[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst BAD END one of your PCs has ever had?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
What's the worst BAD END one of your PCs has ever had?
>>
>>48170606
The game never starting.
>>
>>48170606
What's yours, OP?
>>
My mate was scattered across the multiverse and I was killed, trapped forever in the astral realm while people try to feed my soul to a god I created.

And my friends are the ones responsible.
>>
>>48170606
>BAD END
what does he mean by this?
>>
Trapped in a busy, colourful market filled with interesting people and monsters that she'd love to explore, but temporally out of phase, and unable to get anyone's attention no matter how hard she tried. Attempting to touch people would lead to them "instinctively" moving out of the way, so she'd never completely give up. The rest of the party had been deleted by a Time Basilisk, and the only people with knowledge of magic were with them.

We wanted to continue, so the DM constructed a method by which the party could get out of this, but it was BAD END until we came to that out of game decision.
>>
File: 1347122865959.jpg (16 KB, 171x233) Image search: [Google]
1347122865959.jpg
16 KB, 171x233
The game stalling in scheduling hell. Forever.
>>
Becoming a being devoid of soul and physical form, simply an omniscient omnipresent mind. Capable of knowing and seeing everything but incapable of ever doing anything.
>>
Led away a group of zombies before shooting himself in the head to lead them away from his friends.

Bad end because he wanted to stay alive to protect his daughter who ended up being raped and killed by bandits anyway.

Fuck that campaign.
>>
File: 1439607748219.png (269 KB, 376x449) Image search: [Google]
1439607748219.png
269 KB, 376x449
>>48170819
what the fuck
>>
>>48170606
Got petrified by a Gorgon that ambushed us as we were camping in some ruins. Over the course of the fight, the building collapsed (mostly because the wizard was a dipshit, and the only spells he had left at the end of the day were his dedicated "Oh Fuck" option) and he was buried.

Two thousand six hundred and fifty two years later, he was dug up by archeologists and put on display.
Seventy one years after that, some soccer moms complained, so the museum chopped his wang off and replaced it with a leaf.
>>
>>48170840

I spat my drink out. That's amazing.
>>
>>48170606
Bad news:
He's a devil now.
Good news:
He's a powerful and somewhat respected devil now.
>>
>>48170840
Oh shit... Yep. Pretty much slash thread.

Can we get a Slash thread?
>>
>>48170926
>Slash thread
I thought lewd writefaggotry was on the weekends
>>
My apostate cleric of the LG god was turned into a small earth elemental by a metagaming chaos goddess, then trapped within a city that inexplicably was a necromantic time bomb for my "nice" vampire vaifu's apotheosis/Xanatos gambit.
>>
My druid wildshaped into a shark to rescue a companion from an aboleth.
Alone.
He got killed.
Then the companion he rescued lost so many sanity points he developed necrophilia and raped his corpse.
>>
>>48170840
>I have no wang and I must scream
>>
>>48170606
Okay what was so offensive about OP's image that our puritan mods decided to protect our delicate eyes from it?
>>
>>48170840
Wait, wait, wait. How could they see his dick? Was he fighting the basilisk naked?
>>
>>48170606
it's somewhere between being killed by his own apprentice and being trapped in a fucking jar.
>>
>>48172977
Gorgon stares only petrify flesh, not clothes. The clothes probably just disintegrated away over the centuries.
>>
>>48170606
>Blood completely drained from his body twice within a span of 24 hours
>Became the champion of an evil god as part of a deal to protect his wife and children
>Becomes the BBEG of another campaign
>Dickass wizard kills his wife (got his comeuppance later)
>He's killed, even though his faction 'wins'
>His children are taken away from him as a fine print part of the protection deal
>He will never raise them or watch them grow up
>At least his wife is with him in Hell (They're both devils now)
>Evil god sends him to invade another plane with his new devil powers
>Pretty much accepts it at this point
It's not all bad, he's the lord of a demiplane with his wife. He also has another son (who is also a devil) now.
Due to planar time difference shenanigans, he won't recognize his original party when they meet him again- not when two weeks on one side turns into 55 years on the other.
>>
Discounting deaths, being carried away into what he did not realize was slavery because his companion, also along for the slave-trade ride, managed to stall out our game until we got bored and started a new one without him. Unless the canon is ever revisited, she's probably either being tossed into the slaughterdome or else has been transported half a continent away as a thankless workhorse in the wartorn zone trying to filth farm for whatever army claims possession of the land she gets stuck on after they're done burning it and driving off her previous captors, or dead.
Actually if she's absolutely incredibly lucky, she could make south for her home country for there via smuggling into the north-end slaveport where she had some old connections. That may be more of a long shot than just bolting for freedom though, and even that's pretty bad odds.
>>
File: Breakingresized_2119.jpg (132 KB, 243x500) Image search: [Google]
Breakingresized_2119.jpg
132 KB, 243x500
>>48170606
>Playing magical girl game
>Sorta like Madoka Magica, where we made a contract to do this and don't get out of it until we kill a certain nuber baddies, but then we get a wish for doing so, as well as out freedom.
>Me and the other players are newbies at this
>GM introduces the "cool older sister" mentor character to show us the ropes
>Unbeknownst to us, out "cool older sister" character is actually the only survivor from the group of Magical Girls who came before us
>She is secretly using us to fight the baddies for her, because she's afraid to do it alone.
>Finally kill enough baddies to get enough monster souls for a wish and get out of this horrible contract we're in, after losing one player along the way.
>About to make wish
>Cool older sister makes her move an attacks us, we roll like absolute shit.
>Kills my character and another, the only remaining player flees.
>Surviving player swears revenge, but her search for our betrayer is fruitless (it's sorta hard to track non-magical things, and since our betrayer was freed of her contract and no longer magic...)
>Unable to get any sort of justice, the mixed feelings of vegeance-fueled rage and loneliness-fueled despair hits a breaking point
>Player's magic twists upon itself and turns her into something... not quite human, but still as intelligent as one (compared to the rather animalistic youma we've been fighting so far)
>GM does a epilogue thingy where the weaker youma start revering this... thing as their mistress
>Heavily implied this character will be the BBEG of our next game with our next group of new characters.
>>
Eaten by very confused Demi-triangle.
>>
My last ditch effort to bring the BBEG to justice for his crimes led to me accidentally putting me in a situation where I had one round to rip out his consciousness and merge myself with him at a conceptual level, or immediately cease to exist retroactively. AT LEAST after some rationalising it wasn't bad because I gave into self-preservation or anything, this was my last chance to kill the man who took everything from me before he became a god.

