[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flames of War General: Make up your own witty Title Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: 1408509300773.jpg (159 KB, 615x520) Image search: [Google]
1408509300773.jpg
159 KB, 615x520
Flames of War SCANS database:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/

[Vimeo] The Fallen of World War II

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
http://strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
http://strawpoll.me/4896764
>>
File: 1414356950645.jpg (323 KB, 936x817) Image search: [Google]
1414356950645.jpg
323 KB, 936x817
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NiDdgaqJOSrTlVyik5IVJCaK2wUCdLSIvcPCoNY-IYw/viewform

In reoccurring business, We're still trying to garner questions for Panzerfunk's infrequent Listener Q&A Sessions. So. Submit your questions there and try not to ask the same grouping of questions.
>>
File: matildas.jpg (95 KB, 650x484) Image search: [Google]
matildas.jpg
95 KB, 650x484
I saw some people was talking about matildas in EW, well that's funny because i just made a list with matildas for EW
>>
>>48159024
Man, infantry would love to run into that list.

Minimal smoke, low numbers... If you're deliberately out to fight an all-tank force, sure it'll work, but a balanced force will tear it to shreds.

Hell, a Tank force out of Barbarossa will probably give it a good pounding too.
>>
>>48159045
To be fair top 2 tanks are basically invulnerable to EW infantry but yes a single T34 or KV could fuck up this list real bad
>>
>>48159068
Or 88's. Or french Lafflys, to some degree. Or pioneers. Or STUKAS (or whatever the russkies use).
>>
>>48159068
"Barbarossa distorts EW" shocker.
>>
>>48159024
Is there special software you use to make the list look like that? BattleScribe isn't very good for FoW, at least for me.
>>
>>48159083
Russkies use Chaikas.

>>48159068
>>48159086
Not even Barbarossa, really. Hellfire and back allows for *hilarious* numbers of regular troops with improvised TA3, making them a serious problem for this list even in the context of it's own book. And that's not even considering things from Blitzkrieg that are a credible problem to the side armour of these things, like everyone's light artillery (*so* many RoF2 AT8 75mm guns in EW if you look), Jock Columns with their AT rifle spam, 4" Coastal Artillery, Panzerjäger Is... etc, etc.
>>
>>48159103
http://fowlists (dot) blogspot (dot) com
>>
>>48159103
THat list looks like it's from fowlists blog-spot com (remove the dash, substitute dots for spaces). There is also forces.flamesofwar.com , but you have to pay (a dollar a list, 75% if you buy entire books), which looks much better.
>>
>>48159103
I use this http://fowlists dot blogspot dot it/ to build the list and go on print view afterwards
>>
File: OBRNENÝ ROTA 1390.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
OBRNENÝ ROTA 1390.pdf
1 B, 486x500
While we're on EW, I was considering taking this list to an EW Round-robin tournament happening soon. Any thoughts? (Yes, I have or have fairly quick access to all the models)
>>
File: cs_army2.jpg (885 KB, 1400x915) Image search: [Google]
cs_army2.jpg
885 KB, 1400x915
Has anyone ever homebrewed a Czech 1938 army?
>>
Thinking of picking up a box from PSC, any of you know how good the quality of their stuff is? It's pretty cheap so I'm assuming I'm mostly likely gonna get what I pay for
>>
>>48159311
I would personally rearrange the LT40s, so that your company commander(s) can't be guntanked. Other than that, looks reasonable. You will have to count on your guts if the enemy brings heavies, but it ought to be doable.

>>48159379
Surprisingly good, depending somewhat on what you want. The newer stuff is better (giving BF a real run for their money, quality-wise).
>>
>>48159379
Depends on the kit, but they're generally very good.

What were you looking at?
>>
>>48159420
The late war panzer army namely, I already have 5 panzer IV's and 5 Panthers A's and other than a few NW41's that box has EVERYTHING else I need for my list and then some
>>
>>48159474
The Tanks and Halftracks are excellent, but those infantry are the old-style ones which aren't so hot.

It's a bit of an iffy call, DESU.
>>
File: zis-30-winter1.jpg (25 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
zis-30-winter1.jpg
25 KB, 500x272
>>48159379
Really depends on the kit. What are you looking to buy? I like their T-34s (they are a little smaller than the battlefront ones, but are much easier to desprue and put together). I also really like their gun teams and heavy weapons boxes. I'd pass on the general soviet infantry, though I hear some of their later infantry kits are in heroic scale, like BFs.

>>48159133
>>48159068
>>48159045

Soviets get quite a few counters to heavy armor in EW to the point of overkill. Besides waves of dirt cheap unarmed sappers and their heavy armor, they have their wonderful ZIS-2 and ZIS-3 volley firing gun teams. They can even bring the comical ZIS-30 which is a T-20 artillery tractor retrofitted with a ZIS-2. You can even bring an IL-2. Many of these options are overkill and will not be that useful against a large group of small tanks or infantry, but I did convert a couple of my T-20s over to ZIS-30s to use in EW.
>>
>>48159379
I've built PSC's Panthers, M5 Stuarts, and US Halftracks.

All of those are very good kits.

I'd recommend almost any of PSC's vehicles.

Their infantry are reportedly a bit more hit-or-miss, but I don't have any firsthand experience with them.
>>
>>48159528
Eh well infantry aren't made to be focused on 1 by 1 so I'll take my chances
>>
>>48159412
Not much I can do about the LT40s i'm afraid; there's no LT38 option for the commanders, only 40s or 35s. I'm probably just going to hide them or if I really have to, stick them with the first platoon and use the extra LT40 as an ablative shield.
>>
>>48159546
Just don't mix them with BF's infantry on the same base (or, really, in the same platoon) and you're probably fine.

PSC's older infantry look really anorexic next to BF's heroic-proportioned stuff.
>>
>>48159572
Will do
>>
File: bagel gogles.jpg (60 KB, 450x671) Image search: [Google]
bagel gogles.jpg
60 KB, 450x671
>>48159360
that is the coolest idea.

only problem we have is doctrines for Czechs.
you could run one from Blitzkrieg being very picky about your choice of infantry (Rifles) and Artie (Czechatrie) as well....
>>
>>48159540
>Their infantry are reportedly a bit more hit-or-miss, but I don't have any firsthand experience with them.
The infantry that've come out more recently (grenadiers in normany, EW germans, brits) are all pretty equivalent to BF's. Their vehicles are all excellent.

It's not a case of getting what you pay for, it's just battlefront operating a brand-name premium.
>>
>>48159783
Like I said, no first had experience with their infantry, song didn't know that.

And like I already said, PSC's vehicles are excellent.

As for Battlfront's plastics, their early stuff had some issues, especially the first run of Open Fire Shermans, but pretty much everything from their plastic T-34s onward have been excellent.

Its pretty much neck and neck at this point for the quality of the plastic kits from those two companies.

