[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest Of The Faceless: Finale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 2
File: The Faceless.jpg (116 KB, 644x482) Image search: [Google]
The Faceless.jpg
116 KB, 644x482
Before you lies the City of The Golden Tower: Transcendia. The golden tower rises all the way up into the sky, with such majesty that it contests Sol for the Zenith, casting a shadow upon its own place in the world.

Behind you lie the armies of the Free Marches in combat with the Royal army. The Free Marches led by Mira, the Guisi slave that you'd freed so long ago and now a maiden of freedom that's become known as “The Red Viper.” You hear the roar of battle behind you as they fight in the open field, and yet you stand at the wall, touching the stone and hearing their voices chatter on about just how they'll keep you out.

“Sorry.” You say in Belinda's voice with her face, “We'll be flying.”

You reach for the endless bag of Fate's thread, pulling the red string that keeps it held shut. “Dramir, Chou Cullain!” You shout as their threads pour from the velvet bag, into each of your hands. Bringing the two faces together in a single swipe over Belinda's face, the three of you merge into one.

“Amalgus: Drellain!”
Your body morphs, warps in mere moments into the three way fusion of fates, the pinnacle of what you've been able to do upon your journeys thus far, yet there is no more time. The end is coming near... The star that Thespia dreads to see the most: Her first love, Nifl... When she sees him, the curse will repeat once more... And Avar won't be around this time to set up such a perfect circumstance.

Your body shifts into a vaguely feminine form with masculine musculature and flowing white hair that pours over your shoulders. Balancing the emotions of the three, you feel Free as the Sylvan wind, Passionate as Phoenician flame, and Wild as the Leviathan Ocean. Upon your back, water billows forth and then ignites into a steady stream, vague wings forming from the burning spray as you squat down.
>>
>>48181434

(It's not a contest you brat. We're killing the King of Hylon Kings. This is where we see the next day!) The horns of the Guisi curl overhead and underneath your chin, the darkness of his altered form abated just at the frame of the Makoh marks.

(This may be our last dance. Let's burn brighter than ever!) The Namour's heart eyes shine with Makoh starbursts framing the pupil. The Burning wings changes into a pure blue blaze that burns in a single steady direction, scorching the earth.

“We fly.” You say as you jump off, blasting up into the heavens, swiftly converting your hands into burning jetss as well for more stability and power.

Twelve faces are with you. Twelve heroes, one from each Arche. One for each element of Thespia and the various threads of fate. At most you can combine three, yet it'll need to be enough. By Rava's own admission after Avar's death, they could at most perform a fusion of two, and even then it was barely stable. After they'd become Dramani to hide from the king, they could no longer maintain other faces as their empathy ran dry in those forms.

You close your eyes for a moment as tears flow down your face, spurred by your velocity and the wind's resistance.

Suddenly, you're shocked to find yourself suspended, the bricks in the Golden Tower no longer moving past your vision as you encounter a barrier that Rava had told you about in her brother's place...

“None are allowed to fly here by order of the Supreme One!” The wind howls as its galeforce whips up to blow you back towards the ground.

(To shreds I say! Rip them apart!)

(Slip through, we may become vapor.)

(Dance, dance, burn and dance!)

>[Rip the windwall apart with brute force]
>[Become vapor and bypass it entirely.]
>[Burn it away.]

>[Tap into another power?]
>>
>>48181519
>[Burn it away.]
>>
>>48181519
>[Become vapor and bypass it entirely.]
Getting thrown to this point is honestly strange
>>
Going to give 10 minutes before I start writing. Not waiting as long as I often have.
>>
>>48181519
>[Burn it away.]
Why was I even suprised about you forgetting your live-time?
>>
>>48181569
It's strange for me too. It's rather uncomfortable for me, but I had the general idea of the ending in mind from the second thread.
>>
>>48181519
>[Burn it away.]
>>48181603
I can understand that.
It's like cutting out the middle part of a book series and jumping to the end
>>
>>48181519
>Cut it apart with the Ace of Blades
>>
>>48181519
>[Rip the windwall apart with brute force]
>>
>>48181603
This will be second Quest you actually finish, right?
>>
>>48181519

Reverting your hands to their regular form and instead converting your feet, you grab the air wall with your fingers almost like claws with the way you change your nails. Tapping into the furious power of the Makoh's Leviathan, you enhance the burning power of your dance to skill. “We will not be stopped.”

You begin to spin, at first elegantly as you shift and twist, then rapidly building in intensity and ferocity as you speak a Makoh warrior's incantation,
“Burn away this day.
Halt us not with all your might
Be consumed by flame!”

“Dance of the Ancient Dragon: Solar Waltz!”

Flames billow from your form and fingers, and in one surge that challenges Sol's radiance, you burn away the power of the wind wall as you explode past as a merrily laughing rocket that continues to seemingly walk upon air in an elegant display. Ceasing, to conserve your power, you can no longer see the ground, the entirety of the windwall set into roaring eternal flame. It's screaming for its master.

