[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For whatever reason, I'm putting myself through trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: りゅうたま.png (1 MB, 615x870) Image search: [Google]
りゅうたま.png
1 MB, 615x870
For whatever reason, I'm putting myself through trying to get my 7 year old sister into playing TRPGs, not because I'm a cruel person, but probably because I have no friends.
I've been looking through my collection of PDFs, but naturally a large part of them seem too complex for me to simplify and still keep the game intact, and not quite child-friendly enough to remove the uglier bits from and still keep the game intact. Of course I plan on dropping as many rules as reasonably possible.

I was thinking of trying Engine Heart, and I've already kind of started: she wants to be a robot cat. She's excited about playing it, but hopefully my handling of the mechanics of this don't bore her and put her off of it. I think also Ryuutama is supposed to be kind of cute, but I know nothing about it. Small Towns is unfinished but it's simple and the concept would be good I think. Any suggestions? Don't say Black Tokyo.
>>
File: chihiro_06.png (907 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
chihiro_06.png
907 KB, 1280x692
>>48170039
Golden Sky Stories
http://starlinepublishing.com/our-games/golden-sky-stories/

Monsters and Other Childish Things (the monsters are pets)
http://www.arcdream.com/pdf/monsters-quick.pdf

FAE
http://www.evilhat.com/home/fate-core-downloads/
>>
>>48170154
Much appreciated, will check out.
>>
>>48170154
Additionally, yeah, the feeling of that film is something that would be cool to capture for my sister if I could manage it.
>>
>>48170039
>Don't say Black Tokyo.
FATAL
>>
>>48170039
>I think also Ryuutama is supposed to be kind of cute, but I know nothing about it.
Ryuutama is a Ghibli movie crossed with Dragon Quest crossed with Oregon Trail. Play it with her.
>>
>>48170597
Honestly, I think EH is much too crunchy, and even FAE with only a few mechanics and no lists will be hard for a 7 year old to grasp. I'd just tell a story and have her roll a d6 or d% at crucial tableaus. Rules should be something like crit fail, success, crit cuccess, and something special happens if you roll your birthday, or doubles, or a seven, whatever. No stats, no mechanics, unless it becomes too arbitrary and contrived. Then you can slowly roll out rudimentary mechanics, like three stats to roll against.
>>
>>48170692
Miyazaki's visions are something we can all merely attempt to do justice. Totoro might fit the same age. The others are more grown up.

>>48170739
>Oregon Trail
>>
>>48170154
>golden sky stories
>that artstyle

Those lines are familiar enough that I wouldn't put my lil sis near 'em, personally
>>
>>48171263
It's actually Japanese, it was translated. In Japan, Manga isn't associated with pervdom. That's just because the pervdom of Manga is so fascinating to Westerners. It's more tame than Ryuutama.
>>
>>48171263
I think one of the artists for GSS also was an artist for MAID and Zettai Reido. Or maybe I'm thinking of author.
>>
>>48171263
What, just because the artist did hentai (assuming based on your reaction, not that I know), all of their non-sexual artwork has cooties now?
>>
>>48171263
I own a physical copy of Golden Sky Stories. It's completely clean. Not even any violence in it (seriously, there are no rules for fighting in the game, as far as I can see).

If I was trying to get children into roleplaying, I'd use it. It's simply, too.
>>
>>48171515
There are rules for fighting in the game.
You lose your relationship to the town and I think some other penalty and you don't get anywhere with it.
>>
>>48170039
I recommend either something really rules-lite (like a retroclone) or something that depends more on narrative than crunch (is there a PBTA kid-friendly game?)
>>
File: GSS a typical day 2.png (731 KB, 762x1131) Image search: [Google]
GSS a typical day 2.png
731 KB, 762x1131
>>48171263
What's wrong fampai, too cute for you?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.