The one thing that PSC has going for it is that they have a wider variety of stuff available in plastic.
>>
>>48159991
>song

How did my autocorrect get "song" from "so I"?
>>
>>48160004
Your life is now a musical number
>>
>>48160034
Set it to the music of Billy Joel and I could be ok with that.
>>
Anyone know where I can get small shrubbery to use as camo? Got a German force from market garden and I want to put down camoflage and what not on tanks, guns and infantry bases.
>>
File: fowfun.png (2 MB, 1087x720) Image search: [Google]
fowfun.png
2 MB, 1087x720
>>48158935

>Virus and Eagles never sleep edition

thanks again Eagles. To answer your previous question about my friends and I perhaps quitting FoW. When we first started we were exiles from 40k. After two decades of Games Workshop, jumping ship to something else felt a little daunting.

There was the scale to contend with, and getting around painting a lot of infantry. In 40k we found tanks were weak, but in FoW, it's armour that seems to rule the roost (or at least be the most forgiving).

Next was the rules themselves. They're similar to, but likewise, nothing like warhammer 40,000. We're still stumbling with them now, but going from masters of one game to novices in another was tricky. Back in the day, if we didn't know what to do, we went to the local Games Workshop. Here, it's playing games at 1/4 speed, making a list of everything that confuses us, then me asking yourself and Viruscide whatever stumped us.

On the plus side though, we feel we're playing a game that hasn't run off and left us in the dust. GW's policies haven't been the kindest.

Thanks to these threads, our gaming group has increased from 2 to 4, including my father. We've got:

Me - 352nd Infantrie Division Light Fusilier Kompany (MG platoons + StuG G & Marder III M's)

Si - Grimball's Beasts. (Sexy sherman variants + Pershings & Mech Infantry)

Dad - Vasily's Hammer. (Russian T34-85 spams)

Gary - Soviet Infantry / Sapper Horde with artillery support. I think Gary's finding it the toughest. Unlike armour, I think Infantry benefits most from combined arms. Some artillery, some tanks, maybe some aircraft. It seems to be that infantry hold things... and tanks advance.

Thanks to everyone on /tg/ who's helped us so far.
>>
Anyone here play in the Northern Virginia area? A friend and I want to play more flames, but the only group/store that's local to me (Hobbies Etc, warrenton) is small and pretty bad about meeting up regularly.
>>
>>48161818
Hobby stores that sell model railway stuff tend to have a lot of good stuff that can be used for foliage.

>>48162001

I really don't. I'll stay up to 2 in the morning some times without even realizing it. Even when I need to be awake and functioning(ha!) by 7:30am.

And Virus, he's at an 18 hour time difference from me down there in New Zealand, so he's almost guaranteed to be on when I'm not.

>Thanks to everyone on /tg/ who's helped us so far.

Not a problem. Always glad to help.

>>48162426
>Anyone here play in the Northern Virginia area?

I think the guys from WWPD are in the Richmond area, and they seem to be pretty active.

Other than that I couldn't tell you. I'm just outside of New York myself.
>>
>>48162001
Vasily's hammer is, I seem to remember, a hero list; I'm surprised it's not the worst one since hero lists are kind of a handicap choice.

Sappers should be amazing tarpits against most of those, though.
>>
>>48162001
Hey if you can get us a list of what your soviet pal running infantry has we can probably help. I run assault sappers (the body armor equipped elite pioneers) so I may be able to give some tips.

Dont even need a specific list, just what he tends to run. Might be able to recommend a new unit to try for support
>>
Noob question: when painting a tank, do you assemble first and then paint it or paint first then assemble?
Same with infantry and artillery: paint first and base or base first and paint?
>>
>>48162917
Assemble first, glue rarely sticks well to paint, and you will have to go over and paint any exposed bits afterwards if you paint first.
>>
>>48162917
I assemble then paint. I know others do it the other way around for infantry but I cant imagine ever doing that with tanks
>>
>>48162917
>tanks
Assemble fully, then paint. You will learn the exceptions as you get more experience.

>infantry
Assemble and base texture, not flock, foliage etc. Spray, paint, finish basing.
Some prefer painting individual figs first. This is more time consuming.
>>
>>48162917
For vehicles (especially of plastic): Assemble, prime, paint. This way you get a good bond with whatever glue you use. If you are using plastic cement, you won't be able to get a bond at all if you prime or paint first.

With infantry you can either base them, prime, and paint. Or use sticky tack to adhere them to golf tees or popsicle sticks, prime, paint, and then base.

I base before painting with my strelk, because it helps me stay motivated and I don't have to worry about painting shadowed areas. A lot of people prefer to base after painting though.
>>
>>48162917
That’s a tough one. For infantry, if you aren’t doing any crazy basing I’d stick them onto popsicle sticks to paint them individually. If you want them to look well integrated into a base then you just have to do that first, and accept that you might not be able to get the same level of detail on them. Probably won’t be able to get the angle needed to paint their eyeballs.

For tanks, I think the ideal is to assemble it except for the tracks. Then you spray the assembled hull and turret separately – the paint at the turret-hull joint adds some resistance but the hole’s slightly oversized so I prefer it that way. The tracks get sprayed separately in track color. You can mask them and spray the rest of the pieces in hull color or just brush that on. Mask the hull and tracks where they’ll glue to each other.
>>
>>48162985
>>48162990
>>48162994
>>48163019
Alright, thanks.
One more thing: how historically accurate do I have to paint my units? Do I have to stick to Green Shermans or could I have one look like a taxicab?
Also, how do I get the decals on the tank? Could I make my own custom ones or do I have to paint them?
>>
File: battlezone.png (44 KB, 804x601) Image search: [Google]
battlezone.png
44 KB, 804x601
>>48163155
If you’re playing in a WWII setting, you’ll be expected to find the right shade of green. You don’t have to, obviously, but coming up with an immersive setting that looks like WWII but clearly isn’t will take some effort and convincing. Depends on who you plan on playing with.

It’s much easier with something like the Tanks skirmish game. There’s not much expectation of historical context there, so you can paint them like Girls und Panzer tanks or old arcade game tanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3725x2785) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3725x2785
>>48163155
>One more thing: how historically accurate do I have to paint my units? Do I have to stick to Green Shermans or could I have one look like a taxicab?
You paint your stuff however you want don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just be prepared for your opponent refusing to play against taxi sherms.

>Also, how do I get the decals on the tank?
Follow the instructions. Use decal medium and solvent. Apply gloss varnish on the surface beforehand. Protect with varnish after. Apply weatherimg after decals so they blend in.

>Could I make my own custom ones or do I have to paint them?
Uh I guess? I've never tried it to an avceptable effect though.
>>
>>48163155
A lot of companies sell 1/100 decals, including Battlefront. You want to paint some gloss coat where you’re going to put the decal, put it on with decal softener, then matte coat over it (or over the whole tank).

A lot of symbols were roughly painted on so hand-brushing is okay too.
>>
>>48163155
>how historically accurate do I have to paint my units? Do I have to stick to Green Shermans or could I have one look like a taxicab?

it is a historical wargame, so I'd assume that most people you'll be playing against would be making at least some effort to paint things in a misty historical way.

That being said, there are people that have done joke units such as a Pink Panther or a Captain America command team that have gotten a positive response from the people here on /tg/.

On the flip side of the same coin you also get something like the "Nachtwulfen" Nazi super-natural artifact hunters played by that buffoon over at Beasts of War. He is by far our go-to example of how NOT to get into a historical wargame.

