[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://twitter.com/MartinShkreli/s tatus/750872008460738560
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 13
File: gettyimages-508360902.jpg (80 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-508360902.jpg
80 KB, 1024x681
https://twitter.com/MartinShkreli/status/750872008460738560

Does this spell the end of the reserved list?

He can buy up every reserved card and cause mass spikes everywhere. Player outcry will pressure wotc.

Also he's replacing Jon Jones at ufc 200.

Why is he so based?
>>
>>48159840
Would they reverse their policy just because one guy buys all the cards that are for sale? What about owners who are not selling their collections? I don't think so Tim
>>
>>48160125
>What about owners who are not selling their collections?
WotC employees who use RL for savings acounts would sell them all if Shkreli offers a higher price. Also if he just starts the buyout the prices will rise a fuckton already, no need to buy absolutely ALL cards.
>>
If he buys the RL, he can sue them if they break it (and you know he fucking will).
>>
>>48160268
He'd loose.
>>
>>48159840
>Why is he so based?

I mean, he isn't.
No part of him is based.
He's like.. the devil.
>>
>>48160268
He'd have no legal basis.
The RL is not a legally binding contract, just a gentleman's agreement not to do something. If they wanted to 'break it', all they would have to do is take all the cards off the RL first.
>>
He should buy all the modern staples and destroy the format. Then - all the stardard rares and mythics. Troll the hell out of Magic. Make competitive scene into pauper
>>
>>48159840
>>48160322

He's an entrepreneur, why would he do anything to risk devaluing the cards he's buying?
>>
This probably won't have any influence at all over if power 9 ever gets reprinted. Vintage is already dead and all of WotCs money from vintage is in Magic online.

He's still fucking based. Players everywhere are going to panic or come up with optimistic fantasies of WotC reacting to this. Just grab some popcorn and enjoy. Successful troll is successful.
>>
If he ends up spiking all the reserved list prices by %200 then maybe. Or you could just play a non-shitty format that costs a mortgage to play.
>>
>>48159840
A turbotroll with the morals of a twelve-year-old and infinite moneys.

This guy is such an obvious BBEG, I have to wonder which *actual* BBEG he's bearding for.
>>
>>48160356
Because he's a petulant child focused on short-term profits at the expense of long term viability. His business plans amount to making a quick buck, then hopping on something new.
>>
>>48160286
>>48160321
>A promissory estoppel is the legal principle that a promise is enforceable by law when the promisor (person making the promise) makes a promise to the promisee (person being promised) who relies on it to his or her detriment.

There is a legal case for it, whether you like it or not, and this shitbag can hire an army of lawyers to make that case. No amount of pleading from the players is going to make WotC go to bat legally when they'll have to pay for just as many lawyers to fight back.
>>
>>48160431
How the fuck did he even get started?

Who gave this retard money?
>>
Buying up Black Lotuses makes no sense from and investment standpoint. He needs to invest in liquid assets. The people who want black Lotuses already have them. People entering that market are scarce. But if you buy up as many dual lands as you can...
>>
>>48160431
>Because he's a petulant child focused on short-term profits at the expense of long term viability.
You forgot "And regularly drops millions just to say 'I am rich enough to afford that'. I hope he dies in the poorhouse having spent all his fortunes and goodwill.
>>
>>48160451
>Buying up Black Lotuses makes no sense from and investment standpoint.
He's not investing, he's showing off his wealth.
>>
>>48160436
The issue there is that they have gotten rid of cards from the RL before with no backlash, so while there could be a legal case for it, it would be a weak one.
>>
File: Myfors.jpg (79 KB, 795x510) Image search: [Google]
Myfors.jpg
79 KB, 795x510
Jesper Myfors bringing the heat!
>>
>>48160436
>just as many lawyers

More lawyers, actually, since Shkreli wouldn't be the only one to take legal action. It would be a massive potential class action lawsuit. Anyone with a Dual, a Mox, a Workshop or any other significantly valuable card on the Reserved List could throw their hat into the ring.

Unless WotC is willing to shell out the money it would cost to reimburse the losses those collectors face, they can't get rid of it.
>>
>>48160627
That is technically incorrect, because of... well, Extort.
>>
File: 6[1].jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
6[1].jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>48160627
You absolutely can extort dying people though.
>>
>>48160627
>I'm mad that people I don't like play the game I put on the market for people to buy and play

As much as you could hate Martin you have to admit that's a pretty dense statement
>>
>>48160665
When someone tells you that your mother is a whore who sucks a thousand dicks a day, do you correct them that a thousand dicks a day is probably not actually possible?
>>
>>48160703
Yes. That just doesn't seem realistic.
>>
The newly rich are all so fucking sad with their lack of culture surrounding the use of money.
>>
>>48160696
It's a slippery slope argument waiting to happen, yes, but Shrekli is the most hated human on the planet short of Adolf fucking Hitler, so I'm inclined to cut just a bit of slack to someone telling him to fuck right off in no uncertain terms. We need to bring back public shunning as a formalized thing.
>>
>>48160664
Again, all they need to do is remove the card from the reserve list before they make the reprint. They have done it before and there is no reason they wouldn't do it again.
>>
>Martin Shekels buys up all the available dual lands and fetches.
>Wotc takes all duals off the reserved list and prints a half set at rare and the other half at uncommon.
>>
>>48160767
That's not a guaranteed strategy. It would probably be fine for cards that would not actually experience a significant loss of value from being removed, but the legal system isn't so stupid that they can't catch the obvious implications of removing a high dollar card from the list.

