[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General - /exg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: Solar_Exalted_Logo.gif (15 KB, 275x102) Image search: [Google]
Solar_Exalted_Logo.gif
15 KB, 275x102
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Whine about things not being canon edition!
>>
>>48165757
>not knowing what noko is

When did noko stop working?
>>
>>48166563
That thread is dead, focus on the topic on hand.

And noko stopped functioning a few years ago, considering there's no email field on /tg/ I don't know why you'd assume it works in the name field.
>>
What happens to the souls of a dead person when you immediately immolate their corpse?
>>
>>48166754

Same thing that happens otherwise.

The higher soul, the hun, will either form a ghost or move on to Lethe depending on how it died and its nature as a person.

The lower soul, the po, will linger for a few days until it dissolves away. I *think* immolating a corpse doesn't count as desecrating it, so long as you use actual fire, so the po will be very disinclined to forming a hungry ghost unless you do something awful anyway like pissing on the ashes.
>>
If a monstrance of celestial portion is destroyed, and the abyssal associated it destroy, does the exaltation shard go back to lytek?
>>
>>48167035
Sounds like something the ST should decide.
>>
What happens if the PC's kill the entire bronze faction?
>>
>>48167526
Then Kejop was proven right.
>>
>>48167552
but they're all dragon-blooded!
>>
>>48167552
That only proves that the bronze faction got what was coming to them , remember - the bronze faction is responsible for a lot of evil, evil shit, and they are completely retarded when it comes to dealing with enemies outside fate.
>>
>>48167595
They don't even know about the insidious corrupting influences Solars had on their actions, used as pawns yet again.
>>
>>48167650
They got orders direct from the five maidens

purge the sidereals

they sent five bronze facton sidereals to train them in celestial martial arts, then instructed them to kill the sidereals immediately after
>>
>>48167712
It's a pity how even the Incarnae have fallen prey to devious Solar machinations. RIP ketchup.
>>
>>48167712
>They got orders direct from the five maidens

It's clear that you're engineering this situation directly as the ST, so why not just have whatever you actually want to happen be the result?

Like it would be one thing if your PCs just--somehow--managed to do this of their own volition, but at this point you're asking "so if I plop a purple dragon that conjures shotguns and religious tracts into Creation, what happens?" Whatever you clearly want to happen, because nobody writes that into a world without some specific point in mind.
>>
>>48167765
but the plot twist is

The one behind this whole plot is actually....

Tepet Fokuf!

He's an infernal exalted that is becoming a mini yozi, and his cosmic principal is masturbation
>>
>>48167846
You're taking it too far and just being silly now, fook off!
>>
>>48167807
Hey, I'm the one who asked >>48167526 initially.

The other guy who responded isn't me.

I'm not the ST, I've been asked to find out what is normally the repercussions for killing off the bronze faction is.

We have Lytek on out side.
>>
>>48167886
If none were able to survive or pass their teachings and secrets on to a new generation of Sidereals, then you've wiped out the movement. This'll fuck with heaven in general like killing off lots of any Sidereal would, but It'll also allow the Gold Faction to take charge, and you'll see a lot of moves and policies endorsing Solars as pawns, and less support for Dragonblooded. Some might even genuinely like Solars and believe them to be the rightful rulers, but most of them just value Solars as powereful tools rather than something to hunt down.
>>
>>48167979
Thank you for the advice!

We're doing it on behalf of the entire Incarnae, Kejop accidentally provided evidence of the Usurpation and a list of all members of the bronze faction, we are hoping this will end their withdraw into the pleasure dome.
>>
I've never played a game of exalted where the storyteller doesn't have the sidereals be the biggest threat to creation in the setting due to the incompetence of the bronze faction
>>
>>48168151
I've never played a game of Exalted where our Circle didn't brutally kill all the Bronze Faction motherfuckers who messed with our shit.
>>
>>48168121

Uh, why would the Incarnae give a shit?

The Usurpation happened long after they'd turned their backs on Creation, and it never made them even look up.
>>
>>48168189
Because they gave the Solars mandate to rule, and Lytek came clean to the Incarnae about the Great Curse.

they're hopeful now
>>
>>48168290
>Because they gave the Solars mandate to rule,
Because that works out so well in general. Even without the Curse, Exalts would behave hardly any differently, as we have several canon Exalt-types to demonstrate.

> and Lytek came clean to the Incarnae about the Great Curse.
I'm sorry, the only response I can see from Conky on this matter is "So?"

More elaborately: "Why should I forgive my Chosen their weakness anymore than I would the madness that it allowed to enter and fester? They were gifted with MY boundless might, and yet still fell prey to enemies literally on their deathbeds."

Maybe after some actual show of penance and labor, Conky would consider it, but I don't see him the type to suffer Chosen who can't detect and undo a "mere" death curse from their cosmic enemies.
>>
>>48168378
your headcanon does not apply to everyone
>>
>>48168476

No, it doesn't, that's why I was trying to invite discussion as to ascertain the thought-processes that led to your headcanon on the matter.

"Conky just shrugs, forgives and forgets all the abuses of the First Age because curse" is an end-goal I have trouble seeing the road to.
>>
>>48168554
That wasn't me, but I agree with that anon - Conky has 5 in all virtus - he should be all forgiving, the type if you're honest to he'll say it'll all okay, as long a you're not a creature of darkness.

Creation has steadily been declining, and if HIS chosen can actually reverse the tide, I bet that would make him less depressed.
>>
>>48168554
Everything I've read about Conky in the actual material points to him being very forgiving because he realizes humanity is flawed
>>
>>48168681
In the primordial war, Conky exchanged himself for a single, mortal captive, because he realized if he couldn't trade his life for one of those under his charge, he was worthless.

He has compassion five for a reason.
>>
>>48168639
>>48168744

Ah, 2E Conky. Fair enough.
>>
If I'm within close range to an enemy, and wish to Rush to another enemy further away, do I need to also Disengage from the first guy?
>>
>>48168858
1e Conky is a douchebag written back when white wolf was still trying to be edgy
>>
>>48168859

Not right away, since the rush action doesn't make you move immediately, but if you wanted to actually make use of the rush action's reflexive movement, I'd make you roll a disengage, yeah.
>>
>>48168930
I would rather have the leader of the gods be a douche than a total retard.
>>
What happens if a Solar uses soulteel? Is it just crap for them?

Also, is it possible to play as a Solar who's Exaltation shard use to be an Abyssal who ended up redeeming himself and dying?
>>
>>48168930

1E Conky is a god of perfection with the problem of holding everyone to the same standards he holds himself to. He is, after all, perfectly fair.
>>
>>48168967
>What happens if a Solar uses soulteel? Is it just crap for them?
In 2e? Yeah, it just incurs the same doubled attunement cost.

In 3e? You can use it same as any other MM.

>Also, is it possible to play as a Solar who's Exaltation shard use to be an Abyssal who ended up redeeming himself and dying?
In theory yes, but you'd certainly need ST permission, for several reasons.
>>
>>48168970
1E conky is more o a drug addict who can't realize his own hypocrisy

2e conky is more of softy, but he realizes the Exalted, given the right situations, can be much better rulers than him because they're human
>>
>>48169015
>1E conky is more o a drug addict who can't realize his own hypocrisy
As opposed to 2E Conky, who's a drug addict and actively postures his moral superiority to people from a position of just as much hypocrisy.