>[Show Mercy.]
>[Let it burn.]
>>
>>48181782
>[Let it burn.]
>>
>>48181782
>[Show Mercy.]
>>
>>48181782
>[Let it burn.]
>>
>>48181782
>[Show Mercy.]
The power of empathy
>>
>>48181782
>[Show Mercy.]
>>
>>48181782
>[Show Mercy.]
>>
>>48181782
>[Let it burn.]
>>
>>48181782
>>
>>48182278

With a wave of your hand, you banish the flames as you call down to the wind. “Do better in choosing your masters. Release yourself and fly through the skies again.”

The flames cease raging, quenched from a center point and gravitating out. With a rush, what remains of the wind blows down to the land without another word.

You continue the rest of the way up onto the Golden Plaza. What you'd expected to be a castle is nothing more than a large mansion nestled on top of the world. With Sol's Zenith, you feel his heat pour down upon you, no closer point in the world to his glory. Surely you could speak to the stars from here... This place. This was meant to be the Nifl Sage's Observatory... Your old home from countless cycles ago. You were seated on top of this world and the Hylon King... The Hylon King envied your people for it.

No one greets you in this courtyard, not a soul in sight. You walk the gardens, feeling almost peaceful... Almost serene. Almost. You never reclaimed your face. The Hylon King of Kings got to it first... Broke it right in front of you. He would have also claimed your life if Avar hadn't put himself in harm's way. With the last of his strength he used his pact to wish the Hylon King back “home.”

You're silent as you walk the garden. You'll never know what's the same and what's different now with the rest of your memories gone with that mask, only the ones you unearthed in the confines of your body's latent threads lingering.

(Smash it. None of this has meaning anymore.) The Makoh whispers.

(Home is where the heart is friend. Don't worry after this place. We came here for a reason.) Another voice whispers from the endless bag of fate. The Gipporoh, master of a Behemoth's Spine.

“Right.” You restrain the latent fury and violent impulse of the Makoh as you walk forward to the manor. The doors open by themselves.
>>
>>48182296

(The Masters will see you unholy one.) The door upon the left whispers.
(May you find your destined death here.) The other maliciously sings.

Walking through the doors of the manor, you find more opening to lead you to the grand hall. The velvet carpet, the rich and luxurious décor more beautiful and inspired than anything you'd seen in all the land.

You finally arrive in the grand audience chamber. A sol window comprising the entire ceiling to let in the full might of Sol's radiance. The color of gold laquered and the gloriously incandescent light the sort that one would expect to see in God's own parlor.

Sitting there upon the throne is the lazily leaning King with a hand bent upon the armrest that his chin resides against. His features are just as you remember, skin with a luster of gold more brilliant than any Hylon you'd seen before, sharp diamond eyes framed by deep green emerald irises lending to the luxury of his features. Straightening his back, he stands and unclips his kingly cloak. As he lets it fall into his chair, he cracks his neck and rolls his shoulder as his pecs and overall musculature visibly strain his gilded chainmail. “You did a number on Leon, The King of Strength even after his resurrection. I've done my own work catching up to where I should've been with his power at my side.”

You stare intently at the lax man as you recount all the times that you've crossed paths with his lackies. “When you die, the King of Hylon. When you die, Nifl will forgive Thespia for her inaction.”

“You're still blathering on about that ancient history?” The King smiles wide, “I'll tell you something swell. If the last of the Niflelves die, Nifl will no longer gravitate to Thespia. If she never sees him again, she'll stop resetting the world. Why don't you do everyone a favor...”
>>
>>48182311

The King's smile grows even wider, his blazingly white teeth shining with Sol's light as he hoists up his scepter and it converts to a golden hammer. “And die yourself!” Smashing it down, the ground beneath the two of you lurches, and blinding, smoldering light explodes forth!

(Cheap Trick), One of your faces in the bag whispers as Darkness lurches forth, absorbing the light like a vacuum courtesy of the Stella stranger's power. As the light wanes, The King rushes forward with his hammer at the ready.

“I am empowered by the talents of each Hylon King! You can't win here!” He roars as he brings his hammer down.

>[Slip out of the way with a fluid motion.](He's swinging too wide, this is easy.) -Dramir
>[Stop the hammer midswing with your bare hands.] (He thinks he can compare to my strength?!) -The Makoh)
>[Take the initiative, Strike for his heart.] (Use mine and the Arafleur's power.) -Acer
>[Other]
>>
>>48182329
>[Take the initiative, Strike for his heart.] (Use mine and the Arafleur's power.) -Acer
>>
>>48182329
>[Stop the hammer midswing with your bare hands.] (He thinks he can compare to my strength?!) -The Makoh)
>>
>>48182329
>>
>>48182329
It's pretty hard to write in without knowing our powers
>>
>>48182329
>[Slip out of the way with a fluid motion.](He's swinging too wide, this is easy.) -Dramir
>>
>>48182329
+ Engulf yourself in the eternal flame
>>
>>48182329
>>
>>48182329
>>
>Makoh
Violent Leviathan Style
Fight like the rampaging ocean! Each strike is a tidal wave funded by the power of ten thousand he's devoured in the past!
Their strength and memory serve him as an unrelenting force!

