[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ Mass Effect recommendation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 853x1102) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 853x1102
I really want to do a Mass Effect themed game with a few friends who really like the series and kinda want to move away from the simple D20 system.

So far I've only really found this pdf, does anybody have any suggestions or better rule sets?
Any opinions of this one?

(Unfortunately its too big to upload as a pdf.)
>>
Doesn't matter what system you use, so long as you railroad the hell out of it.
>>
>>48175214
This. Only prep for the "main" planets if you want a video game experience.
>>
>>48175214
/thread
>>
>>48175214
>>48175241
>>48175261

That was one of the big things I wanted to avoid.

The railroady aspect was great in the games when their was a story to tell but for this I kinda want space adventures of the PC's own making but with a ME theme.

Basically Traveller or AOE/AOR but with Asari
>>
Why not just use Traveller
>>
>>48175083
Shadowrun

I use the shadowrun system for EVERYTHING. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>48175083
Gurps or traveller
>>
Dark Heresy. I use Dark Heresy for everything, it's ridiculous.

Seriously, though, refluff the descriptions a bit and limit psykers as you see fit and it's pretty perfect
>>
>>48175939
I'm pretty new to p&p RPGs, so what's the Shadowrun system like? Is it more like D&D where it's all about character creation and progression, or more like Cypher where the character's a relatively small part?
>>
>>48175826
Traveller all the way
>>
>>48175083
Unofficial Mass Effect TTRP D6

The only thing I'd suggest is that all Character Creation Race effects are permenant, and you make starting wealth Xd6 x 750 or even 1000 not 250. Otherwise most of your players won't be able to even start with anything other than the worst pistol and maybe an Omnitool
>>
I've heard that someone made a savage world pdf for ME. Mite b cool.
>>
https://destination-zero.obsidianportal.com/wikis/mass-effect-conversion-rules

Traveller rules for the Mass Effect universe.
Might require some houseruling.
>>
>>48175083
FATAL.
>>
File: sme.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
sme.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48175083

savage worlds mod. Lets you do tactical grid combat

There's a Fate one too if you're into that but I think it got taken down.
>>
Use this.
>>48180468
Not this
>>48178210
>>
Chris Allen, a freelancer for Onyx Path, wrote a Mass: The Effecting homebrew before he was picked up by OPP.

https://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Mass:_the_Effecting
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.