It doesn't matter if they alter the list, the existence of it can't be erased. It's been well documented and upheld this long. The longer you abide by a promise, the more legally binding it becomes.

Even if they do have a chance at winning the lawsuits, there will still be lawsuits and that will still cost them a significant amount of money. They don't gain enough out of breaking it to want to spend that money. They don't care about the health of Legacy or Vintage tournaments, and being able to print a paper Vintage Masters isn't going to be a profitable enough endeavor to reimburse them.
>>
>>48160879
you do know how lawsuits work right? The loser usually ends up paying the legal costs of the winners. There's no way he has more money than Hasbro
>>
>>48160441
The scary thing is the guy wasn't even born a rich idiot with a silver spoon up his ass; his parents were poor immigrants.

He's like someone tried to make a cautionary tale about rags-to-riches except he's real.
>>
>>48160889
Not everywhere.
>>
>>48160879
Wotc doesn't even support vintage or legacy anymore. Just issue a statement along the lines of "Wizard of the coast would like to announce that with the final disconnect from vintage and legacy they would take all the vintage and legacy staples off of the reserved list to allow a new generation of players to enjoy them.
>>
>>48160917
>>Wotc doesn't even support vintage or legacy anymore.
>We literally just had Eternal Masters
WEW
>>
>>48160947
Yeah. Which gave everyone the grand opportunity of playing one deck type, death and taxes. Not like the reserve list is killing any opportunity to play literally anything else.
>>
>>48160889
>There's no way he has more money than Hasbro

The thing is that it's not just him that will be suing.
>>
>>48160898
So he's Lex Luthor from Batman v Superman?
>>
>>48160995
So one rich guy and like three angry grognards suing someone for a flimsy excuse that can be rebutted by one lawyer pointing to three laws and saying no legally binding contract was ever made and any inquiry otherwise is based on false evidence.
>>
>>48161031
Try also StarCityGames and dozens of other MtG traders.
>>
>>48160898
>his parents were poor immigrants
Excuse me? They were Jews and apparently he got into college and his first pharma firm because of connections.
>>
>>48161089
Starcity wouldn't mind the reserved list being gone, because reserved cards are so uber expensive and stable in price that there's not really much profit in them
>>
>>48161126
What does that have to do with how much money his parents have or where they came from? Connections are about human relations, not cash money.
>>
>>48161182
They'd mind because it would devalue their stock of them.
>>
I want this to happen
>>
>>48161190
Connections give you opportunities to make money which regular poorfag would never have. Should I lecture you on elementary basics of human society?
>>
>>48161203
Yes, and?

They could sue, and then it would be dropped or they would certainly lose.

Multinational corp vs. a few mid level distributors, who do you think wins?
>>
i really want him to buy out scalding tarns and fetches so wizards does a reprint
>>
>>48159840
Finally he's picking on people who deserve it.
>>
>>48160889
Not in many states.
>>
File: 1436594345035.jpg (73 KB, 358x392) Image search: [Google]
1436594345035.jpg
73 KB, 358x392
>>48161264
rich ass vintage players?
>>
>>48161239
The distributors.
Because there are precedents for informal promises being legally enforced, much less highly publicized formal promises.
>>
>>48161313
And there is precedence in this case of things being taken off of the RL and no one gets sued, so the distributors have even less of a leg to stand on.
>>
Let's try to guess what Martin's business model is. I'll go first:
>man, I'm so fucking smart
>everyone around me is so fucking STUPID
>it'll be a piece of cake to make investments and make tons of money
>see I'm raking in the dough, unlike the rest of the idiots who struggle with this shit
>oh fuck what the money's disappearing
>what's going on what's happening no I'm so smart I did everything right I can't fail at anything school was so easy
>this isn't even my money holy hell what do I do with all this debt
>I know, I'm so fucking smart that I'll try to troll the internet and make myself an epic troll villain and then the money will fall into my lap
>all publicity is good publicity amirite
>man everyone on the internet is talking about me, fucking easily manipulated idiots
>soon the money'll be coming as soon as I leave this troll investment to grow a little
>...
>why isn't any money coming in
>>
>>48161332
Only commons and uncommons. That's as much of a pattern.
>>
>>48159840

He'd feel right at home playing an Orzhov deck.
>>
>>48161391
>Buy into a monopoly of necessary ressource
>Sell as high as you can
>Those who can't pay can go fuck themselves
>Move to the next thing once the market is destroyed

He consumes everything and then heads for the next world. He's an Eldrazi summoned by the power vacuum created with the death Ulamog and Kozilek.