>Hylon
Loved by The Sword, Noblesse of Blades
Chosen by swords, no blade can harm him and his own undoubtedly strikes true. Brings out the true potential of his weapon.

>Danhor
Resplendent light: The power of Honor, courage, and commitment given form by an undaunted spirit. Hope will never die.

>Hee-Joki
Ice Queen: The cruel cold of the Southern wastes. It can freeze a man to the bone.

>Sloligo
River's Dreams
The depth of this power is unknown... It helps people realize the dreams within their heart.

>Guisi
Windscythe + Shifty Owl
Embracing the wind to fly and summon constructs from air. The ability to shapeshift at will as well one's other pacted item.

>Namour
Eternal Flame
Eternally dancing, eternally burning. This fire only goes out at the dancer's behest.

>Giparro
Mount Vulcan
Pacted with an active Volcano he calls home, its brilliant and ancient lava and earth can be summoned anywhere. Behemoth blood boils, and its bone adamant.

>Drezar
Fortune's dice: Affects chance wildly if the dice are opted to roll.

>Stella
Silent Dark
Pacting with the aspect of darkness allows one to fade away into discretion.

>Arafleur
Sliver Grass
Nurtured into a power of kindness and pain, Sliver grass can both heal and mend or skewer and cut into oblivion with numbing agent.

>Niflelfi
Life's Lightning
The power of lightning that loves life even for the pain it causes. It will always seek out something alive over something dead or inanimate.
>>
>>48182735
Figure this'll help as a reference.
>>
>>48182744
Thanks
>>
>>48182735
Would have helped more early on
>>
>>48182329

Raising up one hand, you stop The king's swing at his hand as you draw two faces into your hand and swipe them across, switching out Belinda and Dramir's faces. “Amalgus: Achlorainn!”
The King's eyes go wide as you stop him, and he immediately backs away as you suddenly change, maintaining somewhat womanly features the Makoh markings go into floral vines and the eyes shift into flower starbursts with a shining diamond at the center.

With your other hand, three threads of grass weave together into a sword that shoots from your palm. Acer's priviledge granting it the power to pierce or cut nigh anything in this world as a blade.

The King twists out of the way, deceptively fast and agile for one of his rippling stature as he seems to sense the threat. Throwing his golden hammer out, it spins at staggering speed as you barely dodge getting pulverized with a lean of your neck, sliver grass erupting from your face to cover your eyes from the blinding light. Seeing the man disarmed, you rush forward with godspeed. Your senses as a warrior lend you insight into the gleam of The King's eyes as he makes good on backing up and twisting just out of reach of your grassblade as you slash across and thrust it out twice for two stabs before spinning a slash across and dropping into the splits as the hammer flies back into the man's hand, whizzing by just over your head.

Just before he drops the hammer, The King grimaces and drops to his knees as he spin back up with flowing grace. “Grass grows nigh anywhere, didn't you know?” You smile as blades of grass skewer through the Kings' ankles all the way up through his knee on one side and shin on the other.

“Impudent!” With sheer force of Hylon Will, The King withers the grass and pulls himself back to standing.
>>
>>48183282

“I know you won't go down easily. Hylon like yourself need to be broken in body and spirit.” You slash him across the chest, the grassblade drawing a deep line right through his gilded chainmail. Even so, he presses forward ignoring the wound as his hammer shines again. This time however, he doesn't swing it, the radiance fills the room.

>[Advance. Cut. Advance. Cut. We will make him kneel to us!] (Acer)
>[Keep distance and let the Sliver grass assail him with its numbing toxin. He won't be able to move and won't understand why.] (Arafleur)
>[Sever his arm. He doesn't need that!] (Chou Cullain)
>Switch faces...
>[Other]
>>
>>48183291
>>
>>48183291
>>
>>48183291
>>
>>48183291
>[Keep distance and let the Sliver grass assail him with its numbing toxin. He won't be able to move and won't understand why.] (Arafleur)
>>
>>48183291
>>
>>48183291
>>
>>48183291

With a step forward, you smile wide, your sharp teeth grinning almost from ear to ear as you strike with an upward swing to sever the arm of The King. He almost seems taken aback that you cut him so easily right before he opens up his other hand and space distorts, summoning the hammer to his other hand.

You barely notice in time as his hammer collides with your side, crushing into your ribs as you go flying through the stone of the building.

The harsh crash through the mortar hurts as you land in a hallway. Mortar his suddenly ripped away by a bright light smashing through stone. Coughing out in pain, you steel yourself and leap back out just before The King crushes you a second time. As you catch sight of him, the blood's still upon his mail and the floor, yet his arm's been reattached.

“How-” You start to yell as his smile says it all.

“Pure will.” His eyes steel themselves viciously as he harshly whispers. “Crush.”