>2e conky is more of softy, but he realizes the Exalted, given the right situations, can be much better rulers than him because they're human
That's literally nonsense, and absolutely not present in the text. Humans aren't special in Exalted. That's kind of the whole point of the setting; there's no unique "humanness" that makes them the triumphant underdogs and mentally superior to aliens in some nebulous fashion.
>>
>>48169003
Not having the great curse is a drawback AND a boon right?

Are there more benefits mechanically to having it then not?

Also, I'm having a hard time finding what the magical materials actually do in 3e, what chapter describes their mechanical benefits?
>>
>>48169047
I got that impression from what the ink monkeys say
>>
>>48169066
>Not having the great curse is a drawback AND a boon right? Are there more benefits mechanically to having it then not?
Sort of. In 2E, Solars cured of the Curse still had Limit, but in place of Limit Breaks they lost 1WP dot for a month. Arguably that's really bad, but it depends on how many people you don't want to butcher.

In 3E it's unknown.

>Also, I'm having a hard time finding what the magical materials actually do in 3e, what chapter describes their mechanical benefits?
There aren't any. Artifact material just informs the themes of the artifact and what evocations it expresses. Which also means we might see artifacts that aren't crafted from the same 5 fucking things for once.
>>
>>48169047
I think they can become better rulers because they have a good chunk of the perfection of the Unconquered Sun, at least at times, and an actual human perspective. They are humans, humans with godlike power but they were still born and raised as a human.

Gods have often been mentioned at having a completely different perspective on life than mortals, they cannot die, don't need to reproduce, and have anatomies completely disparate from humanity. A Solar has all the same potential failings and wants as a human, eventually, like in the First Age, they will forget these things and become monsters even worse than the gods or the Primordials because at least the gods and Primordials had that alien psychology to blame their horrific acts on, the First Age Solars basically chose to become monsters over time.

Humans aren't special, but the best ruler a human empire could have is a human ruler with the potential perfection of the Unconquered Sun, no other being could possibly know the wants, needs, and failings of their subjects except somebody that is one of them.

That I believe is why the Unconquered Sun would view the Exalted as better rulers than he would be.
>>
>>48169174
>They are humans, humans with godlike power but they were still born and raised as a human.

Ah yes, 20-some years of mortality weighed against millenia of life-experience not that different from being a god.

Surely one of these will outweigh the others.
>>
So, are there any games looking for players?
I've checked the usual places, and can't seem to find any.
>>
>>48169216
I've got an ERP game you can join.
>>
>>48169216
I'm look for an extra player, but only if you can come in person
>>
>>48169195
Yeah, eventually, that's why the First Age ended in the Usurpation, because once the Solars become the God-Kings whenever they Exalted they were whisked away and told they were amazing greatness and everyone should line up to suck their dick, they weren't treated like a human anymore, and eventually they became mad tyrants beyond anything we could possibly see in our world.

They have the potential to be great rulers because they understand the life of a mortal in a way no other being could, but then they have the potential to be even worse rulers than the Primordials or the most vindictive god because they SHOULD know what they're doing, but they chose to do it anyway.

A Primordial kills millions of mortals because they don't see them as "people" a Solar does it because they chose to forget that fact.
>>
>>48169228

Not that anon, but ERP you say?
>>
>>48169146
Is there any reason something can'y be made of more than one?

I just always hated the color gold
>>
>>48169261
Yeah. You gotta tell me what will you play and how far will you go with it and I'll determine if you're in or not.
>>
>>48169266
They can be made with any combination of magical and non-magical materials, including exotic ingredients like a behemoth's claw or something.
>>
>>48169228
Exalted ERP? My dreams have come true!
>>
>>48169293

Is there a non-thread way to contact you to avoid taking up posts that could possibly be more productive, or should I just drop my magical realm down for all to see?
>>
>>48169293
Contact details?
>>
>>48169317
Exalted has a lot of ERP games, it's a very popular type.
>>
>>48169228

Not 48169228 but interested. Details?
>>
>>48169324
magical realm
>>
How would you guys do the prophetic Solar Lore charms Infernal versions? I was thinking making them Cecelyne-based, where you just flat-out rewrite the laws of reality to benefit you and you only.
>>
>>48169369

Very well. I will, for politenesses sake, put it into spoilers.

My biggest fetishes are pregnancy, submission and being bred; bondage is fairly high up there as well, as well as transformation and corruption. Depending on the edition, the type of Exalted I would play might different, but I would most definitely enjoy playing a relatively innocent, recently-exalted maiden forced to dive head-first into amazing debauchery and the increasingly corrupted influence of outside forces.
>>
>>48169416
what about giving birth to a child that instantly grows up and you have sex with?

that was a the plot of an avenger comic
>>
>>48169266
You can make a Solar's weapon out of any magical material; a Solar can use Green Jade Daiklaves, or a Starmetal Skycutter, or whatever, for your artifact weapon, and it will be pretty much as effective, just in a different way.
>>
>>48169517

Sounds suitably traumatic.
>>
>>48169369
OR here. Well, here goes.

I don't really have a magical realm as such, I'm up for a lot of things. I'm more of a character person, playing someone who just gets into erotic mis-adventures. The nature of them depends on the character.
Right now, I have a dawn caste loli, and a lesbian pirate queen.
>>
>>48169553
that plot is actually how ms marvel left the avengers

they were perfectly okay with some guy mind controlling her into letting him impregnate her with himself in alternate dimension, giving birth to him in the real world, then forcing her to run off with him and be his sex slave

needless to say, fans were pissed, and a few years later (new writer) she came back and flipped out on them
>>
Remember Holden and Morke are liars
>>
>>48169773

Fair enough.

You're not the guy who was advertising the game, are you?
>>
>>48169923
no

nor am i the one who told you to magical realm
>>
>>48169359
What? And I can still never find even a mention of them? Where the hell should I be looking?
>>
>>48170009
Your FLGS
>>
>>48166563
Are there seriously people here who don't know about noko?

Who in there right mind would ever think that would be namefaging, instead of just a retarded mistake?
>>
>>48169240
Well, long shot, but where and when?
>>
>>48170587
New Jersey, starting in two weeks or so
>>
>>48169261

So were you just trolling us or are you gonna deliver contact info?
>>
>>48170708

Meant that post for >>48169228, sorry.,
>>
>>48170708
None of you passed.
>>
>>48170731

Well you're picky. What would it have taken to pass, then?
>>
>>48170792
It's a secret. Otherwise, what's the fun in making you admit your Magical Realm?
>>
Hey, thanks to the guy last thread that pointed out Inexorable Advance way after I asked my question, didn't expect an answer but got a pretty good basis for the Evocation.
>>
can someone post an example of a well made character?

like, also explaining the reasoning behind putting points where in character creation?
>>
>>48170792
Nothing, really. You just have to make my penis feel funny.
>>
What the fuck is this combat system? My God.

Am I overreacting? Is it a lot better in practice than it is on paper? Because Dice pool for initiative, dice pool for attack, dice pool for damage modified by extra successes from attack roll, constantly adjusting and keeping track of initiative changes, and I haven't even begun reading into charms and shit, it seems like a lot. Like, way too much.

