[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a tournament arc coming up in this 5th ed game of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1465510145988.jpg (53 KB, 512x857) Image search: [Google]
1465510145988.jpg
53 KB, 512x857
There's a tournament arc coming up in this 5th ed game of DnD I run and I'm looking for ideas for competitors. I've already got the important ones figured out, but I'd like to pad the roster with interesting NPCs.
>>
>>48172758
To clarify its a medieval style tournament rather than a martial arts anime style tournament.
>>
>>48172766
Is your campaign's tone serious or funny?
>>
>>48172996
Mostly serious, but not grimdark gritty all the time. Slightly wacky characters are ok.
>>
>>48173003
If it was funny I was going to suggest James and Messi stand in but an arc of a competitor getting desqualified because of tax evasion could fit your campaign.
>>
>>48173015
It could actually.
>>
>>48172758
Just grab a few characters from Game of Thrones.
Charismatic spanish spear dance battler is a good start.
>>
the town butcher wants to try his hand. He does surprisingly well
>>
The king himself in disguise.
>>
>>48172766
>a medieval style tournament

Like a joust? Could you be more specific?
>>
>strong independent female warrior who is extremely vocal about her gender in this tournament
>the female tourney regulars look to each other and shrug
>>
>>48174718
This sounds hilarious.
>>
File: john-cena-28361725-620x400.jpg (36 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
john-cena-28361725-620x400.jpg
36 KB, 620x400
Pic related
>>
>>48174671
There will be a series of jousts and a 'grand melee' that every combatant enters, as well as one-on-one fights and team vs team. There will be a mix, its a pretty long event.

Its a celebratory tournament to mark an important anniversary, so it runs for two weeks with the tournament champion crowned at the end of it.
>>
>>48174751
I had my party observe a tournament i hope they'll join (they did). Final fight was versus Johnatan Centus a shadow monk (can't see him), who in turn became most popular npc in entire campaign... He was created on the spot...
>>
How about a paladin who is in the tournament just so he can kill a evil nemesis also taking part in the said tournament?
>>
A young mage who is under the impression she is the BBEG and acts accordingly.
>>
>>48172758
A hafling warrior out to prove his diminutive stature isn't going to hold him back

a no good dirty sonofabitch who'll use ever trick in the book from pocket sand to groin kicks. possibly cheats, but definitely gets at least as close to cheating as possible

A peasant farmers son who lucked his way into the tournament and seeks to be the first to win honor and fame in his family to help them out of poverty.

a war vet who is the sole survivor of his unit, still carries his banner into battle with him. (keeps it rolled up and uses it like a spear) He fights to gain honor and prestige for a legion that has been dead since the last great war of his country
>>
>>48174718
>>48174734
she proceeds to be defeated round 1
> PATRIARCHY!
>>
Half orc fighter luchadore in the vein of Ultimate Warrior, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, and Kimbo Slice
>>
>>48177529

Is that last one inspired by guilty gear? The banner spear part.
>>
File: 1452383563556.jpg (218 KB, 1024x1498) Image search: [Google]
1452383563556.jpg
218 KB, 1024x1498
>>48172758
You need a strong sista.
>>
A fighter(totally not a warblade) trained in the nine swords, out to battle to prove the superiority of the school he learnt his technique from.
>>
>>48177529
>The farmer chooses a quarterstaff everytime
>lasts until the final battle
>>
>>48172758
Hired Blades, Sword Sisters, minor (and major) nobles,

Have the PCs roll for weapons,
1-Bow and knife
2-sword and shield
3-hatchet and shield
4-twohanded sword
5-javelins and shield
6-spear and shield

1-4 role for horse, 5-6 automatically get horse

You can swap the javelin and shield for a light crossbow and shield and sword, in which case they have to roll for horse
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.