While my PC *won* in this gambit, he fucking hated the guy and everything about him, and he *is* him. Not to mention that as the villain himself retro-actively ceased to exist as a result of this, his entire villainous plot was, as of the new timeline, a product of unfortunate happenstance and the vast journey of revenge that defined the character up to this point is now known to noone but themselves, they're just some random guy who tagged along to solve ghost crimes and fight dragons because they felt like it.
>>
File: 1466840500147.gif (935 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1466840500147.gif
935 KB, 500x269
>>48170648
From Zero to Feels real quick
>>
>>48172894
Just a cute animu girl being cute
>>
A dead dark elf's soul completely took over his body, dedicated it to Slannesh and became the new Prince Of Chaos. One of the mutations rolled was manneguin so the poor guy's face is still somewhere on that body.

Granted, my other PC in that campaign WAS the dark elf.
>>
I don't feel like recounting the actual story. But suffice to say the GM arbitrarily made my character sapped of all ability to fight back. Turned them to stone and then put the players against literal impossible odds when they tried to rescue them. Before blaming us for supposedly not being smart enough about the impossible situation based on events out of our control.

The GM then got salty and ended the game pre-epilogue because we all sat there laughing at him.
>>
>>48175070
One bouncy bed
>>
>>48176536
I bet it sounds like POMF =3
>>
>>48170819

Team
>Way to sacrifice yourself for the team bro
You
>Take care of my daughter, guys
Team
>You got it, bro
GM
>(Has daughter immediately raped and killed by bandits because drama/mah realism/doesn't want to deal with her anymore)
Team
>sorry.
GM
>So who's your next character?
>>
File: insanity-wolf-8897-400x250.jpg (25 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
insanity-wolf-8897-400x250.jpg
25 KB, 400x250
>>48177485
>So who's your next character?
One of the bandits
>>
>>48170606
DM was unprepared or shit, and we had downtime anyway, so we decided to go poaching. I miscalculated, or rather, underestimated how fast a rhino was whilst being the one to bait it into a trap. Of course it critted on charge and 1-shot me.
>>
>>48170606
One of my characters got married.
>>
>>48170606
My paladin became an existence out of time who was forced to watch himself and everyone else fuck up over and over again forever and never be able to help anyone.
>>
Lost her mind, haunted by the hallucinations/manifestations(?) of her dead comrades, and has been rendered more or less immortal so she can't kill herself even if she wanted to.
>>
>>48170784
I know that feel bro.
>>
Ate too many otherworldly magic fungus berries and was assumed into the collective. At that point he was basically a god among men, so the fungus used him to take over the world.
>>
>>48170606
Being possesed by demon and spend next few millennia watching him using your body for conquering the world and ruling it with an iron fist.
>>
>>48179796
Nigga I feel you
>>48179605
>>
>>48173237
I don't see anything specifying it only affects flesh.
>>
>>48170819
>>48177485
>not making your PC an orphan with zero familial ties or close friendships/romances

Rookie mistake.
>>
Party confronted the Lich in his demiplane mere moments before he obliterated the reality beyond it and ascended to godhood in a new world of his own creation. They stormed his stronghold thoroughly unprepared, but somehow managed to pererservere, vainquish their foe, save reality, and become heroes in their respective homelands.