Does anyone have stories of having fun with this combat system? I like the scale and scope of the game (minus huge battles between epic sized armies, that's just not my thing for tabletop), so I'm interested in playing.
>>
>>48171925
Yes, it's unintuitive on paper, but pretty good in play. Just try a few practice rounds with the basics, and work your way up. You'll get a sense of Initiative being how good someone is doing in that fight, and it'll feel dramatic when people get high, low, or a big change happens.
>>
>>48171925

It's fun, but crunchy. If you don't like crunch, you probably won't like it.
>>
my experiences with it have been pretty bad :< it just feels like a long, pointless slog until someone lands a proper decisive hit and ends the fight

idk maybe i'm doing something wrong, it just doesn't feel that fun to me :/
>>
>>48172194

In my experience, its not the system that makes it long and boring, its the players who take 5 minutes to consult their charms and decide on a course of action - and who wait until it's their turn to start thinking.
>>
>>48171925
I find it fun as fuck. It combines dramatic description of larger-than-life combat with the thrill of BIG NUMBERS. I found it pretty intuitive, too, people tend to pick it up quick if they actually try. It's a lot more fun than 2e.
>>
>>48172230
>>48172267

I'll give it a try. I'll go look for a game group that hopefully has mostly people who are ready to do their thing when it's their turn.

I'll figure out a way to play something I've always wanted: a heavy armored grappler/fist fighter. Striking for withering attacks, and I dunno maybe I can create a custom charm that's like a spinning piledriver, or T Hawk grab for decicive attack.
>>
>>48172343
Voice helps pretty immensely with speeding up combat. I tend to speed up combat in the game I'm in by knowing it really, really well, coaching people who don't know it outside of game time, and being ready to very quickly, plainly, and briefly explain any given system when it comes up, since some of them can't be assed to read the book.

Also, the thing you just described is just Solar Brawl. Most of that is ess 1, even. And you don't need a custom charm for a spinning piledriver, that's pretty easily a stunted Crashing Wave Throw. If you want your striking to mostly be your withering stuff, then you just need a handful of the strike charms, and can dip heavier into the grapple tree. Ferocious Jab, Falling Hammer Strike, and Fists on Iron would probably carry you a long way, for your striking attacks.
>>
>>48172343

I'm playing a similar character (not really heavily armoured, but with resistance charms).

Things to watch out for:

* You really don't need to make withering attacks - Strength Increasing Exercise + Crashing Wave Throw can deal lots of damage with no initiative needed. You just need enough initiative to successfully pull off the gambit, and Vicious Lunge (the entry-level grappling charm) means that number is 4 (enough to pay for the gambit without crashing) which is what you'll reset to at E1 with the Dawn anima power.

* All grapple attacks are gambits, which is to say decisive attacks. Weapons - or the lack thereof - don't matter, and they are hard to land. You'll have to use your excellency to reliably succeed against tough opponents, until you get Dragon Coil Technique and River-Binding Wrath - which means E3 unless you're Brawl supernal.

* With Crashing Wave throw, you'll only rarely need to perform withering savage attacks - you'll generally throw them straight away, rather than holding them down. However, due to this, you'll be sitting at a low initiative a lot of the time, and if you're crashed, you can't grapple, so this effectively turns off your shtick - and your charm investments. You really don't want to get crashed.

* You'll blow through motes right quick. You'll be able to take out tough opponents quickly and reliably, but in a long fight, you'll be down to 5-motes-a-round after doing it once or twice.
>>
>>48172383
>>48172478

Wow, thank you so much. You both pretty much did all the work of hunting down and looking for the "must include" options. That frees me up to focus more on understanding the system and the setting, and I appreciate it.
>>
>>48172230
Variable A: Exalted System
Variable B: Specific Player Group X

Result: Long and boring gameplay.

Variable A: Fate
Variable B: Specific Player Group X

Result: Fast and fun gameplay.

Well, we didn't change Variable B, and the result changed, therefore it must be Variable B that is causing problems. Lets blame them.
>>
>>48173194
Exalted is fucking significantly more crunchy than Fate, of course their turns will take longer. But relative to other crunchy games, and previous editions of Exalted, 3e goes pretty smoothly when people know what their charms are and understand initiative.
>>
File: Night Caste.png (133 KB, 538x600) Image search: [Google]
Night Caste.png
133 KB, 538x600
Hey /exg/, I have a request:

I'm playing a Dawn and I'm trying to come up with ideas for a set of shortklaves. I'll post what I have written up, and would really appreciate any ideas to make them into something interesting.

Style & Substance
(Moonsilver and Green Jade Shortklaves, Artifact •••)

Style and Substance are a pair of daiklaves made from an alloy of Moonsilver and Green and White Jade. Style refers to the moonsilver sword, which can turn into an attractive bangle or a glove and not lose any of its functionality. Substance refers to the less morphic sword, which is a beautiful verdigris sabre of relatively small size.

I don't know what the Attunement bonus could be, nor do I have much of an idea of what Evocations it has. Something something poison, or maybe something something anti-fae bullshit.
>>
File: Tunnel Snakes Rule.jpg (130 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Tunnel Snakes Rule.jpg
130 KB, 1440x900
Hey /exg/, do you think you could explain mounted combat for me?

>Be on cool horse
>take turn to go from medium to short distance to target
>another turn to go from short to close
>perform impale attack (p203)
>disengage on the next turn, risk getting rushed by some pleb on foot, bad end
>take ANOTHER turn to get back to medium range
>repeat

Is taking 6 turns in between impales really the only way to do this? It feels dumb as shit to just sit there on your horse in close range poking at people until they die. I want to be mobile all running around and shit.

Also how would you rule motorcycle mounted combat? do you think ride charms easily convert to bikes? I want to build a mechanic that does some motorcycle artifact jousting shenanigans.
>>
>>48173900
You get the Mount Speed bonus to Rush, Disengage and Withdraw. You also use Ride instead of Dodge and Athletics for any movement rolls.

Also this :
>Mounted fighters employing close-range weapons enjoy a +1 bonus to withering attacks against non-mounted opponents of human scale, or +2 against battle groups (p. 205) not armed with weapons with the reaching ag (p. 586). Mounted fighters also enjoy a +1 Defense bonus against attacks from close-range weapons wielded by non-mounted opponents, so long as those weapons lack the reaching tag.

So as a mortal, you're obviously not supposed to spend your time going to mid range, impaling and going back, because as you've noted, that takes way too long. Instead, you charge in, impale a dude, avoid the fucking pikes, then fight like any high-mobility fighter : use Disengage and Rush a lot, go from one target to the next, and when things go south, Withdraw like a boss. And avoid the fucking pikes.

If you're an Exalt, there's charms to let you disengage reflexively, charms to speed things up range-bands wise, so I'm sure it's possible to build a character specifically for spamming Impale attacks on everyone on the battlefield. Even without that, most battles won't be duels, so you have plenty of opportunities to spam them just with a bit of investment. Just attempt 1, reflexive disengage, target another dude at Medium (probably their Archer), attempt 2, reflexive disengage, go back and forth between targets, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>48173194
When did >>48172194 post about Fate?
>>
>>48173194
Yeah, it turns out if people have trouble dealing with complexity the problem goes away when you remove complexity.

This doesn't make complexity worse.
>>
>>48173564
Generally, you want to make all the Evocations work together to create an overarching effect and flow to using the weapon. What kind of build do you have?

For that pair in particular, hmm. My tendency would be to have a style that flows from relying on one to playing up the other. Maybe have Substance do some weakening/poisoning deal, then morph Style for a deadly decisive.