You feel a tremendous force upon your being as you're knocked into the ground with a sickening thud. Numbing your pain and restoring yourself with a combination of Sliver grass and Chou Cullain's overflowing amount of threads, you swiftly lash out with your grass sword, the king tanks your blow, letting the blade run through his body, slicing him nigh in half as a vein bulges in his brow and he stays together, his threads reattaching after the damage and smashing his hammer down upon you.

Your other hand comes up to meet his hammer's strike and you feel your bones mutually shatter and reform through your own rejuvenating power.

“I'll say it again, why don't you do all of Thespia a favor and slit your own throat after cutting that rat, Rava's?”
>>
>>48183948

“You killed nearly my entire Arche... You made Thespia fall into despair.”

“And you're the reminder that keeps her old lover coming back. We Hylon are the new age, don't you see? With only my power I can keep up with even your gaggle of defaced heroes.”

Acer speaks through you, “That is not justice. We are no greater than any other arche. You will pay for your crimes.”

“Oh? Is that a little traitor you've got there too? Acer and Victoria. If only you hadn't convinced her to become a Stella. That little worm would've been such a great asset to all of us. Holding us back, is that all you intend to do Niflelf?”

“No.” You say as you push his hammer off of his fist and wrap your knuckles in sliver grass, “I intend to give everyone a future worth fighting for.” Your fist smashes into his ribs, the blades of grass cutting deep with the force, shredding his chainmail along with flesh.

“I'll kick you off this tower. You'll never make it to him.” The King grabs your hand and flings you over his shoulder. Going with the momentum, Chou's martial skill guides you into a position where your legs wrap around his neck and fling the king in turn.

>[Push pursuit! We're going to need speed to keep this up! Swap out Acer for Avar] (Chou Cullain)
>[We need more crippling effects! Freeze him to the bone!](Drezhar)
>[We'll create a forest of blades.] (Acer, Arafleur)
>[Slice him in two!] (Dramir.)
>[Other]
>>
>>48183967
How can we stand against Shounen protagonist willpower?
>>
>>48183967
>>
>>48183967
>[Push pursuit! We're going to need speed to keep this up! Swap out Acer for Avar] (Chou Cullain)
>>
>>48183967
>>
>>48183967
>>
>>48183967
>>
>>48183967
>>
>>48183967

Intent to push the crippling sensations you must have already began, you swap out Chou Cullain's face for the Drezhar's, you features shifting to accommodate it with frozen blue-white scales creeping across your face and further feminizing of your body. Frost flows over you grass blade as you give pursuit to the flung King, stabbing into him in midair.

Without waiting, you split the blades of grass in his wound and allow the freezing grass to worm their way through his body.

Suddenly, The King's eyes go cross as he falls to the ground writhing. “What- what did you do...” You groans as the blades of grass freeze his flesh.

“It's simply awful what kind of combinations I can perform with all these faces.” Your face remains still with a dominating reptilian glare.
“I did not come here to play.” You say as you grow more shivering sliver grass from your palm, launching it into the King's body. Frost creeps across his flesh as he visibly shakes. You can only imagine how awful it must feel.

“If... If I had more Kings... I- I could...”

“If and could do not mean anything to the here and now.” You chide with a subtle, almost sadistic laugh as your personality's shifted with your face. “Die.” Holding out a hand, you allow the blades to converge upon his heart. His body seizes and The King dies.

Dead... He's dead.

(We... win?) the Arafleur asks meekly, (We can stop fighting?)

(The Kraken fought harder than this trash. What the hell?) The Makoh complains, griping from within.

(T'was not brute force that did it... Yet I have a strange feeling... Like this is not over.) Acer mumbles to himself.

“Indeed not. He is not the one that Nifl wants dead.” Says another voice that echoes throughout the chambers. “Follow the doors. I will allow you to be graced by my holy presence.”

“Who are you?!” You yell out, looking back and forth for the origin of the voice.

“You shall see.” It says again. Its demeanor refined and almost... ancient.

A door opens up...
>>
>>48184575

>[Follow the doors.]
>[Switch to Chou Cullain and anihilate this place.]
>>
>>48184588
>[Follow the doors.]
Huh. I expected a bigger fight
>>
>>48184588
>>
>>48184588
>[Follow the doors.]
>>
>>48184588
>[Follow the doors.]
>>
>>48184588
>[Follow the doors.]
>>
>>48184588
>>
>>48184588
It's fucking stupid but I want to see it
>>
>>48184723
Looks like you won't see it.

He has a technique that's basically the Kamehameha.
>>
>>48185228
heh
>>
>>48184588

You follow the way of the doors. Door after door they open up and you enter. You eventually notice that the amount of time you've walked makes no sense for the actual size of the Manor.

“I told that child that he should not rely on the power of others. A True King sees only his own Supremacy over others.”

“...I feel as though I know you.” You sneer besides yourself in restrained malice courtesy of the Drezhar and Acer. “We've met before, haven't we?”

“No, I can't say that we have. I'd remember, though it has been several thousand years since we began the first of these dreadful cycles. I've suffered your two Niflelfi rats' pestering for years. I'm more than glad of at least one of their demise.”

