[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How weeaboo do your games get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Weeaboo.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
How weeaboo do your games get?
>>
>>48156054
>roll20
never again
>>
>>48156054
I make efforts to avoid it. I know a few good people who are weabs. They are a minority among weabs.
>>
File: 03.png (774 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
03.png
774 KB, 750x750
>>48156069

This is MapTool. The program in question does not make tokens look very pleasing when zoomed out, but it does a fair job when zoomed in.
>>
None at all, I'm so happy
>>
>>48156102
Who the fuck cares what it is?

It's still shitty animu faggotry.
>>
That is past.

The new menace is how every game evolves into a game of thrones crap
>>
>>48156156
Gee, I don't know. Besides, there is nothing with weeabs and faggotry.
>>
>>48156181
>game devolves into
ftfy

>>48156202
>nothing wrong with
ftfy
>>
File: 1459742391271.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459742391271.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>48156181
>"Hey guys, I'm starting up a gritty, realistic, grim, dark, mature, low magic, low fantasy campaign.

>"It'll be a sandbox of political intrigue, directly inspired by Game of Thrones.

>"I'm using Pathfinder because it's all I know. Level 1 and 15 point buy. No magic items. Core rulebook only, because I don't want any powergaming rules lawyers in my game.

>"Want to join?"
>>
>>48156054
Super weeb.
We mostly play Japanese systems and when we don't it's still weeb as fuck.
>>
>>48156222
>>
>>48156222
Seems okay enough.
>>
>>48156102
Beats Roll20 crashing every 3 seconds because it was coded by monkeys at least.
>>
>>48156202
Looks pretty weaby and faggoty to me.
>>
>>48156306
I've never had this issue.

The only issue I have with roll20 is all of the shitty moeblob characters that people submit to me. They all go completely autistic when I say no.
>>
>>48156054
One of our players tried to make an 'Iron Wizard' who specialized in summoning swords whose name was 'Acha.' His character picture was taken straight from an anime (take a guess).

Besides him, not very. We talk shit about anime every now and again but mostly it stays out of the game.
>>
File: throne-22.jpg (91 KB, 695x491) Image search: [Google]
throne-22.jpg
91 KB, 695x491
>>48156222
Good way to format a summary of your current or upcoming game

>"Hey guys, I'm starting up a classic, bloody, dark, cold, high magic, high fantasy campaign.
>"It'll be a sandbox of clever dungeon dives, inspired by Skyrim"
>"I'm using 5e because it's so easy. Level 3 and roll 4d6 drop lowest, take your pick from 3 sets. Magic items are rare. Anything 5e published may work, but talk with me first if it's outside core rulebook."
>"Want to join?"
>>
So is this the current shitposting thread?
Anti-weebs will have their day on the wall.
>>
>>48156426
How's the group is the question that's important.
>>
>>48156426
Is this supposed to be an insult?
>>
>>48156054
Game literally set in not!Japan.
>But that doesn't answer the question!
I'll leave it up to your interpretation.
>>
>>48156054
Finding something that isn't anime artwork being used in our games is generally a little surprising.
>>
>>48156432
You know I'm fine with anime and manga.

I fucking can't stand weebs. They're the most entitled players I ever get and they're often terrible roleplayers, and at best mediocre rollplayers so you can't even give them a good dungeon crawl.

Almost all they ever want is scenarios that pat them on the head and tell them they're pretty or powerful or both.

I will never say no to a character or person just because they use anime or manga art clips but sometimes I wish I could just bite the bullet and allow myself to become biased as fuck.
>>
>>48156497
>I fucking can't stand weebs. They're the most entitled players I ever get and they're often terrible roleplayers, and at best mediocre rollplayers so you can't even give them a good dungeon crawl.
That just sounds like the average player senpai.
>>
Not particularly. My games get about as weeby as '00s CN cartoons, where the writers were just starting to know more about anime than speed racer and a paragraph of incredibly inaccurate info on pokemon.
>>
>>48156517
The weeb players I've played with and dmed for tend to be real excited to play until 2 days before the first game, where they become a dead fish and have no idea how to play their loner wandering swordsman.
>>
>>48156547
>real excited to play until 2 days before the first game, where they become a dead fish and have no idea how to play their loner wandering swordsman.
Again not really breaking the norm of RPG players
>>
>>48156517
Nah, most 40kids and metal fantasy fags I run for tend to love lore, deadly combat, and actually stay and play for long periods of time.

I only have one weab who's stuck with the group and he always plays a not-Bōsōzoku or an ally of justice.
>>
>L5R
Max weeb. But it's weeaboo classic, early 90s style.
>>
>>48156054
Based on a thread I saw on /tg/ I included a magical Katana in a game I ran, the only katana in the entire setting. Said Katana was called "the sword of (false) superiority", and the magic effect was that the wielder had to make a willpower test to resist bragging about it's supernatural sharpness and superior construction to every new person he met, and that he would never willingly relinquish the blade or use any other weapon without an even more difficult willpower test. Apart from that the sword was completely identical in stats to a longsword (1d8 Dmg, 19-20/x2).
The player who got that as part of a loot pile promptly sperged out and when on a tirade about "muh hundred folded steel cut-through-gun-barrels sword" and then rage-quit the game when I told him to calm his tits and stop acting like a weeaboo. The game improved significantly after that point.
>>
>>48157771
Nice story. Should have added in punching him in the face.
>>
>>48156222
Nice copy-pasta, Suzy.
>>
>>48157771
You must be fun at parties
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.