[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find me a worse Roll20 description
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: QC.png (36 KB, 865x305) Image search: [Google]
QC.png
36 KB, 865x305
Find me a worse Roll20 description
>>
That sounds like the start and end of 8-bit theater.
>>
File: ba50f2f0f5cbbb0bb0e5b9bfcefeb8ea.jpg (605 KB, 1946x2048) Image search: [Google]
ba50f2f0f5cbbb0bb0e5b9bfcefeb8ea.jpg
605 KB, 1946x2048
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/43912/the-divination
Do you think yourself worthy of passing the Divination?

https://app.roll20.net/users/977236/the-gypsy
>Bio: I am the Past, Present, and Future. The One Foretold and the One who is Gone. The Nameless Name. The Witch of the Weirdling Ways. The Speaker of Silence. The Star in the Black Sky. The Sleeping Dark that dreams of being Awake. I Know the Nothing. I See without Seeing. Within and Without. Beginning and Ending. Doing without Trying. Finding without Seeking. The Mysterious Understanding. The Cold Fire. The Wrong that is Right. Seek Me Out and Find Yourself.
>>
>>48156886
alright, I'm sold. When will it start?
>>
>>48156924
I applied. Don't judge me, I'm in the office and bored out of my skull. Will post results, if any.
>>
>>48156168
Goddamn. He couldn't even be arsed to get the grammar right. It should be 'an adventure that will happen'.
>>
>>48156924
> The idea is get the player to stop thinking in terms of being dependent on a system (3.5, 4E, Pathfinder, 5E, etc.) and instead to start thinking in terms of Roleplaying a character like in a novel.

Either he did some really unfortunate wording, or get ready for railroad central!

> While players are in the Divination, they focus exclusively on Pure Roleplaying and Storytelling. It is up to the player to Bring the Character to Life, by describing what they would Think, Feel, Say, and Do in specific situations.

Why does this GM Emphasize random Words as though he's in a Comic Book?
>>
File: 1460788713336.jpg (147 KB, 1497x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460788713336.jpg
147 KB, 1497x1000
>>48156924
>>48157865
>>48157905

>DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 4E (Claim the 4th Edition World using a Custom System)

>PATHFINDER (Explore Golarion and Adventure Paths using a Custom System)

Why call them that if they use a "Custom System"?
>>
>>48157905
Because those are Core Concepts to the Way he Runs the Game.

>>48158019
He lifted the settings verbatim and substituted his homebrew (same for all of the campaigns) for the actual system.
>>
>>48157905
Literally autism
>>
>>48158019
>Claim the 4th Edition World

It's called Nentir Vale or Points of Light you fucking pleb.
>>
>>48156924
I don't know he's running a lot of games, and they have not few people.

So i guess either everyone is an idiot or he is actually doing something right despite his weird description.
>>
>>48158132
>Points of Light
That's third-party.
>>
>>48158408
"Points of light" started as a way to describe the rule's assumptions about setting details--specifically that towns and other inhabited areas were points of light in the darkness. Cities are separated, travel is dangerous, and there's plenty of work to be had for hardy adventurers.

Eventually a lot of more-specific details were bolted onto everything, and a setting sort of congealed around that boilerplate description.

It's DEFINITELY not third-party, though. I'm 90% sure the term was coined by Chris Perkins, and IIRC he used it while describing 4e for one of the PAX games, back when 4e was brand new.
>>
>>48158485
>It's DEFINITELY not third-party
The only products actually called 'Points of Light' are a pair of books from Goodman Games, which is where the confusion comes from.
>>
>>48158387
How many moronic players have you met in your life?
>>
>>48158387
ever heard of safe space?
>>
File: Nerath_Map_HighRes.jpg (239 KB, 1024x808) Image search: [Google]
Nerath_Map_HighRes.jpg
239 KB, 1024x808
>>48158132
Nentir Vale isn't close to the whole setting.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.