So something like...
Attunement: withering attacks with Substance have +1 Accuracy. For an extra 2m commit, decisive attacks with Style have +1 raw damage.
* A Charm that cuts down defense in a way that's about as good as, but mechanically different from, Falling Hammer Strike. e.g. base Duration 5, +1 duration, -1 Defense, on additional hit, but when first hit make Stam + Res and remove that many successes.
* A Charm that helps the former Charm work, such as by inflicting a temporary penalty to Resistance rolls.
* A Charm that boost the accuracy of a decisive with Style, as it morphs from bangle/glove/whatever into actual sword and surprise slams people.
* A Charm that boosts the damage of a decisive with Style.
>>
>>48174357
Thanks my man. I'm not sure why I didn't think of alternating targets. I haven't actually played the system yet so I'm just used to a group of people sitting next to each other on square or hex grids. Hopefully my ST spices up the ranges between targets and doesn't just group em all up like a retard
>>
File: Rohanoutfit.png (1 MB, 438x1170) Image search: [Google]
Rohanoutfit.png
1 MB, 438x1170
>>48166527
What charms/sorceries/people exist in canon exalted that can alter memories and mind control people?

>inb4 sidereals

What specific charms and sorceries?
>>
>>48176788
I got you, my man.

READ THE FUCKING BOOK
>>
File: into-the-trash-it-goes.png (142 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
into-the-trash-it-goes.png
142 KB, 350x227
>>48177298
What a great answer!
>>
>>48177382
3E has exactly one book. It's a long book, but it's still reasonable to assume that someone who's interested in the game will read it.
>>
File: 135468323457.png (167 KB, 393x349) Image search: [Google]
135468323457.png
167 KB, 393x349
>>48177415
>read it
>implying that I didn't ctrl+f "memor" through it completely

So far only 1 charm that completely alters memories has been found and it's for solars.

No sorcery, no sidereal charm, no demon magic, nothing.

And then I get trash answers like >>48177298
>>
>>48177475
As it is, I'm just thinking about ripping off the solar charm and fixing it on my NPC with memory-altering powers.

Since apparently there's nothing else with the same effect for any other exalted.
>>
>>48177475
One book. What you see there is what we've got.
>>
File: 126546308.png (81 KB, 500x243) Image search: [Google]
126546308.png
81 KB, 500x243
>>48177538
Except there is 2e, where I rip the charms off from for my dragonblood NPC, Abyssals, Lunars et cetera.

I thought that /exg/ would tell me something I didn't know, something obscure... But apparently there is no charm that can alter memories aside from the solar one.

Oh, by the way, I love how unhelpful people are getting.

This board is getting shittier by the day.
>>
>>48177583
>waaaah my laziness didn't pay off
>>
>>48177583
You're why people hate Jojo fans
>>
File: 1448550767586.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1448550767586.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>48177608
I bet you say that to every driver who asks you for directions, cunt
>>
>>>/a/143869820

yes/no?
>>
File: 1565498145.jpg (35 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
1565498145.jpg
35 KB, 600x525
>>48177615
And you can tell that I'm a Jojofan because I used one reaction image?
>>
>>48177633
You asked for memory altering charms with a picture of Rohan, you obnoxious cunt.
>>
File: mfr.png (50 KB, 398x285) Image search: [Google]
mfr.png
50 KB, 398x285
>>48177651
?
>>
File: being human.jpg (47 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
being human.jpg
47 KB, 500x295
>>48177651
Better now, fuckhead?
>>
STOP FUCKING REPLYING TO HIM

ITS THE ONLY WAY HE'LL LEARN
>>
My players (Infernals) want to build a kingdom in the southwest. Who are possible allies and enemies?
>>
>>48177716
Build a kingdom or take over? Infernals are exalted of the yozis you know? The ones who would like to destroy creation to have revenge on all the people that live in it.
>>
>>48177732
>>48177716
Infernals are not so good at the building but they are very good at corrupting existing things. Corrupting a kingdom into yozi worship with the GSPs as its glorious rockstar god-kings is well within their purview, I daresay.

Allies: Remarkably few. Most folks aren't fond of the Yozi, so you'd have to force them to be your allies, a lot of times, or offer some pretty sweetly honeyed words.

Enemies: All of them. Operating in the South might draw the ire of the Lion, too.
>>
>>48177732
They should take over the people of Kulatya: picture Aztecs.

Get your players to take over those primitive, bloodthirsty people and they should attract some allies, being exalted and all. Here's a link for reference.

http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/Locations/Kulatya

Also, don't ask on /exg/, people will lynch you for asking anything these days.
>>
>>48177881
meant to reply to >>48177716
>>
>>48177716
Otherwise, try The Garden: there's a program to breed terrestrial exalted with the help of Infernals so you might find some useful allies there.

Terrestrial exalted can be useful, even if they aren't as strong as lunars or solars.

Link for reference
>http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/The_Garden
>>
>>48176788

2e had the forgotten blade that could forgo doing damage in exchange for erasing memories.
>>
File: War.Of.Genesis.3.full.1430136.jpg (90 KB, 540x782) Image search: [Google]
War.Of.Genesis.3.full.1430136.jpg
90 KB, 540x782
>>48178372
That sounds very much like something I'm looking for: was it statted in one of the core books?
>>
File: Passion Moray.png (89 KB, 238x308) Image search: [Google]
Passion Moray.png
89 KB, 238x308
>>48176788
Passion Morays can eat people's memories of sexual encounters, at the same time literally unhappening those encounters.

So it swallows someone's memories of getting raped and the PTSD it aused vanishes.

It consumes someone's sex life with their HIV+ gf and tey retroactively never contract the disease.

It gorges on their entire sexual history and they become a virgin again.

There's your template demon. throw a load of sorcerous workings on it until it can eat other types of memories too - suddenly you have an Honesty Eel that lives to eat and erase memories of people being screwed over so everyone trusts you forever.
>>
>>48178412
That sounds like it might be broken somewhat... How come when I ctrl+f'd the second edition core rulebook nothing of the sort came up?
>>
>>48178512
They're in MoEP: Infernals
>>
>>48178399

Page 43 of Old McDonalds. Check out Theft of Memory on page 65 of White and Black Treatises if sorcery is your thing.
>>
File: 135468323456.png (149 KB, 526x430) Image search: [Google]
135468323456.png
149 KB, 526x430
>>48178521
That explains it. I don't have that pdf. Thank you: I'll have to get that

>>48178536
Looks like you cunts are still up and about, aren't you?
>>
>>48178561
>Looks like you cunts are still up and about, aren't you?
What?
>>
>>48178677
These guys >>48177298 >>48177608 >>48177651

Who think it's cool to post unhelpful shit
>>
>>48178722
But that anon was suggesting stuff to help?
>>
>>48168554

He has literally already done that. For the Zenith Caste Exaltations, his message is something like:

> "ONCE I turned my face from Creation, but NO LONGER. Go forth with my blessing."
>>
this guy was bullied in middle school >>48178561
>>
>>48178775
>Page 43 of Old McDonalds
>suggesting stuff to help?
No way there's a book called that.
>>
>>48178808
>no u
>>
File: Codex.jpg (74 KB, 720x471) Image search: [Google]
Codex.jpg
74 KB, 720x471
>>48178862
I know you're trolling, and it upsets me how successful you are.

