[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Settings you always wanted to use Pic related for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 12
File: latest.jpg (498 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
498 KB, 1600x1200
Settings you always wanted to use

Pic related for me
>>
>>48176135
Currently working on it, after a fashion.
>>
File: distant_worlds_universe.jpg (72 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
distant_worlds_universe.jpg
72 KB, 600x338
Or a bunch of other 4x games, really, like Endless Space or Sword of the Stars. These settings have enough fluff to provide a solid base, have enough going on in so many different levels of scale that you can put the party in basically any social role, and the sandbox nature of their campaigns means that you can come up with places and events on the fly with no rigid structure limiting you as long as you don't break the setting.
>>
>>48176135
Sounds like an enormous amount of cannon fodder with occasionally an elite. I question how the Improbability Drives would work.
>>
File: Oddworld.jpg (249 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Oddworld.jpg
249 KB, 1280x800
>>
Always wanted to do something based off of Persona.
>>
>>48177352
Probably lots of techno music and fast paced combat, as for the improbability drive would probably be a set list of possible events that would be rolled behind the board to mess with the players, with a few npcs having the ability to control it to an extent.
>>
>>48176135
>>48177352
>>48177915
create a d1m table. Remember, each possibility has to be incredibly unlikely on its own, and a d1m table would mean every outcome has a literal 1 in a million chance of happening.

Not saying this is an easy solution, but it'd be the BEST solution
>>
File: TheLucifer.jpg (26 KB, 224x320) Image search: [Google]
TheLucifer.jpg
26 KB, 224x320
>>48176135
Not really a "Setting" I suppose, but I'd love to do a game based on pic related.

Not that I ever will, because I could never do it justice.
>>
>>48176135
It's all just so pretty.
>>
>>48176135
I'd run a Darkest Dungeon game if I wasn't such a shit GM.
>>
File: Saga-Volume-One.jpg (171 KB, 814x1268) Image search: [Google]
Saga-Volume-One.jpg
171 KB, 814x1268
>>48176135
>Mix of race options
>fully explained combination of magic and tech
>If players want to speak in the Blue language (the one tied to magic) they can actually do so using google translate

Official TTRPG when?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
fite me
>>
>>48178804
SURE THING BROTHER!!!
I'M GONNA HAMSTRING YA ONCE I GET INTO THE RING!
TEACH YA NOT TO MESS WITH THE BEST!!!
>>
File: Rider40th.jpg (278 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Rider40th.jpg
278 KB, 1600x900
Honestly I'd love to do some Kamen Rider stuff but it seems hard to find a good system.

I expecially want to do something similar, like a mix of the Pest Control Squad from Amazons mixed with a bit of G3 with an X-Comlike tint.
>>
>>48179158
Battle Century G. It's originally meant for Mecha, but can very easily be refluffed for Rider shenanigans.
>>
>>48179134
Fuck I automatically read it in his voice
>>
File: RIDER-BETA-4.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
RIDER-BETA-4.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48179158
I got this back in 2014, I have no idea if it's been updated since then.
>>
>>48176281
Great, and now you have me watching that opening sequence again.
Can I ask how you're interpreting some elements of the game like the "time skip" that killed the Titans and the source of the darkness? Your ideas on the west crystal would also be interesting
>>
>>48178386
These animals need saddlebags and carts. They could carry so much stuff.
>>
>>48176135
Is it still possible to download Madness Interactive from somewhere that isn't just malware and shit?
>>
>>48179976
Probably not. But you should try project nexus if you haven't, the first one is on newgrounds and is pretty good and the second is in pre-alpha and I'm loving it so far.
>>
>>48179934
To clarify on 'after a fashion', I'm not taking the setting wholesale so I can't really answer on the western crystal. My players aren't ones for hugely out-there settings, so I hope to go for a more arabian nights / low fantasy interpretation of the aesthetic.

The time skip, however, I'm keeping. I hope to use it as a possible way to add players into the game with minimal exposition - I thought it would be neat to do a short 1 on 1 backstory game with details of who they might have been and then drop them in the setting with their memory of what happened largely missing (as in the videogame).

Lorewise, it is explained as the prexisting civilisation going to war with itself, leaving much of the planet as murky wastes and overgrown ruins. The titans may be remains of ancient beings, reanimated for war and left to collapse in the aftermath. Who knows, one might start running again.
>>
File: Map_of_Calradia.jpg (4 MB, 5906x4488) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Calradia.jpg
4 MB, 5906x4488
I'm planning on running a campaign of heavily tweaked Cyberpunk 2020 in Calradia, the setting for Mount & Blade: Warband.

Other than that, there's Oddworld (I'd use Into the Odd which is accidentally and strangely related), Unknown Armies, JAGS Wonderland (but I'd use the Unknown Armies ruleset).
>>
File: face 1466225472909.jpg (42 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
face 1466225472909.jpg
42 KB, 600x440
>>48178464
>>
>>48178520
I think the problem would be writing the setting in a way that fits a TTRPG. It works well in the comics, but I can't really see the neverending possibilities of worlds/planets the way it's done here (unlike Rifts, for example) work too well, sadly. It might just be me, though.

Also, is magic really fully explained? I remember Marko starting to explain magic, but Alana thought is sounded boring or something. I might be misremembering though.

Personally, I'd love to play in the SCP universe
>>
>>48176135
FMA.
AtLA.
Forgotten realms during crown wars or height of mythvdrannor
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.