[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PAUPER GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: thermoalchemist.jpg (56 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
thermoalchemist.jpg
56 KB, 265x370
NEW TOYS EDITION
>>
GET IN HERE AND START SHITBREWING!

>MTGO Pauper Guide
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
http://tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
http://www.mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings
>>
>>48177263
What toys?
>>
>>48177263
I can't make heads or tails of what's happening in this card art but I love it, regardless.
>>
File: en_QDAyzUCz4P.png (170 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_QDAyzUCz4P.png
170 KB, 265x370
Anyone see any potential for Tron?

Also, Succumb to Temptation is pretty cool. Probably too expensive but it is an Instant.
>>
File: itofthehorridswarm.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
itofthehorridswarm.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
>>48177648
>>
File: 636035679703466522.png (172 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
636035679703466522.png
172 KB, 265x370
>>48177648
This looks like a nice addition to WB Aristocrats decks.
>>
>>48177806
I wasn't sure which of the two to post, but Horrid Swarm is probably the better card overall.

>>48177933
I'm also a big fan of this dude. He's expensive but spot removal is negative card advantage.
>>
>>48178033
>He's expensive
He's just the right cost for Unearth.
>>
>>48177806
>>48177648
Gryff seems interesting for late-ish game delver (kek)

It o the horrid swarm might be OK for tron
>>
>>48177933
How about BG Aristocrats with Bloodbriar? (From phone, can't post card pic)
>>
>>48178650
Looks decent, but BW already has access to Unruly Mob which granted doesn't have quite as good base stats but the lower cost is a pretty big deal in a deck that rarely plays more than 20 lands.

That said, I've not been overly impressed by those particular kinds of creatures in Aristocrats decks. In the right circumstances they're great, but when you draw only them an no sacrifice outlet they do nothing at all, and they don't make for good sacrifice fodder themselves.
>>
File: file.png (179 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
file.png
179 KB, 265x370
>memes.dek incomming
>>
>>48177263
Excuse me, sir, but your foot appears to be on fire.
>>
Is it even possible to play control in this format? It feels like every viable deck is a janky pile of all-in aggro bullshit like Burn. Delver isn't much better because it's just a Legacy deck.
>>
>>48179745
What is RUG Tron and UB Teachings?
>>
>>48179852
Tron is an all in deck, even in Modern. You have your gameplan and barrel towards it while ignoring your opponent as much as possible. Only memesters think Tron is actually a control deck.
>>
>>48179745
>U-u can't play c-control
UB control.
Tron is actually control in pauper unlike memedern
UR control.
Monoblack control AKA Removal.dek
ANyone up for cockatrice games?
>>
>>48179876
>even un modern
*Only* in Modern, retard. Given that the average RUG Tron list has 3-4 real win conditions (crusher and rolling thunder/torch), a fuckton of cantrips and 10-12 pieces of removal and Marauders mostly for lifegain, in Pauper it sure as shit is a control deck.
>>
>>48180153
So it doesn't attempt to interact or build up advantages, it just hopes to make a fuck ton of mana and meme its way into a huge bomb. Got it. You need to understand that there's no way 7 mana on turn 3 can be played as a control deck.
>>
>>48180181
Question: Do you play mostly modern or standard or edh or draft?
>>
>>48179439

"FIRE IS JUST AN ILLUSION OF THE MIND. MY RESOLVE IS STRONG, THIS WILL PASS."
>>
Finally, another tranform card for pauper. Maybe it's a good time to have some fun with 100% werewolves deck
>>
>>48180207
Sounds most like draft.
>>
>>48180207
At the moment I'm very disillusioned with Magic. I have a complete Miracles deck and in the coming weeks will be finishing up a midrange Mardu in Modern complete with 4 Lillies, but that's it. My mental image of what control is comes from playing Miracles; quite literally the only control true control deck in Magic.
>>
>>48180277
Oh so yes, a memedern shitter.
Go away.
>>>/tg/magicalrealm
>>>/tg/modern
>>>blacked.com
>>
>>48180296
Hahaha this guy is funny LOL.
>>
>>48179745
UB teachings is the most all in control deck possible
>>
File: DSCN1440.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1440.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>48179745
Fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>48180181
>Luck-out into natural 8 mana t4
>OH MY IMMA GONNA PLAY MY MOTHERFUGGING EBIN THREAD :DDD
>k, victim of the night
>>
>>48180480
>Luck out
>Expedition Map is legal
>Cycle a star into Ancient Stirrings is legal
Yeah fuck off.
>>
So how are madness/threshold/delerium decks? SoI and EMA have me wanting to scratch the oldschool itch and pauper seems like a place for that
>>
>>48180654
>Natural
Lmao memedernette can't read
>>
>>48180770
Why rely on natural Tron? Sorry, I thought examples had to be realistic.
>>
>>48177551
looks to me like he's bound to a machine that enhances his natural pyromancy and directs it through those vents at like

everyone somehow
>>
>>48180830
Because if you're so fucking stupid you think tron pauper = tron memedern, your only way to playing is topdecking to win.
>>
>>48180847
>I'm going to bum rush my way to 7 mana on turn 3
>Then I'm going to play a slow permission game ;^)
No fuck off.
>>
>>48181071
memedernette, at it again, his small cock the same size as his brain, his format cucked by the merchant in the back and wizards in the front
>>
have you guys even seen the recent tron lists?

It's all UR lightning bolts and mulldrifters, oh, look, peregrine drake infinite mana torch.

It does play control with capsize, counterspell/condescend, bolts and card draw (drifter/oracle), and stalling with wall till you get enough mana for a torch blowout.
As for new cards. Displace is a strictly worse ghostly flicker, but welcome because flicker was hard to get round these parts.

maybe grapple with the past. Probably won't replace pulse of murace, because no lifegain, but then again - it does dig 3 cards deeper and is 1 mana cheaper, so maybe.
>>
File: Otherworldly Outburst.png (176 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Otherworldly Outburst.png
176 KB, 265x370
>>
>>48181254
Remember on Zendikar how Emrakul turned everyone there insane? Me neither. Fucking retcons.
>>
>>48181291
One Zendikar, Emrakul was killing.
On Innistrad, she's recruiting.
>>
>>48181319
Yet Emrakul's brood was everywhere still. Quit defending bad writing.
>>
>>48180452
Oh hey, a fellow paper teachings player.

How do you like whispers of the muse? I was thinking about throwing one in my list. Any reason you aren't running innocent bloods? They are pretty much the main reason I went creatureless in my list
>>
File: 217.jpg (72 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
217.jpg
72 KB, 312x445
>>48181489
>How do you like whispers of the muse? I was thinking about throwing one in my list.
It's amazing in the late game.
But I can never work up the nerve to pitch it early on when I really need to.
>Any reason you aren't running innocent bloods?
Just that it's hard to tutor for. I should probably be using it.

Also of interest, Teachings into Perplex into Pristine Talisman or Bloody Tome is quite nice.
>>
>>48177551
>>48180833
He's wearing Labman's shirt at least if he isn't the same fellow.
>>
>>48177806
The name reminds me of Kamigawa and makes me want Kamigawa Dance of the Kami.
>>
>>48181291
>>48181336
I just took it that like with most other things the Eldrazi are expressed differently on different planes according to that planes natural rules.
>>
>>48179388
>Do you even Cathar?
>>
>>48182896
I find it pretty cathartic to do so.
>>
>>48181291
>>48181336
It's great flavour. The Eldrazi are giant monsters from the Blind Eternities that swoop down to destroy planes, and that's represented in the game by them destroying blocks and storylines.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.