But still, here's your spoonfeeding
>>
>>48178862
Old McDonald's is fan nickname for Oadenol's Codex.
>>
>>48169195

Not only that, actually. Solars are fundamentally still human. The Exaltation is awesome grafted to them, but it doesn't define their nature the way gods are defined by it.
>>
File: 1332546293982.png (330 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1332546293982.png
330 KB, 500x374
>>48178905
Thank you, I didn't know that.
>>
>>48178902
I'm sorry that you feel that way, I genuinely did not know that it meant Oadenol's codex as I wasn't aware of it's existence.
>>
>>48178992
>I genuinely did not know that it meant Oadenol's codex

lurk moar fagit
>>
>>48179059
Here's your (you)
>>
>>48168639
>as long a you're not a creature of darkness.

Not even that, but a possible interesting subplot of RotSE is a lot of first age Solar ghosts basically coming together in the Underworld, asking forgiveness, and praying for the UCS guidance.

And he comes. In his absolute compassion and on their hour of greatest need, he forgives them and makes them solar powered ghosts to kill all the Deathlords in a ghost uprising.

It's very, very, very awesome. I would play Underworld: Solar Ghost Uprising.
>>
>>48177475

Alchemicals and Raksha

You didn't read very fucking hard did you?
>>
>>48179716
There's nothing on them in the storyteller's companion rulebook.

But still, please refer to >>48177382 in terms of usefulness of your comment/post cockgobbler
>>
File: youfail.jpg (46 KB, 550x414) Image search: [Google]
youfail.jpg
46 KB, 550x414
>>48179846

Because the Storyteller companion only has 5 exalts, missing the Infernal and Alchemical Exalted. It also lacks other (N)PC types such as the Raksha.

My post not only shows you wrong, but also to as what the kids say these days, "git gud"
>>
>>48179092
That is retarded. RotSE is the stupidest shit imaginable
>>
File: 1565498150.jpg (48 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1565498150.jpg
48 KB, 500x427
>>48179922
>My post not only shows you wrong, but also to as what the kids say these days, "git gud"

Sure thing.

You didn't provide a shred of evidence that either have memory altering effects
>>
>>48180018
Yeah, it definitely sounds pretty dumb.
>>
Wow, unhelpful patronising retards and a whiney defensive newfag, great combination guys.
>>
Let's discuss Evocations. I think it's really annoying to homebrew them, especially if you're limited thematically by whatever random crap that your party's Craft junkie had on hand. What do you guys think?
>>
>>48180019

How about this, I'll give you two freebies then tell you what sections in other books contain the needed information. This is to encourage you to read, something you are terrible at.

- Master's of Jade page 58. "If an individual is powerful enough to defeat a factor so paranoid that they had their naïveté forged into a cat (that was then strangled), they must also be truly fanatical and well-connected in their own right..." Unstated, but one of the ways this is done are Raksha in their own charmset.

- Forge-Hand of the Green Sun is capable of plot fiat levels of memory manipulation, and if one wanted to trade in a horrible and/or damning secret Ligier can rip it out for you.

- Manuel of Exalted Power: Alchemicals. Social section.

- Ink Monkey's Ultimate Collection, Infernals, Ebon Dragon section.
>>
>>48180238
The magical materials have pretty broad themes. Like Orichalcum basically lets you do anything and Red Jade doesn't even have to be fire related at all.
>>
>>48180238
I'm not all that keen on homebrewing them either, but I don't see that as a huge problem. If you don't feel like coming up with Evocations, you can just stick to the ones in the book, maybe modify them a little, or alternatively just ignore Evocations altogether. It's not like you're punished for not homebrewing Evocations.
>>
File: asukaswrath.jpg (13 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
asukaswrath.jpg
13 KB, 260x194
>>48180238
I agree.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>48180238

As a GM if a player really wants an artifact, I introduce an enemy NPC who has it. They then earn it.
>>
File: 126546308.gif (199 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
126546308.gif
199 KB, 200x200
>>48180358
There we go. That wasn't so difficult now was it?
>>
>>48178992
If you lurked or even just fucking googled, lifted a single finger on your own behalf, you'd figure this stuff out fast.
>>
>spoonfeeding a faggot
what has happened to you, /exg/
>>
File: I do this of my own free will.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I do this of my own free will.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>48180568
>>
>>48180568
>shitposting on 4chan

where do you think you are?
>>
>>48180443
Well if you knew there were other types of exalt than the ones in the companion and if this is so important to you, your lack of research makes you look a bit lazy.
>>
How often do you guys play low-powered characters, heroic mortals and Dragonblooded and such?
>>
>>48180568
We're not /a/. That said, the anon in question did come off as quite the cunt, getting butthurt over the first, honestly perfectly understandable "Read the book"-comment.
>>
>>48180712
Once the 3E DB book comes out, as often as I can. Well, realistically I'll be running a game rather than playing, but Dragon-Blooded are the most appealing splat for me.
>>
>>48180712
I prefer DBs to Celestial exalted for the most part, since a well-run Abyssal game is impossible to come by. I love the realm politics and aesthetic.
>>
Me and some buddies have been running a low-power 2E campaign for a couple weeks now, and just so happens to be the first time I've actually played the game and not just read about it. The other two in the group both play realm commander-type characters with troops and careful reading of The Thousand Correct Actions, but I decided to say fuck that and made a monk.

And he turned out to be a freakishly dangerous person, like beyond what I had even imagined he'd be. Is that... normal?
>>
File: 1466724568404.jpg (43 KB, 645x407) Image search: [Google]
1466724568404.jpg
43 KB, 645x407
>>48171097
Alright, senpai, lemme teach you how to make baby's first Exalted character, assuming you're going full rules as written (although you should ask your GM not to do this, for reasons we'll get into in a minute.)

In RAW, because character creation BP scales different from XP, it is best to go 5/5/1 in your primary attributes, 5/3/1 in your secondary, and 5/1/1 in your tertiary. Say one Dawn goes 5 Strength, 5 Dexterity, and 1 Stamina while another goes 4 Strength, 4 Dexterity, 3 Stamina. The second guy will pay more XP to get 5/5/5 than the first guy. This is why you should probably ask the GM to just give 2-3 bonus points per session rather than XP and use that table rather than the XP table.

Anyways, find a good Supernal. The best are Melee, Brawl, Archery, Lore, Presence, Stealth, Craft, and Athletics, IMO, as these will usually get the most use in a typical game. Most other abilities are fine to supernal, save for really small trees like War, Survival, Ride, Sail, Awareness, and so on that only go to Essence 3 and have the really good charms front-loaded at Essence 1-2.

Once you've selected your Supernal, get it to 3 dots with your starting ability dots and then spend 2 bonus points to get it to 5, so you can get more and better charms for it. I usually get 6-7 charms in my supernal to start with, so that I have a good start. After that, get a combat ability or two (if you don't already have a combat supernal) and get 3 charms or so that will help you stay alive in a fight and contribute somewhat. After that, get whatever abilities and charms you like that you feel fit the campaign; for example, if you're going to be in the deep South, you're probably not gonna be using Sail. None of the abilities are really bad, save for Craft which is bad until you hit Essence 2-3 or Supernal it because it takes forever to make something without those good charms.

Finally, don't be lame and get boring merits like Fast Reflexes. Get more Story merits to start.
>>
>>48181032
This anon has some pretty good optimization advice except for

>if you're going to be in the deep South, you're probably not gonna be using Sail.

