[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Legacy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: purest waifu.jpg (387 KB, 1728x972) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387 KB, 1728x972
>Lists
>Bantz
>''''''''''proxy'''''''''' cards

2-0-1 in my last weekly at the shop

>buying a set of autographed Antiquities Mishra's Factory, one of each season so I can swap them out as the RL season dictates.

>1-1-1 Lands
One of the other shop guys later told Lands guy to 'always draw g1 out to like 45 minutes so you guarantee a 1-0 win against D&T'

>2-0 Miracles
Miraczzzzzzz

>2-0 Eldrazi
Turns out Squid Stompy can't beat Worship
Creature (26)
1x Brimaz, King of Oreskos
1x Eldrazi Displacer
1x Fiend Hunter
4x Flickerwisp
1x Mangara of Corondor
1x Mirran Crusader
4x Mother of Runes
3x Phyrexian Revoker
2x Serra Avenger
4x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Land (23)
2x Cavern of Souls
1x Flagstones of Trokair
3x Karakas
1x Mishra's Factory
1x Plains (Unglued, tilt land)
7x Plains (Unhinged)
4x Rishadan Port
4x Wasteland

Artifact (7)
4x AEther Vial
1x Batterskull
1x Sword of Fire and Ice
1x Umezawa's Jitte

Instant (4)
4x Swords to Plowshares

Sideboard
2x Aegis of the Gods
2x Containment Priest
2x Ethersworn Canonist
2x Island Sanctuary
1x Mirran Crusader
2x Rest in Peace
2x Spirit of the Labyrinth
2x Worship
>>
Critique my Shortcake list

1 Great Furnace
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Plateau
2 Wooded Foothills
3 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Mountain
1 Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
1 Magus of the Moon
1 Phyrexian Revoker
1 Simian Spirit Guide
3 Goblin Welder
4 Imperial Recruiter
4 Painter's Servant
1 Engineered Explosives
2 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Lotus Petal
3 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Grindstone
4 Blood Moon
2 Enlightened Tutor
2 Red Elemental Blast
4 Pyroblast
SB: 1 Enlightened Tutor
SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
SB: 1 Rest in Peace
SB: 1 Manic Vandal
SB: 1 Trinisphere
SB: 1 Thorn of Amethyst
SB: 1 Sphere of Law
SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 Ethersworn Canonist
SB: 2 Ajani Vengeant
SB: 2 Pyrokinesis
SB: 2 Sudden Shock
>>
File: 21_ad_nauseam_splash.jpg (83 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
21_ad_nauseam_splash.jpg
83 KB, 600x412
Played legacy first time couple of days ago at casual event at my LGS. Played with friends manaless dredge, fun as hell, went 2-2. And its pretty cheap, under 150€ for whole thing, even less as I have some pieces of it alredy. Gonna sell some of standard crap i've got and order it up.

How bad person am I for playing it? It seems that most people think I should just kill myself, pretty much same as when I go play modern with my 8rack. Also, what good utility should I fill SB with? Mindbreak Trap seems good against storm-based decks and maybe Iona as a reanimation target to hose elves and such?

Pic related, my feeling when playing first game
>>
Anyone wanna share their experiences with Villa Zheng proxies? I've read a few people claim they've been deckchecked at Comp REL and didn't get caught.
>>
>>48188333
To me, Manaless is more of a metagame deck. Its reasonably well positioned against Eldrazi and Miracles, but can stuggle with t1 Delver decks. Other combo decks are also generally way faster.

Buying into it is kind of like buying into Dragon Stompy: its not a bad deck and you shouldn't feel bad about playing it, but local meta shifts will affect you way more than a random Delver/DnT list.
>>
>>48188333
If you play Dryad Arbors and Dakmor Salvages main you can put anti-hate to sb in order to not scoop half your games, you don't need any reanimation targets beyond either River Kelpie if you're playing "honest" or Balustrade Spy to kill with Hatebound+Troll the same turn. Leyline of Sanctity beats Bojuka Bog which is often the only hate Lands has against you and slows down ANT enough for you to goldfish back.
>>
>>48188467
Lands can bring in Spheres and has Tabernacle + Glacial chasm, which pose a legitimate threat.
>>
>>48188407
pretty damn good.
some are a bit darker than they should be, but i saw a guy play proxy future sight goyfs at a tournament (against a judge no less) and noone batted an eye. i only lnow because ive seen both real and fake goyfs, and know the difference
>>
What's the full list of cards Eldrazi can't beat?