“By Luna will you shut-” You pass through a door that seems to take you... elsewhere. You find yourself standing upon a crystal path in a room that seems to bear decoration of stars floating among the scaffos.

Tentatively walking forward, you find your steps growing lighter and lighter until you are floating forward, seemingly pulled by an unknown force.

Stars pass by, you can feel their distant stares.

“You have however, been here before. This is the pinnacle of you Nifls. The palace of stars. Fret not, I have not changed this room one bit. In fact, I have not wanted to.”

Gritting your teeth, you bear yourself silent as you float forth, seeing a shining entity ahead. “You... I do know you. You're-”
[Interlude, away for dinner.]
>>
>>48185398
Fucking cliffhangers man
>>
>>48185398
And back.
>>
>>48185398

“You're the Primarche. The first of the Hylon. You've survived this long?”

The Shining entity looks to you, and you can... feel it regard you. “Here I thought you'd long died... And your face was broken by that petulant child known as the King of Kings, yet here you stand with twelve faces at your disposal. Yet now I'm at a loss. Should I kill you, the one called Rava may never resurface again. She'd sooner go mad in her loneliness than let me have victory in this long game of chess. The piece that they bet on stands before me, their alleged King and I won't ever have you in checkmate.”

The Primarche smiles. “I could use the grace of my Supremacy to strip you bare, yet that won't bring me victory. I suppose you want the last Primarche to die for your star, yes?”

>[Write in.]
>>
>>48186229
>It's time for Thespia to return to the state it was meant to have.
>>
>>48186229
>This game will end. But not with my death
>>
>>48186229
this >>48186282
>>
>>48186229
At last your game is over and Thespia will stop repeating this farce
>>
>>48186229
something like >>48186311
>>
>>48186229

“It's time for Thespia to return to her natural state. It's time for her despair to end. She cries for her children and she remembers the massacre of the Niflelfi every time Nifl returns.” You raise your shivering Grass blade in a ready stance, finding footing as your body's muscle memory remembers what it should look like.

“It's time to end, and you know this won't end in my death.”

The Primarche frowns, his gaze seeing right through you. “That is what the Primarche of your Nifl told me so long ago. His frown deepens into a scowl. I hate it. Your kind. Your entire bloody way of life. Thespia should have loved Hylon and only Hylon from the start. We'd have a golden empire. Yet she chose Nifl, and we knew that it was only by Nifl that she looked our way. That's disgusting.” You feel the thick wrothing anger of the Primarchw reverbrate through this scaffic space before he suddenly calms, his expression returning to a neutral superior glare.

“You are right, this will not end in your death. However, I will have you begging for it upon your knees.” He holds a hand out into the air, and starlight forms into an incorporeal sabre.

“Just try it.”

You rush forward, leaping off of the platform that had manifested beneath your feet, driving your grass blade forward.

“Useless.” The Primarche holds out a hand and blocks the grass blade, fraying it apart into mere leaves.
As he slowly raises his sword up, you find yourself unable to move as he slashes across your body with the starlight sabre.

You feel something change, but don't find yourself cut as you regain your senses and create some distance. “What... What did you do?” Something feels wrong, very wrong... You lost something.

“I told you, I don't intend to kill you. I'll have you keep me company. Company until that rat crawls out from wherever she's hiding. It's so madening to be alone through cycles of trash forgetting all that's transpired after all.”
>>
>>48186626

Reaching your palm out, you resummon your grass blade the ferns sprouting from... from... The grass isn't answering your call? “You-”

“I may leave you one of them. Yes, so you remember. Can't have you losing memories as a faceless, can I?” The Primarch's expression doesn't change, yet you feel the threat in his eyes.

(I can't feel her anymore.) Acer gasps, (I- I don't want to lose you either. We can't..)

“Oh, is that the traitor? Fitting” The Primarche instantly appears next to you and slashes you head to toe again, forcibly shedding another one of your faces.

“No! I- I can't feel him now! How!?”

“You should take a seat. We have all eternity here.” The Primarche walks towards you among the path of stars, his starlight blade leaving dust upon the platforms.

>[What do you do?! You need to finish this somehow!]
>>
>>48186643
>Use empathy on the Primarche
>>
>>48186643
Try to fuse the remaining faces together
>>
>>48186643
>There must be a string of fate binding you to a Nifl face. That's the only way to stand against the Primarche
>>
>>48186643
Remember.
There must be something in your memories
>>
>>48186643
Attack him with Life's Lightning.
>>
>>48186643
Empathy is the true power of your Arche. Use it
>>
>>48186643

(We need to stand together! Together! Before we lose any more!) You shout out within among your webs of fate, the ties of the Hylon and Arafleur cut, dangling.

“I told you, it's useless.” The Primarche appears before you, closing space in a flash before cutting you once, twice. Two more of the bonds disappear into oblivion. You feel a sickening space where they should've been in your life.