Also, just out of curiosity, why a Sherman painted like a Taxi?
>>
>>48163368
I enjoy giving tanks odd, sometimes vulgar names. I planned on calling it "Taxicab Confession".
Some of my other extravagant names for random tanks (usually 40k games): Call Waiting, Abortion Clinic, Parking Ticket, Tax Return, McRib, and Sex Tape
>>
>>48163368
>that buffoon over at Beasts of War

Warren. The guy is such a lovable idiot. But you can SEE the long-suffering reactions of the guy they have teaching him to play FoW. Especially when he starts talking about his Indiana Jones inspired Nazis.

Also, he had to invent a whole new fictional communist country of Something-slavia that NATO was invading when he was running the Beasts of War boot camp for Team Yankee.
>>
>>48163486
Oh, and Daddy's Favorite
>>
>>48163155
You don't HAVE to paint your force historicaly correct. In the end, it will be up to you and your usual opposition how correct it have to be.

That said, my personal preferences, from most prefered to least:

1) Historically Correct: you've done your research, this is an exact copy of the unit as it was at a certain date, or as close as you can get within the rules and the points alloted.
2) Historically Plausible: It would be reasonable to expect a non-specific unit to look like this (so something close to the right shade of OD for shermans, german LW tanks in dunkelgelb and brown and/or green camo). A "Historically Correct" force that is used as a standin for something else, also go here (such as if your Panzer Lehr panzerkompanie stands in for a panzerkompanie from Grey Wolf). Also allow for some ahistorical/silly names. Note that this is what I personally aim for.
3) Primed Units: it's a work in progress, but all units are at least primed, and the major colours have been painted (or are at least in the process of being painted)
4) unpainted plastic/resin/metal: what it said, things are put together (or close enough), but no paint on it yet, or at least not on a majority of the force
5) Wild proxies: You have models for everything, just not always the RIGHT models (say, you want to try british, and proxy your americans, or you have LW Panzer IVs for EW Panzers, to a reasonable degree). An exception is made if it's just one or two platoons of new equipment you want to try out before buying.
6) Card-board cutouts: you've literally just cut out some card into approimate sizes for your models.
7) Circus tanks: your units are not even close to being historically accurate. Could be you wanted your yanks to be painted as Ultrasmurfs, or just thought metallic yellow looked good. I will automatically assume that you are a retard, and had your parents glue your models for you, to avoid you shoving a bottle of superglue up your nose.

Cont.
>>
>>48163486
>Tax Return

We all know that feeling. Splurging with the "free money" we get back from the government.
>>
>>48163598
Single "special" models, such as Captain America or the Pink Panther usually get a pass (though obviously not in type 1 armies), since they look cool and adds a bit of fun. However, they should generally be kept to one or a scant few in the army.

>>48163368
>that buffoon over at Beasts of War.
Don't call him a buffoon, that's being unnecessarily harsh on buffoons. Calling him an illiterate bumbling baboon is doing a disservice to the baboon, but at least it can't read and get offended.

Talking about TANKS and GuP, anyone know where I can get 15mm schoolgirls for tank commanders?
>>
My local group is getting in on Tanks! action. Next stop, actual games of FoW.

I'm thinking of grabbing a copy of Blood, Guts & Glory to use Tank Aces as the entry point to FoW proper. I mean, Mechanised & Infantry Aces are also available for free, but Tank Aces seems like the logical next step. Has anyone compiled a list of which of the official free online briefings are compatible with which 'aces' campaigns? I figure outright advocating piracy on my FLGS' facebook page would be somewhat poor form.

Also, I'm kind of sad that the Finns in Lapin Sota briefing has vanished from their website.
>>
>>48163155
Generally looking vaguely like the historical vehicle is advised. That said, there's shitloads of camos; part of the fun for me is finding weird camo, like american desert, el alamein, marine camo, the late-war german units working primer into the colour scheme...

>>48163313
>Just be prepared for your opponent refusing to play against taxi sherms.
Frankly people who don't play goofy tanks are probably boring grognards you don't want to play against anyway.
>>
>>48163629
I heard Eureka miniatures were doing some, but that was part of their 100 club or whatever which they've stopped doing now.
>>
>>48163598
Lol circus tanks.

To me it's like a fart joke. There is a very specific time and place for it and with good timing and a good crowd it brings enjoyment and smiles.
And at other times it just embarassing and ruins the whole funeral.
>>
>>48163629
>Talking about TANKS and GuP, anyone know where I can get 15mm schoolgirls for tank commanders?
I've asked before to no luck. Doesn't seem to be a thing people make.
>>
>>48162631
Vasiliy's Hammer is just the box set with (iirc) something like 10 T-34s and 3 SU-100s.

It is designed to be a really shitty hero tank list, but otherwise just two of those kits will get you a solid core to a (normal) tank army. So it's easy to build upon. Seeing him say his dad is playing "Vasiliy's Hammer", without any count of how much he actually has, makes me believe he's got that and other stuff as well. Provided you max it out with 10 T-34-85s and 3 SU-100s, the box can only go to about 1300 pts before it starts needing filler upgrades like Bedspring or Escorts.
>>
>>48163645
>Frankly people who don't play goofy tanks are probably boring grognards you don't want to play against anyway.
Count me in for a boring grog then.
I'll gladly play wwII anime girl card games with rommel as a cute girl with lewd lingerie but when me and my friends spent countless hours on our great looking armies and some fantastic individual shows up to a tourney with germans painted like ultramarines then I get upset.

Nothing against smurfs, I play them in NetEpicA GO TEAM ULTRA
>>
>>48162883

lets see, it was 1,500 points. Page 108 of the Old Red Bear. He had

1 x HQ (2 x SMG + 1 Komissar)
2 x Compulsory Sapper Companies (2 Platoons Each)
1 x Spetznaz Platoon (2 x Squads)
1 x Heavy Mortar Platoon (6 x 120 PM)
1 x Artillery Platoon (4 x 122mm or 152mm, I forget which)

He also has 5 lend lease M4 Shermans I passed him
>>
>>48163629
>Don't call him a buffoon, that's being unnecessarily harsh on buffoons.

The politest thing I can say about him is that he was the wrong man for the job. Yes he's their face man, but he was the wrong person to showcase a historical game since he had no knowledge of and no interest in the history of WWII.

And his teacher, the Doctor Who look-alike, wasn't much better. Zero charisma.

As for Girls und Panzer tank commanders, I have yet to see anything like that for sale anywhere. The market for something like that is so small that the people behind the anime haven't even thought of it.
>>
Question: At how much points you guys mostly play EW? 1400-1500-1750?

Someone know which uniform the PSC Early War Grenadiers use? and if they have mg34 or mg42? Because i want to use them as early 1944 heer grenadiers for the Eastern Front.
>>
>>48163756

yeah my dad's more happy with the models than the gaming. He loves the T34 line on WOT. I reckon we can expand upon the list with all sorts of options, and we'll probably be going Red Bear instead of Desperate Measures.
>>
>>48163833
EW: Usually 1500-1550

PSC: Since they're called "Early War", I would venture a guess that they're quite early, with the MG-34.
>>
>>48163852
That's easy to understand, then. The T-34 and T-34-85 are probably two of the funnest Soviet tanks to play in all of WoT, along with the SU-76, SU-100, and KV-13. And that's even counting the fact that I grinded my way to getting the ISU's god-slayer cannon.