If you listen to that part, you will never be the terror of the wastes sailing your fleet of sandships and taking whatever you please.
>>
>>48180967
Immaculate Monks are kind of badass. In direct, personal combat, they're about as dangerous as Dragon-Blooded get.
>>
On page 244 of the book upper left hand corner it talks about what needs to go into first age artifacts and that first age artifacts are a different class requiring sorcery. Do they ever give an example of this kind of thing in the book? Are any of the artifacts given in the book artifacts that require craft first age artifice to build?
>>
>>48181032
The advice is good, but I'd say that the most important thing is to make sure the whole group is more or less on the same page when it comes to character creation. Like, if everyone else just ignores optimization and takes plenty of 2s, 3s and 4s because it makes sense for their characters, one guy min-maxing can really ruin everyone's fun. Part of being a well-made character is fitting into the specific group and campaign in question.
>>
>>48181344
Nah, there are no examples of irst Age artifice on the core. There probably will be some in Arms of the Chosen, whenever that comes out.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 1280x720
/tg/ would I be THAT GUY if I knowingly lead, poke, and bait our Circle's Eclipse, who's played by a (relatively chill) gun-loving, muh second amendment, alt-right conservative, into going all out into Craft and producing tons of artifact weapons and alcohol until the Celesitial Beaurocracy's equivalent of the ATF is knocking on his workshop door?

Or is this a recipe for a really great side quest?
>>
>>48181032
> really small trees like War, Survival, Ride, Sail, Awareness
Uhm... Survival, Ride and Sail aren't small. And they do have Charms you might want to grab quickly so Supernaling them isn't bad.
>>
>>48181423
I feel there is a fascinating story to be had here, but attempting to draw it out would also draw out /pol/.

That said, Solar excess to the point where it gets the attention of Heaven is awesome and you should do it. Just make sure it's actually EXCESSIVE; Heaven is corrupt and lazy. Before the Celestial ATF shows up you should probably drop a hint or two, like some bigshot Terrestrial God trying to ask for hush money or else he'll tell the CATF.
>>
>>48181423
The closest equivalent you're looking for is probably the Division of Battles, headed by Mars, Maiden of Battles, from the Crimson Panoply of Victory. There are a bunch more details about it in 2e books but their canonicity should probably be taken very very lightly.

So here's another proposal: intra-Division strife! For example:
1) The Department of Ordained Victories would like to be able to tell the Solar whom to ship weapons to when, so they can plan the future properly. Realizing that this is unlikely, they'll try to settle for pressuring the Solar to notify them in advance whom he's selling weapons to.
2) The Office of Armaments wants to hire the Solar, or failing that, make sure nobody *else* can hire him, and are not above smear campaigns or hinting to the Realm to accomplish this.
3) The Bureau of Battles has an official mission statement saying that they should kinda be supporting this, but their corrupt bureau head is on the payroll/blackmail/etc of the Bronze Faction and is therefore trying to crack down on the Solar.
And more. So once Heaven hears about this guy, cue several divine emissaries showing up in the course of the same day and giving the Eclipse contradictory missives.
>>
>>48181653
Tobacco is totally under Serenity though. (Alcohol probably starts enough wars and encourages enough warriors that I can see Battles claiming it.)
>>
>>48181423
>alt-right
So you're playing with a neo-Nazi. That's interesting. Usually I introduce Nazis to my boot rather than my gaming table, but whatever floats your boat, senpai.
>>
File: 462359415096.jpg (44 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
462359415096.jpg
44 KB, 368x475
>>48181729
here's your (you), niggerfaggot
>>
>>48181768
Say, how'd you become a Nazi anyway? Shit, every history book I had called Hitler a big faggot loser who got owned by everyone, but you seem to like him in spite of all the overwhelming evidence that he was a piece of worthless shit.
>>
>>48181281
That's a bit of an understatement. He's an air-aspect monk so he's quicker than greased lightning (14 DV with anima banner and Air Dragon Form active) and then on top of that he managed to get hold of an artifact Articulated Plate made out of moonsilver. So he's near-impossible to land a hit on, and even if you do chances are it'll do jack shit before he kicks you in the face so hard your grandchildren get skull fractures.
>>
>>48181860
Protip: mocking "everyone i dont like is hitler" macros generally imply that the speaker is not, in fact, a hitlerite, and would like you to stop flinging accusations of hitlerism willy-nilly.
You Nazi.
>>
>>48181729
>>48181768
>>48181860
>>48182000
Ok Holden.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 193x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 193x195
A Raksha that's an expy of The Bard and his biggest goal is to have the Circle of Solars play out the greatest Comedy in the history of Creation.
Wonderfully terrible or absolutely terrible idea, /tg/?
>>
>>48182536
Why not try to be original instead of making an expy of anything? Ironic that you'd post a Fate picture, too, since that series is notorious for people going "How do I make [fate character] in [insert anything here]?"
>>
>>48182798
>meanwhile, Shakespeare, Caster of Red
>>
File: image.png (7 MB, 2200x3150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 MB, 2200x3150
>>48182898
This guy forgot image.
>>
>>48178412
>>48178512
They are actually in the Books of Sorcery vol 5. - Roll of Glorious Divinity II on page 84. Actual name is noresore and their powers aren't all about sex, either. They eat passionate memories and can be made to puke them up by use of sorcerous bindings so that you can go through the memories they have eaten. But yes, its a peculiarity of their power that if they eat all the memories of sexual encounters then the person becomes a virgin, both physically and spiritually. Good stuff for interrogations and virginal sacrifices, both!
>>
>>48182536
Raksha are pretty weird. One of the things that's crucial to understanding them but hard to notice is that the person that they act like isn't the person they are; if you wander through a forest of crystal trees and meet what looks like a magical elf warrior, it's actually a shapeless consciousness telling a story about a magical elf warrior in a forest of crystal trees. It's hard to wrap one's head around, but it's pretty important and interesting.
>>
File: AWAY AWAY.jpg (421 KB, 2715x2385) Image search: [Google]
AWAY AWAY.jpg
421 KB, 2715x2385
So, what kind of tactics would a Raksha army use? Standard hammer and anvil (skirmishers shoot at enemy ranks, then go behind infantry when enemy arrives at them, then cavalry charges the sides of enemy infantry) with occasional bouts of "I CHALLENGE THEE TO SINGLE COMBAT FOR THE HONOR OF THE SUMMER COURT" from Nobles?
>>
Hey, I just wanted to ask. Are people really enjoying Exalted's 3e combat? Because so far my experience with it has been kind of lack luster. I thought they fixed the lethality in combat, but for some reason it feels like people die within 3 rounds. I feel like i've had more drama in a session of DnD combat then I do in Exalted combat.
>>
>>48184665
I'm enjoying it. Sounds like it's either a difference in opinion or a shitty GM.
>>
>>48184665
Didn't someone already ask this in the thread????
>>
So, was there any real explanation given for why artifacts and their evocations went from 'large, interesting and almost a combat suite onto themselves' to '4 or 5 average charms that are just supplemental at best'?

Seems to me like a lot of lustre was and intrigue was lost with that switch in design
>>
>>48185248
Even a small suite of 4-5 Evocations can completely change your combat style.
>>
Hey there guys, i'm interested in trying exalted out and i'm wondering if there is an easily accessible prebuilt scenario i can use to get a feel for the game. thanks in advance.
>>
>>48185248

1) Because Artifacts just aren't that broad. Volcano Cutter had a bunch of bullshit that was tangential to being a volcano-summoning sword, and was actually making writing other fire swords difficult because it was gobbling up all the design space.