Ugin has warned us about this.
>>
>>48161313

If someone approached our law firm with this suit, I would absolutely not take it. Yes, you can enforce an "informal promise", no the loser does not universally bear the cost of litigation, no /tg/ does not know how the law works regardless of how furiously it Googles.
>>
>>48161615
Good for you, famous lawyer "Anonymous". Your word alone is all we needed to settle it once and for all.
>>
>>48161089
Star city games have said that they do not like the reserve list
>>
Fingers crossed the reserved list tanks and is eventually abolished. that shit is the cancer that is killing eternal formats.
>>
>>48159840
Imagine his poor parents, having to see the face of their apparently retarded son doing some idiotic grin in every image related to whatever inane PR shit he's up to.
>>
>>48161675
And? If it's broken they aren't going to sue to get it put back up, they'll be suing for compensation for depreciated assets.

Go pick out a random expensive RL card, like say Underground Sea. They have about 45 Revised ones, about $350-400. Say that gets taken off the list and reprinted. If it goes down to even $200, those collective Underground Seas are worth about $7000 less. And that's just one of them.
>>
>>48161765
I doubt they could sue. By that logic they could sue whenever a 2 dollar card drops to 1 dollar die to reprints
>>
>>48161765
We already know that limited print runs do not hurt the price of cards.We have seen this with MM and EM. New art and border only help this
>>
>>48162099
It's not just limited print runs, it's reprints and being taken off the Reserved List.
>>
>>48162172
Even then the value of the cards dips then goes right back up.
>>
>>48162183
You can't really guarantee that with something like the Reserve List. It's different because the price isn't speculative against possible reprints.
>>
>>48162322
Even the stuff that is not on the reserve list is still damn high, the fact that it is the older version will keep the price high, the only thing that will drop is the price being raised from buyouts.
>>
Who the fuck is martin shrek 2: ogres are like onions, and why should i be buttmad at him?
>>
>>48162555
>literally expends more effort making this post than what would be required to just Google the name
>>
As far as I know, this guy is a speculator in the pharma business? Why even care about Magic Cards? The money isn't there by comparison.

In any event, speculator scum.
>>
>>48162650
He got pushed out of the because of unethical practices
>>
>>48162677
Ouch. So he's basically reduced to that neet flipping Moats for a few thousand bucks to get by.
>>
>>48160168
he's already bought 5 black lotuses last night he's going to be buying more today.
>>
>>48160322
standard can't be destroyed since they are still printing those he could absolutely destroy eternal masters though
>>
>>48162704
Honestly, it's not severe enough. He needs to be tied into a burlap sack full of hungry rats, and that sack beaten with a bag of more rats, and then both sacks get tossed right into the fucking river. ...Or something.
>>
>>48160581
there was no backlash because martin shkreli wasn't there to sue them
>>
>>48162704
He over charged people for heart medicine because he knew they would pay anything to get it
>>
>>48160975
And Burn. Don't forget Burn.
>>
>>48162827
Technically he forced insurance companies to pay a fuckton more.
>>
>runs up the price of medication with no generic option to fund research on better meds
>personally pays for medication of anyone who can't pay for theirs
>personally funds research into meds for rare diseases
>Diamond support on LoL
>everyone hates him because of misinformed hype
>absolutely doesn't care
I love this man.
>>
>>48162827
correction he overcharged insurance companies he literally said he would pay out of pocket to people who didn't have insurance.
>>
>>48162827
also the aids medication was outdated they have new and better drugs
>>
>>48159840
>yet another game ruined by Jews being Jews
>>
>>48162848
>everyone hates him because SJW hate is both blind to facts and deaf to logic

This shit is why we don't have space colonies yet. This shit is why good Americans have to live among blacks.
>>
>>48162872
He made some gay people sad, though. You don't just recover from that.
>>
>>48162860
Well now we know why he got caught, fuck over the working class and your fine but never other businesses
>>
>MSIDF appears
Thank you.
>>
>>48162848
Plus when he was told that the programs of companies like his that were supposed to provide free medication almost universally didn't and that people died as a result he basically said "Not on my watch, I've got the time and money to solve this. Dont you worry random citizen, I'm on the case."