If your dad really likes doing a Soviet tank force, my recommendation would be for him to get another Vasiliy Hammer box, the plastic ISU box (or two), and 5 badass looking infantry stands (1 being a commander) to act as Spetsnaz. From there, 120mm Mortars (if going Red Bear, 160mm if going Desperate Measures), some pioneers/sappers, ZiS-2 tank guns, Razvedki (a bit of an investment due to needing the M3A1s), and an Il-2 Shturmovik.
>>
>>48163629
>Talking about TANKS and GuP, anyone know where I can get 15mm schoolgirls for tank commanders?
Well i think it is time to buy one of those 3d printers.
>>
>>48164008
well just for early then.

>>48163629
Too bad that the japanese only make 1/35 figures for plastic models.
>>
>>48164329
That only helps if someone has already made the files needed for the 3D printout.

Plus the detail level probably isn't quite there yet for 15mm scale human figures.
>>
>>48163833
PSC has two relevant boxes:

"WW2015008 15mm Early War German Infantry 1939-42" ...what is says, suitable for EW and MW, comes with MG34. Also has some 5cm mortars and AT Rifles

"Model: WW2015011 15mm German Grenadiers in Normandy 1944" ...basically LW German Grenadier/PzGrens, comes with some guys with Panzerfuasts and Panzerschrecks. Also, some Panzerfaust pieces you can easily glue to other figures as if they were carrying 'fausts, etc.

NOTE: "WW2015002 15mm WW2 Late War German Infantry 1943-45" ...this is a different set, the old-style weedy figures: avoid this code. The two codes above are the new style and much better figures.
>>
Did the Brits use any sort of SMG during the Battle of France? I can't find anything conclusive.
>>
>>48164591
Thanks, i already knew about the grenadiers in normandy and late war infantry boxes (i bought the late war one when they come out).

I asked about the early war box because i need some Germans grenadiers without ponchos, camouflage, etc. for mid war infantry and late war infantry like 78 sturmdivision.
>>
>>48164829
What colour are those ponchos, by the way? Did they come in winter versions or are they specifically a summer uniform?
>>
>>48164778
The sten?
>>
>>48164877
Splinter for summer and I'm pretty sure it was all white during the winter, and they're actually smocks, ponchos were during the winter
>>
>>48165016
Entered service 1941. Prior to that, from what I can find, the Brits were buying tons of Thompsons to get guns after the disaster of the Battle of France, but I can't find anything on whether or not they had any that could have been used in France.
>>
>>48164877
Zeltbahn mostly had spring/summer and autumn/winter variations, but the heer and SS units had different patterns. They are pretty varied

I lack a deep knowledge about german uniforms though. Like the panzer grenadier jacket, etc.
>>
>>48165075
Oh sorry m8, maybe the Lanchester but that was 1941 AND after Dunkirk. The Brits didn't really have a sub machine gun, the Thompson was in use though starting Febuary 1940, used by a spec ops team( I think) you could play it safe and just run LMGs which the Brits had a metric fuckton of
>>
File: MG 15th19th 2000.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MG 15th19th 2000.pdf
1 B, 486x500
For a 2k game against an unknown opponent, would you prefer the list in the PDF or this list:

B squadron, 15th/19th Hussars
Tank Company, from Nachtjager
>All Platoons rated CV

>Compulsory B Squadron HQ (p.11) - CinC Cromwell IV, 2iC Cromwell VI CS, Cromwell VI CS (245 pts)
-->Sherman ARV (10 pts)

>Compulsory Challenger Platoon (p.11) - Command Challenger, 2x Challenger (430 pts)

>Compulsory Cromwell Platoon (p.12) - Command Cromwell IV, 3x Cromwell IV (380 pts)

>Cromwell Platoon (p.12) - Command Cromwell IV, 2x Cromwell IV (285 pts)

>15th/19th Hussars Recce Patrol (p.12) - Command Scout Car, 3x Scout Car (120 pts)

>Lorried Rifle Platoon (p.13) - Command Rifle/MG, PIAT, Light Mortar, 6x Rifle/MG (180 pts)

>Field Battery, Royal Artillery (p.32) - Command Rifle, Staff, 2x Command Rifle, 2x Observer Rifle, 2x OP Carrier, 8x OQF 25 pdr gun (315 pts)

>Air Observation Post (p.30) - Auster AOP (25 pts)

1990 Points, 8 Platoons
>>
File: fashionable motherfuckers.jpg (84 KB, 600x821) Image search: [Google]
fashionable motherfuckers.jpg
84 KB, 600x821
>>48165042
Actually the ponchos or "Zeltbahn" (they could be used a tents too) were made in different colors, actually one side was camouflaged and the other with one color.

A good number of soldiers used them as ponchos like pic related.

Now the new plastic grenadiers from BF comes with both ponchos and smocks, the best way to differentiate them at this scale if they have the hood.
>>
>>48163155
>could I have one that looks like a taxi cab

I demand storytime, because there has to be something funny going on here
>>
File: whippet good.jpg (86 KB, 800x353) Image search: [Google]
whippet good.jpg
86 KB, 800x353
>>48163155
>Do I have to stick to Green Shermans or could I have one look like a taxicab?
If I were playing you, I’d need a good story to explain what the hell is going on. In a skirmish game like Tanks I’ll buy anything, but FoW games have infantry, artillery, etc… stuff that’s harder to explain in a non-serious setting.

On the other hand, a taxi livery would be one of the coolest fake paint jobs I’ve ever heard of. Could be fun.
>>
>>48163777
yeah he wouldnt hurt to get some sort of tank. I'd recommend some IS 85's or KV85's. Theyd be some beefy tanks that can assault, bitch slap enemy mediums, and hold a point.

You can get a plastic box for IS 85's pretty cheap from PSC or Battlefront
>>
>>48163486
>I enjoy giving tanks odd, sometimes vulgar names. I planned on calling it "Taxicab Confession", some of my other extravagant names for random tanks (usually 40k games): Call Waiting, Abortion Clinic, Parking Ticket, Tax Return, McRib, and Sex Tape.

Using names or text at the side of the tanks isn't something really unhistorical actually it is plausible more if it has to do with something that about the unit like pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (667 KB, 3264x1556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
667 KB, 3264x1556
I couldn't help myself, buying from zvezda is like buying candy.
>>
>>48165837
nice, I always get confused with the Russian assault guns/ tank hunters
>>
>>48165828
>if it has to do with something that about the unit like pic related
*have something to do about the unit. Dear god my english is getting worse by every day,
>>
>>48165871
It's the crapular SU-152.
I guess I'll have to buy the ISU-122/152 box too just so I can learn to see the difference.
>>
>>48165888
Don't worry about it.

Once you start making as many typos as Eagles, then you should start worrying.