2) Because the 4-5 Evocations you do have are the equivalent of Heaven Thunder Hammer and such. Charms that on their own completely change how you're going to fight. They achieve the same effect, but with much lower XP investment, and with less of a risk that someone's going to dump all their Charms into Evocations, thinking "just Volcano Cutter Charms, period" is a valid fighting style, when it isn't and never was.
>>
>>48184665

I find a lot of people often lack resistance charms myself.
>>
>>48185106
>>48185126

Sounds like they were complaining about it without seeing it in action. I dunno, just found it kinda weird how easy it is to build up initiative and the one decisive strike later the fight over.

I can't tell if that is the intention or is seeing people making decisive strikes in a few rounds with 20+ dice is the norm.
>>
File: 1445201345067.png (599 KB, 985x866) Image search: [Google]
1445201345067.png
599 KB, 985x866
>>48185274
I suppose.

>>48185371
Fair points both. I'll keep those in mind when I'm whipping up a few artifacts for my players to encounter in the next while.
>>
>>48185371

I'd say just YOLO the evocation count myself. If a dumb bastard wants to make a ton of his charms dependent on his weapon then let him.

Besides, charmsets like Dawn Fangs, Shining Ice Mirror, Heartflame, and Spring Razor were amazing. Before they were basically largely entire combat styles in and of themselves and opened a completely new way of combat.

Could you use them and only them as your charms? Fuck no, that's stupid. You'd still need skeleton/bread and butter charms from your native set, but it could easily be a late game option for you if you desired.
>>
>>48185514

I used to really like Heartflame, but I started to see where people said that it really lacked a cohesive theme of its own, and my interest in it has waned a lot.

I agree that the Shining Ice Mirror and Spring Razor writeups were amazing, though.
>>
>>48185514
The other thing is that if a typical Artifact has 3-5 Evocations, then it's a lot easier to homebrew something new that's cohesive and interesting, versus if there's twenty of them.
>>
>>48185602

That's one ruling for it, but I don't feel you should be forced into making a minimum amount. Just go with what seems logical for a weapon. Hell the original evocation count for Artifact 3 was 9-12. Shit 12 evocations should be the upper limit of even artifact 5's in my opinion unless you have some crazy design space.

>>48185550

I'd probably say the theme of "Holy power which is purified by your own soul" is a good theme from it (At least that's what I read it like from it). While I question why GET is there (It doesn't even chain off any other charms FFS) I do like the rest of the set and feel its and incredibly solid charmset and an excellent example of what a fighting style into itself can be. Heartflame is a sword I want.

There are some things I agree with. I like how Volcano Cutter has less filler charms and the volcano points offer great area denial, however I feel like there could be other evocations tied into it as well (Making people explode into bonfires is a good example)
>>
>>48185442
If you want some honest advice, that sounds like your players (or the opponents...) are too much stronger than the things they're fighting. I recently, as a pretty damn well-equipped Eclipse, tried to fight an Ess 3 DB in single combat, and after spending 40-something motes I did a grand total of 5 damage. He had more than twice that in health levels left. He consistently had a 7+ parry, as did I, so it was a pretty fuckin' epic fight. I only have 7 health levels myself, so it was tense the whole time.
>>
>>48184660
Depends on the army.
>>
>>48185841

Potentially, that seems like that shouldn't have been that hard. Either his charms were good or he had some high dice rolls entering the fight. Were you a competent combatant out of curiosity?
>>
When a Sidereal takes on a Resplandent Destiny, does his appearance change as well?
>>
>>48186970
Yep
>>
>>48186749
I'd call myself a competent combatant, yeah. I'm no supernal, but I've got a decent suite of melee charms, an artifact weapon, and a couple of combat-oriented evocations. Mind you, I'm still Ess 1, and my supernal is Sail, but still. The problem was that I had to burn a pretty significant amount of motes to reliably hit him -- and I actually had incredible dice luck that night, whereas he had average to middling. Between his anima flux and the fact that I was burning motes both to hit and to defend against him, by the time I felt comfortable using a decisive, I was nearly out of motes. If I'd relied on the five-per-round I'd have slowly been overwhelmed.
>>
>>48186970
no
>>
>>48186970
Sadly, both >>48186988 and >>48188621 are correct.

When you take on a resplendent destiny, you don't look different per se but people don't remember you clearly. They'll remember major details (like general height, gender, build, etc) but specifics are kinda... vague. Like if you have a beard. Some people remember it as a mustache, some remember it as more of a goatee. Your hair is blond-ish/brown-ish/red-ish. If two people swap notes, they don't think of this as being a discrepancy (just bad memory).
>>
>>48186749
Eh, in my opinion and experience, an experienced Dragon-Blooded warrior absolutely should be a proper challenge for a young Solar whose primary area of expertise isn't combat.

>>48188654
Don't Sidereals get some bonus dice when disguising themselves in a manner appropriate fot their current Resplendent Destiny, though?
>>
>>48180018
t. circlejerk :)

Solar Powered Ghost has definitely a feeling of the best timeperiod of Exalted, when the UCS was actually doing something, when the world was full of wonders, when you could pray to an Incarnae and get an answer, when the setting wasn't deadlocked in a stupid way. The kind of wonder 3e tries to emulate (and fail partly).

If Holdenmorke tried the exact same subplot nowadays, it would be hailed as an incredible step forward into a complex and interesting world. But the circlejerk has decided that RotSE was shit, so it can only be shit.

Try to think by yourself one day.
>>
>>48189726
Absolute compassionate UCS is as stupid, flat, and lame as contrarian troll TED.
>>
>>48189747
Especially when people forget that he's *also* about absolute Conviction, Temperance and Valor. That combination should look rather different from just being supremely compassionate and forgiving. I don't really like the absolute Virtue UCS in general, but if he is depicted like that, he shouldn't just be not!Jesus. UCS as something of a Zeus-Prometheus-Lucifer mashup is my own preference, though.
>>
>>48189726
You're a fucking idiot. Its stupid on multiple levels:

1) Its a Deus ex Machina in a game where the players - the titular Exalted - should be driving the action and solving (or choosing not to solve) the problems. But hey, thats a-okay in RotSE because the players are unable to change the railroad - wouldn't want them getting in the way of the epic story.

2) There is nothing wonderful about the UCS giving a whole bunch of ghosts super solar power. It diminishes the exaltation if he can just casually empower ghosts to go destroy the deathlords - why does he need Solars again? It diminishes the importance of death if ghosts have the same agency as the living and can become Solars but Better.

3) The UCS suffered from being overdefined in 2e. He worked much better as an inscrutable, virtuous, asshole god of incredible power in 1e.

>But the circlejerk has decided that RotSE was shit,

Sidereals being hacked like computers via a backdoor in their martial arts, everyone in the Realm eating hell-locust bread and no one notices, UCS dying as part of the script. Page after page of garbage that the players are unable to meaningfully impact, in EXALTED, or the whole thing folds like a pack of cards.

You love it because you're a late 2e fanboy with mush for brains.
>>
>>48189277
>Eh, in my opinion and experience, an experienced Dragon-Blooded warrior absolutely should be a proper challenge for a young Solar whose primary area of expertise isn't combat.

