[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why people blame Twilight for ruining vampires when it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: dracula.jpg (261 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dracula.jpg
261 KB, 1600x1200
Why people blame Twilight for ruining vampires when it's in fact Dracula's fault? Before Briam Stoker wrote the novel vampires were disgusting, zombie like creatures not handsome aristocrats.
>>
>>48167083
I must disagree with you anon, Dracula is an enjoyable novel and helped spawn the idea of vampires being able to infiltrate and act as a parasite upon society. Which works quite nicely from a horror perspective.

Twilight was poorly written and made them sparkle.
>>
>>48167083
I blame Twilight for making young adult novels popular.
Twilight is like a Japanese LN, but Western.
Literally cancer.
It spawned a bunch of shitty uninspired franchises like 50 Shades of Gray that enjoyed a wild success among people too illiterate to enjoy proper literature. And, no, I'm not talking about B-tier paperback fantasy/sci-fi/whatever novels when I'm talking about "proper literature".
>>
File: 1466349526555.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1466349526555.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
If anything Anne Rice ruined them first, and harder. A lot of what she did to them stuck meanwhile nobody really thinks of Twilight vampires as real vampires.
>>
>>48167083
Dracula's a terrible novel, but it did inspire Nosferatu. Ruthven and Carmilla predated Dracula as sexy undead, they ultimately deserve your blame.
>>
>>48167297
You sound like a faggot fedora to be honest. You should propably kill yourself.
>>
>>48167083
My problem with Twilight isn't that they 'ruined' vampires, it's that they were being called vampires when they clearly weren't. Seriously, I'd have given less of a damn if they had just called them Fae.
>>
>>48168136
Totally uncalled for desu
>>
>>48167297
dracula was a good novel until the bullshit about chasing dracula across the fucking coutnry then it was boring
>>
>>48168291
for me it was an excellent thriller until he introduced lucy, who is just a lustful whore who derails a tense novel.
>>
>>48168179
they are more like Blood drinking golems!

come on, they sparkle! clearly they have gem growth on them!

>>48168136
>>48167136
>its an old classic! its enjoyable!

let me guess, you also think HP Lovecraft was a literary genius, AND you think if it wasnt for Starship Troopers that no one would have power armor today.
>>
>>48167083
Dracula is a Mary Sue!

>hurr I turn into anything! even fucking smoke!

>hurr fuck sunlight!

>hurr you need like an entire party to kill me!

yer a faget DM
>>
>>48168333
You sound more retarded with every post.
>>
>>48168136
Just saying there was sexy vamps before Dracula. Also, Varney predates him, and going on synopsis that novel is your basic CWoD game.
>>48168291
>>48168330
Epistolary structure ruins it. William Gibson wrote the basic plot and theme better in the Sprawl trilogy.
>>
>>48167083
>Before Briam Stoker wrote the novel vampires were disgusting, zombie like creatures not handsome aristocrats.
But they weren't. Several examples of aristocratic vampires predate Dracula, such as Carmilla.
>>
>>48167083
>Before Briam Stoker wrote the novel vampires were disgusting, zombie like creatures not handsome aristocrats.
Nigga, John William Polidori wrote "The Vampyre" 80 years before Bram Stoker wrote "Dracula".
>>
>>48168379
Didn't he get completely decapitated in one slash by one guy with a kukri?

I seem to recall that.
>>
>>48167083

Stoker deacribes Dracula as an ugly deranged fuck with scars and a massive mustache. He was a rapist with degenerate slaves.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.