>Fames of War
>>
>>48165964
The difference lies mostly in the back deck, where the exhaust and engine bits are. The KV chassis has those two circular "tank tits" near the back, while the IS chassis had two grills angled away from each other in thst spot. The SU-152 is an oddball of the SU series, as it's the only one based off the KV (85 and 100 being T-34 based, 76 being T-70 based), while the ISU is based off the IS chassis.
>>
>>48162001
It was like, 12am, and I'm unemployed.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 960x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 960x530
>>48166144
Damn anon, this is exactly the kind of info I need. Thanks!
>>
>>48166351
No problem.

By the way, you're never going to be able to look at any KV again without seeing those tank-tits on the back deck...
>>
File: image.png (236 KB, 1471x1506) Image search: [Google]
image.png
236 KB, 1471x1506
>>48166568
Yeah I noticed them before.
Since they looked like them I call them man-holes
>>
>>48165548
I just wanted to name it Taxicab Confession. I don't have to paint it like a taxicab to name it that but I feel it is appropriate.
>>
>>48166766
Even if you paint it olive drab, you should paint a double row of white checkers down the sides.
>>
>>48166778
That's actually a good idea. What I want to know is how I'll get the side of the tank to say Taxicab Confession in that tiny font. I'm guessing it's a decal but I doubt a company is going to sell some of my more eccentric tank names.
>>
>>48166811
Make them. or try to write it yourself.
>>
>>48166811
I'd assume you'd be able to order decals that are just letters, so you place them all individually.
>>
File: 03000892.jpg (111 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
03000892.jpg
111 KB, 800x450
>>48166811
its actually not too hard to freehand stuff. Hell I even did Russian
>>
>>48166811
>>48167016
>I'd assume you'd be able to order decals that are just letters, so you place them all individually.
Probably way too tiny.

As >>48166888 says, printing your own or doing freehand writing with a fineliner are probs your best options.

In fact, I got myself some decal paper to experiment with myself this week.
Gonna at least print some Saunders decals for the demo M4A3s for my FLGS.
Also some kind of nose-art for my Dropzone Commander interceptors.
>>
>>48166811
There are pens meant for use on painted models. You can also get blank decal paper for use in inkjet printers... but most printers don't have white ink.
>>
>>48167094
>Gonna at least print some Saunders decals for the demo M4A3s for my FLGS.
I am going to do the same but with Kuromorimine decals. Tanks! is going to be a intersting ride.
>>
>>48167621
Even though I saw all episodes of garupan I scoffed at the idea of painting fow minis anime style. I just didn't feel the hype.
But "Tanks!".
Isn't it just the perfect game to similate and enjoy GuP on the table top?
>terrain is modern japan suburb anime style
>fow tanks painted right
>custom anime girl tank commanders
I would love this!
>>
>>48162573
shit Richmond is like two hours away from NoVA though
>>
>>48167717
There used to be a company that made 15mm Schoolgirl Tank Commanders. The listing's disappeared though.
>>
>>48167717
The same happened to me, even though i am HUGE weaboo i really love history so i was really hesitating about painting some Panthers at GuP style for FoW.
>>
>>48167736
I may be mistaken. I know they're somewhere in VA.

If it makes you feel any better the really active group I know of in NY is about a 2 hour drive for me as well...
>>
File: jagdpanther girl.gif (591 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
jagdpanther girl.gif
591 KB, 450x253
>>48167717
>>48168134
Same here. But most* GuP tanks are in a single and fairly accurate color for ease of animation; it’s only the markings that are unique. Unless, of course, you do Ooarai’s early silly schemes! I’m surprised they went full camo on Chiha-tan’s Japanese tanks. Previously they’d only done with the Maus, which was never terribly mobile.

*The Crusader must be the worst offender. Ooarai’s Pz. IV Ausf. H in red-brown primer is probably the 2nd-worst. Kuromorimine’s Jagdtiger in the same primer isn’t as far-fetched. And we did get a glimpse of the university team having beaten a pink team…
>>
>>48168404
The pink panther there was a training tank.
>>
>>48168404
Poor Jagdpanther-Chan. Constantly detracked.
>>
>>48167717
>>48168761
So what would we need rules-wise for a GuP version of Tanks? A slightly modified damage deck and upgrade cards for the various schools and crew?
>>
>>48169914

Honestly, the game as it stands is great for the kinds of cinematic, flexible movement and damage stuff that GuP needs. The upgrade/pilot cards could do most of it.
>>
>>48169914
>>48170399
I think getting a proper GuP battlefield with room for some more crazy maneuvers would also do a lot.

That, and maybe some bullshit upgrade options that can rather tilt the game.
>>
>>48169914
Drifting, maybe as something like Barrel Rolls from X-Wing.
>>
File: Drifting.gif (5 MB, 524x295) Image search: [Google]
Drifting.gif
5 MB, 524x295
>>48171014
THIS FUCKING DESU
>>
>>48171288
I know physics tends to go out the window when it comes to anime, but I highly doubt a tank could drift like that unless it was already in a highly slippery surface like snow or ice.
>>
>>48172349
I feel like you'd throw the tracks pretty quickly if you tried
>>
>>48172349
Yeah it is pretty impossible, but since he want to make some GuP customs rules for Tanks!, something to emulate the drifting ala barrel rolls in X-Wing is a good idea, given how criminally common they were in the series and movie.
>>
>>48172579
That does happen later in the series. But then the movie goes wild with even more (and worse) drifting.
>>
File: 6201-q-front.jpg (54 KB, 480x417) Image search: [Google]
6201-q-front.jpg
54 KB, 480x417
Some IS-2 from Zvezda is here...
>>
File: 6196-q-front.jpg (55 KB, 480x417) Image search: [Google]
6196-q-front.jpg
55 KB, 480x417
...as well as Panter.
>>
>>48173826
Oh god i just tought i need 10 more panthers
>>
>>48173826
I just saw the photos of both tanks in their facebook, the IS2 is the 1944 version and the Panther actually is an ausf d.
>>
>>48171288

All that effort to drift around, just to hit the turret front armor.
>>
>>48174043
What's the notable differences between the D and the A? And how much of a pain in the ass would it be to convert it to a G?
>>
>>48162426
i know a guy in williamsburg. but he was a fantasy player/40k player who really got disenchanted w gamer culture....
he likes model tanks now, so it's not quite the same....
>>
>>48163486
you deserve a pin up...and i don't have my flash drive on me...
>>
>>48163598
put 7 under 3 and make #6 an abyssal bottom and we are good.
>>
>>48166766
>>48166778

<THIS.
>>
>>48168404
>>48168455

yes, a trainer.