Unbeatable tier:
Worship
Moat
Ensnaring Bridge
Glacial Chasm

Great Tier:
Blood Moon
Tarmogoyf
Liliana of the Veil
Peacekeeper

Pretty Good Tier:
Show and Tell
Painters Servant
Island Sanctuary
Magus of the Moat

Ok Tier:
Daze
Wasteland
Tabernacle
Terminus
>>
File: 3484_200w.jpg (19 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
3484_200w.jpg
19 KB, 200x285
Nothing gets my dick harder than dropping one of these bad boys turn 1 and complimenting my opponent on their $400 mountains
>>
>>48188983
Sphere vs any variant of dredge seems pretty sketchy since even without casting anything you can just recur ichorid + bridge triggers. Ashen Rider can get rid of Chasm, but it's better just to race it.
>>48189248
Goblin Charbelcher.
>>
>>48189314
Belcher seems pretty 50/50. Chalice is great at slowing belcher down, and turn 1 thorn is GG
>>
Newer player here, started in January iirc. Been playing mainly draft, sealed, and a small dabble in standard. What is the best way to break into Legacy initially without absolutely breaking the bank?
>>
>>48189365
Thorn can be powered through with chrome moxen, petals, land grant/taiga, guides and seethings songs. Chalice for 1 does fuck all, ask Ben Perry if you doubt my words. Then there's the fact that most eldrazi openers don't have lock pieces in them and drawing one t2 is too late.
>>
>absolutely love the way miracles plays
>its the best deck in the format
>4 miracle mirrors at event

i'm starting to hate my deck
>>
>>48189388
Try buying in piece by piece and keep card portability in mind. Imperial Recruiters are cool, but lock you in to two decks while Volcanic Islands/Forces go in a ton of decks.

I recommend buying forces/polluted deltas/flooded strands/wastelands ASAP, as they are currently at the lowest they'll be for a while. After that, duals are a safe bet. Test decks out to see what you like before buying as well.
>>
>>48189508
Needing a guide to cast a lotus petal is pretty awful. Not 3ball bad, but you arent winning quickly.

Chalice is draw dependent, but a chalice for 0 shuts off half your initial mana sources as well as LED.
>>
I've been out of the loop for a while, can MUD still compete or has it been completely outclassed by Eldrazi?
>>
>>48189866
MUD is fine. Metalworker Forgemaster is still a thing.
>>
>>48189388
Counterfeits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvseDNbzPtM
>>
>>48189297
good form my friend
>>
>>48189866
Eldrazi is just better MUD. It has additional CA in the form of TKS and Smasher, less do-nothing cards/opening hands, and closes games out faster with unboltable threats while playing the same lock pieces with the same consistency.
>>
>>48189297

Are there any dedicated "Pauper's revenge" decks based around shit like that?
>>
>>48192472
not really, no. prison/stompy decks are still moderately expensive due to blood moon, chalice of the void, ancient tomb and city of traitors.
>>
>>48189297
Jokes on you, I play burn
>>
>>48192817
joke's on you i play aegis of the gods, worship and mother of runes.
>>
>>48192817
Chalice for 1
>>
>>48193154
Smash 2 Smithereens, Vortex, Fireblast, Rift Bolt, Searing Blaze
>>
>>48189248
You forgot
>Literally a shoah tier
Dredge
>>
>>48189866
MUD is fine in that it's still playable. Eldrazi is just better though.
>>
>>48193607
More like 60% favored tier
>>
>>48194651
Last time I checked dredge utterly shat on eldrazi senpai
>>
>>48194704
It's pretty favorable g1, but was warping wail and Endless One are interaction. Chalice actually slows dredge down as well.

Post board is dependent, but can heavily favor Eldrazi
>>
>>48194817
If they do not have sweepers you still get plenty of value mate
>>
>>48195040
You don't need sweepers if you can pop bridges
>>
>>48195105
Good point, forgot about wailing's third.
>>
>>48195191
I think the number of wails is probably the deciding factor in the matchup, and the reason why you should always dread return Troll over FKZ
>>
>>48189675
>like countertop, even like playing against countertop
>never play miracles because I know how hated and omnipresent it is
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
File: brainstorm.jpg (74 KB, 450x363) Image search: [Google]
brainstorm.jpg
74 KB, 450x363
What printing of brainstorm does everyone run? I'm currently upgrading to Ice Age Gedankenwirbels
>>
>>48196463
>>48189675
>tfw top is your favorite card and you're trying to fit it anywhere
I'm going to try a meme-tier jundk just for top-on-a-stick.

Also I'll call it bigguys.dek
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.