Eh, in my experience, such a Dragon-Blood would mop the floor with a non-Combat low-essence Solar - although a non-Combat Solar might have many tricks to avoid being pinned down into combat in the first place.
>>
>>48185359
no. Don't ever go there. Just put the players somewhere in the hundred kingdoms and play a DnD module. Prebuilt scenarios for Exalted are worthless anyway.
>>
>>48190115
Depends on how you define non-combat, I guess. Like, someone who isn't a Dawn but does have several combat Charms and high rating in some combat Ability definitely can fight an experienced Dragon-Blooded on more or less even footing. Not necessarily someone like Cathak Cainan, but an Essence 3 badass. Someone who dabbles in combat enough to kick mortal ass and not get killed immediately against supernatural opposition would probably get his teeth kicked in.
>>
Martial Arts Charms can't be combined with Charms of any combat Ability, but they *can* be combined with Charms of non-combat Abilities where appropriate, right? Specifically, if I use the Tiger Style Charm Crimson Leaping Cat Technique to enhance a rush action, can I also use Athletics Charms to help with rushing?
>>
>>48192301

Correct. Similarly, Ebon Shadow synergizes well with Stealth.
>>
>>48192430
Alright, good. I though it worked like that, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks.
>>
>>48190359

I pretty much imagine anyone who does not have supernatural combat to be a non-dedicated combatant. Although it's not hard to be competent combative. If you could honestly go toe to toe with a dragonblood in an one versus one you are pretty much combatant. Assuming they didn't have artifacts head to toe.

Because the threats really don't get that much higher than dragonbloods in standard Exalted games. If you're fighting solars, abyssals, infernals, or heavens forbid 3rd circle demons somewhere along your path to power you fucked up.
>>
How big is the 3e core book compared to 2e?
>>
>>48193899
Around 650 pages versus around 400 pages.
>>
>>48193954
Holy fuck that is thicc.
>>
>>48190081

>Sidereals being hacked like computers via a backdoor in their martial arts

To be fair everyone who had Infernal Monster would have the same fate, not just the Sidereals.
>>
File: buff blond guy.png (677 KB, 878x910) Image search: [Google]
buff blond guy.png
677 KB, 878x910
Hey guys I'm totally new to this and I've never read exalted but how do I make a character that can stop time? Asking for a friend lol XD Pic totally unrelated!
>>
>>48195218
You can't
>>
>>48195218
>>48195228

I find that kind of amusing to be honest. "Exalted is a great game where you can challenge anything and do the impossible"

Anon "Expect freeze time. We can't do that. It's been copy-write by some asshole god of time who got killed in the primordial war."
>>
>>48195992

Timestop is as possible in the setting as anything else that doesn't violate a genre conceit, actually.

It's just that the ability would, you know, be incredibly powerful and thus costly.

Anon's telling him to fuck off because he's obnoxious, not because his request his actually impossible.
>>
>>48195992
Time manipulation and resurrection of the dead are two things explicitly stated to be impossible unless the PCs deliberately go out of their way to defy it, in order to emphasize that actions have consequences.
>>
>>48196143
Time manipulation isn't impossible, going back in time is. Presumably its possible for a spell/working or charm to distort time to a degree, as long as the flow is never reversed
>>
>>48195218
>>48195228
>>48195992
>>48196122
>>48196143
Well, it doesn't have to be "true" time stop, but why not fluff out an Athletics charm that lets you move so fast that it's as if time is frozen for you?

Method of Creation: 「The World」
Cost: 4m, 1wp
Mins: Athletics 5, Essence 3
Type: Reflexive
Duration: Instant
Keywords: Perilous

The Solar's speed is so great that from her perspective, the world around her slows to a complete standstill as she races through the battlefield.
Once per scene, the Solar may use this charm end the round.
Her turn ends, and any other combatants, ally or foe, skip their turn for the round.
Then, for the next round, the Solar may immediately move to the front initiative order for her turn. After her turn, combat resumes to flow as normal.
This charm maybe reset by the Solar raising her anima to Iconic.
>>
>>48195992
Exalted doesn't necessarily say "EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING"

It's the general any end goal can be achieved barring two exceptions, time travel backwards and resurrection. That said, stopping time as a complete end goal could be possible with high level Sorcery and some of the higher power tier Exalts. Destroying the concept of time to end all existence seems a pretty Infernal/Abyssal thing to do.
>>
>>48196368
>>48196426
Yeah, you can fuck with time dilation, time stop, freezing or tossing people into the future. It's going back in time and fucking with causality that's the major deal. Could still happen as the focal point of a long campaign, same for resurrection.
>>
File: timeinabottle.png (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
timeinabottle.png
78 KB, 500x500
>>48195218
>>48196494
>time magic
I think the Lunars have a canonical Charm somewhere that lets them manipulate time, but only in the Wyld.
>>
>>48196380
That sounds more fit for a different kind of Exalt, not a Solar, desu
>>
>>48196547
They can slow it down and speed it up but they still can't go back.
>>
>>48196380
Method of IT JUST WORKS:「King Crimson」
Cost: – (1 wp)
Mins: Dodge 5, Essence 4
Type: Reflexive
Duration: Instant
Keywords: Perilous
Prerequisite: Seven Shadows Evasion

This charm permanently upgrades it's prerequisite. The Solar dodges time itself, removing herself from causality for the briefest moment.
Until the end of the round, the Solar may retroactively pay 1wp to negate the "cause" of anything that who's "effect" would affect her, dodging attacks or environmental hazards as they seem to pass by her without doing any harm.
All other characters are unable to recall the "erased time" in which the Solar moves out of harms way.
>>
I've been working on a homebrew system recently, and it's gotten to the point that I can call it ready for open beta, you know, if anyone's interested. Tomorrow I'm going to start work on the Solar charms if anyone wants to help out.

(Note that I'm in the process of changing it from d100 to d20, so some of the later stuff will be wrong)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K9vZUwvE6sWyxTivwXN7VEs4WMnyG5ZjMv5Gbj7U34/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48196668
>「King Crimson」
I still don't understand how it works
>>
>>48196668
Feels more like a Sidereal or Getimian Charm instead of a Solar one.
>>
>>48196547
What is Jukashi currently working on anyway?
Last I remember it was rolokoa quest

Anyone done Charm Trees for the backer pdf?
>>
>>48196426
Yeah, but isn't doing the impossible for Exalted is tuesday for them?
>>
>>48196695
Too busy, but good luch NotAnAutomaton!
>>
File: Sundial.jpg (41 KB, 620x404) Image search: [Google]
Sundial.jpg
41 KB, 620x404
>>48196564
Personally, I think that "End the turn, then immediately act first the next turn" makes for a charm with more "depth" than something mechanically more simple like "The Solar takes another round after this". There's more room for clever uses of the "End the turn" ability.
I shameless took the idea from MtG. Sundial of the Infinite allows for some really janky combos and interactions with it's ability to "End the turn". Like, it can turn the various Red "You take another turn. You lose the game after that turn" kinda cards into actual upsides by exiling the "You lose the game" trigger as it's on the stack, which is way cooler than just casting Time Walk to take another turn.
That kind of creative use of charms or abilities is absolutely fascinating to me.

>>48196695
SV get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>48196793
>SV get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The only way you'd know I was on SV was if you were on SV. Checkmate sirrah.
>>
>>48196759

The no time travel thing in Exalted was there mainly to enforce the tension that all major choices are final.

Also once a game has time travel it immediately becomes about Time Travel.
>>
>>48196964
>sirrah
>>
>>48196973
I wonder what would happen if the PCs tried to clone every dead person and/or create an entirely new creation while mind wiping everyone includeing themselves of the fact that the person is a clone.

Sounds like a good solar FA legend or exigent / liminal backstory
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.