>>48167717
>>48169914

we have top men working on it....
>>
>>48175768
Top men?
>>
>>48175576
As expected of zvezda, the D is the earliest model. A noticeable difference between it and a G will be the turret mantlet, as well as the exhaust.
>>
This was the first list I made, thanks to you guys. I know that it'll probably get wrecked in game but it gives me the opportunity to name fourteen tanks (which I did).
CC- Captain Hook
2iC- Birthday Suit
TP1- Empire Carpet, Magic 8 Ball, This Side Up, Flatfoot
TP2- Extra Credit, Burning Dog, Hot Coffee, Grand Slam
TP3- Honeymoon, Salem Witch, Gym Shorts, Health Inspector
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 275x183
>>48175935
Top. Men.
>>
>>48175696
No. 7 stays at 7. Fuck circus tanks.
>>
File: psc panthers.jpg (88 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
psc panthers.jpg
88 KB, 636x900
>>48175576
Here's a comparison but keep in mind THE A AND D ARE SWITCHED in this picture
>>
>>48176633
It's also worth noting that most As had a ball mounted hull MG, not the hatch shown.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2011) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2011
Played my first fow match in months.
I won 1500pts LW Domination Tankovy vs Canadian armoured recce.
>Za Rodinu!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3258x2280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3258x2280
>>48176905
Domination missions really revitalized our local metas love for fow.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>48176925
Comrade comissar demands I post a few more pictograms.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>48176950
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2013) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2013
>>48176959
>>
>>48175973
The engine deck too, right?
>>
>>48177019
So cute!
Thanks for the pics
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2089) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2089
>>48177019
My duty to the motherland is done.
>>
>>48177021
Yea, and the drivers side of the hull, and the crew hatches (a and d had angled hatches, g was normal to the hull), and the track guards

The tanks are pretty easily distinguished
>>
>>48176925
What is a domination mission?
>>
>>48177261
One where you're trying to put the enemy commander in a ballgag.
>>
>>48177261
http://forum.wwpd.net/resources/Complete%20Domination%20Missions..pdf
>>
>>48177261
They're missions created by a group called I-95 for the tournaments that they run.

If I'm remembering correctly, they have multiple objective points all across the map worth a varying amount of points each.

The player who has the most points worth of objectives under his control at the end of the game wins.
>>
Got my copy of TANKS yesterday, along with a Panzer IV expansion. It looks like German tanks come in one of two different shades of dunkelgelb: the Panther/Jagdpanther is on the greener side, and the Pz. IV and StuG are more yellow. I’ve seen them both before (as paints, not bare plastic) so I wouldn’t say either is wrong but the inconsistency is strange.

Also, the FoW main site doesn’t have a detailed assembly guide for the Panther like the other tanks have. There are some pieces I can’t identify, like what appears to be a three-tube exhaust stack. I see some IR equipment, but don’t know where I’d install it if I wanted to use it.

The Sherman sprues come with a hedgerow cutter – how common were they? It reminds me of Epic 40k tanks so I think I’ll use at least one.

The cards, counters, etc. look great.
>>
>>48175576
A quick list with a fews differences between D and G
Steel wheels style
Mantlet
Copula
Engine deck
Exhausts
Hatches array
Ball mounted MG.

Most important thing from a gamer point of view, is the commander copula, ball mounted MG, engine deck and the exhausts. Now the mantlet isn't really a problem because even thought it was the standard desing, some panthers were still made with the old mantlet style.

Buying a PSC Panther is a better idea desu
>>
>>48178216
>Copula
Freudian slip
>>
File: 1280px-GeschützDora2.jpg (99 KB, 1280x474) Image search: [Google]
1280px-GeschützDora2.jpg
99 KB, 1280x474
bump
>>
>>48179544
By Saint Barbara!
>>
>>48178442
i don't know how to say cupula in english.
>>
>>48180158
Cupola. Not to be confused with copulate.
>>
>>48180180
>Cupola
oh god i really feel like a stupid now
>>
>>48180210
English spelling makes no sense so don’t feel about it - but we’ll still laugh if you accidentally come close to a word for sex =p

Moving on... how should I assemble this TANKS Panther? Can the hull top be magnetized in order to switch with the Jagdpanther? Which one would get side skirts? I haven't seen many Panthers with side skirts, but I don't know about Jagdpanthers.
>>
>>48180440
>Can the hull top be magnetized in order to switch with the Jagdpanther?
Yup. Shouldn't require more than one magnet at the top rear of the lower hull attaching to something magnetic on the top hull..

>Which one would get side skirts? I haven't seen many Panthers with side skirts, but I don't know about Jagdpanthers.
From what I remember, you get enough of the small side skirts in the kit to put them on both if you want to.
Both had them sometimes, but tanks without them were pretty common as well. So you can just do what you feel like.
>>
File: 1384304536826.jpg (108 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
1384304536826.jpg
108 KB, 700x504
Slow SPGs for a slow Friday
>>
So yesterday, I asked about whether it was okay to paint a tank like a taxicab.
I know I could do this, but will players take offense to a few of my infantryman being black? I find the idea of Sgt. DMX fun, despite it being historically inaccurate for a number of reasons.
>>
>>48182522
What is this, the '50s? No, we're not going to get offended by that.

Not sure it happened, historically, but it could have under difficult circumstances. I'd like to think it did.
>>
>>48182522
It'd be fine with most players. Some players might bitch a little and say that blacks were only in all black units if your playing Americans but most would think its cool
>>
My friend and I are looking into starting up a Japanese army, but we aren't sure if we should go with Rising Sun or Banzai. On one hand making a Late era army with Banzai would be simple on its own but Rising Sun has neat Soviet shit in it. Any help?
>>
>>48182889
Your basic infantry, most of your guns and some of your tanks are basically interchangeable between Rising Sun and Banzai. If your area's meta favours Early war, get Rising Sun first. If Late war, Banzai.
>>
>>48182854
Yeah, I was just wondering if it would jelly with the people who "must have historical accuracy". The last thing I want is to have a guy sperg halfway through the game because he noticed that a black man is leading a team of white guys.
>>
>>48183014
Sperging is only common for clown car paint schemes. For little details like that, you'd get polite disagreement at worst and a little story about your made-up regiment would satisfy most people.

It's hard to prove that Americans of different races never fought side by side. You could prove that there were no mixed regiments on paper, but how long does "on paper" ever last? And you've got your (regulation green) taxi Sherman anyway. Your company will already look like one making a movie about WWII, in a game that some people describe as WWII: The Movie: The Game.
>>
>>48183014
Look. Does it make you happy to paint your troops like that?
>Yes
Good, anyone else's opinion can be safely thrown in the trash.
>>
>>48182522
>I know I could do this, but will players take offense to a few of my infantryman being black?

Not really. I mean, it would irk my inner rivet counter, but no more than battlefronts panzer IV's having the wrong number of idler wheels.

Aka I know its "wrong" but I really don't care.

It would be really awesome to see someone model the all black units that fought though. Something like the 761st tank battalion or one of the units pressed into combat in Italy or the Bulge
>>
>>48183266
>It would be really awesome to see someone model the all black units that fought though
They're in RTR as well, I think.
>>
File: Totally Tubular Idler.jpg (86 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Totally Tubular Idler.jpg
86 KB, 1024x768
>>48183266
>idler wheels.
They've actually fixed the plastic kit! It now has 7 spokes, correct for the Ausf. F through much of H. Late Ausf. H and all Js had cast idlers with 7 split spokes.

I think the resin+plastic Ausf. J model is still wrong (not only are the spokes tubular, but there are 8 of them).