In truth, the Lich managed to easily overwhelm the party, trapping them in his plane for all eternity, imprisoned within their own minds, placated by their victory in the fantasy reality within which they all reside.

Occasionally when the Lich God feels nostalgic, he'll return to the chamber where he captured them, all seated eternally immobile at the great stone table where he tried one final time to get them to see reason, before finally sealing their fate. He'll visit them and have a little chuckle before returning to oversee his new Creation.

My players know as much as their characters do. I may tell them the truth one day.
>>
>>48170606
Never had a bad end for a PC. Only game I've actually finished was a VtM game. Ran off to become a time traveling powerful as fuck vampire.

Never had a character even die.
>>
>>48170606
Why delete your pic OP? What was it?
>>
>>48182982
see
>>48175070
mods got jealous or something
>>
>>48182116
You are a shit GM. If you tell the players the 'truth', be ready to be replaced as GM and have your 'canon' be counted as some one off joke.
>>
>>48170648
First post truest post
>>
Not my PC but a friends, he was flayed alive and then immersed in salt. He lived for three weeks afterwards.
>>
Locked in a dungeon crafted by an ancient horror. He wasn't mutated, eaten, or killed by gazing upon the entity. The horror was in fact quite pleasant, if distant and unwilling to communicate with anyone, and it was his own foolishness that got him trapped down there in the depths. He was just locked down there to explore the dungeon until he died, which he did. There was never any exit, but the way the dungeon shifted and changed made it felt like he was making progress. It gave him hope that one day he might be free. He never did, and died of starvation, dehydration, and exhaustion, but even in his weakest state he kept moving in case the exit was just in the next room, dragging himself across the floor until he finally expired.
>>
>>48184629

I gave them every opportunity to avoid this outcome, this is where their choices led. If I do end up telling them, I plan to run one final session in which they break free of their mental prison and defeat the Lich in his new reality, once and for all.

The "truth" is mostly to help me cope with the fact that the party were a bunch of aimless Murderhoboes who put little more thought into defeating their foes than "charge in and attack, repeat until dead." Obviously an eternal Lich would be well equipped to avoid such an outcome, and so he did. Also real life disbanded the group a few sessions early, and so I had to improvise a conclusion that felt unsatisfying and contrived. Making it a Bad End just makes the ending that I presented to the player make sense, in my mind.

Maybe one day I'll pull that group together for a one-shot and put an end to it once and for all. Until then, they have their ending, and I have mine
>>
>>48184904
>The party didn't do what I wanted how I wanted it done, so I literally retconned their success to placate my fragile little ego

Dear god, he is a mountain of shit unto himself.
>>
File: 1467857300406.jpg (69 KB, 718x720) Image search: [Google]
1467857300406.jpg
69 KB, 718x720
>>48184904
I don't feel this even needs to be insulted. As >>48184979 did a good enough job. So have a smug anime girl.
>>
>>48184979

>players get a satisfying ending to their long campaign, instead of having me say "The Lich's plan is already complete, your own ignorant actions set the final pieces in motion and now nothing can be done to stop it, you can fight the Lich if you want, but you will probably still die, and it wouldn't matter anyway."

>I get an ending that makes actual sense and wasn't the result of plot armor and cartoon villain stupidity

>unless I decide to say anything, their ending is just as canon to them as mine is to me

I see no problem here. Though I recognize the dickery inherent in me telling my players after the fact, it's still cathartic to think about. If you GM'd my group you'd understand.
>>
File: geisha betrayed trimmed.png (390 KB, 938x1477) Image search: [Google]
geisha betrayed trimmed.png
390 KB, 938x1477
ERP bad end is best bad end. Or is it: bad end ERP is best ERP? Either way, I suppose.
>>
>>48185373
>players get a satisfying ending to their long campaign, instead of having me say "The Lich's plan is already complete, your own ignorant actions set the final pieces in motion and now nothing can be done to stop it, you can fight the Lich if you want, but you will probably still die, and it wouldn't matter anyway."
>I get an ending that makes actual sense and wasn't the result of plot armor and cartoon villain stupidity

You sound like the kind of cuck who makes villains they like more than the actual player characters and end up hoping they're going to win in the end. I'm willing to bet you as a GM made sure the players wouldn't pick up on this chain of events so that you could feel validated in making it impossible to stop.