Bonding with Chou Cullain, you blast off into the reaches of the twisting celestial nethers of this place, trying to buy time to bring yourself together. “We need to come together!” You say aloud, but the rest of them are in such a chattering discord that you can't make sense of anything. Turning abruptly, you fuse Avar's mask with Chou Cullain's and launch Fulgaris Vitae out at the Primarche, the bolt surges to the shining being and is parried by his blade of starlight.

“Ah, a Niflelf face... That must be Avar. I heard he died... How is it, wearing the face of one that has met death while the others all still yet live?” The Primarche is once again upon you, distance closed in a flash, and he's flying alongside you at your own breakneck speed.

“How do you know?” You gape in horror as the Primarche's serene expression looks down upon you from above, he's seemingly standing still while you're running for your life.

“Because I am not so dim as other Hylons.” He taps a finger to his temple, “I have the good grace to listen for the voice of everything, even if it is only to hear it praise my incandescent glory. This is what separates a Primarche from a lesser Hylon. He raises his blade and smashes it through you, applying force this time to drive you down into the starry ether of this space.

You no longer feel Avar's mask or Life's Lightning.
>>
>>48187396

(What the hell is this?! He'd just sever all of us from you?! He can't fight like a man?!) Chou Cullain rampages, breaking ties with all the other faces as he goes berserk. “I won't be looked down upon, by one who has not sweat blood!” He roars out.

“This was the technique my family was known for, a simple open palm technique, transformed.” Placing his hands apart, one down, the other up, he begins the Makoh incantation.

“Flow, fish of the sea
Crush, mighty claws of the crab
Crash, Leviathan!”

A powerful surging wave wraps around each of his hands, surging with the full unrestrained power and majesty of the ocean.
“Piscina!” He brings his left hand center.
“Cancera!” He brings his right hand over the other.
“Levia!” He brings the two waves as they crash together and form a new power into a holstered ready stance, power growing beyond the limit of control. “Ho!” you screams with such power that the realm quakes before the mighty powerful of a leviathan incarnate erupts from the double palm strike, raging with all the power of an authentic Primordian behind it.

The dragon wave passes and Chou ceases to rage, allowing you control again.

Floating down, the Primarche stands, looking terribly annoyed and dripping wet, his clothes blasted away and a visible trickle of blood leaking from his lip. “Congratulations.” He says, wiping away the blood. “You made me bite my tongue.”

You feel shaken as you take a step back, The Primarche instantly advances in a rage and starts cutting away everything, everything until you're lain bare.

As you're stripped of the last face, he stands over you. “Oh dear, I meant to have you keep one. Suppose you'll just go mad like any other.” He seems to almost smile as he gloats over you. “I'll grant you a priviledge. How do you wish this to end?”
>>
>>48187409

>[Kill me. Just do it.]
>[You've won. Do what you will.]
>[There's nothing I can do. Just end it.]
>[I'm nothing to you. I never should have tried.]
>[Garbage like me should just die.]
>[I failed them. I failed them all.]

>Or... do you have... *Determination?
>[Write in.*]
>>
>>48187419
I will keep fighting for what is right and for the fate that Thespia deserves.
Even if you would win you'd never be her favourite children as she will never forget us who you want to eradicate.
>>
>>48187419
>How do you wish this to end?”
Kill yourself
>>
>>48187419
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;

I will not give up and forsake those who sacrificed so much
>>
>>48187419
>Even like this I'm more wise than you for you never feel empathy and are blinded by your own vainglory

I have no clue what we're supposed to say here
>>
>>48187419
I sometimes feel like we have to read your mind to find the correct solution for things like that
>>
You're all doin great.
>>
>>48187419

Struggling to rise, with no power left in your defaced limbs, you haggardly rise up as a wretched thing without a face. “I... will keep fighting. For the sake of... What is right. And for the fate that Thespia deserves. Even if you struck me down, you'd never win. Never. Because she won't forget us. She'll never forget the children that you chose to eradicate out of jealousy.”

>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYmn5BQIxdQ

The Primarche stands over you in silence. Something changes in his demeanor... Something. Something snaps. He raises his hand, and slaps you with the back of it. “Shut up.”

“You know I'm right.” You laugh as you already feel memories leak out, the dementia of the unmasked creeping in. Another hard slap rocks through your body.

“Shut up. You think you're better than me? You are lower than a worm that crawls within the dirt. You. You are nothing.”

The memory of the pain fades as you lie upon the ephemeral ground, and an old melody pushes itself to the surface. A song you'd once known, from so long ago. “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;”

You receive another hard knock, but it doesn't deter you.

“The old that is strong does not wither. Deep roots are not reached by the fr-” Another hard hit, blood sprays from your body. “-ost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring.”

You look up at the shining figure, and you feel a serene sort of peace flow through you as you remember something important. “Giving up, is to forsake those that have sacrificed so much.”