And now he wants to collect Magic. Just to have. This ain't no pump and dump. This is the Wu Tang Album buy all over again.
>>
>>48162890
O look a racist cuck
>>
>>48162938
>m-muh racism
>m-muh cuck meme

Here's your (You)
>>
>>48162872
It wasn't an aids medication it was a medication for a parasite that generally struck AIDS patients, pregnant women etc.
>>
>>48162951
I am sick to the back teeth of this shitty cuck meme.
>>
>>48162963
what was the problem then?
>>
>>48162766
You pitchfork mob retards know nothing, it has been explained a million times why the AIDS pill thing was not unethical and in fact only fucked over big pharma/the government. The worse thing he did was troll his fellow scam artists. Feel free to stop virtue signalling any time and actually learn what happened.
>>
>>48162963
Blood poisoning parasite that hits HIV patients because they have no immune defences.
>>
>>48162979
it's really sad how things like that, things that benefit everyone in the end get you branded like you literally took a shit on a baby at a nursery. but I guess that's what liberal media does to a country...
>>
>>48163004
No, the media conglomerate wanted to paint him as the villain because he fucked over the rich and they could spin it easily. Ordinary people just ate it up.

Blame Rupert Murdoch. The thieving shitbag.
>>
>>48163028
>Jews fucking over other Jews because they got out-jewed

OY VEYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>48162979
He also made his fortune shorting stocks, then slandering the companies and filing spurious requests that their drugs be rejected by the FDA.
>>
>>48162979
>>48163028

Gimme some sources mates. I'd like to know the whole story.
>>
>>48162860
>correction he overcharged insurance companies he literally said he would pay out of pocket to people who didn't have insurance.

>>48162902
>Well now we know why he got caught, fuck over the working class and your fine but never other businesses

>All these retards in this thread calling for Shkreli to be tarred and feathered and not realizing that he's actually a good guy who graciously accepts the negative attention and uses it to feed his ego
>>
>>48160665
>>48160691

I now really want to see Shrkelli doing a Ravnica draft.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_fqEouMTb0
alpha investments just put out a video on it
>>
>>48163142
*gatecrash
He'd obviously try to force orzhov, so just pick all the good cards and his deck will be shit
>>
>>48162860
Things like this are a part of the reason insurance premiums are high.
>>
File: martinshkrelisearchmtg.png (5 KB, 246x91) Image search: [Google]
martinshkrelisearchmtg.png
5 KB, 246x91
Yup first search suggestion
>>
>>48163127
>still no sources other than hearsay

He also gave me 10 grand yesterday and bought me a new car! I heard he had an eight pack, too!
>>
Are you guys so delusional to think that a multi-millionaire would get into magic to somehow make money?
He just wants to buy expensive stuff, and loves pissing off nerds, that's all. Why even discuss this retard.
>>
>>48163256
>Why even discuss this retard
>loves pissing off nerds
You answered your own question.
>>
>>48163256
I think the reason why he wants to get into this is because it isn't taxable and and he's been having tax problems so when he puts money into this he can't be taxed on that
>>
>>48163285
Everything is taxable
>>
>>48163028
Buying up Black Lotuses also only affects the rich.

For all the bitching about reserved list, people just want duals and junk rares off.
>>
>>48163298
when you buy a card that's taxed but once you have a card you can't tax him on what that card is worth
>>
>>48163321
Really?
>>
>>48163321
>when you buy a card that's taxed
what? you don't pay tax when you buy things, you pay tax when you make money.

I'm pretty sure if you have a high value card and it goes up in price it could be capital gains taxed.

If he tries to flip lots of cards that could also be considered his "business" and he would be taxed on the profits.
>>
>>48163321
yes without that the govt would be able to tax you on all of your belongings other than your property
>>48163381
you pay tax when you buy things it's called sales tax it's on everything
>>
>>48163381
> you don't pay tax when you buy things
>what is sales tax

You have to be 18 or older to post on this website
>>
>>48163360
accidently replied to my self
>>48163381
>>
>>48163312
Yeah, people are much more concerned about the barrier to accessing Legacy than Vintage. Mostly because Vintage is already a zombie format.
>>
>>48163381
he's not trying to flip cards for money he already has money he's trying to put that money into magic the gathering cards because it's off the grid he's been having tax problems lately
>>
>>48163381
If you bought a card, and it went up in value, it's unlikely anyone but you would know the new value of your asset. Which means you aren't going to get taxed on it just for holding it.
>>
>>48163403
Some states don't have sales tax, and you only pay sales tax on in state purchases, so if you're buying from someone in the other 49 states you don't pay sales tax. You have to be 18 or older to post on this website.

>>48163387
>yes without that the govt would be able to tax you on all of your belongings other than your property
what?
>>
>>48160627
Jesper should shut the fuck up. The game he created has become a collectible that requires hundreds of dollars a year. Spare me the fucking moral superiority.
>>
>>48163492
i replied to the wrong person the person thought you could be taxed on things you already own
>>
>>48163418
Duals are the key.

