[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some RPGs where I can both shoot guns and fling spells?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
What are some RPGs where I can both shoot guns and fling spells?
>>
File: 1462407519394.jpg (122 KB, 798x746) Image search: [Google]
1462407519394.jpg
122 KB, 798x746
>>48159284

Pathfinder.
>>
Shadowrun
>>
>>48159284
GURPS
>>
>>48159284

Dungeons: The Dragoning
>>
>>48160228
This
>>
>>48159284
Savage Worlds
Strike!
Basically all of D&D (remember: crashed spaceships)

Does Apocalypse World have spells? Do Weird abilities count as spells?

Seriously, it'd be easier to list RPGs where you can't.

>>48159294
It's actually one of the most hilarious builds. Arcane Archer Magus+Spellslinger.
>>
>>48160514
Stop shilling Strike! Why does /tg/ always shill Strike?
>>
>>48159284
Pathfinder, DnD, +Shadowrun, Dark Heresy (warp powers are kinda like spells), Changeling the Lost, +Mage the Awakening, +Legends, any generic RPG (yes, like GURPs)
>>
>>48160556

Strike! is good, everyone should buy at least two copies of it.
>>
>>48159284

OP's pic can be verbatim a shadowrun character.

>Mage
>Obvious Left cyberarm, Hardpoint modification at the elbow joint.
>Drone with two miniguns and a hardpoint connector. Connect to cyberarm.

Granted, it only works as a Pink Mohawk.
>>
>>48161118
>Left
Brainfarted, meant Right.
>>
>>48159284
shadowrun
>>
>>48159284
You can do that in WoD as nearly any splat.
>mage with guns
>vampire with thaumaturgy and guns
>etc.
>>
>>48160637
Make that three, just in case you need a backup for a backup because it's so popular with your friends!
>>
>>48159284
Iron Kingdoms RPG.
You can even fling spells with your guns.
>>
>>48161747

One for the sheets and another for streets! And a third for friends to borrow!
>>
File: witchcraft.jpg (38 KB, 180x226) Image search: [Google]
witchcraft.jpg
38 KB, 180x226
>>48159284
Witchcraft
>>
>>48160556
>Stop shilling Strike! Why does /tg/ always shill Strike?

That one is becoming a meme itself, isn't it?
>>
>>48161817
But can you fling guns with your spells?
>>
>>48160637
>>48161747
>>48161827
But seriously though, is it any good? It looks like some kind of a OSR retrocolone dungeon delver at first glance.
>>
File: IKRPG Core Rules Cover.jpg (360 KB, 443x585) Image search: [Google]
IKRPG Core Rules Cover.jpg
360 KB, 443x585
>>
Only War
>>
>>48162145
That's s weird impression to get from it.

Strike! is basically sort of a 4e retroclone thing, with the skill system replaced with a more narrative focused one (somewhat similar to *World and FAE).

The main idea (and draw, for me) behind it is streamlining everything down to the bare essentials, then adding back in complexity as optional modules. It's generic, and it's made with refluffability in mind, so it could be used for just about anything, but the strength lies mostly in genres where you expect to be thrown into squad sized combat (making it especially fitting for vidya and shounen inspired games in my opinion). In a way, it's a lot like Savage Worlds in that regard, when I think about it.

It has its fair share of problems, but because it's so simple and modular, it's easy to modify. More than half the book is talking about optional modules and rules, the core rules are like 20 pages, the tactical module (which is its main draw) is somewhere around 50 with everything (classes, roles, feats, glossary) included.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.