No, it doesn't bother me if you try to play me with the wrong number of spokes on your idler wheels.
>>
>>48183262
In a social game I think it's good to care about the people you're playing against - to a reasonable extent, of course.
>>
File: tumblr_mb8vycLaFc1rcoy9ro1_1280.jpg (302 KB, 1206x751) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb8vycLaFc1rcoy9ro1_1280.jpg
302 KB, 1206x751
bump
>>
File: 1434063093156.png (101 KB, 124x357) Image search: [Google]
1434063093156.png
101 KB, 124x357
>>48184394
>>
File: hitler xbox.jpg (246 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
hitler xbox.jpg
246 KB, 835x773
>>
>>48182522
Well, hey, I'm pretty sure I have black guys hiding in my SS platoons, but that is mainly because I used brown as a first layer and must have forgotten to pick out all the skin.
>>
>>48185159
This makes me smile.
>>
File: 1437235896266.jpg (808 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1437235896266.jpg
808 KB, 1600x1200
>>48185159
>>
>>48182522
Seeing as how black troops served in the wehremacht idk why it would be super historically inaccurate.

Unless you're playing Americans.
>>
>>48185240
I plan to play Americans. The point was to have an occasional black team leader and name em after famous rappers, like Sgt. DMX or Sgt. Dre. I just wanted to know how likely is someone going to refuse to play against an army that isn't a total reflection of 1940s America.
I've decided to stop worrying about it. If someone is going to argue about the color skin of my plastic army men, I don't want to lose to him anyway.
>>
>>48185577
Skin tone on the inf is such a small detail though.
Like I realized I'd skipped the step where I should have painted the faces of one batch of inf and no one noticed for 3 months.
>>
>>48185577
Skin tone is barely noticeable, and not a huge deal (historically or aesthetically) compared to painting a tank bright primary colors. Anyone that gives you shit for it is a wanker.
>>
>>48185641
Honestly, people are probably more concerned with things like "Are those Rifle or Rifle/MG teams? Oh, Ok."

From 3 feet away it's an easy thing to not even notice a different skin tone on one out 4 or 5 figures on an infantry base.
>>
>>48185672
this

Like, if somebody does something like painting your entire army red and yell "memes for the meme god" then I'm gonna be mildly upset.
>>
>>48185681
Makes me wonder what I can get away with...
>one waffen ss soldier in my strelk
>>
>>48185789
Sculpting a kid hellboy in an american inf team would be cool too.
>>
>>48185817
I think a red-skinned demon will stick out just a little bit.
>>
>>48185846
yea but that's like "oh neat, I get that reference" and it's one figure in one infantry team. Like the captain America HQ.

As opposed to that bumblefuck over at beasts of war
>>
>>48185951
Now I really want to know what that guy did to his army.
>>
>>48185992
'nazi artifact hunters' complete with UFO
>>
>>48186056
What? Did he make up rules for all this?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x380
>>48186056
I need pictures
>>
>>48185237
>1st on left, 3rd row is the poor Korean SOB who had to fight against his will for the Japs, Slavs, AND Krauts before finally getting to surrender to the allies

I mean, I still know many in the collage were willingly there, but its funny to see him there.

Also, My Way was a fucking amazing movie even if it was kind of embellishing the story quite a bit.
>>
>>48186205
look up beasts of war "flames of war ftw"
>>
>>48186139
>>48186205
https://youtu.be/Z1lSsaVxBik?t=10m52s
>>
>>48186139
the UFO is just whatever air support he decides

except modeled as a ugly flying saucer

the fat fuck thought he was coming up with a backstory for some fantasy game, he knows nothing about history and is completely uninterested in learning any, let alone the rules of the game
>>
>>48186473

"I want to have an army that, whenever an opponent is playing me, he'll walk away and go 'that guy knows jack shit about the history'..."
>>
>>48186548
Well he succeeded
>>
>>48186473
What a fucking tard. Can't even understand what friggin' era he wants to play, or be arsed clearly to investigate the Historical aspects at all.
>>
>>48186618
I've been watching their videos because they tend to have neat terrain and it's like, this tub of lard makes a point of showing how bored he is whenever they bring up history

why is he pretending to learn the rules of a historical game
>>
File: beasts of war tard.png (825 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
beasts of war tard.png
825 KB, 626x624
>>48186205
>>
>>48186840
and yes, he flies it around and makes spaceship noises
>>
>>48186840
I'm so sorry I even asked.
>>
I dunno. I think it might be fun to run an army loaded with experimental shit and paper tanks.

>>48186840
That's a bit silly though.
>>
>>48187014
There's a time and a place for it. Having a wacky objective isn't so bad. Someone in the NZ tournament Scene's got a landed UFO object that I think's just neato, but if we're actually playing I'm going to put one of my flat objectives under it so that we can take the model off.
>>
>>48186473
Why not playing dust tactics/warfare
>>
>>48186840
what bugs me isnt that he made some sort of super speshul indiana jones nazi list.

Done right, that would be friggin sweet to see on the table.

The problem isnt how he did it, its the attitude behind it.

It's the difference between your pal saying "hey asshole" and some guy on the street saying it. If you had a guy who was still aware of the history around WWII, and then did some research into all the bizarre occult science the Nazis did, and then based it on that actual unit, now we're getting somewhere. I would love to see a guy who put that level of effort into a what if force. Especially if he had cool little nods like indiana jones with a rocket launcher and the lost ark, or the red skull on a command base.

But instead, he just insults anyone who put a modicum of effort into learning the history of their force and trying to make something realistic, essentially saying "lol nerds". He just does whatever he wants and then pretends to fall asleep whenever a guy actually talks about real history or even just why a unit would be organized a certain way.

That, and the fact he made an army of 21 stugs and somehow figured out a way to even make that annoying.
>>
>>48187014
That is why some people make Panthers 2, Maus, E50, E75 and T44.
>>
>>48187128
Yea that sums it up nicely. It's certainly an attitude thing. He apparently thinks that just because you can't have 100% historical accuracy, you're wrong for being historically authentic and his whole attitude towards the game just annoys me, because it's clear he looks down on the reasons we like it.

Which is the crux of the reason I, and I gather some others in the thread, dislike the idea of crazy bright colored tanks, etc, as an army. It's a kind of warning sign that our opponent is gonna think our passion for history is boring and lame.
>>
>>48187230
But what if they like the crazy shit and the history?
>>
>>48187242
Sure but I wanted to sit down and play a ww2 game between ww2 forces, not happy rainbow lala land fairies. Same way one might dislike when an opponent has an unpainted army.
>>
>>48187300
Is it really that big of a deal?
I mean I hardly look at what color they are, just what is it and what it's doing.
>>
>>48187446
I wouldn't throw a fit at the table or anything, no. I'm just trying to reason out why it annoys me.
>>
Why are we still talking about this guy?

We should be talking about how Leopard is out today.
>>
>>48189378
Leopard has been out for a while. We've already gotten a scan.
>>
>>48189451
link for scan, please?
>>
File: 1467554411877.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1467554411877.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48189464
Bartosz is what done this.
>>
>>48189486
I'm working on a full-book scan myself.

Gotta love getting early access from my FLGS.
>>
>>48189451
This weekend was supposed to be the launch.

