[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there ever any update on TB the House Elf's 'H
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Was there ever any update on TB the House Elf's 'Harry Potter and The tabletop RPG'? The PDF is pretty much finished, except for some spelling mistakes. He did a quest thread here on /tg/ a while back, and had a twitter page for it.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Tabletop_RPG
Barring that, general Harry Potter thread. Bad writing in a shoddy setting, but the themes are decent and it's a lot of fun if you can appreciate it for what it is.
>>
>>48166210
Daily reminder that Cursed Child is a terrible terrible thing.

Yes, I'm salty.
>>
File: 1465896998508.jpg (33 KB, 296x418) Image search: [Google]
1465896998508.jpg
33 KB, 296x418
>>48166681
I didn't even know that that thing was a thing. What's so terrible about it?
Aside from being a part of Harry Potter lore, that is.
>>
>>48166767
Assuming the spoilers are legitimate, it's basically every fanfiction cliche short of mpreg and sudden onset gayness all mashed together into a perfect storm of terrible.

Two words: Voldemort Day
>>
File: 1467042336645.png (411 KB, 382x600) Image search: [Google]
1467042336645.png
411 KB, 382x600
>>48166794
Oh god I don't want to believe that even Rowling is that bad.
Why can't we just have fun Hogwarts adventures where Mcgonnagal sees the name 'James Sirius Potter' on the sorting list and loses her shit or something? Why does everything good have to be ruined?
On a side note, though, if this thread isn't just two neckbeards being salty about a fanfic, does anyone have any neat ideas for enchanting or custom spells in this system?
I realized earlier that you can effectively 'block' the Killing curse by combining a shield charm with stoneshaping, since projectile curses like Avada Kedavra don't pass through solid objects past a certain thickness. Just make your shield charm out of rock instead of force. Then attach that new spell to a hat or a biker jacket or something and you're immune to the 'unblockable' killing curse in combat.
>>
>>48166681
What about Fantastic Beasts? I mean, Rowling herself is writing it. She can't fuck up Roaring Twenties Wizards and Monster Shenanigans (tm). R-right?
>>
File: 1467065411632.jpg (2 MB, 2234x1498) Image search: [Google]
1467065411632.jpg
2 MB, 2234x1498
>>48167031
Amazing Beasts also includes big brother american wizarding government where everyone has to carry a 'wand license' so Rowling can shoehorn in political commentary about gun control and police brutality.
>>
>>48167031
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Though given some of the lore for the Americas she's released recently, I don't know how long that optimism will last.
>>
>>48167082
*Fantastic beasts. Fuck me.
Oh, and American wizard government takes secrecy super seriously and punishes whistleblowers. Ever since the Salem Witch Trials.
>>
>>48167113
>the Salem Witch Trials
When will authors of modern day fantasy stop trying to make those a real thing instead of a way for people to get some of the townsfolk they didn't like offed?
>>
>>48167113
Nono, it's worse than punishing whistleblowers.

It's illegal for a clap wizard to be friends with a NoMaj, or even be in contact with one outside day to day stuff.
Also, there's a muggle KKK.
>>
>>48167130
I think that's literally what she did actually.
>>
>>48167130
Literally never. It's the only event in American History that explicitly concerns magic that is both well-known and poorly understood.
The only other trope they can replace with is making some mysterious event actually the product of magic, like making Magneto responsible for the 'magic bullet' that killed JFK in the new X-men.
>>
>>48167156
Aww Christ it's about class warfare in the states isn't it?
I'll bet a galleon that the quirky protagonist becomes friends with a no-maj.
All of this just makes me more determined to run a game with the system in the OP, though. Fuck new canon.
>>
>>48167217
>I'll bet a galleon that the quirky protagonist becomes friends with a no-maj.
Bingo. The comic relief character is a No-Maj. Strangely enough this is the first time a muggle will be a main character in something Potter related.
>>
>>48167249
Huh, you're right. I can't think of a counterexample that isn't really minor, like Dudley. Even Filch, and he was technically not a muggle.
Also, has anybody run this system before? I'm looking for adventure hooks. TB had some good ones in his quest thread. The Defense teacher was a vampire, iirc.
I think I'm going to ask a friend of mine to play a solo campaign before I debut it to a group, so we can figure out what really breaks the game.
If you really want to, I've discovered that you can make a character next to impossible to hit by maxing spirit and taking the ' You Wouldn't Hit a Face Like Mine' perk over and over again for +2 dodge, and taking Pureblood for +2 DADA right off the bat.
>>
>>48167380
This also makes you the ultimate persuasive speaker, more or less. Diplomancers can be untouchable in this setting.
Actually, it's possible to max dodge so hard that a character of average stats has zero chance to hit you. It's kinda tricky, but doable if you take 5 on every dodge roll.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.