(I won't ever surrender. Not to the likes of a Hylon. I am free.) You feel a friend's presence within you, a reaper's blade erupts from the air, impaling a hand that was swung for you.
>>
>>48187746
My brain can't deal with completly free write-ins for this kind of stuff
>>
>>48187756

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhOdhWZVIdw
Alternate theme for this one. Either is pretty great.
>>
>>48187756

(Stand with your head held high. It is unseemly to lie in misery. Every blade in the world cries out for the death of this foe.) You feel a person with a strong integrity and sense of justice hold out a hand to you.

(We'll rise up no matter how many times it takes. I am a warrior, and I'll fight for the ones that could someday surpass me.) A fierce ancient warrior's power flows through you.

(I will heal Thespia. You are a plague upon her land and people.) A once misanthropic hermit fills you with her kindness.

(My fire will never die, not even if you cut it from my body.) A passionate dancer warms your body in her fiery embrace.

(We're all here. We won't let you win. Even if we're a hundred thousand years early, we'll make up the difference with what's on the line here.) The presence of every other face fills you with their way of life and power.

The Primarch steps away from you, visibly stunned after his sudden expression of emotion. “No... That's what they'd been trying to do? This should not be.”

You feel complete, as though every road in life is open to you at the same time. As though nothing is impossible for you.

Every Arch flows over your being at once, rapidly shifting in a serene flowing pattern as each acts in unison, united fully by the common goal at this very moment. “Cut us away, beat us down, yet you stand alone while we have all of Thespia behind us. You may be Primarche, yet you stand upon this pillar into the sky in your thoughts all alone.”

“I will not be looked down upon.” The Hylon Primarche resummons his starlight blade and slices it through the entire horizon of this space, cutting right through you.

Your threads rejuvinate, sliver grass seals the wound and everyone ties you and themselves back together. “You don't listen well, do you?”
>>
>>48187882

Another barrage of cataclysmic galactic slashes rain across the horizon, chopping you into pieces again and again as your bonds with everyone hold you together regardless. “We must have figured this one out by the King of Kings earlier. Pure willpower can keep you going, right?”

“Not against a greater wi- No. You are not-”

“I have all the bonds in Thespia keeping me moving forward. All the people fighting outside, down on the ground you sneer at? They believe in me. And this is the person that I know that they believe in. I told you, this won't end in my death.”

The Primarche relents, the starlight blade fading away into oblivion. “I suppose... This is how it ends. A wretched thing from the bottom of the well. A wish for Thespia to move forward again... You know, everyone that's died thus far, they won't come back?”

With a heavy heart you bitterly answer, “I know.” You reach out, allowing a grassblade to form, solidified by Behemoth adamantite and burned into form by eternal flame, a sterling Silver Sword is created from nothing.
“And Avar, he's never coming back.”

“At least I got one of you rats.” The Primarche throws his head back laughing triumpantly.

>[Finish Him.]
>[Other?]
>>
>>48187895
>May you find peace on the other side, Primache
>[Finish Him.]
>>
>>48187895
>Don't you see that you have lost?
>Has your hubris blinded you this much?
>>
>>48187895
this >>48187938
>>
>>48187895
You are a sorry being.
May your bitterness consume you
>[Finish Him.]
>>
>>48187895
>[Finish Him.]
>>
>>48187895
This >>48187938
>>
>>48187895
>[Finish Him.]
Even now you still revel in your debauchery
>>
>>48187895

“Don't you see that you have lost? Has your own hubris blinded you this much?”

“I'm the Primarche of Hylon. If I did not look upon what victory I achieved, I could not call myself as such. May you rot away with Avar.”

You skewer him with your silver blade, straight through the face, flexing your willpower to tear it to shreds. As the Primarche dies, the space warps and transitions you to a normal room.

With silence falling upon the estate in the sky, you walk through the halls. After the long fight, you feel tired, heavy. Keeping all of the Arches together as Amalgus: Omni being too much of a strain, you allow them to peel off one by one as you work your way outside.

Passing through the grand hall where the King of Kings lay as a frozen corpse, you notice the light streaming through the solar has taken on the golden tint of late evening. Entering the courtyard, you've finally stripped down to one mask, and your body feels like lead...

You're not sure where you want to go now...

>[Sit in the courtyard and wait for Nifl to arrive... You're tired.]
>[Walk to the edge, and look down at the others below... The ones you fought for.]
>>
>>48188071
>[Walk to the edge, and look down at the others below... The ones you fought for.]
>>
>>48188071
>>
>>48188071
>>
>>48188071
>>
>>48188071
>>
>>48188071

Walking to the edge, after the long battle. The long journey you've taken after waking up... The good times, the bad times, and the love you've had... You want to look down upon the world that you'd liberated from the curse of despair. To see all the people that would have a future, the new lives to be had, and the stories they'd have thereafter.

You walk, stumbling a little bit as you near the edge. Your eyes a bit heavy as you feel something else slip away.

Standing at the edge, looking upon the lands of Thespia. No clouds obscure your vision as Sol stares long across the land casting shades of gold, orange, and purples upon the land. You can see the seas from here already trending towards Luna's silver darkness, the behemoth's spines upraised into the mountains. A Zephyr wind touches your cheek like a gentle lover.

