[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man fuck Maro >arbiterofknollridge asked: Imprison Moon is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Mark_Rosewater.jpg (53 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Mark_Rosewater.jpg
53 KB, 550x400
Man fuck Maro

>arbiterofknollridge asked: Imprison Moon is basically Exile target creature/planeswalker/land for blue against red and black decks.
>How is that any different than Dehydration, a common Blue effect in almost every set.
>>
File: 90.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
As far as Red and Black an concerned, he's right though.

>chaospudding asked: Is there anything mono-colorless can do that colored things can't?
>Not cost colored mana. :^)

He never mentions mono-hybrid anywhere. Should I take his complete disregard of it as a sign we'll never see it again?

Man fuck Maro
>>
>>48172729
Except Dehydration can still let you untap it with certain Red effects like those that give an extra combat step or Act of Treason style stuff, and Black can still sacrifice it for effects.

Turning something into a Land just gets rid of any hope of using it for the normal purpose.
>>
>>48172729
This is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen him say.
>>
>>48172729
how is maro so fucking bad at magic
>>
>>48172974
He hasn't played since 1994
>>
>>48172729
>Dehydration
>Can still untap it and use as a blocker
>Can still use any abilities that don't require tapping
>Full access to any effects that just require the creature to sit there
>Still counts as a creature for other effects

>Imprison Moon
>No abilities
>Not a creature, so can't attack or block

Yeah, not different at all
>>
Worst part is that he was shit-talking Song of Dryads a couple days back. Green can't make permanents into lands but Blue can.
>>
>>48173116
Yeah, and if Dehydration is justification for land transforming in Blue, then Arachnus Web is about as similar in Green.

After all, Auras that prevent a couple things are the same as an Aura that turns creatures into a useless Land right?
>>
>blue gets a somewhat interesting and decent card for once in how many sets
>MAN FUCK MARO HE IS RUINING MTG
>>
>>48173233

Dude im not on there side but are you fucking kidding me, blue has got baby jace, dig through time, and cruise in the last two blocks, hell the only block that hasn't at least one amazing blue card in the past 10 years is theros but theros had almost bought good cards other than black cards
>>
>>48173233
Are you kidding? Blue has been getting plenty of interesting and decent cards. Because evidently Blue's slice of the pie includes 'weird stuff that doesn't have a space on the pie'
>>
>>48173233
OP here. I don't mind blue getting good cards, nor fun cards. I like it a lot actually, blue can be a silly color. Hell I think that Imprison is pretty cool if undercosted. What I dislike Maro telling me that Song of Dryads was a mistake but defending this with such a shitty justification. I get that a part of his job is venting player complaints but this is garbage. There are some cards here which don't fit to his regularly-scheduled lectures on the color pie and I wish he'd fess up to that rather then dispense his bullshit.
>>
>>48172729
>Song of the Dryads is literally Hitler
>Imprisoned in the Moon? THAT'S DIFFERENT STOP MAKING A FUSS ABOUT BLUE!!!REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>48174228
But anon everything is fine as long as blue does it.
>>
>>48173233
>blue gets a decent card for once
>for once
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>48174228
Real talk, green is tied for the best color in commander with blue. If green spot removal hits a critical mass, red and white will be completely pointless to play. The color pie suffers the worst when eternal formats get involved. That's the problem that makes black the best color for tutors, but get outclassed for everything else, even the things it should dominate.

Blue gets a huge variety of lockdown enchantments for single creatures. This is just another variation.
>>
You all seem to forget that song of dryads isn't in any format but EDH. Imprison Moon isn't good enough to be played in any format but EDH. Keep crying you casuals
>>
>>48172729
Maro is like those "hip" teachers that pretend to have all these cool and new ideas that will open your mind to the real world, and then get all bent out of shape when you call them out on their bullshit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.