Plus it'd be nice to get a foil of the first legend I ever pulled from a pack when I was a little kid. You know, the extremely limited and reserved $.20 Greven il-Vec.
>>
>>48161182
You actually believed that lie? SCG is just aligning themselves with the popular attitude. They would fucking hate the RL being eliminated.
>>
>>48163528
You can, it's called capital gains tax
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_gains_tax
>>
>>48163532
Corner the Underground, Volcanic, Tundra, and Tropical market and you fucked Legacy forever.
>>
>AND? the thread
>>
>Implying WotC will kill the RL
All this will do is make those cards more expensive to the common folk. Have fun.
>>
>>48163622
legacy is already dying
>>
On Shkreli's wikipedia article:
>Shkreli said that he was targeted by law enforcement for his price hikes of the drug Daraprim
makes sense I guess
>and his flamboyant personality
wut?
>>
>>48162860
This. Media made this guy out to be Hitler but he was showcasing how fucked the system was and made insurance companies pay out the ass for those pills while supposedly giving people without insurance or the means to pay for life saving medication the pills for free.

Suddenly the Jews assemble to smear campaign him and the general population eat up the propaganda like the sheep they are.
>>
>>48163704
Nah. It plateaued a while ago. You can still find people wanting to get into it and it has enough of a following to have big tournaments. But move Revised duals into $500 territory, and you have negative growth and eventually, a Vintage-like environment. Fucked for life.
>>
>>48162860
Except that's bullshit, sure he said that he'd send them to people for 10 bucks if they asked. But he LITERALLY NEVER HAS DONE THAT.

So fuck your shit.

It also doesn't fit with his repeated involvement in corruption.
>>
>>48163812
Do you have sources for that? A bunch of people have asked for them in this thread and we still don't have any.
>>
>>48163236
>He also gave me 10 grand yesterday and bought me a new car! I heard he had an eight pack, too!

You posted right before I did, didn't see what you said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/sep/21/entrepreneur-defends-raise-price-daraprim-drug
>>
Crashing this game with no survivors!
>>
So what happened to the congressional hearing this guy was a part of?
>>
>>48164274
he didn't say anything
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/04/martin-shkreli-refuses-to-testify-congress-drug-daraprim
>>
>>48163952
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/business/turing-refuses-to-lower-list-price-of-toxoplasmosis-drug.html?_r=0
>The company pledged that no patient needing Daraprim would ever be denied access.
>Turing said it would reduce co-payments for commercially insured patients to no more than $10 per prescription and would donate money to a charity to help Medicare patients meet their co-payments. It said it would provide Daraprim free to qualified uninsured patients with incomes at or below 500 percent of the federal poverty level.

Not sure if they've actually done any of these things
>>
>>48164401
They haven't.
>>
>>48163458
This is what I first suspected too like the same reason a lot of rich people buy art at outrageous prices to avoid taxes. But why wouldn't he just do the same?
>>
>>48164490
Because he's a bit of a nerd too.
He sponsors an E-sports team too last I checked.
>>
>>48164490
he already has enough art?
he isn't doing this for tax evasion?
he doesn't know how small the mtg collectible market is and thinks this will actually be a viable method?
>>
>>48162846
>>48162860
>>48162848
>>48162979
>>48163028
>>48163004
>>48163812

Protip: insurance companies exist to make profit. The reason premiums for insurance are fucking obnoxious is because of schemes like what he did. Yeah, the insurance company is paying for it, and by extension, anyone who is insured, which legally, is every person in the US Thanks, Obama, is paying to line his pockets.

Shit like this is why if you ever have to go in for surgery, you should talk to the surgeon, and work out paying for shit in cash. You will pay less than your insurance company will charge you because everything in the US healthcare system is a mark up scam.

For example. A tube of surgical grade bacitracin, the same kind of stuff you keep in a first aid kit to put on a cut, might actually cost $5. If the hospital charges it to your insurance at that price, they might say "eh, fuck it, we are only gonna give the hospital $3 for that thing." Since the hospital knows this, and wants to stay solvent, they then mark it up as a $10 tube that the insurance company gives them $6 for. And pretty much all that profit over the $5 they paid for it is going to go towards covering all the shit the uninsured/people who give false info/illegals use, because you can't be turned away from an emergency room, and you better believe those folks aren't gonna pay for the services they use. So, the hospital then says the $5 tube of medicine costs $30 to the insurance company, that they insurance company only pays a portion of, so that the hospital can afford to keep its doors open, and not turn people who aren't going to pay away because they legally can't.

And in the end, we all loose, because we all pay insurance and all those costs get passed onto us via our premiums. The price I pay has doubled over the last few years because of all this horse shit.

TL;DR: Fuck that guy, he's still a cunt.
>>
>>48164490
he's already invested in art how much more art is out there are ridiculous prices he can even buy
>>
>>48159840
Jesus this guy has a punchable face.
Like, even before you hear about the shit he's done you think "man, somebody needs to beat this guy up".
>>
>>48164599
same reason why people go to mexico (or spain if you don't want to die) and get their surgeries done there
>>
>>48164634
Yeah, but let's not have a universal health care system, cause Ben Franklin said so.
>>
Oh my god he's a Yu-Gi Oh villain!