But yeah, a lot of stuff got spoiled early.

>>48189486
Nice!

>>48189641
>I'm working on a full-book scan

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I applaud you.

>Gotta love getting early access from my FLGS.

Must be nice.
>>
>>48189900
Like with Magic the Gathering, I don't really know if you can describe it as a spoiler if the company themselves does it. It's more like a reveal because Battlefront gives the book willingly to WWPD, who then reveal it. And considering that WWPD reveals almost every book every time, there's clearly no expectation of privacy.
>>
>>48190025
The last few times it's been Breakthrough Assault, but yeah, I get your point.
>>
>>48185730
OTOH if someone paint stheir guys are red advance war soldiers I'm gonna give them a high five.

Double points if they have little bobblehead figures.
>>
>>48187014
>I dunno. I think it might be fun to run an army loaded with experimental shit and paper tanks.
Absolutely, I want to grab a Ho 229 for my Me's and E-50s for the panthers and go to town.

Wonder if Maus would be a good King Tiger, it was kind of fuckhuge.

>>48187128
>The problem isnt how he did it, its the attitude behind it.
This I can get behind. I've wanted to do a paper panzers list but that's because I like alternate histories as well, not because I'm uninterested in actual history.
>>
>>48190473
Maus would make a good Jagdtiger. Because you can justify the slow movement of the turret as hull mounted.
>>
>>48190428
My soviets were going to be arstotzkans, but I fell victim to niche soviet winter camos.
>>
>>48190542
Oh shit do Hinds come in Winter Camo?
Hadn't considered that.
>>
>>48190570
There's dozens of winter schemes trialled but winter camo was not generally used in peacetime because it was too much work, basically.
>>
>>48190570
White Hinds...

Angry clouds with cannons, rockets, and missiles.
>>
>>48189900
>You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I applaud you.

Now that I've already done it for the original TY book, I figured Leopard wouldn't be a problem.

>>48189900
>Must be nice.

Eh, I'm their main person trying to promote both Flames of War and Team Yankee. The owner threw me a bone by letting me borrow and look at the Team Yankee book when it first came out and the Leopard book this past week.

The actual scanning is done. I need to spend a day putzing around with the brightness and the contrast (the text came out as pale grey on the scan, but looks a lot better after some minor adjustments in Photoshop) and then probably in the next few days I'll have a full-book scan for Leopard up in the Scans Database.
>>
>>48191067
Is there a scan for Red Bear on the database?
>>
File: IMG_20160709_125943-picsay.jpg (656 KB, 2060x1252) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160709_125943-picsay.jpg
656 KB, 2060x1252
Smoke screen with pre positioned range in marker, turn 1
>>
>>48191136
Yes.

Link in the OP.
>>
Is Team Yankee unbalanced? Everything I look at for it it looks like the Soviets always have the advantage. Or are they still a horde army?
>>
>>48191706
They're rather horde-y. Americans can destroy them pretty easily; their big weakness is bad morale.
>>
>>48191706
I see claims of both sides being too good or too powerful.

Which leads me to believe that the game is probably fairly well balanced.
>>
File: 1464746739415.jpg (90 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
1464746739415.jpg
90 KB, 800x520
>>48191706

My own experience leads me to believe that the US is at a disadvantage vs the Soviets mostly due to having only 1 AA option and no BMP equivalent (ITV's are ok but no BMP2). But the imbalance isn't as stark as it would seem to be given what Anon's talk about in this thread.

This should be fixed in later releases for the US as they should get their own equivalents to the Gremlin and Gopher AA systems, along with the Bradly. When? Who knows.

This may also change now that the Germans are about to be released and they appear to have a much better mix of forces and the soviet players will have to change their lists to accommodate that.

As for whether the soviets are "just a swarm list" is a vast oversimplification akin to saying a nuke is "just a big bomb".
>>
>>48192592
One thing to keep in mind is that pretty much every vehicle in the US forces has a .50 cal also capable of firing at aircraft.
>>
>>48192281
The one thing I do think is jarring, from my first few games is Night. Night is essentially purely good* for the Americans and can't be counteracted in any way except by not getting night.

*the only exception is aircraft, but aircraft suffer even worse under night.
>>
>>48192705
Isn't it only like a 1/6 chance of the game being played at night, though?
>>
>>48192592
I'd assume that eventually at some point down the line we'll get something like "REFORGER: Reinforcement of the Forces in Germany" which will include things like M1A1s, Bradleys, older US tanks like the M60, older and newer Soviet equipment, etc.
>>
File: Leopard cover.jpg (193 KB, 338x475) Image search: [Google]
Leopard cover.jpg
193 KB, 338x475
Guess what I have ready for all of you...

The full-book scan of Leopard is now in the Scans Database!

https://www.mediafire.com/#8ciamhs8husms
>>
>>48191155
>green army men as troops

thats fucking brilliant
>>
>>48194342
Thanks, Eagles!
May your every combat jump ends well ;)
>>
>>48194419
They could just be half-painted figures.

But Green Amy Men would certainly be a fun little in-joke since we are just playing a game of toy soldiers.

>>48194342
You sir are a hero. Day-of-release scan. Brilliant.
>>
>>48194419
>green army men as troops
>thats fucking brilliant

Indeed.

>>48194466
>Thanks, Eagles!
>May your every combat jump ends well ;)
>>48194528
>You sir are a hero. Day-of-release scan. Brilliant.

Glad to be of service.

>But Green Amy Men would certainly be a fun little in-joke since we are just playing a game of toy soldiers.

This. Right here.

Whenever we start to take the game a bit too seriously we need to take a step back and remember that we are grown men playing with toy soldiers.
>>
>>48194568
Also, I had access to the book a week in advance thanks to the kind folks at my FLGS.

So it's not technically a same-day scan. I've been working on it for a week.
>>
>>48192696

Yeah but in practice Air can easily out range them.

>>48192942

Yup, but its a huge buff to the US player when it does happen.
>>
Has anyone done Infantry Aces? Are some of the abilities a bit... Lacklustre? Rerolls to hit in assault seem nice, for example, but nothing compared to eyes-and-ears.
>>
>>48195666
>Yup, but its a huge buff to the US player when it does happen.
In our case, we thought "Why not give night a try today?" after a game or two under our belts. Answer: 5+ to hit enemies are deeply unfun. As I said, the most annoying thing is there doesn't seem to be any way to to mitigate it or turn it back on them, they just become impossible to hit for part/all of the game.
>>
>>48194568
>Whenever we start to take the game a bit too seriously we need to take a step back and remember that we are grown men playing with toy soldiers.
If anyone knows where to find chibi 15mm mans suitable for recreating advance wars please do tell me.
>>
>>48194342
>https://www.mediafire.com/#8ciamhs8husms
Could someone please upload this to Mega or something? Mediafire is a total bitch to use
>>
I've just started FoW, got the Open Fire Box, and a Panzer IV H platoon box. Where to now? I've done 40k/fantasy, and 1/35 kits.
>>
>>48196827
Mega got it's ownership yanked around a lot, until it was now majority owned by the NZ government. It's basically now one big honey pot waiting to happen.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.