Standing upon this platform on high, you see the beauty of the world from the pinnacle. Eyes heavy, you close them for but a moment.. Just single dramatic moment as you burn the image of Thespia's burned into your mind.

The wind holds your hand, as though Thespia herself wants to be here with you. “Return to me, my child.” Your mother whispers. She lets go. And you fall forward for a long time to rest in her arms.

>Niflelf

>N i f l e l f

>El Fin
>>
Everyone thanks you for saving them. They'll live onward to many bright futures and near infinite stories and adventures.

In this end, you were a Wish from the bottom of a well that came true.
>>
>>48188278
Thanks for finishing this, Dran
Even though it's a strange thing I'm glad you didn't just cancel it
>>
>>48188278
Thanks for running.
And now it's 8:45 and time for bed
>>
>>48188278
Thanks for running this quest.
>>
>>48188278
Thanks for running.
I'm going to miss the quest
>>
File: Image030.jpg (43 KB, 585x492) Image search: [Google]
Image030.jpg
43 KB, 585x492
>>48188332
I'm gonna miss all of you.

>>48188289
I feel good about it, even if it was a weird way to go about it.

>>48188301
Thanks for staying up with me.

>>48188308
You're welcome.

So, my plans for the future involve really cracking down on my Overhuman rewrite. I want to make it happen. I've started, and I just need to keep at it. I want to hit the point that I'm looking for a publisher. I've heard some people in my life tell me that it's a really cool story, and I know for those of you that've followed that as well, you think so too.

I know I'm far from the best QM as I have a horrible punctuality with this, but I can honesrly say that I've had fun and it's been a great 3? years.

I love you guys. I'll probably be back for some other quest down the line, but for now it's sayonara. My ask and twitter will stay up if you want to contact me for anything.

Love you guys, and I've loved writing Faceless, I intend to get back to this down the line and give it a real full story.

Take it easy guys, it's been an honor writing for you all. You've really given me the courage and the drive to pursue a hobby I'd once thought I'd never get into.

It's meant a lot to me.
>>
>>48188278
See you later Space Cowboy
>>
>>48188370
You're gonna carry that weight.
I honestly can't believe it's been so long.
>>
>>48188384

Right? I remember when I first started up in doing a civ quest that eventually turned into a rotating narrative adventuretime thing. Started on /b/ and migrated here... Then Overhuman: Omar...
>>
>>48188395

>Overhuman: Omar Denis
>Overhuman: Petre Lupei
>Overhuman: Cornelia Jade
>Over(human)Limit: The Asher
>Grand Ocean Quest
>Akuma Quest
>Gargoyle Quest
>./hack Ronin quest
>AOPH
>ARCHlight quest
>Dead Last Ninja quest

I think this is the full list of my quests...
>>
>>48188405
>>Overhuman: Omar Denis
Death by Waifu
>>Overhuman: Petre Lupei
Death by lack of interest
>>Overhuman: Cornelia Jade
Death by nipples
>>Over(human)Limit: The Asher
Hit pinnacle-esque checkpoint.
>>Grand Ocean Quest
Death by Marine Quest
>>Akuma Quest
Death by I don't know how to continue this.
>>Gargoyle Quest
Death by Shadow quest.
>>./hack Ronin quest
Death by other .hack quest.
>>AOPH
Death by pure vitriolic acid.
>>ARCHlight quest
Death by poor fight system/school.
>>Dead Last Ninja quest
Death by dead last.
>>
>>48188405
I think I started following you with the last iteration of Overhuman and that's been 3 years now.
Farewell and good luck
>>
>>48188430
Holy shit, it's been that long since Overhuman limit?

Fucking christ.
>>
>>48188430

december, 2013. So 2 years 8 months.
>>
>>48188438
End of 2013
>>
Oh dear, I forgot Dreamland quest.

Guess I wanted to forget that more than Dead Last Ninja.
>>
>>48188461
I'd try to ignore it too.
You massively fucked up that idea
>>
>>48188473

I shouldn't have offered a character based on an edgelord I knew in high school.
>>
>>48188370
A shame that I missed the final.
Thanks for running the quest.
Though I don't know about the future of questing on 4chan considering /qst/ is bad but at the same time /tg/ lost a part of the questers
>>
>>48188428
I was with you for Over(human)Limit, Akuma, AOPH, Dead Last Ninja, and Dreamland (Lol) and I have to say, your quests had a strong tendency to really implode from people stirring shit back then.

I took your side in virtually 100% of the big shitstorms because even if I felt like you made a mistake I didn't think you deserved some of the more bitter treatment you got. QM's do this shit for free, after all, so while I think players have the right point out issues, I don't think they really have the right to call you an asshole.

On some level I think you might have just had the bad luck of attracting one or two legit sociopathic autists to your following that wouldn't stop being toxic as hell and disturbing everyone else.

Anyway, I haven't followed any of your quests since Overhuman ended, just noticed this one was ending so I wanted to blow in and say that back in the day you were by far my favorite QM and I want to wish you luck in whatever you do next, quest or otherwise.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.