Magic has officially become Yugioh.
>>
>>48161600
underrated post
>>
>>48160356
He's laundering money you retard.
>>
>>48159840
holy fuck this is hilarious.
i'm still convinced his ass is gonna get robbed by the wu-tang clan one day.

also i'm ok with this, WotC are superjews, it takes a superjew to out jew a superjew.
>>
File: As Frigid As My Soul.gif (442 KB, 441x270) Image search: [Google]
As Frigid As My Soul.gif
442 KB, 441x270
This ruined my day.

My day wasn't very good to begin with, but at least I have my escapist hobbies that let me live out my delusional life. Oh wait...
>>
>>48165484
theres a good thing about this though, its literally gonna kill the reserve list, which was garbage beyond garbage, and i say this as a legacyfag.
>>
>>48165522
You are adorable if you think the RL is going anywhere.
>>
File: just burn it all.gif (461 KB, 460x347) Image search: [Google]
just burn it all.gif
461 KB, 460x347
>>48165522
Why would it go anywhere? So people can make less money? If anything, new things will be put on the reserved list just to cash in.
>>
File: fbuawf.png (168 KB, 1251x416) Image search: [Google]
fbuawf.png
168 KB, 1251x416
>>48159840
Space, the final frontier for my sides.
>>
>>48165550
>there will literally be no marketable reserved list items since jew mcjewbags will come into magic waving his tiny chiny around buying up everything worth half a damn to launder his illegal ass cash
>WotC being SJW's gets triggered hard by shkreli since hes literally a saturday morning cartoon villain in real life
>they do this entirely out of spite of him
>shkreli continues being the assclown he is and showing up at pro events with his crappy scrub deck for shiggles and continued triggerings.
>>
>>48159840
Who is this guy and why does everyone hate him?
>>
>>48165679
hes a dickhead who fucked up the pharmacy industry hard, then he jumped through a bunch of shit being a complete asshole about it.
basically hes a walking SJW trigger magnet.
>>
>>48165679
Shitty guy who does shit like buy up toxoplasmosis drugs (You know, for people with fucking AIDS) and jack up the price a couple thousand percent.
>>
ITT: stupid retards who bought the anti-shkreli reddit narrative
>>
>>48165715
to be fair some of the shit he did in pharmacy was really god damn bullshit, like soros levels of bullshit.
everything else is just hilarious though.
>>
>>48165715
... he jacked up the prices because he's such a nice guy?
>>
>>48165782
No see, he only did it to prove a point about how terrible other people are!
Never mind that he never lowered the price, or did that thing he said he would where he would lower the actual price for consumers, or anything else.
>>
>>48165709
>fucked up the pharmacy industry hard
Wasn't that just HIV-meds? Aka not real meads, just palliative care.
>>
>>48165748
>>48165782
The pharma stuff he did is a common practice, it hardly affects the end consumer at all. Insurance covers basically all of the pill. Allche did was gouge more money out of the insurance companies. And of you contact his company and prove that you truly cant afford it youll get the pill for free. Insurance companies got mad and saw that they had a smug face they could pin this on. Couple this with being an election year and this helps politicians say things like "we won't let this happen anymore" and it blows up like it didn

Martin is kind of an asshole but he did nothing wrong. Other than the SEC fraud stuff
>>
>>48165851
You don't make big bucks without being kind of an asshole. Or genius inventor with friends in the right places. Preferably both.
>>
>>48165851
>All he did was gouge the insurance companies
>Prices aren't passed along to consumers.
>>
>>48165851
>Insurance covers basically all of the pill.

And who's paying for the insurance...? I mean, in the end it's coming out of the consumer's pocket, one way or the other.
>>
>>48165898
>>48165901
The price of the pill now matches others like it on the market. If he didn't do it someone else wouldve. Its just economics and It really doesnt hurt the consumer if you have insurance
>>
>>48165946
>If he didn't do it someone else wouldve
you're a bad person
>>
>>48165977
Im sorry that capitalism exists
>>
>>48166002
Still doesn't mean you aren't a bad person.
>>
>>48165977
Nah, stating that someone else would have done that in neutral / realistic.
Saying that I myself would have done that can be considered evil. and given the chance, I totally would
>>
>>48166060
>is given the facts
>doesnt like the facts
>says im a meanie

Holy shit >>>/tumblr/
>>
>>48166081
By those standards Shekeleri is still evil, right? Since he actually DID do it.
>>
>>48166002
The fact a thing exists is not reason to endorse it. Natural selection is a thing, that does not mean we ought to cull the weaker members of society. You are looking for an excuse to disregard the welfare of others, and you've found it. Good job.

Yes, capitalism is a thing, and if we are more than capable of letting it run to dangerous extremes. We can do better. By which I mean, /we/, can do better, /you/ on the other hand seem content to stick to whatever nonsense lets you be an ass.
>>
>>48165946
>Raising insurance premiums doesn't hurt the consumer.

