>>48225603
N64's prime was the mid to late 90's. Gamecube was during the era of XBox and Playstation 2.
>>
So alliance overhaul costs 0 points and has no downsides, typo?
>>
>>48225398
To be fair, most shit from the early 2000's looked goofy and outdated when it came out.
>>
>>48226174
No. It's designed that way. There's nowhere to put text that alters how a ship operates, so titles are what they have to use. The cost of the title is baked into the ship.

Preview thoughts:

Tail gunner is actually pretty good. Definitely give it a try on Scum Kath, might even brake out a Imperial bounty hunter and see how it does with it. 35 points can buy you a lot in the Empire these days, but I'll give it a shot at least.

2 pt. barrel roll mod is a good addition to the game. Helps the Kihraxz a bit. Will be fun to throw on HWKs.

R3 astromech seems godawful. Literally useless on generics, because they'll get the evade after they get shot. Giving up firepower seems like way too steep a price, and 2 pts. for the droid isn't free. Combo with Juke maybe, but then it has to be a primary weapon attack. I feel like there's something I'm missing with this card, and yes I thought of Norra's ability. Still seems really bad.

Overall looks like a fun ship, curious they didn't preview the torpedoes. They probably will do another preview about all the different asteroid-changing stuff in the wave later.
>>
>>48225525
wasnt the Opening Level of Empire at War Forces of Corruption a Kessel prison break?
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/11/alliance-overhaul/

THE PREVIEWING BEGINS

...QUITE WHY WE'RE GETTING WAVE 9 PREVIEWS BEFORE HEROES OF THE RESISTANCE I DON'T KNOW BUT THERE IT IS.
>>
>>48226174
>typo?

no, its the lack of "we cant individually stat primary weapons in different parts of the ship"

the primary front guns are obviously more powerful than the rear, thus the title. and you cant have a turret slot on the ARC since the rear turret was not meant to shoot 360.
>>
>>48225650
Who? lol
>>
>>48226266
>R3 astromech seems godawful. Literally useless on generics, because they'll get the evade after they get shot. Giving up firepower seems like way too steep a price, and 2 pts. for the droid isn't free. Combo with Juke maybe, but then it has to be a primary weapon attack. I feel like there's something I'm missing with this card, and yes I thought of Norra's ability. Still seems really bad.

maybe its good for the T70 with Comms Relay
>>
>>48226282
>tail gunner

>With Kath Scarlet with Outmaneuver

fapping
>>
File: rebel-arc-170-600px.gif (4 MB, 600x388) Image search: [Google]
rebel-arc-170-600px.gif
4 MB, 600x388
>>48226282
I'm going to have an obnoxious number of ARC-170s, and I will regret nothing. MY SHIPFU LIVES!
>>
>>48226407
I have to say, that's a sick looking model. I'm looking forward to a couple of older lists consisting of it, ys, and zs.
>>
>>48226360

My only thought on that is it forces her to give up Dengar crew, which I've been running on Scum Firesprays lately, and it's really solid on them.

Otherwise, yeah, one agility Soontir sounds fucking awesome.
>>
>>48226360

Surely that'd be diminishing returns though?

>>48226433

Just give her predator then. It's basically the best of both.

Wait, here's another thought, does auxiliary arc cover the Hound's tooth 180 fire arc?
>>
>>48226407
>I'm going to have an obnoxious number of ARC-170s

you mean 4?

cause you can only legally field 4 of them
>>
How should I do a corrupting Sith Holocron, anons?

One of my players found one in an abandoned Sith lab they were looting, and claimed it for himself.

I know it's going to spend time teaching him useful things, that will lead to it corrupting him, but... Any mechanical advice?

Saga Edition, by the way.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.