>If you GM'd my group you'd understand.

I'd reccomend playing with actual friends, butyou sound like a friendless loser.
>>
>>48185373
He clearly has no soul or morals, nor sense of honor. Some sort of a vermin in the guise of a man.
>>
>>48181915
>not playing in a setting where all PCs come from Adventurer Eggs
>>
>>48185487

And you sound like the kind who flips the table and shits himself when your character suffers negative consequences because the plan you just pulled out your ass had no chance of success in any conceivable reality.
>>
>>48170606
Probably my inquisitor girl that got captured on a stealth mission and turned into breeding stock for gnolls. Female DMs are the worst for cramming their magical realms into everything.
>>
>>48186394
>girls
>having magical realms
get real, bro
>>
File: 5QvpsQa.jpg (30 KB, 781x511) Image search: [Google]
5QvpsQa.jpg
30 KB, 781x511
>>48188386

Humans are a perverted species
>>
File: Im fine.jpg (120 KB, 938x960) Image search: [Google]
Im fine.jpg
120 KB, 938x960
Raped to death by the BBEG's army. I don't play with that DM anymore.
>>
>>48188487
I have a feeling that for one reason or another that's probably what your DM wanted
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
Every single campaign I've ever played in with my first GM. Furthest we've ever actually gotten in one of them was almost the final dungeon of the first module of Rise Of The Runelords, then the GM just pulled the plug because he got annoyed with the fact that there'd always be at least one person who wouldn't be able to show up to play, so it just ended. No RFED, no "epilogue," nothing. He just made a new group and decided to try again.

With the next campaign, the players were apparently doing a lot of stupid shit in the beginning (I wouldn't know because I couldn't show up for the first half of the last session) and just snapped one afternoon, saying something around the lines of "Campaign is done forever, you're all pieces of shit, this was all a mistake," then a few weeks later made ANOTHER group and brought me along.

Tried again a third time with a different group but same GM, made it to the first dungeon crawl, and we've been on hiatus for months now.
>>
>>48170606
Life drained out of him early on by a vampire while on a sacred mission. His dying request was to have his magic items sold to give gold to his few remaining and crippled family members(who were also fucked up by vampires).

Unfortunately, as the vampire cleansing campaign came to its end, the entire rest of the party was wrecked by a coup de tat. So the family never got the money and probably starved.
>>
>>48188583
>Not giving the gold to the family as soon as possible just to get it out of the way

They probably weren't gonna give them the gold, even if the campaign was a success
>>
>>48185646
Now I want adventurer eggs to be a legit thing. Like, your party's walking around and sees some massive easter egg looking thing. Purple and speckled and shit. Your ranger's just like "whoah guys let's back off, I think that's a wizard. Even if a house cat can kill him before he gets out of the shell he still might turn your dick into a frog or something"

Then you find a golden egg and it's like "Shit nigga I think we found a cleric, I hope healer-chan has a nice rack"
>>
>>48188590
Died on the first vampire, unfortunately, with 1 cloak of resistance to my name.

It, uh, was an odd campaign, about asymmetrical warfare. We were level 2 and the vampire was a vampire.
>>
Gunslinger lost all of his guns in a boating accident after I made a stupid joke about losing guns in boating accidents.
>>
>>48188644
>The vampire was a vampire

I have no idea what that means but frankly that sounds like a bad idea
>>
I almost killed the rest of the party to kill the BBEG.

Luckily, the BBEG's servant holding one of the PCs and blocking the way decided to get out of the way of my fucklaser.
>>
>>48175070
>>48183927
Why would a mod be jelly of a cute girl?
>>
>>48190461
Because he's a hairy and smelly big guy and he'll never be as petite and cute as her
>>
>>48190622
So the same reasons as the rest of us.
>>
>>48188625
Sounds like we could brew some nice little setting here.
>>
>>48185481
Waaait, so evil twin betrayed her sister while doing absolutely dangerous mission, while being just TEMPORARILY in somebody's else body, what in the end resulted in death of the both twins, because evil twin's soul came back to the good twin, who was captured due to betrayal. That's quite a fuck up.
>>
>>48170969
Fucking whoa
>>
>>48188687
Duh, a vampire vampire. Ever seen Blade 2?
>>
Probably having to marry an evil dragon.

I've had characters that died, and in bad ways, but that ending had the most pain and suffering.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.