I mean, I agree that the answer to shit like Shkrelli is regulation. Self interested parties will always act in their own self interest. That doesn't mean that raising the costs of insuring people to the provider won't end up raising premiums.
>>
File: 1459389293530.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1459389293530.png
205 KB, 505x431
>>48166114
I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Capitalism doesn't necessitate dickitry in and of itself, laissez-faire trade policies and globalization necessitates dickitry in the context of a two-tiered system, with established countries having appropriate policy in place, while developing countries are prohibited from having it.

So, in summary, you're a bad person, and you aren't very bright.
>>
If some rich asshole annihilated the second hand market so WotC would just sell every card online at a direct sale markup (pennies on the dollar of current secondhand price), I'd be pleased.
>>
>>48165593
Yeah, cause the guys running Hasbro are not some HyperJews that make this assclown look like a communist by comparison-
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>48160873
It's pretty much that easy.

>But what if they don't do that? What do we do then?

Same thing we've always done, lads. Pic related.
>>
>>48160761
>A guy who legally buys a thing and then does a legal thing with his legally owned property
>Most hated man next to the guy who murdered a couple million people
Get a sense of scale faggot. Mao killed 30 million people in the Cultural Revolution alone, Stalin probably directly offed about 20 million during his period as head of the USSR. There is a whole list of people who Hitler is actually a fucking small fry compared to. You can think whatever you like about Martin Shkreli and imagine that his business practices are as unsavory as they come but comparing the dude to your average drug addled street thug on the evil index is probably out of bounds much less the rogue's gallery responsible for the death of 1+% of the human race.
>>
>>48166285
He is not annihilating anything. These wannabe speculators can only affect the RL market, which is a drop in the fucking ocean of single card sales. Do you think anyone that matters at Hasbro gives a shit if Moat costs $900? $900 or $90000, it makes no difference to them. As far as the rest of the non-RL market, they have it grabbed by the nuts in an iron grip.
>>
>>48166348
nah removing the reserve list because of this is a good hyperjew move, i mean it allows them to reprint legacy shit for a set, then overcost the fuck out of it when it sells.
people would buy it up since otherwise thats several hundred dollars per card.
>>
>>48166418
You just failed out of the yeshiva, bruh. They are making more money than ever selling standard legal crap. Reprinting legacy and vintage is a silver bullet they can save for a rainy day. The more they wait, the bigger the hype. Why waste that bullet now on this moron?
>>
File: nothowitworks.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nothowitworks.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>48166400
I agree with you, and I would like to offer this image with which you can accompany your post next time some numbskull plays the hitlur card.
>>
>>48166400
The holodomor was not intentional. Shrkeli's actions are.

Of course Stalin also killed a fuckton of people with the purges. Quite a few more than this asshole will ever get to.

That being said:
Shkreli's actions will kill people.
That's been calculated by tons of experts at this point.
Dude is, at this point, a killer. Only escaping being a murderer because what he did was legal.
>>
>>48166512
not >>48166400 but thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 192x262
>>48166559
>The holodomor was not intentional
>>
>>48161237
Wrong. He was a successful hedge fund manager and made his money via that.

Pharma came much later.
>>
Why does everyone hate this guy againn?

I mean, he scalped the price of lifesaving medicine for fags and niggers, and now he'said fucking with the investments of grognards; seems like a cool guy to me.
>>
>>48162044
No, because they have no guarentees that the cards won't be reprinted. That's what the RL is, and that's why Wizards isn't allowed to renege on it - the injunction would freeze everything, from production to distribution, and doing it anyway is a felony.
>>
>>48166726
I would really like for a one of the many "lawyers" here that defend the idea that WotC does not reprint cards because they legally can't is how can you read the Official Reprint Policy, specifically where it says

>Reserved cards will never be printed again in a functionally identical form. A card is considered functionally identical to another card if it has the same card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness.

And not reach the conclusion that all it takes is to change the fucking color or subtype of the card, and you would not break your promise.
>>
>>48166716
So edgy. Here's your (you).
>>
>>48166994
Save your (you)s, they don't grow on trees you know. It's pearls before swine.
>>
This is the capitalistic bed you made for yourselves, now lie in it. Never has the old quote "not the hero we want, but the one we deserve", been more appropriate. I actually like this guy, would totally buy him a beer given the chance
>>
>>48166647
I mean, it wasn't.

Like... basically all modern historians agree at this point.
It was a mix of incompetence, not giving a shit about Ukraine, and ambition, but there was no actual intent to kill people.
>>
>>48164599
So with all this in mind, why is the US still so opposed to Brit-style national health systems? Seems like you all fight to the death to defend the rights of companies who do this shit to you.
>>
>>48167577
The US has a terminal case of a delusion exemplified by the phrase "A nation of haves, and soon-to-haves". People think they are just one day away from making it big, and are terrified of any restrictions that might befall them if they do, and so are easily tricked into acting against their best interest. Its really quite sad.
>>
>>48167546
To give you an analogy:
The USSR didn't set out to stifle biology and all related sciences when they promoted lysenkoism.
It was merely what it resulted in, and they didn't give enough of a shit about the consequences (Until all the PHYSICISTS in the country called them on their shit.
>>
>>48167577
Because many Americans really, really hate the word socialist. It's possible to have a private healthcare system where people don't pull this bullshit, it just needs to be regulated differently.
>>
>>48161615
are you the Extremis Chamber lawyer from the AoS threads
>>
Did nothing wrong
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/MartinShkreli/status/751205176070070272
Would he even have a case against this?
>>
He's exactly what the MtG community deserves.
>>
>>48163183

this is all his fault. he was counting on this to happen.
>>
>>48167090
Do you have a thing for guys with ultra-punchable faces?
>>
>>48168463
I kinda doubt he was watching his videos before he wouldn't have really needed to announce to reddit and twitter what he was about yo do
>>
File: Christmas Shork.jpg (31 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Shork.jpg
31 KB, 184x184
He's friends with some guy who made a Magic rap video or something, so he probably knows more about Magic than he's letting on

Whatever he's doing it's most likely just to screw with everyone. I just don't see a truly mass buyout like he could afford (every available copy he can find) would actually make money. It'd drive prices through the roof but you know what no one is going to spend 1k on a Gaea's Cradle for their EDH deck
>>
>>48168838

i concede it wasn't his fault, but i still think he is trying to get people buying the same stuff he's sitting on.
>>
>>48168463
Alpha Investments guy only really long term invests in sealed product. I think most of his graded shit is his personal collection.

I really don't think this was his intention.
>>
>>48162938
>PROUD ANTI-RASCIST
>Calling someone else a cuck.
>>
>>48168928
Yeah he is he's pushing Khans of Takir because he is sitting on so many
>>
>>48168964
I'm pretty sure his graded stuff excluding the power 9 that he has is all from booster packs he's opened
>>
>>48167636
You're >>48167546
right?
>>
>>48165679
"In September 2015, Shkreli received widespread criticism when Turing obtained the manufacturing license for the antiparasitic drug Daraprim and raised its price by 5,556 percent (from US$13.5 to US$750 per tablet) leading him to be referred to by media as the "most hated man in America"

Also this might add some knowledge.

https://www.quora.com/When-does-the-patent-for-Daraprim-expire
>>
>>48165679
people talk a lot of shit about him but he's still based
>>
Let's play a game, /tg/. It's called "Which number is bigger?!?"
>10.36 billion US dollars, the market capitalization of Hasbro, as of Thursday
>100 million US dollars, PharmaBro's net worth

Hasbro is one of only two companies in a massive industry that actually matter. Hasbro rolls in enough profit in a month and a half to buy PharmaBro. Let him go after Hasbro. He would get his shit pushed in, and hard.
>>
>>48160463
unfortunately, that's not generally how being rich works in America. Maybe for people who don't know how to manage their own money, but it seems like he does.
>>
>>48165679
A dude nobody actually remembers without google anymore because the media wants you to hate a new person every month.
Basically he was "the worstest evar" until Trump showed up. Now he's just a guy that people think might have bought drugs or something.
>>
>>48167577
It popped up as a result of WWII wage freezes incentivizing the use of side benefits (i.e health insurance) as a method of attracting workers (there were other considerations as well, like the taxation status of employee healthcare benefits). This grew to the point that it became practically mandatory and was reinforced by government policy in the form of Medicare and Medicaid which were, perhaps unintentionally, built to mimic and fit with the distortion. Meanwhile you've got an entire industry that has popped up because there's money to be made.

Essentially what you're looking at is the economic equivalent of an aneurysm.
>>
can we stop giving this dude attention? it's shameful.
>>
>>48165679
He bought a company that makes an AIDS drug and jacked up the price from like $7 to a six-digit number. He insists this was a scam to get money out of hospitals and insurance without harming the little guy. Everyone else besides /pol/ says this cost regular people money too, and probably killed more than a few people, what with the whole AIDS DRUG thing.

After he got chased out of the pharmaceutical industry for his dickery and some other shady business practices, he became a professional troll. He livestreams, makes shitty tweets, and that kind of thing. The Wu-Tang Clan made an album, meanwhile, and only made one copy that they put up for auction. This guy bought it and tried to buy a date with celebrities by promising they could listen to it.

Now he's getting into Magic.
>>
>>48173771
It'll die down soon. Besides, MtG threads in general have been out of control lately, with like half a dozen discussing the same fucking piece of fluff up at the same time. It'll go away soon enough, hopefully.
>>
>>48159840
Somebody sell him some chinaman fakes.
>>
>>48160756
That damn Gatsby, amirite?
>>
>>48161126
>Jews

>Martin Shkreli is the son of Albanian and Croatian immigrants
Croats - nazi catholics
Albanians - muslims

Seems legit
>>
>>48163538
The increase in sale of reasonably priced staples currently on the RL would outweigh any and all potential losses from not being able to gouge 250 for a LED every now and then.
>>
I wish he wasn't trolling.
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.